New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Quests of Tabor IC

She extended her hand gingerly, giving him time to grasp her gauntlet. "That's a kind offer I'd be curious to take you up on if your claims pass muster." Perhaps he wasn't the best with words; an unfortunate side-effect of being born into a society and pantheon that didn't give a wide berth for formal education...but certainly he was now on a better path. She hoped he coulddeliver. It had been a while since she'd found a consistent and quality potions' seller. "My name's Thayra. You are..?
    GreedLing avatar by Ceika
    Playing Thorn in Knee Breakers

more

2. - Top - End - #32
    Ogre in the Playground

With little effort, Thayra remembers some details about shapeshifters, specifically, there are a lot of different kinds. Some are monstrosities that have no clear weakness, some were humanoids at one point that became cursed and are harder to kill, requiring magic to harm them permanently. Some are outsiders that enjoy the suffering of the free people's of this world.

As the niceties continue, a loud crash comes from the south side and several people start screaming. Barely a moment passes before every single guard is running in that direction, hands on their weapons and armor clanking. Elu, being taller than anyone in the crowd has the best view.

Spoiler: ooc
    Show
    so thayra can remember a lot about shapeshifters, just say which one you want more info on, Elu can make a perception check. I got sick of my computer and posted from my phone so it's a shorter one.

I'm back.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Ogre in the Playground

"I'm Weavul, Weavul Gle-" the goblin turn away at the commotion. "hmm, whats the matter?" Seeing the guards running, he excuses himself. "Sorrys, but maybe chance to show my stuffs. Guards not like interruption from others, but love being stronger, yes?" He gives a quick bow to Thayra, her horse, and Gurt and goes to see if he can make a demonstration of his abilities.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Heading in the direction of the guards, to see what's going on. He'll keep a clear distance once he sees the trouble. I assume he'll still be too far to see anything before Elu does. (1d20+1)[8] in case JNA rolls low and/or for what Weavul sees if he arrives at a different viewpoint.

4. - Top - End - #34
    Orc in the Playground

Planetar

The screams from somewhere off in the distance cause Thutmouck to jump to his feet. "Well that doesn't sound good." He mutters to himself as he finds his equipment, and then sets off to follow the guards. He keeps an eye out for anyone injured along the way, or in need of divine protection.

Show
    Thutmouck will be looking for the source of the commotion as well

Perception:(1d20+7)[26]

5. - Top - End - #35
    Colossus in the Playground

Cursing under their breath, Elu charges forward, drawing their weapon and shield and regretting leaving their armor elsewhere.

Show
    What do I see?
    I have a LOT of Homebrew!

Spoiler: Former Avatars
    Show
    Spoiler: Avatar (Not In Use) By Linkele
    Show

Spoiler: Individual Avatar Pics
    Show

6. - Top - End - #36
    Barbarian in the Playground

DwarfFighterGuy

Gurt nods to Weavul and sees Thayer charge off. He quickly puts the most valuable of his wares into his bag of holding. After getting a few items into his bag he steps outside his stall and clicks his boots together. Little rockets pop out and Gurt flies up and heads towards the disturbance.

Show

Activate Boots of Flying, speed 25 ft

Flying 10 ft above the ground

Perception (1d20+1)[17]

7. - Top - End - #37
    Troll in the Playground

Clearly enough guards and merchants headed towards the commotion that it was important, but Thayra headed past it, into the road. Surely, if any culprits might try to run away, someone would need to be there to stop them. As she walked she ruminated on the poor treatment of Werebears. From what she remembered, they've been misunderstood among the other Lycanthropes for a long time, leading to a lot of vicious and unjustified slayings that should have fallen upon the actual monstrous ones; the lack of education was the real killer here.

She looked around, putting this history out of her mind, and decided to intimidate anyone who'd want to escape the marketplace. She drew her sword and to anyone who left the market by the way of the street, she'd present an imposing figure of authority.

Spoiler: Rolling Intimidation
    Show

(1d20+8)[21]

more

8. - Top - End - #38
    Troll in the Playground

To anyone that was running away, Thayra decided she'd level her hammer at them and instruct imperiously, Stay here and keep watch for others leaving! We must be on alert for the culprit.
    Last edited by ~Corvus~; 2021-07-01 at 04:33 PM.

more