New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: [Star Wars SAGA] Staying One Step Ahead [IC]

Quote Originally Posted by TheGuardianWolf View Post
    Perception to take note of surroundings (Where the shooters are, if other patrons are getting involved, another exit, etc.): [roll1]
    The Twi'lek and the seven others are in the accessway between the dance floor and the main floor. Your group is located on the main floor. The patrons on the dance floor and the booths in that area are withdrawing as far away as possible. You even hear what sounds like the sound of a window breaking from that area. You can't exactly see where or what so you don't know if someone threw something out in an attempt to escape or if someone threw something in to join the Twi'lek's team. On the main floor, those closest and capable ran for the refreshers. Others are hiding under or behind their tables. Your client made his way to a door marked storerooms and he attempting to wave you over.
    Lily: What's happening?
    The Doctor: No idea. Do what I do; hold tight and pretend its a plan.

Note to all my players and Game Masters: I am not online Fridays after 3:00 pm EST till Mondays around 7:00 am EST.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Halfling in the Playground

Noticing the wave of his employer and the fine opportunity in the chaos, Kolssk looks back to his companions. "There. A back door, and a chance for essscape. We can lose them now while they ssstill don't know our location."

Kolssk then waited for a response, eyes darting between the sights on his blaster and the door out. He'd wait for the rest of his team to make a move and cover the escape if need be, or just start blasting if they thought that was a wiser move.

Spoiler: In case we decide to run:
    Show
    Stealth: (1d20+7)[27]

3. - Top - End - #33
    Ogre in the Playground

RogueGuy

A back door? Well that seems like a better option than fighting, besides, we can definitely ask for security detail pay now. Crouching cautiously, Taru attempts to make his way towards the back door as quickly as he can while staying as hidden as possible.

Spoiler: Actions
    Show

Taru is taking the option of a full retreat.

Stealth: (1d20+3)[15]

Spoiler: Active Characters
    Show

None

4. - Top - End - #34
    Titan in the Playground

Rilana Dunn

“Back door huh,” Rilana said, “good idea.”

She moved along the bar, keeping her head down and drawing her second pistol.
    Last edited by Thundercracker; 2019-07-03 at 08:20 PM.
    TC for short

"I like the sense of chaos this game provides. OOC, I like that I cannot know every available avenue, but that I can pursue whatever avenue I so choose. IC, I like that what I am doing has consequences. It's very very real." --Noedig

5. - Top - End - #35

Quote Originally Posted by esorscher View Post
    "'No need for security detail or hazard pay,'" Waldo quotes ironically. "Come on, team, we got this!" he says, inspiring confidence in his teammates as he draws his blaster, vaulting himself over the bar and ducking behind it.
    Dropping low out of his seat and drawing his Carbine, Kolssk realized quickly that in a crowded bar like this. Things would get pretty chaotic pretty quickly if someone was brazen enough to just start shooting. He took a quick look around to get as good a baring on the situation as he could. Before trying to line up shots himself, he looked to his companions, "Thisss is not the place we fight, they may have usss trapped or surrounded. We mussst leave!"
    Quote Originally Posted by XianTheCoder View Post
    Taru sighs and mumbles, "No need for a security detail or hazard pay", my pale firm back-side! Flipping an empty table on its side, Taru draws his heavy blaster and crouches behind it. Taru then calls out to the team, Time to earn our pay and protect our new client. Grabbing his comlink Taru then radios back to the ship, CZ get the ship ready to take-off, we're going to be coming in hot with new cargo a need to take off quickly. Poking his head out and raising his blaster, Taru prepares for battle.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lentrax View Post
    Grab the blaster, grab the blaster.... Don't reach for the lightsaber....
    Cover me, I'll go after our friend!
    Quote Originally Posted by Thundercracker View Post
    Rilana drew a pistol and ducked behind the bar to avoid getting shot.
    Noticing the wave of his employer and the fine opportunity in the chaos, Kolssk looks back to his companions. "There. A back door, and a chance for essscape. We can lose them now while they ssstill don't know our location."

Kolssk then waited for a response, eyes darting between the sights on his blaster and the door out. He'd wait for the rest of his team to make a move and cover the escape if need be, or just start blasting if they thought that was a wiser move.
    Quote Originally Posted by XianTheCoder View Post
    A back door? Well that seems like a better option than fighting, besides, we can definitely ask for security detail pay now. Crouching cautiously, Taru attempts to make his way towards the back door as quickly as he can while staying as hidden as possible.
    Rilana Dunn

“Back door huh,” Rilana said, “good idea.”

She moved along the bar, keeping her head down and drawing her second pistol.
    Rilana initiative : (1d20+9)[29]
    Moving along bar

Taru Initiative: (1d20+8)[25]
    Taru is taking the option of a full retreat.
    Stealth: (1d20+3)[15]

Ashleigh Initiative (1d20+7)[19]

Kolssk Initiative: (1d20+7)[12]
    Find Cover (Move)/Draw Blaster Carbine (Standard)/Search Surroundings (Swift)
    Stealth: (1d20+7)[27]

Waldo Initiative: (1d20+1)[8]
    Inspire Confidence (+1 to attack, skill checks for allies within Line of Sight for the rest of the Encounter) as standard. Duck behind cover as move.

Need Initiative rolls from Tristy LeSalle Skood
    Last edited by ybn1197; 2019-07-10 at 01:05 PM. Reason: Missed Rilana's Initiative

Note to all my players and Game Masters: I am not online Fridays after 3:00 pm EST till Mondays around 7:00 am EST.

6. - Top - End - #36

I've edited the above post to add in Rilana's initiative which was previously rolled. Also, Morcleon (Tristy LeSalle Skood) has been on-line since I made the above post and did not reply. Therefore we will continue on and if Morcleon returns we will fit Tristy in at that point.

Initiative Order
    29. Rilana
    25. Taru
    19. Ashleigh
    17. Twi'lek and group
    12. Kolssk
    08. Waldo

Actions?

7. - Top - End - #37
    Titan in the Playground

Rilana Dunn

It’d be one thing if they were after someone specific, but these guys were just shooting at everything, including her. She fired off two quick shots at the one in charge, then ducked below the top of the bar.

Spoiler
    Show
    atk the leader: (1d20+2)[22]
    Damage: (4d6+2)[11]

Atk the leader: (1d20+2)[5]
    Damage: (4d6+2)[20]
    TC for short

"I like the sense of chaos this game provides. OOC, I like that I cannot know every available avenue, but that I can pursue whatever avenue I so choose. IC, I like that what I am doing has consequences. It's very very real." --Noedig

8. - Top - End - #38
    Titan in the Playground

Ashleigh runs after F'ej, drawing her blaster along the way.

Co-Founder of LUTAS.
    For all you lesser superheroes out there.

Custom STO avatar by Durkoala.

A novella about a wizard and a rock star, cross-dimensional travel, and healing wounds neither knew were there.

Spoiler: Online stuffs
    Show
    Lentrax has a Deviantart now, check it out!

Streaming Monday, Wednesday, and Friday at 11CST on Twitch.

Follow me on Twitter!

9. - Top - End - #39

Popping up from behind the bar, Rilana fires off two shots with her blaster. The first shot is true and slams into the Twi'lek's body armor, knocking him down as the second shot goes over his head. Rilana ducks back behind the bar before any of the Twi'lek's troops can get a bead on her. Seeing an opportunity, Taru scrambles among the over-turned tables and heads towards the storage room, following F'ej. He is quickly joined by Ashleigh who is drawing her blaster as she moves.

While the Twi'lek was down and unable to get a shot off, his 7 hired guns continued firing wildly into the crowd and creating as much chaos as possible. Some of their shots come close but no one in the crew is hit.

Kolssk readies his blaster carbine, secure in he belief that he has not drawn any attention from the party-crashers; covering the withdraw of his crew mates. Waldo meanwhile crouches behind one of the tables avoiding becoming a target.

Round Two

10. - Top - End - #40
    Titan in the Playground

Rilana Dunn

Seeing not all of her companions were through the door yet, Rilana popped up to lean over the bar and fired another pair of shots.
    “C’mon, let’s get outta here!” she called to those still in the room.

Spoiler
    Show
    target the leader if he’s still moving, otherwise target the nearest enemy.

Atk: (1d20+2)[13]
    Dmg: (4d6+2)[9]

Atk: (1d20+2)[5]
    Dmg: (4d6+2)[23]

Low cover reflex +5
    TC for short

11. - Top - End - #41
    Firbolg in the Playground

Waldo ducks low as he moves across the room to the back door, focusing on avoiding the blaster fire. He gets through as quickly as he can, and says to Fej with a wry smile, "How about that hazard pay, then?"

Spoiler
    Show
    Fight Defensively, no attacks (+5 Reflex Defense), Reflex Defense 18 until next round.
    "Happiness is the meaning and the purpose of life, the whole aim and end of human existence"

"Everything can be taken from a man but one thing: the last of the human freedoms—to choose one’s attitude in any given set of circumstances, to choose one’s own way."

"When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves."

12. - Top - End - #42

In the hallway where F'ej ran there are two doors opposite each other (one to your left and one to your right), there is also a door at the end of the hallway (10' away) which is in the process of closing. F'ej is not in the hallway but it appears that he is the one who opened the door and has already left by the looks of things.

In the cantina, Rilana fires another couple of shots at the Twi'lek's men. The first shot takes one of the armed men out, the other shot goes wild. The Twi'lek gets up from his prone position but manages to keep at least two of his men between him and the remainder of the group. More shots are fired as the armed men attempt to keep those remaining in the cantina disorganized enough to keep from mounting a counter to their presence. Meanwhile Kolssk and Waldo dart for the door where the others have previously gone. Seeing that everyone of crew has made it out, Rilana follows them into the hallway.

We are now into round three. I have used Rilana's move action to get her into the hallway with the others as indicated by previous intent. We are still in combat mode so Rilana has another basic action while everyone else has their full actions yet. You are all in the hallway with the storage areas as indicated on the Vapor Scream map. F'ej is NOT in the hallway however the door to the alley outside was closing when you entered.

13. - Top - End - #43
    Titan in the Playground

“There goes our meal ticket,” Rilana said as she hustled towards the closing door.
    TC for short

14. - Top - End - #44

Anyone else?

15. - Top - End - #45

Waldo follows out the door to the outside, hoping to catch up to their escaping patron.
    "Happiness is the meaning and the purpose of life, the whole aim and end of human existence"

"Everything can be taken from a man but one thing: the last of the human freedoms—to choose one’s attitude in any given set of circumstances, to choose one’s own way."

"When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves."

16. - Top - End - #46

Waldo approaches the door which opens with a "whoosh." His arm is grabbed and he is yanked out of the hall into the alleyway by a startled F'ej D'aw. Realizing who has followed he puts a finger from his left hand to his lips and waves you to the opposite side of him, showing you a small device in his right hand - a thermal detonator! He quickly looks inside the hall and seeing the others, waves you all outside. As the last of you clears to the alley, the inner door opens to the approach of one of the twi'leks men. F'ej tosses the thermal detonator into the cantina and ducks back out into the alley. There is a heavy THUMP-BOOM from inside the cantina as the thermal detonator goes off in the enclosed space.

After a few harrowing minutes later (largely spent scrambling down dangerous-looking alleys) F'ej D'aw leads you into a run-down warehouse.

As soon as he opens the door, he pauses, fiddling with a makeshift contraption that consists of wires, a few small pulleys and a fist-sized metal sphere. "I had this set up as a trap for anyone who we don't want to talk to," he grunts, deactivating the sphere - another thermal detonator. After you pass inside, he bends down and resets the trap.

"Okay, we're all set, let's go meet the boss," he says, taking up the lead once again.

Broken window panels in the ceiling allow pillars of light to bisect the darkness and, by the look of the building, may be the only thing holding up the ceiling.

"Is this the help I sent you to find, Fej?" A deep voice asks, and as you move closer you see the large form of the Hutt, sitting in the shadows, a blaster pistol clutched in his chubby hands.

17. - Top - End - #47
    Titan in the Playground

Rilana Dunn

“Just the two of you right?” Rilana asked, “good. Front half the payment and let’s get out of here.”
    TC for short

18. - Top - End - #48

Waldo has nothing to contribute to the conversation at this point, but watches the Hutt for any sign of deception. (Perception: (1d20+7)[26]) Once they get onboard the ship, there'll be ample time for questioning. But, now does not seem like the time to delay.

19. - Top - End - #49
    Ogre in the Playground

RogueGuy

Taru watches the Hutt cautiously, I have to agree with my companion. Your friend just blew up a cantina, and probably killed a bunch of people. It's best to get off this planet as quickly as possible.

Spoiler: Active Characters
    Show

None

20. - Top - End - #50

Rilana Dunn

“Just the two of you right?” Rilana asked, “good. Front half the payment and let’s get out of here.”
    F'ej nods as Rilana asks to confirm the number of passengers. As she asks for half payment, F'ej walks over to the Hutt and has a quick private talk. The Hutt gives F'ej a sharp if not distasteful nod to confirm that he should wire the credits to them.

Quote Originally Posted by esorscher View Post
    Waldo has nothing to contribute to the conversation at this point, but watches the Hutt for any sign of deception. (Perception: (1d20+7)[26]) Once they get onboard the ship, there'll be ample time for questioning. But, now does not seem like the time to delay.
    Waldo doesn't sense any deception from the Hutt which is even more worrying to the Duros nobleman. The Hutt does seem very agitated and concerned about something though.

21. - Top - End - #51

Seeing the credits change hands, so to speak, Waldo says, "Let's get back to the ship, and off this rock." As he says this, a smaller voice inside his head whispers, Is this what you intended when you swore your oath to do no harm? You're throwing in your lot with two people who just murdered how many innocents to cover their escape? Shouldn't you be back at that bar, trying to reattach their limbs and sew their intestines back inside their abdomens? But he stifles that voice for the sake of remaining with his friends.

22. - Top - End - #52
    Titan in the Playground

“Great, let’s get out of here,” Rilana said.
    TC for short

23. - Top - End - #53
    Ogre in the Playground

Z-1X continues methodically preparing the ship for launch.
    Last edited by Izzarra; 2019-08-07 at 12:28 AM.
    "Time is an abstract concept created by carbon-based life-forms to monitor their ongoing decay." - Thunderclese

24. - Top - End - #54

“Great, let’s get out of here,” Rilana said.
    "And how do you propose I do that!" It is at that moment you all realize the Hutt is not sitting on one of their traditional repulsor sleds. "I am far from being in a mobile position. I have hired you to provide me transport and even now I am in need of such assistance."

25. - Top - End - #55
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ybn1197 View Post
    "And how do you propose I do that!" It is at that moment you all realize the Hutt is not sitting on one of their traditional repulsor sleds. "I am far from being in a mobile position. I have hired you to provide me transport and even now I am in need of such assistance."
    “How’d you get in here?” Rilana asked.
    TC for short

26. - Top - End - #56

“How’d you get in here?” Rilana asked.
    "It was not easy, nor do I wish to repeat the experience. Perhaps you can obtain the services of a repulsor-truck. I have taken enough risk so far. I CAN NOT be seen by others. You have your money. Now GO!"

27. - Top - End - #57
    Titan in the Playground

Rilana Dunn

“Really Fej,” Rilana said sarcastically.

“C’mon guys, let’s go rent or hotwire a vehicle and get off this rock,” she said to the crew.

“Mind deactivating that thermal detonator so we can get out?” she asked Fej.
    TC for short

28. - Top - End - #58

"Nothing's ever easy, is it?" Waldo sighs, "Let's just hope nobody followed us here." He follows Rilana's lead.

29. - Top - End - #59

Rilana Dunn

“Really Fej,” Rilana said sarcastically.
    F'ej merely shrugs his shoulders. ((OCC: I should have noted it but the one speaking was the Hutt. Your comment still fits in nice as a "Couldn't you have told us this ahead of time?"))

Rilana Dunn

“C’mon guys, let’s go rent or hotwire a vehicle and get off this rock,” she said to the crew.

“Mind deactivating that thermal detonator so we can get out?” she asked Fej.
    F'ej nods his head affirmatively this time and follows you to the door. As he disables the trap, he remarks, "I will be accompanying you on this. The boss is losing patience and I want to make sure we get this tidied up for him."

Once everyone clears through the door, F'ej resets the trap and heads along with you. After spending an hour looking, you finally find a suitable repulsor-truck. It's large enough, can carry the weight of a wounded Hutt and the cargo bay is covered with a cloth covering. The only thing left to do is jump into it quick and hot-wire it before the owner comes back.

30. - Top - End - #60

"I'm no mechanic," Waldo says, "But I'm sure whoever among us is, will do a phenomenal job!" (Inspire Courage for +1 on Mechanics check. Aid Another--if applicable--for an additional +2: Mechanics: (1d20+2)[6])
    Last edited by esorscher; 2019-08-12 at 08:44 PM.