New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Frostbite (IC)

1. - Top - End - #151
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Frostbite (IC)

Gnaf

As soon as the alleged guards fired their arrows, Gnaf took of running right behind the halfling's spell. With every bound the worg seems to swell until he is as large as an elephant. Gnaf snaps at the sword-man, and tries to pull him to the ground before leaping back and retreating 40 ft to the side.

Spoiler
    Show

swift action: Augmented Expansion [Huge] (10ft reach)
    move action: move to 10 ft away from 'guard'
    Standard Action: Bite Guard. -4 Nonleathal, Power arrack [3], expend psionic focus
    Touch Attack - (1d20+21)[28] Damage - (7d6+27)[49] Trip - (1d20+22)[41]
    Spring attack up to 40 ft to side if movement allows.

Power Points Remaining: 154

My Homebrew.

Master Ref Of the Arena Tournament!
    Assorted Arena stuff:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Arena Combatants: | Dense | Mad Al | Twang | De'Athbypro Xie

2. - Top - End - #152
    Bugbear in the Playground

Spade

Fake guards. I should have guessed. Spade rushes toward the assassins, trying to disarm as many as he can.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quick Draw. Not sure how many disarm attempts I get - if I'm close enough to use full attack, then I use all ten attack rolls; otherwise, I guess I get only two (one for each weapon). Anyway, Spade's going to start by disarming whichever assassin is still moving after Jinx, Gnaf and Kiz's actions; if he disarms them and still has attacks, he'll just hit the still-moving foes normally.
    Attack rolls: (d20+34)[39], (d20+34)[54], (d20+34)[46], (d20+34)[49], (d20+29)[44], (d20+29)[40], (d20+24)[29], (d20+24)[38], (d20+19)[36], (d20+19)[33]
    Damage rolls (if necessary): (1d8+21)[23], (1d8+21)[25], (1d8+21)[22], (1d8+21)[27], (1d8+21)[25], (1d8+21)[26], (1d8+21)[23], (1d8+21)[28], (1d8+21)[23], (1d8+21)[27] (plus 1 point of constitution damage from blood loss for each hit. Crit range is 17-20, and I et a +4 for confirming criticals).
    Saga of Soul: Not your Typical Magical Girl Story.
    Where I Watch: My Little Pony

Avatar by Lord Iames Osari, Grand Admiral Thrawn by Timothy Zahn. Thanks to both!

3. - Top - End - #153

OOC:Sun_Tzu, in combat, please post in initiative order.

IC: The assassin attempts a hit on Gnaf, but Gnaf charges him too fast, giving the assassin a nasty wound on his arm and bowling him over.

Next in initiative: Ki'zanne!
    RIP Gary Gygax, March 4th, 2008. May he roll 20's in heaven forever.
    RIP Dave Arneson, April 7th, 2009. He roleplays his way into our hearts.
    Avatar by Banjo1985, the Awesome.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by havocfett
    Quote Originally Posted by My self
    I'll throw in my hat as a Dwarf Warlord//Were-Dire Badger, going into Dwarven Defender and Deepwarden from Races of Stone. Is that cool?
    ...I'm not sure the vocabulary exists in the english language to express how much I approve of this concept.

4. - Top - End - #154
    Barbarian in the Playground

Ki'Zanne

Spoiler
    Show
    I made my action yesterday but I'll repost it here. I'd also hate to think how much those arrows would have done without the univers. resist ring

Ki grimaces with the pain inflicted by the arrows and then hardens her eyes and begins to pray in the cadence of the Lady.

Spoiler
    Show
    Cast prayer: everyone in 40' radius, allies +1 attack, damage, saves and skill checks. Enemies in the radius are +1 to the same

Check for SR: (1d20+25)[45]

(EDIT: woot natural 20!)
    Spells cast:
    lvl0 0/6
    1 0/9
    2 0/9
    3 1/8
    4 0/8
    5 0/8
    6 1/8
    7 0/7
    8 0/7
    9 0/7
    Last edited by Zimmia; 2007-12-23 at 07:32 PM.
    Poet Laureate of House Kato

I have Ink to thank for my great avatar. Thanks!

"It's kind of fun to do the impossible."
    -Walt Disney

5. - Top - End - #155

OOC:Actually, they were really lucky with those rolls. Really, really lucky. But either way, I forgot about that. So, yeah. I'll change the damage (it won't change a lot.)

IC:The assassin still can't move, frozen reloading his crossbow.

NEXT IN INITIATIVE: Spade.
    Last edited by Halna LeGavilk; 2007-12-24 at 10:12 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I'll throw in my hat as a Dwarf Warlord//Were-Dire Badger, going into Dwarven Defender and Deepwarden from Races of Stone. Is that cool?
    ...I'm not sure the vocabulary exists in the english language to express how much I approve of this concept.

6. - Top - End - #156
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

((ooc, I'm guessing Sun-Tsu's rolls are actions are in post 153))
    ((ooc, if the 2 guards and the 1 guard still stand when it's his turn, Big E's actions also haven't changed: yelling alarm, and domino bullrush (post 144) except that he draws his scythe and domino bull rushes (giving him 41 instead of 43 in his opposed strength bull rush check) instead of charging bull rush ))
    Yes, tabaxi grappler. It's a thing

RFC1925: With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. However, this is not necessarily a good idea.
    Alucard (TFS): I do things. I take very enthusiastic walks through the woods
    Math Rule of thumb: 1/X chance : There's about a 2/3 of it happening at least once in X tries
    Actually, "(e-1)/e for a limit to infinitiy", but, it's a good rule of thumb

7. - Top - End - #157

Well, one assassin is on the ground, prone, and the other is frozen. That may change his options just a bit.
    Spoiler
    Show

8. - Top - End - #158

((Well, my actions don't change much - try to disarm the assassin who is neither prone nor frozen first; if I still have attacks left, disarm the one who is prone; if I still have attacks left, hit the one I first disarmed. I'll keep the rolls from my previous post.))

Avatar by Lord Iames Osari, Grand Admiral Thrawn by Timothy Zahn. Thanks to both!

9. - Top - End - #159
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Then Eviscerators action is draw weapon (the human-bane one) + ready to domino bull rush the prone guard when he gets up gets up and then domino bull rush him against an other guard (preferably the one spade targeted).
    (rolls in post 144, but with 2 less on initial bull rush)

RFC1925: With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. However, this is not necessarily a good idea.
    Math Rule of thumb: 1/X chance : There's about a 2/3 of it happening at least once in X tries

10. - Top - End - #160

Quote Originally Posted by sun_tzu View Post
    ((Well, my actions don't change much - try to disarm the assassin who is neither prone nor frozen first; if I still have attacks left, disarm the one who is prone; if I still have attacks left, hit the one I first disarmed. I'll keep the rolls from my previous post.))
    OOC:There were three assassin/guards. One of them peeled off, and went away. He's the sniper, and you don't know where he is. Didn't I say he went away? I'm fairly sure I did.
    Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #161

Quote Originally Posted by Halna LeGavilk View Post
    OOC:There were three assassin/guards. One of them peeled off, and went away. He's the sniper, and you don't know where he is. Didn't I say he went away? I'm fairly sure I did.
    ((Yes, that's correct. A page earlier, before the fight actually started. What confused me was that you posted initiative for three assassins, leading me to think all three were in this fight.
    Very well then. Spade will try to disarm the one who's prone, then knock him on the head with the flat of his blades for nonlethal damage.))

12. - Top - End - #162

OOC:The third assassin isn't "in the fight" persay. He's sniping you guys, and you don't know where he is.

IC:The assassin slashes at Spade's legs, but misses. Spade's swords fly out and knock the sword out of his hand. He grunts after he takes the hit after hit from Spade's swords, and finally falls unconcious, blood slowly seeping from a small wound in the back of his head.

OOC:I'm assuming that Eviscerator still takes those actions.

IC:Only three arrows fly out this time, accompianied by yelling and shouting. All three arrows miss their mark, landing harmlessly on the ground. Four Union Sentinels, heavily armed, come out in the street. "Had a bit of a scuffle, then, did we?" a dwarf in royal blue plate calls out.
    Last edited by Halna LeGavilk; 2007-12-30 at 09:17 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #163
    Halfling in the Playground

Jinx

Jinx looks up, at the guards.

"Yup more Garrote assassins probably from the looks of it. That would be the second time today they have tried to off us. But so far I like your city, what I have seen of it.

14. - Top - End - #164

The dwarf rubs his chin. "Garrote you say? Hmmm... I'll need to take you all in for questioning. As far as we know you haven't done anything, but the Garrote is nothing to trifle with. If they're coming after you, we'll need to know why. We'll also need to inform the Mercanes. " He looks at the frozen assassin who is starting to move a little bit, and the assassin on the ground, onconcious. He looks back up at you. "And next time, aim to kill, first shot, every shot. "
    Just as the assassin begins to unfreeze, the dwarf walks over and calmly hits the assassin on the head with his shield. The assassin crumples to the ground, bleeding. "Men, take these assassins in for questioning." The dwarf walks towards you. "I assume you people came here for a reason, and the faster we get through this questioning, the sooner we'll be let out." He pulls out a small blue key. "Touch the key."
    Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #165

Jinx

Jinx reaches out towards the blue key.

16. - Top - End - #166

Spade

"W..." Spade tries to tell Jinx to wait before touching the key, but is too late. Let's just hope this time, we're dealing with real guards. Then again, if they were more assassins, they'd probably just have joined the fight...

17. - Top - End - #167
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Eviscerator

The metal gaint looks to the key, blinks twice and then touches it with his left index finger.

((ooc: perhaps a good time to note that he's immune to everything mind-affecting (either for dominate or for Heightened Zone of Truth ...) ... though I still need a bluff check to lie ))

18. - Top - End - #168

Ki'Zanne

'Just about anything is better than getting ambushed by assassins every hundred yards,' Ki mused to herself as she reached out to touch the key.

-Walt Disney

19. - Top - End - #169
    Ogre in the Playground

Gnaf

Gnaf says nothing as he compresses back down to his usual size and paws at the key.

My Homebrew.

Assorted Arena stuff:
    Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #170

Spade

Assuming nothing bad obviously happens to the others, Spade touches the key.
    Last edited by sun_tzu; 2008-01-03 at 03:47 AM.

21. - Top - End - #171

OOC: That's everybody, right?

IC: The key glows bright blue for a second. You are all transported to the Union Police station. The dwarf leads you all to a big conference room.
    "I'll ask you questions as a group, to speed things up and becuse I don't think you guys did anything." He eyes you ever for a second, then continues. "Allright, first off, what are you here for in Union: business or pleasure? And if business, who are your employers?"
    Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #172
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

"Eviscerator / Big E"

The metal gaint follows the dwarf as they are leaded to the conference room. He has some trouble with the smaller doors, but otherwize he follows the 4 times smaller policeman to the room.

at the question, he thinks a little and replays
    "We came to union for business, but for security reasons, it would be best if our work and imployers remained unknown. It is my understanding that the Garrote is a very strong organisation, and any misshap could cost the life of our imployers"

23. - Top - End - #173

The dwarf eyes him suspiciously. "This is quite possibly the most secure fortress this side of the Material Plane. Look, I really need this information. Are your employers Mercane? You know that we work for the Mercanes, right?"
    Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #174

Jinx

Jinx slink off behind Big E hoping someone else will answer. Since this seems like one of those big important question.

Spoiler
    Show

hide (1d20+39)[45]

25. - Top - End - #175

Ki'Zanne

"We are... familiar with the Mercane, enough to know that they don't always appreciate their employees spreading their name to just any group of adventurers."

Spoiler
    Show
    Okay, this is such a long shot, but the roller might like me today. Spot check to see if this looks like a 'normal' constabulary: (1d20+4)[10]
    Last edited by Zimmia; 2008-01-08 at 09:01 PM.

-Walt Disney

26. - Top - End - #176

You don't spot anything particulerly unusual, though it's quite obvious that he has custom armor. He is probably of a higher rank than most, judging by the markings on his cuffs and shoulders.

He laughs. "Well, we're the police, not any 'adventurers'. But, I do know the Mercanes, and I realize that they choose their employees well, and that I probably won't get anything more out of you. You're free to go." He opens the door and strolls out.
    Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #177

Jinx

Jinx sneaks out from behind Big E.

So now what do we goto the boring library? Or go check out the matting habits or the Trolls?

28. - Top - End - #178
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Eviscerator

"I do not know ..."

29. - Top - End - #179

Where are you guys gonna go next?
    Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #180
    Ogre in the Playground

Gnaf

Troll mating habits aren't very remarkable or pleasant. Gnaf dryly states. Even if you could see it here I haven't a clue why anyone would. The boring library sounds better than that! If you have a death wish I could just eat you and save us the trouble of finding the trolls.

Mmmmm...

Say, why don't we look for a food stand of some sort? I don't usually bother with cooked stuff, but a hot meal before we see the ice would be good. It would let us see more of this plane and city too.

My Homebrew.

Assorted Arena stuff:
    Spoiler
    Show