New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Dwarf in the Playground

DrowGuy

Default Labyrinths of Deceit (Group 1)

Welcome to the towns of HawksWarren. How you got here is up to you. It seems the local magistrate has been working to rearrange the town guard. You notice various watch posts and such at the gates, and through out the city.

There are many taverns and inns (if you so choose to have the services of one) though some are more reputable than others.

(Just waiting on everyone to get intros done)

2. - Top - End - #2
    Dwarf in the Playground

GreataxeFighterGuy

Default Re: Labyrinths of Deceit (Group 1)

Toranus

A lithe maroon-haired elf cloaked in wolf furs makes his way through the streets of HawksWarren. Larger and more powerfully built than any regular elf, he moved with the steadied calm of a prowling cougar. A dark arm-guard hung on his left forearm while over his back was slung a large ornate blade whose hilt was currently serving as a perch for the elf's conversation partner.

"HawksWarren. HAWKS. This place was practically built for you Nua." The muddy brown, red-tailed hawk sitting over his shoulder looked unimpressed. Nua glared intently at every pedestrian they passed, is if measuring the shortest distance from her razor talons to the potential attackers eyes. "Oh fine. Go keep an eye out for dragons or something. I'll leave some scraps out my window for you later tonight." With that, the bird of prey took off into the sky, letting out a shriek as it rose out of view.

Toranus watched her go with a sigh, then turned back to his surroundings. He felt a pang of hunger build inside him, a hunger for blood, destruction and conflict. His hand reached back instinctively to caress the weapon sheathed over his back and the bloodlust went away. It was quickly replaced by another hunger, a hunger for a meal that was different than the berries and rabbits he had been eating all the weeks of his recent journey.

He walked to the closest tavern that he could see and took a whiff at the door. This caused him to recoil and cough loudly. The meat inside was a might too ripe and the patrons were not much better. He scanned the street traffic for a friendly face before settling on what looked to be another traveller. He searched his memory for the Common tongue, a language that he had not used for many weeks.

"Pardon, you know where can I find some decent food around here? Preferably something that is not rotten."
    Last edited by Krezzlar; 2007-10-19 at 06:29 PM.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Bugbear in the Playground

Legnassirc

Riding into the town of Hawks Warren on a horse that seemed oddly coordinated with its rider's long ornate black coat and dark purple-tinted lenses and quarterstaff, the bald human approached what appeared to be a reputable tavern, dismounted and began tying up his horse. Before finishing the knot, he glanced up at the sun to determine the time, looked back at the horse and with a wave of his hand, made the horse disappear instead. Walking inside and finding the first waitress he could, Ale at that empty table I see in the corner there as soon as you can. Maybe some food later, but the ride here has made me thirsty. passing her a silver piece on his way by. Arriving at the table, he maneuvers around so that his back is to the corner and he can survey the entire room; his quarterstaff leans against the wall next to his chair. Well, it's a new city. Let's see what happens. Though the first thing had better be that ale.
    Last edited by playswithfire; 2007-10-19 at 07:23 PM.
    Homebrew
    Current Project (A sequel to Tome of Battle)
    Past Projects, some of which I may come back to
    Spoiler
    Show
    Baldric Sea Campaign Setting (work in progress)
    later version of the Sea Dog base class from it

4. - Top - End - #4
    Orc in the Playground

Serk

Serk had spent the last several days in HawksWarren. He had received a vision that told him to rest for a week or so in town and his next mission would become clear. He wasn't terribly surprised; he wanted some rest and this had been standard procedure for the last several years. The food at the inn he had chosen was quite filling and flavorful and the rates were exceptionally tolerable; a favored of Kord was easily employed as a bouncer; it appeals to their sense of fair play.

The fire-red haired man...if he could still be called a man...meandered down the streets seemingly without a care in the world. He knew what abilities he had at his disposal; the thugs who tried to attack him wouldn't. Moonlight glinted off the unpainted surfaces of his armor. Many people would ask him why he only took his armor off to sleep; his response was always the same. "Why should I? It is not offensive for a man to remain covered in armor. It is a badge of honor I wear as much as a suit of armor."

His eyes landed on a small elf who stopped at the doorway of one of the more seedier inns in town. What kind of man lets another man drink cheap ale and eat poorly cooked meat?

"Excuse me, my friend, but I know a place much better down the road. They call it the Bahamut's Nest Inn. Best food and ale in the city. Come on, I'll even cover your meal and drink."
    Last edited by Raven T.; 2007-10-19 at 06:09 PM.
    There are those in this world who cannot abide women and detest their company; I do not number among them. Women are the charming sex, wonderfully unreasonable and meant to be adored.

I met him in a swamp down in Dagobah
    Where it bubbles all the time like a giant carbonated soda.
    S-o-d-a, Soda

5. - Top - End - #5
    Dwarf in the Playground

DrowGuy

The bar wench comes by Legnassirc's table after a bit, and sets a mug of ale down, and goes off to tend to the other tables in The Nest

6. - Top - End - #6
    Dwarf in the Playground

GreataxeFighterGuy

Toranus

"My thanks." Toranus says to the supremely confident man in front of him. "I will be sure to return the favor. You have probably guessed that I am new to Hawkswarren. The name is Toranus."

Toranus begins following the fire haired man to the inn he recommended.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Orc in the Playground

Serk

"And I am Serk, favored of Kord. I, as well, am new to this town, at the behest of my god, however I can assure you that this place is on the up and up. I wouldn't stay there myself if it wasn't." Serk lets out a hearty laugh, slapping Toranus on the back firmly. "Come, there is much time for merriment and stories. We shall drink and share of ourselves, for who knows what tomorrow may bring." He says a phrase joyfully in Celestial and continues to lead Toranus to the inn.
    There are those in this world who cannot abide women and detest their company; I do not number among them. Women are the charming sex, wonderfully unreasonable and meant to be adored.

S-o-d-a, Soda

8. - Top - End - #8
    Barbarian in the Playground

Fillia

--yesterday--

Smiling to herself in the morning glow, Fillia once more started out on her path. A week in the journey, she was almost to her destination. "Good food, a bath, a snack and some rest is just what I need," she said merrily to herself. The inns along the way had been little more than waypoints, and with her shot little legs she often didn't make it to the next one in time for nightfall. Last night had been one of those nights, and Fillia was sleepy and hungry. Certainly The Blessed One had given her comfort and seen to her needs, but she missed her creature comforts.

Catching a strange sound, she turned in that direction and saw a small child coming out of the nearby brush. "Oh please miss," the child said. "Please come and help my ma' - My da' says she's in a lot of trouble."

Fillia gave the child a comforting look. "Of course," she said holding out her hand to the little girl. "You show me where she is." The girl nodded her thanks and shyly took the womans hand. Then took off back through the brush at a quick pace.

Their destination was a little over a half mile away. Fillia could hear the telltale groans from quite a ways away. Instantly dismissing the irritation with sleeping out as a necessity from the Lady, she giggled. "How many brothers and sisters do you have, uh.." she trickled off realizing she didn't know the girls name.

"Four, Miss," the girl replied. "Da' says there's something odd about ma' this time."

"Well don't you worry my dear, all will soon be well. What's your name?" she asked as they crossed the dooryard and into the small house.

"Lilly" the girl replied, pointing to the closed door.

"You wait here Lilly, Fillia will help your ma'," she said as she tapped lightly at the door and then entered. The woman had obviously been in labor for sometime and she was exhausted. Her husband beside her looked only remotely better. She dropped her haversack beside the bed and went to peer in the womans eyes. "There there, I know it hurts," she said then addressed them both. "Fear you not, everything will be fine."

The situation wasn't as straightforward in reality, but just then wasn't the best time to point that out. Fillia worked for almost an hour adjusting the position of the newborn until the woman was finally able to deliver. With her last deal of effort the woman was delievered of her child, who instantly took a breath and began to cry as one doesn't often hear.

"Must have been fed up waiting all that time," Fillia said gently as she cut the cord and wrapped the infant. She placed the child in her mothers arms. "He must have been anxious to meet his ma' and pa'."

The woman took the child in her arms and both parents had the familiar amazed look on their face. No matter how many times she had helped in this way, that reaction was always the same. She laid a hand on mother and child, and gave them Yondalla's blessing, and help with the pain of childbirth CLW - (1d8+10)[13]

As Fillia took her haversack and quietly shut the door behind the trio, another girl came rushing into the house, this one quite a bit older than Lilly.

"I couldn't find anyone anywh... Oh pardon me," she said with a nod of her head. "One of the others must have brought you here." She looked tentatively at the closed door to the silent room beyond. "Is it..."

"Don't worry," Fillia said to the girl. "You have a new brother."

"How lovely!" the girl exclaimed. "Da' will be so pleased, it's been all girls up till this time."

"I'm pleased that I came across Lilly as I did," she replied. "Too much longer and things might have been unpleasant. But never mind," she said in a bright voice. "There's no need to dwell on unpleasantness that didn't happen. I'm sure everything will be all right here now, and I have most of the day still to travel."

"Please won't you stay the day with us?" the girl asked. "Nobody would mind."

"Thank you child, but I have to move on from here now," she answered but her voice trailed off at the end when she saw the fresh baking cooling in the kitchen. "No," she said as much to herself as the girl, "No, I must be going." She gave blessing to the home and family and animals then started to pick her way back through the brush."

She was almost to the path when she heard Lilly calling her name. She paused and the girl, panting heavily caught up to her. Lilly through her arms around the woman and then pushed a basket into her chest, turning to run back home before Fillia could say another word.

Peering into the basket Fillia saw a good number of fresh rolls, a large slice of cake and several chunks of ham. "Thank you," she called to the girl. She dug into her basket as the turned to the trail and took a roll from her basket. "And thank You," she addressed the heavens.
    Poet Laureate of House Kato

I have Ink to thank for my great avatar. Thanks!

"It's kind of fun to do the impossible."
    -Walt Disney

9. - Top - End - #9
    Ogre in the Playground

GnomePirate

Ird'Narthim Lucien val-Borda

Lucien is currently engaged in a heated conversation with a gentleman at one of the reputable taverns. Being that he is a somewhat wll-spoken individual, he has attracted the attention of most of the patrons of the tavern.

"We all declare for liberty, but in using the word we do not all mean the same thing. With some, the word means for each man to do what he pleases with himself, and the product of his labor. With others, the same word means for some men to do as they please with other men, and the product of other men's labor. The fullness of time, I am convinced, will prove to the world which is the true definition of the word."

Spoiler
    Show
    A bit of an issue with writer's block, but that should get across the basic character of Lucien

Spoiler
    Show
    Aratos Tell
    HP:53/53 AC:19,FlatFooted:16,Touch:13
    Active Effects: Speak w/Animals
    Spells Prepared: Cure Minor Wounds*4, Flare, Calm Animals, Charm Animal, Cure Light Wounds, Animal Messenger, Flaming Sphere, Lesser Restoration, Hold Animal, Cure Mod. Wounds*2, Speak w/Plants

Megiddo
    HP:26/26 PP: 40/40 AC:14,FlatFooted:13,Touch:13
    Active Effects:
    Spells Prepared: Light*2, Burning Hands*2, Protection f/Evil, Magic Missile, Shocking Grasp, See Invis., Acid Arrow, Scorching Ray*2

10. - Top - End - #10

Fillia

After a pleasant day and a half walk with no other real intrusions, Fillia arrived in Hawks Warren. She was not suprised to see a hightened level of security in the place, although the watch still seemed to be a little haphazzard. The villagers didn't seem overly concerned as they went about their late afternoon activities, in fact the blacksmith shop was already closed.

Fillia walked the streets of the town for a short while before choosing an inn. Grinning at the irony of the name, she entered the Bahumut's Inn and drunk in the warmth and lovely smells coming from the kitchen.

She chose a table in a well lit corner and sat down, dropping her pack and gear under the table. "Yes please," she said quietly to the young woman who came to her table. "A pot of tea and some of that lovely roast I smell if you please."
    Last edited by Zimmia; 2007-10-20 at 06:22 PM.

-Walt Disney

11. - Top - End - #11
    Dwarf in the Playground

DrowGuy

The woman comes back after awhile and sets the tea as well as a cup and a plate on the table.

Some time after Fillia left the small village, a figure stepped out of the shadows in the midst of the now burning skeletons of houses. Another figure, its face lit by the inferno walked with a purpose on the path between the houses, casting black fireballs at the structures. The figure reached out his hand to cast another fireball, only to feel the cold blade slice through his chest.

The other figure calmly wiped the blood off its blade and sheathed it. It looked at the corpse for a moment, before dropping a black rose on it. It looked around the burning village. It whispered a word to the winds, and the flames vanished, leaving the charred skeletons of the houses.

A scream from the bushes behind the remains of the house drew its attention. It found a family with a newborn child. "Follow." The figure stepped through a portal that popped into existance in front of it with the family in tow.

[dastardly demons i tell ya]
    Last edited by CloakedInsanity; 2007-10-20 at 07:42 PM.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Dwarf in the Playground

GreataxeFighterGuy

Toranus

Despite Toranus' caution and discomfort at the unfamiliar urban environment, he found himself laughing along with the flamed haired stranger Serk. There was something oddly reassuring and inspiring about the heavily armored man leading him through the streets.

"I am not too familiar with the teachings of Kord I am afraid. I guess he has few teachers out in the wild." he says as they arrive at the Bahamut's Nest Inn. The opened door revealed a bustling nexus of activity inside even in the early evening. Patrons called out their orders over the noise of the crowd while servers hurried from table to table. The majority of the patrons appear to be focused on a strikingly handsome human arguing passionately to his audience. Other individuals, a mix of all sorts of races from all over the land, appeared to be divided between talking in private conversations and focusing on their meals. In particular, a lovely tattooed halfling woman sitting in the corner caught his eye as he scanned the room.

Toranus could read the mood of a buffalo herd with a glance or pick out the alpha in a wolf pack by scent but this gathering of fellow humanoids baffled him. If he could, he would never choose to wander into such a foreign environment. The answers to his past lay in these types of gatherings though so he had little choice but to try to acclimate himself to them. Here we go again, he thought to himself...

13. - Top - End - #13
    Dwarf in the Playground

Garmund

A compact and powerfuly built man strides into the town of Hawkswarren. He had obviously been traveling on the open road, and is now covered with the dust and sweat of the trail. He takes note of the disorder and general running about of the town guard, but does nothing at the moment. The first thing he does when he enters the town is find an inn. He bypasses the cheaper, less reputable establishments, to find the most expensive in the city.

The filthy wanderer, dressed in his traveling clothes, stands out just a bit at the fine establishment. Were it not for the large and well crafted weapons stapped to his back, the guards would surely have 'asked' him to leave. Instead, they exchange frantic whispers with the Maître d'. After a moment of collecting himself, the flustered man finally approaches. Before he can even start the perfunctory apologies that would preceed an ejection, a gem is pressed into his hand. This is followed shortly after by the clinking of coin and a gruff voice uttering the words 'bath', 'hot', and 'now'.

OOC: Sorry about the late start, the recruitment thread didn't show up in the subscribed threads.

Also, perhaps Garmund has wandered into the same establishment as Serk and Toranus. Bahamut's Nest was it?
    I reject your reality and substitute my own.

14. - Top - End - #14

Quote Originally Posted by Skjaldbakka View Post
    "We all declare for liberty, but in using the word we do not all mean the same thing. With some, the word means for each man to do what he pleases with himself, and the product of his labor. With others, the same word means for some men to do as they please with other men, and the product of other men's labor. The fullness of time, I am convinced, will prove to the world which is the true definition of the word."
    Legnassirc

Finishing his ale, Legnassirc began paying attention to the speech of the blue haired man across the room. Hmm... a good speech. Obviously believes what he's saying ... which is more fun? Agreeing with him or playing devil's advocate? Normally, I'd say the latter, but arguing against freedom rarely makes one friends in a tavern. Meh, option 3, take him an ale and try to find out what's going on in this town that this speech is necessary. Slinging his quarterstaff across his back and walking to the bar, he retrieves two more mugs of ale and walks over to the area where the "freedom fighter", as he begins to think of him, is holding court. He holds out an ale and regards the young man above the frames of his glasses. So tell me, friend, which kind of liberty would you say is more commonly found in this town? I just got in and one does want to avoid offending the sensibilities of the locals, unless something is fundamentally wrong, of course.
    Homebrew
    Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #15
    Orc in the Playground

Serk

Serk laughed again. "Many clerics prefer the comforts of the city where they can eat, drink, and make merry every night after their training. Few seem the wanderlust of adventure or the desire to spread the word. It is not just the worshipers of Kord that do this; this day and age seems to have more holy men working in an urban environment, whether they are needed or not. Only time will tell if this is the way things are."He led Toranus to a nice table near the fire and went to the bar. "Two of your finest meals. I have a new friend and we will eat on my tab." He gave the bartender a friendly smile; their arrangement had worked quite well so far. "And mugs of your finest ale. This will be an evening to remember."

S-o-d-a, Soda

16. - Top - End - #16
    Dwarf in the Playground

DrowGuy

The barkeep slides a key across to Garmund, and pockets the money.

One of the wenches comes by after a bit with the plates of food and the ale.

Cloaked figures coming in and out of The Nest are a fairly common appearance. Most dont even bother to turn there heads after the first few they see. In fact this is probably part of the reason why fights are no common, since the person who started it usually doesnt have the life span left to fight much of one. Less common is a cloaked figure stepping through the door, with two adults with a newborn, and a child in tow. This one appears to be dressed from head to toe in black, with a wicked looking curved blade on its belt. The figure walks to the bar."A room for them if you please, Barry. I trust you will take care of them"
    "I will do what I can, Ma'am." She slips a bag of coins across the bar to the barkeep. "I trust you will, now some for some ale before I leave."
    The woman stays at the bar while he guides them to a table, and gets some food and drink for them. After a bit he comes by and drops a key on their table.

[Waiting a bit longer for intros to get done.]
    Last edited by CloakedInsanity; 2007-10-21 at 11:50 AM.

17. - Top - End - #17
    Dwarf in the Playground

GreataxeFighterGuy

Toranus

Toranus takes the seat indicated to him by Serk and lays his weapon against the wall next to him. He shifts uncomfortably in the unfamiliar seating while he scans the crowd some more. He notes the bald human walking over to join the conversation with the impassioned debater. He notes the well armed man requesting the room, best be wary of him he thought, and the cloaked travelers with the children in tow. He took a deep breath trying to get a smell from the new arrivals but the smells of the nearby fire and the kitchen made it too difficult to catch a clean scent.

He thanks Serk when he returns from the bar with drinks and takes a sip from the foaming ale. He preferred fresh spring water but was trying his best to fit in. When the food arrives he starts picking at it with his hands, sniffing each piece before biting into it.

"You are right, it is very good." Toranus says as he grabs another piece off his plate. "So what can you tell me about HawksWarren? I noticed that there was some commotion going on with the town guard when I was entering."

18. - Top - End - #18
    Orc in the Playground

Serk

"I know little of the town's problems, such as they are, but Kord has informed me of rising demonic activity in the general area. This may be why the guard is in an uproar." Serk takes a long drink from his mug, wiping the foam off his lips. "Ahhhh... Maybe the others here would know more than I; at least one of them seems quite the passionate speaker." He looks over the populace slowly, taking in the sights, before his eyes land on a halfling he thinks he recognizes.

S-o-d-a, Soda

19. - Top - End - #19

Fillia

Fillia sighed with pleasure as she took the first sips of the warm tea. She tore off a small chunk of bread and dipped it in the juices from the roast. Smiling to herself she quickly gave thanks and then tore into the meal. 'I picked the right inn,' she said to herself as she ate steadily. The meat was a little too well done for her tastes but it was wonderfully seasoned and the bread fresh. When she had eaten her share she pushed the still half-full plate to the side and lifted the tea pot for some more drink.

Finding it empty, she raised the pot in the air and looked around for the server, but all seemed to be busy with the influx of patrons to the tavern. Fillia pushed back and jumped out of her chair, preparing to order more at the bar. Three tables over, however she bumped into Lilly and her family.

"My goodness, I didn't expect to see you here," she exclaimed in shock and then took a closer look at their state of dress and their expressions.

"What has happened? Why are you here?"

-Walt Disney

20. - Top - End - #20
    Orc in the Playground

Serk

Standing slowly, Serk made his way toward the bar to get within earshot of Fillia's conversation, as much to catch the gossip as to find out if she was who he thought she was. It would be impossible for him to look subtle, so he did his best to just blend into the crowd.

S-o-d-a, Soda

21. - Top - End - #21
    Dwarf in the Playground

Garmund

The armed man seats himself at the nearest table and devours a goodly portion of food before he even realizes he has been eating. After a time, he slows down and begins to savor his meal. While doing so, he looks out across the crowd in the hopes of spotting someone interesting. What interests him of course, is a potential employer. The town was rumored to be experiencing a bit of...difficulty of no explicitly stated nature. The most outrageous of the claims state that the borders are under siege from demonic hordes, doubtless the product of overactive imaginations and superstitious peasants. The reality is most likely either a wizard, a rival nation, bandits, or some combination of the three. Demon hordes don't just spring up overnight afterall.

When he has finished his meal, the man will get up and head off to his room. After a long time on the road, there are few who would not appreciate a hot meal, a warm bath, and a soft bed. Having already purchased and availed himself of the first, he decides to make good on the other two.
    I reject your reality and substitute my own.

22. - Top - End - #22
    Ogre in the Playground

GnomePirate

So tell me, friend, which kind of liberty would you say is more commonly found in this town? I just got in and one does want to avoid offending the sensibilities of the locals, unless something is fundamentally wrong, of course.
    Turning from his conversation with the affluent-looking individual sitting across from him, he looks up at the striking fellow standing before him. "The state of liberty in this town? Insufficient, although a striking improvement on some places I have been." With that, he rolls up the sleeve on his right arm, revealing the shape of an 'S' branded on his forearm. "As you can see, I have experienced the very depths to which humanity can sink if it denies the principles of liberty and equality." He pauses to take a sip from his waterskin, and then continues. "I earnestly believe that all men should be given an equal opportunity to succeed. There are those in this land who are born into prosperity, and those who are born into poverty. A poverty rigidly enforced by the taxation of those who claim that they are somehow 'better' than everyone else, by virtue of the blue blood flowing through their veins. There is no virtue inherent in the blood of those who call themselves 'noble', only a potential for greatness. A potential that is equally shared by those they call 'common', or 'peasants'."

He looks down at the ale set on the table in front of him. "I'm afraid that I shall have to decline your generosity, my friend. I can't hold my liquor, though I am not ashamed to admit it. The ale they serve here will put me out quick as a candle in a stiff wind. My name is Lucien, by the way. To whom do I have the pleasure of speaking?"
    Aratos Tell
    Spells Prepared: Cure Minor Wounds*4, Flare, Calm Animals, Charm Animal, Cure Light Wounds, Animal Messenger, Flaming Sphere, Lesser Restoration, Hold Animal, Cure Mod. Wounds*2, Speak w/Plants

Megiddo
    Active Effects:
    Spells Prepared: Light*2, Burning Hands*2, Protection f/Evil, Magic Missile, Shocking Grasp, See Invis., Acid Arrow, Scorching Ray*2

23. - Top - End - #23
    Dwarf in the Playground

DrowGuy

The little girl looks around a moment in surprise. "Fillia!" The girl jumps out of her chair and runs over and throws her arms around the halfling. "Mum and Pop took us out into the forest before the magician burned our house. The elf then saved us... well... most of us. She thinks my sisters are safe as well, but doesnt know where."
    Last edited by CloakedInsanity; 2007-10-22 at 04:40 PM.

24. - Top - End - #24

Fillia

Fillia pats the girl on the cheek and then puts her arm around her shoulders, her eyes suddenly wary. "That's quite a story little one, where is the elf who helped you get away from the magician now?"

-Walt Disney

25. - Top - End - #25
    Orc in the Playground

Serk

So, the forces of Darkness are beginning to tip their hand. Woe betide them, for I shall show them what happens to those who invade this world! Serk listened quietly, moving even closer. To hear her speak, he did recognize the woman, as he thought. Fillia, her name was. Together, they had turned the tide against a necromancer and her army of undead, saving many villages in the process. It would be rude to interrupt at this point, so he kept listening to the story.

S-o-d-a, Soda

26. - Top - End - #26
    Ogre in the Playground

GnomePirate

Lucien

As he waits for the stranger before him to introduce himself, he finds himself distracted by the discussion the halfling woman is having with the human child. Damned aristocratic wizards, going about and ruining the lives of the common folk for their own amusement. If we ever cross pathes, he will regret it.

((I will probably not be able to post today/tomorrow (Monday EST))
    Last edited by Skjaldbakka; 2007-10-22 at 05:12 AM.
    Aratos Tell

Megiddo
    Active Effects:

27. - Top - End - #27

Quote Originally Posted by Skjaldbakka View Post
    "I'm afraid that I shall have to decline your generosity, my friend. I can't hold my liquor, though I am not ashamed to admit it. The ale they serve here will put me out quick as a candle in a stiff wind. My name is Lucien, by the way. To whom do I have the pleasure of speaking?"
    Legnassirc
    Taking a sip from his own mug It is a very fine ale, but, as you say, there's no shame in not partaking. All men have different skills; some have drink, others have the gift of oratory, among whom I believe we can count you. Legnassirc is my name and I have no great skill in either, though I enjoy both in a tavern such as this. A somewhat larger drink of ale before he continues somewhat more quietly. And your quite right about potential not being tied to birth. I was not high born myself but was fortunate enough to be sent to assist a kindly wizard who noticed I had a small talent for magic, which he encouraged and later sent me away to develop to levels I would not have imagined. Finishing off the mug in his hand and reaching for the one he'd offered Lucien, he noticed a few disgruntled looks at the mention of his magic, particularly among those faces seated between him and a family talking to a halfling woman, none of whom he'd seen walk in. (very quietly to Lucien) Say, friend, are they not fond of magic users in this town?
    Last edited by playswithfire; 2007-10-22 at 07:02 AM.
    Homebrew
    Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #28
    Ogre in the Playground

GnomePirate

Lucien

"People fear what they do not understand. It is an adage that has been around as long as men have walked this earth. Aside from that, which is to be expected, I know of no particular animosity the people of this town hold towards those with magical talent."
    Aratos Tell

Megiddo
    Active Effects:

29. - Top - End - #29
    Dwarf in the Playground

DrowGuy

[Skjaldbakka - roger. thanks for the heads up]

The little girl points towards the figure still with its hood up sitting at the bar.

30. - Top - End - #30
    Dwarf in the Playground

GreataxeFighterGuy

Toranus

At the mention of demonic activity, Toranus' hand unconciously moves to touch the sword leaning on the wall next to him. He notes Serk's distraction with the attractive halfling woman and her conversation with the newcomers. Turning his attention to their location, he manages to make out the little girl's story.

Toranus wipes his hands on the nearby napkin, grabs his items and heads over to the halfling woman and the family.

"Hello. I hear you might be looking for some children lost in the forest? I may be able to help with that."