New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 49 of 49 FirstFirst ... 243940414243444546474849
Results 1,441 to 1,451 of 1451
  1. - Top - End - #1441
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: (IC III) San Francisco by Night: A Requiem in Fog

Quote Originally Posted by Haval View Post
    Rachel walks with her arm over her head and wishes she thought to bring an umbrella. That the church had only been established in the seventies made her smirk. Back in England there had been a church near the house where she grew up that was older then her sire had claimed to be.

'Has anyone who isn't in the Circle had to deal with these people before? Can any of them be described as reasonable?'
    “Pretty sure they hate my guts,” Anna replied quietly.

“Hello, anyone here?” Anna said, much louder, “we just want to talk.”
    TC for short

"I like the sense of chaos this game provides. OOC, I like that I cannot know every available avenue, but that I can pursue whatever avenue I so choose. IC, I like that what I am doing has consequences. It's very very real." --Noedig

2. - Top - End - #1442
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

There is the sound of footsteps growing closer from the other side of the door. No sound of a heartbeat. A man’s voice calls out, soft, almost inviting, “I am sorry but we are closed for tonight.” If you can sense they are Kindred, than surely the reverse is true.
    Spoiler: Games I am Currently Running
    Show
    San Francisco by Night (Vampire the Requiem 2E)

New Bedford by Night (Werewolf the Forsaken 2E)

New Orleans by Night (Changeling the Lost 2E)

3. - Top - End - #1443
    Ettin in the Playground

In response to Anna Rachel will only mutter 'Great' in irritation.

Quote Originally Posted by Bennosuke View Post
    There is the sound of footsteps growing closer from the other side of the door. No sound of a heartbeat. A man’s voice calls out, soft, almost inviting, “I am sorry but we are closed for tonight.” If you can sense they are Kindred, than surely the reverse is true.
    'I think you'll want to hear us.' Rachel calls back. 'Is your boss in by any chance?'

4. - Top - End - #1444
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

There is a moment’s pause, before the male voice replies, “I can see that the Hounds are at our doorstep.” There was of course a small view finder at the door, “But my Sire is busy and told me she did not want to be disturbed.
    Show

5. - Top - End - #1445
    Titan in the Playground

There is a moment’s pause, before the male voice replies, “I can see that the Hounds are at our doorstep.” There was of course a small view finder at the door, “But my Sire is busy and told me she did not want to be disturbed.
    “We’ll be quiet,” Anna replied, “at least let us in out of the rain.”
    TC for short

"I like the sense of chaos this game provides. OOC, I like that I cannot know every available avenue, but that I can pursue whatever avenue I so choose. IC, I like that what I am doing has consequences. It's very very real." --Noedig

6. - Top - End - #1446
    Ettin in the Playground

'Would that be busy considering her response to the ones who made a mess of this place?'

7. - Top - End - #1447
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

For a long moment, there is no reply to either Rachel or Anna’s words. Then the door swings inwards with a cream that sounds almost like a deep sigh. Standing in the door is a young African American man with a shaved head, dressed in sleek and pristine modern athleasure. He stands behind the door frame in a posture that still makes it unclear if he will invite the coterie in. The smell of smoke grows far worse. Behind him is an entrance hallway that splits toward a kitchen and an ascending wooden staircase. He looks up at the stairwell, discomfort lining his otherwise immaculate face, but after a moment’s debate says in a hushed tone, “Here, follow me. But please try to keep your voices down.

He turns, directing the group toward the kitchen. The hallway is aggressively decorated with paintings, and statuettes, and knick knacks of Latino Christian iconography. Crucified Jesus, the Virgin weeping in white, and the like all stair down at the kindred as they follow. As you walk, you pass the entrance to the living room, a cramped space that has been converted into what was a makeshift congregation, complete with a small lectern and rows of white folding chairs; all of which have been left in place if not repositioned despite significant fire damage. The stench of woodfire and burned plastic is terrible, stirring a growing and growling anxiety within The Beast.

The kitchen is decorated with a similar aesthetic only more so, the space having been converted into some morose, hyper religious shrine. A table sits against one wall, stacked with bibles and prayer books. The host picks up a prayer book from the table and hugs it to his chest, before crossing the kitchen to sit in a chair which is really the height of a foot stool, and gestures for the others to take a seat on some bath towels layered out on the floor. With an expressive and functionless sigh, the vampire says, “I take it you are here to discuss the attack?” it at least smells a little less, like fire in the kitchen, though unlit votive candles cover near every surface.
    Show

8. - Top - End - #1448
    Ettin in the Playground

'Perhaps you should open a few more windows. How do you deal with the smell?' Rachel asks with obvious distaste. Being asked to sit on a towel seemed demeaning to her even if it wasn't intended as a slight. She will remain standing.

'Yes, the attack. Were you here when it happened? Can we take it as a good sign that I can't see any angry mob of your people in here preparing to get revenge? Or maybe that's all happening somewhere else?'

9. - Top - End - #1449
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Haval View Post
    'Perhaps you should open a few more windows. How do you deal with the smell?' Rachel asks with obvious distaste. Being asked to sit on a towel seemed demeaning to her even if it wasn't intended as a slight. She will remain standing.

'Yes, the attack. Were you here when it happened? Can we take it as a good sign that I can't see any angry mob of your people in here preparing to get revenge? Or maybe that's all happening somewhere else?'
    "That's Rachel," Anna said, "I'm Anna, this is Karl..."
    Anna introduced everyone present.
    "In addition, or rather, alongside the attack, we're here investigating possible Masquerade breaches that may need to be covered up," Anna said, "are there any that you know of?"
    TC for short

10. - Top - End - #1450
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Karl looks around, trying to assess the room and the people within. This could potentially be a volatile situation.
    "No man is an island, entire of itself, every man is a piece of the continent, a part of the main... Any man's death diminishes me because I am involved in mankind, and therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls, it tolls for thee." -John Donne-
    Guides, tables, and other useful tools for 5E D&D

11. - Top - End - #1451
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    I am moving this to the next IC thread, before we run out of room. I have placed the link in the OOC thread, and you can also find the link here

As always, I am distributing a beat to all players for the landmark of starting a new thread. This has been added to your character boxes.

I am unsubscribing from this thread, so you MUST post in the new thread for me to be aware of your post.
    Last edited by Bennosuke; 2023-01-14 at 04:28 PM.
    Show