New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314151617
  1. - Top - End - #481
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: The Doctor? Doctor Who?

(Wendy spotted a small trail of blood leading away. The blood seems to be steaming. Also, if I haven't stated it, the woman ran off.)

(Oh, and also, you see some fine metal dust around the blood. Almost like a spray of mercury or something, but not liquid).
    Alchemyprime's Omniblog
    Want some Pathfinder 1e homebrewed? Hit me up!
    Ted Kord Avatar by KPenguin!
    My Gaming Channel!
    My Carrd

Stuff about me
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Noctemwolf View Post
    Thank you very much. you know, I think I like you, Prime. =)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dogmantra View Post
    You, sir, have created the best Pokerman possible. Here is your medal. Everyone else can just give up.

2. - Top - End - #482

Wendy listens to both speakers, but her eyes stay focused on the alley. "Hold on a minute, please."

She opens her carrying case, and in there accesses her evidence gathering tools. Pulling on latex gloves, she takes some slides and containers and tools, scraping a little bit of the blood into one container, the metal dust into another.

Investigate for evidence collection: (1d20+10)[19]
    Investigate for analyzing the metal dust: (1d20+10)[12]

When she stands, she walks a little back towards the others, containers in hand.

She looks at Jon, an odd sort of smile on her face. "You know, it's actually sort of a relief to know you can become upset after all." She looks between him and Sam. "But perhaps if we're going to butt heads, we aren't going to do well working together, are we? If we are working toward the same goal--and I'll do my best to give you the benefit of the doubt--we might be better off going about another way of doing it."

She holds up the containers. "Look, there's definitely something to be found here, and I think it's worth investigating what's going on here further. At the same time, you're right, if Captain Harkness here is offering a path to find information another way, it may be worth looking into as well.

"So, if Sam doesn't mind, as I'd prefer to stay with a fellow agent, perhaps he and I should take one path and you the other. I'm inclined to stay here, but if Sam, you're bent on going with Captain Harkness, then I'll join you. We can only hope, in that case, though, that Captain Harkness will return us to where we need to be when the time comes, or Jon will be able to fetch us with the Ghosty Car if need be. On the other hand, I can have these analyzed.

"The reason I'd like to stay here is I think we would probably have a better chance of blending in. Not to mention, if we stay where the Ghosty Car is, we'll all definitely have to rendezvous with Jon again before we go elsewhere. Makes things a little neater. In this case, Jon, I'd give you these to have analyzed along with the corpse."

"So, what do you think?

"Feel free to contribute as well, Captain."
    Last edited by DeathQuaker; 2008-04-22 at 07:08 AM.
    And the best thing you ever done for me is to help me take my life less seriously. It's only life, after all.
    - Emily Saliers, "Closer to Fine"

LGBTitP

Blog: http://deathquaker.livejournal.com
    Seldom updated Website: http://www.deathquaker.org

3. - Top - End - #483

"Wow. No one's called me Captain in a few years... so you guys have your own TARDIS, eh? Ghosty Car... sounds like something a twelve year old girl would name a TARDIS..."

Jon mumbles (Listen to hear it)

Jon then looks at Wendy. "Thank you for the BOTD, and I agree. I'll keep the car on me. We'll meet at..." he looks around. "That Panda Express tonight at 9:00. It is currently 4:30. I'm going to ask, would you prefer to stick with Jack or go on and get the maurezhi? Because I'll do either."

Jonathan looks at the evidence that Wendy gathered while it's in her hand.
    "Hm... metal... that's a new trick... assuming it was the maurezhi..."

Jack looks at Wendy and Sam. "I'd more than welcome some company in the TARDIS, be it the odd ginger man or you two guys. I'm sure we have some stuff to talk about. Do you like coffee? I'll have to get the coffee maker out again. Wow... it'll be like the old days!"

Jon takes the evidence and opens the watch and places it in a hole. "Bigger on the inside. Kinda TARDISy."

The choice is yours. Jack or Maurezhi? Which would you like to investigate first?
    Alchemyprime's Omniblog
    My Gaming Channel!
    My Carrd

Stuff about me
    Spoiler
    Show
    You, sir, have created the best Pokerman possible. Here is your medal. Everyone else can just give up.

4. - Top - End - #484

"I think I've already said more than my piece. Sam?"

(Oh and sure: Listen for Jon: (1d20+5)[10])
    Last edited by DeathQuaker; 2008-04-23 at 07:21 AM.
    And the best thing you ever done for me is to help me take my life less seriously. It's only life, after all.

LGBTitP

5. - Top - End - #485

(Jon said "17 year old boy, thank you. Call me a girl... grumble grumble")
    Alchemyprime's Omniblog
    My Gaming Channel!
    My Carrd

Stuff about me
    Spoiler
    Show

6. - Top - End - #486

Completely OOC:

Spoiler
    Show

LGBTitP

7. - Top - End - #487
    Barbarian in the Playground

"I think we have more of a responsibility to find out what these maurezhi are doing to these people, rather than delving into the Captain--or ex-Captain, in this case," Sam says.
    The Tenth Doctor and the TARDIS by Ceika.

8. - Top - End - #488

"That sounds like it's settled. We should get going then. The trail's still relatively hot. Literally... the blood is steaming back there."

She offers the containers to Jon. "Perhaps you can get these analyzed. Call us on our altered phones if you find anything interesting. I can collect more samples while we look for them."

"Unless Sam, you programmed Sparky with analytical capabilities."

She turns back to Jon. "Oh, also--if they're not maurezhi, what could they be? The sort of lumps in their heads"--Wendy points at the objects--"Is that evidence they are maurezhi or something else?"

She checks her gear as she gets ready to go off again.

LGBTitP

9. - Top - End - #489

Sam shakes his head sadly. "I programmed him more to be able to get to places where I can't, or basically be an extra set of hands for me. He doesn't have that kind of coding."

Sam makes sure he's got a full clip in his gun and stows it away under his coat. He turns to Sparky. "Alright, then, you. Let's go."

"Affirmative."

10. - Top - End - #490

"Well, he'll certainly still be very helpful. Won't you, Sparky?"

Wendy waits to see if Jon or Jack have anything else to say before returning to the alley.

LGBTitP

11. - Top - End - #491

Jon thinks for a minute before they go. He looks at the red stones.
    "The world the Maurezhi come from... has some very tough creatures. It's a world of evolution bedding the Chaos Theory. Thing is, Maurezhi don't have this substance in thier systems. Occasionally in thier stomachs if they ate certain creatures, but never in thier heads... they can't create these things. Useful bits though. Hyper accelerate the metabolism. Speeds healing and the immune system if ingested by a human or elan. I've dealt with these before. YOu two keep them. If things get rough... eat the stones. It's nasty, and they taste like raw hamburger smothered in persimmon jelly, with the texture of rock candy, but they'll help. I'll analyze the metal. That's bothering me. And the the steaming blood is a bit more familiar."

Jon slows down and sighs. "I'll stay here. Good luck. Both of you. I'll give you a call once I know what's going on, or if I find anything that may be a clue." Jon turns the watch back into the car and invites Jack inside. The door closes, but the car continues to look like it sees you... like a turret from Portal...
    Alchemyprime's Omniblog
    My Gaming Channel!
    My Carrd

Stuff about me
    Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #492

Wendy extracts the stones and places each in a sealed baggie. She gives one to Sam and pockets the other.

"Sounds like we're all set. Shall we?"

Spoiler
    Show

Aaaaaaand with that, I'm probably going to be offline a few days, as noted a little while ago. I think alch needed some time off around this time, so hopefully we can come back to this in a little bit as the next chapter. I'll let you know when I'm back online. Take care, all.

LGBTitP

13. - Top - End - #493

"We shall," Sam says.

"My goodness, that was clever. If I had breath that could be taken away, it'd be gone."

14. - Top - End - #494

Spoiler
    Show

Yeah... I'm going to need a bit of time off. Say... if one of you could find a way to archive this thread, then we'll just start a new thread. Perhaps call it "Torchwood: Maurezhi" or something.

See you all later. I'll still be one the boards, but more wandering. I'll send you both a message once I'm ready to boot back up, or if we want to make a detour into D&D for a while. Oh, and on July 27th, as my sig declares, I will celebrtate Gary Gygax day. A day of Greyhawk, of D&D and of course of orbs of annihilation in the staue's mouths.

Alchemyprime's Omniblog
    My Gaming Channel!
    My Carrd

Stuff about me
    Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #495

Spoiler
    Show

No idea about archiving, but I have no problem with a little bit of a break. I just started DMing a game on Myth-Weavers (D&D 3.5/Eberron) which has me checking for new posts and worrying constantly, and I'm kind of thinking about bailing on a game or two in order to try and put this Pathfinder RPG through its paces with one of those freebie adventures off the Wizards site.

You're doing that Gygax thing in RL? Forcing your friends through Tomb of Horrors and blogging it? Or a first edition game?

Actually, that'd be kind of neat. Hmmm.

But yeah, fire me a PM and I'll be back, robot dog in tow. This game sates my need for Whoniverse stuff in between series/season 4 eps.

16. - Top - End - #496

Spoiler
    Show

Just FYI I am alive. A little weary but alive. :)

Alch, take the time you need and just let us know when you're ready to start up. I'll be online every other day or so.

LGBTitP

17. - Top - End - #497

Spoiler
    Show

Glad to know you're fine DQ. Well, I'll be okay for a week or so next week, but then I'm out again for about a week and a half.

My job hunting isn't going well either. But, on the plus side, myself, the girl i've been flirting with, and two of my buds (the alchemist and the warblade from my RL campaign) are heading out to a 4e preview in the next town on Saturday.

And my website (below) will soon branch into gaming (inverting what Rich did) and we (hope we) will have a 4e product and a 3.5 product out in time for Christmas or at least spring. (One of the guys going with me is a fellow designer. I'm design and development. My brudder is the other design and development guy.) So if that works out... I dunno... I'll see if I can send you guys a free copy of the pdf as a Christmas or Easter present.

Alchemyprime's Omniblog
    My Gaming Channel!
    My Carrd

Stuff about me
    Spoiler
    Show