New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 15 of 20 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314151617181920 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #421
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: (OOC) New Bedford by Night II

Quote Originally Posted by Bennosuke View Post
    Yikes, no luck with those rolls Haval. Joanna is down to 0 WP. As an aside, while I admit to not keeping as good enough track of blood and bone as I should, I would suggest maybe replacing Blood Monster? I haven't seen that part of Joanna at all, and you might be able to get some WP back for playing into a part of her personality/character you've portrayed more. Not saying you have to, just a thought.
    I picked it originally because she stalked and killed some people during her first change and because the others didn't seem to fit.

Blood reads like it's supposed to be about giving into a side of yourself when you're hunting but it doesn't help much if the character's trying to suppress all that. Destroyer might work but it's got the same problem of needing to seek out situations to indulge herself.

2. - Top - End - #422
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

resolve+composure (5d10)[3][4][10][6][7](30)
    "No man is an island, entire of itself, every man is a piece of the continent, a part of the main... Any man's death diminishes me because I am involved in mankind, and therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls, it tolls for thee." -John Donne-
    Guides, tables, and other useful tools for 5E D&D

3. - Top - End - #423
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

I think for fun I'm going to roll Cory's composure here (2d10)[9][8](17)
    Spoiler: Games I am Currently Running
    Show
    San Francisco by Night (Vampire the Requiem 2E)

New Bedford by Night (Werewolf the Forsaken 2E)

New Orleans by Night (Changeling the Lost 2E)

4. - Top - End - #424
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Alright, you know the drill time to give out some beats. As always, speak up if you think I've missed something.. but also please check because some times I'm actually smart enough to give a beat at the time you accomplished something. This one is a loooong time coming so I'm gonna try to be a little extra generous here. As always, let me know if you want to spend xp, update aspirations ect. I'm also gonna give each player back 2WP, because you have all been so patient with me.

-Bear gets two beats for finishing the scene. One beat for stealing the elemental mercury to deal with the pure. One beat for sneaking into the boat house and placing a burner phone on the Pure's boat. Bear gets a beat for getting everyone to participate in the siskur dah towards his aspiration of training the pack for the hunt. One last beat for performing the Siskur Dah towards hunting the Pure's totem. Bear gets a total of 6 beats, bringing him to 0 beats and a whole 8 XP. His WP full at 5/5

-Blaze gets two beats for finishing the scene. Giving Blaze a beat towards dealing with the Pure for researching them using Databolt. One beat for stealing the elemental mercury to deal with the pure. One beat for finding out more about the Pure from the weed dealing college kids. One beat for sneaking into the boat house and placing a burner phone on the Pure's boat. Blaze also gets one beat for decoding the speckled notebook. One last beat for performing the Siskur Dah towards hunting the Pure's totem. Blaze gets a total of 8 Beats, for a total of 1 beat and 4xp. He is also back up to 4/4 WP

-Jeremy gets two beats for finishing the scene. One beat for stealing the elemental mercury to deal with the pure. One beat for finding out more about the Pure from the weed dealing college kids. One beat for sneaking into the boat house and placing a burner phone on the Pure's boat. One last beat for performing the Siskur Dah towards hunting the Pure's totem. Jeremy gets a total of 6 beats for a total of 1 beat and 4xP. His WP remains full.

-Joanna gets two beats for finishing the scene. One beat for stealing the elemental mercury to deal with the pure. One beat for almost killing Brock Turner. One beat for finding out more about the Pure from the weed dealing college kids. One beat for sneaking into the boat house and placing a burner phone on the Pure's boat. One last beat for performing the Siskur Dah towards hunting the Pure's totem. Joanna gets 7 beats, bringing her up to 1 beat and 4xp. She is up to 2/5 WP

@All:: Don't forget about the following:
    -Appeasing Databolt, you have 6/8 successes so far
    -The deep sea spirits that you left in a protected locus with three days worth of essence... like over three days ago.
    -The pack has stolen two barrels of elemental mercury to deal with the Pure.
    -I strongly suggest someone in the pack starts picking up some Rites.

@TC: You may want to change up a couple of your aspirations or take some time to deal with them. Blaze's aspiration of "Reshape the resonance of the Death Locus", hasn't been addressed in a while. Blaze has 7/10 successes, and requires a wisdom and occult roll for each attempt. I think this one could be made part of the story more directly in so far as it might be territory worth fighting over with the pure. His third aspiration, "Help to restore the defeated spirit allies of the pack", hasn't been addressed, and we can probably assume they're back or regenerated well at this point, if you want to move on to something else.

@GK: To improve your yield, can we consider how you want to go about "Increase the renown and standing of our pack", so that I can start giving you beats towards it? I'd also suggest changing the elevating a pack member to Alpha as Bear seems to have taken on that roll, partly thanks to you.
    Show

5. - Top - End - #425
    Titan in the Playground

I want to finish that stuff off, but we have had zero down time.

I'm all about getting along with spirits better, what would be a good aspiration in that vein?
    TC for short

"I like the sense of chaos this game provides. OOC, I like that I cannot know every available avenue, but that I can pursue whatever avenue I so choose. IC, I like that what I am doing has consequences. It's very very real." --Noedig

6. - Top - End - #426
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Sorry, are you asking about changing one of your aspirations to something like "Make stronger spirit allies", or are you asking about helping spirit allies recovery from their wounds after fighting the Plague Spirit?
    Show

7. - Top - End - #427
    Titan in the Playground

Sorry, are you asking about changing one of your aspirations to something like "Make stronger spirit allies", or are you asking about helping spirit allies recovery from their wounds after fighting the Plague Spirit?
    Make stronger spirit allies, since earlier you mentioned they’d probably all recovered already.
    TC for short

"I like the sense of chaos this game provides. OOC, I like that I cannot know every available avenue, but that I can pursue whatever avenue I so choose. IC, I like that what I am doing has consequences. It's very very real." --Noedig

8. - Top - End - #428
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Okay, understood. Do you want me to update your character box with that swap of aspirations? And any desire to spend XP???
    Show

9. - Top - End - #429
    Titan in the Playground

Okay, understood. Do you want me to update your character box with that swap of aspirations? And any desire to spend XP???
    Think I should spend some, not sure on what yet
    TC for short

10. - Top - End - #430
    Titan in the Playground

Think I'm going to save up for a 5 dot rite, unless anyone thinks there's one we could use right now. Great Hunt looks ridiculous, so does Urfarah's bane.

Also, Blaze already has Fetish, so we should probably use that at some point.
    TC for short

11. - Top - End - #431
    Ettin in the Playground

@TC - No argument here

@ Benno - I probably should have changed my aspiration last year but it slipped my mind. 'Learn more about her condition as a Uratha' might be too vague and getting in the Iron Masters ought to come first anyway.

Can I replace it with 'Investigate the angry mob that protested the pack'? The back up option would be to try and get Corey out of the Pure but there's every chance that's going to end up with a fight.

For advances I thought I had worked this out but I can't find any record of me posting about it. Will take Gift of Hunting (Beast Talker) for 1 xp, Gift of Stealth (Pack Stalks the Prey) for 2xp

12. - Top - End - #432
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Thundercracker View Post
    Think I'm going to save up for a 5 dot rite, unless anyone thinks there's one we could use right now. Great Hunt looks ridiculous, so does Urfarah's bane.

Also, Blaze already has Fetish, so we should probably use that at some point.
    I've updated your aspiration. I'd suggest there are several useful lower power rites, but understand if you want to save up. Again, if you're looking to make some spirit allies, I'd suggest Blaze maybe checks on the deep see spirits "downstairs".

@ Benno - I probably should have changed my aspiration last year but it slipped my mind. 'Learn more about her condition as a Uratha' might be too vague and getting in the Iron Masters ought to come first anyway.

Can I replace it with 'Investigate the angry mob that protested the pack'? The back up option would be to try and get Corey out of the Pure but there's every chance that's going to end up with a fight.

For advances I thought I had worked this out but I can't find any record of me posting about it. Will take Gift of Hunting (Beast Talker) for 1 xp, Gift of Stealth (Pack Stalks the Prey) for 2xp
    I think either aspiration would be worthwhile, and I wouldn't say that the latter is wrong, I think it would certainly lead to some interesting relationships.

I will dock Joanna 3xp
    Last edited by Bennosuke; 2022-08-27 at 05:26 PM.
    Show

13. - Top - End - #433
    Titan in the Playground

I've updated your aspiration. I'd suggest there are several useful lower power rites, but understand if you want to save up. Again, if you're looking to make some spirit allies, I'd suggest Blaze maybe checks on the deep see spirits "downstairs".

I think either aspiration would be worthwhile, and I wouldn't say that the latter is wrong, I think it would certainly lead to some interesting relationships.

I will dock Joanna 3xp
    Which lower power rites? Most of them I couldn’t use, or didn’t really understand what they’d be good for.
    TC for short

14. - Top - End - #434
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Given's Blaze's new Aspiration, I think Rites that involve interacting with Spirits might all be useful: Banish, Supplication, Shadow Call, and Shadow Bind are all three dots or less and would seem useful.
    Show

15. - Top - End - #435
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Bear will be picking up 1 point of Presence and the great hunt rite
    "No man is an island, entire of itself, every man is a piece of the continent, a part of the main... Any man's death diminishes me because I am involved in mankind, and therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls, it tolls for thee." -John Donne-
    Guides, tables, and other useful tools for 5E D&D

16. - Top - End - #436
    Titan in the Playground

Given's Blaze's new Aspiration, I think Rites that involve interacting with Spirits might all be useful: Banish, Supplication, Shadow Call, and Shadow Bind are all three dots or less and would seem useful.
    Already have banish and supplication. Not sure what to do with the other two, like exactly how I’d get something useful out of them that I couldn’t do without them.
    Last edited by Thundercracker; 2022-08-28 at 05:57 PM.
    TC for short

17. - Top - End - #437
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

@Daishain: I think Bear is one XP short of being able to purchase both. At five dots, Great Hunt would be 5xp, and increasing an attribute such as Presence is 4xp, for a total of costing 9xp. Bear has 8xp available to spend.

@TC: My bad. Okay, let me know what you want to do then.
    Show

18. - Top - End - #438
    Titan in the Playground

@Daishain: I think Bear is one XP short of being able to purchase both. At five dots, Great Hunt would be 5xp, and increasing an attribute such as Presence is 4xp, for a total of costing 9xp. Bear has 8xp available to spend.

@TC: My bad. Okay, let me know what you want to do then.
    How would shadow call and / or shadow bind be useful tho?
    TC for short

19. - Top - End - #439
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

I partly see them as being useful for some of the upcoming likely combat, both with dealing with the Totem Silver Wolf's Wrath, and with the Idigam.

From a more practical standpoint and from the idea that Blaze is looking to make more spirit allies, with Spirit Call, the pack could bring any spirit they wanted to interact with directly to them. No more "looking for" Sky Hunter or the Totem ect when the pack wants them. This might also be super useful in combat if Blaze prepares a little bit before hand.

Shadowbind conversely could also have combat applications, or be useful if Blaze needs to interact with an antagonistic spirit; I'll let you out of this prison if you help me with XYZ.
    Show

20. - Top - End - #440
    Dwarf in the Playground

DruidGuy

As discussed, I want to increase renown, etc. by promoting the band's performance and such through social media/web and other digital methods. Towards that goal, I'd like to spend teh XP on appropriate skills to increase Jeremy's effectiveness at that task. Would that be Presence and Socialize?
    Last edited by GKnightBC; 2022-08-30 at 12:51 PM.

21. - Top - End - #441
    Titan in the Playground

Ok, going to take shadowcall. I think I'm just going to have Blaze go all in on rites. There are a bunch of them that look good so we'll be spending xp on them for a while.
    TC for short

22. - Top - End - #442
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

@GK: I would say that both Presence and Socialize would be very appropriate for this.

@TC: I am deducting 3xP for the purchase of the rite. Please update your character sheet.
    Show

23. - Top - End - #443
    Ettin in the Playground

Lets go with 'Get Corey out of the Pure.' If this doesn't work out at least she has a way of earning Willpower through Destroyer.

24. - Top - End - #444
    Dwarf in the Playground

DruidGuy

@GK: I would say that both Presence and Socialize would be very appropriate for this.
    Okay, so buy a Presence first then whatever's left can buy a Socialize. As I gain XP I may just alternate those two.

25. - Top - End - #445
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Alright, discussed with Daishain, he will be buying the rite but not Presence, so deducting 5xp for Bear.

Love the aspiration and updated Joanna's character box.

I've deducted 4xp from Jeremy for the purchase of a dot of presence. Please update your character sheet.

@All: Now I am still waiting for players to post in Werewolf, right?
    Show

26. - Top - End - #446
    Dwarf in the Playground

DruidGuy

I vote for the permanent attempt, and will happily donate an Essence (or two) to see it come to fruition.

27. - Top - End - #447
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by GKnightBC View Post
    I vote for the permanent attempt, and will happily donate an Essence (or two) to see it come to fruition.
    I agree with that. Maybe we can drop some essance off before doing the ritual if they seem especially starved.

28. - Top - End - #448
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Haval View Post
    I agree with that. Maybe we can drop some essance off before doing the ritual if they seem especially starved.
    Yes. Once we have a permanent locus, Blaze can shift the type of essence it creates as needed.
    TC for short

29. - Top - End - #449
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

So... then how about them rolls???

EDIT:

Any impact from having two loci close to one another?
    Blaze occult: (9d10)[6][9][4][6][7][10][6][10][9](67)

9 again: (9d10)[10][6][5][8][2][4][8][1][4](48)
    I count 5 successes here. Blaze knows that loci can draw spirits of resonant energy/essence to their area of influence, providing them with sustenance and allowing their choruses to become more powerful. This can sometimes shape the world of flesh subtely, so having a Loci resonant to the deep sea spirits in the basement might cause barnacles to grow along the walls, and the smell of the seam might be ever present ect. However, the proximity of the two loci is unlikely to have a major effect, unless it draws rival choruses into conflict with each other, which is unlikely. Blaze does recognized that many of the other spirit choruses were upset when the pack provided the Deep Sea spirits with shelter and Essence, and going farther to build them a Loci might further complicate interactions with spirits that feel betrayed.

Blaze also gets +2 dice on his roll for the rite, given the exceptional success.
    Last edited by Bennosuke; 2022-09-11 at 09:27 AM.
    Show

30. - Top - End - #450
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Well, that's four successes so far. Will roll for Kara

(8d10)[8][3][9][4][9][6][7][2](48)

Otherwise waiting on Jeremy's roll from GK. Does anyone want to spend a WP?
    Who's putting down Essence and how much?

EDIT: That's three more successes for a total of 7 with Kara's roll
    Last edited by Bennosuke; 2022-09-14 at 06:05 PM.
    Show