New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: High Hopes and Bright Futures (IC)

Quote Originally Posted by Merilan View Post
    There's a scowl on Rixia's face after she helps lift the grate and says, "Agh, I knew it would smell horrible... no other way around it, however."
    Quote Originally Posted by YuweaCurtis View Post
    Gloria winces and covers her face when the foul smell reaches her nostrils. "N-nice," she says, trying to ignore thr smell. "Sorry, raw strength isn't really my thing... Let's go?" She looks down, looking for a ladder or something.
    Indeed, there is a small ladder, leading about six feet down. Climbing down, only a small ring near you is illuminated by the light from the moon. The wall near you is built out of small bricks, though they're so layered in grime that the stone is impossible to identify. You have a narrow walkway that extends both ways into the darkness, maybe three feet wide. The far wall is just barely visible, about twenty feet away. Looking down into the waterway, the level right now is quite low, but the liquid down there also seems to be the main source of the foul scent that surrounds you.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Listen checks please in your next posts
    Awesome avatar by Cuthalion

Spoiler: Old Avatars
    Show

By Ceika, Ceika, Linklel (Except for one that appears to be lost to time)

2. - Top - End - #92
    Troll in the Playground

"N-neither was it mine, until recently," Rixia does admit. She frowns quietly when she sees just how dark it is down there; she reaches to her pack and procures a lantern, filling it with some oil and lighting it. A pause, as she dispels the small starglobe within her hand and holds it instead. "All right." She descends to start investigating.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    (1d20)[19] Listen, and using a lantern to create some light.

3. - Top - End - #93
    Troll in the Playground

Kobold

Cooper
    HP 21/21
    AC 17
    "Inspector... Taro. Yes." He tried not to look like he was totally clueless. "I will keep... inspecting. Good work with... guarding. Keep it up. I'm going... that way now. Have a good night." Cooper pointed randomly at an alley and started to walk that way.

4. - Top - End - #94
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by jamieth View Post

Kyra
    HP 27/27
    AC 13
    Now, that certainly wasn't something Kyra expected to see... she ponders for a moment, trying to decide if there's any chance to stop the boy, but... he seems really determined to get away - and not really prone to noticing anything else. And that means, of course, thatKyra only has one way to find out what exactly scared the poor elf like so... Not finding out is out of the question. Not only her natural curiosity would kill her, but... she made a deal. And the wyrmling, somehow, fullilled their side of it... now, Kyra had to fulfill hers. if there was anything that scary in the town... she couldn't just turn away.
    Looking around, and making sure no one sees... hopefully... she whispers, "Allez Hop!"

Kyra
    HP 27/27
    AC 17
    A very different Kyra, clad in a bright jester's outfit, heads towards the building with a confidence some might say was foolish... but well, it only fit her current self.
    You approach the building as the boy dressed in similar but different garb from you stumbles through some sort of explanation, and begins to run off, in your direction. (Continued below)

Quote Originally Posted by Jacior View Post

Cooper
    HP 21/21
    AC 17
    "Inspector... Taro. Yes." He tried not to look like he was totally clueless. "I will keep... inspecting. Good work with... guarding. Keep it up. I'm going... that way now. Have a good night." Cooper pointed randomly at an alley and started to walk that way.
    As you walk toward the alleyway, a human girl in an outfit that seems like it should belong to a jester emerges from that same alleyway. "So. Is she working for Mr. Taro as well? Or is it just coincidence that two strangely dressed kids are wandering the night?" the priest asks, her voice an equal mix of amusement and curiosity.

Show

5. - Top - End - #95
    Ettin in the Playground

Kyra
    HP 27/27
    AC 17
    Kyra takes a look at the newcomer, who doesn't look any less weird than she herself does, hears the question... and immediately shakes her head. "Coincidence. Complete coincidence. Ne er heard of any Mr. Taro." Lying about something like that would just be stupid. Who knows what the boy told the woman about Mr. Taro already, and her story certainly won't match... "I'm just... sight-seeing. Yes, sight-seeing. See, too many people around during the day..."
    Tome of Radiance, a Magical Girl sourcebook for 3.5/PF.

"Jamie" is fine. TH is mostly there to make sure the name would be free on any forum I'd want to register :-)

Extended signature

6. - Top - End - #96
    Titan in the Playground

Kyra
    HP 27/27
    AC 17
    Kyra takes a look at the newcomer, who doesn't look any less weird than she herself does, hears the question... and immediately shakes her head. "Coincidence. Complete coincidence. Ne er heard of any Mr. Taro." Lying about something like that would just be stupid. Who knows what the boy told the woman about Mr. Taro already, and her story certainly won't match... "I'm just... sight-seeing. Yes, sight-seeing. See, too many people around during the day..."
    "I've already been lied to by one child tonight - not to mention I have a son around your age, so I know when a child is lying to me," the white haired elf says, pressing her fingers to the bridge of her nose. She sighs. "Normally I would just help you kids back to your homes or beds, but... your manner of dress suggests to me that you are not simply kids out for a late night stroll.

"So, I'll ask again: Who are you? Why are you kids out so late? And why are you dressed like that? I'm not going to hurt you, I just want to know what's going on."

Show

7. - Top - End - #97
    Ettin in the Playground

Kyra
    HP 27/27
    AC 17
    "I'm not lying. I am sightseeing, and i was planning on taking a better look at the town. From the top of the clock tower, for example. Right now, though, the sight I'm most curious to see is the one that scared the boy that ran away from here just now. Because it is my town, and I do'nt like the idea of anything that scary being in it.

And don't you worry, I might be young, doesn't mean I'm helpless"
    , Kyra smiles wildly, almost grins, "Trust me, I have at my command powers beyong even my own understanding"
    Last edited by jamieth; 2020-04-14 at 06:53 AM.

"Jamie" is fine. TH is mostly there to make sure the name would be free on any forum I'd want to register :-)

Extended signature

8. - Top - End - #98
    Titan in the Playground

"You're looking at him, though I'm not sure what had him so panicked," she says, gesturing to the masked kid. "And the clock tower is just as forbidden to climb at night as it is during the day. Now, you half truthed your way through one of my questions, care to be more honest with the other two?"

Show

9. - Top - End - #99
    Troll in the Playground

Kobold

Cooper
    HP 21/21
    AC 17
    Cooper looks at the jester kid blankly behind his mask. "I can honestly say I have no idea who that is. Look I dont know if I'm allowed to tell you anything the rules were... literally never explained. You just need to trust were not ne'er-do-wells... or at least I'm not. I really dont know them." He points at the other kid. "I just... was feeling antsy tonight and when I went for a walk the eye made me feel afraid so I ran, but I think it was magic so I came back but it seems like its gone."

10. - Top - End - #100
    Titan in the Playground

”Hm, well I don’t know what about the eye would frighten you. It’s the same symbol of Kelerth that has been up there since the church was founded. Maybe something just happened to coincide with you looking at it?

“Rules you say? And ‘Powers beyond your own understanding’ as well. You two are quite bad at making yourselves less suspicious, right? I don’t trust you because I don’t trust people that I don’t trust. It was one of our early lessons, back from when Kelerth was merely the god of survival.”

Spoiler
    Show
    If you would like to make Religion and/or History checks, you may do so.

Show

11. - Top - End - #101
    Bugbear in the Playground

Gloria would carefully make her way down the ladder, pulling out the larger of her blades. The light was less than impressive and she probably should have brought a lantern herself. She looks around the best she can with the light they did have. "Which way you think we should go?

Spoiler: Rolls
    Show

Search
    (1d20+3)[18]
    Listen
    (1d20+3)[20]
    ~Thanks to AsteriskAmp for the Illya Avatar!~

12. - Top - End - #102
    Troll in the Playground

"Did you hear that? To our right," Rixia frowns quietly, stepping forward with her own weapon drawn. She doesn't exactly want to go too deep lest they get lost -- she doesn't really have a lot of familiarity with these sewer systems.

13. - Top - End - #103

"I heard it alright, wonder the chances it heard us? Either way come on unless you feel something else it's the only clue we have right now!" Perhaps she was a bit too gung-ho, but she didn't have anything to go on and she didn't want a potentially relevant .... Um? Person? Anyways she didn't want to lost them. She doesn't run however, just walks towards the direction of the sound, trying not to make too much herself.

14. - Top - End - #104
    Titan in the Playground

"Did you hear that? To our right," Rixia frowns quietly, stepping forward with her own weapon drawn. She doesn't exactly want to go too deep lest they get lost -- she doesn't really have a lot of familiarity with these sewer systems.
    "I heard it alright, wonder the chances it heard us? Either way come on unless you feel something else it's the only clue we have right now!" Perhaps she was a bit too gung-ho, but she didn't have anything to go on and she didn't want a potentially relevant .... Um? Person? Anyways she didn't want to lost them. She doesn't run however, just walks towards the direction of the sound, trying not to make too much herself.
    You both head down the pathway, quietly following the sound. After around five minutes, you hear the mumbling of two voices, though it is in a language none of you have ever heard before. The voice is also strained and raspy. Rixia, as she hears this, stops abruptly, causing Gloria to bump into her and let out a small yelp. Suddenly, the voices go quiet. You just barely hear a single mumbled word from there, and then more of those same footsteps, toward you, and they are not slow.
    Spoiler
    Show
    You have one round before combat begins. You're in a 20ft wide tunnel on a 5ft wide walkway, I'll get a map up later today.

Initiative
    23 - Foul Smelling Undead
    21 - Gloria
    16 - Rixia
    11 - Skeleton
    10 - Undead

Show

15. - Top - End - #105
    Troll in the Playground

"Guess we can't avoid this..." Rixia hoists the blade over her shoulder and clicks the chamber into place. "I'll draw their attention!"

With a wave of her hand, a translucent, blue constellation trails from her finger to the undead, drawing their ire... and generating a field of power set to burst if they go for Gloria instead.

Show
    Using Stellar Challenge on Foul Smelling Undead and Undead
    3d6 damage if challenge is ignored, -3 to attack rolls other than on Rixia
    Last edited by Merilan; 2020-04-18 at 07:42 AM.

16. - Top - End - #106

"Not sure that's necessary," Gloria says, drawing her other weapon. Then sheaths disappear as she does so and she rushes the sturdiest looking enemy. As gets to she momentarily goes into a low stance and flecks of light come off her and absorb into the ground.

Spoiler
    Show
    Using Killing Fields (barrier) -
    When a creature other than evoker takes damage, heal 1 point for every 6 dealt by attack..

17. - Top - End - #107
    Troll in the Playground

Kobold

Cooper
    HP 21/21
    AC 17
    Cooper sighs and gives the other magical... kid... jester? the side eye through his mask and throws his hands up. "Ok fine, the truth then. A month ago I made a deal with a silver dragon in a dream for magical power and now I have a suit of magical clothing I can summon and a magic harp." He raised up his left arm and the harp charm that was on the bracelet there jumped full sized into his hand, thrumming with some unknown melody. "And I've been using my power to fight... big rats and stuff for some coin. And now tonight all this weirdness has me on edge and I'm starting to think I'm not just supposed to fighting rats and I can't go back on my side of the deal so yeah. That's the truth. I dunno her deal but... today's been super weird so I wouldn't be surprised if it's a similar story."

18. - Top - End - #108
    Ettin in the Playground

Kyra
    HP 27/27
    AC 17
    Hearing that, Kyra rolls her eyes, "You... you... Seriously, just because he didn't forbid us from talking about it... I think... doesn't mean it's OK to just go and reveal everything! And besides, you think anyone in their right mind would believe that story? Even though it's true, though. We made deals to protect his town, and I'm going to protect it no matter what. I'm not often being serious, you might have noticed, but I am perfectly serious when I'm saying this. And something did scare him, and it's obvious you have no idea what it was, so..." she grins as she pulls a set of juggling clubs seemingly out of thin air, "Let the experts handle it, would you?"

Extended signature

19. - Top - End - #109
    Titan in the Playground

"Guess we can't avoid this..." Rixia hoists the blade over her shoulder and clicks the chamber into place. "I'll draw their attention!"

With a wave of her hand, a translucent, blue constellation trails from her finger to the undead, drawing their ire... and generating a field of power set to burst if they go for Gloria instead.

Show
    Using Stellar Challenge on Foul Smelling Undead and Undead
    3d6 damage if challenge is ignored, -3 to attack rolls other than on Rixia
    "Not sure that's necessary," Gloria says, drawing her other weapon. Then sheaths disappear as she does so and she rushes the sturdiest looking enemy. As gets to she momentarily goes into a low stance and flecks of light come off her and absorb into the ground.

Spoiler
    Show
    Using Killing Fields (barrier) -
    When a creature other than evoker takes damage, heal 1 point for every 6 dealt by attack..
    From out of the darkness, you see several humanoid forms begin to appear. One, unsettling but familiar, is that of a skeleton, walking as though it were alive, albeit slightly hunched over. It carries a wicked looking blade made of some sort of black material (Appraise, Knowledge Geography, or Knowledge History to ID). Behind it are two shambling corpses. Both are bleach white, as though all blood in their body has either drained or dried up, save for their faces, which are caked with dried blood. Their gate is quite unnatural, and their limbs seem to bend a little to far in ways they shouldn't. Both appear without clothing, though anything identifying on them has long since worn away. One of them, toward the back, is slightly taller, and shouts something at the other two. "Inon piltin, miktia!" It move a little closer, but stays toward the shadows.

(Knowledge Religion to ID undead)
    Spoiler
    Show
    MAP

Initiative
    21 - Gloria
    16 - Rixia
    11 - Skeleton
    10 - Undead

Cooper
    HP 21/21
    AC 17
    Cooper sighs and gives the other magical... kid... jester? the side eye through his mask and throws his hands up. "Ok fine, the truth then. A month ago I made a deal with a silver dragon in a dream for magical power and now I have a suit of magical clothing I can summon and a magic harp." He raised up his left arm and the harp charm that was on the bracelet there jumped full sized into his hand, thrumming with some unknown melody. "And I've been using my power to fight... big rats and stuff for some coin. And now tonight all this weirdness has me on edge and I'm starting to think I'm not just supposed to fighting rats and I can't go back on my side of the deal so yeah. That's the truth. I dunno her deal but... today's been super weird so I wouldn't be surprised if it's a similar story."

Kyra
    HP 27/27
    AC 17
    Hearing that, Kyra rolls her eyes, "You... you... Seriously, just because he didn't forbid us from talking about it... I think... doesn't mean it's OK to just go and reveal everything! And besides, you think anyone in their right mind would believe that story? Even though it's true, though. We made deals to protect his town, and I'm going to protect it no matter what. I'm not often being serious, you might have noticed, but I am perfectly serious when I'm saying this. And something did scare him, and it's obvious you have no idea what it was, so..." she grins as she pulls a set of juggling clubs seemingly out of thin air, "Let the experts handle it, would you?"
    The woman stares at Cooper like, well, like an adult staring at a kid spinning a wild tale. You think you hear her mumbling something about 'damn dragon blooded mages' before rolling her eyes. "Fine, don't tell me then," she says finally. "But if there is one thing that we are good at, it's digging out the truth from liars, and I will absolutely be digging into what you kids are up to. Now, the library is closed here, and I've not seen anything weird tonight beyond you two. If you have no reason to bother me, then please, the other main church here is the one that houses children without a roof. Go bother them."

Show

20. - Top - End - #110

Gloria looks at the three and then picks her target. She rushes forward briefly surround by a small amount of cherry blossoms. She terminates her movement at the skeleton, carrying the momentum into her attacks, striking out in a outer cross formation. Her wisp would seem to shoot off a bit of itself, either at the skeleton or if it seems downed the next enemy over.

Spoiler: Meta
    Show

Manuevers Granted: Moment of Eternity, Beast Realm Brute Sword

Uses;
    Moment of Eternity
    Ancient Temple (Boost)
    Level: Crusader 1, Swordsage 1, Warblade 1
    Initiation Action: Swift action
    Range: -
    Target: you
    Duration: 1 round
    Save: none

There's no past. There's no future. There's only now, and it lasts forever. You gain a +1 Enhancement bonus on Attack rolls and damage rolls, and then one of either Skill Checks, Ability Checks, AC or saves, all bonus for every 4 ranks you have in Profession(Gardener). Alternatively you can gain a movement speed bonus of 5 feet for every 4 ranks in Profession (Gardener) you have for 1 round on top of the bonus to attack and damage.

+1 Attack, Damage and AC
    Current AC 16

Blades
    Attack
    [roll0]
    Damage
    [roll1]
    Attack
    [roll2]
    Damage
    [roll3]

Wisp
    Touch Attack, 3 damage
    [roll4]

21. - Top - End - #111
    Troll in the Playground

Rixia hurries after Gloria, frowning as she throws her hand forward. "Stars, gather and protect us!" Once more, as she traced the air with her fingers, a small constellation would appear, creating a challenging geas on the Skeleton and Undead.

Show
    Standard: Using Stellar Challenge (Challenge rank 2, Power Blast) on the Skeleton and Undead. 3d6 damage if ignored, and -2 to attack rolls targetting anyone other than me.
    Swift: Using Celestial Light. 12 temp HP for 2 rounds.

22. - Top - End - #112
    Titan in the Playground

Gloria looks at the three and then picks her target. She rushes forward briefly surround by a small amount of cherry blossoms. She terminates her movement at the skeleton, carrying the momentum into her attacks, striking out in a outer cross formation. Her wisp would seem to shoot off a bit of itself, either at the skeleton or if it seems downed the next enemy over.

Show

Manuevers Granted: Moment of Eternity, Beast Realm Brute Sword

Uses;
    Moment of Eternity
    Ancient Temple (Boost)
    Level: Crusader 1, Swordsage 1, Warblade 1
    Initiation Action: Swift action
    Range: -
    Target: you
    Duration: 1 round
    Save: none

There's no past. There's no future. There's only now, and it lasts forever. You gain a +1 Enhancement bonus on Attack rolls and damage rolls, and then one of either Skill Checks, Ability Checks, AC or saves, all bonus for every 4 ranks you have in Profession(Gardener). Alternatively you can gain a movement speed bonus of 5 feet for every 4 ranks in Profession (Gardener) you have for 1 round on top of the bonus to attack and damage.

+1 Attack, Damage and AC
    Current AC 16

Blades
    Attack
    [roll0]
    Damage
    [roll1]
    Attack
    [roll2]
    Damage
    [roll3]

Wisp
    Touch Attack, 3 damage
    [roll4]
    Rixia hurries after Gloria, frowning as she throws her hand forward. "Stars, gather and protect us!" Once more, as she traced the air with her fingers, a small constellation would appear, creating a challenging geas on the Skeleton and Undead.

Show
    Standard: Using Stellar Challenge (Challenge rank 2, Power Blast) on the Skeleton and Undead. 3d6 damage if ignored, and -2 to attack rolls targetting anyone other than me.
    Swift: Using Celestial Light. 12 temp HP for 2 rounds.
    The skeleton swings a hand at Gloria, disregarding the sigil that glows on its chest. With a loud crack the sigil shatters, and with it, the skeleton. As the bones clatter to the ground, the one undead looks to the other. "Ni yeuatl uel't yaochiua..." it says to the other, looking slightly confused. "Chimalli," the other replies. Nodding, the apparently subordinate undead moves into Gloria's path, trying to keep her away from its boss without actively harming someone other than the sigil's creator.

The other undead, as it steps closer to both of you, gives off an overwhelming aura of rot and decay, made all the worse by the still rancid sewer. Gloria is sickened for 9 minutes while Rixia is sickened for 8 minutes. It takes two slow steps in the water, before suddenly lunging out at Rixia. Its jaws only manage to grab into your armor, which throws off its first claw swipe, but the second runs across your face, dealing 3 slashing damage. As it cuts you, you feel a deathly chill run through your body, though you overcome it.
    Spoiler
    Show
    MAP

Initiative
    21 - Gloria
    16 - Rixia
    10 - Undead

Show

23. - Top - End - #113

Instinctively an arm goes up to cover her nose, but does her best to ignore the rancid smell and attack the undead near her. She atracks, bring both blades to bare and being followed up by the wisp shooting off another portion of itself.

Show

Netherworld Reflection Slash gained at end of last turn.

Blades
    Attack 1
    (1d20+4)[22]
    Damage
    (2d6-2)[5]
    Attack 2
    (1d20+4)[7]
    Damage
    (2d4-2)[3]

24. - Top - End - #114
    Troll in the Playground

Rixia grimaces as she wheezes, "This stench is unbearable... gotta finish it fast... let's go!" The magical girl thrusts her sword forward, her finger squeezing its trigger as a bright burst of shimmering blue flame erupts from the mechanism and envelops the blade.

Show
    Swift - Asterism Drive (+4 Str for 2 rounds) (3m)
    Standard - Starlight Divide on Foul Smelling Undead - +3d6 fire damage if it hits (3m)
    (1d20+7)[16]
    (2d8+3)[14] damage + (3d6)[10] fire damage

25. - Top - End - #115
    Titan in the Playground

Instinctively an arm goes up to cover her nose, but does her best to ignore the rancid smell and attack the undead near her. She atracks, bring both blades to bare and being followed up by the wisp shooting off another portion of itself.

Show

Netherworld Reflection Slash gained at end of last turn.

Blades
    Attack 1
    [roll0]
    Damage
    [roll1]
    Attack 2
    [roll2]
    Damage
    [roll3]
    Rixia grimaces as she wheezes, "This stench is unbearable... gotta finish it fast... let's go!" The magical girl thrusts her sword forward, her finger squeezing its trigger as a bright burst of shimmering blue flame erupts from the mechanism and envelops the blade.

Show
    Swift - Asterism Drive (+4 Str for 2 rounds) (3m)
    Standard - Starlight Divide on Foul Smelling Undead - +3d6 fire damage if it hits (3m)
    [roll0]
    [roll1] damage + [roll2] fire damage
    Gloria's first strike connects solidly with the undead creature, who is reels from the attack, just far enough that your second slash goes wide. The spectral presence near you fires a burst of energy that, while weaker than last time, still causes some frost to collect on the creature. The humanoid leaps right back in your face though, clawing feebly at your armor.

Rixia's attack goes just to the side of the foul smelling undead as a wave of nausea rolls over her from the putrid scent. The creature bites at you, but you manage to block it with your still slightly glowing sword. You smile, but then grunt in pain as you feel a sharp pain on one side, then the other. You look down, and see both of the creature's claws buried in your sides, one of them perilously close to your lungs. You open your mouth to scream in pain, but barely more than a grunt comes out as you feel your muscles seize up. Fear begins to seep into your mind as the reality sets in that this is not just some animal, but an intelligent and deadly being before you. You are paralyzed for 2 rounds. You take 14 slashing damage from the two claw attacks.

Show

26. - Top - End - #116
    Troll in the Playground

Kobold

Cooper
    HP 21/21
    AC 17
    Cooper just shook his head, people were strange even when you tell the truth. "Ok, yeah. We'll go now. Uh have a good night?" He glances over at the... magic juggler? "Let's... go?"
    Last edited by Jacior; 2020-04-23 at 08:30 AM.

27. - Top - End - #117
    Ettin in the Playground

Kyra
    HP 27/27
    AC 17
    "Guess so", Kyra agrees with a sigh, "Let's go find some other threat to save the town from... Look, what was it about that eye-symbol-thingie? I mean... I can see it from here, and it doesn't look scary..."

Extended signature

28. - Top - End - #118
    Titan in the Playground

Cooper
    HP 21/21
    AC 17
    Cooper just shook his head, people were strange even when you tell the truth. "Ok, yeah. We'll go now. Uh have a good night?" He glances over at the... magic juggler? "Let's... go?"

Kyra
    HP 27/27
    AC 17
    "Guess so", Kyra agrees with a sigh, "Let's go find some other threat to save the town from... Look, what was it about that eye-symbol-thingie? I mean... I can see it from here, and it doesn't look scary..."
    You leave the church, its now annoyed guard watching you two carefully as you leave. As you pass through streets, you get intermittent chills from seemingly nowhere, though never the same overpowering fear that Cooper felt earlier. As you both talk (or don't), you reach the main town square, and again that chill feeling hits you briefly before passing again. The area itself it silent, save for a gentle evening breeze. Kyra notices that off in the distance a hole cover that you had never even noticed before was removed... Strange. Neither of you in your time here had heard about an undeground to the city. That said, Kern was built on ruins, so it's not impossible either.

Show

29. - Top - End - #119
    Troll in the Playground

Kobold

Cooper
    HP 21/21
    AC 17
    Cooper waits until they're out of reach of the guard's hearing before talking to the new girl. "Look, it wasn't the eye itself. It was... magic that did it. I think there was... something up there. But it moved or left. I don't know. We have magic powers from a dragon I'm not discounting anything anymore. Speaking of which, what's your story? I've been doing this for almost a month and this is the first time I've seen anyone who can... do what I can." When the shiver came as they walked, he stopped and pointed up at nothing. "That. Right there. But a lot worse. There's something going on tonight. I've been on edge all day."

When she points out the uncovered hole, he shakes his head slightly. "I've lived here forever and not seen that... Silver to gold that's where whatever is going on is... should we... do somethign about it?"
    Last edited by Jacior; 2020-04-29 at 01:40 PM.

30. - Top - End - #120
    Ettin in the Playground

Kyra
    HP 27/27
    AC 17
    "Eh, I thought I'm on my own as well", Kyra nods, "And, yes, it's been about a month... Before that? Yeah, I've been on my own. Just a street urchin... a juggler, an acrobat... sometimes a pickpocket when things were touch", she grins with no slightest regret about resorting to stealing. "Well... you heard about the orphanage in the temple? That's our dragon friend's doing, so... at least I know he was legit. Now it's our end of the deal to hold..."

"I'd say we better", Kyra nods, looking down. "Hm... seems deep. One moment..."
    Reaching into her bag, she produces a coiled rope, and a hook. "Is there something to fix it to..."

After tying the rope to a hook, and fixing it to the... whatever nearby spot she would find most safe, Kyra, without a shodow of doubt, jumps into the hole - while holding the rope, obviously.
    Show
    Take 10 on Climb for a total of 22

Extended signature