New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Blood, Steel, and Fire Arena: rs2excelsior IC

Level 1: Welcome to the Arena Ausir Stormblood and
    Arleigh Wycliffe
    !

Why you're here, no one knows. All you know is that to survive, you must overcome all that stands in your way, pushing on to find a way out. And your first obstacle is but a mere wall. A dank, slick, fifteen foot wall looming in front of you in the dark...

Spoiler
    Show

Ok, here we go! Here is the Arena Map

The Wall is a DC15(T) and Slippery(Disadvantage) This part of the is considered to to be drenched in Shadowy Light(30' normal vision, 60' low-light vision, 90' darkvision). Shadowy Light causes Disadvantage on Perception(Spot) Checks.

We'll start going round by round, either character can act first. When initiative is required, I'll roll it and we'll go from there. Once a Wave is complete, characters will benefit from Catching their Breath and I'll rearrange positions and trigger Wave 2. And so on and So forth.

This Arena will be pretty brutal for 1st level characters and they will not survive, neither will the level 5 variants. I believe it is possible for the level 10 variants to survive it and I predict even odds for the level 20s to make it through all the waves.

Also, your character is assume to have left their Rucksack behind and have their Satchel, Belt Pouches, Misc Items, and any Equipped Armor/Shields/Weapons.

Spoiler: Sample Post
    Show

Name

You describe what you're doing like this. "You speak like this." and you Think like this.

Spoiler: Mechanical Stuff Goes Here
    Show

Action Count: Action Description and Rolls
    1:
    2:
    3:

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Default Re: Blood, Steel, and Fire Arena: rs2excelsior IC

Arleigh and Ausir

The masked man and the dwarf approach the wall. In another place, another life, they'd be at each others throats--but both understand that they must rely on the other to have any chance of surviving.

"You think you can make it up that?"

Ausir scowls. "I doubt it. Not with this armor on, at least. You?"

"Not the first wall I've had to jump," Arleigh replies with a smirk. "And this time I don't have the constables after me..." He takes a step back, rubs his hands together, and with a short dash he leaps up towards the top of the wall.

Spoiler: Actions
    Show
    Arleigh will make an acrobatics check to climb the wall, then drop a rope for Ausir.

Climb (disadvantage): (1d20+6)[25] (1d20+6)[19]

Once Arleigh is at the top, he will knot his rope, tie it off to himself (or to a secure place up top if there is one) and drop it down. What will that do to the check for Ausir? In the section on climbing it says a knotted rope is DC 15 (T), does that reduce at all since he has a wall to brace against? Because if not Ausir can't make it over on his own, Arleigh is going to have to haul him up.

What is the nature of the ground we're standing on? If it's considered raw earth Ausir can perhaps make a bit of a ramp, but I imagine it's at least packed.
    I'm playing Ironsworn, an RPG that you can run solo - and I'm putting the campaign up on GitP!

Most recent update: Chapter 6: Devastation

-----

A worldbuilding project, still work in progress: Reign of the Corven

Most recent update: another look at magic traditions!

3. - Top - End - #3

Putting himself to the task Arleigh manages the first third of the wall without difficulty...

Spoiler
    Show

5' progress. 10' to go. 2 Actions Left. If you say that Ausir gave Arleigh a boost, that will net you another 5' and you've only got 5' left.

Once Arleigh is up, he can tie the rope off or wedge it around rock, or if strong enough secure it himself, that will turn the climb into a Rope and Wall or DC10(-) check for Ausir.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Sure, Ausir can boost Arleigh

Subsequent actions:
    2: Climb: (1d20+6)[23] (1d20+6)[23]
    3: still Climbin': (1d20+6)[14] (1d20+6)[20]

Assuming Arleigh makes it up:
    He'll tie off the rope, since I kind of doubt with 2 strength it's a great idea for him to just hang on to it (do I need to roll to secure it, or is that something I can just do?)

Ausir:
    1: Climb (1d20)[3] (1d20)[13]
    2: More Climbing (1d20)[14] (1d20)[8]
    3: Even More Climbing (1d20)[2] (1d20)[8]

EDIT: well... Ausir is making no progress at all, looks like
    Last edited by rs2excelsior; 2019-10-01 at 05:32 PM.
    I'm playing Ironsworn, an RPG that you can run solo - and I'm putting the campaign up on GitP!

-----

5. - Top - End - #5

With a boost from Ausir, Arliegh is able to scale with wall in a matter of seconds, making short work of the slippery stone. After he crests the wall he is focused on finding a place to secure the rope for Ausir when he heard it, the unmistakable wingbeat of Stirges taking off...

Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler: Knowledge Monsters
    Show

Stirges are horrid large monster mosquitoes, the size of a man's hand, that try and suck the life out of anything they can. Stirges abandon their quarry when sated and attacks by single Stirges are rarely fatal. But everyone has hear the stories of finding a cow drained dry by a pack of them.

Stirges are Minuscule, have 1WP, 0HP, 18Def, and if they deal WP damage will latch on and force Con Saves to avoid being Drained. Upon Drained, the Stirge will abandon its quarry.

Round 2 Surprise Round

Four stirged, a pair on either side of Arleigh take off from their hidden places on the walls and ceiling of the dank, dark dungeon...

Show

Arleigh makes it up over the wall with the boost and the two successful Climb Checks.

Spoiler: Initiative!
    Show

Ausir(1d20+2)[4]
    Arleigh[roll]1d20+3[roll]

Stirges
    1: [roll]1d20+5[roll]
    2: [roll]1d20+5[roll]
    3: [roll]1d20+5[roll]
    4: [roll]1d20+5[roll]

The Stirges Stealth(Hide and Move Silently) are better than Arleigh's Passive Perception, Arleigh is Surprised. The surprise round is only a single Action which all of the Stirges used to get in the air.

6. - Top - End - #6

Spoiler
    Show

Long day and copypasting an error propagates error.

Ausir 4
    Arleigh(1d20+3)[4]

Stirges
    1: (1d20+5)[22]
    2: (1d20+5)[17]
    3: (1d20+5)[20]
    4: (1d20+5)[12]

Initiative
    Stirge 1
    Stirge 3
    Stirge 2
    Stirge 4
    Arleigh
    Ausir

That is one of the worst initiatives i've seen in a while, a true you go we go.
    Last edited by Zman; 2019-10-01 at 08:14 PM.

7. - Top - End - #7

Round 2

Stirges

Caught flat-footed by the blood-sucking demon mosquitoes, Arliegh is swarmed... but managed to avoid letting any of the bastards stick him...

Spoiler
    Show

As Arleigh has not acted yet he is Flatfooted. This could be a bit ugly.

Stirge 1
    1.0 Move(Fly)
    2.0 Attack Arleigh(1d20+3)[15] for (1d2)[1] PiercingHit 1 damage reduced to a minimum of 1 HP damage by armor's HR
    3.0 Move(Fly) *No Attack of Opportunity due to Flyby attack

Stirge 3
    1.0 Move(Fly)
    2.0 Attack Arleigh(1d20+3)[7] for (1d2)[1] PiercingMiss

Stirge 2
    1.0 Move(Fly)
    2.0 Attack Arleigh(1d20+3)[18] for (1d2)[2] PiercingHit 2 Damage reduced to 1 HP damage by armor's HR

Stirge 4
    1.0 Move(Fly)
    2.0 Attack Arleigh(1d20+3)[20] for (1d2)[1] PiercingHit: 1 Damage reduced to a minmium of 1 HP damage by armor's HR

You're up!

Initiative
    Stirge 1
    Stirge 3
    Stirge 2
    Stirge 4
    Arleigh
    Ausir

Last edited by Zman; 2019-10-02 at 07:21 AM.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

"Gah!" Arleigh hurls a string of curses and epithets at the creatures as they harass him. "Get off me! Damn it, Dwarf, you better get up here!"

"Got some of them down here!" Ausir calls back. "Got to handle them first!"

Abandoning the rope, Arleigh and Ausir both move in to engage.

Show
    Arleigh:

1/2 action (x2): draw daggers
    1/2 action: step to I4
    1 action: two-weapon attack vs S3 (at -3 penalty): (1d20)[20] (1d20)[17]
    Damage: (1d4+2)[4]
    That's 2.5 actions, and I don't think there's anything else useful I can do with the last one.

Ausir:
    1/2 action: draw warhammer
    1 action: attack S4: (1d20+2)[10]
    Damage: (1d8+2)[8]
    1 action: Manifest a firebolt--at S4 if the warhammer fails to kill it, at S2 otherwise (I realize this will provoke an AoO, hopefully one will be splatted already).
    2 Power expended
    Dex Save DC: 13 (I think: 10+1/2 Will ranks +1/2 Power ranks should be 10+2+1)
    Damage: (1d4+1)[5]
    Concentration Check vs AoO: (1d20+5)[12]
    And again, 2.5 actions and not much to spend the last half action on.

-----

9. - Top - End - #9

Arleigh steps past the bloost-stained hallway and snaps out with its pair of daggers slaughtering the first of the giant mosquitoes...

Spoiler
    Show

S3 is dead, no need to roll damage, they have 1 WP.

Ausir can't attack with his warhammer, he is actually 15' below them, but that firebolt works. That leaves him 1.5 Actions, I'll count it as a Readies Attack for you.

Speaking of which, here is its Dex Save(1d20+10)[14] vs DC13(Yep, you calculated that correctly) Ouch, these things are Miniscule and dex based, pretty much the hardest thing to hit with a firebolt around.

Last edited by Zman; 2019-10-01 at 09:38 PM.

10. - Top - End - #10

Round 3

Stirges

A pair of Stirges swarms down after Ausir leaving just one to harass Arleigh... Ausir tries to time a strike on an incoming stirge but misses, managing to avoid the bloodsuckers in return. Arliegh barely manages to evade the horrid piercing proboscis of his stirge by a breadth of luck no thicker than his hair...

Spoiler
    Show

Stirge 1
    1.0 Move(Fly)
    2.0 Attack Arleigh (1d20+3)[23] for [roll[1d2[/roll] Piercing Critical Hit: Arleigh gets a DC10 Luck Save(1d20 + Luck Ranks) to negate the critical.
    3.0 Move(Fly)

Stirge 2
    1.0 Move(Fly)
    Triggers AoO from Ausir (1d20+2)[15] for Kill MissHit 1HP
    2.0 Attack Aursir (1d20+3)[13] for [roll[1d2[/roll] Piercing
    3.0 Move(Fly)

Stirge 4
    1.0 Move(Fly)
    2.0 Attack Ausir (1d20+3)[18] for [roll[1d2[/roll] PiercingHit 1HP
    3.0 Move(Fly)

Ausir used a Reaction. Reactions's 1/2 Action cost is paid for on their next turn.

Initiative
    Stirge 1
    Stirge 2
    Stirge 4
    Arleigh
    Ausir

Last edited by Zman; 2019-10-02 at 07:21 AM.

11. - Top - End - #11

Spoiler
    Show

Missed Damage roll for S1 (1d2)[1] Piercing and if the critical is not negated the (1d2)[1] additional Piercing Damage. Each damage type has a specific critical effect, Piercing is the only one that deals an additional die of damage. Crit Negated, no additional damage and the hit only deals 1HP

Arleigh's Luck Save (1d20+5)[19] vs DC10 If Areleigh fails, his armor save (1d100)[77] Success, Critical Negated

Last edited by Zman; 2019-10-01 at 09:51 PM.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Arleigh spins about as the first of the creatures is hacked out of the air, grim smile hidden by his mask. A stream of dwarven cursing rises up from below as the other two stirges dodge Ausir's efforts.

Show
    Arleigh:
    0.5: step to J4
    1.5: attack S1 with both daggers: (1d20)[10] (1d20)[19]
    2.5: continue attacking OR if S1 is dead throw a dagger at S4
    melee attacks: (1d20-4)[5] (1d20-4)[-3]
    OR
    thrown attack: (1d20-1)[3]
    3.0: if he throws a dagger, draw another one (he has 4 on his person total). Otherwise no action.

Ausir:
    0.5: Reaction
    1.0: switch grip to 2H (not that it really matters, but I don't particularly want to keep wasting power chucking firebolts at these things
    2.0: Ready an attack if one dives close enough: (1d20+2)[18]
    no further action (possible suggestion: add a defensive action that could increase defense by a bit for a character that doesn't go all out attacking?)

-----

13. - Top - End - #13

With a deft step and spin Arleigh cleaves yet another of the dexterous vermin out of the air with his left blade. With a turn he flings his right over the ledge and misses one of the stirges by a wide margin... again a narrow miss, but the effort is starting to wear on him...

Round 4

Readying himself for another pass, Ausir tightens both hands on his hammer and is ready and when the time was right he struck, smashing the incoming enemy out of the air...

Stirges

Having a dagger thrown at it is apparently enough to draw the attention of a strirge and the last remaining one darts back up the wall to make another darting run at Arleigh...

Spoiler
    Show

Nice round, Arleigh has been murderous with those daggers and I loved the throw. Arleigh could have thrown both, TWF is not restricted to melee attacks only. You can really build a strong thrower with throwing daggers, TWF, Quick Draw/Quick Throw, and the Thrown Weapon Expert and Thrown Weapon Master feat.

Ausir comes through with the readied action, solid. The action you are looking for was Parry. Gives you a 20% cover save against melee attacks, similar but worse than raising a shield. Characters have three main ways to increase their defenses against attacks: 1: Action to Move or 1/2 Action Step to get behind cover vs Ranged; 2: Reaction or 1/2 Action to Take Cover vs Ranged 3: Action to Parry or 1/2 Action to Raise a Shield vs Melee

S4
    1.0 Move(Fly)
    2.0 Attack Arleigh (1d20+3)[18] for (1d2)[1] Piercing Hit: 1HP
    3.0 Move(Fly)
    Last edited by Zman; 2019-10-02 at 07:38 AM.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

"Grab that for me, would you?" Arleigh calls down to the dwarf. Ausir grumbles, but he's glad that the creature isn't bothering him at the moment. Without much better to do, the dwarf complies.

Show
    Arleigh:
    1.0: Move to L3
    2.0: Attack with both daggers: (1d20)[6] (1d20)[6]
    3.0: And again: (1d20-4)[14] (1d20-4)[3]

Ausir:
    Can I just say he retrieves Arleigh's dagger? He doesn't have much he can do from down here at the moment.

I didn't see the parry action, that's what I was looking for. Good to know!

-----

15. - Top - End - #15

Despite the two easy kills, this stirge is proving to more difficult for Arleigh to dispatch...

Round 5

Stirge

The final stirge makes another kamakazee run at Arleigh... but Arleigh is more than able to to pirouette away...

Spoiler
    Show

Yep, Ausir can just retrieve the dagger.

Oh, and the defensive action I forgot to mention is Dive which as a Reaction applies Disadvantage to the triggering attack or gives Advantage to the triggering save. IRL play they are a ton of fun, for PBP they are a bit cumbersome. Even the separate Cover/Armor Saves play very fast on the table, faster than trying to add modifiers for cover etc.

S4
    1.0 Move(Fly)
    2.0 Attack Arleigh (1d20+3)[12] for (1d2)[1] Piercing Damage
    3.0 Move(Fly)

Initiative
    Stirge 4
    Arleigh
    Ausir

Last edited by Zman; 2019-10-02 at 07:48 PM.

16. - Top - End - #16
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Arleigh hisses as he narrowly avoids the stirge's attack.

"How's that rope coming?"

Arleigh takes a moment to consider--it would be helpful to have the dwarf up the wall sooner rather than later. "Coming up." He quickly scopes out a suitable outcrop, tucks his blades under his arm, and sets to work lowering the rope down.

Show
    Arleigh:
    1.0: Retrieve rope from pack
    2.0: Secure rope & drop
    3.0: Draw daggers

Ausir:
    All actions: climb!
    (1d20)[17] (1d20)[4]
    (1d20)[9] (1d20)[16]
    (1d20)[3] (1d20)[15]

If fewer than 3 actions are required for Ausir to make it up, he'll ready an attack if the stirge makes a pass: (1d20+2)[20]

EDIT: Welp... no progress whatsoever...
    Last edited by rs2excelsior; 2019-10-02 at 08:18 PM.

-----

17. - Top - End - #17

Round 6

Stirge

Again, the stirge dives at Arleigh... and the distraction of dealing with the rope nearly cost him his lifeblood...

Spoiler
    Show

The climb checks wouldn't have been at Disadvantage, I'm saying he's climbing the rope and not the wall. So at DC 10 taking those first three checks puts it as 1 success, so 5/15' progress.

S4
    1.0 Move(Fly)
    2.0 Attack Arleigh (1d20+3)[20] for (1d2)[1] Piercing Hit: 1HP
    3.0 Move(Fly)

Initiative
    Stirge 4
    Arleigh
    Ausir

Last edited by Zman; 2019-10-02 at 08:45 PM.

18. - Top - End - #18
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

"Hurry up," Arleigh calls down as Ausir struggles to make it up the slick surface. He closes in once more as Ausir makes another go at climbing the wall.

Show
    Arleigh:
    1.0: move to J4
    2.0: Attack (twf): (1d20)[18] (1d20)[10]
    3.0: Attack (twf): (1d20-4)[16] (1d20-4)[3]

Ausir:
    all actions: climb
    (1d20)[1] (1d20)[9]
    (1d20)[17] (1d20)[14]
    (1d20)[17] (1d20)[3]

If he does make it up with an action left over, I assume he'll be in J3, so he will attack: (1d20+2)[9]

-----

19. - Top - End - #19

This time Arleigh was able to anticipate the stirge's reactions ensuring his blade was there to meet it, cleaving it in two... finally free of the immediate threat Arleigh gets a better look at his surroundings, immediately noticing the bloodstained hallway and the poorly hidden arrow slits lining the hallway.

Ausir makes slow but steady progress up the wall...

Round 7

Spoiler
    Show

Stirges are dead, Areleight has 1 Action left in Round 6. He notices the trapped hallway, we'll use his final action to Seek on the hallway. He can reasonably assume it would be based on pressure plates, but he does not have a way to identify or disarm them without setting them off. Essentially, he has a high enough passive perception, even at disadvantage for the shadowy light, to notice the trap. But he doesn't meet the requisite proficiency gate in Trapwork to be able to bypass the trap. Knowing the trap is there will allow him spend actions to trigger the trap, but will grant him Advantage on the save.

Every 5' square of the hallway will trigger once with a DC11 Dex Save(1d20+Dex Ranks) for 1d6 Piercing Damage.

Ausir makes another 5' of progress. I took the first three d20 rolls. He doesn't suffer disadvantage for the slippery wall right now since he's climbing the rope and I reduced it to a standard rope and wall check.

Round 7. Feel free to run it until both of them cross the end of the hallway.

20. - Top - End - #20
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Ausir continues struggling up the wall, Arleigh reaching down to clasp the dwarf's arm and haul him up.

"Thanks for the help," Arleigh says sardonically.

Ausir grunts. "Not my fault that I don't make a habit of getting places I don't belong. This armor doesn't help either." He starts making his way towards the hallway, then stops as he realizes Arleigh hasn't moved. "Well? You gonna come on or what?"

"The hallway's trapped. Arrow slits, all along the walls. They might be disabled. Or they might shoot us full of holes."

"Can you disarm them?"

"Nope. Trigger's too tightly integrated. I'd set them off if I tried. Going to have to run for it."

"Going to--" Ausir blusters for a moment, then settles down. "Fine. Together."

The two tramp down towards the hallway, take a breath, and sprint along the hall.

Show
    Dex saves all around!
    Arleigh:
    (1d20+5)[17]
    (1d20+5)[16]
    (1d20+5)[8]
    (1d20+5)[16]
    (1d20+5)[18]

Ausir:
    (1d20+2)[6]
    (1d20+2)[19]
    (1d20+2)[6]
    (1d20+2)[20]
    (1d20+2)[16]

-----

21. - Top - End - #21

Round 8

The conspiratorial pair spring down the hallway, taking their chances, the sound of bowstrings fill the hallway... seconds later they emerge from the other side... Ausir has definitive marks on his armor, but no blood, Arleigh... had a deep cut to his right leg, bleeding but far from fatal.

Spoiler
    Show

(1d10)[4](1d2)[1] narrative location of Arleigh's wound

And Wave 1 Complete in 0:48s. You get the benefit of a short rest.

Areleigh triggered one trap for 3WP damage.

Ausir triggered 2 traps, he lost his HP but the armor saved all the WP damage. That DR6 is pretty solid.
    Last edited by Zman; 2019-10-03 at 09:08 PM.

22. - Top - End - #22

Wave 2: Round 1

As both Arleigh and Ausir step out from beyond the Hall of Arrows a great dark expanse opens before them. Almost sensing their presence a number of torches all along the perimeter begin shedding light, enough to push the entire room into sight.

The room appears to be a foggy pit, an easy 10' drop filled with platforms and stairs that reach their level. On the far ends of the rooms are ledges, easily twice as high as the platforms, overlooking the room.

But what is most concerning are the four shambling remnants of people, stirring and staring hungrily towards the living creatures that dared enter their domain. Two are on the outskirts and have bows held in their skeletal hands with the remnants of leather armor on their bodies and short blades in sheaths on their hips. Two others are standing on the pillars in the center of the rooms, warriors by their equipment, each wearing the remnants of heavier studded leather with a shield. The first carries a broadsword, the other a mace.

Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

See the Map The bottom level is filled with Light Concealment Fog. Disadvantage to Ranged Attacks and Advantage on Saves vs Ranged Manifestations

Initiative!
    Arleigh (1d20+3)[4]
    Ausir (1d20+2)[7]
    Skeleton Archer 1 (1d20+1)[20]
    Skeleton Archer 2 (1d20+1)[13]
    Skeleton Warrior 1 (1d20+2)[3]
    Skeleton Warrior 2 (1d20+2)[19]

Initiative

Skeleton Archer 1
    Skeleton Warrior 2
    Skeleton Archer 2
    Ausir
    Arleigh
    Skeleton Warrior 1

Last edited by Zman; 2019-10-04 at 07:18 AM.

23. - Top - End - #23

Wave 2: Round 1

Skeletons

Moments after clearing the hallway of arrows, an undead legion greats them. A pair of archers begin mechanically bending their bows, an arrow appearing through Ausir's side, nonlethal, but concerning nonetheless.

The first of two skeleton warriors, a mace and shield wielder, springs to motions and charges down into the fog becoming a form closing the gap...

Spoiler
    Show

SA2
    1.5 Attack Ausir Flatfooted (1d20+2)[17] for (1d8)[4] Piercing Hit: 4-2HR= 1HP and 1WP
    3.0 Attack Ausir Flatfooted (1d20+2)[15]13 for (1d8)[3] Piercing 3WP

SW2
    .5 Raise Shield
    1.0 Step
    2.0 Move
    3.0 Move

SA1
    1.5 Attack Arleigh Flatfooted (1d20+2)[21] for (1d8)[1] Piercing Hit: 1HP
    3.0 Attack Arleigh Flatfooted (1d20+2)[19]17 for (1d8)[2] Piercing Hit: 1HP

Initiative

Skeleton Archer 1
    Skeleton Warrior 2
    Skeleton Archer 2
    Ausir
    Arleigh

Skeleton Warrior 1
    Last edited by Zman; 2019-10-04 at 07:34 AM.

24. - Top - End - #24

Spoiler
    Show

Ausir Armor Saves (2d100)[89][86](175)(1d10)[10](1d2)[1](1d10)[8](1d2)[2] Failed Armor Saves to the torso

Arleigh Crit Negation (1d20+5)[12] Luck vs DC12 or suffer (1d6)[3] additional Piercing that bypasses HP to (1d10)[3](1d2)[2] Success! Critical Negated

Last edited by Zman; 2019-10-04 at 07:27 AM.

25. - Top - End - #25
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Ausir and Arleigh duck away from the arrows, though with mixed success. They dash into action, Arleigh closing in on the enemies while Ausir calls up a bolt of flame.

Show
    Ausir
    1.0: Firebolt at SA2: DC 13 dex
    Damage: (1d4+1)[2]
    2.0: Firebolt at SA2, SA1 if SA2 dies in the initial hit (I think Ausir is within range): DC 13 dex
    Damage: (1d4+1)[4]
    3.0: Move to M12 (or M11 if the ladder costs more than 5ft of movement)

Arleigh
    2.0: Double move to Q13 if SA2 is still alive, to N14 if SA2 dies
    3.0: Attack (TWF): (1d20)[16] (1d20)[12]
    Damage: (1d4+2)[4]

I didn't see anything about multiple manifestations--if that isn't allowed go for two movement actions, up the stairs towards SA2 or down towards O14 based on the same criteria as Arleigh.

-----

26. - Top - End - #26

Spoiler
    Show

Armor Save vs Arleigh's attack 40% (1d100)[77] for DR2 Failure: 4WP Damage

Those Stairs are Double Movement so Arleigh just made it. I should have had you specify if you were using Piercing or Slashing Damage, the skeletons have Resistance to Piercing so I'm going to roll with Slashing.
    Last edited by Zman; 2019-10-04 at 09:25 PM.

27. - Top - End - #27

Skeleton Warrior

The remaining sword-wielding warrior raised its shield and hurried into the fog...

Spoiler
    Show

SW1
    .5 Raise Shiled
    1.0 Step
    2.0 Move
    3.0 Move

Round 2

Skeletons

The furthest skeleton scurries forward into a more favorable range and knocks an arrow... but it doesn't get close enough to worry Ausir...

With Arleigh's position challenging the archer, the mace-wielder is able to flank him on the stairs and deliver a terrible blow... landing its foul mace in the center of Arleigh's back...

The wounded archer knocks arrow after arrow and fires them at Ausir, and despite being partially hidden by the wall, Ausir finds himself with a biting wound, his armor deflecting the worst of the arrow...

Spoiler
    Show

SA1
    1.0 Move
    2.5 Draw and Fire vs Ausir (1d20+2)[11] for (1d8)[5] Piercing Ausir's Armor Save(1d100)[61] Miss
    3.0 Draw Arrow

SW2
    .5 Raise Shield
    1.0 Step
    2.0 Move into Perfect Flank
    3.0 Attack Arleigh (1d20+5)[22] for (1d8+2)[10] Bludgeoning Arleigh's Armor(1d100)[98] Hit: Failed Armor Save: 10WP Damage = Massive Damage

SA2
    .5 Draw Shortsword
    1.5 Attack Arleigh Perfect Flank (1d20+4)[19] for (1d6+1)[6] Arleigh's Slashing Armor(1d100)[93]
    2.5 Attack Arleigh Perfect Flank (1d20+0)[13] for (1d6+1)[3] Arleigh's Slashing Armor(1d100)[12]
    Changing Actions to Bow attacks on Ausir

Arleigh is Incapacitated: Stunned(2), Hampered, Exhausted, Off-Balance, Exposed

That leaves him only one action. At the end of each turn he must make a save, Con then Will then Luck at DC20 for Massive Damage. Failing the Con save leaves him Unconscious. Failing all three saves leaves him 1d4 rounds to live.

Initiative
    Skeleton Archer 1
    Skeleton Warrior 2
    Skeleton Archer 2
    Ausir
    Arleigh

Skeleton Warrior 1
    Last edited by Zman; 2019-10-04 at 09:46 PM.

28. - Top - End - #28

Spoiler
    Show

S2 vs Ausir
    1.5 Draw and Fire (1d20+2)[15] for [/roll]1d8[/roll] Piercing Damage 30% Light Cover (1d100)[65] Armor Save(1d100)[16] Hit: 8 damage reduced to 2 by DR6 Armor, 2WP Damage
    3.0 Draw and Fire (1d20-2)[4] for [/roll]1d8[/roll] Piercing Damage 30% Light Cover (1d100)[42] Armor Save(1d100)[19]

Massive Damage Wound Location (1d10)[9](1d2)[2]

Last edited by Zman; 2019-10-04 at 09:42 PM.

29. - Top - End - #29

Spoiler
    Show

Let's try that one more time (1d8)[8] Piercing

30. - Top - End - #30
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Arleigh staggers under the crippling strike, letting out a cry of pain. His vision darkening at the edges, he gathers the last of his strength and hacks at the skeleton in front of him. Perhaps he can at least take one with him.

Ausir grunts as the arrow hits him, and winces at the sickening crunch as the skeleton's mace lands its strike. He focuses on knocking down the archers--perhaps he can hold the head of the ladder if they're out of the equation.

Show
    Arleigh:
    1.0: Attack SA2! (TWF, disadvantage): (1d20)[7] [roll] 1d20[/roll] reroll highest: (1d20)[9]
    Damage: (1d4+2)[3]

Con save (with disadvantage from Exhausted (Crippled)?): (1d20+3)[20] (1d20+3)[12]

Ausir:
    1.0: Firebolt at SA2 (if the LOF is clear and Arleigh hasn't killed him--otherwise target SA1): Save DC 13 ((1d20)[10])
    Damage: (1d4+1)[3]
    2.0: Firebolt at SA2 (same targeting): Save DC 13 ((1d20)[12])
    Damage: (1d4+1)[4]
    3.0: Ready an action to strike if a skeleton attempts to climb the ladder.

-----