New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: Labyrinths of Deceit (Group 1)

Serk
    Spoiler
    Show
    Move to AA9, then hack away, using Power Attack.
    Initiative 18, HP 66/72, AC 23, Touch 12, Flatfoot 22, 12/10/11 saves, DR 3/Evil
    Durations:
    Haste-5 rounds
    Righteous Might- 8 rounds
    Prayer- 8 rounds

Serk quickly steps over the fallen canine, headed for the human at the gate with the blade high over his head, striking downward powerfully to turn the one attacker into two dead pieces.

Attack:(1d20+11)[28]
    Damage:(1d20+22)[25]
    Last edited by Raven T.; 2007-10-26 at 07:20 PM.
    There are those in this world who cannot abide women and detest their company; I do not number among them. Women are the charming sex, wonderfully unreasonable and meant to be adored.

I met him in a swamp down in Dagobah
    Where it bubbles all the time like a giant carbonated soda.
    S-o-d-a, Soda

2. - Top - End - #92
    Orc in the Playground

Excuse this...

Damage:(3d6+22)[33]
    There are those in this world who cannot abide women and detest their company; I do not number among them. Women are the charming sex, wonderfully unreasonable and meant to be adored.

S-o-d-a, Soda

3. - Top - End - #93
    Ogre in the Playground

GnomePirate

Lucien: (rnd 3)
    AC 28, Initiative 16, Fort +10, Reflex +13, Will +7
    Psionic Focus, Haste (5), Prayer (8), Inspire Courage (4)

Flames roll down Lucien's arms and spread across his sword as he moves up to the nearest humanoid opponent.

Spoiler
    Show
    Move action to activate weapon afire, and then move up to the enemy. If possible w/o provoking, Lucien will move in such a way as to allow someone to be flanking with him.
    Aratos Tell
    HP:53/53 AC:19,FlatFooted:16,Touch:13
    Active Effects: Speak w/Animals
    Spells Prepared: Cure Minor Wounds*4, Flare, Calm Animals, Charm Animal, Cure Light Wounds, Animal Messenger, Flaming Sphere, Lesser Restoration, Hold Animal, Cure Mod. Wounds*2, Speak w/Plants

Megiddo
    HP:26/26 PP: 40/40 AC:14,FlatFooted:13,Touch:13
    Active Effects:
    Spells Prepared: Light*2, Burning Hands*2, Protection f/Evil, Magic Missile, Shocking Grasp, See Invis., Acid Arrow, Scorching Ray*2

4. - Top - End - #94
    Bugbear in the Playground

Legnassirc

Concentration check after the attack (DC 23) (1d20+15)[24]

If I successfully maintain the Telekinetic Maneuver, trip the dog that hurt me so someone can kill it.
    Touch (1d20+17)[23]
    Trip (1d20+7)[24]

If my concentration is broken, the dog has made me mad and I psychic crush it. DC 21 with a +4 bonus or it's unconscious and dying at -1 HP. If it makes the save, it takes (3d6)[9]

Successfully concentrated, so tripping the dog.
    49 HP, 30 AC, 22 Touch
    Same power points and spell points
    Last edited by playswithfire; 2007-10-26 at 10:33 PM.
    Homebrew
    Current Project (A sequel to Tome of Battle)
    Past Projects, some of which I may come back to
    Spoiler
    Show
    Baldric Sea Campaign Setting (work in progress)
    later version of the Sea Dog base class from it

5. - Top - End - #95
    Dwarf in the Playground

GreataxeFighterGuy

Toranus
    AC: 27 ; HP 73 / 78
    SV: +14 / +17 / +5
    Haste (5), Prayer (8), Inspire Courage (-), Primal Scream (4)
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------

Seeing that Serk and Garmund appear to have their various battles under control, Toranus turns his attention to the remaining humanoid battling the guard. He rushes to the gate and makes a two-handed slash with his blade across the man's side.

Spoiler
    Show

Moves forward one square and to the lower right one square and attacks the humanoid to his lower right.

Attack (1d20+21)[10](31)
    Damage (1d8+13)[19] and (2d6)[10] Holy damage if target is evil

6. - Top - End - #96
    Dwarf in the Playground

DrowGuy

Quote Originally Posted by playswithfire View Post
    Legnassirc

Concentration check after the attack (DC 23) [roll0]

If I successfully maintain the Telekinetic Maneuver, trip the dog that hurt me so someone can kill it.
    Touch [roll1]
    Trip [roll2]

If my concentration is broken, the dog has made me mad and I psychic crush it. DC 21 with a +4 bonus or it's unconscious and dying at -1 HP. If it makes the save, it takes [roll3]

Successfully concentrated, so tripping the dog.
    49 HP, 30 AC, 22 Touch
    Same power points and spell points

the dog that hurt you is dead. It got hacked to bits.

7. - Top - End - #97

My bad; trip anyone who's within melee range of an ally so they can smack them around more easily. Probably the guy Lucien just moved up to.
    Last edited by playswithfire; 2007-10-27 at 08:45 AM.
    Homebrew
    Spoiler
    Show

8. - Top - End - #98
    Dwarf in the Playground

DrowGuy

Round 3 -
    Legnassirc manages to trip the dog nearest to the group.
    Fillia tags the human closest to the group with Greater Command.
    Serak runs towards the gate and drops the man at the gates leaving the man in pieces.

The dog closest to the group spends th trying to get up, and manges to get slashed pretty good my Garmund in the process, and ends up back on the ground not moving.

Lucien moves up towards last man.

Garmund contents himself with finishing off the dog next to him.

The last human takes a swing at the guard next to him and misses. Another guard moves up to the man and takes a swing hitting him. The other guard also takes a swing, dropping the man.

And that leaves the last dog who decides to run like hell.

Up to the group to check and see if any of them are still alive and what not.

9. - Top - End - #99
    Orc in the Playground

Serk

Raising his blade high over his head, Serk lets out a victory bellow before returning to his normal size. "The gods smile on us this day, my new friends." He walks over to the man the guards defeated, casting a minor healing spell if it is evident he may still be alive. "Let us see if we can get any information out of him."

S-o-d-a, Soda

10. - Top - End - #100
    Dwarf in the Playground

DrowGuy

After using the spell, the man slowly opens his eyes and starts looking around frantically like he expects someone is going to kill him.

11. - Top - End - #101
    Orc in the Playground

Serk

Serk grabs the man by the collar to keep him from getting away and hauls the man to his feet.

"Anyone who has a way with words want to have a few with our attacker here?"

S-o-d-a, Soda

12. - Top - End - #102
    Barbarian in the Playground

Fillia

"Indeed I am glad we were here. These creatures will not get a foothold in Hawks Warren today."

Fillia turns to check the guards, CLWs for those who need it.

Spoiler
    Show
    ((there were 4 guards and I believe one was dead, I'll CLW the guards who are having problems and then turn to the attacker who is left
    (1d8+10)[18]
    (1d8+10)[16]
    (1d8+10)[13]

When she has seen to the guards, Fillia looks back at the man Serk is holding. "What was your intent here today?"
    Poet Laureate of House Kato

I have Ink to thank for my great avatar. Thanks!

"It's kind of fun to do the impossible."
    -Walt Disney

13. - Top - End - #103
    Dwarf in the Playground

DrowGuy

The guards thank Fillia and begin looking over the corpses 2 dead attackers. An officer of the guard arrives shortly after and begins overseeing getting the guard's wounded back to the guard house, and cleaning up the mess.

The captured man spits on the ground at Fillia's feet. "To burn this pitiful town, and rid the world of your filth."

The officer motions to 2 other guards to restrain the man, and remove his weapons. He then moves to bind the mans wrists. "Any more questions for this 'fine gentleman' before the guards gets to have our turn?"

14. - Top - End - #104
    Orc in the Playground

Serk

"You are welcome to him once we get our answers." Serk lifts the man's chin and looks at him with fire in his eyes. "What do you mean by 'our kind?' WHO SENT YOU, FOOL?!"

Spoiler
    Show
    Intimidate check, if you want it: (1d20+5)[18]
    Last edited by Raven T.; 2007-10-28 at 08:13 PM.

S-o-d-a, Soda

15. - Top - End - #105
    Dwarf in the Playground

GreataxeFighterGuy

Toranus

The rage subsides as Toranus watches the last opponent flee out the gate. While he could almost definitely chase the dog down and dispatch of the last fleeing attacker, Toranus was still clear headed enough to consider another purpose. He quickly wiped his bloody blade on the grass, cleaning the filth off the sacred weapon then scaled the nearby wall to get a better look at the surrounding area in case more attackers were coming. As he watches the fleeing form of the unnatural dog he whispers to himself "Run hound, run home to safety. Show us the path to your masters."

16. - Top - End - #106
    Dwarf in the Playground

DrowGuy

The man glares back with bloodshot eyes "You, All of you will be nothing but dust. You all stand to be swept away by the coming sto-"

The officer of the guard hits the man in the back of the head with the pommel of his sword, knocking him out "That is more than enough madness for one day, I think. The Town Guard will beat some reason out of him soon enough. The magistrate will no doubt have the report in a few days time."

After the dog disappears into the trees, there is nothing except a few remenats of some caravans and there sellers picking up what is left of their wares on the road.
    Last edited by CloakedInsanity; 2007-10-28 at 10:19 PM.

17. - Top - End - #107
    Ogre in the Playground

GnomePirate

Lucien

"Perhaps we should start by improving his disposition."
    He gestures at the man, and speaks a few arcane words. If it were not for the strange, mystical nature of the words he is speaking, the words might be the key phrases from an speech or impassioned debate, and his gestures might be those made by a practiced speaker to emphasize those points.

"Surely you must realize that your position is hopeless? You can tell us everything we want to know, and then be given a quick annd merciful death, otherwise . . ."
    he doesn't finish, letting the man fill in the blanks with his own imagination.

Spoiler
    Show
    Charm Person, DC 18 Will save
    Opposed Charisma check to force to answer our questions (via charm person):
    (1d20+7)[21]
    Lucien would try to do this before the guard knocks him out
    Last edited by Skjaldbakka; 2007-10-29 at 01:16 PM.
    Aratos Tell
    Spells Prepared: Cure Minor Wounds*4, Flare, Calm Animals, Charm Animal, Cure Light Wounds, Animal Messenger, Flaming Sphere, Lesser Restoration, Hold Animal, Cure Mod. Wounds*2, Speak w/Plants

Megiddo
    Active Effects:
    Spells Prepared: Light*2, Burning Hands*2, Protection f/Evil, Magic Missile, Shocking Grasp, See Invis., Acid Arrow, Scorching Ray*2

18. - Top - End - #108

Quote Originally Posted by CloakedInsanity View Post
    The man glares back with bloodshot eyes "You, All of you will be nothing but dust. You all stand to be swept away by the coming sto-"
    Legnassirc

Well, that was incredibly unenlightening. I'm wracking my brain and can't come up with a group that includes all of us but doesn't include him for him to hate so much. I suppose there's always self-loathing though... In any event, much as I admit to being curious about all this, we were on our way to rescue some children I believe. We would then seem to have a choice between staying here to observe the interrogation, continuing as planned or, I suppose, trying to catch up to that beast that ran away, though I'm not sure we could catch up to it. What say all of you?
    Homebrew
    Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #109
    Orc in the Playground

Serk

"The children are my first priority. This man will not give anything useful up in the near future. Those girl's lives may be in our hands; if we don't move on this, they may not see the morning." Serk hefted his pack and mounted his horse again, trotting toward the gate slowly, but ready to ride at full gallop once everyone else has made their decision.

S-o-d-a, Soda

20. - Top - End - #110

Fillia

"Agreed," Fillia replied to Serk. "This town should have the ability to defend itself," she said in a voice that didn't sound incredibly confident on this point, "but those girls have no such defenses."

She grabs her things and then gets back on her pony, riding to the gate. "Hold here a moment," she says to Serk quietly in celestial. "I believe the others will be along presently and should tend to injuries before we depart." She nods toward the skirmish at the gate, "It seems as though the gods were correct to send us here."

Spoiler
    Show
    Going to wait for the others to get nearby and then cast mass CLW for the three of us who are injured: (1d8+10)[12]

-Walt Disney

21. - Top - End - #111
    Orc in the Playground

Serk

Serk had forgotten that he had been hit by the hound's fiery attack. "You speak the truth, as always, old friend." Once everyone is gathered, he called upon the Vigor of Kord to bless the group and the guards.

Spoiler
    Show
    Casting Mass Lesser Vigor on the group and guards.

S-o-d-a, Soda

22. - Top - End - #112
    Dwarf in the Playground

GreataxeFighterGuy

Toranus

From the top of wall, Toranus lets out a hawk like shriek. It isn't long before a brown red tailed hawk descends from the sky and lands on his buckler arm. Toranus speaks a few words to the hawk then releases her and leaps down to join the rest of the part.

"The area looks clear, it appears that this was the only attack group. My friend is doing a more thorough scan of the area. I let the last *hound* go free. If we're able to return here in a day or two, I can try to follow his trail to wherever he has gone. Hopefully that may give us some answers but for now, I suppose we return to our journey although there is even more reason for haste now."

Toranus checks himself to make sure he received no serious injuries and then is prepared to head out on foot.

Spoiler
    Show

Nua (animal companion) will do a circle of the area up high and see if she can spot any approaching attackers. If any are found, she will report back to Toranus.

23. - Top - End - #113
    Dwarf in the Playground

DrowGuy

(Since access to my comp with the maps and stuff is cut off, youll have to bear with me being a bit slow)

(Id let you charm him and squeeze a tidbit more info out of the man, just dont have the time to spare right at this sec, so in favor of moving things along a bit...)
    As the group heads towards the gate, the officer has two other guards half-carry, half drag the unconcious man along.

Once out of view of the group, the man regains some of his conciousness. At this point the officer lets the two guards off to do other duties, and pushes the man along by the collar. Eventually he shoves him into a vacant alley "You have failed our master for the last time. He attempts to impale the man with his sword only to have a ghastly chill creep down his neck. "Hello Gentleman." They turn around to see a somewhat familiar figure dressed all in black. "Korisai." The shadow then walks back down the alley leaving 2 piles of dust, some empty clothing, and notably a black rose.

[Once everyone is good with moving out, Im sure Fillia will be more than happy to lead the group to the village ;p]

24. - Top - End - #114

Fillia

After the group gathers at the gate for healing & other spells, the cleric moves her pony down the road. They come to a crossroads and the trees and other vegetation get much thicker. "We take this southern fork several leagues and will come to another crossroads. The farm villiage is on the easterly fork. There isn't much between here and there," she says in a quiet voice.

[someone with decent spot & listen checks might actually want to be in the lead ]

-Walt Disney

25. - Top - End - #115
    Ogre in the Playground

GnomePirate

Lucien will mount his horse and travel with the group.

((I may not be able to post regularly this week))
    Aratos Tell

Megiddo
    Active Effects:

26. - Top - End - #116
    Dwarf in the Playground

GreataxeFighterGuy

Toranus

Toranus takes the lead, quickly moving in the underbrush near the road. He appears to have little trouble keeping up with the rest of the party, even though they are mounted and he is not. Now that they were out of Hawkswarren, Toranus looks visibly more relaxed and at home in the forest. He pops back occasionally to get directions from Fillia but other than that is rarely seen.

Spoiler
    Show

Toranus will scout about 50 yards ahead, keeping an eye out for danger. His hawk Nua will also patrol from the sky and let out three sharp shrieks if any enemies are spotted.
    Last edited by Krezzlar; 2007-10-31 at 11:10 AM.

27. - Top - End - #117
    Dwarf in the Playground

DrowGuy

The group progresses to the town without any trouble. Arriving at the town, you notice all of it except a few houses have been burned to charcoaled skeletons. A few people can be seen moving about here and there, trying to bring their lives back out of the ruins. In the middle of the path that meanders through the town, there is a sprawled man in robes of a finer quality than you see from the rest of the people who lived there, with a nasty wound through the chest, like someone ran him through.

28. - Top - End - #118
    Orc in the Playground

Serk

"Kord preserve us!" Serk kisses his holy symbol softly. "It is painfully obvious what needs to be done here. I will be tending to their wounds and aiding them in heavy lifting. Whoever is good at asking the right questions...it would be helpful if we could get more information on what really happened. We must help these people; their lives have been destroyed." He starts off toward the nearest family, flitting about, casting healing spells if people are hurt, and aiding them in any other way he can.

S-o-d-a, Soda

29. - Top - End - #119

Legnassirc

Moving towards the well-dressed man on the ground, Legnassirc attempts to ascertain the extent of his injuries and ask what has happened here (assuming he's alive; if not, the closest other person). Sir, can you hear me? We're here to help you; what happened to this village? Are those responsible nearby?

Spoiler
    Show

If necessary
    untrained heal check (1d20+2)[18]
    diplomacy check (1d20+5)[11]
    Last edited by playswithfire; 2007-11-02 at 11:42 AM.
    Homebrew
    Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #120
    Dwarf in the Playground

GreataxeFighterGuy

Toranus

Toranus' mouth tightens as he sees the destruction laid about at the town. People who would willfully prey on simple village folk deserve no mercy. Still, there was another purpose at hand.

"Fillia, if you could show me to the house where those little girls dwelled, I can begin my search for them. It may take me some time to pick up their trail but I believe there is more than enough here to fill our time."

Spoiler
    Show

Track roll (1d20+11)[27]

I get +4 if they're evil outsiders or +2 if they're undead.. no? Oh well.
    Last edited by Krezzlar; 2007-11-02 at 03:19 PM.