New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Barbarian in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

amused Sky-Iron Sword! (Savage Builds)

So, Adam Savage of Mythbusters fame has his new show out on the Discovery Channel, and it's even more explodier than ever. Well 3 out of the 4 so far anyway.

It's not like Mythbusters where they would do multiple projects per show, this one has his team just doing one thing. Although Episode 3 with the Mad Max Melee had 2 other teams building cars for a Mad Max inspired sort of demolition derby. Plus they showed some of the Mad Max reenactors' car from the Wasteland Weekend folks.
    https://www.wastelandweekend.com/

The latest episode has them forging a sword, "Excalibur" out of an iron meteor. No explosions, but lots of fire. I don't know what the budget for this show is, but I'm guessing a 5-10 pound meteor does not come cheap. Or the first show where they 3D printed an Iron-Man suit, from the rendering for the movie's suit, out of laser-sintered titanium.

Episode 2 with the "Wheel of Death" was pretty meh. The Panjandrum was already one of the stupidest "super-weapons" of WWII, and they didn't manage to significantly improve it.

So far, I give it a definite recommend rating.

Add: Next week's episode is "Nitro Explode-aganza". I can hardly wait.
    Last edited by brionl; 2019-07-07 at 01:12 AM.
    'F' is the fire that rains from the Sky
    'U' for Uranium, BOMB!
    'N' is for No Survivors...