New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 26 of 50 FirstFirst ... 161718192021222324252627282930313233343536 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #751
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Pokémon Thread XXIX: Sword, Shield, and Spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Ogremindes View Post
    Lancshallot.
    Mind blown.
    The Hindsight Awards, results: See the best movies of 1999!

2. - Top - End - #752
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by tonberrian View Post
    Yeah but it's Normal/Fairy now going into Water/Fairy. That's about as different as Surskit, bug/water, going into Masquerain, bug/flying.
    In my defense I didn't realize Azurill picked up Fairy as well.

3. - Top - End - #753
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

I wonder how powerful Meltan and Melmetal is?

4. - Top - End - #754
    Firbolg in the Playground

The good news is I just got my second Lucky Friend in Pokemon Go! Woo!

The less good news is its Alabenson and Red Fel from.here kn the forums so I'll neeever get to actually cash those guaranteed lucky trades in.

5. - Top - End - #755
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

Pokemon should be count as a sport or at least an e-sport.

6. - Top - End - #756
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Bartmanhomer View Post
    Pokemon should be count as a sport or at least an e-sport.
    There are yearly world championships in it. Soooo.... What is the reason for this question and why do you think/state that it's not an e-sport? An e-sport is any competitive game, right?

7. - Top - End - #757
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Lvl 2 Expert View Post
    There are yearly world championships in it. Soooo.... What is the reason for this question and why do you think/state that it's not an e-sport? An e-sport is any competitive game, right?
    Pokemon is a fighting game. It just like any other sport.

8. - Top - End - #758
    Colossus in the Playground

Pokemon is a fighting game. It just like any other sport.
    You misunderstand. Expert is saying that it IS an e-sport, so you wishing it was one makes no sense.

9. - Top - End - #759
    Ogre in the Playground

Pokken is a fighting game, mainline Pokemon games are not. As said before, the World Championships do exist, so there is already an "e-sport" component.
    Once you go blue, nothing else will do. Once you go Quarian...someone will die.

10. - Top - End - #760
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    You misunderstand. Expert is saying that it IS an e-sport, so you wishing it was one makes no sense.
    Ok I misunderstood. My bad.

11. - Top - End - #761
    Ogre in the Playground

Short interview with Masuda and Ohmori. No giant big reveal but lots of nice small details.

My favorite is that while they reply to several questions with "No Comment" or "Don't know", when asked about who exactly finances all the Pokémon professors (we never really hear about any sort of actual government in Pokémon after all, neither does Oak and pals seem to be working for any of the big corporations that do show up), they replied with "It's a secret". And well, Oak and pals have to be getting their money from somewhere, labs have a lot of expenses. Meaning that Oak and pals may be secretly financed by one of the already existing big corporations or there's some secret organization pulling all the strings in all the regions and they've been building it up for years now.
    Last edited by deuterio12; 2019-10-03 at 09:21 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Of Mantas View Post
    "You know, Durkon, I built this planet up from nothing. When I started here, all there was was a snarl. All the other gods said we were daft to build a planet over a snarl, but I built it all the same, just to show then. It got eaten by the snarl...

...so we built a five millionth, three hundreth, twenty first one. That one burned down, fell over, then got eaten by the snarl, but the five millionth, three hundreth, and twenty second one stayed up! Or at least, it has been until now."

12. - Top - End - #762
    Titan in the Playground

Griffon

ABout this whole event that was supposed to coe live today... the " Live Footage from the Galar Region! "

So disappointing. Not going to watch all day for the glimpse of a new Pokemon.

I guess i'll check this week-end if things changed

13. - Top - End - #763
    Troll in the Playground

Sometimes when Pokémon Showdown/my computer crashes Showdown decides to wipe a few teams I had recently looked at. I lost a few this time, among which one that I know I liked, I know I spent a decent amount of time on, but for the life of me I can't remember exactly what it was.

Such is the life of someone preparing for a small tournament in my favorite metagame (that only ever gets played by a handful of people), 2v2 doubles.

14. - Top - End - #764
    Titan in the Playground

Griffon

Ok, finally, they kept teasing people up all livestream I heard but I found the info that I needed: the reveal of Galarian Ponyta!

Its a neat idea. Im hoping for a Fairy type that become e pegasis Pokemon fairy/flying type once it evolve!

15. - Top - End - #765
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Emmerlaus View Post
    Ok, finally, they kept teasing people up all livestream I heard but I found the info that I needed: the reveal of Galarian Ponyta!

Its a neat idea. Im hoping for a Fairy type that become e pegasis Pokemon fairy/flying type once it evolve!
    My Little Ponyta: Friendship is Pokeballs

oh my god, it looks like some fusion of fluttershy and celestia. they know exactly what they are doing.
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

16. - Top - End - #766
    Titan in the Playground

Griffon

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    My Little Ponyta: Friendship is Pokeballs

oh my god, it looks like some fusion of fluttershy and celestia. they know exactly what they are doing.
    HAHAHA! Yeah I know right?

Two of my friends are still pissed at Gamefreak for several reason, like not bringing back the Mega Evolution. I get it, they want a new gimmick for each Pokemon games so that the game feel diferent. HOWEVER... if we know its a temporary gimmik, why should we care? It's a valid point if you ask me. Im easier to please mind you and I love the idea of giant Pokemon so meh, I'll care for it while I play the game.

They are also still pissed that they are not bringing in every Pokemon in the pokedex or that the fighting animations arent better then a N64 game. Personnaly, I think they are hard to please. Sure I was angry at it at the start but Gamefreak had the confidence we would love the game anyway. If it wasnt for the fact I cannot have a TV or a game console right now, I might have bought them. Instead, I'll wait until I move out from the place I am in right now which will take a 3/4 of a year or so.

17. - Top - End - #767
    Titan in the Playground

HAHAHA! Yeah I know right?

Two of my friends are still pissed at Gamefreak for several reason, like not bringing back the Mega Evolution. I get it, they want a new gimmick for each Pokemon games so that the game feel diferent. HOWEVER... if we know its a temporary gimmik, why should we care? It's a valid point if you ask me. Im easier to please mind you and I love the idea of giant Pokemon so meh, I'll care for it while I play the game.

They are also still pissed that they are not bringing in every Pokemon in the pokedex or that the fighting animations arent better then a N64 game. Personnaly, I think they are hard to please. Sure I was angry at it at the start but Gamefreak had the confidence we would love the game anyway. If it wasnt for the fact I cannot have a TV or a game console right now, I might have bought them. Instead, I'll wait until I move out from the place I am in right now which will take a 3/4 of a year or so.
    Eeeeh, I'm still stubbornly with your friends then. I have a collection to think about. even if I'm not as angry today, I still don't like the fact that I can't transfer all of them over, creates complications. and its what, october? about one month plus change until it releases? still no word on any plans to change that? no? oh well, guess I'm waiting for Sword and Shield 2....

18. - Top - End - #768
    Titan in the Playground

Yeah. Right now I've got my collection entirely on Moon, and I don't particularly have any reason to transfer them to Box (or upcoming Home) for a monthly fee when a significant portion won't even be usable in-game.
    Quote Originally Posted by jamieth View Post
    ...though Talla does her best to sound objective and impartial, it doesn't cover stuff like "ask a 9-year-old to tank for the party."
    My Homebrew

19. - Top - End - #769
    Titan in the Playground

Griffon

Maybe thast why it's not affecting me that much... I never train for competition sake! I barely try to have a good Nature and select a good... hummm... EV? IV? Im not sure what that is but its stats better then a normal Pokemon of same specie. AND even then, its only if If Feel like it. A good nature is good enough for me most of the time as I only play the story mode and then restart the game from the start.

That's why I must enjoy the story mode first and thats also why I despise Sun and Moon... Didnt like the story, even if it had some cool Pokemon in it (big fan of Toucannon)

20. - Top - End - #770
    Titan in the Playground

Oh I don't do competitive either.

I just like collecting all the mons. I'm a collecting kind of person. I got three shelves just to hold all my books in my room, I get all the weapons in a rpg game even if I don't use most of them, and so on. I like having these things I guess, because its a sense of completion and connection to various things beyond me. and I keep them around because I might someday want to come back to them and like them again. y'know, keep my options open and its just convenient to have that collection than not.

21. - Top - End - #771
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    Oh I don't do competitive either.

I just like collecting all the mons. I'm a collecting kind of person. I got three shelves just to hold all my books in my room, I get all the weapons in a rpg game even if I don't use most of them, and so on. I like having these things I guess, because its a sense of completion and connection to various things beyond me. and I keep them around because I might someday want to come back to them and like them again. y'know, keep my options open and its just convenient to have that collection than not.
    I play Pokemon for fun too. I hope that they buff Magikarp in Sword and Shield.

22. - Top - End - #772
    Ogre in the Playground

I play Pokemon for fun too. I hope that they buff Magikarp in Sword and Shield.
    I also play Pokémon for fun, like not bothering with competitive nor going for 100% completion. This is, getting everything demands driving miles for special events and countless hours of specialized egg breeding and grinding levels and other work, and I'm not playing Pokémon for that since the original Red/Blue.
    "You know, Durkon, I built this planet up from nothing. When I started here, all there was was a snarl. All the other gods said we were daft to build a planet over a snarl, but I built it all the same, just to show then. It got eaten by the snarl...

...so we built a five millionth, three hundreth, twenty first one. That one burned down, fell over, then got eaten by the snarl, but the five millionth, three hundreth, and twenty second one stayed up! Or at least, it has been until now."

23. - Top - End - #773
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

Quote Originally Posted by deuterio12 View Post
    I also play Pokémon for fun, like not bothering with competitive nor going for 100% completion. This is, getting everything demands driving miles for special events and countless hours of specialized egg breeding and grinding levels and other work, and I'm not playing Pokémon for that since the original Red/Blue.
    I know trying to make a complete Pokedex isn't even all that fun at all in my opinion.

24. - Top - End - #774
    Titan in the Playground

Griffon

Im beginning to think that they knew they wouldnt make everyone happy with the new Pokemon game so they tried to appeal to the maximum possible...

There is so many Pokemon I wanna try to be honest that it overshadow lots things. Although, I just think itsplainly obvious they just trying to build hype despie the lack of feature of there game.

25. - Top - End - #775
    Ogre in the Playground

Im beginning to think that they knew they wouldnt make everyone happy with the new Pokemon game so they tried to appeal to the maximum possible...

There is so many Pokemon I wanna try to be honest that it overshadow lots things. Although, I just think itsplainly obvious they just trying to build hype despie the lack of feature of there game.
    The way I see it Sword and Shield is already featuring plenty of new stuff:
    -The wild open areas!
    -Dyanamax, aka mega-evolution for everybody!
    -Gigantimax because dyanamax isn't even my final form!
    -Group raids!
    -And of course, plenty of cool new Pokémon already previewed!

26. - Top - End - #776
    Titan in the Playground

They've known this since Gold and Silver. They seem to have added more features for this game and it's bound to sell well. The only thing we can do is try and vote with our wallet and let them know we want more, modern, stuff in the game. They've finally got the idea we want quests and other stuff in the main game.

27. - Top - End - #777
    Titan in the Playground

I'll be honest, mostly what I want is a single adventure. I still like playing the old games again, and I'd go back and play through those games again sometime. I think after Gen 3 they started just putting so much stuff into the games they sometimes diluted what was good about the games. I still love RBY, GSC, and RSE as games to play through the story in, and I'd do it again! When I don't care about how much value I can get out of my Pokemon after I beat the game because I have no intention of doing anything with the game once the last challenge is defeated, the games are actually just fun. I want that again.

I'll probably mess with all this other stuff, too (the raids seem like they might be either fun or aggravating depending on the other random humans you play with), but I just want an adventure that's fun to play through. Give me some new Pokemon to mess with, a new region to explore, and the ability to play it on my somewhat portable console and I'll probably pay for the game and play through it.
    Last edited by tgva8889; 2019-10-07 at 01:03 AM.
    Thanks to araveugnitsuga for my Pika-tar!
    PTU: Alyssa OOC IC

28. - Top - End - #778
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

Collecting isn't fun for me. After I collect all Pokemon I just thought what's the point of collecting, Game Freak is going to make new pokemon so I'll collect again. It's an endless cycle of collecting.

29. - Top - End - #779
    Titan in the Playground

The hunt is the fun, for me. "Having them all", isn't the point, "getting them all" is. Though that was mostly ORAS... Sun/Moon are less interesting when it comes down to grabbing the last few super-rare fish and such.
    Quote Originally Posted by jamieth View Post
    ...though Talla does her best to sound objective and impartial, it doesn't cover stuff like "ask a 9-year-old to tank for the party."
    My Homebrew

30. - Top - End - #780
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Qwertystop View Post
    The hunt is the fun, for me. "Having them all", isn't the point, "getting them all" is. Though that was mostly ORAS... Sun/Moon are less interesting when it comes down to grabbing the last few super-rare fish and such.
    And the next three years the cycle starts all over again.