New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 21 of 50 FirstFirst ... 11121314151617181920212223242526272829303146 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #601
    Ettin in the Playground

Chimera

Default Re: Questionable Content XV: I HAVE MORE QUESTIONS! I Told You This Thread Was Weird

Quote Originally Posted by Felius View Post
    On the other hand, if they somehow are doing something with it that are promoting bacterial growth, then leaving it unwashed is likely a massive health code violation that should see the entirely shop closed and Dora fined into bankruptcy.
    Yeah, I'm going to double-down on the idea that people have become unrealistically insane/stupid just to frustrate Hanners.

2. - Top - End - #602
    Firbolg in the Playground

Griffon

Default Re: Questionable Content XV: I HAVE MORE QUESTIONS! I Told You This Thread Was Weird

Quote Originally Posted by Willie the Duck View Post
    Yeah, I'm going to double-down on the idea that people have become unrealistically insane/stupid just to frustrate Hanners.
    It could be that, or it could be that now that she has found a new perspective on her neuroses, Hanners is going to be portrayed as the fun-killing "Mom" character.

For example: Prior to her journey, finding a mouldy coffee maker in use would have caused a major freak-out - now, she just nags Dora to do her job better.

I mean, I'm entirely for that idea - Hanners and Winslow return from an extended trip with new insights and they both get to play the "straight man" to everyone else's weirdness for a while. Sounds like fun, I just hope that Jeph doesn't go so far into it to suggest that Hanners being "cured" therefore makes her "boring" or "dull".
    ~ CAUTION: May Contain Weasels ~
    RPG Characters What I Done Played As (Explained Badly)
    17 Things I Learned About 40k By Playing Dark Heresy
    Tales of a Role-Play Gamer - Horrible Optimisation

3. - Top - End - #603
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Wraith View Post
    I mean, I'm entirely for that idea - Hanners and Winslow return from an extended trip with new insights and they both get to play the "straight man" to everyone else's weirdness for a while. Sounds like fun, I just hope that Jeph doesn't go so far into it to suggest that Hanners being "cured" therefore makes her "boring" or "dull".
    I would wager against long odds that Jeph is not about to treat Hanners as "cured", boring or not. I mean, yeah, his stories have their stronger and weaker moments -- as do every writer's -- but the man is not an idiot.

4. - Top - End - #604
    Colossus in the Playground

Jeph has made jokes about the lack of coffee machine hygiene at Coffee of Doom before. And I thought some of them involved Hannelore.

At the very least, I remember a joke about Hannelore cleaning spiders out of the roaster...so it's actually looking to me like she's changed very little, at this moment.

5. - Top - End - #605
    Ettin in the Playground

Hanners' job at Coffee of Doom can be considered the start of her exposure therapy, tbh.
    Last edited by John Cribati; 2019-08-12 at 07:51 AM.

Formerly known as "Herpestidae."
    Most of my posts are done by mobile. Expect typos.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    Things don't magically stop being fun when you reach a certain age.

6. - Top - End - #606

Quote Originally Posted by Kish View Post
    Jeph has made jokes about the lack of coffee machine hygiene at Coffee of Doom before. And I thought some of them involved Hannelore.

At the very least, I remember a joke about Hannelore cleaning spiders out of the roaster...so it's actually looking to me like she's changed very little, at this moment.
    Remeber the spider coffee?

7. - Top - End - #607
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by John Cribati View Post
    Hanners' job at Coffee of Doom can be considered the start of her exposure therapy, tbh.
    I guess you could consider her moving to earth to be the start of that. But yes CoD was certainly an important step for her

8. - Top - End - #608
    Troll in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

May!
    there
    SHHHH!
    nobody tell her...
    Ponies not only make ME want to be a better person than I was before they entered my life, they make me want to HELP OTHERS be better people too.

And that is a GOOD thing by any definition.

full size avatar

9. - Top - End - #609
    Barbarian in the Playground

ElfMonkGuy

I wonder where this little arc is gonna go. I don't see anything at all wrong with Winslow staying in for a few days after spending months travelling, but the comic seems to be pointing in another direction.
    Last edited by mythmonster2; 2019-08-14 at 01:40 AM.

10. - Top - End - #610

Quote Originally Posted by mythmonster2 View Post
    I wonder where this little arc is gonna go. I don't see anything at all wrong with Winslow staying in for a few days after spending months travelling, but the comic seems to be pointing in another direction.
    Well im leaning towards winslow starting to turn into a shut in due to the harrowing experiences he went through. It feels like he recognizes that he is in danger of doing just that and is TRYING to force himself to interact with the outside world but things keep going wrong and his friends arent really getting it. May is, not intentionally, telling someone afraid to get addicted that a few hits wont hurt.
    "Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum"
    Translation: "Sometimes I get this urge to conquer large parts of Europe."

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    Traab is yelling everything that I'm thinking already.
    "If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

11. - Top - End - #611

Winslow got some solid psychological targeting software.

12. - Top - End - #612

Griffon

Yeah - for someone who used to be an iPod for an emotionally damaged recluse, he's like a Robot Columbo.

"Okay! Okay! I' get it, no dating, you don't need the broom, I'll go... But before I do, there's just one thing I gotta know...."
    ~ CAUTION: May Contain Weasels ~
    RPG Characters What I Done Played As (Explained Badly)
    17 Things I Learned About 40k By Playing Dark Heresy
    Tales of a Role-Play Gamer - Horrible Optimisation

13. - Top - End - #613
    Troll in the Playground

In fairness, May has that target painted all over her face.

14. - Top - End - #614
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by otakuryoga View Post
    May!
    there
    SHHHH!
    nobody tell her...
    I kind of like the idea that, totally unremarked-upon by anyone, sneaky teens will be scuttling from one hiding spot to the next every time we see May at work.

15. - Top - End - #615
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Wraith View Post
    Yeah - for someone who used to be an iPod for an emotionally damaged recluse, he's like a Robot Columbo.

"Okay! Okay! I' get it, no dating, you don't need the broom, I'll go... But before I do, there's just one thing I gotta know...."
    Heh, I read it Peter Falk's voice. Thanks for this reference.
    In a war it doesn't matter who's right, only who's left.

16. - Top - End - #616

Hmm..

I think Jeph changed his artstyle..

17. - Top - End - #617
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Cikomyr View Post
    Hmm..

I think Jeph changed his artstyle..
    Guest comic.
    It is one thing to suspend your disbelief. It is another thing entirely to hang it by the neck until dead.

Verisimilitude -- n, the appearance or semblance of truth, likelihood, or probability.

The concern is not realism in speculative fiction, but rather the sense that a setting or story could be real, fostered by internal consistency and coherence.

The Worldbuilding Forum -- where realities are born.

18. - Top - End - #618
    Ettin in the Playground

Chimera

Quote Originally Posted by Max_Killjoy View Post
    Guest comic.
    I'd like to think that Cikomyr was jesting.

19. - Top - End - #619

I like ya :D

20. - Top - End - #620
    Titan in the Playground

The smiley face was a contingency for that possibility.
    It is one thing to suspend your disbelief. It is another thing entirely to hang it by the neck until dead.

Verisimilitude -- n, the appearance or semblance of truth, likelihood, or probability.

The concern is not realism in speculative fiction, but rather the sense that a setting or story could be real, fostered by internal consistency and coherence.

The Worldbuilding Forum -- where realities are born.

21. - Top - End - #621
    Ogre in the Playground

I like the question-mark-dotted collar that Claire's brain is using as a placeholder.

ż? ? ż ?ż ?

If it doesn't actually exist, someone (other than Emily) must invent it!

22. - Top - End - #622

Back off Winslow. She's Mine

23. - Top - End - #623
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Cikomyr View Post
    Back off Winslow. She's Mine
    I just want to counter with the fact that my spouse and I have our own breadmaker. So don't go jumping to conclusions just yet.
    Last edited by SaintRidley; 2019-08-20 at 01:37 AM.
    Linguist and Invoker of Orcus of the Rudisplorker's Guild
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Fantasy literature is ONLY worthwhile for what it can tell us about the real world; everything else is petty escapism.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    No author should have to take the time to say, "This little girl ISN'T evil, folks!" in order for the reader to understand that. It should be assumed that no first graders are irredeemably Evil unless the text tells you they are.

24. - Top - End - #624
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Ah, one of the special anti-teen measures are kicking in.

No, seriously, thats why grocery stores always play older music and stuff on the radio. It help keep kids and teens from deciding its a good place to hang out at and cause trouble for.
    “Evil is evil. Lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same. Proportions are negotiated, boundaries blurred. I'm not a pious hermit, I haven't done only good in my life. But if I'm to choose between one evil and another, then I prefer not to choose at all.”

25. - Top - End - #625
    Ettin in the Playground

Chimera

Okay, let's assume May and Yay/Spookybot don't have some secret desire to move their friendships with Roko to something else, who is Winslow now jumping into a love tesseract with? I know Roko and Clint is a ship some people are floating. Anyone else* **?
    *Yes, every bread machine in the city. We got it.
    **No, not Pintsize.

26. - Top - End - #626
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Keltest View Post
    Ah, one of the special anti-teen measures are kicking in.

No, seriously, thats why grocery stores always play older music and stuff on the radio. It help keep kids and teens from deciding its a good place to hang out at and cause trouble for.
    That is amusing, unexpected, and actually logical. Would never have thought about that.

As for today's page, the both real and methaphorical appearence of the best song ever reminds me of Kill la Kill and all the names in big red kanji actually appearing when someone is introduced (some characters even lean on them etc.).

27. - Top - End - #627

In winslows defense, she IS looking very very nice in this comic.
    "Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum"
    Translation: "Sometimes I get this urge to conquer large parts of Europe."

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    Traab is yelling everything that I'm thinking already.
    "If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

28. - Top - End - #628

Quote Originally Posted by Traab View Post
    Roko has *always* looked very nice to me the moment she stopped being a mere cop character and got some characterization.

Plus, I make my own bread.

29. - Top - End - #629
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Traab View Post
    I concur in the most appropriate way possible.

30. - Top - End - #630

May, you did the right thing the wrong way.

You shamed Winslow into not doing something, instead of making him understand that joining a charity organisation for the sole purpose of spending time with a love interest of yours is a recipe for disaster, both for and him the mentioned object of interest.

So you did a right thing, but it's like you kicked a puppy to prevent him from drinking poison. Couldn't you have done it in a better way?