New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: TW: Imperium IC

1. - Top - End - #151
    Barbarian in the Playground

RogueGuy

Default Re: TW: Imperium IC

House Gilkara:

The throne was comforting to Torbin's body. It offered support to his tired muscles and kept him correctly postured. The holotable was surrounded by other chairs not as stylish as his, but probably just as comfortable. To his right, his social partner's dark eye rings and unusual silence reflected his own fatigue. The new regiment of their lifestyle would take time to get used to. The rest of his family ranged from extreme attention to obvious distraction as the council people across from him droned on about updates from the economic sectors. It was the fourth of such meetings today.

On the far side of his social partner, another cousin, was diligently, and obnoxiously, still consuming the information from the University's meeting from this morning. Torbin quickly turned his attention back to the group before him when they all stood up and saluted. He saluted back and they left the room.

A more familiar group came in, the family's personal assistants. "Duke," the man said, but his hand sweeping meant that he included everyone. "The Navy is prepared for the war tutorial. If we shall." A few of his cousins shot Torbin pleading looks.

The sigh escaped his mouth on its own. "Right, the war tutorial, and then we have our court meeting. Then can we finally have some time to ourselves? I can't **** properly with someone over my back."

"Defecate, if you would like to be vulgar. We have too much to prepare you all for to allow you much free time. We are aware that the transition period into the twenty six hour day is difficult, but it is the best design for you." This woman was charming, but so demanding. Nothing was good enough for any of the advisors.

The groan from the Royal group was unanimous. They didn't have six hours left, but eight, before the day was done.

The advisor that followed Torbin everywhere spoke up, "As you get better, and you will, get better at performing your duties, you will find yourself with more and more free time." In a clear shot at Torbin, the man adds, "And after your body adjusts to it's healthier diet, perhaps we can cut down on your twelve daily defecations. That should also buy you some more time."

Torbin's nose hurt as he squeezed his arm over his face. A muffled scream let loose and he stood up.

The woman's displeasure twisted her face. The advisors were enjoying this as much as the family was. "We have wasted five minutes here already. Please." More sweeping arm gestures led the procession out of the meeting room.

Spoiler: Zaqaru: Enigma 5
    Show
    A confused voice breaks over the message
    "Duke Nabuna?", the message stops for a few seconds before continuing.

"Umm.. hello, let's see here… Ahem!
    It is with great pleasure that I announce to your noble house that I, Torbin Gilkara, has re-established house Gilkara as the rulers, ruler?, ruler of Filo. Now that we are in control of our system, I have been advised to reach out to other houses and make our presence known.

First, I regret that we were not present for your exquisite party. Our house has many single [redacted] court people. We have heard of the extravagant way that your family hosted the event.

Second, we understand that you are settling a dispute with house Sansone. I must state that we hope the war will be influenced by the sectors around you. I push the idea that after the war you will be forgiving to the people that you come into control over.

Third, I congratulate you on your recent good fortune. I'd be happy with just getting married, so getting to be heir of your dynasty is [redacted] pleasant as well.

I wish you steadfastness over the coming years.
    [Redacted]

Torbin Gilkara"

Spoiler: Message to all: Open broadcast
    Show

It is with great pride that the nation of Filo has peacefully transitioned power back to House Gilkara. We diligently wish to fulfill our obligation to the Empire and look forward to good relations with all Noble Houses and factions that help maintain the stability of our glorious civilization.

With the recent death of our benevolent Emperor, we are saddened, but look forward to working with our new ruler. The Gilkara family looks forward to stable and continued economic and diplomatic relations.

Spoiler: Greenflame: Enigma 5
    Show
    The message starts "Right, Duke Farid."

I, Torbin Gilkara, am pleased to announce my ascendance to leadership over the nation of Filo. We are pleased to see you working so hard to keep aggressors at bay and thank you for your duty to stop foreign entities from entering the empire.

It is in this effort that we offer any help. We would like to assist you in any study of exploration and understanding of things outside our Empire.

Your noble house is an important figure in our Empire, and House Gilkara looks forward to helping in whatever small way we can.

Spoiler: Tatarus: Enigma 5
    Show
    [Message start] “Dutchess Mira.” [Message Stop]
    [Message Start] “High Courtesan Mira,
    It is with great pleasure that I, Torbin Gilkara, inform you of my family’s rise to power over the nation Filo. We recognize your extreme aptitude in court matters and would like to request trainees for our royal family. I want to what!?”[Message Stop]
    [Message Start] I realize that my family is out of touch with many customs that are present in the Empire. It is my humble request that you help us develop those customs for our house.

We also look forward to other, larger, agreements that may come up over the next few years. [End Message]

[OOC] Right now this is a pure roleplay request.[OOC]
    Last edited by LimSindull; 2019-05-26 at 11:46 PM.
    "I'll get a cool quote, just you wait."
    Here is the backdrop to the first Campaign in my Titan Blood World.
    Bastilonis

2. - Top - End - #152

PaladinGuy

House Greenflame

Enigma 4

The staccato pops of freshly opened champagne rang out through a dreary and sterile cafeteria. Even on a station as remote as Sphinx humans could still find a chance to celebrate.

For Dr. Yarro, it was her birthday.

SamU maintained a few dozen stations both around House Greenflame's sovereign space and beyond in order to harvest data and host experiments on different star and planet classes. Sphinx drifted around a silicate world of unusually large proportions. Its sheer mass meant that the gravity well pulled fearsomely at the surrounding space, leaving Sphinx free to drift far beyond normal satellite zones in effectively open space. It was not the planet Yarro had come to investigate however, it was the star.

756-90-MXI, or Moxie, as the younglings had taken to calling it, was a normal C-class star, warming the local system with a soft yellow light. In years past it had been noted that the star occasionally emitted pulses of radiation that behaved in unusual ways. So the station was built and used sporadically over the decades. The Prolong treatment, which had started the whole mad line of research Dr. Yarro was currently pursuing, was designed to protect starsailors from unhealthy radiation such as this.

But what if it wasn’t protection that was needed, but focusing?

That was the question for tomorrow, and the next day, and the next year. Perhaps for many many years to come. Would Dr. Yarro have enough years to realize her theories?

Perhaps, but today, there was cake, for it was her 95th birthday.

Players

House Zaqaru
    Spoiler
    Show
    Thank you for the offer Sir Emit, but for now our finances are tied up elsewhere.

House Gilkara
    Spoiler
    Show
    Peace Upon You Lord Gilkara,

It brings me great joy to see another house rise to such noble heights. While affairs our affairs are currently entwined with the Democratic Republic of the People, we do of course still pursue the mysteries the universe offers, and there are indeed many. In the coming years perhaps we can embark on a great venture together?

Regardless for the time being you should know that my house has created several military blueprints of particular note in recent years, our science budgets are capable of much more than just exploration. Both [Hexshot Fighters] and [Orca Bombers] are for sale at [2 trade/5 units of equipment].

Blessed Regards,
    Duke Farid Saquar,
    Master of the Grand Marquis

NPCs

House Mertens
    Spoiler
    Show
    Excellent, I shall prepare the archives for imaging.
    While our lines are open I feel I should ask, what is your take on the emperors latest memoir? With my territories so distant from the imperial core I have rather dated news at best of happenings. Are the siblings reacting at all to this new revaluation of stability?

House Vastadd
    Spoiler: Court PM
    Show
    Farid nods with a smile. Flicking his wrist holo back to the recent battle.

"I am pleased to hear it Lady Vastadd, but they have refused to speak with our diplomats on both occasions where overtures were made."

The holo flashes through a series of scanner maps which detail positioning and timing of the People's Navy Maneuvering.
    "During our skirmish our fleet marked about [8 navy] worth of combat ships, so that should be considered our minimum military opposition. The Haytham fleet is [12 navy] strong and while the Sashaw Fleet is young, it contains several potentially powerful tools which put it between [3-6 navy]. Some of the fleet is equipped with our latest designs but with so many orders coming in from other houses our factories were stretched thin. Regardless, barring a hidden fleet of epic proportions the Peoples Navy is outnumbered."
    Farid leaves a heavy pause, an unspoken 'but' hanging.
    "But Berger outnumbered Voss, and Lyre outgunned Jinks. Numbers mean little when enemy agents can send ships chasing shadows and dictate the flow of battle. At Gade we had Zaqaru to counter the Sasone Agents, though honestly with the Collective's reputation for subversiveness I reckon that if fighting breaks out it would be better to go on the offensive rather than trying to chase ghosts in our own fleets."
    Farid twists his hands in a placating gesture, turning off tho holo.
    "IF fighting breaks out. If you have reason to believe peaceful solutions remain, I am happy to hear them. The current DRotP policies are not sustainable however, with the strength of the democratic economy they can build up faster than I can, and if they are allowed the western Whitewyne they will have the space to do so. Worse still, while I doubt many houses would openly ally themselves with the DRotP, the promise of coin could lure out the House of Steel. I have little in the way of plans currently on how to counter such a move, though perhaps promises of future discounts on equipment or perhaps even drawing them into our research agreement and alliance could be discussed. I also reached out to Tartarus in hope of receiving council on the Republic, but I have yet to hear back.”
    Farid took a moment to gauge Izabella’s reaction at the mention of Tartarus, as the house was somewhat controversial.
    “Regardless, that is my current thoughts on the matter. The strategy could use discussing further, are you still interested in alliance?”

Public Announcement:
    I, Duke Farid Saquar dub Earl Severin of the Algiers System Count of Algiers. I do this by my name and lordship of the Eastern Whitewyne, and pray with heart and soul that his and his family’s reign is just and long. Let the Whitewyne Sector rejoice for this historic day.

3. - Top - End - #153
    Ogre in the Playground

Zaqaru

“Welcome back to the Zaqaru commentary of the Sashaw Races. I’m Quda Vynay, Earl of Natho Sina, your presentator!” With excitement, the smooth voice older lady refers back to the results of the Shashaw Races. “It’s been a blast to watch the races. I will leave the Tatooine Run for last, for obvious reasons. Looking at the wheel, wing and space races we’ve seen remarkable feats. From the independent racers claiming victory, to House Ytterbus unexpectedly taking the lead in the track wing race.”

“Both wheel races saw a remarkable similarly in outcome, as the same lineup presented itself at the end. The engineers and the racers of the competitors seem equally competent in either rough or track. Most surprisingly this was the case for both the minor noble Kalan Omerth in the rough race and the other noble in the track race.”

“Kalan Omerth’s move was clever, stripping down to a buggy to bypass Pasha Juia and Sir Barlow. I imagine Sir Barlow is still upset as his vehicle spun out of control, ending up last in the end. Meanwhile Sili Zaqaru obtained third place, followed by the Luck Xaqaer representing Tatarus and the cyborg without a name from Ytterbus.”

“The track wheel race was also won by a minor noble, though looking at the performance it seemed less that this was because of a clever ruse, but more so the folly of the other competitors. Danica Kennels representing House Greenflame and the torpedo driven ride of House Ytterbus were off to a great start. Unfortunately the torpedoes held too much power and in the chaos the minor noble was able to cover more ground, leaving Danica Kennels behind. Earl Saba Zaqaru made a beautiful and stylish pass to follow in House Greenflame’s racer’s wake. Fidora Xaqaer tried to follow, but House Ytterbus managed to recover and make it to the end leaving the representative of Tatarus behind and last.”

“The rough wing race saw incredible stunts through ravines, storms and even a thunderstorm. I still don’t know how the racers survived, but it was obvious House Greenflame could exploit the familiarity with the planet in this race, claiming a resounding victory. In second place is another minor noble, who had managed to follow in Maan Geffi’s wake during the thunderstorm. Yahaan Zaqaru was brilliant in the ravine passes, with some of the best piloting I have seen in ages, but it seems the thunderstorm did not do well on the modifications he made to the vessel to keep up. The Miasma Butterfly, or Dembe Bonaso representing Tatarus, while a beauty to behold, could not keep up to get a podium stage, only leaving Ytterbus behind.”

“House Ytterbus took revenge in the track wing race, putting technological marvel into action and claiming a victory even above the racer of House Greenflame who claimed second place. Tatarus’ Hethra Lane managed to surpass Sidur Zaqaru, whose lack of inexperience could not make enough use of the vehicle’s speed to regain the position from the floating, well, I don’t even know what to properly call it! Another minor noble participated here, but was lacking at a final place.”

“The spaceship race saw six contestants again. House Greenflame could once again make use of familiarity with the home race, claiming victory before the technologically advanced spaceship of House Ytterbus. Earl Ayabit Zaqaru took the third place for Zaqaru, her experience allowing to leave the innovation of Jaqlin Veer’s prototype behind. The Duchy of Lyrae’s representative, Knight Bachelor Nathael, unfortunately proved to not modify the spaceship enough for racing and was still flying a warship too much, ending up 5th. The Svelto of Starosta stylishly ended last, preferring to give its occupants the most refined and comfortable landing of all participants over a better place.”

“Varied races, with engineering marvels! I enjoyed it and I hope you did too!”

Enigma 7

Spoiler: House Greenflame
    Show
    Dear Duke Farid Saquar Greenflame,

Very understandable. Should interest and budget arise in the years to come, please contact me.

Yours sincerely,
    Grand Administrator Earl Yaadus Emit

Spoiler: House Gilkara
    Show
    Dear Duke Torbin Gilkara,

Allow me to extend a warm welcome to you as new ruler of Filo and leader of House Gilkara. It is my hope you are well adapting to your new role and Filo may prosper in the time to come.

Thank you for the congratulations. Your message brings back memories. The ball was a decade ago and I can well remember my search for a suitable partner. I am happy to have Saundri Arnos at my side now I have taken over as ruler of Zaqaru after my father. I wish you the best of luck in your search for a partner and likewise for your newfound rulership over the many people in your nation.

Rest assured that I will be forgiving to any civilians that come under my care in the time to come, for the conflict with Sansone is to create a better future for them. I wish for the people in the Duchy of Birqu to no longer be ruled by a man who seeks to bring instability to the sector by sparking conflict and disrupting the warp gates.

I would also like to bring you in contact with my Grand Administrator, who has a business proposal for you. Good luck to you and should you seek advice in this new political arena you have found yourself in, I would be happy to help.

Yours sincerely,
    Duke Nabuna Zaqaru

Congratulations on acquisition of your noble title of Duke!

I look forward to any trade opportunities between Filo and Zaqaru. Therefore, it is with great pleasure I present to you of the current equipment Zaqaru has available for sale. Both fleet and agency equipment are for sale, with a delivery time of five years.

Alternative methods of payment are discussable. Should you be interested, I will be happy to take any orders or answer any questions you may have. If you have interest in other trade agreements, I would be happy to discuss them so I can look into making them available in future years.

I wish you good luck in your endeavours and hope to be of service.

Yours sincerely,
    Grand Administrator Earl Yaadus Emit

Fleet Equipment

Orca Bomber
    Price: 1 Trade (upfront payment) for 3 shipments.

The Orca Bomber is an improved version of the Zaqaru bomber. The chassis is of a familiar and trusted design, with the necessary upgrades. The armaments are of Greenflame design, an array of nuclear missiles to inflect even greater damage against heavily armoured targets.

Each shipment contains 5 squadrons of fighter craft. With each squadron composed of 5 fighters, this makes for a grand total of 75 bombers at your disposal. They are available in the colour scheme of your choice, to fit with the rest of your fleet and be ready to target any enemy.

Spoiler: Zaqaru Bomber
    Show

Bomber

The heavy hitters of the Zaqaruan fighters, bombers have two launchers firing heavy plasma bombs that are capable of dealing heavy damage to large and thick armored enemies. Excellent at hitting spaceships from frigate class and bigger, such as capital ships, they are capable of destroying targets much larger than they are. The bombers fly in squadrons of five and have a length of 23 meters.

Bombers are fast and maneuverable like any fighter. While their heavy armament makes them compare less favourable to other fighters, to any slow capital ship they can exploit any blind spot in their turret arcs. From the right angle, they can also use their speed and manoeuvrability to outrun and dodge such fire and move to another favourable position to launch another salvo. Bombers function best when escorted by other fighters, who draw away fire to let the bombers launch their assault.

Fire Control Module
    Price: 1 Trade (upfront payment) for 2 Shipments, 2 Trade (1 upfront, 1 on delivery) for 5 Shipments.

The Fire Control Module ensures improved battle operations by synchronising fire and enhancing tactical control for a Fleet. It is a large module to be installed on a sizeable vessel, such as a flagship or logistics ship. It can fit from a frigate and upwards, though at heavy cost to other systems. Most suitable would be a Carrier or Destroyer and up.

The Fire Control Module is dedicated to oversight and control over an action radius, increasing efficiency within range. Advanced computers track targets and allies, enabling commanders a better overview of the battle and coupling with other ship systems to coordinate assaults more effectively. Besides giving the ability to better coordin lead combat, the systems are also designed to synchronise targets and allowing devastating barrages of weapons fire, increasing damage dealt to enemies.

Agency Equipment

Hacking Hardware
    Price: 1 Trade (upfront payment) for 2 Shipments, 2 Trade (1 upfront, 1 on delivery) for 5 Shipments.

Designed with Zaqaru expertise in cryptography and the digital realm, Hacking Hardware was developed to assist your agents in the same field. Specialized devices and hardware operate in the digital and electronic battlefield.

Each shipment contains personal devices with specialized hardware and three squadrons of scout spaceships (link to description and images) in the colour of your choice. The scouts have antenna equipped with all kinds of hacking hardware, such as sensors, computers and communication interceptors. This allows agents to more effectively work in their area of expertise, from disabling enemies, infiltrating hostile territory, listening in to foreign communications, to being tasked to advance cypher or enigma.

Spoiler: Zaqaru Scout
    Show

Scout

The fastest manned spaceship of the Zaqaru fleets, the Scout is a fighter which serves as reconnaissance in the battlefield, keeping a close eye on enemy numbers. Flying in squadrons of three to ensure there is always backup available, even deep beyond enemy lines, it also provides a higher chance of getting sensitive intelligence back to the fleets. The smallest spaceship in the Zaqaru fleet, at a length of 11 meters.

The Scouts are equipped with a wide array of sensor equipment and little can escape their attention unnoticed. The design of the fighter originates from an original to move through asteroid belts and scan for resources, with its speed and manoeuvrability serving it well in the dangerous environment. A common tactic of the scouts remains to use asteroids for cover to gain their intelligence, as they can move through dense debris with ease where larger spaceships find themselves hampered or blocked.

The scout design is not only used on the battlefield as there are reports that Zaqaru agents use the spaceships as well to quickly reach their destination or to pick up signals. Another role they fill is that of patrol spaceship. Focused on sensors, Scouts are equipped with only a small projectile weapon, unfit for extended battle. It relies on its speed and manoeuvrability to evade enemy fire and escape from the battle.[/size]

Sensors Array

Information regarding the enemy is what will prove vital in any operation. Zaqaru provides advanced sensors to meet this need. Specialized sensors arrays to be incorporated in large vessels, such as Carriers and Cruisers, as well as the latest sensors installed in dedicated sensor probes.

This allows highly effective intelligence gathering, so that messages or sensitive information may be earlier uncovered. The information provides a significant advantage in the battlefield, as by being aware of the enemy before they are aware of you, disabling them is even easier. The equipment readily synergises with hacking Hardware.

Image from: https://pt.dreamstime.com/ilustra%C3...-image64902513
    Last edited by Zweanslord; 2019-05-27 at 08:02 AM. Reason: typo

4. - Top - End - #154

RogueGuy

House Gilkara

"Your cousin has bested you again." The man's voice was soft, but it felt like a barking to Torbin's ears. "That's three in a row. Good news, we can stop this scenario."

He could feel the woman's presence behind him before her soft hand gently fell on his shoulder. "Don't feel too discouraged my liege, she has only lost the most difficult of maneuvers. It seems her time studying psychology allowed her squadron to mind game yours." They all spoke that way, never exactly your fault when you failed, but always your brilliance in a success.

The words helped. His social partner from a week ago seemed to be besting him in most things. Why had they placed him in charge? Was it up for change?

"Duke Torbin?" The man raised his eyebrows and Torbin waved his arm to show his attention. "We have economic matters to go over. Our colony sites need directions."

"Good moves cousin. Perhaps you shall be leading our forces." Torbin's right hand raised before him in salute while his other reached out and disconnected their connection. He didn't wait for his advisors to pressure him before he stood up. Two minutes of me time.

Show
    "Duke Farid,
    We are very interested in exploring with your scientists. We still have a few projects in motion. I have been advised that our future projects should very much align.

We are interested in purchasing some of your ships in future budgets.

Until then,

Torbin Gilkara”

Spoiler: Zaqaru: Enigma 5
    Show
    "Duke Nabuna

I have been advised that we are interested in the sensory array that you mentioned. We also worry about the warp gate malfunctions that took place in your area. Perhaps an arrangement could be made.

We are willing to divert a pair of our research and development teams to help if the repairs are still underway.

We would be willing to send this team (2 scientists) for a pair of sensor arrays and a pair of hacking equipment.

Torbin Gilkara"
    Last edited by LimSindull; 2019-05-29 at 06:32 PM.
    Bastilonis

5. - Top - End - #155
    Troll in the Playground

Zaqaru Dynasty
    Spoiler: The Shadda Cabal to the Zaqaru Dynasty [Enigma: Abstract Symbol]
    Show

If we had found what we sought. We would not travel again.

Spoiler: House Mertens to the Zaqaru Dynasty [Enigma 6]
    Show
    Grand Administrator Earl Yaadus Emit,

Then you need to review you archives again. Pirates have always been with us. Sometimes they are merely a pest to be dealt with, and others they are a more serious threat. With the lockdown of the Imperial fleets I expect that they will soon be the latter.

Sincerely
    Grand Minister Halmond Abelard

Spoiler: House Sansone to the Zaqaru Dynasty [Enigma 5]
    Show
    Duke Nabuna Zaqaru,

We are willing to pay reparations for the damage done by the destabilized warp gate and give up our claim on the Gade system. We will sign a non aggression pact with you going forward. Abd finally we will create a new House Birqu to split our current holdings if you pay reparations to that House for the damage your raiders did to the Birqu systems in the first war.

Duke Stephano Sansone

House Greenflame
    Spoiler: House Mertens to House Greenflame [Enigma 6]
    Show
    Duke Saquar,

It is my view that the Laramy siblings will grow tired of squandering the lives of their followers to no effect and begin to seek out other paths to power over each other. The Emperor's final testament is one path they will no doubt take, but if they were the type to be able to bring stability to the Imperium we would not be in this situation right now.

Spoiler: House Vastadd to House Greenflame [PM]
    Show

Izabella considers and finally says, "Certainly it all seems sound on the surface. No doubt our two houses could easily deal with the collective barring any secret super weapon surprises. My concern is the Infinite Republic. This is exactly the type of situation they like to meddle in. And if it means keeping a democratic outpost in Imperial territory they may even resort to outright intervention."

Spoiler: Tatooine Run
    Show
    1. Zaqaru Dynasty
    2. Tatarus
    3. House Greenflame
    (1d3)[1]
    (1d2)[2]

6. - Top - End - #156

The Exiles' Consortium

Just as Emporers live and die, as galaxies swirl and shift, as people move and live, things change. Something as momentous as the death of an Emporer sends ripples throughout the worlds of the Imperium, changing the people, the nobles, the Houses. Some rise higher than ever before, and some, such as House Xinclair, fall into obscurity. It remains to be seen how this change will send further ripples...

Spoiler: Open Broadcast
    Show
    Even as outcasts, the Exiles' Consortium is greatly saddened by the death of our most benevolent Emporer, but we are eager to help bring stability back to the Imperium. With House Xinclair's noble abdication of it's systems to our people, it has been decided that the we of the Exiles' Consortium will make our services available to the rest of the Empire, in the hopes that we can help play some small part in restoring the Empire back to an era of peace and prosperity.
    Many thanks to Derjuin for my awesome alhoon avatar!

7. - Top - End - #157
    Ogre in the Playground

Robot Unicorn Princess Ninu Zaqaru
    WINS
    The Tatooine Run!

Always, I wanna be with you
    And make believe with you
    And live in harmony, harmony, oh love

“Riding the rainbow on her beautiful robot unicorn through the mountains, jumping with grace and bravery from cliffs and over ravines, dashing through rocks and obstacles, Ninu Zaqaru overcame every challenge on the Tatooine Run, finishing first!”

“A radiant example to all, Ninu Zaqaru gave a wonderful performance the day after winning the Tatooine Run and tickets for her tour through the Empire is already fully booked for the coming months! A star whose fame is shining amidst us all, one of the most popular celebrities of our time! Let’s hear it for our winner, Ninu Zaqaru!”

Robot Unicorn Princess Ninu Zaqaru’s victory in the Tatooine Run saw her popularity expand beyond the Zaqaru borders, inspiring a whole brand around her. Toys, games, songs, fanart, tours, all kinds of derivatives, you name it. Combining charisma with victory, she shows a smile to every fan!

Enigma 7

Spoiler: House Gilakra
    Show

I offer you my gratitude for the offer, it's commendable you offer aid for the stability of the warp gates.

The warp gates are currently fully functional again, thanks to the efforts of the Duchy of Lyrae. Thus, further aid will not be necessary.

However, if you wish to see if information may yet be gleaned, I am more than willing to provide access for your scientists to investigate if you share the outcome of the investigation. I do not know what this research will yield with the warp gates stable again. (OOC: This is nothing really tangible, just offering an opportunity to give a good reason to study warp gates.)

I could still make use of your scientists for other purposes if you are still interested in the trade.

Yours sincerely,
    Duke Nabuna Zaqaru

Spoiler: Shadda Cabal
    Show
    Dear Shadda Cabal,

May I then ask what you seek amidst the stars? Should I come across it, I may be able to inform you.

Yours sincerely,
    Duke Nabuna Zaqaru

Spoiler: House Mertens
    Show
    Dear Grand Minister Halmond Abelard,

You are correct, apologies for my response without nuance. I have looked at the archives and pirates were certainly more common in the past. It’s just that in the recent decades they have been, as you say, more pests instead of noteworthy. If you receive word of such threats, would you be so kind to inform me? In return, I will inform you likewise.

Yours sincerely,
    Grand Administrator Yaadus Emit

Spoiler: House Sansone
    Show
    Dear Duke Stephano Sansone,

The offer presented has my interest. Let us discuss concrete terms.

Concede defeat in this war and I will use the gained [50] prestige to assist in the creation of the duchy title. I demand a say in the selection of the appropriate noble to be granted the title Duke of Birqu. Present earls from Birqu and why they would make appropriate candidates.

To repair the warp gates, I have paid in value of [7 Trade] and lost a trading partner. For the trade I am willing to accept reparations in equal value of any combination of trade or research. Regarding the trading partner, I wish for House Sansone to make a purchase from what Zaqaru offers each five years, for the time this war has lasted, a decade, starting when House Birqu is set up (OOC: Turn 4 and Turn 5).

For the Zaqaruan actions in the Birqu star cluster I am willing to offer in value what was gained, [3.5 Trade], to House Birqu when it has set up (OOC: That trade would thus be available to them at the start of Turn 4).

The non-aggression pact between our noble families will last 20 years with a prestige investment of your choice, no less than [10]. Should you wish to have a longer non-aggression pact, I would ordinarily look to a marriage contract between our families, but no doubt you understand why I am reluctant to offer that. Alternatively, you make an offer or House Sansone promises to return as Zaqaruan vassal when Zaqaru once more obtains the title of King.

Yours sincerely,
    Duke Nabuna Zaqaru

Referencing Robot Unicorn Attack: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robot_Unicorn_Attack
    Game link: https://unicorn.jocke.no/
    Music: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CC_Y4zOUdcI
    Female: https://www.zerochan.net/151384
    Unicorn: https://www.deviantart.com/zalay/art...tack-157867635
    Unicorn racing: https://www.deviantart.com/gokulover...tamp-157908421
    Last edited by Zweanslord; 2019-08-23 at 02:34 PM. Reason: Added link to music on the running unicorn picture. Other image host.

8. - Top - End - #158

PaladinGuy

House Greenflame

Enigma 4

House Mertens
    Spoiler
    Show
    Well, I suppose it's better than twenty years of civil war in the Imperial Core. Especially with the instability sapping the fringe systems. I'm hoping to curb the expansion of the DRotP in the coming years. I worry that if they continue to press successfully they may draw support from The Infinite Republic and other forces outside the Empire. Yours is a House of far reaching business dealings and surely have had at least passing dealings with them, do you think the Infinite Republic would entertain such a bold motion?

House Vastadd (Court PM)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Farid steeples his fingers, taking a pensive sigh.
    "Perhaps all the more reason to approach the house of steel. I will set some time aside to scan the archives for information on the Infinite Republic, but from what I recall offhand, their intervention could tip the scales considerably. Perhaps the time to strike has not actually arrived."
    Farid paused, choosing his next words carefully.
    "I do have another idea, though I have not put it to the council of my advisors as yet. Perhaps you could tell me whether it is madness or just mad enough. The DRotP brought low nobles from earls to dukes in their rise to power, and with regards to stability of the empire I can think of few events more damaging in the past fifty years save for the death of the Emperor himself. And with the Emperor's recent, posthumous announcement…"
    Farid leaned forward in his seat.
    "Perhaps we could call a crusade. A war of reclamation almost. It may well give us the punching power to ignore the Infinite Republic. Issues being that there is none in the throne we could petition, and the question of what is done with any conquered territory becomes more complex."
    Farid chuckled briefly, leaning back again.
    "I suppose this all relies on our cooperation and what is it your house might wish to gain from all of this Duchess Izabella. Pray tell, where might your ambitions lie for this alliance? And should it come to war with the Democratic Republic of the People, what might house Vastadd look to gain from a Victory? Also, with your blessing I should like to contact the house of steel and bring them into these negotiations, or at least inquire their interest."

9. - Top - End - #159
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler: The Shadda Cabal to the Zaqaru Dynasty [Enigma: Stars in the Night]
    Show
    We seek the Light of Alu. The way to the effervescent Citadel. The Journey of a Thousand Voices.

Spoiler: House Mertens to the Zaqaru Dynasty [Enigma]
    Show
    Grand Administrator Yaadus Emit,

I will certainly inform you, but I fear you are far more likely to find out about pirates firsthand.

Sincerely,
    Grand Minister Halmond Abelard

Show
    Duke Nabuna Zaqaru,

1. We will not concede defeat. We will agree to a white peace. We will pay the cost for House Birqu in full. I have selected three candidates from my court to be appointed as Duke Birqu. My youngest son, Giovanni Sansone, who is an able admiral and warrior. Count Menard Lacross, my science advisor and lord of the outer gates. And finally Countess Katherine Openstein the commander of the Birqu Marche.

2. Before any war reperation values are calculated we would cross verify what amounts were lost. We are willing to open the records of the Birqu territories if you reciprocate with your trade ledgers. We are tentatively willing to agree to a trade deal for ten years.

3. We are willing to agree to a 20 year non aggression pact. We will invest [2 prestige] now. [18 prestige] in five years. And [10 prestige] in each half decade afterwards.

Duke Stephano Sansone

Spoiler: House Mertens to House Greenflame [Enigma 6]
    Show
    No doubt their agents are already supporting the DRotP. How else can it have survived for so long in the Imperium. I would expect them to offer subtle funding in the event of war, but only to directly intervene if they felt the DRotP was both in danger of collapse and the Imperium as a whole unlikely to intervene.

Spoiler: House Vastadd to House Greenflame [PM]
    Show
    "Certainly I would desire the portions of the collective territory closest to my own. Perhaps with a buffer house in their outermost cluster to ward off the Infinite Republic."

She taps on her holocom examining figure, "You can certainly contact the House of Steel. Though I fear they will not be cheap. And as for a crusade," She pauses, "Well a crusade would be impossible against the collective alone. Our peers are too complacent and the collective has existed for too long for them to consider it an existential threat."

"You would have to spark their hunger for glory and conquest. And for that you would need a bigger prize. We would need to target the Infinite Republic itself. No small feat, but the Imperium has not seriously attempted to conquer them for four centuries, three if you count the Dardale war. It would certainly be a feat, but perhaps possible if we could rally enough support."

"And even if we fail in the grand crusade we will certainly be able to sweep up the collective on the way through."

10. - Top - End - #160

RogueGuy

House Gilkara

"Duke Torbin?" The words drew him back into his tired bones. Weeks into his new schedule, and still, he found himself tired in the last hours of the day.

"Yes?" His words no longer reflected his tired disposition. He looked up in time to see the docking station rise to meet the ships landing devices. Water surrounded everything out here.

Torbin's knees pushed him up and he slapped the control to open the exit door. He was out and into the stormy weather before the ship had shut down.

"Duke, we don't have to rush!" The woman was having trouble keeping her poncho with the pace she was moving.

At the door to the small building, the rain was stopped by the metal overhang. "We don't really have to be here at all, do we?" Another cousin was asking for a lot of resources for this backwater depot. One of Torbin's duties was to inspect all requests. The better he learned to perform his job, the less he knew what it was he was doing.

The door opened quietly during their discussion. Three men and four women greeted him. The men and three of the women wore plain white chemical suits, the other women, another cousin dressed more similar to him. "Welcome!" They yelled in unison.

His cousin looked up from her tablet and smiled and slow, genuine smile. "You look good Torbin."

His hand reached back to stop his advisor before she scorned his cousin for the lack of a title in her address. He returned the smile, his vision narrowed as his eyes squinted. "Thank you, cousin. I'm interested to see what the University thinks is so important."

Her smile faded, but her face remained gentle and it turned back down to her holopad. "Certainly, we have much to discuss. Welcome to…"

Spoiler: Earl Domingo (-4,3): Enigma 5
    Show
    "Earl Duri Domingo,

I reach out to you in these troubling times. With war tearing apart the inner of the Empire, I extend protection to you and any counts underneath you. Feel free to reach out to the Gilkara family with your concerns.

Peace to you Earl Domingo,

Torbin Gilkara."

Spoiler: Excagon Family: Enigma 5
    Show
    "Grandmother Lehel,

Greetings, I, Torbin Gilkara, wish you pleasant times. Our houses are close in proximity and I hope that we can grow closer as well. In these turbulent times, we must look to bring stability where we can.

Our ear is open to your Noble house,

Torbin Gilkara."
    Last edited by LimSindull; 2019-05-29 at 10:36 AM.
    Bastilonis

11. - Top - End - #161
    Ogre in the Playground

Zaqaru

Rectification from the Grand Administrator. The warp gate between Champseau and Gade is at Risk Category 1 instead of Risk Category 0.

Enigma 7

Show
    Dear Shadda Cabal,

I have to admit I have not heard of the Light of Alu, the effervescent Citadel or the Journey of a Thousand Voices. Could you tell me more about those?

Yours sincerely,
    Duke Nabuna Zaqaru

Show

I will oblige with your preference for white peace and full cost over defeat and half cost.

Considering your presented candidates for Duke of Birqu, I have to ask why do you think I would find your son Giovanni an acceptable candidate?
    Tell me more about Count Menard Lacross and his title as Lord of the Outer Gates. Is that referring to the titles at the borders of the Empire? Does that mean he is Count of Ramaga (OOC: system 15, -5)?
    I would also like to know in which system of Birqu it is that Countess Katherine Openstein rules her colony.

Regarding your request of cross verification, I'm averse to share more than the following trade details of a customer without their permission. I feel I'm already skirting the line. It should be obvious that we're dealing with repairing two damaged warp gates. I also announced the repairs so far took the effort of the Duchy of Lyrae scientists, who are specialised in dealing with warp gates. Even you can guess that given the effort put in to disrupt the warp gates, it took them their full research capacity, which matches, or at least matched, your capacity. Zaqaru made an offer with a value of [7 Trade] and the mentioned trade partner loss.

My Grand Administrator recently informed me the warp gate between Champseau and Gade is still at Risk Category 1, so those repairs still need to be made to reduce it to Risk Category 0. I know you're willing to make repairs, but Zaqaru intelligence indicates you wanted access to the warp gates for information on emissions to advance your studies in the past, which makes me wary, to say the least.

I suspect the effort will take [2 Universities]. I'd prefer to use their effort elsewhere and arrange another faction for the repairs, unless you make a solid argument on how giving access would benefit Zaqaru.

With regards to the records of the Birqu territories, I wish to know to what extent of information you are exactly offering. We both know Zaqaru managed to disrupt seven colonies for several years, for which I'm offering to the future House Birqu what Zaqaru gained. I do not see what further records would add to the verification, unless you find the offer insufficient. Feel free to share the information to back up a higher claim, or make a negotiation offer.

I previously offered my terms for reparations, to which I add [2 Universities]. I now wish to know your offer.

The non-aggression pact proposition looks good.

Yours sincerely,
    Duke Nabuna Zaqaru
    Last edited by Zweanslord; 2019-05-29 at 08:08 AM.

12. - Top - End - #162

PaladinGuy

House Greenflame

Enigma 4

Arda Saquar checked his charts again, frustrated that he could not test his theories. Before him, the sprawling yard of the Fletcher's Garden Space Elevator bustled with moving vehicles and freight trains. All around, military hardware and supply was being shunted up to space in a steady stream, the missile compliment for the Clash of Wills alone was enough to occupy half a dozen runway trucks, enough explosive power to turn the province of Quirion into a smoking crater.

With the sheer industrial base required to maintain the Haytham fleet there wasn't much left in the budget for Planets like Fletcher's Garden. Though whoever named the planet was perhaps over selling its lushness, the planet still boasted millions of hectares of land suitable for cultivation and settlement, and the atmosphere, while low on oxygen, was still breathable so long as you did not climb any mountains. But to maintain the fleets the cities were centered around foundry districts and military labs, rather than universities and gardens.

Arda thought with some bitterness at how this need reflected into the culture of the Greenflame Worlds, especially for the lower classes. While the lesser noble families sworn to house Saquar and its tributaries could afford to put their children through SamU or Bellephron, most citizens of the rim had only one good option for higher education: military scholarship. The system meant that the Greenflame Worlds had a comfortable middle class of veterans, but after generations of families going to war, militarism had seeped into the culture.

Arda looked back to his charts, nearly forty years out of date. The fruits of the Voyage of the Shaitan, one of the first voyages through a natural wormhole, and the first scientific voyage that Farid had ever captained, cut tragically short by the unexpected death of Viah Saquar. They were forced to return, Farid ascending to the throne of the Grand Marquis, and Arda returning to Bellephron Military Academy to finish his studies. Though they both vowed to one day finish the expedition, with the throes of Dukedom, peace talks, and the death of the Emperor they had been unable to return.

Players

House Gilkara
    Spoiler
    Show
    Lord Torbin,

I think I may have ended my message in some haste, when perhaps I could have invited you into a research agreement I am hoping to create for the next few years, and potentially greater trade relations after that. We will be studying commerce archives in detail, and using the knowledge to grow our economies together. If you are interested please attend us at Lady Izabella Vastadd’s Capital.

Duke Farid Saquar,

NPCs

House Mertens
    Spoiler
    Show
    Lord Mertens,
    Indeed i fear you are right. Well thank you for speaking with my house, our correspondence has been enlightening and a pleasure. I will set about preparing the archives for study.

House Vastadd
    Spoiler: Court PM
    Show
    “Hmm, perhaps rather too mad a plan, at least for now. I believe we should begin by curtailing their expansion, offering guarantees to the earl of (-08, 01) in exchange for fealty to you, and perhaps to the Earls of (-07, 01) and (-07, 02) as well if your administrators can handle the load, and announcing our alliance publically. That contains them for now and puts little pressure on the Infinite Republic to intervene until we can either find more allies or sever the ties between the republics.”
    Farid nods in satisfaction, pausing to see if Izabella agrees before continuing further.

“With regards to our research agreement and trade relations one of my advisors has an alternate idea, that could lead to much greater gain in the long term, and potentially secure much stability for our alliance. I’ll of course contact the house of steel, but why stop there? If we bring in one or two more and research separately at first, and gradually intertwine our research more an more, we could be looking at a hundred years of research completed in twenty-five, and for a fraction of the cost. Effectively we each research a separate topic first, then teach that to another member, then both teach to a third, all the while receiving tutoring from other members, efficiently passing in a circle…”
    Farid smiles with a hint of greed.
    “Diminishing costs with steady returns, I feel we are researching commerce already. In twenty years, with five members… I think you see where I am going with this. House of Steel, the new Gilkara, Tehrani, and perhaps Startosa? That is who I will ask now, please let me know if you have further suggestions.”

House of Steel
    Spoiler
    Show
    Greetings Warrior House,
    After our dealings a few years ago it struck me that more cooperation between our houses could be beneficial. I am looking to create a research agreement for the next few years. We will be studying commerce in depth and translating that knowledge into more profits between our houses. Would you be interested in participating? Given the recent tensions in Whitewyne, and considering our past dealings, we may also be interested in hiring your services in the coming years. If you are interested please attend us at Lady Izabella Vastadd’s Capital in Whitewyne.

Duke Farid Saquar

House Tehrani
    Spoiler
    Show
    Grand Chaplain,
    I pray this message finds you in good health, it has been many years since we have last met. I know that your house has always been wise to the sciences and I think you might find interest in a research agreement myself and Lady Izabella Vastadd are building. We are looking to study commerce archives in depth over the next few years and using the knowledge gained to increase trade and resources between our houses.

If you are interested please attend our meeting at Lady Izabella Vastadd’s capital in Whitewyne.

Duke Farid Saquar

House Startosa
    Spoiler
    Show
    [Lord/Lady] Startosa
    Thank you for attending the Sashaw, it is always a pleasure to see your ships in action. Given that your house is famous for its prototypes and commodities, I think you may be interested in a research agreement I am building with Lady Izabella Vastadd and perhaps a few others. We are looking to study commerce archives in depth and use the knowledge gained to increase trade and profit between our houses. If you are interested please attend our meeting at Lady Izabella Vastadd’s Capital in Whitewyne.

Duke Farid Saquar
    Last edited by A_Dinosaur; 2019-05-29 at 02:11 PM.

13. - Top - End - #163

Exiles' Consortium

Enigma 5
    Spoiler: House of Steel
    Show
    Greetings.

The Exiles' Consortium is happy to boast that it has the House of Steel as neighbors. We look forward to fostering a mutually beneficial relationship. To that end, your ships are free to travel through Exile systems. Furthermore, we are also curious if the House of Steel has need of anything, and of course, what sorts of services the House of Steel might offer.

Your friend,
    -O

Spoiler: Tatarus
    Show
    Greetings.

The Exiles' Consortium is greatly pleased that it is a neighbor of Tatarus. We hope to foster a mutually beneficial relationship with you, especially given that we both lack any sort of title. Your ships are more than welcome in Exile space. We are also curious if the people of Tatarus have need of anything, particularly in matters of trade or information. The Consortium would be more than happy to help in these matters.

Your friend,
    -O

Spoiler: Democratic Collective of People
    Show
    Greetings.

The Exiles' Consortium is open for business. If the Collective has need of anything, the Exiles would be more than happy to assist, especially for another titleless faction.

Your friend,
    -O

Show
    Greetings.

The Exiles' Consortium is open for business. If House Greenflame has need of anything, the Consortium would be more than happy to assist, especially for such a distinguished faction.

Your friend,
    -O

Spoiler: House Vastadd
    Show
    Greetings.

The Exiles' Consortium is open for business. If House Vastadd has need of anything, the Consortium would be more than happy to assist and expand our mutual trade horizons.

Your friend,
    -O

Show
    Greetings.

The Exiles' Consortium is open for business. If House Mertens has need of anything, the Exiles would be more than happy to assist our Imperial neighbors.

Your friend,
    -O

Spoiler: House Starosta
    Show
    Greetings.

The Exiles are more than happy to share a border with House Starosta, and we hope to foster a friendly and mutually beneficial relationship. To that end, Starosta ships are welcome in Exile space.
    Please, do not hesitate to ask if your great house has need of anything at all.

Your friend,
    -O

Show
    Greetings.

The Exiles' Consortium is open for business. If House Gilkara has need of anything, the Exiles would be more than happy to assist, especially for a family in Imperial space.

Your friend,
    -O
    Last edited by Psilulz; 2019-05-29 at 02:38 PM.

14. - Top - End - #164

RogueGuy

House Gilkara

Torbin picked the message up and read it for the fifth time. "Either way, we wouldn't be doing it alone."

Belbryn looked up from her holopad and her confusion twisted onto her face. "Of course not. It's not even in their territory. A shame, I'd love to see the Greenflame Academies. I'll get a council to watch over while I'm gone."

Torbin's eyes shut and he looked away. He hated to destroy her excitement. "No."

"What?" Her voice trembled.

"There is too much to do here. We might shift direction, but there is too much going on for you to be absent." He turned his face back to hers.

He didn't get to ponder her reaction long as she lashed out with calm, collected words. "There is no reason that the council couldn't run this. You have other ideas, don't you? You are just being greedy." Her eyes again went towards her holopad. "You better think twice if you're just pining after Dutchess Izabela."

Belbryn turned and walked out of her office; Torbin read the other message. "Either way, we wouldn't be doing it alone."

Show
    "Duke Farid,
    A research agreement would be beneficial to our country. We are grateful that you looked to us in this arrangement. Perhaps we could discuss your ships as well. I look forward to our discussions in person.

Torbin Gilkara”

Spoiler: Vastadd: Enigma 5
    Show
    "Dutchess Izabela Vastadd, I have received a message from house Greenflame that a research council will be held on your home world. Please confirm that this is true, and that we are welcome by you to come. It will be a pleasure to meet you.

Torbin Gilkara"

The command room onboard The Fallacy

Anoa walked through the sliding doors. Two advisors followed her, and they were all in turn followed by soldiers not armed but tacticians. Torbin hadn't seen her much after their first few weeks together. She was straightforward and calculating. She understood what made people tick. She was already bolstering the Navy, because Torbin had found it impossible to find a flaw in the ease and need of her request for more ships.

She winked at Torbin as she threw up her salute. He smiled and saluted back. "Glordek, put that thing down. Anoa is here."

Glordek half saluted, but kept his head over his holopad. "You called me here and I came, but I'm trying to do in ten years what it took the philosophers a hundred. So talk away, besides the advisors will be on my ass about anything important."

"Bolkas, if you please." Torbin introduced the third man at the table.

Bolkas was well dressed and fashionable. He looked like a civilian, just an everyday kind of *******. He prided himself in being someone that people hated, but couldn't find an excuse to get away from. "The big O contacted us, and some others probably. A lot of signals coming out of there lately."

Anoa grunted, "The big O." She mocked with finger quotes.

"He's referring to the Outsider." The advisor spoke up quickly. Torbin's tongue strained against the roof of his mouth as he tried not to laugh. He tuned out the next few words and kept his composure.

"The forgotten exile, they call him." Bolkas was ever complementing.

Glordek fired back, "The noble exile more like. I see he waited until the Emperor wasn't a problem to come out."

"Don't look a gift horse in glass houses." Bolkas was enjoying himself.

Torbin spoke and the others listened. "See if you can get him here. Anoa, Bolkas, see if he is interested in our plans. Glordek, make sure it's a profitable venture, for both of us if possible. The Outsider would be an enemy of reversing screws and invisible locks. I'd rather we could talk things out. Play nice with each other."

Spoiler: Exile's Consortium: Enigma 5
    Show
    "Outsider,

I am pleased to hear that you are operating. We have interest of some of your agents. Please, come speak in person.

Torbin Gilkara."
    Bastilonis

15. - Top - End - #165
    Troll in the Playground

House Gilkara
    Spoiler: Earl Domingo to House Gilkara [Enigma 3]
    Show
    Your Grace,

Fortunately my system is a peaceful one. Though I do thank you for the offer.

Earl Duri Domingo

Spoiler: House Vastadd to House Gilkara [Enigma 6]
    Show
    Duke Torbin Gilkara,

It is true and your envoys are welcome to join us in my court.

Duchess Izabella Vastadd

The Zaqaru Dynasty
    Spoiler: The Shadda Cabal to the Zaqaru Dynasty [Enigma: Loads of Codes]
    Show
    Not unless you agree to become an initiate of the Wandering Path.

Show
    Duke Nabuna Zaqaru,

My son has been taught to be leader all his life and has amply proved his skill in both commanding fleets as well managing the logistics of a colony. He would make an excellent Duke. Count Lacross is in charge of our Screaming Vortex Bastion. He has served in that post admirably and is due a just reward off of the front lines with the demons. Countess Openstein oversees her Marche from Deset.

And we know full well that you are selling your equipment at vast mark ups. We are only willing to pay what it actually cost you to repair the gate. Not what you were able to profit off of another House.

We are making a good faith offer to repair the gates just as we did in the past few years. We meant it then and we mean it now. We are willing to accept your distrust when we were actively at war, but if you refuse our offer to repair the Champseau gate then we see no need for further reparations there.

Your raids on Birqu decimated the Ironhide shipyards, the Bilka and Klain sensor stations, Countess Openstein's estates, the University of Erech, the Ramdal Institute, and the manufacturies on Ukish prime. We are willing to accept the Ironhide, Bilka, and Klain strikes as legitimate acts of war, even though you clearly were raiding blind. But the civilians in Birqu who were attacked must be compensated.

Duke Stephano Sansone

House Greenflame
    Spoiler: House Vastadd to House Greenflame [Enigma 6]
    Show

Isabella looks skeptical, "And then we have five noble houses who all have these records. And from there who knows where it would spread. The benefits for us would be greatly diminished if the techniques we develop become common knowledge throughout the Imperium"

Spoiler: House of Steel to House Greenflame [Enigma 5]
    Show
    Duke Saquar,

Although the House of Steel are merchants of a sort what we sell is our strength of arms not trade goods. We don't see much use for us in such a pact. Though we would of course be willing to discuss hiring terms. We will send an envoy to discuss such things.

Spoiler: House Tehrani to House Greenflame [Enigma 6]
    Show
    Duke Saquar,

Although we won't deny there is information to be gained through commerce our aims lie in more esoteric matters than the practicalities of commerce. We would be happy to discuss [Technology] or [Outer Expanse] research however.

Spoiler: House Starosta to House Greenflame [Enigma 4]
    Show
    Duke Saquar,

An interesting proposition. I will attend your meeting to discuss the particulars.

Duches Maldeen Starosta

Exiles' Consortium
    Spoiler: House of Steel to the Exiles' Consortium [Enigma 5]
    Show
    Why we offer the services of our fleets for all your warfare needs. In both offense and defense the Steel Armada can fulfill your agenda.

Spoiler: The Democratic Collective of the People to the Exile's Consortium [Enigma 5]
    Show

There are things we could help each other with, but they are perhaps best discussed over more secure channels.

Spoiler: House Mertens to the Exile's Consortium [Enigma 6]
    Show
    Would you be interested in a deal to establish trade hubs through your space?
    Last edited by ArcaneStomper; 2019-05-29 at 11:54 PM.

16. - Top - End - #166
    Ogre in the Playground

Zaqaru

Enigma 7

Show
    Dear Shada Cabal,

What does it mean to become an initiate of the Wandering Path?

Yours sincerely,
    Duke Nabuna Zaqaru

Show

I do not doubt your son's capabilities. Yet I do not seek to a House Sansone with two Dukes, which you know full well. You limit my choice to two by putting him forth. Present another candidate.

What metaphorical demons is Count Menard Lacross facing while in charge of the Screaming Vortex Bastion? An intimidating name for a place, but it's only a name to me, I am unfamiliar with its challenges or of it lies in Kara or Birqu star cluster. Please elaborate why he is due for his just reward. Please verify if that makes the full address Menard Lacross, Count of the Screaming Vortex Bastion.

As it is only right to know the full title of your candidates, I would like to know whether the following full address is correct: Katherine Openstein, Countess of Deset.

It is not a big secret Zaqaru has been selling equipment. Even as we hold different opinions, I will respect your opinion, where you disagree with the markups, and I will allow an offer to cover for the costs instead. Deliver 20 shipments of fleet or agency equipment from your own currents stocks or purchase them for immediate delivery from another seller.
    Instead of an agreement to make a purchase in five and ten years, to cover the lost trading partner, you may choose to deliver 2 shipments of equipment of any type.

Regarding the repair of the Champseau - Gade warp gate, I have expressed my worries regarding the good faith of your offer. Before I accept the offer, address and alleviate my concerns with regards to your interest in the emissions of the warp gate. I will not tolerate ignoring these reparations.

Given the information you divulged with regards to the damages in Birqu, I will increase compensation to match. I offer [4 Trade] in compensation to the future Duke of Birqu after installment.

Yours sincerely,
    Duke Nabuna Zaqaru
    Last edited by Zweanslord; 2019-05-30 at 03:06 PM.

17. - Top - End - #167
    Orc in the Playground

The loss of ALL the races for Tatarus had been a great blow to the grand courtesan and its said she locked herself in one of her pleasure palaces for a week leaving her advisors to manage the house in her stead. It was a rather piteous display all things considered but when she emerged she appeared back to normal.

Enigma 5

Spoiler: House of steel (1 court)
    Show
    The small transport ship landed on house of steel territory and emerging from its heart was a stunning being in black and silver robes. Half her face was covered by a mask which seemed designed perfectly to match her face. In fact it clung to it without anything appearing to hold it on and moved when she spoke. It was a beautiful little piece of technological waste. She traveled into the heart of steel to where whatever leadership was waiting and she announced herself curtseying low. "I am of the official representative of the high courtesan she sends her love and devotion to the house of steel."

She found this facility incredibly utilitarian, hard on the eyes of one who knows only beautiful things. "I will get straight to the point. We believe multiple counts are rallying together to stop us from being able to keep any sort of peace in this region of space. They look down upon us for not having royal title and since our two collectives hold more power than any other in this region of space we felt it was pertinent to look to you the foremost military power and search for your means to an end. Do you intend to do what you always have or do you want to help save an empire now cracked and ready to shatter because of the greed of two siblings both unworthy of a throne?"

Spoiler: Earl Periklis Treasach
    Show

The hologram nods. "You misunderstand I would NEVER promote some sort of actionable violence against house steel. They are beloved neighbors, and old friends. What I am saying is I know certain earls are organizing I presumed it must be due to the massive military force on their border that is house steel and I want you to know I want to keep every region safe. I doubt anyone would be stupid enough to start a war with them. I just want mutual defense should they decide they want to expand. You're correct though their military might is unquestionable and their capabilities are magnificent. I cannot blame you for being frightened."

Show
    "You got us into that gala my lord that is payment enough. We would never demand more after such kindness. Again those military blueprints will be paid for in kind the moment our shipments come in and the treasury fills with spending money once more." She said delighted.

Spoiler: House Greenflame 2
    Show
    "Honestly they are a bizarre lot, their desire to purge the empire of what makes it great is alien to me. It is an ideal I do not support and so our exchanges were basically designed for mutual self assurance nothing more. They did not want me to meddle in their affairs and they would not burn my pleasure palaces to the ground. They intend to strip us of our fineries rape our courtesans and return us to humble citizens. They have only arisen because finally no emperor sits on the throne. They are vultures trying to feast on a corpse not yet dead."

Show

The response from House Tatarus isn't exactly swift. The revelries and internal dance of pleasure and power within the hallowed halls of House Tatarus are a dangerous thing but inevitably the response comes in the form of a holodisk which contains the image of the courtesan wearing nothing but aphrodisiac paint and a smile. "Oh my most beloved duke if you wish to learn our ways we are grateful to teach. We will send out a bevy of our finest courtesans immediately. Both men and women will teach your court the will and the way of political life within our magnificent empire."

Spoiler: Exiles' Consortium
    Show

The holodeck pulls up the stunning being known as the high courtesan Mira she wears a stunning pant suit with a plunging neckline which shows off the vivacious colors of her aphrodisiac paint. "You have taken the place of the bankers have you not? I am impressed you could usurp their house. If you hold their wealth and are interested in financial exchanges I was interested in opening a casino, a floating starship casino, lavish and quick to return the investment as it were. I want it to be THE go to place in the galaxy and in fact I was hoping to get a permit to establish it in the very heart of the galaxy, perhaps dedicating an entire colonies worth of resources to its construction. Which of course meant it needed to not be in our corner of the galaxy. If you're interested in such affairs I would be happy to discuss income distribution and financial backing."
    Amazing avatar by Gengy

Empire 4- Vampiric Republic turned Vampiric Oligarchy
    Empire 5- Psychic Daddy

18. - Top - End - #168

PaladinGuy

House Greenflame

Enigma 4

The Trade and Research Agreement Meeting
    [Current Members: House Greenflame, House Vastadd, House Gilkara, House Startosa]
    Spoiler: PM
    Show
    While Farid cedes the floor for the initial welcome to the Vastadd hosts, he moves to business quickly. [OOC: Apologies to Vastadd, but hopefully we can get this tied up by EoT]
    “Thanks you both for joining us, we have gathered here to discuss a research agreement between our factions, the focus of which will be Commerce Archives.”
    Farid motions to a projection of budget requirements and and expected returns, scrolling through them with swipes of his hand.
    “Initially the plan is to devote portions of our Houses research budgets to developing separate archives, and then sharing them with the other members of the research agreement. Archives are of course, no small cost to develop, but as the years go on, we will be able to increasingly share the archives among the members, leading to less development required for similar benefits.”
    The projection stops on a projected budget map spanning twenty years.
    “The first five years will be the most costly, each member will be expected to contribute [5 university] to develop an independent archive, and each of the members will need to explicitly define what area they will be developing to avoid overlap. Afterwards, the archive sharing can begin. Simply put, each member will ‘pass left’ the archive they developed, all the while developing the archive that is passed to them by another member. I expect this to cost [4 university], and during the following five year period, with two members passing each archive [3 university], then finally [two]. This saves a total of about [6 university], though remains a large investment in time and resources.”
    Farid swaps to another screen of predicted outcomes and gains.
    “Given what is theorized about truly high levels of Commerce Archives, we will surely be able to use the information gained to trade more efficiently between our Houses, and perhaps even learn a few other key tricks which could help us with other matters. Additionally, the increased efficiency in our wider trade relations will likely generate income with little effort from our actual administrations.”
    Farid holds up a hand.
    “It is not so simple however, if these archives spread to far, the information will devalue considerably. As such I would like to both a personal stake [prestige investment] to the agreement, as well as an agreement between all members that the archives will not be shared outside this group. I should also like to add a clause that additional members may be invited with the consent of ALL members only.”
    Farid looks to lady Izabella, awaiting her approval for the clause.
    “Please, ask any questions you may have, and if you have a recommendation for the Name of this agreement, feel free to propose them. TRA is a rather boring abbreviation.”

Players

Exiles' Consortium
    Spoiler
    Show
    Sir or Madame,
    I hope you will forgive my surprise to see your message, though you honor me and my house with your compliments. I did not know the Lords Xinclair well, but it was not long before their collapse that I had inquired after a loan. Tell me, what do you hope I might ask of you? I know little of your house and history, so I find myself reading between the lines of your message from personal bias. The fault there lies with me however, I am sure there are many ways we could assist each other. What does your house seek from our potential dealings?

Duke Farid Saquar

Tartarus
    Spoiler
    Show
    High Courtesan,
    A shame, though perhaps an understandable one. In the time since our last communication a few things have changed, but your council is still much appreciated. Please feel free to call on me if you wish to speak further.

NPCs

House Tehrani
    Spoiler
    Show
    Lord Chaplain,
    A fair assessment, if our project moves to topics more relevant to your House I will reach out again. Peace be with you.

Duke Farid Saquar

House Of Steel
    Spoiler
    Show
    Very well, if you are not interested in our research dealings I of course understand, though it leaves an envoy largely unnecessary. Pray tell, do you have set prices for your naval services or is it on a case by case basis?

Duke Farid Saquar

House Vastadd
    Show
    “Hah, fair point.”
    Farid’s greedy smile becomes rather rueful, but he holds his ground.
    “Well it seems that only two others answered the call anyway. Perhaps we can discuss a clause where the archives cannot be shared outside the agreement without approval from the rest of the agreement. It seems to me like the benefits outweigh the drawbacks so long as we do not draw in too many.”
    Last edited by A_Dinosaur; 2019-05-30 at 12:44 PM.

19. - Top - End - #169

Enigma 5
    Spoiler: The Democratic Collective
    Show
    Certainly. Send an envoy and we may discuss matters further.

Spoiler: House of Steel
    Show
    Interesting. And if my agenda required... discretion, I trust that you maintain the highest levels of professional confidentiality, yes?

Show
    Indeed. I would allow up to five of my systems to hold Mertens trade hubs, though in return, I would also like to build an equal number of trade hubs in Mertens systems.

And, if you are interested in furthering this economic relationship, a commercial research agreement seems mutually advantageous, yes?

Show
    Gilkara]Curious. You seem interested in my services, and yet you request my appearance in your court. How very... noble of you.

My time is currently stretched very thin, so if this is for simple contract work, I will send an appropriate liaison in my stead. It will be safe enough to message them, as long as you can guarentee the security of your systems.
    -O

Show
    Appearing on the holodeck is a masked person, garbed in a long, heavy coat, and gloved, none of their flesh revealed. Their voice, modulated by the mask, replies.
    "Intruiging. Yes, the Xinclair family has been... integrated into the Consortium. There remains a transition period, but we should be able to provide whatever you require. Tell me more about the distribution and financing of the project.
    Although... I am willing to put the idea of a mobile casino on the table if there is proper compensation."

Show
    There is nothing to forgive, Duke; the Consortium is a fairly new presence in the Imperium, afterall. You are free to make any request of us, though we specialize in matters of commerce and information. For now, we simply seek to network, to become more familiar with the Imperium's movers and shakers. We do not work for free, of course, and units of trade, prestige, or research are always welcome.
    -O
    Last edited by Psilulz; 2019-05-30 at 04:14 PM.

20. - Top - End - #170

RogueGuy

Vastadd Capital

Torbin tapped notes into his holopad as Farid explains the details of the plan. Sierra Charlie. It looked like a good plan. This was something that would be beneficial to anyone in the agreement. That wouldn't do. He looked over his projections and scanned for something that might help him. There weren't a lot of people here, but Torbin wasn't particular to the idea of sharing. With the required diversion from University plans, he wanted to secure the most profit. He wanted to protect that profit.

Spoiler: Trade agreement PM
    Show
    Torbin waited until Farid was done and let the silence drift across the room. He spoke with a firm voice. "This is indeed an interesting strategy Duke Farid. I don't know whether it's greed or optimism that drives you, but I for one am pleased by it. Filo will prefer a more aggressive measure for this council, however. With a larger upfront investment [10 university] we believe that the overall benefit would be greater, moving the exponential curve further to the left for each group. With this kind of investment…" Torbin looks to each member before continuing. "We don't need as many people."

He tried to sound reassuring, "I would of course be willing to match any personal stake [prestige investment] and be willing to offer to buy out the other member [offering 2 trade] so they feel that they haven't wasted time." There it was, the layout.

"Now, if this is not possible, I understand. This would be a sacrifice to some of my other areas as well. And more people would displace the burden. My fear is not what happens within the next 20 years, but the next 50. Duchess Vastadd, Duke Starosta, we both share neighbors. What happens if war spreads to us and we need an ally. Our allies are each other's potential rivals as well. Please do not take my suggestions as attacks. What say you all?"

Spoiler: Exile's Consortium: Enigma 5
    Show
    "We hastily must withdraw our invitation. The Laramy civil war has come close to our borders at this time and we cannot in good conscience advise you to come. We will send an envoy to you at the earliest signs of stability. We look forward to discussing opportunities of the future.

Regretfully,
    Admiral Anoa Gilkara
    Last edited by LimSindull; 2019-05-31 at 09:41 AM.
    Bastilonis

21. - Top - End - #171

PaladinGuy

House Greenflame

Enigma 4

Trade and Research Agreement Meeting
    Show
    Farid's brow furrowed somewhat at the Gilkara proposal, but he listened politely to the end.
    "I of course cannot speak for the other members of this meeting, Lord Tobrin, but such an expenditure is rather more than I am comfortable committing to. There are border concerns here in Whitewyne, both the Freehold and the Peoples Republic represent a threat no just to my house, but to the stability of the Empire itself. My scientist must be available to keep up with the latest military designs and prototypes, it is simply my houses duty. Would perhaps instead a potential extension to the agreement be suitable?"

The Exiles Consortium
    Spoiler
    Show
    Lord Exile,
    Well consider my house networked then. In the coming years if you remain interested I will likely have some possibilities for trade between our nations, alas my current resources are largely committed for the next few years. The Peoples republic have been aggressively expanding and chopping off noble heads, and my first concern must be ensuring mine and my peers stay attached at the neck.

Also, for our future communications what might I name you as sir? I’m afraid I’m slightly old fashion and simple ‘O’ sends my editor into a frothing fit of frustration.

Duke Farid Saquar
    Last edited by A_Dinosaur; 2019-05-31 at 11:55 AM.

22. - Top - End - #172
    Ogre in the Playground

Zaqaru Council

Spoiler: Council
    Show

Grand Diplomat Namzara Zaqaru

Grand Admiral Elos Roshami

Grand Agent Ayallal Attar

Grand Scientist Caksya Gupta

Grand Administrator Yaadus Emit

Enigma 7

Show

I await your response.

Yours sincerely,
    Duke Nabuna Zaqaru

23. - Top - End - #173
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler: TRAM [PM]
    Show
    Duchess Izabella nods, "I propose [10 Prestige] per archive copied. Enough for a good stake, but not an outrageous one."

Duchess Starosta nods, "Buying out a participant is one thought, but who here is willing to be bought out. The benefits of four archives at an accelerated price will surely out weigh [2 Trade]. My own analysts have been considering the economics of scale and specialization."

The Zaqaru Dynasty
    Spoiler: The Shadda Cabal [Enigma: Rainbow Matrix]
    Show
    You would need to give up your terrestrial anchors and journey through the stellar reaches with us.

Spoiler: House Sansone [Enigma: 5
    Show
    ]Duke Nabuna Zaqaru

And you limit my choice by pursuing war. But a choice is a choice whether you are willing to take it or not. If you choose to pass over my son that is your choice, and one I will honor as part of this peace treaty, but I am under no obligation to give you a fourth option.

The demons of the Howling Vortex are as metaphorical as you Duke Zaqaru. Count Lacross has stood with the Order of Maphine for twenty years to keep them at bay. It lies in neither cluster, but a place far off the beaten path. I will give you the coordinates if you wish. All our welcome to aid the Order of Maphine in the sacred duty.

Count Menard Lacross of the Grey Order is his full title. Countess Katherine Openstein, Earl of Deset, Warden of the Birqu Marche is her proper title.

As it happens my scientists have just developed a revolutionary new shield system. I am willing to offer it to your fleet as reparations. I have little interest in the emissions of the Champseau gate. My scientists have completed their efforts into warp studies.

Your reparations are acceptable.

Sincerely,
    Duke Stephano Sansone

Tatarus
    Spoiler: House of Steel [Enigma 5
    Show
    ]You are trying to appeal to the nobility of mercenaries grand courtesan. Of course we plan to do what we have always done. Civil wars are profitable business.

Spoiler: Earl Treasach [Enigma 3
    Show
    ]Your analysis is apparently missing information. The earls aren't unifying in fear of the House of Steel, but because of you. You have managed to offend the sensibilities of many of my peers and they are planning to bring some noble power to this sector.

House Greenflame
    Spoiler: House of Steel [Enigma 5]
    Show

For a simple escort mission where only light conflict is expected we would charge [0.5 Trade per 1 Fleet]. For a more involved mission where battle is certain charge[ 1 Trade per 1 Fleet]. If you want our forces to take the brunt of a massed battle for you, then we would expect at least [2 Trade per Fleet]

Specifics are open for negotiation.

Exiles' Consortium
    Spoiler: The Democratic Collective [PM]
    Show

The first thing we require is counter espionage age. Our grand armada is being rapidly expanded, but we require additional intelligence operatives to keep it safe.

Spoiler: House Mertens [Enigma 6]
    Show

That would be a zero sum trade. We can build our own trade hubs and so can you. What we are willing to do is offer you rent instead. Fifty percent of the profits for twenty years.
    Last edited by ArcaneStomper; 2019-06-01 at 01:53 PM.

24. - Top - End - #174
    Ogre in the Playground

Zaqaru

Enigma 7

Show
    Dear Shadda Cabal,

Unfortunately I am unwilling to commit to such an abandonment at this time. However, I thank you for making me aware of the opportunity to become an initiate of the Wandering Path and who knows what time may bring.

Yours sincerely,
    Duke Nabuna Zaqaru

Show

I still consider the choice offered disgraceful, but I will not press the issue further.

The Screaming Vortex Bastion, if you say it lies off the beaten path, I wonder if it still lies within the Akkadu sector. Considering you are referring to them as demons, I believe it a fair assumption you are not referring to known dangers of the Outer Expanse. (OOC: The ones mentioned in the background document.) Have you come across a new faction which is hostile to you, or perhaps even the Empire?

Duke Stephano Sansone, you speak of demons, Howling Vortex, Grey Order, Order of Maphine and their sacred duty. They are unknown to me and I am starting to wonder what kind of threat and defense you are talking about here. I would like to request additional detail on what is being fought and whether it is reason for concern to the Akkadu Sector.

Shipments of a new shield system are satisfactory as reparations. If you have already completed your warp studies, I see little reason for further concern with regards to the emissions. I accept you repairing the Champseau - Gade warp gate.

Allow me to sum up the conditions so far.

1. Zaqaru and House Sansone sign a white peace.

2. Zaqaru and House Sansone sign a non-aggression treaty for 20 years [Turn 3, 4, 5 and 6].

Additional conditions Non-Aggression Treaty between Zaqaru and House Sansone:

1. Both House Sansone and Zaqaru invest [2 prestige] upon signing in the non-aggression pact. This will be increased by both parties with:
    - [Turn 4]: [18 prestige]
    - [Turn 5]: [10 prestige]
    - [Turn 6]: [10 prestige]

2. House Sansone creates the title Duke of Birqu within 5 years [Turn 3] and awards it to the candidate to be selected by Zaqaru.

3. House Sansone repairs the warp gate from Champseau to Gade to Risk Category 0 in [Turn 3] as reparation for damaging the warp gate.

4. House Sansone offers further reparations for the already repaired damage to the warp gates in Gade. House Sansone delivers 20 shipments of shields for use in [Turn 3] to Zaqaru. They either deliver 2 shipments of shields for use in [Turn 4] and 2 shipments for use in [Turn 5], or make a purchase from Zaqaru in instead of a making delivery.

5. Zaqaru offers [4 Trade] to the new Duke of Birqu for use in [Turn 4] in reparations for earlier damages done.

Please verify whether this is a correct summation of the conditions agreed so far.

Yours sincerely,
    Duke Nabuna Zaqaru

25. - Top - End - #175

RogueGuy

The Vastadd Capital

Spoiler: TRAM: PM
    Show
    Torbin leaned back in his chair. No one took the bait. Fine, he hadn't expected them to be easy. With Greenflame's statement about resources stretched thin, Torbin remembered his own resources. It felt like ten strings pulling him every way. "I am pleased to see that no one would leave the arrangement for so paltry a price."

Torbin turned toward Dutchess Vastadd, " I believe that I can match your price, Dutchess, [10 prestige] per archive copied, and that should run a cycle with each of us copying and paying each other."

Torbin read off his holopad as he spoke. "With this investment, I would be willing to double down and provide two archives. We have set up for Commerce: Logistics, and we feel that Commerce: Supply Chains, will follow that nicely." He returned his gaze to his companions and smiled.

"I've been advised that Filo would like to reconvene in ten to fifteen years and discuss further research together. So, if my propositions don't conflict with yours, my scientists eagerly await your scientists."
    Bastilonis

26. - Top - End - #176

Enigma 5
    Show
    The Exiles' perfectly understand the changing tides of opportunity.

We await your envoy's arrival sometime in the future.

-O

Show
    Duke Farid,

My ears are always open to new potential trading partners, establishing trade hubs, and commercial expansion. While I am disappointed that I must await your envoy in the coming years, keeping one's head upon their shoulders is certainly of the utmost importance.

-Outsider

Show
    This arrangement is agreeable, though I have two stipulations:
    1. That the duration of tribute begins and ends with the construction of each individual hub.
    2. That we will renegotiate the rental amount after each such 20 year iteration.

-O

Spoiler: Democratic Collective [PM]
    Show
    You wish for me to keep agents near your fleet to prevent sabotage, then. Or perhaps a distraction to draw enemy agents away? Do you know which faction or factions send their agents? How many of my agents do you seek to utilize?

And most importantly... What can you offer me?

27. - Top - End - #177
    Orc in the Playground

Spoiler: Exiles' Consortium
    Show
    We want to create a massive starbase designed around the glittering regalia of royal pageantry. We would split the costs evenly (3 trade each) as well as maintain equal military presence to ensure its safety. If you wish to speak of more specifics beyond that I think in the next few months we should agree to have our ambassadors meet and hash out the details. What is most important is that this become an economic hub for all of the inner systems. That this is THE go to place to spend hard earned energy credits. I want so much wealth moving through it that it makes us as rich as emperors.
    Amazing avatar by Gengy

Empire 4- Vampiric Republic turned Vampiric Oligarchy
    Empire 5- Psychic Daddy

28. - Top - End - #178

PaladinGuy

House Greenflame

Enigma 4

Farid paced across the board room of the Measured Response, the wide room decorated with murals of a stylized star map of the Imperium. New players in the field, the emperor’s hidden will, old players going silent as they no doubt geared up for war, it was a lot to think about. The latest missive lay at the head of the table, answering some questions, but leaving others shrouded. The ‘Outsider’ did not seem keen on revealing their identity, and Farid hoped he had not caused offence for asking. The question that arose now however, was why? Why keep your identity so shrouded? As a noble, even a disgraced name could garner a great deal of power in the Imperium, and unless there was someone actively hunting them, why not embrace the old name and start taking the prestige it was owed? Certainly from the scant reports that had reached Greenflame space the Consortium had enough fleets and assets to back up any claim to a title they might choose.

It was troubling, especially since Arda’s original guess was beginning to seem less and less likely. The rise of the People in southern Whitewyne had seen plenty of noble houses executed man, woman, and child; but due to recent events Farid had agents crawling through the records of the nobles who had once ruled there, and so far no connection could be established, and few had escaped the massacre anyway.

Farid stode back to the missive, staring at it for a moment before waving to his assistant.
    “Saleen, bring up the Laramy family tree again, it is at least worth another check…”

TRAM
    Show
    “I agree to the prestige cost, and thank you Lord Gilkara, I will endeavor to find the means to match your investment in the coming years, that we may all profit even more from this trade.”
    Farid thinks for a moment, before continuing.
    “Given my houses focus on starship manufacture, I would first think of Commerce: Tradeships, but with the esteemed House Starosta in this meeting I think I will instead begin with Commerce: Galactic Trade Routes.”

The Exiles’ Consortium
    Spoiler
    Show
    Outsider,
    I had not yet read any reports that your house could set up Galactic Trade Hubs, please, feel free to set one up in Greenflame space should you have the resources. I will sort out the necessary paperwork, and perhaps in the coming years I might have my own people study its architecture and build one in your space in return. If that is of interest to you of course.

Duke Farid Saquar

29. - Top - End - #179
    Troll in the Playground

Show
    Duke Nabuna Zaqaru,

Such matters are moving from the topic at hand. If you truly wish to know more of the Howling Vortex then send a military envoy to the enclosed coordinates and be prepared to fight. [Attachment: Deep Space Coordinates]

I have some amendments to your proposed treaty. I do not think they will be disagreeable.

The Treaty of Gard
    1. Zaqaru and House Sansone sign a white peace.
    2. The Zaqaru Dynasty, House Sansone, and House Birqu sign a nonaggression treaty for 20 years [Turn 3, 4, 5 and 6].
    3. Zaqaru and House Sansone will invest [2 prestige] in this treaty. House Birqu will invest [2 prestige] once it has been established.

Additionally each participant will invest on the following schedule.
    - [Turn 4]: [18 prestige]
    - [Turn 5]: [10 prestige]
    - [Turn 6]: [10 prestige]

4. House Sansone creates the title Duke of Birqu within 5 years [Turn 3] and awards it to the candidate with the approval of the Zaqaru Dynasty.

5. House Sansone repairs the warp gate from Champseau to Gade as reparation for damaging the warp gate. Since there are no guarantees in science they will continue to repair it every year until it is evaluated as Risk Category 0.

4. House Sansone offers further reparations for the already repaired damage to the warp gates in Gade. House Sansone delivers 20 shipments of shields for use in [Turn 4] to Zaqaru. They either deliver 2 shipments of shields for use in [Turn 4] and 2 shipments for use in [Turn 5], or make a purchase from Zaqaru in instead of a making delivery.

5. The Zaqaru Dynasty offers [4 Trade] to the new Duke of Birqu for use in [Turn 4] in reparations for earlier damages done.

The Three Way Pact of Non Aggression
    1. This pact will deem illegal all aggressive or hostile actions that includes but are not limited to raids, false flag operations, military invasions, sabotage, bribes, economic manipulation, and warp gate disruption.

2. In the event a member believes that the non aggression treaty has been violated they agree to attempt to resolve the matter before a neutral third party arbitrator before dissolving the treaty.

Sincerely,
    Duke Stephano Sansone

Spoiler: House Mertens to the Exiles' Consortium [Enigma 6]
    Show
    This agreement is acceptable.

Spoiler: The Democratic Collective to the Exiles' Consortium [Enigma 5]
    Show
    We can offer trade or military protection. What are you looking for?
    Last edited by ArcaneStomper; 2019-06-05 at 12:17 PM.

30. - Top - End - #180

Enigma 5
    Show
    I find this arrangement to be most acceptable. I shall have a liaison meet with your ambassador for further discussion on this.

This seems to be the beginning of a beautiful friendship.

Show
    Duke Farid,

I will have to take you up on this deal, though the construction of a trade hub may have to wait a while. As a newly recognized faction in the Imperium, my resources have all been devoted elsewhere for now.

-O

Spoiler: Democratic Collective [PM]
    Show
    Trade would be acceptable payment. How much protection do you need?