New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 41 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151631 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Eberron: Shadows of the Last War (IC)

Za

After she's done picking her stuff up, Za says "...I've got nothin'. Khyber, I can't even remember why they call it the Mournland besides something bad happening when it was Cyre. I hope all goblins aren't like that little bastard who ran the Rat's Market..."
    Quote Originally Posted by Asmodeus View Post
    However, the general consensus about the best way to stop a monster from attacking is to kill it. In the case of undead, we recommend killing it again.
    2 useful principles for keeping roleplaying games fun.

2. - Top - End - #152
    Orc in the Playground

Shaerdon

Admiring the belongings that he picked up from Saber, Shaerdon then dawns the cloak. "So where to now?" He asks.
    Last edited by Slash_712; 2007-12-18 at 10:53 PM.
    Incredible Avatar done expertly By Simius
    Spoiler
    Show

Awesome Bleach Sigatar done by Magioth.
    Amazing Falzar Avvy by thecrimsonmage.

3. - Top - End - #153
    Ogre in the Playground

Za
    "Hey, Garrock, would it be okay with you if we went to your dad's place again while we figure out how to get to Rhukaan Draal and what's in the bag, or do you think there's too much of a chance someone'll follow us there?" Za asks.
    However, the general consensus about the best way to stop a monster from attacking is to kill it. In the case of undead, we recommend killing it again.

4. - Top - End - #154
    Bugbear in the Playground

Arzeal

well we best get a move on, as much as i would like to beat up more of them, if they keep coming we will have problems.
    Never come between a Dwarf and his Ale
    Spoiler
    Show

Made by Arokh

Character Sheets
    Spoiler
    Show

Arzeal
    Shylain
    Halia
    Krannin

Arena Characters
    Cyn
    Fannir

Awesome Runic Dwarf Avatar by Bayar

5. - Top - End - #155
    Ogre in the Playground

Upwelling

A scrunching noise, emulating the sound of metal teeth grinding echos from Upwelling, but other then that, he remains quiet and follows the group.
    Life is a gamble, roll the dice. If your life is like cards, rig the deck.

"Boy, sure would be nice if we had some grenades, don'tchya think?" -Jayne
    Greatest number of kills In Valhalla Round 1 with Hsams Goht

6. - Top - End - #156

Broken Anvil Tavern

Upwelling may be following the party, but the problem is that the party isn't going anywhere. Everyone seems to be standing around confused.

{OOC: Sheardon, Garrock, and Zagrat each take a -100 XP Penalty
    You are level 2 now, so the penalty has gone up.}
    The Tangled Web
    Our PbP games don't stop just because its Comic Day.

A Guide to Making Tactical Maps

7. - Top - End - #157
    Ogre in the Playground

oh for the love of...filler filler filler

Spoiler
    Show

when my character specifically asks questions, it just seems strange to post again before they've been answered or even acknowledged. Heck, maybe I'll take another one so I lose my level and then when we get more XP I can reroll y horrendous hit die.
    Last edited by Diarmuid; 2007-12-21 at 09:45 AM.

8. - Top - End - #158
    Orc in the Playground

Shaerdon

Filler, filler, and more filler
    I am with Diarmuid on this one, posting before a question has been answered is obsurd.
    Incredible Avatar done expertly By Simius
    Spoiler
    Show

Awesome Bleach Sigatar done by Magioth.
    Amazing Falzar Avvy by thecrimsonmage.

9. - Top - End - #159

Garrock

Quote Originally Posted by Winged One View Post
    Za
    "Hey, Garrock, would it be okay with you if we went to your dad's place again while we figure out how to get to Rhukaan Draal and what's in the bag, or do you think there's too much of a chance someone'll follow us there?" Za asks.
    "I don't think that's a good idea, Za. I don't want these people finding my father while we're gone. Why don't we just find an inn, or go to the University?" Garrock says.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Asmodeus
    {OOC: Sheardon, Garrock, and Zagrat each take a -100 XP Penalty
    You are level 2 now, so the penalty has gone up.}
    Sorry for not posting, I've been sick with the flu for the last couple of days.
    Quote Originally Posted by Asmodeus
    Upwelling may be following the party, but the problem is that the party isn't going anywhere. Everyone seems to be standing around confused.
    We haven't gone anywhere because we haven't decided where we're going yet.
    Just another souless construct out for world peace and harmony.

Campaign Setting- The Slow Death

Auron Avatar courtesy of Ink.

10. - Top - End - #160
    Ogre in the Playground

Za

"'kay. Morgrave it is, since it sounds like we'll need to save our money to spend on magic stuff and food and weapons." Za says. She motions to the backpack Elaydren gave them. "Mind if I take that? I know it's light enough that it's probably magic, but I think I should hold onto it until we know if putting your spellbook and crossbow in will mess with it." She takes the pack if Garrock lets her, but leads the way to Morgrave regardless of his answer.
    Last edited by Winged One; 2007-12-21 at 02:17 PM. Reason: Moving the plot at least a little bit

11. - Top - End - #161

Morgrave University

The University District in Upper Menthis is home to Morgrave University. This seat of knowledge is by no means the finest university in the land of Khorvaire, but it is perhaps the most accessible. Many rumors fly that this university is more interested in recovering and selling artifacts from Xen'drik than in a proper education.

Students carrying armloads of books and scrolls hustle to class, while others sit or stand in circles, discussing the days lessons. The group arrives in the university district easily, with Za in the lead. Both her and Garrock are well associated with this area. A scant few even wave to Garrock in passing, recognizing him as a member of the staff.
    Last edited by Asmodeus; 2007-12-21 at 02:59 PM.
    The Tangled Web

12. - Top - End - #162
    Ogre in the Playground

"It's been a while, so where's a good spot to plan this without anyone around?" Za asks Garrock when they arrive, suddenly revealing how tense and wary she was by relaxing completely.

13. - Top - End - #163

{OOC: Want to make a know: local to find a tavern or inn or something, WO? If so, tell me what sort of establishment you want.}
    The Tangled Web

14. - Top - End - #164
    Ogre in the Playground

[ooc]A room in Morgrave that is empty at this time of day, hence why she's asking Garrock; as she said, it's been a while.[/ooc]

15. - Top - End - #165

Garrock

[EDIT]Knowledge local check on OOC thread.
    {OOC: Ack, triple ninja'd. Shouldn't have left that post sitting for 15 minutes. Anyway, answer to Za's question pending finding out how much I know.}[/EDIT]

"Well, I'm going to the library to do some research." Garrock says, and heads off in that direction.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The subjects I want to research are:
    • Whitehearth
    • Darguun
    • The Mournland
    • Schemas

In that order.
    I've got a few questions.
    1. What time is it?
    2. How long will it take to research one subject?
    3. What sort of bonus will having access to the University library give?
    4. What and how many knowledge checks should I make?
    Last edited by Rigel Cyrosea; 2007-12-21 at 04:28 PM.

16. - Top - End - #166
    Ogre in the Playground

Za

Za addresses the rest of the group after looking around to make sure nobody's listening. "Okay, that'll work. Nobody talk any louder than this" she speaks the last word softly enough that anyone who isn't near her won't understand, "when we get there, and if anyone asks what we're doing there, tell them to ask me. Don't mention that the reason you want them to ask me is because I'm a better liar than you are, and don't mention where we're really going if there's anyone around. And for gods' sakes, don't tell anyone the truth when I tell them that we're planning a trip to Xen'drik." She follows Garrock.

17. - Top - End - #167
    Ogre in the Playground

Zag'Rat

The artificer was much more confident with Za and Garrock taking the lead and taking them somewhere they would be safe with a lot of people around. His mind raced with the different possibilities of what could be the reason for all this new interest.

And while he is glad to have met Upwelling and glad to have another 'forged along, he also cant help but wonder about Celedor and hopes everything is alright with the priest. He voices his thoughts softly, as instructed by Za, to those who knew the elf,

"I hope nothing has befallen Celedor. I would hate to think that perhaps Saber was able to locate him in the city and garnered our whereabouts or information about the service we performed for the lady from him. No, I'm sure he simply heard another calling of his ancestors and was needed elsewhere."

It is difficult to determine who he is trying to convince, you all...or himself.

Coming back to the matter at hand, he brings up the topic he had hoped would have been covered by now, but has not.

"Za, can you see if there is a map in that bag? Unfortunately, my life has not led me to stray from Sharn since I was repaired those years ago. I am unsure where this Rhukaan Draal place is. If it is far, we will need to see about gathering provisions for the four of you, and maybe horses...and then I guess provisions for the horses. My, this had certainly turned into a grand adventure."

He finds himself wringing his hands feeling as if he should be doing something. Looking around, he spies the items taken from Saber.

"Would you hand me those items, I may be able to tell if they have any special properties."

Assuming they are handed over, he will take each one in turn, turning them over in his hands for a minute while concentrating on the item.

Artificer Knowledge on Sword - (1d20+5)[24]

Artificer Knowledge on Cloak - (1d20+5)[14]

[roll=Artificer Knowlege on Backpack]1d20+5[roll]

18. - Top - End - #168
    Ogre in the Playground

meh...

Artificer Knowlege on Backpack - (1d20+5)[11]

19. - Top - End - #169

Zagrat spends several minutes, studying each item in turn... He can quickly surmise that the blade has been crafted with a touch of magical power. He can almost reach out and touch the web of energy woven into its fiber.

The pack and cloak both appear to be mundane to the artificer's eye though.
    The Tangled Web

20. - Top - End - #170
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Not much to post with, so I'll post with a more detailed description of Upwelling since y'all've had time to fully look him over now. Got a character sketch in the making, but it may differ on some of the minor points. (I try not to restrict my artist.)

Upwelling

Action points 3/5
    HP: 5/10 -> 10/10

Upwelling strides along, his pace carefully measured to give the maximum movement for the least effort, the classic build of a warforged two-toed foot slamming forward with at least an attempt at quietness, yet having all the subtelty and finesse of a warhammer. The foot itself has a layer of skin-like adamantine, with the bracings and joint especially armored. In fact, all of his joints are solidly armored, and in between are plates of adamantine, sinched together like scale-mail on a larger scale. His left arm is almost completely obscured by the large steel shield, adorned and decorated by spikes that turn this defensive item into a weapon. His right hand is currently empty, but any fool calling him unarmed, would be that indeed, as as bands of adamantine work across the back of his 'fist', giving him a weighty blow indeed. The warhammer is in a small loop on the belt that cinches the blue robes of a cleric to his form, and while the robes themselves are unadorned, they part as they rise higher, and in the center of his 'chest' is a large metal disk that has been rotated to conceal the holy symbol of Onatar you know to be present underneith. On that lean belt is two small pouches, and across his back, is hung a small, carefully balanced, leather pack. His warhammer, when looked at more specifically has an image of a warforged smith on one side working on what appears to be a mechanical arm, while on the other, it has the image of a armored figure smashing a misshapen abberation. The true defining part of each Warforged, thier ghulra, is even odder on Upwelling, as his is misshapen and seems almost half melted, as if it were damaged, and the repairman couldn't quite tell what it was and tried to aproximate two different ones.

When Upwelling realizes that the group is heading to a library, he takes a second to himself, and rubbing his holy symbol once before dropping a protective covering over it, he subvocalizes a prayer to Onatar to help repair his form, and as he does it, the dented and warped plates of his middle seem to twist and flow back into one smooth unit. Looking slightly dismayed at the small slit in his robe, Upwelling does his best to smooth it out, and resolves to spend the better part of the night working to fix it.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Burning 1 action point to keep Repair Light Damage. Repair - (1d8+1)[8]
    Last edited by Seffbasilisk; 2007-12-22 at 03:06 AM.

21. - Top - End - #171
    Ogre in the Playground

Zag'Rat

A keen interest paints itself across the artificer's face as he handles the sword. When he looks up, there's a rare glint of excitement on his features that is a welcome change to the suspicious, glum look he's had since the group found itself once again emperiled for their lives.

"There is an enchantment laid upon this blade. No wonder that monster found us such an easy challenge. All the more credit to the two of you for putting him down. When we have some time, I should be able to determine the exact nature of the enchantment."

He nods to Arzeal and Shaerdon as he says this, respect clear in his voice.

After he handles the others, he is disappointed but not surprised by his findings.

"I dont believe either of these holds any special powers other than perhaps being made well."

Happy to have had a focus for 10 minutes, Zag'Rat is able to use those distractions to occupy his mind for almost another hour. Eventually though, the feeling that he should be doing something returns. He begins giving himself a once over, making sure that all of his armored plates are in proper order. He finds the small dent where the kobold jabbed at him, but decides he can work on that later, perhaps when his fleshy friends are sleeping. While so occupied, he remembers that his companion 'forged was damaged during the fight at the inn.

"Upwelling, were you overly injured during our battle? When you first arrived, I noticed you bear the same plating as I do, but Saber was much mightier than the kobolds."

Spoiler
    Show

Azmo can decide if you were able to cast the spell or not, and we can take it from there Seff.

22. - Top - End - #172
    Ogre in the Playground

Upwelling

Facing Zag'Rat, and half-sliding his disc to the side to show his holy symbol Upwelling simply replies "I was. But Saber is nothing compared to the benevolent might of Onatar." Shifting his robes slightly, Upwelling displays his stomach plates, completly unharmed.

23. - Top - End - #173

Garrock

"I can cast a repair spell on either of you, if you need it," Garrock says to Upwelling and Zag'rat. (If they ask, he will cast the spell while they walk.)
    Once he reachs the library, Garrock starts moving through the shelves, obvioulsy familiar with the layout. He pulls several books off in the history section, and then lugs them over to a table, where he immediately begins studying the contents.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Taking 10 on a Knowledge (history) check about whitehearth, giving me 22 (+8 skill, +4 library bonus). This gives me moderate information.

Then, exactly the same check for Darguun.

Then, if it's before 11:00, same check for the Mournland. At 11:00, Garrock is going to bed, whether the research is finished or not.
    Last edited by Rigel Cyrosea; 2007-12-22 at 05:13 PM.

24. - Top - End - #174

After 8 hours of study, you find the following information.

Spoiler
    Show
    You find absolutely nothing about Whitehearth. Not surprising, considering it is a secret facility.

Darguun:
    The land of goblinoids was once considered a part of Cyre, but since they rebelled in the Last War, they have claimed that they are an independant nation. The leader of the nation, The Lhesh Haruuc, bound the warring goblin tribes together under his iron-fisted leadership shortly after. Ruins from Cyre and the Dhakaani Empire are scattered across Darguun. The Dhakaani Empire existed before the humanoids ever stepped foot on this continent.

Mournlands:
    The amount of history available about the Mournlands is limited, because it has been in existance for such a short time. It was the nation of Cyre up until an arcane cataclysm in 994 YK, on what is now called the Day of Mourning. Since then, Cyran ruins cover the landscape in the Mournland.
    Last edited by Asmodeus; 2007-12-22 at 07:01 PM.
    The Tangled Web

25. - Top - End - #175
    Ogre in the Playground

Za
    While Garrock does his research, Za empties the backpack Lady Elaydren gave them onto a convinient table, one item at a time. She reads any documents or other writing contained within unless it says something nearby like "will explode if read." "If you think any of this stuff might be magic, then take a look. I know that the backpack itself is, and if you can, I want to know exactly how much stuff it'll fit, why it felt like a couple of pieces of paper in the left pocket were fighting to get into my hand earlier, and if there's anything I ought to avoid doing with it." She whispers to Zag'rat as she begins the process.
    Last edited by Winged One; 2007-12-22 at 07:13 PM.

26. - Top - End - #176

(Contents of the bag)
    Spoiler
    Show

Center Pocket:
    80 arrows
    80 bolts
    50 ft of silk rope
    5 bedrolls
    5 waterskins, filled
    15 days of trail rations

Right Pocket:
    1 everbright lantern
    1 flint and steel
    1 healer's kit
    5 torches
    3 sacks

Left Pocket:
    1 letter from lady Elaydren(already taken out)
    3 vials of clear liquid, marked with the symbol of the host
    3 vials with amber liquid, unmarked
    1 tiny rod of blue metal, 3 inches in length, sapphire on one end.
    1 pouch containing 150 pp
    1 casket containing 500 gp
    1 letter of credit, good for passage via House Orien or House Lyrandar to Rhukaan Draal.
    Last edited by Asmodeus; 2007-12-22 at 09:26 PM.
    The Tangled Web

27. - Top - End - #177
    Ogre in the Playground

Zag'Rat

As Za goes through the pockets, Zag'Rat asks for one of each of the vials to be handed to him as well as the small rod. Careful to try and keep what he's doing from being too obvious, he peruses the items for magical properties.

Spoiler
    Show

Artificer Knowledge Clear Potion - (1d20+5)[7]
    Artificer Knowledge Amber Potion - (1d20+5)[25]
    Artificer Knowledge Metal Rod - (1d20+5)[19]

Part of me doesnt wonder if Azmo shouldnt be making those rolls for me, so I dont know when I've failed and will be less inclined to ask Beef Upwellington to cast a Detect Magic to verify my claims.

He also asks to see the notes and after reading the letter of credit he turns to Za,

"Za, would these houses have transportation methods available here in Sharn, or would we need to head towards the coast?"

28. - Top - End - #178
    Ogre in the Playground

Upwelling

When Garrock starts his research, Upwelling asks him "Garrock. I know we have just become acquainted, but I am unfamiliar with this facility. Could you help me find materials on a subject I wish to study while you are occupied? I wish to know more of my....my creation. Humans are told of thier birth, all I was told was that I was created. Never how. As far back as I remember, I've just praised Onatar for the inspiration he granted House Cannilith to birth us, I just wish to know more...how."

29. - Top - End - #179

Morgrave Library

Zagrat can determine that both the amber liquid and the small rod are magical in nature.
    The Tangled Web

30. - Top - End - #180

Arzeal

Seeing everyone feeling at home in their own way, Arzeal kinda feels out of place, and uneasy.

So how long do we need to stay here, I didn't like those looks I was given on the way in, and I just don't feel right here in this place.
    Never come between a Dwarf and his Ale
    Spoiler
    Show

Made by Arokh

Character Sheets
    Spoiler
    Show

Arzeal
    Shylain
    Halia
    Krannin

Arena Characters