New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Suffer not a witch [IC]

Everyone: Tübingen

You come upon the river Neckar and the city Tubingen. Part-way into the city, the river splits, forming around an island. On this island, Neckarinsel, is your destination. The more worldly and sharper eyed of you will notice the island seem to house the richer and higher status of the city.

Once you enter the Neckarinsel, your message directs you to a small shop near the Stiftskirche, a large gothic church. Unlike most shops, which, at minimum, have some small token to announce what they sell, the shop is only called the White Willow. The door is unlocked and curtains hide the interior from the outside. The letter orders you to enter but doesn't tell you what awaits you inside.
    Quote Originally Posted by starwoof View Post
    Your manly chin makes Jay Leno weep.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Pixie in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Default Re: Suffer not a witch [IC]

Timon dismounts outside the building, a slightly bemused look on his well tanned face. He makes sure his lance and bags are securely tied to his saddle bags and then, patting his light warhorse Gildren down and ordering him to guard, moves toward the building secure in the knowledge that his horse will protect itself and his bags well.

He removes his helmet revealing short cropped golden blond hair and a sharp aristocratic face with startling blue eyes. He sits the helmet under his arm, then draws out the note, Well, it says to come to this building, there is no mistake. Curiouser and curiouser...

He hesitates a moment, considering going in armed and ready to fight. After a moment he shakes his head, No, I will not show fear. If they wished to harm me these people could have easily done it at my home, they had no reason to draw me here.

Never-the-less he loosens his Longsword in its sheathe before moving to the building. The Knight then knocks on the door and, having been told to enter, goes in.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ettin in the Playground

Maglae

If a child wondered where the blue and black clown, the one that normally is out and about on the streets to entertain them with tumbles and acrobatics, they would be surprised to see her in the plainest of garb, her hair down, leading a roan draft horse with saddle and her meager belongings down the street. She notices Timon, her aqua eyes looking complacent and peaceful.

Maglae ties her steed next to the knight's; not bothering to look impressed or awed by Timon's countenance. Just that same, far off smile on her face. Her staff clicks against cobblestones before she finally speaks.

"Ah... this is the Willow store, correct? I didn't know others were coming."
    <BananaPhone> Stop sniveling worm! You think something as petty as "oh boo hoo my house is collapsing!" should stop you from posting in an online fantasy game where people pretend to be werewolves?

"Let me get this straight. Some guy dressed up as Batman to fight the guys dressing up as clowns scaring people. Maybe this planet aint so bad after all."

4. - Top - End - #4
    Pixie in the Playground

PaladinGuy

The knight turns to her and blinks, "Neither did I..."

Why would they request one such as this to come at the same time as me? Hmm... I suppose all will be made clear soon enough.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ettin in the Playground

Maglae

"Well, I suppose at least there will be pleasant enough company." Maglae looks off, remaining at the open door. "And who would you be, sir?"
    <BananaPhone> Stop sniveling worm! You think something as petty as "oh boo hoo my house is collapsing!" should stop you from posting in an online fantasy game where people pretend to be werewolves?

"Let me get this straight. Some guy dressed up as Batman to fight the guys dressing up as clowns scaring people. Maybe this planet aint so bad after all."

6. - Top - End - #6
    Pixie in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

White Willow....Still sounds like some sort of church-approved brothel...

Folding the papers back into his backpack, Ulrich casually waltzed down the street in the direction the locals pointed him towards. It wasn't long before he spotted his destination, and the two figures standing just by the open door inside.

This must be it...and whats this?

Straightening some of his long ruffled hair in a quick hand motion, he walks up to the door and approaches the figures with a smile.

"Hello there! I wasn't aware there was a line for...whatever it is they provide here."
    Last edited by trineon; 2008-05-01 at 01:44 AM.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Pixie in the Playground

PaladinGuy

"I am Sir Timon Stremland, at your service." He makes a slight bow.

He notices the newcomer and frowns even more, this one is scruffier than the last, "No line, Goodman, I just believe that we have each been called in to be seen at once."

He peers around, checking to see if anyone else was going to arrive before he goes in. Satisfied he knocks as intended, and then motions for the lady to go first, "After you, my dear."

8. - Top - End - #8
    Barbarian in the Playground

Walking into town leading his mule with dogs at side, Hadan noticed a small gathering around a door. Whistling sharply to the dogs, Hadan crouch and whispered "Easy boys" before walking over.

Hunching over sligthly and placing the end of his glaive on the ground he spoke to the closest person and said in his gruff voice "Is this the White Willow, I've been told to head there but I never learnt to read so these signs are of no use" as he reached up to easily tap it, knocking some dust off.
    Still here, just a little busy to social post

You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til you understand who's in ruttin' command here. ~ Jayne Cobb

Spoiler
    Show

Avatars by: drKarling, The_Chilli_God and The_Chilli_God

9. - Top - End - #9
    Ettin in the Playground

Maglae

"It's the White Willow, good sir," there's that calming look again, given to the barbarian without the slightest apprehension, "We were all just about to go in... though, Sir Stremland, I would prefer to remain outside for the moment to see how many other guests arrive..." A bit odd perhaps, that she doesn't want to go in first, but she doesn't displace any suspicions.

10. - Top - End - #10

Nodding at Maglae, Harad turned back look at his hounds and mule and whistled them over. Dropping his backpack into the cart, he knelt down and ruffled the hounds heads "I'll be back soon. Watch over the stuff"
    Standing back up taking only his Glaive with him, Harad walked over to the door and leaning against the door frame. "So why are you guys stood out here. If you received the same note I did it said to go in." Pausing to scratch his head for a moment and muttering to himself "Unless Joseph read it wrong. Always a possibility."
    Looking back down, he continued "Oh, and my name is Harad by the way" thrusting out one of his huge hands.

Spoiler
    Show
    handle animal - (1d20+8)[25]

You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til you understand who's in ruttin' command here. ~ Jayne Cobb

Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #11
    Pixie in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

"Well then, this is getting interesting. I certainly wasn't told to expect company. Then again, I wasn't told much to begin with."

Ulrich holds out an arm and gives the Neandarthal a firm shake.

"Well met, the name is Ulrich Grimm."

Following that, Ulrich turns to the young woman.

"I certainly have no objections if you wish to wait outside. Do let us know if we have more visitors though..."

Subtly nodding towards the Harad with his canine companions, he adds:

"...We certainly seem to be in for some odd sort of gathering so far. I'm curious if there's more we should expect."

He turns, smiling to the knight.

"Now, Sir Stremland was it honorable sir? What say you we head on in? I have a feeling there's much to be learned inside."
    Last edited by trineon; 2008-05-01 at 01:44 AM.
    PbP Characters

D&D 3.5 -- Suffer Not a Witch:
    Ulrich "The Mad Swan" Grimm

Star Wars Saga -- Crime and Courage:
    Karef Ar'gont

Star Wars Saga -- Yuuzhan Vong Wars:
    Tar Baantka

12. - Top - End - #12
    Ogre in the Playground

Seeing the crowd in front of the strange shop, Genoveva narrowed her eyes as she dismounted from her heavy boned slightly swaybacked dark bay gelding. The hood of her cowl was drawn up over her head, exposing only a pointed chin, full mouth and narrow nose. She moved closer "God bless you" and bowed slightly to Timon and the others. Then she proceeded to tether her horse outside the shop and threw them a questioning glance, before shrinking into the background...
    Winter is coming.

PbP Games:

Spoiler
    Show

Character:

Wonderful Avatar by Ceika

13. - Top - End - #13
    Pixie in the Playground

Lizardfolk

"Come on Mince Meat, co-... I know you don't like cities but I need to be here. Fine... Two carrots, an apple, green, and a sugar cube, that is my final offer... Good, now come on." Emerging from the crowd a clearly foreign man leads a donkey, with a smug grin on its long face, as he checks the businesses against a sheet of parchment in his hand.

Upon reaching the White Willow, he measures up the horses, before tethering his own beast beside them, talking into one of its large ears, and heading inside. He greet those inside with a very large grin, a nod of acknowledgement, and a heavily accented "Good Day."
    Heroes \hee'-rhos\: what a guy in a boat does.

"Not the Earth!? That's where I keep all my stuff!" - the Tick.

14. - Top - End - #14

Seeing one of the others go on in, Harad shrugged and said "Good idea", then ducking under the door way, walked in.

Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #15
    Ogre in the Playground

With a shrug Genoveva followed suit, throwing back her hood. Inside, she looke around with barely disguised curiosity.
    Winter is coming.

PbP Games:

Spoiler
    Show

Character:

16. - Top - End - #16
    Pixie in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Noticing that more have arrived as he walked in, Ulrich motions to anyone else left outside.

"Wonderful then, assuming we're all here for similar purposes, we can all get acquainted inside."
    PbP Characters

Karef Ar'gont

Tar Baantka

17. - Top - End - #17
    Ettin in the Playground

Maglae

The waif enters last, cradling her staff in the crook of her arm before crossing the threshhold, smiling and nodding at the others. She gives one last look at the outside, lightly scanning the area and taking comfort in what she sees.

"Does anyone know if this will take long?"

18. - Top - End - #18

Inside the White Willow

Inside the shop, there is a quarter-circle of roughly ten chairs with a man in the center at a desk. He appears to be dressed in the religious garb of the church. "Nice to see those of you who have made it. Please take a seat." The priest continues on, "I'd like to make an offer of employment to you all. You can separately decide to work for us or not; you will not be attacked by us unless you attack us."

At the back of the shop is a small counter with a less devout looking man looking disinterestedly over the shop. Behind the shopkeeper are shelves with very fine (in both meanings of the word) vials and other small objects.

19. - Top - End - #19

Seeing no obvious threat, Harad lent his Glaive against the wall next to the door and made is way to sit down on the largest of the available seats, hoping it wouldn't give way under his weight. "What is it you want us to do?" he asked cautiously.

Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #20
    Pixie in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

"Well, this is a slightly unusual way of offering employment. But who am I to argue?"

Ulrich walks up and calmly takes a seat next to Harad.

"I can't speak for anyone else, but you have my ears."
    PbP Characters

Karef Ar'gont

Tar Baantka

21. - Top - End - #21
    Pixie in the Playground

PaladinGuy

The Knight tilts his head to the side in acceptance, "I also admit curiosity, and since you have sworn peace I offer the same in return."

He sits himself down on the chair closest to the door, his breastplate armor rattling as he sits himself.

22. - Top - End - #22
    Ogre in the Playground

The darkhaired woman sits down after a fleeting glance at the wares. She drapes her staff over her knees and folds her hands. "I'm yours to command, your Grace."
    Winter is coming.

PbP Games:

Spoiler
    Show

Character:

23. - Top - End - #23

Inside the White Willow

"That is a tricky subject," the priest begins. "I'll try to explain by example. Subjects swear allegiance to Lords and Kings primarily for the protection their armies bring against other Lords' and Kings' armies. In peace, subjects can and will debate the virtues, vices and policies of certain Lords over another but the protection is generally more important than the politics once a war begins. Sometimes Lords will use assassins and other unfavorable methods to curtail a war, a minor sin to prevent major sins-"

"What the windbag is really trying to say," interrupts the shopkeeper, "is that sometimes the Church needs people with mine and your powers; people they cannot admit exist, let alone endorse."
    Last edited by Kyace; 2008-05-02 at 06:16 AM.

24. - Top - End - #24
    Ogre in the Playground

At these blunt words, her head snaps up. She knows this, has heard it often enough. More than once, Emanuel read her the riot act in this way. Then it sinks in and her face grows pale. He knows... How can he know? What will they do to me? Her green eyes are wide with terror as she watches the others. They are all like her? It takes every ounce of effort she can muster to stay in her seat and not bolt out of the door in panic. Oh Lord, what will come of this? She crosses herself with shaky hands...
    Winter is coming.

PbP Games:

Spoiler
    Show

Character:

25. - Top - End - #25
    Pixie in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Upon hearing the shopkeeper's words, Ulrich's expression, which he had so far maintained as relaxed and faintly smiling, suddenly turns serious.

"Not that I'm admitting anything, but how would you wager that I, or anyone else in this room have "powers"? It's quite a serious accusation to throw at people you've just met."
    PbP Characters

Karef Ar'gont

Tar Baantka

26. - Top - End - #26
    Pixie in the Playground

Lizardfolk

"So, this is no tournement then. Instead, you would want me to admit to a most heinous of crimes in you lands, so that you might then employ me, a sinner, to serve your saints."
    The foreigner finally removes the dark lenses from over his eyes, and focuses on the holy man.
    "I could not make Strasbourg in time from here, and Helibronn would not be worth my time. Perhaps you will be.
    Heroes \hee'-rhos\: what a guy in a boat does.

"Not the Earth!? That's where I keep all my stuff!" - the Tick.

27. - Top - End - #27

"How would I wager? Well, we have a fellow, retired from the messy jobs like myself, only his specialty is hoodwinking and gathering information. At the least, if he found you, someone at least thinks you have powers enough to convince him."

"Don't worry, despite the lack of tact my ally shows, your secret, whether or not you actually have one, is in no danger," the priest adds.

"Aye, you went to great lengths to try to keep our secrets. Mostly to keep your investment by keeping us alive, I'll give you you tried, priest."

28. - Top - End - #28
    Pixie in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

"Fascinating... I knew Machiavelli had his influences, but I never thought the church would be one to take his advice to heart."

Slightly relaxed, Ulrich leans back on his seat.

"Let us humor your assumption about us for the minute...What sort of "major sin" is the church wary of, to the point it would seek to commit a lesser one for it's prevention?"
    PbP Characters

Karef Ar'gont

Tar Baantka

29. - Top - End - #29
    Pixie in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Timon sits stiffly, not saying anything. The urge to draw his blade and attack these heretics is curtailed by the fact that they may actually have something on him, something stored elsewhere perhaps. And so for now he is happy to have Trineon speak for now, at least until he knows more of these people.

30. - Top - End - #30

"This is where the King-Assassin analogy breaks down. You'll be working for me, a Dean of the Stiftskirche. The Vatican..." The priest pauses. "The Vatican used to provide God-blessed men who could perform tasks to protect it's parishioners from the supernatural."

"To say that the local parish here isn't well liked in the Vatican would be an understatement," added the shopkeeper.

"In their lack, we have need to recruit more local assistance to protect our parishioners and neighbors."