New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #361
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: The Doctor? Doctor Who?

After Wendy gets her "treatment" from Jonathan she stares, somewhat dumbfounded, and those present can enjoy a rare moment of speechlessness on her part. In a few moments, she says quietly, "Thank you." It's hard to tell what's going through her mind... whether she's embarrassed, still paranoid, merely puzzled, or what you're not sure.

While Sam checks his email amongst other things, Wendy gets to responding to the rest of the discussion. "The gems? Mine... misfired. But I think that's a matter of focus on my part."

*If they're still at the Hub, Wendy adds the following:

"Speaking of technology, I still have this." She holds up the container holding the cog. She holds it out to Jack--very, very specifically to Jack. "What do we do with it? Destroy it? If it's what this Master wants, it's the only way to ensure he won't get it away from us and use it against us."

If they're not at the Hub and followed Jonathan out of there, she's going to keep the cog in her hand for the time being, but point out that she has it. She'll say something similar about destroying it.

I'm going to assume for time saving measures that Wendy got all her stuff out of the TARDIS (her laptop bag and her pack with the evidence kit, etc.).
    And the best thing you ever done for me is to help me take my life less seriously. It's only life, after all.
    - Emily Saliers, "Closer to Fine"

LGBTitP

Blog: http://deathquaker.livejournal.com
    Seldom updated Website: http://www.deathquaker.org

2. - Top - End - #362

(Yeah, you guys grabbed your stuff.)
    Jon sighs. He looks up the lift shaft and looks around the hub.
    "Again, they are prototypes. The software works, but the user interface isn't the friendliest, so to speak."
    He grabs the Cog and sighs again. "I knew it. Never let a Molan handle good tech. I'll put this back in my Tech Vault. No one but me gets in, and I have twenty levels of security on the place. Ultimate way to protect my assets."
    He gives Wendy a funny look.
    "Besides the phonebook thing is more of a parlor trick. You know, "Hey can I have your number?" "It's already in your phone." "Oh!" I use that schtick alot."
    Jonathan pulls out his cell phone. It's a sleek black razor phone with a logo of an McC in a gear. "Yello? Yeah. I'm bringing in the packages right now. Yes, the temps are coming in to. Um... meatball sub. Dr. Pepper. Onion Rings. Oh, they don't have onion rings? What about salt & vinegar crisps? Yeah that'll be good. Um... get a six-footer. I think R&D needs it, and the temps might appreciate it. Um... half turkey, half salami, and get... three vegetarian footers. Yeah. Thanks Brentan."

"Okay, R&D are expecting you, and we got a six foot sub on the way. I'm getting a meatball sub, but I'll probably take a bit of the salami sandwich too. Today was Brenton's turn to go grab lunch for the top offices, and R&D are going to have a field day with the surviving Tin Friends. Except little Q, of course." Jon thinks. "Of course, we'll stagger the tech. Assuming I don't get shot, I'll last long enough to see the tech be released all at the right time. Goody." Jon looks at you all with an expression that can only mean 'Come on, get on the lift, lunch will be there soon.'
    Alchemyprime's Omniblog
    Want some Pathfinder 1e homebrewed? Hit me up!
    Ted Kord Avatar by KPenguin!
    My Gaming Channel!
    My Carrd

Stuff about me
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Noctemwolf View Post
    Thank you very much. you know, I think I like you, Prime. =)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dogmantra View Post
    You, sir, have created the best Pokerman possible. Here is your medal. Everyone else can just give up.

3. - Top - End - #363

Wendy gives Jon a cool stare. "It's rude to take things out of other people's hands. My mother taught me that when I was four years old. It's good advice." She shrugs. "You want to keep it in your vault? Fine, so be it. Let the end of the world be on your head when some supergenius inevitably breaks through your security. We can all die happily knowing that fortunately, it wasn't humanity's hubris that destroyed us in the end, but someone else's."

She turns and nods to the others. "Doctor, Martha, Sydney--it was... well, it was exciting, anyway. Best of luck to all of you."

Wendy steps into the lift. When she is absolutely, 100% certain Jon is not looking at her, and also blocking her thoughts as much as she can (Torchwood psychic training), she looks at Sam and mouths, "I don't like him."
    Last edited by DeathQuaker; 2008-02-26 at 03:07 PM.
    And the best thing you ever done for me is to help me take my life less seriously. It's only life, after all.

LGBTitP

4. - Top - End - #364
    Barbarian in the Playground

Sam winces a little at the comments about hubris, but turns in excitement at the mention of greasy food and soda. "That sounds great," he says. He also steps into the elevator and gives a little wave to the Doctor's crew. "Hey, the next time you pass by the Tower, give me a ring. I'd love to see how that screwdriver of yours works."

Sam looks at Wendy once in the elevator and shrugs as if to say, Hey, it could be worse.
    The Tenth Doctor and the TARDIS by Ceika.

5. - Top - End - #365

Wendy shrugs back at Sam, and takes a few breaths, realizing at last she needs to calm down. "Take it as it comes, I suppose," she mutters.

She follows Jon to whereever it is they are supposed to go.

LGBTitP

6. - Top - End - #366

Sydney gets on the lift with you all. "Jon's my boss. I guess it's time for my office job."

Jon starts looking at the cog. "Two left. We combine these... and see what the elans were capable of. If the Rod and the Bracer are as amazing as this cog is supposed to be... then we have a great weapon on our hands. Of course... I'm mostly concerned about the failsafe. The very combination that creates the great weapon is also the only combination in which the restabilizer doesn't kick in. So it's not like we could destroy it anyway without the other two." Jon seems to not be noticing the mouthing behind his back.

The four of you go up on the lift. Martha and the Doctor wave, and the rest of Torchwood treat your leaving like another mission for you guys.

Martha yells to you all. "Call us after you get the Rod!"

Q squirms a bit, trying to get to Martha and the Doctor. "No Q, we're going to Mr. McCallister's place first. We'll see Martha later."

Q whirls, like it just lost a fight with it's mom (cause it kind of did).

Jonathan stick the cog in a pocket. "I'm sorry, I've been having a stressful day. After a bit of salami, I'm sure I'll be better. I've been dealing with an incorporeal rambler in the back of my head. It won't shut up. I have a device for getting rid of such things back in my office. I'm sending it back through the rift once we get there. Then I think we'll have light lunch, and I'll have a slightly heavier one with mozzarella and marinara, and then you all get to see the Ghosty Car. I hope. It wanders around the garage sometimes."
    Jon looks up as the lift reaches the top.

He points off to a building in the distance. It's a standard looking office building with the same logo as his phone on it. "That is the McCallister Enterprises Cardiff branch. I prefer the New York and Chicago buildings, but Tokyo's till my favorite. Cardiff has the best combination of weather and native English speakers though. I doubt the people in Los Angeles still speak English."
    Jon starts off for the building and Sydney follows him. "It's only a few blocks off. Maybe a ten minute walk."
    Alchemyprime's Omniblog
    My Gaming Channel!
    My Carrd

Stuff about me
    Spoiler
    Show
    You, sir, have created the best Pokerman possible. Here is your medal. Everyone else can just give up.

7. - Top - End - #367

"What do you mean about combinations and stuff?" Sam asks.

8. - Top - End - #368

"Well... there are three big artifacts we are after. The Cog was the first one. Anything mechanicle within 3 miles of it becomes more pliant to what people want it to do. So it makes tinkering a whole lot easier. Out next artifact is the Rod of The Jester. It has powers of pursuasion over organcs. The last is the Bracers of the Archmage. It has sway over energy. If you wear the Bracer and hold the Rod while putting the cog at it's head, then you can control all three. They work together. Um... there's a term for that... they synergize. That's the word. So, they have synergy. But, to ensure they wouldn't get busted like a lot of other artifacts, they repair themselves with solar powered nanite-like things unless they're altogether. If they are all together, then the right code just needs to be figured out and..."

Jonathan moves up his arms above his head. "BOOM!"
    He then makes rain gestures with his fingers. "Tinkle, tinkle, tinkle, tinkle. Yeah. They do that. Our hope is that we can beat the MAster, and get that ring away from him, then have Jack hold the Artifacts while the Doctor and I..."
    Jonathan pulls out a black and purple (as opposed to silver and blue) sonic screwdriver.
    "...screw around with it, so to speak. If the explosion is too big, Jack will survive it. Of course, we could always do that in the 42 series of Universes. There is no Earth there. But never mind that. We need to head to Earth 610.08.69.6 and meet up with Pete. After a meatball sub. Actually, I'll just grab my sub and a sandwih for Pete and we'll eat on the way."

Jon cracks a smile at Sam. "Pete may be your kind of a guy. His job requires him to be very hands-on with science. Smart fellow. And not nearly as much of an ass as Tony or Reed are. As smart fellows go."
    Alchemyprime's Omniblog
    My Gaming Channel!
    My Carrd

Stuff about me
    Spoiler
    Show

9. - Top - End - #369

"Oh, um, right," Sam says, nodding. "But where does the Master's ring come in?"

10. - Top - End - #370

Wendy listens to Jon's exposition, and nods at Sam's questions. "The ring was what brought him back to life, or something, wasn't it? So even if we stop him, if he has it, he might try again."

Wendy shakes her head. "It's all a bit overcomplicated." She looks at the group assembled, the gears of her mind whirling rapidly (metaphor ). "We can use that to our advantage. If our enemies are into grandiose plans, there's more opportunities to find holes in said plans. Keep an eye out, listen carefully. We might find a way to turn our enemies' intentions to our advantage."

"One thing I do definitely agree with you on, Mr. McCallister, is lunch. However, since time is something you've apparently got a lot of, maybe we /can/ take a breather before we hop off to an alternate Earth? It sounds like we have some leeway in time with time travel and all, and... well, your... gift to us was... refreshing... but... Sam and I have already been in two fights in the last 24 hours. We need to process what's going on--and more practically, we need to check our supplies. Make sure we have appropriate weapons for the job and the like. And even more--since you like explaining things so much, you could explain to much a little more of where we're going BEFORE we're thrown into the breach." Wendy smiles, a glint of mischief in her eyes. "It'll save you from having to make a time-traveled cell phone message to us later, when we're already in the thick of it."

Before the group parts from Sydney, Wendy is sure to get her phone number programmed into Wendy's cell phone, and also checks between her, Jon, and Sam that she has Martha's cell number as well.

LGBTitP

11. - Top - End - #371

Jon clicks a few buttons. "There, you all have me now. I also threw in a nice multiversal pizza place I know about."

Once you all reach the doors to the building, Jon walks in and enters an elevator. Once inside, he sighs once again and looks at you all.
    "Sorry about the sighing. Nervous tick of mine. I keep forgetting the ramifications for time travel. It's only really been about five hours for me. You guys left at eight this morning to my reckoning. Still haven't figured out the pandimensional cell phone bit.

"As for supplies, I own mostly a toy company. However, a few things just don't translate well into making me beat Tyco, Hasbro and Sony. I think I'm getting a leg-up in the RPG buis, and I plan on buying the WotC brand, but that's beyond the point. Point is, McCallister Enterprises R&D works on toys and such. Advanced R&D works on more interesting things. I keep out ultimate prototype on my person at all times. I call it Derringer 42."

Jonathan pulls out a small deringer. "Made of an organic material, naturally electrified and acidic, can be loaded with normal rounds or .10 mm shotgun shells, and includes a video protector and a fire extinguisher. This is a multitool second only to my Mystic Screwdriver. Well, maybe the SOnic too."
    Jon smiles. "But I do have some other prototypes. I'm having BRenton bring up a chunk of the subs, plus I telepathied him about getting a few extra meatball subs for all of you. Doc dropped off the Zodar in my office."
    The elevator dings. Out of the door is a large hallway decorated with mahagony, black marble tile, and blue marble columns. A small desk is next to a big mahagony door, and between each pair of columns (there are five on each side) there is a black ceramic statue shaped like a knight, each one different. However, one statue is missing.

Jonathan points to one statue. "That's Ziggy." He points to another. "That's Oswald." He points to the empty space. "And that's where Sydney's Zodar will stand. Zodars are amazing people. They only eat every five years, even if offered food, they can eat almost anything, and they live for taking orders. Ziggy and Oswald are my personal bodyguards. The other statues are just to throw people off."

He walks through the doors into a spacious office with a large window behind a desk. He sits behind the desk and reclines. Three chairs are in front of the desk.

"Please. Take a seat. Relax. We'll have some lunch, then go to my study to rest a bit."
    Alchemyprime's Omniblog
    My Gaming Channel!
    My Carrd

Stuff about me
    Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #372

Sam looks into the "face" of one of the indicated Zodar, half-expecting it to reach out and bite his nose off or something along those lines. He follows the others into the office, and takes one of the proffered seats. He takes out his PDA and fiddles with it a bit more, then gives a little Bronx cheer and looks around the office. "As far as interesting days at work go, this one certainly takes the cake," he mutters.

13. - Top - End - #373

To Jonathan's spiel about his company's work, Wendy replies. "Toys, eh? Was Moe's toy operation somehow in response to you, then?"

Wendy smiles politely in greeting to the motionless Zodar before following the others into the office.

She chuckles in response to Sam. "Well, it beats investigating missing sheep, I suppose... Ah, anyway, we'll have to exchange stories later of what adventures we have had."

She takes a seat. "You certainly have invested a great deal in making an elaborate office. Are you fond of grandeur, Jonathan, or are you just keeping up appearances as a cover for your.... advanced R&D?"

LGBTitP

14. - Top - End - #374

"Eh, a little of coulmn A and a little of coulmn B. Why be the equivalent of Bruce Wayne without feeding the ego a bit?"

Jonathan pulls out what looks like a gun and puts it to his head. He pulls the trigger, and a vacuum cleaner like sound goes off.

"There, got rid of the damned rambler." A brown haired man in a black leather jacket, black tank top and jeans walks in. He puts a tray with subs on the table.

Zodar walks up at the same time.

"Zodar, take your place. Brenton, thanks for the subs. Hey, how are things in AR&D and R&D?"

Brenton thinks for a bit while the Zodar walks off. "R&D is ready for a new product to help us dominate the plug and play gaming industry. Thanks to that computer that fell through the rift, we have created a plug & play game that can be released by 2011 with graphics equivalent to the Nintendo 64. Without risk of anarchronism, of course."

"Good. And AR&D?"

Brenton pulls out a glock 20. "Gravity glock. Creates it's own ammo from the
    energy around it. However, be careful. In an Elan's hands, that means aging. In anyone else's, it's freezing. be careful with it. Pretty much, three shots in one place before you either need to wait a minute for the energy to dissapate or... you become a cold old man."

Jonathan chuckles. "Thanks Brenton. Tell me when the energy cell tech is up. I see synergy." Jonathan bites into a sub. "Mm... and oregano." Brenton laughs and walks out.

"so..." Jonathan asks between bites, "any thing interesting either of yall want to talk about? Fun adventures? Nice times at Torchwood? Anything of that flavor?"
    Alchemyprime's Omniblog
    My Gaming Channel!
    My Carrd

Stuff about me
    Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #375

Wendy seeks out a plastic knife and fork and tries to eat her meatball sub with as minimal mess as possible. She wonders but does not speak aloud whether Jonathan has a rivalry going with Henry Van Statten, another famous businessman who always seems to put out the cutting edge electronics technology before everyone else. Maybe he's got something up his sleeve too. ((Van Statten's incident with the "metaltron" doesn't happen until 2012, so he'd be at the height of his game now.))

"I was figuring I'd exchange Torchwood gossip with Sam later. Since we are still needing to seek out these artifacts, I did want to get some things sorted out in my mind. As your earlier speech indicated, we've got a lot of work cut out for us--just needed to sit and rest for a moment before we take on the next big task.

"But if we are going to chat, I'd like to know a little more about what we're up against. Moe had the Cog to satisfy his own agenda--he didn't know much about the Master. The possessors of the other artifacts may not know either--and depending on who they are, we might be able to convince them to join us in fighting him. Moe had the Cog for nefarious reasons, but--

"--Well, first of all, should we assume that the others who possess the artifacts are bad people? What intelligence do we have on them?

"Secondly, if the possessors of the Rod and the Bracers are bad, do we have any idea what to expect in terms of hositility? Sam's and the Doctor's technical genius came in handy for our last mission, but what if our other enemies cannot be so easily handled by something as simple as an electromagnetic pulse?

"Thirdly, what of the Master himself? What does he look like? I know he was last masquerading as Harold Saxon, but can we be certain he doesn't possess a means to change his appearance, especially if he's using Elan technology? How can we recognize him? Apart from being a raving murderous megalomaniac who killed the American President, what is he capable of? What level of technology? Does he have mind-reading abilities, and so forth?

"And most importantly, what traits can we easily pull out in him that will help us gather allies against him?

"I have other questions, but I suppose that'll do for now."

Wendy takes a dainty bite of a meatball off her plastic fork.

Spoiler
    Show

Alternatively, I could just make a Gather Information check.
    Last edited by DeathQuaker; 2008-02-28 at 11:18 AM.

LGBTitP

16. - Top - End - #376

Jon sighs. "Okay. Where to start... I know Pete has his own rogues gallery. Let's hope that none of his BBEGs have the Rod. As for the Bracer, that was given to Jack to track down.

"The ring brings back the body as close as possible to it's last form. So the Master may very well continue to look like Saxon. From what I know, he can only leech information, not put extra stuff in without help, like his sattelite network.But... unless he has found a way to stop being a Time Lord besides a fob watch, the Doctor can sense him. If he does use a fob watch, I can sense him. So... he's not a human right now, I can tell you that.Unless he's in Australia. I can't sense that far...

"As for how to handle rogues with artifacts, be glad I'm here. AR&D will be just what we need then.

Jon recieves a call. "Yeah. What? Well, I don't care ifhe improved broadband, we helped invent BlueTooth. He'd be nowehere without us. No, I am not merging with that twit!"

Jon sighs angrily. "Van Statten. Between him and Gates, I never get a rest. Well, Gates steppeddown at least."

"As for allies, Pete can hook us up there. I think... man, Steve, Peter, maybe Tony and Reed, we can get Ben, and... oh, Charles will help us. Iguarentee Pete, Steve and Charles. They... thier world doesn't have Molans. But they have some nice abilities."
    Alchemyprime's Omniblog
    My Gaming Channel!
    My Carrd

Stuff about me
    Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #377

Sam pauses from wolfing down his sandwich. "Mnnnnike what?" he asks, sucking some sauce off his thumb. "Honestly, I thought the whole door-unlocking-time-and-space-travelling gig was pretty nice."

18. - Top - End - #378

"If you can get allies with 'nice' abilities, wonderful, but I was more asking how we can turn our potential enemies into allies--what do we know about him that can give them the fear. If the Master is hunting these people down, we could convince them we're on the same side."

"Besides which, I don't necessarily want to pin our hopes on a handful of fellows from another dimension. Seems to me even with your and the Doctor's considerable abilities in the traveling department, I'd rather count allies who are beside me now, who don't require the creation of or passage through major rifts."

Spoiler
    Show
    And, OOC, frankly, the sheer abundance of superpowered NPCs next to the 2 5th level, ordinary human PCs could get very frustrating, very quickly. I'm already close to feeling like I'm a nameless mook in a superheroes game, not one of the heroes. If you want to play a game where you get to be the Doctor who gets to win, or one of the X-Men, alch, maybe I can run it for you sometime if have the time to prep a game.

But it's not cool to keep throwing the PCs in situations where everyone's better than them at what they do, which you keep sliding dangerously close to doing. Just saying. I'd rather point it out now than get frustrated later.

"But if we are gathering additional allies, what resources do we have here? What about Jack's team? Any other Torchwood 1 stragglers like me? Could the old man in Torchwood 2 finally be convinced to come out of his own private research? How about UNIT? Heck, even some of the conspiracy theorists I found on the Internet could be helpful at least in providing and relaying information. Although I think some of them are dead, already."

LGBTitP

19. - Top - End - #379

Jon thinks. "Yeah, probably should drag more people into this than we need to... hm... wait a tic..." Jon looks at Sam and Wendy. "Hm... well... you do seem a little tougher than earlier... how about we rest up a bit, use my gym for a day or two, and then go see Pete. He'll tell me if anything big happens."
    Jon sucks on his soda a bit.

"Well, what about Moe? He obviously hates being controlled... maybe if we convince him to train his ability so he can controll it, maybe extract that Cyberbrain component, well... I guess he was a tough fight for you guys."

"As for Torchwood 2... he doesn't listen to anyone. Jack team we definnately have. We have the Doctor... Martha... me... BRenton and James... Johannes... So... wait... there was Josiah... Josiah was sent to Japan to investigate rumors of possible extraterrestrials just prior to the BoCW, and... maybe he hasn't come back due to Torchwood 1 not answering, and Torchwood 3's frequency change..."

Jon presses a button on his desk phone.

"Margaret, can you attempt to find a person? Security 56a4a2. Josiah Masters. Look in Japan first, then check London."

"Yes sir, Mr. McCallister."

"Thank you Margaret."

Jonathan turns to Sydney. "Margaret's planning on just having a desk job. So she's going to become my office secretary while Sydney becomes my personal secretary."

Jonathan eats a bit more sub. "Okay... so... who's up for the gym? Or if you still want to talk first."

Spoiler
    Show

OOC: Okay, three things.
    1. I'm bumping you guys up to 7th. The way I figure d20 Modern leveling... I figure taking down a big homebrew monster and a bunch of crazy robots, all the while cracking a safe, grabbing an artifact and trying to oppose someone who does things a little different... I'll say that's worth 2 levels. How many people, even Torchwood agents, can say they took down a Cyberdalek? Well... maybe Jack... but he can't die, so... still, impressive.
    2. I'm gonna be outta commision again. I swear, I must have a 6 in Constitution to get sick this often. This is... the third time since the thread started?
    3. I also have three working days right after another starting tommorrow, and I need to write an essay, and I'm gone all day Saturday... so I'll see when I can sneak on. That and I have another comic to ink... just letting you all know.

DQ only
    Spoiler
    Show

Yeah, 610 and 616 are pretty close Earths... but mostly that was trying to get hopes up of strong allies... of course they would help an Earth out of thier Earth series. I mean, the entire series of Earth 42s are gone, and i didn't affect any other series of Earths. So, many would be just too concerned with thier own problems.

Alchemyprime's Omniblog
    My Gaming Channel!
    My Carrd

Stuff about me
    Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #380

"What about UNIT? Any hope from them? Well, maybe we shouldn't contact them now, but if we know of a danger coming to THIS Earth, we might notify them. Armed, disciplined military force can occasionally come in handy... when used responsibly, of course. Torchwood's lost most of its security personnel, after all."

"My only other question is what do we know about who has the Rod and the Bracers? If you don't know, it's all right to say. I'd rather know that we don't know, than feel I've been denied information I ought to have. You might have noticed I have a tendency towards paranoia." Wendy smiles.

Wendy seems more relaxed now that Jonathan's decided they can afford some preparation time.

"Thank you, Jonathan. Gym? What about a firing range? I'd also like access to read up on a few things if you've a library. I can review my own notes and do Internet research, but if you have any thing of use you'd be willing to share, that would be lovely. Nothing major, just brush up on my cybernetic theory, review a little history."

Spoiler
    Show

I gotcha, alchemyprime. Thanks.

Sounds like you need to get some sleep! Take it easy... I'd be cool with backing off to a once-a-week or so posting rate--or less, even--if you need to catch up with other stuff. Take care.

In the meantime, I take it we level up our characters. Should we PM you the new sheets or post them here or what?

LGBTitP

21. - Top - End - #381

Sam makes a face at the mention of the gym, but shrugs. "I suppose a few days' rest wouldn't hurt. I might take a walk over to your R&D department, if you don't mind."

Sam makes a face again at the mention of UNIT and the various different branches of Torchwood. "Hey, you got me. I don't really follow all the politicking. I just keep my head down, fix what needs fixing. Of course, in my line of work, it tends to be a good idea to keep your head down often."

22. - Top - End - #382

"Knowing when to keep your head down is good, but in an organization like Torchwood, it also pays to keep an eye on who's doing what--also for your own survival--and maybe for everyone else's, too. But things I'm sure are far different under Jack than under Yvonne." Wendy makes a face. "That didn't sound right." She chuckles. "I hope you know what I mean."

LGBTitP

23. - Top - End - #383

"Oh, believe me, I spent some time trying to ignore that too." Sam tries to keep a straight face and then breaks out into laughter. He tries to regain some control, fails again. "Sorry."

24. - Top - End - #384

Wendy joins him in the laughter. "Well, there's a job skill that'll keep you sane," she said.

She claps him on the shoulder. "Come on--let's see if we can get some stuff to help us fight the good fight."

LGBTitP

25. - Top - End - #385

Sam nods and stands up. "Right, then."

26. - Top - End - #386

"Library is on floor 5, firing range is in the 3rd basement and the special firing range is behind that book case if you pull the lavender book."

(I'll post more later.)
    (Cough.)
    Alchemyprime's Omniblog
    My Gaming Channel!
    My Carrd

Stuff about me
    Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #387

Wendy, though tempted to try out the "special" range, decides to opt for improving her aim with weapons she already knows how to use instead.

She also makes good use of the library, and joins Sam for some time in R&D... she's not "hands-on" like Sam is but she likes to understand the theory and function behind high technology.

Spoiler
    Show

Prelim character sheet, may be subject to final tweaks; added a Smart level to round out Knowledges and another Negotiator level:

http://www.angelfire.com/id/deathqua...WendyKing7.htm

She's set to level into Xenophile next level if I/she so chooses.

I may drop the bonus Smart feat I took (Iron Will) for Educated or something else instead. Will get back to you.

Also noted the "upgrades" she got to her cellphone and taser.
    Last edited by DeathQuaker; 2008-03-05 at 08:52 AM.

LGBTitP

28. - Top - End - #388

Sam goes to the library and flips through some books briefly, but eventually just takes off for R&D at a brisk walk that soon turns into a run. He shows up later on at the firing range, covered in grease and looking like he's just run a marathon and then had a hot bath and an ice cream--exhausted, but happy.

Spoiler
    Show

Working on the character sheet now...2 more levels of Techie to get the robot, which is, um, going to be somewhat familiar. But Sam's nowhere near the Doctor's level of sophistication, so expect some...snags along the way.

Rolling HP...
    (1d6)[3]
    (1d6)[1]

Some math on the 'bot:
    Tiny
    Purchase DC 15
    Craft DC 12
    Quadruped +3
    A/V Sensor +2
    Manipulators +3
    R/C Range 100 ft +1
    DC 21
    [/spoiler]

29. - Top - End - #389

Spoiler
    Show

I am going to do a slight tweak but I don't have time to plug it into PC Gen right now... just going to shift some skill points and take Studious instead of Iron Will (Wendy's stubborn enough, and it doesn't make sense for her to have Linguist if she doesn't have Decipher Script).

LGBTitP

30. - Top - End - #390

(I like it... I knew we'd need a replacement for Q since we're kinda writing out Sydney...
    I'm leaving Jonathan where he is level wise. I figured I'll let you guys go around with a Lvl 8 or so NPC with somehting close.
    Let me know when you're all done. We'll say it was baout three days game time. Then you all get to go to Pete's world.

And no, it's not Earth-616. I was tempted, but I settled on 610. However, I may eventually do a crossover campaign...)

Jonathan meets up with Wendy and Sam in the firing range. "By special, I meant our targets weren't so... humanoid... useful thing. I do have targets of most aliens we've found hostile." Jon turns to Sam.
    "You wanna come with me and see the Advanced R&D labs? I mean, R&D is fun and all, but AR&D has the best goodies. Oh, two bits of news. The bad: UNIT says that they won't help until Agent Wildebeest comes and talks to them. I think that may be our man in the trainers. The good: the Doc and Jack are out looking for the bracer, we should find some trace of it soon. Also, by an agreement of Jack and myself, we've upped the limits on your charge cards. These ones, specifically." Jon holds out two grey charge cards.

(The cards are worth a +10 to Wealth while you're in the 21st century. Also, you can use them to add +1d6 to a Wealth roll, but only twice. Just to let you know.)
    Alchemyprime's Omniblog
    My Gaming Channel!
    My Carrd

Stuff about me
    Spoiler
    Show