New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Solaria (IC)

1. - Top - End - #331
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Solaria (IC)

Pelemaeus

Initiative: (1d20+12)[30]

Pelemaeus brings the sword up immediately, smoothly dodging the oncoming assault.

Spoiler
    Show
    Do I get an AoO since his straight line charge went past me? I've got Uncanny Dodge, so I retain my 35 AC at the moment.

2. - Top - End - #332
    Ogre in the Playground

Pelemaeus -Round 1
    Hp 98/98, AC 35, Init 30

After smoothly avoiding the dodge, Pelemaeus swiftly changes form, as if those who would hit him would miss more often. He then backs up out of the Giant's range, then hurls black iridescent strands of shadow at the nearest giant, attempting to strangle it.

Spoiler
    Show
    Using a swift action to switch into Pearl of Black Doubt, using my move action to back up somewhere, then using Shadow Garrote to attempt a ranged touch attack for (1d20+20)[37] to hit for (5d6)[23] damage. If it fails a DC 16 Fortitude Save, then it becomes flat footed until the start of it's next turn.
    Last edited by Neftren; 2007-12-21 at 09:27 AM.

3. - Top - End - #333
    Troll in the Playground

(1d20+9)[24] Init.

Elzaon sighs.

Guess we're going to have to kill you.

He says it like it's almost a chore.

He readies himself for combat. He takes a 5-foot step back and casts Summon Monster VII, summoning a Bone Devil.

Attack!

Ertoth's Skeleton moves and attacks the nearest Giant with his club.

Attack
    (1d20+17)[30]
    Damage
    (3d6+17)[21]

(I can't remember if I have to wait a turn after summoning a creature for it to attack. If so, ignore the rest of my post)

The Bone Devil moves and attacks the nearest giant as well.

Attack
    (1d20+14)[19]
    Damage
    (1d8+5)[11]
    Quote Originally Posted by YPU View Post
    Real life doesn’t happen, it surprises you like a trap of a CR way above your level.

4. - Top - End - #334
    Barbarian in the Playground

Wilarmis
    Initiative: 21
    Hit Points: 52/52
    AC: 21, Touch 18, FF 16
    Saves: Fortitude +4, Reflex +9, Will +8

"Hello. My name is The Wizard," says Wilarmis, greeting the giants vaguely. He casts Slow.
    ·Bitzeralisis·

5. - Top - End - #335

SolithKnightGuy

After the giants charge, the group reacts faster than lightning. Pel neatly dodges a giant club and tumbles behind everyone, comes up and unleashes a shadowy hell upon the "leader giant". He chokes hard, but stands his ground.
    Wil the Wizard then stands his ground confidently, incants words of magic, and immediately the world slows down for these 3 poor giants, as they seem to begin to react, and even talk, half as fast as normal. The skeleton Ertoth takes a piece out of the front runner, and some ribs of his are knocked out in return. The harpist, using his infernal powers, hits all three with a sickly green colored energy. It almost chokes them, but they stave it off. Finally, one giant steps up and makes an errant swing at the Harpist, while the third in line tries to slowly move up.

For Me:
    Spoiler
    Show

Leader Giant: -45, Slowed
    Giant 1: Slowed
    Giant 2: Slowed

Rolls
    Spoiler
    Show

Rolling for entire group as one save when possible
    group will save - (1d20+9)[13]
    group fort save - (1d20+14)[23]
    leader fort save - (1d20+14)[30]

giant1 attack 1 - (1d20+20)[21] Against Ertoth Skeleton
    giant1 attack 2 - (1d20+15)[23]
    giant1 attack 3 - (1d20+10)[13]

giant2 attack 1 - (1d20+20)[26] Against Harpist
    giant2 attack 2 - (1d20+15)[17]
    giant2 attack 3 - (1d20+10)[28]

giant3 attack1 - (1d20+20)[34] Against Wil
    Last edited by Bronz; 2007-12-21 at 05:14 PM.

6. - Top - End - #336

Wilarmis
    AC: 21, Touch 18, FF 16
    Saves: Fortitude +4, Reflex +9, Will +8

"Hello," says Wilarmis more forcefully. The vagueness has gone a bit out of his face. "I said my name was The Wizard. It would really be much more polite if you greeted me and told me your names too." Wilarmis stares at the giants with the most clueless and/or annoyed expression he could muster.

Wilarmis casts Haste on the party and moves backwards to a safer place.
    ·Bitzeralisis·

7. - Top - End - #337
    Ogre in the Playground

Pelemaeus - Round 2
    Hp 98/98, AC 35, Init 30

"You guys really don't learn do you? After we took out your now skeletal leader, killed your bad mojo shaman troll, terrorized a bunch of slaves and took over your village for a night, you really ought to realize we're very single minded in our goal when it comes to us and our employers."

He then dashes towards the leader giant, lashing out. Thick black tendrils snake towards the giant's eyes, obscuring them somewhat. Lashing out with Supernal Clarity, he attempts to cut the giant to ribbons.

Spoiler
    Show
    Will run towards the leader giant and use the Obscuring Shadow Veil maneuver. I make a single melee attack of (1d20+20)[36] to hit and deal normal melee damage of (1d6+3)[5] points of Piercing Damage. In addition to that, he takes (5d6)[14] points of damage and must make a DC 17 Fortitude Save or suffer a miss chance [50%] on all melee and ranged attack rolls for one round.
    Last edited by Neftren; 2007-12-21 at 05:39 PM.

8. - Top - End - #338
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Critical Threat Roll to hit Leader Giant: (1d20+20)[26]
    If I hit, I deal 10 Damage instead of 5 with the rapier.

9. - Top - End - #339
    Troll in the Playground

The Ertoth Skeleton turns its attention away from the leader and attacks on of the ones behind it.

(1d20+17)[26]
    (1d20+12)[27]

(3d6+17)[23]
    (3d6+17)[28]

The Bone Devil moves towards the other giant not the leader, and radiates his fear aura (5-foor radius, Will Save 17 or Fear) He then full attacks the giant.

Bite (1d20+14)[30] (1d8+5)[6]
    2 Claws (1d20+12)[22] (1d20+12)[28] (1d4+2)[5] (1d4+2)[4]
    Sting (1d20+12)[28] (3d4+2)[8] (If hits, roll Fort Save, DC 20.)

Elzaon smiles at the carnage his creatures bring. He casts Hypothermia at the giant the Bone Devil is attacking.

(10d6)[42] and becomes fatigued.

Fort. Save 21 halves damage and negate fatigue.
    Real life doesn’t happen, it surprises you like a trap of a CR way above your level.

10. - Top - End - #340

Harpist
    Hp 59/77, AC 24 (post-haste), Init 14

Using his power and heritage to avoid being clobbered into the earth by the attack, Harpist spits and then attempts to concentrate on his next attack.

Spoiler
    Show
    Maximized Sickening Cone.
    [Concentration check 11 (Fail)], get a free AoO on him.
    If Harpist passes the concentration check on that, Giants take 48 damage (Ref DC 24 half), and must make a DC 21 Fort save or be sickened for 1 minute.
    I doubt it, though.
    The Chilli God has Spoken.
    ---

11. - Top - End - #341

SolithKnightGuy

Again, quicker than the giants can ever hope to react, the party o' death springs into action. Pel darts forward and literally rips a hole into the leader, digging his rapier in deep and driving the shadows within to cover his eyes, which seemingly blind this towering giant. El's spell finally comes to completion, and his pets of Ertoth skeleton and a newly formed bone devil rip into the two flanking giants. El also calls on the power of cold to freeze in place one of these giants, and he very nearly succeeds as that giant seems to start to try and warm his hands, his extreme body heat no longer enough to keep him warm. Wil casts another spell, further exacerbating the speed difference of the party and the giants, and the Harpist merely stands in place, defiant.

The giants do try to attack back, each taking a swing at their closest assailants.

leader giant - (1d20+20)[25] Attacking Pel
    dmg - (3d6+15)[29]

leader giant - (1d20+20)[28] Attacking Ertoth (Actually giant 1)
    dmg - (3d6+15)[20]

leader giant - (1d20+20)[39] Attacking Bone Devil (ACtually giant 2)
    dmg - (3d6+15)[22]
    Last edited by Bronz; 2007-12-21 at 06:26 PM.

12. - Top - End - #342

Wilarmis
    AC: 22, Touch 19, FF 16
    Saves: Fortitude +4, Reflex +10, Will +8

"Hello!?" shouts Wilarmis, the vagueness on his face replaced by complete annoyance (fake annoyance, of course.) He points to the giants in general. "You're being insanely rude right now! So die!"

Wilarmis casts Greater Invisibility on Pelemaeus.

"I meant die in an indirect way, but you get the point."

Wilarmis draws his longbow.
    ·Bitzeralisis·

13. - Top - End - #343
    Troll in the Playground

The newly hasted Ertoth Skeleton full attacks the giant he's been attacking.

(1d20+18)[34]
    (1d20+18)[32]
    [roll]1d20+13[/rol]

(3d6+17)[22]
    (3d6+17)[33]
    (3d6+17)[31]

The Bone Devil (Not hastened) continues attacking against his foe.

Bite (1d20+14)[29] (1d8+5)[7]
    2 Claws (1d20+12)[32] (1d20+12)[23] (1d4+2)[5] (1d4+2)[6]
    Sting (1d20+12)[20] (3d4+2)[8] (Fort Save 20)

Elzaon (Hastened) draws his bow. Smirking, he attacks the leader giant with an arrow.

(1d20+24)[29] (1d8+4)[9]

14. - Top - End - #344
    Ogre in the Playground

Pelemaeus

After hearing Wil's trademark line, Pelemaeus instantly felt the urge to wait for something... moment's later he knew why. Suddenly, Pelemaeus rippled and vanished from view. A hailstorm of cuts began to appear as if from nowhere. The relentless flurry continued on...

Spoiler
    Show
    Switching to the Assassin's Stance. Using Avalanche of Blades.

(1d20+20)[33] to Hit + (3d6+6)[19] (Weapon + Insightful + Snk. Attk.)
    (1d20+16)[30] to Hit + (3d6+6)[15] (Weapon + Insightful + Snk. Attk.)
    (1d20+12)[25] to Hit + (3d6+6)[16] (Weapon + Insightful + Snk. Attk.)
    (1d20+8)[12] to Hit + (3d6+6)[18] (Weapon + Insightful + Snk. Attk.)
    (1d20+4)[15] to Hit + (3d6+6)[22] (Weapon + Insightful + Snk. Attk.)
    (1d20+0)[11] to Hit + (3d6+6)[20] (Weapon + Insightful + Snk. Attk.)
    (1d20-4)[11] to Hit + (3d6+6)[17] (Weapon + Insightful + Snk. Attk.)

Edit: All against Flat Footed AC. Tell me if you need more rolls.
    Last edited by Neftren; 2007-12-21 at 06:56 PM.

15. - Top - End - #345

Harpist
    Hp 78/78, AC 23, Init 14

The Harpist, not exactly liking the danger that he is in, steps back and tries something just a bit more normal this time, while harboring a secret wish that he wasn't continuously fighting stuff four times his size.

Spoiler
    Show
    Sickening Cone, regular. Harpist doesn't know where Pel is so he can strategically position this blast, so here's hoping that guy has Evasion and a wicked reflex mod.
    [Concentration check 20 - Pass]
    [24 damage], Reflex DC 24 for half, plus sickening effect as above.
    Last edited by The_Chilli_God; 2007-12-21 at 09:53 PM.
    ---

16. - Top - End - #346

SolithKnightGuy

The giants feebly try to get out of the way, but the next few seconds would just about be their last. The Ertoth skeleton and the Bone Devil flay their victims, ripping flesh from bone and even some beard along with it, while Pel has his own dance of death that no one can see. After all that, the Harpist finally comes through and makes the place glow a sickly purple color, the after effect of a huge blast of eldritch energy taking everything out that it touches.

The leader and one on the side fall down with a a large *thud*, while the third stands motionless and dazed from the pain. At that point, the odd looking giant child comes running from the back, with a female right behind. He wields a large great sword, has a very fine chain shirt on, and looks quite angered at the group. From this vantage point, you can clearly see the visible signs: sharp fangs, pseudo scaly skin, claws, and when he gets up close you can even see a pair of folded bat wings behind him, almost invisible.

He may seem to be a child, but as a fire giant child he still stands a full 2' above the rest of the party.

*What have you done?! You all shall pay for this, and pay for this dearly!*

17. - Top - End - #347
    Ogre in the Playground

Pelemaeus
    HP: 98/98, AC 35, Init 30, Greater Invisibility

Still completely invisible, the shadowy blur advances upon the new arrival. Dealing one swift strike, Pelemaeus stabs upward with all his might.

Spoiler
    Show
    Okay, I'll use Death in the Dark now. So it's a melee attack against the giant's Flat Footed AC.

(1d20+20)[26] to Hit for (3d6+3)[11] Damage
    He must make a DC 20 Fortitude Save or else take 15d6 Damage. If he makes his save, he takes 5d6 damage instead.

(15d6)[1][4][3][3][3][3][5][4][5][3][5][4][1][2][1](47)

18. - Top - End - #348

SolithKnightGuy

As Pel steps up to the half-giant, half-dragon, knowing full well he is invisible, the monstrosity in front of him somehow senses his movement and apparently is able to take advantage of Pel's movement. He steps just to the left and takes a mighty blow, aimed at Pel's head. He misses the head, but takes a good crack out of Pel's shoulder as the giant blade he wields glows a dark purple at the moment of impact.

AoO
    Spoiler
    Show

aoo - (1d20+25)[38]
    dmg - (3d6+20)[28] as well as energy - (2d6)[4]

Info
    Spoiler
    Show

Rest of the groups actions is needed, and then I'll insert the newcomer for this next round
    Last edited by Bronz; 2008-01-08 at 12:19 PM.

19. - Top - End - #349

Wilarmis

Wilarmis absentmindedly throws a Web at the dragon-giant (Reflex DC 21) while studying his new opponent.
    ·Bitzeralisis·

20. - Top - End - #350

SolithKnightGuy

The web engulfs the older giant, the dragon-giant, and Pel in it's gigantic 40' burst. It also seals off the rest of the cave from immediate access.

Spoiler
    Show

giant reflex - (1d20+9)[23]
    dragon-giant - (1d20+8)[13]

Pel needs to make a roll as well.

21. - Top - End - #351
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+19)[29]
    I believe the save is almost guaranteed... :D

22. - Top - End - #352

Harpist
    Hp 59/78, AC 23, Init 14

Harpist calmly walks up to one of the fire giants that fell over (preferably the one that had hurt him earlier), and checks to see if it is truly dead.
    If it is, then he will play a short dirge on his harp, a wrenchingly sad tune that attempts to enchain the life force of the giant to its own body without the soul.
    If it isn't, then he'll play a different tune on the harp, a more destructive tune.

Spoiler
    Show
    If the fire giant is dead, invoke The Dead Walk, raising it as a skeleton. The skeleton will last for 13 minutes since he didn't use any material components.
    If the fire giant is still alive, invoke Sickening Chain on it to also hit the half-dragon if it's close enough.

[Eldritch Blast: To hit 19 & 16 touch; 32 damage to 'dead' giant, 16 damage to half-dragon.]
    Plus the usual DC 21 fort save or be sickened.
    ---

23. - Top - End - #353
    Troll in the Playground

The Bone Devil and Ertoth's skeleton move next to Elzaon, who full attacks the dragon-giant with his bow. Due to him being hasted, it's a very formidable volley.

(1d20+24)[41]
    (1d20+24)[25]
    (1d20+19)[32]
    (1d20+14)[34]

(1d8+4)[11]
    (1d8+4)[7]
    (1d8+4)[7]
    (1d8+4)[6]

24. - Top - End - #354

SolithKnightGuy

The web fills part of the corridor and most of the area beyond, sticking this red scaled fire giant where he is. The other giant, the latecomer, receives arrows to the face as a thank you for not getting involved earlier, and ends up eating web, getting stuck in it as he falls over, seemingly dead.

The child giant then seems to have had enough, as he goes into a murderous rage, his face becoming a mask of pure hatred and determination, with smoke actually coming out of his nose.

Why have you done this? What have you to do with US? As he says these words, he lets loose a fiery breath that engulfs everything that is in front of it in a giant cone, including the web.

Spoiler
    Show

The half-giant breathes a cone of fire 30' out, essentially eliminating the front side web.

The new giant skeleton, the harpist, and Pel need reflex saves.

fire breathe - (6d8)[25]

25. - Top - End - #355
    Troll in the Playground

Elzaon's face is a mask of stone cold determination and logic.

Listen kid. You have no hope of beating us. That's not me trying to break you down, or build myself up. It's the truth. We're adventurers, and good ones at that. I'm a powerful cleric of Nerull, and my friends are powerful wizards, bards, and fighters. Together, we're pretty tough to beat. I'd wager we've killed more creatures than years you've been alive.

Now, you can ignore what I'm saying, or you can listen up. We've killed some of your tribe members, including your chief. He's next to me, the skeleton in case you haven't noticed. But don't worry. While my companions might be a bit more bloodthirsty than I am, we all have the same goal. You aren't our target, at least, I don't think so. You're too old. Our mission is to bring back a pregnant woman of your tribe to our employer. Alive. We'll leave you and your tribe alone, and if you supply us with the diamonds or gold neccessary, I'll even ressurect one or two of the giants we've killed.

So you have a choice to make. Surrender, and allow us to take the woman with us, and we will leave you alone, and won't harm any more of you. As I said, we'll even ressurect a few of those we killed and I'll personally heal any of your wounded. Or, you can keep fighting, and we will kill you, and every one of your tribe that gets in our way. And while the one we seek will return to our employer alive, I can't guarantee she's arive unharmed.

The members of the party may realize that his normal demeanor is gone, having been replaced by his "demon" persona.

26. - Top - End - #356

Wilarmis

Wilarmis processes what Elzaon has just said. Thoughts rage through his mind. His brain works at its highest capacity to think of a follow-up. Slowly, words form on his lips:

"Yeah, what he said."

So much for all that suspense.

[Actions will come later if necessary.]
    ·Bitzeralisis·

27. - Top - End - #357

SolithKnightGuy

With a fury the complete opposite of the dark elf's cool demeanor, the "child" shouts back.

*That may be true, whoever you are. You may slay all those here, or even me, but you will not slay my Father, and you will not have either of the two pregnant in this tribe. Especially not my mother!*

He then flies into an impotent fury, swiping at what is left of the web around him. He does not aim for anyone, although Pel is standing right there. After that, he assumes what must be a defensive position for him.

28. - Top - End - #358

Wilarmis

Still using his fake slow-thought and vague face, Wilarmis puts a Telepathic Bond over the party. He tumbles the dragon-giant's words around in his mind for a while, building up his rage and cold hated before spitting the phrase: "Ugh. Lagumeplanthey Nekaltha'las Uraginemos'il Blasparemi. I just hate that!" Vagueness broken and slow-thought gone, Wilarmis gets angry just at the remark of the kid's devotion to his parents. "My parents were killed by the dragons who they thought were protecting them. I trust not many, especially not a freakin' DRAGON!"

Stupid kid! I hate kids! Do everything you can to lower his defenses, and he shall feel the power of my Enervation!

Wilarmis twitches angrily.
    ·Bitzeralisis·

29. - Top - End - #359
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Reflex again: (1d20+19)[37]

30. - Top - End - #360
    Troll in the Playground

Ertoth's skeleton and the Bone Devil move into position to attack the child and attack him.

(1d20+18)[20]
    (3d6+17)[26]

Bite (1d20+14)[29]
    (1d8+5)[11]

Elzaon full attacks with his bow again, raining a volley down upon the child.

(1d20+24)[43]
    (1d20+24)[33]
    (1d20+19)[32]
    (1d20+14)[27]

(1d8+4)[7]
    (1d8+4)[6]
    (1d8+4)[11]
    (1d8+4)[11]