New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: [IC] [M&M 2e] Exalted: The Dawn of a New Era

Revelynne:
    She actually doesn't seem to suspect him at all.
    "I see, thank you. At least its not a caste of Sacheverell or something. As for my visions well...sometimes I intentionally look into them, or at least what the Loom shows me probably could happen or has happened. Some of our older sources say it used to work differently before the dawn of this current age, but not how exactly. As a Chosen of Secrets my vision is probably one of the wider than other Caste, but to be honest I'm probably not as good at it as I should be.

Much of my training was in Quicksilver Hand of Dreams Style, due to my dreams at the time which changed the usual curriculum for a Secrets. A Sidereal as young as I was, was not supposed to know Sidereal Martial Arts yet. Normally we are taught to be more investigators, sorcerers, secret keepers, spies, and what can be unflatteringly referred to as criminals such as conmen, I'd say we're taught to be masterminds but all Sidereals are "supposed" to be that in some way, perhaps start us out with a Celestial Martial Art. When I finished training in the style, my visions was said to be relatively weak by my other instructor, though I'm better at searching the past than the future as it has already happened and therefore can be more thoroughly searched. The rest of my circle are more focused but are better about using them."

She considers the situation before them.
    "To be honest I made a mistake by not just checking the Loom earlier. I could've figured out whether good intentions was behind this the first time an Abyssal wanted to negotiate. I wonder if a more thorough and cautious Secrets would've planned all this out and figured out how to prevent it before it ever happened. I was reckless, and to focused on warning to come up with a proper plan, perhaps go along with the group while making preparations to prevent something from happening more smoothly. Stupid, stupid stupid...."
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

2. - Top - End - #122
    Ogre in the Playground

The two Abyssals looked at each other, listening to the exchange between their companions.

- We do not know much about Infernals. We have some... memories from the Second Age related to them. Common operations aimed at destroying, or at least destabilizing Creation. We are... not exactly proud of having those in our heads... – explained the Necromancer.

- But we are thankful for your offer of staying somewhere safe – he continued, looking at Thorn – We will have to think about that. The turn of event certainly did not go according to our plans.

- I think we should return the heartstone to the rightful owner – the Dancer had thrown in -The only reason we needed that were the Gates and now that it is obviously a failed attempt, this is the only right course of action, I believe. Oh my, I feel like such an idiot for trying to steal it in the first place... – there was a hint of guilt in her voice.

- I think so too... – admitted the man.

Some time later...

The Exalted, afterseeing that everybody was safe and on their way to hospital, went back to the main building of the True Stone corp. The humor of Abyssals was certainly down after the unforeseen events, but there was a glitter of hope in their eyes for finally doing something right.

When their arrived, though, it all went dark.

At the main entrance to the structure, there was a lot of people, moving nervously. The Exalted could see blue uniforms of policemen, their yellow tape and criminalistics technicians in white robes, all gathered at the site. What's more, there were a few ambulances and a corpse in a black, big foil bag, being moved out of the main gates.

- What the...? - asked the Dancer, steeping forward.

- It's them, them! - shouted the Presenter, known to the heroes from before, pointing at the pitch-black attire of the two Abyssals – It's were them! Please, arrest them! - he explained loudly, looking at the policemen around him. They took their pistols aznd pointed them at the Undead Exalted. It was dubious whether they could cause any damage to the Chosen, but situation got from tragic to stresful in a matter of mere seconds.

The Dancer stopped in the middlestep, looking at her companions with raised eyebrows. On her right, the Necromancer raised his opem palms, showing a lack of violent intents.

It was very confusing, at least for the Abyssals.
    LGBTinP 🏳️*🌈, Furry 🐾, European 🇪🇺 & Schizophreniac ♿, possibly a Weirdo 😜
    Fursona by Sirodbcollie from Twitter

Polter.pl RPG editor

My long signature

3. - Top - End - #123
    Titan in the Playground

Agent Green
    She turns to the police and thinks: Well. This is a pickle. Okay they're Exalted, so probably not going to be killed by bullets. they're Abyssals to. Even if she somehow persuaded the Abyssals to get taken to jail and held on trial, how long would hold before they tire of staying there? And if she lets this run their course, how many police officers would get killed or injured before they get the message? But if they don't fight, they wouldn't know of the Exalted and not to fight them, which would also be bad, the world remaining ignorant of their prowess could lead to a lot of foolish actions. She needed to somehow defuse this before it out of hand.
    "Excuse me officers, if I may... I don't recommend starting a fight with those two people there. I assume your eyewitness here told you of the events that transpired? What exactly is their story? Do you even have a warrant for these two arrests? or any idea as to the real nature of the people you pointing your guns at?"
    She knows that undead appeared right at the presentation and the Exalted fighting against them weren't exactly subtle about showing off their combat abilities. The question was if the police officers actually believed the presenters story or if they think the presenter is just seeing things in a panic or something.

4. - Top - End - #124
    Troll in the Playground

Kirnan has since sent his sword back Elsewhere and stands with his hands in his pockets, curious as to how this will unfold. He doubted mortal police were any real threat to the Abyssals, but how they might react to being shot at is another story. Green however seems to be the optimistic type, if she thinks she can talk the cops out of arresting them that easily. "Tempting fate there, Green."
    "Can you do science to it?"
    "I can do science to anything."

5. - Top - End - #125
    Ettin in the Playground

"Have you two never had to deal the authorities before?" Dorothy asks the two deathknights as though no one but them could hear her. "You do understand that blatant robbery is illegal in most of creation, even if you return it and apologize. I should think that they would like a word with you."

She cranes her neck to see the bodybag being loaded up. "Oh dear," she says, finally connecting the two events that she had somehow mentally written off as unrelated. "On second thought, it seems you'll need a lawyer. Neither of you actually killed anyone earlier, did you?"

Even while she's listening for their responses and to the rest of the conversation around her, she's already back on her tablet, looking up the profiles of defense attorneys from the law firm her company uses. Her powers can tell her a lot about legal theory, but comes up short when it comes to modern legal practice; she wouldn't be confident trying to defend them herself.

6. - Top - End - #126
    Bugbear in the Playground

Spoiler: Info
    Show
    "Mark Ritter"
    (Broken Thorn of the Red Nile)

| Initiative -1 |
    | Defence +0 |
    | Toughness +10 |
    | Fortitude +10 |
    | Reflex -1 |
    | Will +5 |
    | Damage 0 |
    | Notice +20 |

- Super Senses 8 [Analytical (Taste), Infravision, Microscopic Vision, Rapid (Hearing and Vision), Scent, Ultra-Hearing, Ultravision)]

"Should I call my legal team? I don't think there's anything explicitly illegal about today's events." His strange sounding crystal omni-lingual voice probably didn't help with that line of thought. "Laws for thee and not for me? No. One moment" Half mutterings. Would false identification help? He didn't have any for law enforcement on hand but Green might. Worst case and they needed to be contained he had his offer already made...

"We can lower our weapons right now right? There's no threat right now."

7. - Top - End - #127
    Ogre in the Playground

One of the police officers, a bald man with black moustache in his 40s, came closer to Agent Green.

- Miss – he began – Those two are accused of killing a man. If they will come peacefully with us, it will be for the best for everybody, I think. We have the right to arrest them, plus photos and videotape from the security of this building. As to their nature... – he went silent for a moment – We have a good evidence of them being... dangerous. And I had been on the wireless and heard of a commotion in other part of the city. For all I know, I assume they are responsible for that too. They really have a lot on their plates. If you are their friend, I would advice you, Miss, to find a good lawyer. They will need it...

At the same time, Dancer turned to Dorothy – We did not kill anybody... today... – she explained with ridiculous honestly - We try to avoid it when possible, but sometimes our... choices are limited. Please, understand, our powers were made to make us perfect killers, the voices in our heads whisper dark secrets and wishes, and there's this course we bear... it kills people on it's own, at random. Sometimes... diplomacy is not enough. In the grandeur of things and our plans, single deaths are... counted in the offer, let's say – she was not ashamed, but there was a true sadness in her voice. How long has she lived? How many people was she forced to kill? How this long existence, filled with violence and even sometimes madness had affected her?

At the moment, the presenter choose to speak. It took a lot of mental energy out of him, he was shaking and on the verge of tears, but still, he stood and looked his enemies in the eye – It was them, them! I swear! First, they come in here, with skeletons, trying to steal our heartstone – huh? He knew what the “True Stone” was called? - and then they returned, this time to kill! It's them, them and their friends! Please, arrest them before they will escape and kill more people! That's what they are, that's what they always are! – he was agitated, but certainly not mad, just extremely sad and shaken. There was also more that a hint of anger in his words.

The policemen came closer, with guns pointed at the two Abyssals. As to the Chosen of Death, they still stood still - I do not know what is happening there... – Necromancer tried to explain - But I am sure it is just a misunderstanding...

Obviously, nobody listened to him.

Polter.pl RPG editor

My long signature

8. - Top - End - #128
    Troll in the Playground

Kirnan takes a step forward with his hands raised slightly. "Officers, there's no need for violence, these people have not harmed anyone today, and as for what they allegedly stole, I believe you will find it outside, where innocent people were attacked, and these persons aided in saving them."

9. - Top - End - #129

Show
    "Mark Ritter"

| Initiative -1 |
    | Defence +0 |
    | Toughness +10 |
    | Fortitude +10 |
    | Reflex -1 |
    | Will +5 |
    | Damage 0 |
    | Notice +20 |

- Super Senses 8 [Analytical (Taste), Infravision, Microscopic Vision, Rapid (Hearing and Vision), Scent, Ultra-Hearing, Ultravision)]

"Lower your weapons, officers," Broken Thorn made clear in their first tongues. This would get out of hand, again, if it didn't stop now. "Consider what that man said, Hearthstone, have you ever seen a Hearthstone, how does he know what that is? How would he have one? What's happening here today? More than you've been trained for. You're heroes of the law, yes, but not this law. Not this law specifically. This law is greater, and we are here to enforce it. We will deal with them."

Broken Thorn pointed towards a nearby vehicle, "We can all lower our weapons, I will guide them from here and to a nice court where we can determine what happened today."

It wasn't English, it came out oddly, but it sounded like English and that was usually enough. Unless they spoke arabic, in which case one of them would ask why he was speaking arabic.

10. - Top - End - #130
    Titan in the Playground

Revelynne
    "So you all saw all of it then?"
    She says
    "The undead, the people fighting them, including me and everyone here? Then, coming here knowing your dealing with forces that you do not know of, instead of giving in and calling the man crazy or the videos edited, you march right up us and demand an arrest, on real evidence, knowing what you know? Hm. Braver than I thought you'd be."
    She'd thought mortals would try to cover this up in some manner. Maybe she wouldn't have about mortals getting traken over by Exalts as much as she thought. She puts her hand into a pocket weaving the threads of fate then pulls out an FBI Badge.
    "Unfortunately, this is beyond your jurisdiction. I'm with the FBI, and this is a matter of national security. These beings which you do not yet have the clearance to know about yet, and are quite dangerous more to you than I. I assure you, I have the situation well handled, and they will not get off scot-free."

Spoiler: OOC:
    Show

Disguise Check with Resplendent destiny Morph:
    (1d20+20)[34]

11. - Top - End - #131
    Ogre in the Playground

Police officers listened to what Kirnan and Boken Thorn had to say – to the first one they answered couldly, but to the second, they had a wishful look about them.

- Listen, mister – on of them said to Kirnan – We do what we do. You claim they are innocent, the witness claim it were them. Maybe you are right, maybe not, it is not for use to decide. We need to arrest our suspects and the court will decide their blame and possible punishment. Law is the law, you know.

The Broken Thorn spoke. Their reaction was much, much more different. The policemen looked at the Exalted, at one another, they took step forward, step backwards, looked ashamed at their feet…

- What you speak of is nice, mister, really. But… it is not how the world is working, you know? If we would let them loose, we would lost our jobs. We have families to feed. Bills to pay. If what you speak of is true, they will go unpunished in a court. Even if we wished to let them go, we simply cannot. It’s not for us to decide... – they spoke, avoiding Broken Thorn’s eyes.

Then Agent Green took her turn, pretending to be from the FBI. The policemen, quite happy, let her take care of Abyssals. It seemed they knew nothing about the happenings in the other part of the City – at least nothing they could believe – but they were none-the-less glad that the weird people in onyx-black armors were taken care of.

- What? – shrieked the Presenter. He seemed half-mad with grief – Are you letting them go just like that?! – he again pointed accusingly at the Exalted ones -You cannot! It’s a game, a play, I say! They ARE guilty and I know it! I am not stupid, oh no! First the two of them come and try to steal the hearthstone, then, when they could not, they send more of they kind to finish the job! It’s obvious, obvious! – tears of sad and anger streamed down his face - And this time, they succeded! They are all like that, them Abyssals! – another “huh?” moment, he knew who they are? - They kill and destroy and profane! Always! If they could, they would destroy the whole world! And when they could not… they... – more tears, it seemed the man has lost it. He sat down, on the street, burying his face in his hands - They killed my grandpa! – even if he wanted to say something more, the cry made him unable to. So he sat there, shaking with waves of sadness, finally loosing it.

Spoiler
    Show

You can try to calmd down the Presenter and ask him about his grandpa if you would like.

The police won't be a problem now that they think Agent Green is from FBI.

Polter.pl RPG editor

My long signature

12. - Top - End - #132

Show
    "Mark Ritter"

| Initiative -1 |
    | Defence +0 |
    | Toughness +10 |
    | Fortitude +10 |
    | Reflex -1 |
    | Will +5 |
    | Damage 0 |
    | Notice +20 |

"Not unpunished, but the truth of their actions will be seen. Good or Evil, Light or Dark, Right or Wrong." Broken Thorn, or Mark he supposed now, smiled as they yielded to the FBI ruse. If it was a ruse. "As I said, higher law. My English, I apologize is a bit broken right now. Today's events were taxing on my vocabulary."

Mark approached the crying man, the presenter amongst the crowd, if he would allow him. "I'm sorry to hear you and your family have suffered. If you would like, you could come with me and have your story heard away from danger and the eyes of the ununderstanding. Even see your work actually used if you wish. The black suns are not... many, though they may be known, if you have suffered there may be a path to justice for you."

Last edited by Anti-Eagle; 2021-06-19 at 07:28 PM.

13. - Top - End - #133
    Titan in the Playground

Revelynne:
    She puts away the badge.
    "Look. That flash of the badge there wasn't to save the Abyssals. It was to save the police officers and the prison the Abyssals would be put in. Modern society hasn't developed a way to deal with Exalts. You put an Exalt in a mortal prison, that prison is going to be broken out of with at least half the inmates worshipping them as newfound gods, any of the remainder dead from defying the Exalt, and lots of broken walls and dead cops by the end of the week. Letting mortals publicly find out what Exalts are capable of the hard way will start this off on the wrong foot, make the transition more violent. Basically imagine the Supervillain Problem from superhero comic books, but without the narrative giving the random police officers immunity to dying so that it remains kid friendly when they break out."
    She turns and pushes her sunglasses upwards a bit looking at the Abyssals.
    "But if they have done an injustice to you in the past, it should be investigated and sorted out in some manner..."

14. - Top - End - #134
    Ogre in the Playground

The presenter listened to what the Exalted had to say to him, but was seemingly indifferent. The only thing he wanted to say was “I just wish them dead”. Outside of that, he just sat on the street and cried, his face buried in his hands.

The policemen had nothing to do – if the case was “FBI-ed”, they could do nothing more. Actually, they seemed quite happy with that – Abyssals looked for them like they were too dangerous (or at least strange) for them and to let others cake care of them was all they could want.

They put a blanket over presenter, though.

When the Chosen inevitably went away, the Necromancer wiped the sweat off his brow – Thank you. It saved us a lot of trouble. And whether you believe it or not, we didn’t killed this guy’s grandpa.

- It is sad, though, isn’t it? – asked the Dancer, seemingly deep in thoughts -I thought we are the only Abyssals in this city. And what happened with the Gates was obviously meant to grab our attention, so the other ones could attack and kill. It was… deliberative… – she continued - I wish I could talk with this man and ask him some questions. I do not think we have the whole picture. But… with things as they are now, it would be hard for us to do – the Dancer admitted.

- Either way, there are more Abyssals in this area. They can be dangerous, especially if they are working for a Deathlord. We should carefully plan what we want to do next -she explained - If you have any idea as to how to find them or what to do with them when we will do, we are open. Any suggestions?

Polter.pl RPG editor

My long signature

15. - Top - End - #135
    Troll in the Playground

Kirnan leans against a wall, crossing his arms. "We could bait them out, do something that will get their attention so when they intervene, we can corner them. If they want to open a gate from the Underworld, we might be able to use that, make them think you're trying again."

16. - Top - End - #136

Show
    "Mark Ritter"

| Initiative -1 |
    | Defence +0 |
    | Toughness +10 |
    | Fortitude +10 |
    | Reflex -1 |
    | Will +5 |
    | Damage 0 |
    | Notice +20 |

"Bait might work, though if they're capable of subverting our work they may be able to tell it's bait. We could bait them with something real of course... Though I doubt any of us want a repeat of today's events."

"What would Abyssals, other than our friends of course, want that wouldn't lead to mass destruction if we lost control of the situation?"

17. - Top - End - #137
    Ogre in the Playground

- I do not know – the Necromancer answered Broken Thorn - But if they are after this top-notch heartstone, we might get a change to grab their attention. Say I would create a simple emitter of Essence-rays, to show them light a lighthouse where we are? They might have come after the stone, if it’s what they wanna. We could create a trap for them, when and where we will be at an advantage. What do you think?

- I dunno… – the Dancer bite her lip – Isn’t it potentially dangerous? Wouldn’t it be better to just hide the thing… or destroy? We know where the manse is located, if some of you have the Singing Staff, we could destroy it once and for all. I believe it would be for the best...

The two Abyssals looked at the other Exalted, seemingly unsure as to what do next. Whose plan was better?

Polter.pl RPG editor

My long signature

18. - Top - End - #138
    Troll in the Playground

"Destroying the stone should be plan B, because there's no turning back once it's done. Baiting them has risk, but anything we do about this would be risky. At least this way we have a chance to be ready."

19. - Top - End - #139

Show
    "Mark Ritter"

| Initiative -1 |
    | Defence +0 |
    | Toughness +10 |
    | Fortitude +10 |
    | Reflex -1 |
    | Will +5 |
    | Damage 0 |
    | Notice +20 |

"There are risks of course in a trap, but I agree that it may be the best course, if we spring it in the right place perhaps they would show themselves."

20. - Top - End - #140
    Ogre in the Playground

The Necromancer nodded, seemingly satisfied. The dancer did it to, just slower and apparently thinking deeply.

- I suppose you would like to do it at your own Infernal palace? - the Necromancer asked Broken Thorn - I have a little cubby hole in the Underworld, but I do not presume you would find it very amusing. Unless you really wanna? I also hope you have nothing against the necro-technology, unless you would like to create the emitter yourself...?

Polter.pl RPG editor

My long signature