New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Dungeon of Strangeness

Labs ain't got not time for Kalliste's foul complaints, because he has his own complaints to bring to bear! And she is easily distracted anyway.

The mental voice chimes in, and not only does Labs' axe now crackle with lightning, it also makes his beard crackle, giving it that extra puffy look! Charged as he is now, he does his best impression of a graceful gymnast twisting, jumping, saltoing, and even swinging on a chandelier that may or may not have been there before to move to the Manager's flank and bring down his mighty axe.

Spoiler: Actions
    Show
    Move Labs tumbles through Rosidragon's squares at full speed without penalty (due to Exaggerated Tumble) to B8.
    Tumble (1d20+13)[26]

Standard Attack the Manager (1d20+10)[23], (1d12+7)[14] damage + (1d6)[5] lightning damage

2. - Top - End - #212
    Titan in the Playground

"Suck on poison you stupid feather duster!" snapped Elexis, swinging his blade at the summoned creature.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Full attack. First successful attack on it forces it to make a DC 16 Fort save or take 2d12 damage for primary.

(1d20+8)[12]
    (1d20+3)[4]
    Cool elan Illithid Slayer by linkele.

Editor/co-writer of Magicae Est Potestas, a crossover between Artemis Fowl and Undertale. Ao3 FanFiction.net DeviantArt
    We also have a TvTropes page!

Currently playing: Red Hand of Doom(campaign journal) Campaign still going on, but journal discontinued until further notice.

Quote Originally Posted by Squire Doodad View Post
    I could write a lengthy explanation, but honestly just what danielxcutter said.
    Extended sig here.

3. - Top - End - #213
    Ogre in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

The big bird isn't affected by Elexis swing but looks at him, with a certain disgust. It sqeaks loudly, lashing out with it's beek and runs away.

Spoiler: Attack against Elexis
    Show

Attack: (1d20+9)[25]
    Damage: (2d6+4)[12]

Spoiler: Infernal
    Show
    Hey! I'm going to eat you!

Both Kalliste and Labs attack connect succesfully bringing some panic towards the Manager. He would try to reach for the magical rescue button under his desk but that got destroyed… Along with his desk.

Instead he casts a spell and disappears… Only to reappear on top of one of the massive cupboards.

"You won't get me! You have one last chance to surrender!"

Spoiler: No AoO's
    Show
    The bird has spring attack and The Manager's Concentration is too high too fail his defensive casting.

Hi. I wanted to say thank you for rescuing me. I hope this helps you a little.

Spoiler: Party effect.
    Show
    You all gain 5 ThP's.

Spoiler: Map
    Show
    Last edited by Alhallor; 2022-02-24 at 09:17 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ridai View Post
    No no no, not speaking while fighting. Speaking with the fighting!

That rabite monk dive-blobbing you in the face, followed by hooking teeth into your belt and suplexing you is a woefully poorly understood way of remarking on how nice the weather is.

4. - Top - End - #214
    Titan in the Playground

"Thanks, it actually does," muttered the hexblade, pointing at the Manager and saying a fell word.

Show
    I use my Hexblade's Curse on the manager dude. DC 19 Will save.

Editor/co-writer of Magicae Est Potestas, a crossover between Artemis Fowl and Undertale. Ao3 FanFiction.net DeviantArt

Currently playing: Red Hand of Doom(campaign journal) Campaign still going on, but journal discontinued until further notice.

Extended sig here.

5. - Top - End - #215
    Firbolg in the Playground

Kalliste groans and gives chase, trying to maneuver nimbly through the immediate vicinity of the still totally CUTE bird (although the bird's looked friendly and harmless enough thus far). She's already closing in on the cupboard when two sudden realizations hit her, prompting her to groan again. Rosi! she calls out to the mighty Rosidragon. You're a dragon! Well, dragon enough for their purposes anyway. BREATHE ON THE ROBE GUY! she bellows with triumphant glee, before turning her attention elsewhere.
    Spoiler: INFERNAL!
    Show
    Is that, you know, Infernal that I'm hearin'? she addresses Birdy most cordially, shooting a friendly smile in the creature's direction. Which plane?

Spoiler: Checks & stuff.
    Show

K. double moves to N8, traversing Birdy's threatened area at M10.
    Tumble: (1d20+14)[30]
    and Diplomacy, if applicable: (1d20+19)[25]
    Last edited by Metastachydium; 2022-02-24 at 10:14 AM.

6. - Top - End - #216
    Barbarian in the Playground

PirateGuy

Spoiler: STAT BLOCK
    Show
    Rosiwyn Billowcloak
    HP: 12 | CURRENT: 73 | AC: 20 | TOUCH: 9 | FLAT: 19
    INITIATIVE: +1 | SPOT: +9 | LISTEN: +13 | FORTITUDE:
    +5 | REFLEX: +4 | WILL: +3
    ACTIVE EFFECTS: None.
    CONDITIONS: None.

"Absolutely!" Rosi replies. "Just as soon as I figure out how to turn it on!" It’s not exactly like Poop Dragons come with an instruction manual.

Barring that, she attempted another bite of birdie brisket!

Spoiler: OOC:
    Show
    Attack the birdie! (1d20+8)[25] Damage:
    (2d8+12)[25]

7. - Top - End - #217
    Titan in the Playground

You are welcome, and thank you, Labs tries to think back as he wheels around, running to the cabinets, scampering up the side with no slowing down, before jumping over to the Manager, axe first. "Your cooperation with unsavory coachmen is also unacceptable!"

Show
    Move Labs moves/climbs up to J4 on the cabinet. Full speed tumble without penalty.
    Climb (1d20+30)[47]
    Tumble (1d20+13)[29]

Swift Use Exaggerated Jump to do a swift action jump to L4. It is considered to have a running start due to Exaggerated Jump.
    Jump (1d20+28)[33]

Standard Hit the manager with his axe
    (1d20+10)[21], (1d12+7)[19] damage + (1d6)[4] electricity damage

Free Complain.

8. - Top - End - #218
    Ogre in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

For a short moment you feel a heavy mental pressure that is actually just focused on the manager. He wrests with it and seems to throw it down, but while he was wrestling with that, Elexis curse actually slipped through his mental defenses.

Labs hits the manager heavily, letting him tumble on top of the shelf. Get away from me you… You… Menial worker!

Labs feels a heavy force hitting him square in the stomach!

Spoiler: Labs
    Show
    Damage: (1d6)[4]
    An invisible force makes a bull rush attempt with (1d20+10)[12]

The bird screeches loudly, then get's bitten. It retaliates with another screeching bite and retreat.

Show
    Uh, another kindred Soul. You know I would love to Converse more with you but my summoner asked me to eat everyone of you and this is my first assignemnt and I really don't want to screw it up. I'd eat you last though!*get's bitten* Agh! That didn't even hurt! Getting summoned is so cool!

Spoiler: Attack against the rosidragon
    Show
    Attack: (1d20+9)[23]
    Damage: (2d6+4)[12]

That rabite monk dive-blobbing you in the face, followed by hooking teeth into your belt and suplexing you is a woefully poorly understood way of remarking on how nice the weather is.

9. - Top - End - #219
    Titan in the Playground

The hexblade raised his poisoned blade and charged at the summoned creature.

Show
    Charge at the bird.

(1d20+10)[30]

I'll roll the damage in the server if it hits.

Also it's poisoned; Fort DC 16 against taking 2d12 hit point damage for initial.

Extended sig here.

10. - Top - End - #220
    Titan in the Playground

"I am a lumberjack, and I will not stand for the wasting of all the fine trees that were used to build this stupid place!"

Labs promptly tries to hit him with his axe again, apparently not really caring much for whatever force went for his belly.

"And you 'Dungeon Masters' should learn to respect the people working hard to provide material to everyone else a little more!"

Show
    Labs hits the guy with his axe again, since he saves against the bull rush.

(1d20+10)[17], (1d12+7)[16] damage + (1d6)[4] electricity damage

11. - Top - End - #221

What a chill birdy, and a consumate professional to boot!
    Show
    That's sweet indeed! My deal gives a bit more, you know, agency, but this no pain, no death deal's, like, a nice trade-off. Speaking of sweet, I'm not goin' to, you know complain about ending up at the end of the to-eat list either; as my Boss'd say…

Kalliste never gets to finish her sentence, though, as the other party promptly pops away, succumbing to grievous wounds. Kalliste stares and then glares at Elexis for a moment. What on earth's wrong with you, guys? I was, you know, talkin' to that bird! Such complete lack of civility! And not just on the hexblade's part. In the meantime, the Big Guy up there's hogging that juicy acceptable target, all for himself.
    She briefly mulls her options; she could morph back into original flavour Kalliste and climb the cabinet, but she'd lose so many perks. She could try to take a potshot with her crossbow, but she's not a world class marksman. She'll have to get creative, then! The four-eyed lizard pulls her backpack forward and reaching inside, produces a small flask after some rummaging. Labs's tentacle poison did fun stuff after exploding; maybe the room-spinner can emulate that too (or, at least, make that tiresome Manager guy fall off the cabinet; she'd settle for that)! And so, she takes aim and throws.

Spoiler: Let's see!
    Show

K. retrieves the room-spinning experimental potion and lobs it at the top of the cabinet (targeting that, rather than the Manager): (1d20+6)[20]

12. - Top - End - #222
    Ogre in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Elexis ends the existence of the Achierai with one heavy swing and the big bird justs *poofs* out of existence.

Labs swings at the Manager but this time his axe hits a protective invisible forcefield. He just wants to make himself ready to cast another spell when Kalliste's potion hit's the cabinet… There doesn't happen anything in the first second but then the cabinet swings wildly around and ends up upside down.

The cabinet then goes on to say: "I'm not feeling that great guys…" opens it's door and regurgitates it's insides (which are a lot of documents.)

Labs react quick enough to not fall down but the Manager didn't seemed to be that lucky.

He falls down and with a sickening *crunch* he transforms into a sickening red, White, Purple?... And blue?… And Yellow? Something?!

The weird thing that was formerly known as The Manager begins to mumble in weird and somehow painful? words and lashes out towards Kalliste with a... Beak?

Spoiler: OOC all
    Show
    Everyone gains (2d6)[6] Sonic Damage, Will save against 18 for half.

Spoiler: Attack against Kalliste
    Show
    Attack: (1d20+11)[28]
    Damage: (4d4+1)[14]
    When you get hit make a Will save against 18 or be sickened.

Spoiler: Updated map
    Show
    Last edited by Alhallor; 2022-03-10 at 03:10 AM.

13. - Top - End - #223
    Titan in the Playground

Seeing the manager turn into a... a... well, let's not think about that, Labs kind of looks somewhat uncomfortable, but quickly resumes dispensing corrective axe hits. After jumping over the shelf-regurgitated document spillage.

Show
    Jump and tumble to the upper flank of the manager
    Tumble (1d20+13)[30]
    Jump (1d20+28)[45] (counts as running jump)

Then hit the manager, as one does
    (1d20+10)[25], (1d12+7)[17] damage + (1d6)[6] elec damage

14. - Top - End - #224
    Titan in the Playground

"Fly like a hornet, sting like an even bigger one," muttered Elexis, slathering more poison onto his blade and charging the... honestly he wasn't sure what that was and didn't really want to know.

Show
    Master of Poisons, giant wasp poison(DC 18 or take 1d6 Dex damage). Charge.

(1d20+11)[14]

Extended sig here.

15. - Top - End - #225

Kalliste chuckles as the cabinet comes to life and dumps the manager at her very feet, although she can't help but feel sorry for the poor thing. But hey, it worked! Kind of? Is that guy melting? And what's that sound?

Before long, Kalliste finds herself with a horrible headache, a grievous wound (that thing just bit through her supercool armour plating!) AND moderately queasy. Hey! she grumbles with a scowl (or the four-eyed reptilian equivalent thereof), before indignantly trying to retaliate. That thing called "sense of self-preservation" is for the weak, after all!

Spoiler: Attack?
    Show

K. move action feints: (1d20+16)[29] (-2 factored in!) and
    Standard action attacks: (1d20+5)[15] for (1d8+1)[3] and (1d6)[2] electricity and (1d6)[2] deceptive attack if the feint is succesful (in which case she targets flat-footed AC).
    The one good thing about deceptive attack is, by the way, that it's not precision damage, so it applies against anything, regardless whether its anatomy is discernable or not.

16. - Top - End - #226

PirateGuy

Show
    Rosiwyn Billowcloak

After gagging a few times but failing to engage the dragon's breath weapon, Rosidragon gives up and simply lumbers at...whatever it is the Manager has turned into, big mouth full of teeth slamming down to bite.

Show
    Attack the colourful monstrosity! (1d20+6)[19] Damage:
    (2d8+12)[25]

17. - Top - End - #227
    Ogre in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

The big colorful monstrosity shakes itself shaking away colorful splotches of itself that midflight turn around and home in on you.

Spoiler: Attack against everyone.
    Show
    Labs attack: (1d20+6)[16] Touch attack.
    Rosywin attack: (1d20+6)[15] Touch attack.
    Kalliste attack: (1d20+6)[12] Touch attack.
    Elexis attack: (1d20+6)[19] Touch attack.
    If you get hit you get (1d6)[5] Acid Damage.
    And Need to roll a DC 18 Reflex save or fall down. This counts as a magic effect: Spell resistance: (1d20+11)[28]

While shaking around it attacks Labs with a gurgling bite.

Spoiler: Attack against Labs
    Show
    Attack: (1d20+11)[28]
    Damage: (4d4+1)[10]
    When you get hit make a Will save against 18 or be sickened.

Spoiler: Maps
    Show
    Last edited by Alhallor; 2022-03-10 at 03:34 AM.

18. - Top - End - #228
    Titan in the Playground

Suddenly, Labs is attacked by irate splotches, splotching him right off his feet! And the Thing!Manager latchign onto him with a stinky bite!

"Ew ow, I question your personal hygiene, sir!" Labs calls out, trying to get back on his feet and swing at the... thing.

Show
    Took full damage from both attacks. I think Labs is at 44 HP now.

Move action stand up

Attack (1d20+8)[24], (1d20+7)[20] 15 slashing damage + (1d6)[5] elec damage

edit: d12, not d20!
    Last edited by Ridai; 2022-03-10 at 06:03 AM.

19. - Top - End - #229

Kalliste almost manages to dodge her splotch, alomost being the operative word. She hits the floor with a loud thud, looking positivelyÂ… Unfazed. She rolls back on her feet with a wide, predatory reptilian grin all over her snout. Someone's runnin' out of steam already? she quips as she swings again, none the worse for wear.

Spoiler: And again.
    Show

Fiendish Resistance saves the day! Kalliste takes no damage this time.
    Also, an attack: (1d20+5)[22] for (1d8+1)[4] and (1d6)[4] electricity.

20. - Top - End - #230

PirateGuy

Show
    Rosiwyn Billowcloak

Rearing back after successfully biting the-Thing-that-had-been-Manager, the Rosidragon spits awkwardly a couple of times.

"You taste awful!" she says accusingly. "It’s fantastic!" The bits of ejectae have no trouble landing on her currently massive form, sizzling and bubbling on the surface of the protective magic that had been laid upon her from a distance. She sways, but maintains her balance, and gleefully goes in for another spark-toothed chomp!

Show
    Attack the colourful monstrosity, redux! (1d20+6)[8] Damage:
    (2d8+12)[20] Electrical damage: (1d6)[6]

21. - Top - End - #231
    Titan in the Playground

"Well if poison doesn't work let's see about this," muttered the hexblade, activating the power of his armbands and swinging his blade at the monstrosity.

Show
    Swift action to get Charisma to damage for 1 round against cursed creature. And full attack.

(1d20+9)[28]
    (1d20+4)[13]

Extended sig here.

22. - Top - End - #232
    Ogre in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Sorry if were a bit late to the Party... Really sorry guys.
    But we have charged all of our best healing. And know you will get it. Be healed!

Spoiler: Healing!
    Show
    You all heal (3d6+6)[12] HP.

When you stand up the colorful thing bites into Kalliste who's standing up.

Spoiler: AoO against Kalliste
    Show
    Attack: (1d20+11)[13]
    Damage: (4d4+1)[9]
    If you get hit make a DC 18 will save or be sickened that's an EX ability, not subject to SR.

The barrage of attacks slice unto the colorful monstrosity that once was known as The Manager. Still it's able to somehow stand and some internal things seem to be Happening. It seems to regain a bit of it's composure and it's Colors seem a bit brighter than before… Then it unleahes itself against the mighty rosidragon, gurglebiting and colorscratching at the massive form.

Spoiler: Attack against Rosi
    Show

Gurglebite (1d20+11)[26]
    Damage (2d4+2)[7]
    If you get hit make a DC 18 Fortitude save or be slowed.
    colorscratch (1d20+11)[28]
    Damage (4d4+1)[14]
    If you get hit make a DC 18 will save or be sickened.
    Last edited by Alhallor; 2022-03-11 at 07:29 AM.

23. - Top - End - #233

No worries! I've just made some, you know, room for it! Kalliste projects cheerfully towards the source of the voice. And now, back to business! she adds aloud. That shiny thing is tough as all hells; there's still stuff to do about that!

Spoiler: Attack even MORE.
    Show

Bluff: (1d20+16)[24] to feint;
    Attack: (1d20+5)[7] for (1d8+1)[8] slashing plus (1d6)[3] electricity plus (1d6)[4] deceptive if the feint succeeds.

24. - Top - End - #234
    Titan in the Playground

Labs can't do much more than underline his statements with arguments looking suspiciously like axe hits.

Show
    5ft step one square to the right to flank with Elexis

Attack (1d20+10)[13], (1d12+7)[17] damage + (1d6)[4] elec

25. - Top - End - #235

PirateGuy

Show
    Rosiwyn Billowcloak
    HP: 12 | CURRENT: 52 | AC: 20 | TOUCH: 9 | FLAT: 19

The Rosidragon weathers the attacks from the colourful thing, spilling dark blood on the floor but resisting the more insidious aspects of the points of contact.

"Oooh, it’s been a while since anything hurt!" she exclaims shrilly...for a dragon, anyhow. Feeling she’s still getting the better of these exchanges, she snaps her jaws in another massive bite.

Show
    Attack the colourful monstrosity, the attackening! (1d20+6)[15] Damage:
    (2d8+12)[21] Electrical damage: (1d6)[3]

26. - Top - End - #236
    Titan in the Playground

"Well, if it worked once..."

The hexblade activated the power of his armbands again, continuing to hack at the monstrosity with fell might.

Show
    Full attack Power Attack for -4.

(1d20+5)[8]
    (1d20)[20]

Extended sig here.

27. - Top - End - #237
    Ogre in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

With the combined attacks of everyone the colorful monstrosity gurgels a last *gurg* and the colors seem to flow away from him, leaving a colorful luminescent stain on the red carpet. The body of The Manager seems to be gone, but there is his white robe (now normal-sized) and a pair of gloves that seem to have absorbed some of the colors and are now nicely colored in different shades of any color of the rainbow. Also a small crystal that smells explicitly like fresh mint tea.

Another pair of documents slides down and lands with a *thud* on the carpet.

28. - Top - End - #238
    Titan in the Playground

"Well that was... let's go with interesting, said the hexblade, shaking off bodily fluids off his weapon. "What now?"

Extended sig here.

29. - Top - End - #239
    Titan in the Playground

"Well, uh, well, that was, uh, a thing. Yes," Labs concludes, axe still dripping. "Is... is that crystal a key? How do keys look like in this place?" He tries picking it up, though he is not sure how to feel about the color... soup. Let's go with soup.

Searching the office for keys might also be in order. And what keys belong to where. And maybe a list of who is trapped here and why.

30. - Top - End - #240

What now? the lizard called Kalliste grins at Elexis. We loot the room! Obviously. which she then proceeds to attempt, taking the methodical approach. Hey, ZZ! You still, you know, in here? she tries to think at the researcher in the meantime. I have a, you know, quick question: is the "you killed it, you bought it" principle in effect 'ere? 'Cause if so, you're about to get a raise.

Spoiler: Let the reaping begin!
    Show

First, Kalliste's going to search the chest/trunk thing, the cabinets and the sad remains of the Manager's desk:
    Search: (1d20+14)[18]; (1d20+14)[24]; (1d20+14)[16]; (1d20+14)[29]; (1d20+14)[23]; (1d20+14)[33]; (1d20+14)[31]

Meanwhile, she'll think hard about what the heck they've just fought: Knowledge (arcana): (1d20+7)[17]