New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 41 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141530 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Eberron: Shadows of the Last War (IC)

Upwelling

AoO - (1d20+1)[17]
    Damage - (1d8+1)[7]

In frustration against the fleshy meatpuppets in general, and against the reptillian meatpuppet in particular, Upwelling slams out with his hammer at the fleeing Kobold before he goes to stabalize Za.
    Life is a gamble, roll the dice. If your life is like cards, rig the deck.

"Boy, sure would be nice if we had some grenades, don'tchya think?" -Jayne
    Greatest number of kills In Valhalla Round 1 with Hsams Goht

2. - Top - End - #122
    Bugbear in the Playground

Broken Anvil Tavern

Upwelling's attack drops the Kobold in a brutal fashion. The final sound of spinal bone snapping is clearly audible to everyone in the tavern.

Lady Elaydren, peeks around from her table, to see the fight is over. Turning back to Garrock, she says "More assassins may show up at any moment. All of the information you need is in the left pocket of the backpack. Take it and go! Get out of the city as quickly as you can."

She quickly stands up and walks over to Saber's corpse. She picks up his crossbow and remaining bolts and turns towards the door. She stops long enough to reload, and look back to Upwelling. "Upwelling, your time serving as my protector is over. your new mission is to accompany these people and aid them in their quest. Do whatever you can for them."

She does not wait for any argument, or discussion. She takes off into the street, disappearing into a nearby alleyway.
    Last edited by Asmodeus; 2007-12-17 at 11:48 AM.
    The Tangled Web
    Our PbP games don't stop just because its Comic Day.

A Guide to Making Tactical Maps

3. - Top - End - #123
    Ogre in the Playground

Upwelling

Striding over to Za as quickly as he can, Upwelling rubs his holy symbol and seals her lesser wounds, stemming the flow of lifeblood until he can reassess the situation. His holy symbol glowing for a second, Upwelling channels a touch of positive energy to heal her, then, before healing her further, stands up and goes over to look Arzeal. Standing before him, silently, not even pretending to breathe, Upwelling is very plainly a construct, as he tonelessly repeats "Metal and wood isn't as good as bones and flesh?"

Spoiler
    Show
    Cure Minor for Za to Stabalize. Heal 1 pt.

4. - Top - End - #124

Broken Anvil Tavern

Za's wounds close, and her breathing becomes much more steady. However, she still remains unconscious.
    The Tangled Web

5. - Top - End - #125
    Orc in the Playground

Shaerdon

After seeing Lady Elaydren run out into the street. He turns to Garrock and the backpack after putting away his greatsword.
    "What is in the backpack, Garrock?" He asks wondering what could be so important.
    Incredible Avatar done expertly By Simius
    Spoiler
    Show

Awesome Bleach Sigatar done by Magioth.
    Amazing Falzar Avvy by thecrimsonmage.

6. - Top - End - #126

{OOC: Za is the one with the backpack. Might have a few bloodstains on it by now.}
    The Tangled Web

7. - Top - End - #127
    Ogre in the Playground

Zag'Rat

Relief washes over the artificer as Shaerdon destroys Saber finally and Upwelling lays low the fleeing kobold. Zag'Rat quickly hops to straddle the form of the leaking prophet of the Lord of Blades, hoping to prevent any of the strange final messengers from escaping to report the happenings here back. Looking over to Shaerdon, he asks the warrior,

"Gather Saber's weapons and anything else he had, perhaps we can learn something from them. He had some magical crossbow bolts when last we met him, some of his other equipment may be of exceptional quality. Anything of value on the kobolds should be left for the halfling to help her with the damages to her establishment."

When nothing springs from Saber's chest he thinks to help the fallen Za, but sees Upwelling is already seeing to her.

Spellcraft - (1d20+4)[10]

Recognising the spell as a simple cantrip, he is concerned as Upwelling moves to stand before the shifter.

Moving up beside him, but making sure to scuff his feet a bit so as to not to appear to be sneaking up on him, Zag'Rat speaks softly in the cleric's ear.

"Brother, for now the lady is in danger the longer we tarry here. Can you bring the changeling to a movable health, or will we need to carry her?"

Diplomacy - (1d20+1)[15]

Spoiler
    Show

Sorry, hoped I could get my edits in, didnt want to have to make a bunch of posts and you cant put new rolls in edits. Spellcraft was to recognise the spell of Upwelling and Diplomacy was to try to calm Upwelling down. Hope that's more evident now with my edits.

Last edited by Diarmuid; 2007-12-17 at 04:34 PM.

8. - Top - End - #128

Garrock

"Za had the backpack, Shaerdon." Garrock says, putting his crossbow away. He picks up his cane and goes back around the table. He goes over and checks on Za. He picks up the bag, but doesn't open it yet. Then, he walks over to Upwelling. "Hello. My name is Garrock Austvale. Nice to meet you," he says, extending his hand to shake.
    Just another souless construct out for world peace and harmony.

Campaign Setting- The Slow Death

Auron Avatar courtesy of Ink.

9. - Top - End - #129
    Orc in the Playground

Shaerdon

"I coulda sworn.....anyway, Za what all is in that pack? I am Shaerdon, by the way, Shaerdon Darkleaf, it's a pleasure." He says turning to Upwelling and then seeing unconcious Za. "Oh nuts."
    Last edited by Slash_712; 2007-12-17 at 04:39 PM. Reason: Cause I forgot one of my teammates was unconcious
    Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #130
    Ogre in the Playground

Za

Za dreams of what could happen because she can't stop it. She sees Zag'rat and Upwelling confronting Arzeal over what he said, and hears him try and fail to explain himself. She sees Upwelling take a swing at Arzeal for his foolish declaration... An attentive and conscious listener can hear her murmur "Arzeal...you dummy..."
    Quote Originally Posted by Asmodeus View Post
    However, the general consensus about the best way to stop a monster from attacking is to kill it. In the case of undead, we recommend killing it again.
    2 useful principles for keeping roleplaying games fun.

11. - Top - End - #131
    Ogre in the Playground

Upwelling

"I go by the name Upwelling. I will try to return her to consciousness." Rubbing his holy symbol again, Upwelling returns to Za, and placing a hand on her chest, and raising his left to the heavens, he entreats "Onatar! God of the Forge! Patron of we of metal and wood, crafted by art, and forged for war! Spark of innovation!" Drawing his Warhammer and holding it aloft in his left hand, he continues to call upon his diety "Grant this one strength anew! Give her a chance to show her craft! I pledge myself to forge a new armor to keep this crafter of innovations from requiring your blessing as often! Grant your most humble servant a trickle of your might o forgemaster! Her quest for knowledge is not yet done! We of metal and wood, we know of your glory! Give me the power to seal her wounds further, and light the path so that I may show her the way to your side! Let your creation's creation, your forged, forged, forge a new life! Grant her more time!"

CureLightWounds - (1d8+1)[3]

12. - Top - End - #132

{OOC: *golf-claps at the emmy-winning performance*}

The pious cleric pleads his his patron diety for favors, and it appears that they are answered. A holy light begins to glow around Upwelling's hand, and as he completes his cries to the distant god of artifice, the light seeps into Za's chest, and her wounds are healed even further. Within a few moments, her eyes begin to open.
    The Tangled Web

13. - Top - End - #133
    Ogre in the Playground

Za

The instant Za's eyes snap open, she looks around the room. Once she sees Saber's dead body and that her nightmare hasn't come true, she asks, "Hey, Arzeal, you really meant that your flesh and bone was stronger than Saber's wood and steel, right? You accidentally sounded like you were insulting all warforged, not just him." If he doesn't start being difficult, she turns to Upwelling and says "Sorry about Arzeal; he doesn't have my way with words. Thanks for healing me, by the way. Upwelling, wasn't it? I'm Za. I've gotta admit, the Host is pretty classy to help a Six worshiper like me. She pauses for a second, before continuing in the tradition of mocking people who get themselves knocked out by doing something stupid. "I wonder if that backpack has a book in it called 'How to Dodge'...hey, where'd it go?" she asks as she notices that it's negligible weight is gone.
    Last edited by Winged One; 2007-12-17 at 10:00 PM. Reason: Finished incomplete thought.
    However, the general consensus about the best way to stop a monster from attacking is to kill it. In the case of undead, we recommend killing it again.

14. - Top - End - #134

Arzeal

Slowly coming back to normal, Arzeal, realizing he is being berated with question from the other warforged, looks at them and clearly states Well today, Flesh and Bone, as he pokes himself, proved stronger than Metal and Wood, as he gives a good swift kick to the corpse of Saber. And obviously wood is stronger than metal, as he tings his greatclub against the now limp body at his feet.

Trailing off looking around at the kobolds and everything else in the roomHrm i wonder why they don't make wooded swords. If Wood really is stronger than metal, why use metal? Hrm.. I know that Zag'Rat is stronger than wood, but he's made of special metal. why don't they just make all warforged out of special metal like that. who designed them anyways. they should have thought it through.

turning his head back to the group You know, you two are probably the two best warforged. they made you out of special metals, why don't they do that with all of you warforged?
    Never come between a Dwarf and his Ale
    Spoiler
    Show

Made by Arokh

Character Sheets
    Spoiler
    Show

Arzeal
    Shylain
    Halia
    Krannin

Arena Characters
    Cyn
    Fannir

Awesome Runic Dwarf Avatar by Bayar

15. - Top - End - #135
    Ogre in the Playground

Zag'Rat

Zag'Rat's mouth moved wordlessly as he tried to decide how best to respond to the shifter's comments. He decided that a time when the man's blood was not running so hot after being in mortal danger would be a better time to have such a philiosophical debate. One that just might end in them finding out just how superior admantine is to wood.

Smiling to the now awake Za, he again tries to diffuse the situation with a distraction,

"Za, Garrock has the bag and we need to leave. Shaerdon is gathering Saber's belongings, the wonderful halfling woman has agreed to clean up after the kobolds, and Lady d'Vown would very much like us to leave the city. Upwelling, do you have proper documents? We may be questioned when we leave."

He begins moing toward Garrock and ushering him out the door.

16. - Top - End - #136
    Ogre in the Playground

Za
    Za, of course, appreciates a good distraction. "Okay. Hey, Garrock, do you have that one spell that I can't pronounce that lets you clean stuff? We can't really go around covered in blood, after all." She asks, slipping a hand into the left pocket of the backpack, taking out the first thing that feels like a piece of paper she finds, and reading it.

[ooc]If it's a Handy Haverstack, the instructions should go into her hand because that's what she's looking for.[/ooc]

17. - Top - End - #137

(Zagrat)
    Spoiler
    Show
    While standing over Saber's chest, expecting a flying messenger, you notice that one Azreal's attacks somehow managed to damage the messenger. It is still attached to Saber, but it is not in working condition.

Za reaches into the pack and finds that her arm goes much deeper into the pack than one would expect. It is a Handy Haversack, as she suspected. Inside, she can feel that there are several items, and two of them feel like paper. In a way, it feels almost like both papers are fighting to reach your hand, but in the end, one wins out. When she draws her hand back out, she is holding a rolled letter.

(Letter)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Last edited by Asmodeus; 2007-12-18 at 01:34 PM.
    The Tangled Web

18. - Top - End - #138
    Orc in the Playground

Shaerdon

Shaerdon will begin to pick up Saber's things.
    Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #139

(Sheardon)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Saber's Posessions:
    1 longsword
    1 travelling cloak
    1 backpack
    (crossbow and bolts were taken by Elaydren)
    The Tangled Web

20. - Top - End - #140

Garrock

"What's the letter say, Za?" Garrock asks. He glances out the window to see if it's still raining. "We ought to get going, but we probably shouldn't get the letter wet."
    Just another souless construct out for world peace and harmony.

Campaign Setting- The Slow Death

Auron Avatar courtesy of Ink.

21. - Top - End - #141
    Ogre in the Playground

Upwelling

Pulling his papers out of his pack, and unrolling them to show Zag'Rat, he says "Lady Elaydren was kind enough to have papers drawn up for me after I was recovered from the battlefield."

Turning to face Arzeal, Upwelling tells him, in the same flat tone he used before "If your opinion is such, we may have need to have words later. For now, let us depart."

22. - Top - End - #142
    Ogre in the Playground

Zag'Rat

Concerned that the contraption may have still been able to record the events, Zag'Rat attempts to pry the messenger free from it's compartment and store it in an empty flask from his pack (assuming it will fit).

Assuming Za either passes the note around or reads it aloud,

"So, to Rhukaan Draal we must go. You probably know the best route to take Za, so if you wouldnt mind taking the lead?"

23. - Top - End - #143

The rain outside still comes down, but it has lessened to barely a drizzle at this point.

Zagrat manages to retrieve the contraption, but it doesn't fit inside a flask. He can easily story it within his pack though.
    Last edited by Asmodeus; 2007-12-18 at 01:37 PM.
    The Tangled Web

24. - Top - End - #144
    Ogre in the Playground

Upwelling

Noticing Za'grat's newfound 'toy', Upwelling is suddenly interested. "Can I see that?" he asks, and assuming Za'grat passes it over, he attempts to get a feel for how damaged it is, and what work would be necessary to reprogram it.

CraftWeaponry - (1d20+6)[24]

25. - Top - End - #145

Upwelling

Your skill with crafting weaponry gives you no insight into the creation of Constructs, such as this device.
    The Tangled Web

26. - Top - End - #146
    Orc in the Playground

Shaerdon

Gathering Saber's belongings, Shaerdon then asks Za again about the contents of the pack.
    Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #147

{OOC: Just a reminder, everyone who is picking up things, be sure to update your character sheet inventory.

Also, any amunition you may have used during the combat needs to be recorded.}
    The Tangled Web

28. - Top - End - #148
    Ogre in the Playground

Upwelling

"My mistake, I thought I was incorrect as to what type of device it was. Make sure that thing doesn't activate." Returning the Final Messenger to Za'grat, Upwelling goes to retrieve his spiked heavy steel shield from where he laid it down to heal Za.

29. - Top - End - #149
    Ogre in the Playground

Za

Za passes the instructions around, lost in thought. She sheathes her rapier, gets her bow off the ground, and puts it back on her back, still trying to remember everything that could possibly help.

[ooc]KnowledgeLocal - (1d20+3)[4], take 10 on INT checks for 11 for all knowledge covered by other subskills: what does she know about the destinations given in Lady E's letter, including possible routes to the first destination?[/ooc]

30. - Top - End - #150

Za

Za knows that travel is typically done by land, sea, or air. House Orien, or House Lyrandar controls these industries.

She knows that the Land of Darguun is primarily controlled by the goblinoid races, and that the Mournland was once known as Cyre, before tragedy struck during the Last War.

{OOC: Gather Information check, if you want to find specific possibilities for travel out of the city, or some more specific information checks, if you want more detailed information.}
    The Tangled Web