New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Dragon in the Playground Moderator

Default Re: Book 6: Utterly Dwarfed (+2020 Calendar) now w/ reduced shipping to Europe + Cana

Quote Originally Posted by Emanick View Post
    Just got my shipping notice! I’m guessing I’m one of the last to get it out of everyone who ordered the book by itself, since I thought I preordered but apparently forgot to do so (I was waiting on my main payday of the year before ordering, and it was late, so by the time it finally arrived I must have forgotten that I hadn’t ordered the book yet).

How long did everyone else have to wait between their shipping email and the book’s arrival? I’m having a hard time resisting the temptation to skip the wait and just buy the PDF.
    I live closer to Texas than you, so my answer wouldn't be terribly helpful.

But two days.
    Last edited by Peelee; 2019-12-13 at 10:49 PM.
    Cuthalion's art is the prettiest art of all the art. Like my avatar.

Number of times Roland St. Jude has sworn revenge upon me: 2

2. - Top - End - #212
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Book 6: Utterly Dwarfed (+2020 Calendar) now w/ reduced shipping to Europe + Cana

Quote Originally Posted by BrotherHanson View Post
    I tried with both Chrome and Safari on a Mac. The only difference is the filename of the empty text file that gets downloaded. With Chrome it's `OOTS06_UtterlyDwarfed_DigitalEdition_v1.txt` and with Safari it's `OOTS06_UtterlyDwarfed_DigitalEdition_v1.pdf.txt`.

I have downloaded the other OOTS PDFs from Gumroad just fine in the past using the same computer.

jt
    Have you tried editing the entire filename to change the .txt to .pdf?
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Also, as a rule of thumb, if you find yourself defending your inalienable right to make someone else feel like garbage, you're on the wrong side of the argument.
    Currently playing as Atalanta/Artemis in Arcran's Pocket Monsters Online! (OOC|IC)

3. - Top - End - #213

Quote Originally Posted by GrayGriffin View Post
    Have you tried editing the entire filename to change the .txt to .pdf?
    For me at least, the .txt file size is 0.

4. - Top - End - #214

I haven't got a mail about Utterly Dwarfed yet and the book is not in my Gumroad library either, even though I preordered it.

I got a mail for the calendar and could download it, the calendar is also in my library.
    Ares - Music and sounds system for roleplaying

5. - Top - End - #215
    Giant in the Playground Administrator

I will try to go through and troubleshoot people's problems with the PDFs on Tuesday; I'm dealing with family obligations today and tomorrow. But I did make a change on my end to the file so if you had trouble downloading, you might want to give it another shot.

Calendars didn't arrive until yesterday. Ookoodook is shipping them now. Calendar printer gave me a 15% refund, which is not enough to make me ever use them ever again, since they couldn't even give me faster shipping for roughly the same amount of money even though I had asked.
    Rich Burlew

Now Available: 2023 OOTS Holiday Ornament plus a big pile of new t-shirt designs (that you can also get on mugs and stuff)!

~~You can also support The Order of the Stick and the GITP forum at Patreon.~~

6. - Top - End - #216

Sounds like this our last calendar, then. A shame, as I really like the larger size artwork.

7. - Top - End - #217
    Pixie in the Playground

Just read the update Rich posted a few days ago, as I was mildly worried something had gone wrong with the shipping to the UK - that it's delayed because of the bulk shipment is fine, as long as I haven't screwed up my order somewhere along the line :)

Thanks for the update... waiting on my two books ( no calendar sadly, could only afford 2 out of the 3 and the books were priority as like others, I fell in love with the dead tree format thanks to the kickstarter) (also can't believe said kickstarter was so long ago now)

8. - Top - End - #218
    Pixie in the Playground

Imp

Quote Originally Posted by BrotherHanson View Post
    I have an issue with the Gumroad purchase that I haven't seen mentioned yet. I got the email and link, and when I go to my library (via the website), I can *read* the book just fine. But when I try to download it's just an empty text file named `OOTS06_UtterlyDwarfed_DigitalEdition_v1.txt`. I bought via pre-order.

This isn't urgent for me; I also got the hardcopy book (which is great, of course!). But I thought I'd air it just in case others are having a problem.
    Whatever the issue was, Gumroad appears to have fixed it since I was able to download the PDF just now. Thanks!

(I had missed the most recent reply when I posted this, so it's probably whatever The Giant did that fixed it. Also thanks!)
    Last edited by BrotherHanson; 2019-12-14 at 03:14 PM.

9. - Top - End - #219
    Pixie in the Playground

DruidGuy

Calendars didn't arrive until yesterday. Ookoodook is shipping them now. Calendar printer gave me a 15% refund, which is not enough to make me ever use them ever again, since they couldn't even give me faster shipping for roughly the same amount of money even though I had asked.
    This explains why I haven't received any email from Ookoodook yet - I ordered both the printed book and calendar. Do you think there still is at least a slim chance of the book arriving to Czech Republic (central Europe, part of EU) before Christmas (24th)? I still have a flicker of hope left
    Last edited by Falkenstein; 2019-12-15 at 03:44 AM.

10. - Top - End - #220
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfPirate

Quote Originally Posted by Falkenstein View Post
    This explains why I haven't received any email from Ookoodook yet - I ordered both the printed book and calendar. Do you think there still is at least a slim chance of the book arriving to Czech Republic (central Europe, part of EU) before Christmas (24th)? I still have a flicker of hope left
    Absolutely not. Abandon all hope ye who enter here.

Bulk is cheaper because it is slower. Getting to dates where even domestic post can't guarantee postcards arriving before Xmas so I wouldn't hold my breath on international shipping of packages.

Just keep in mind, the one who waits for something good never waits too long (not sure if that's a saying that translates well into English, as kids one would always change that never to always too).
    Last edited by snowblizz; 2019-12-16 at 08:36 AM.

11. - Top - End - #221
    Pixie in the Playground

DruidGuy

Quote Originally Posted by snowblizz View Post
    Absolutely not. Abandon all hope ye who enter here.

Bulk is cheaper because it is slower. Getting to dates where even domestic post can't guarantee postcards arriving before Xmas so I wouldn't hold my breath on international shipping of packages.

Just keep in mind, the one who waits for something good never waits too long (not sure if that's a saying that translates well into English, as kids one would always change that never to always too).
    Well said! As I still didn't get any email from Ookoodook, I guess all hope is gone now, but on the the other hand at least I'll have something to look forward to after the Christmas :)

Just for fun: this delay is in quite a sharp contrast with a similarly small book eshop in Germany - there I ordered a new book last Friday, got an email that presumed delivery date is this Thursday. On Saturday I got an email where they apologized for changing the delivery date - they changed it to this Wednesday... and the book actually arrived today (Monday morning) :D

12. - Top - End - #222
    Ettin in the Playground

Got an email from Ookoodook this morning that my order had shipped. (I bought the book and the calendar.)

13. - Top - End - #223

Good, hopefully that means mine will be out the door in the next day or too, so I can have it to read in the car next week (my wife insists on driving for long road trips, so I have free time).

14. - Top - End - #224
    Troll in the Playground

I ordered only the book, and I still have not gotten my email from ookoodook
    Quote Originally Posted by Requilac View Post
    Wow, i can’t believe it, WotC actually made the rules compatible for a situation in which an ape demon is leaping into the air to knock a vampire out of a Poylmorphed T-rex’s jaws who is flying 120 feet above the ground.
    Amazing Avatar by Smutmulch

15. - Top - End - #225
    Dwarf in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Rogar Demonblud View Post
    Sounds like this our last calendar, then. A shame, as I really like the larger size artwork.
    The Giant said that he won't work with that printer again. There are other printers out there, so there is a chance he will find one that can print the calendars next year. Though, it's a long time until then, so who knows...

16. - Top - End - #226
    Dwarf in the Playground

Daemon

I guess the bulk order to Europe is still not in its way?

17. - Top - End - #227

Quote Originally Posted by Armitage View Post
    The Giant said that he won't work with that printer again. There are other printers out there, so there is a chance he will find one that can print the calendars next year. Though, it's a long time until then, so who knows...
    He's also had problems with the calendars pretty much from the beginning, and has remarked they aren't remunerative. Up thread, he also said he's considering discontinuing them--and that was before the extra aggravation.

18. - Top - End - #228
    Orc in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBV View Post
    I guess the bulk order to Europe is still not in its way?
    I got an e-mail. The calendars arrived on Dec 13th, they and all other non-"Utterly Dwarfed" books will be sent to the Utterly Dwarf printers in Ohio. Orders to Canada should arrive in Canada on January 10th, orders to Europe should arrive in Germany sometime "later in January".

It's a little disappointing, since the other books I ordered along with Dwarfed were going to be Christmas gifts, but nothing to be done about that.

19. - Top - End - #229
    Colossus in the Playground

BlackDragon

Yeah, I got the same e-mail as Stabbey, so looks like late January or even sometime in February for the European orders. I don't think we can really complain about that, the Giant and Ookoodook worked hard to find some method of getting the European deliveries done at a lower cost, we should probably have expected they wouldn't be quite as fast.

20. - Top - End - #230

Quote Originally Posted by factotum View Post
    Yeah, I got the same e-mail as Stabbey, so looks like late January or even sometime in February for the European orders. I don't think we can really complain about that, the Giant and Ookoodook worked hard to find some method of getting the European deliveries done at a lower cost, we should probably have expected they wouldn't be quite as fast.
    I'm disappointed nonetheless...
    My personal folder is a graveyard of ideas, stuck in their dream phase.
    The "DM won't kill us" attitude is a bubble that sometimes needs to be bursted.
    There's an armor variant rule in UA that will drastically increase character survivability without completely bubble-wrapping them in plot invulnerability
    Throphies won:
    Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #231
    Pixie in the Playground

DruidGuy

Quote Originally Posted by factotum View Post
    Agreed, and I'm pretty happy about the cost reduction - that was a great job. Still, provided the calendar was supposed to arrive to Ookoodook on 4th of December (or so I presume, based on Giant's recent update from 2nd of December), and they would have started shipping it out during the same week at the earliest. In the aforementioned email today they mentioned it would take about three weeks to arrive in Canada and more for Europe. Presuming the Christmas and New Year's Eve somewhat delay the delivery, let's say it would take one week less without the calendar printer delay. However, even in that case it would arrive to Canada dangerously close to Christmas (guessing wildly here, so I can be wrong). For Europe, though, it seems clear that it just was not possible to deliver it before Christmas even in a best-case scenario. That leads to suspicion that Ookoodook had to know delivering to Europe before Christmas was impossible, but chose not to tell us in advance.

Don't take me wrong - I would have ordered both the book and calendar anyway, but withholding this quite crucial information just feels unfair and I'd feel far better with more openness. But maybe I'm naive with overseas shipping (I'm in central Europe) and hoping that a shipment could arrive in two weeks was too much to begin with :)

22. - Top - End - #232
    Pixie in the Playground

AssassinGuy

If I preorder to europe now, it still shows the higher shipping prices? Do I still get a refund later on?

23. - Top - End - #233
    Dwarf in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Rogar Demonblud View Post
    Up thread, he also said he's considering discontinuing them--and that was before the extra aggravation.
    Ok, I guess I missed that comment by the Giant.

24. - Top - End - #234
    Dwarf in the Playground

Daemon

Also got the email (Europe here) that seems to indicate I'll get my books by late january. A pity they aren't here for Xmas but it's perfectly understandable and I'm happy, considering the cost reduction and the logistics complications with those calendars.

25. - Top - End - #235
    Ettin in the Playground

No email yet (Utterly Dwarfed and Calendar pre-ordered), and I'm in the states. Not even in my Spam folder.

Hopefully soon!
    Warhammer 40,000 Campaign Skirmish Game: Warpstrike
    My Spelljammer stuff (including an orbit tracker), 2E AD&D spreadsheet, and Vault of the Drow maps are available in my Dropbox. Feel free to use or not use it as you see fit!
    Thri-Kreen Ranger/Psionicist by me, based off of Rich's A Monster for Every Season

26. - Top - End - #236
    Orc in the Playground

RogueGuy

At this point I'm just happy the calanders made it to the warehouse at all. That was aggravating for everyone.
    Now, Back to Lurking!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant
    I think I'm going to defer to his wiser judgment in this case, because I'm probably going to keep writing responses and that will only lead to me getting myself in trouble somehow.
    - I should follow this advice more often.

Belkar's Death Countdown best guess: 31/49 days used before Belkar is gone forever more! - updated to morning at 1190!

Hey, its the Blog where I write! Dice Roles

27. - Top - End - #237

Quote Originally Posted by Ornithologist View Post
    That was aggravating for everyone.
    Well, not for the people who got the digital version. To be fair, though, I don't see it as a calendar (since I don't use it at all), I see it as bonus cool art and jokes.

28. - Top - End - #238
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Peelee View Post
    Well, not for the people who got the digital version. To be fair, though, I don't see it as a calendar (since I don't use it at all), I see it as bonus cool art and jokes.
    It has been surprisingly useful at teaching my small child the concept of time, though. Every time they wonder when X will happen, when it is more than a day away ("tomorrow" they understand, but anything after that... is still "tomorrow"), we point to the relevant positions and tell them "we are here, X will happen there, so you need to sleep N times".

Grey Wolf
    Interested in MitD? Join us in MitD's thread.
    There is a world of imagination
    Deep in the corners of your mind
    Where reality is an intruder
    And myth and legend thrive
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Ceterum autem censeo Hilgya malefica est

29. - Top - End - #239

Quote Originally Posted by cwebb View Post
    If I preorder to europe now, it still shows the higher shipping prices? Do I still get a refund later on?
    Probably not. You may (possibly literally) have missed the boat.

Quote Originally Posted by Grey_Wolf_c View Post
    It has been surprisingly useful at teaching my small child the concept of time, though. Every time they wonder when X will happen, when it is more than a day away ("tomorrow" they understand, but anything after that... is still "tomorrow"), we point to the relevant positions and tell them "we are here, X will happen there, so you need to sleep N times".
    Whereupon, they immediately go for a nap?

30. - Top - End - #240

Sounds like a win-win in my book.