New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Frostbite (IC)

1. - Top - End - #61
    Halfling in the Playground

Default Re: Frostbite (IC)

Jinx

Jinx lays his hands upon the blue figure and once more he beens to speak the spidery words of magic which seem to crawl out of his mouth.

I wish I may, I wish I might, have the wish I wish tonight. I wish all that is troubling this blue man to be solved.

Spoiler
    Show

Casting Wish (-5000xp)

Remove injuries and afflictions. A single wish can aid one creature per caster level, and all subjects are cured of the same kind of affliction. For example, you could heal all the damage you and your companions have taken, or remove all poison effects from everyone in the party, but not do both with the same wish. A wish can never restore the experience point loss from casting a spell or the level or Constitution loss from being raised from the dead.

Caster lvl Check is necessary (1d20+20)[27]

OOC: I couldn't resist a halfing who had wish as one of his spells

2. - Top - End - #62
    Bugbear in the Playground

Okay, OOC Thread please.

IC: A stream of light bathes the blue man, suppposedly healing him. Then the light brightens in intensity, blinding you. The blue man screams out in pain, and is lifted up in the air as the light burns and scars his body.

Suddenly, he is dropped. His head rolls to the side, and his eyes are gray and lifeless. One of the other blue skinned creatures -a female, maybe, but you can't really tell- screams, and begans to sob. The other just sits there in shock.
    RIP Gary Gygax, March 4th, 2008. May he roll 20's in heaven forever.
    RIP Dave Arneson, April 7th, 2009. He roleplays his way into our hearts.
    Avatar by Banjo1985, the Awesome.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by havocfett
    Quote Originally Posted by My self
    I'll throw in my hat as a Dwarf Warlord//Were-Dire Badger, going into Dwarven Defender and Deepwarden from Races of Stone. Is that cool?
    ...I'm not sure the vocabulary exists in the english language to express how much I approve of this concept.

3. - Top - End - #63
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Eviscerator / Big E

the metalic gaint directs himself to jinx
    "Quite a powerfull spell you have there"

"As I said before, we should make haste ... they could return any second now, if they pleased"

Action: shopping for visual equipment ... chance on succes dropped to 0.037
    Yes, tabaxi grappler. It's a thing

RFC1925: With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. However, this is not necessarily a good idea.
    Alucard (TFS): I do things. I take very enthusiastic walks through the woods
    Math Rule of thumb: 1/X chance : There's about a 2/3 of it happening at least once in X tries
    Actually, "(e-1)/e for a limit to infinitiy", but, it's a good rule of thumb

4. - Top - End - #64

IC: Backstage, a huge thump is heard. The assassin, dressed in black cloth, rips through the curtains to the back. It pulls out a sword, and dodges toward Jinx and Ki'Zanne.

ROUND 1
    Roll initiative.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I'll throw in my hat as a Dwarf Warlord//Were-Dire Badger, going into Dwarven Defender and Deepwarden from Races of Stone. Is that cool?
    ...I'm not sure the vocabulary exists in the english language to express how much I approve of this concept.

5. - Top - End - #65
    Barbarian in the Playground

Ki'Zanne

Stablock
    Spoiler
    Show
    AC44, Touch 25, FF 34 190 HP Init +10
    Saves 19/24/24

'I've had just about enough of this,' Ki said as she watched the figure coming closer. 'Although he's certainly determined.' Her eyes focus as she focuses her attention and speaks in celestial.

Spoiler
    Show
    Init. (1d20+10)[21]

Cast haste on all of us (25 rounds)
    Poet Laureate of House Kato

I have Ink to thank for my great avatar. Thanks!

"It's kind of fun to do the impossible."
    -Walt Disney

6. - Top - End - #66

Jinx

stats block
    Spoiler
    Show

AC: 49
    HP: 233
    20% Concealment from Greater Mantle of Stealth

Jinx bares his teeth and stands next to Ki. He looks towards the Assassin who is advancing toward them.

Ki, this could get messy....

He then calls out towards the Assassin.

Come no closer. This Blue People are under the protection of Jinx and his friends.

OOC:

Spoiler
    Show

Readied Action to cast Temporal Stasis on The Assassin if he gets next to Jinx who stands his ground. But steps between Ki and the Assassin.

Touch attack [roll]+26[/roll] Fort Save DC 29 Negates

7. - Top - End - #67

The assassin stops for a moment. Then, she begins to laugh. "Do you really think you can stop me, little man? I could crush you like a bug. Give me the body. It would be in your best interest."
    Spoiler
    Show

8. - Top - End - #68

Jinx

Jinx is taken back a half moment by the assassin being a girl. But sets his resolve.

I don't know who you are or why you just did what you did. And if you tell me we might be able to come to some sort of terms. Unless you are a member of the Garrote? Then we probably have a problem here. Unless maybe you have a good reason for what you are doing....?

Spoiler
    Show

same readied action

9. - Top - End - #69
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Eviscerator/Big E
    pritorty 2: obliterate oppostion ... reboot protocol
    the gaint robot lifts the - compared to him - tiny body of the blue humanoid , up and carries him under his shoulder - as a cradled baby or a football ...

"bzzt ... you want it ? then come get it ..."
    With these words he bends forward, preparing to charge/ram anyto anyone who comes in his way

Spoiler
    Show
    lol: a huge armorspiked foodball player ...
    hp: 431 hp, AC 40+ 20% misschance,
    init: (1d20+5)[18]prepare for bull rush, if an enemy appears within reach

RFC1925: With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. However, this is not necessarily a good idea.
    Math Rule of thumb: 1/X chance : There's about a 2/3 of it happening at least once in X tries

10. - Top - End - #70

Ki'Zanne

"Indeed," Ki says from where she is standing with Jinx. "You seem to be interested in the same people as we are, although with different reason. Perhaps some discussion will help things from getting unpleasant."

Spoiler
    Show
    Long shot here, but the blue people are interested in the elemental plane of frost: Knowledge elements to try and find out anything (1d20+17)[25]

-Walt Disney

11. - Top - End - #71

The assassin snarls. "Those bastards betrayed one of my kindred. They must pay." Then she smiles. "Even if you manage to defeat me, my kindred will destroy you." She chuckles. "Give me the body. Now."

OOC:This is for Zimmia.
    Spoiler
    Show

The Elemental Plane of Cold is essentially that, where things of cold live. It ranges from 32 degrees (the highest), to -1826397623927 degrees (the lowest recorded, though there have probably been lower.) As far as you know, nothing of any interest is there.
    Last edited by Halna LeGavilk; 2007-11-25 at 02:42 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #72

Jinx

"Well we have a few problems right now you cute little assassin there. There first is that we have been hired by this here dying or dead fellow and his kind to deal with some assassins from the elemental plane of snow cones. I am guessing that would be you. Now we have been promised great sums of treasure if we can get them to your people, assuming that you work for The Garrote. By the way black is a good color on you, but maybe a pink bow would go a long way in help that people don't mistake you as a guy.

Jinx pauses for a moment.

But if you want to kill these folks would you please let us and them know what the heck is going on so we can at least feel better about bashing your brains in or something? What did they do to betray your kind? What is your kind? Are you special?

OOC
    Spoiler
    Show

same readied action to use temporal stasis on the assassin if she gets with in range.

I want to use my helm of telepathy to contact the blue people and ask them what they want us to do, since they have hired us.

13. - Top - End - #73

The assassin pauses for a moment. "You do realize that 'kindred' means kin, as in family, not species." She shakes her head. "Anyway, you do realize that my family is the Garrote, right? Those Mercane bastards killed one of my brothers, so they must die." Her eyes (the only part of her face you can see) go wide. "What'd you say about the Elemental Plane of Snow Cone? Do you mean the Elemental Plane of Snow?"
    Last edited by Halna LeGavilk; 2007-11-26 at 08:09 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #74
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Eviscerator / Big E

"She means the one of Epic Snow Statues. Either way: leave or perish!"

initmidate (1d20+17)[32]

15. - Top - End - #75
    Ogre in the Playground

Gnaf

The worg begins to quietly slip back to the stage where the assassin and his allies are using the rows of seats as cover.

Spoiler
    Show

Hide - (1d20+19)[31]
    Move Silently - (1d20+21)[37]
    moving at 100 ft/round (half speed) toward stage.
    Last edited by Psionic Dog; 2007-11-26 at 08:42 AM. Reason: bolded name

My Homebrew.

Master Ref Of the Arena Tournament!
    Assorted Arena stuff:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Arena Combatants: | Dense | Mad Al | Twang | De'Athbypro Xie

16. - Top - End - #76

Ki'Zanne

"Look," Ki says as she studies the woman as best she can, "it seems as though we're at an impass here. Why don't you tell us what happened so that we'll all know. It's possible this is all a big mistake you know," she says with a smile in her voice. "You give us this information and we'll tell you about elemental snow statues."

Spoiler
    Show
    Must make a note to put ranks in sense motive...
    Last edited by Zimmia; 2007-11-26 at 04:59 PM.

-Walt Disney

17. - Top - End - #77

The assassin stares up at Big E and laughs. "You can't scare me, Tin-man." She looks over to Ki'Zanne. "You know, you aren't half-bad looking.". The Assassin stops for a moment, then unwraps her head-wraps. Her hair, silky, long, white, and beautiful falls down from a bun on top of her head. She looks at Ki'Zanne and smiles. Her teeth are perfectly white, and straight. Her face radiates beauty, disarming the Mercanes, and maybe even the characters. She has a twinkle in her eye, and smiles lines go from her mouth. She is the very incarnation of beauty. "Maybe now we can conduct business in a better manner. My names is Heres. Pleased to meet you." She sheaths her sword and walks toward Ki'Zanne. "The reason, my sweet little friend," she says, eyeing Ki'Zanne, "Is that the blue bastards killed one of my brothers in the Garrote. Not my actual brothers, mind you, but one by the Guild. The Guild's code demands that I and my 'siblings' kill those responsible."
    Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #78

Ki'Zanne

Ki'Zanne gives a smile that's just shy of a smirk. "I'm Ki, by the way and you're not completely unattractive either," she says with a wink. "At any rate," she continues with a wave of her hand, as if to keep the conversation on track, "I understand how that 'code' thing works. What I'm confused about is if one of your order was killed, why you and your people seem bent on exterminating these blue people in general. That seems a little... harsh."

-Walt Disney

19. - Top - End - #79

The assassin seems taken aback for a moment, then laughs. "Oh, you're thinking whole race, aren't you? No, that would be impossible. Just the clan."
    Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #80
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Eviscerator / Big E

Seeing that here look is disarming the poor human mercs, Eviscerator notes that she uses here looks to disarm some of his allies ...

"I don't scare you? I wanted to save your life ... you shall not persuade of us our path ... LEAVE!"
    his voice booms through-out the castle halls

((ooc: I forgot a +8 on initmidate , for being 2 size categories bigger ... and +1 from luckstone. adding that to the roll, I get 41 (this part of the conversiation can be seen as part of the same intimidate) ))

Spoiler
    Show
    Evicerator won't even let here speak further, he will charge her after she speaks hear 6th word and doesn't show a sign of retreating ...

(rolls for the attack:
    - start frenzie: intimidating rage (1d20+26)[28] (STR bonus, additional attack if full attack, ...)
    - charge with spikes (+35; spikes are adamantine(natural+1 enchancement) ; charge +2; charge bonus +2; frenzie; pounce; shocktrooper (power attack gives penalty to AC) + impr power attack (2:3 ratio); leap attack: power attack x2 for 1 handed weapon

attack (1d20+45)[60] damage (1d8+142)[145]-60* = 85
    attack (1d20+45)[53] damage (1d8+142)[146]-60* = 86
    attack (1d20+40)[58] damage (1d8+142)[146]-60* = 86
    attack (1d20+35)[40] damage (1d8+142)[146]-60* = 86
    attack (1d20+30)[42] damage (1d8+142)[144]-60* = 84
    (*BIG OOPS: supstract 60 from the damage: power attack only deals 60 additional damage, not 120 )

Spoiler
    Show
    ((additional rolls for crits, if needed
    (1d20)[1],(1d20)[10],(1d20)[7],(1d20)[20],(1d20)[12]
    (1d8)[6],(1d8)[7],(1d8)[7],(1d8)[8],(1d8)[1]
    Last edited by qube; 2007-11-28 at 01:41 AM.

21. - Top - End - #81

"I will not leave this place untill...."
    Eviscerator slams into her, throwing her against a wall. She slumps to the ground and groans. Her eyes roll into the back of her head, and she begins to seize violently. As she settles down, her ninja suit.... begins to change color. It turns pink. Bright pink. The assassin shakes her head, and stands up.Her hair has turned blue, and her skin, formerly an blank white, gained some color She looks at the adventurers. She smiles and waves. "How ya doin'? I'm Heres!" She walks over to them. Her demeanor is bright and friendly, and she seems sincere enough.
    Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #82
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Eviscerator / Big E

(seeing that his enemy is down and ... changed ... Eviscerator tries to stop his frenzy (fumble fails (1d20)[17]) )

"darn, and I was yust heating up ..."
    Last edited by qube; 2007-11-28 at 09:38 AM.

23. - Top - End - #83

Quote Originally Posted by qube View Post
    Eviscerator / Big E

(seeing that his enemy is down and ... changed ... Eviscerator tries to stop his frenzy (fumble fails [roll0]) )

"darn, and I was yust heating up ..."
    Heres turns and looks at him. "Oooooo. You're big. And spiky. Are you a robot? I like robots. They're cool."
    Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #84

Ki'Zanne

'oooooo, this'll be fun' whistles Ki under her breath and she watches the marked change in the assassin. "Isn't he great," she says in a cheerful voice as she waves her hand at Eviscerator. "Some of us call him 'Big E'."

-Walt Disney

25. - Top - End - #85

Jinx

Jinx looks at her and shrugs his shoulders.

Hiya! I am Jinx. Did you know that you are an assassin? Kinda creepy and all stealthy. But I think I like this you better. The big Robot here is "Big E" and we are off to the elemental plane of snow banks, to build snow forts and epic snowmen. Do you want to come?"

Offers to shake her hand.

26. - Top - End - #86
    Ogre in the Playground

Gnaf

Still hiding in the seats, the worg stops just before the stage and eyes the lass suspiciously.

Spoiler
    Show

Spot - (1d20+19)[25] Disguise? Hidden Weapons? Or other stuff?
    Sense Motive - (1d20+15)[33] Is this for real?
    [/roll]

My Homebrew.

Master Ref Of the Arena Tournament!
    Assorted Arena stuff:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Arena Combatants: | Dense | Mad Al | Twang | De'Athbypro Xie

27. - Top - End - #87

Quote Originally Posted by Zimmia View Post
    Ki'Zanne

'oooooo, this'll be fun' whistles Ki under her breath and she watches the marked change in the assassin. "Isn't he great," she says in a cheerful voice as she waves her hand at Eviscerator. "Some of us call him 'Big E'."
    She pauses for a moment and looks thoughtfully at Eviscerator. "Big E, hmm? I like it. It'll stick."

Quote Originally Posted by Burntsolace
    Jinx

["COLOR="YellowGreen"]Jinx looks at her and shrugs his shoulders.

Hiya! I am Jinx. Did you know that you are an assassin? Kinda creepy and all stealthy. But I think I like this you better. The big Robot here is "Big E" and we are off to the elemental plane of snow banks, to build snow forts and epic snowmen. Do you want to come?"[/COLOR]

Offers to shake her hand.
    When you mention the word "assassin" Heres twitches, her eyes go blank, and she stares into space for a second.
    Then Heres squeals. "Ohmygosh, that sounds so incredibly awesome. I'd love to come. When are we leaving? I love snowmen, and snow angels, and snow forts, and snowballs, and Xixecals. Those are cool. My dad took me to see one once. It had white dragons as pets, and they were so cute!" She giggles and shakes Jinx's hand.

Heres looks over into the seats. She squeals. "Oh my god, it's a doggie! It's so cute! Is it yours?" She says, turning to Jinx. She turns back, jumps in the air, does a triple-backflip, and lands perfectly on her feet, in a ballerina pose, right next to Gnaf. She looks at him. "You'll be my friend, won't you?"

If anyone makes a remark about Gnaf's race, she cuts them off with a giggle. "I know he's not a doggie silly! He's a worg, though, they usually aren't sentient." She turns to Gnaf. "But you are, aren't you? Were you Awakened, or was that natural, an accident?"

Gnaf:As far as you can tell, Heres is being completely honest.
    Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #88
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Eviscerator / Big E

Eviscerator has no idea what to say ... his developers kinda forgot to program in default behavior for enemy assasins suddenly gone hyperactivly innocent ...

would it be permanent, or temporary, or fake ...

Evicerator stands there, observing Heres, trying to adapt to the new situation ...

" ... I am ... cool ?"

29. - Top - End - #89

Spade

Highly confused by the apparent split-personality displayed here, Spade whispers to the two remaining blue creatures: "Is this...normal, for members of the Garrote?"
    Saga of Soul: Not your Typical Magical Girl Story.
    Where I Watch: My Little Pony

Avatar by Lord Iames Osari, Grand Admiral Thrawn by Timothy Zahn. Thanks to both!

30. - Top - End - #90

Quote Originally Posted by qube View Post
    Eviscerator / Big E
    Evicerator stands there, observing Heres, trying to adapt to the new situation ...

" ... I am ... cool ?"
    Heres sighs. "Yes silly. In that context, the word 'cool' means awesome, great, etc."

Quote Originally Posted by sun_tzu
    Highly confused by the apparent split-personality displayed here, Spade whispers to the two remaining blue creatures: "Is this...normal, for members of the Garrote?"
    One of them whispers to you. "As far as I know, I doubt it. But very little is known about the Garrote, even to us. But, the other assassins don't do this, so, I just have no clue."
    Spoiler
    Show