New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #331
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Ghosts of Saltmarsh IC

Eda raises her eyebrows. "I see. Well, we'll see what information he actually has for us and we can determine the punishment. On behalf of the people of Saltmarsh I thank you all for solving this problem for us. As a reward, we are able to offer 200 gold pieces to be split among your group.

If we need anything more, we will be sure to think of you."

2. - Top - End - #332
    Ogre in the Playground

Yue
    Divine Soul Sorceress / Bard
    HP: 25/25, AC: 14, Resistance: Fire
    Conditions: None
    Spell Slots: 1st 4/4, 2nd 3/3
    Yue takes a portion of the reward coin and looks for a leatherworker's or armorer's shop where she could sell her old leather armor and get fitted for some studded leather armor.
    "Time is an abstract concept created by carbon-based life-forms to monitor their ongoing decay." - Thunderclese

3. - Top - End - #333

Quote Originally Posted by Izzarra View Post
    Yue takes a portion of the reward coin and looks for a leatherworker's or armorer's shop where she could sell her old leather armor and get fitted for some studded leather armor.
    You go to a shop called Kester's Leather Goods, where a human woman with short auburn hair can barely be seen in the back room, working on a piece of armor. She nods at you when you enter and after a few moments, puts aside her work to come out and talk to you. "Kiorna Kester, at your service. What can I do for you today?"

OOC: You're welcome to roleplay this if you'd like, but for the sake of not going back and forth I'll move on to the important bits.

"Upgrading your armor then... let's see. It'll run you about 35 gold to patch it up and reinforce it a bit. Should have it ready for you by tomorrow."

Before you go, she looks you over and ventures a question. "Say, you seem like the adventuring type. I've been itching to get my hands on leather that's better than the common stuff. If you're out and can bring me back a monster's hide, I'd appreciate it and there'd be coin in it for you."

4. - Top - End - #334
    Ogre in the Playground

Yue
    HP: 25/25, AC: 14, Resistance: Fire
    Quote Originally Posted by CaoimhinTheCape View Post
    "Kiorna Kester, at your service. What can I do for you today?"
    Yue puts her worn armor on the counter "<Master Kester, this armor not good enough.>"
    "Upgrading your armor then... let's see. It'll run you about 35 gold to patch it up and reinforce it a bit. Should have it ready for you by tomorrow."
    "<Thank you.>"
    "Say, you seem like the adventuring type. I've been itching to get my hands on leather that's better than the common stuff. If you're out and can bring me back a monster's hide, I'd appreciate it and there'd be coin in it for you."
    "<Keep that in mind, I will. Another thing.>"
    Yue pulls out the blood stained arrow that almost killed her a few days ago. (OOC: She kept it back in post 164)
    "<You have leather cord, yes? A pendent out of this, I would like to make.>"
    "Time is an abstract concept created by carbon-based life-forms to monitor their ongoing decay." - Thunderclese

5. - Top - End - #335

Quote Originally Posted by Izzarra View Post
    "<You have leather cord, yes? A pendent out of this, I would like to make.>"
    "Sure thing, I'll throw it in with your armor upgrade."

6. - Top - End - #336
    Troll in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Eldryn heads for the local jail, hoping to talk to the prisoner and find out what he wanted to offer. He is prepared to speak up in mitigation for the smuggler if he is cooperative.

7. - Top - End - #337

Quote Originally Posted by paradox26 View Post
    Eldryn heads for the local jail, hoping to talk to the prisoner and find out what he wanted to offer. He is prepared to speak up in mitigation for the smuggler if he is cooperative.
    Sanbalet sits in a cell at the far end of the building, blindfolded and manacled. He doesn't look any more hurt than he was after your fight and if anything seems bored.

There is another man outside of a cell, who you presume to be the jailer.

"The name's Kraddok," the jailer says, nodding to Eldryn. "What brings you here?" He looks friendly, but also ready to react, in case anything were to happen.

8. - Top - End - #338
    Troll in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

"Name is Eldryn. I helped to capture this fellow. I just want to have a few words with him, if that is permitted," Eldryn says to Kraddock.

9. - Top - End - #339

"I suppose..." He looks at you suspiciously and will be watching and listening for the entire visit.

When you get to Sanbalet, he immediately says. "Can't say I was expecting a visitor? At least it's something going on."

10. - Top - End - #340
    Troll in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

"Hello, my friend. I hope you have had time to reconsider saying what you were offering to tell us earlier. I have already spoken up in your defence to the town leader, and I will speak up again in court if you tell me what you had on your mind back in the house," Eldryn offers.

11. - Top - End - #341

Sanbalet studies you for a minute, trying to puzzle out your intentions. After considering, he slowly speaks quietly enough that the guard can't hear. "That man you 'rescued'. Ned. His full name is Ned Shakeshaft and he is a poisoner and killer. It would be much more valuable to have him behind bars than myself."

12. - Top - End - #342
    Troll in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Eldryn rocks back on his heels in surprise. He studies Sanbalet as he considers what to do next. "Would you be willing to swear to this in a courtroom? I believe you, as you have been trying to reveal his secret ever since you first saw him. But I may have a hard time convincing others," he says eventually. He tries to decide if it is worth trying to sneak in and examine Ned's belongings, sparse as they are after his capture by the smugglers. He might have to wait until such time as Ned makes a move, and follow him and reveal him then.

13. - Top - End - #343

Eldryn rocks back on his heels in surprise. He studies Sanbalet as he considers what to do next. "Would you be willing to swear to this in a courtroom? I believe you, as you have been trying to reveal his secret ever since you first saw him. But I may have a hard time convincing others," he says eventually. He tries to decide if it is worth trying to sneak in and examine Ned's belongings, sparse as they are after his capture by the smugglers. He might have to wait until such time as Ned makes a move, and follow him and reveal him then.
    Sanbalet considers your offer. "Only if I could be guaranteed safety. I'm sure there is someone leading this town who could provide that. If they can make sure I am safe after the trial, yes."

Sapphire would have received a letter from a resident of Saltmarsh, requesting that they aid the town.

Sapphire,

I hope you are doing well. I hear rumor of a house to the east that has been a problem for our town. Rumor was that the house was haunted. Our council decided to hire some adventurers to investigate and even though they have returned the council still seems to be interested in it. The problem seems to be more natural than supernatural at this point, but they are looking for more help in this case.

If you are free, please consider visiting me in Saltmarsh and aiding our town in this matter.

May the blessings of Procan bring you here safely.

Wellgar Brinehanded

Sapphire would know Wellgar well, the rest of you would have seen him around town. He is a priest at the temple of Procan (Sailor of Sea and Sky) and has a keen memory for anything related to the sea. He always has a story to tell about ships or storms and doesn't care much for what is happening inland. He has one peg leg which he lost during his previous work as a whaler.

A week or so after your adventure through the "haunted" house, each of you receives an urgent request to appear before the council again. The summons seems to be related to your exploration of the house and you have the feeling that it may be a request for you to do another job for the town.

When you enter town hall, you see that more of the seats of the council are filled, this time with three of the five members.

Eda Oweland, the stern looking human woman who spoke with you last time sits in the center of the semi-circular table, the head of the council. On this day she looks serious as ever and while worried may not describe her she seems to be focused on the task at hand.

To one side of her sits an old human man with a well trimmed beard, whose name you learn is Gellan Primewater. Whereas Eda is dressed plainly, Gellan would not look out of place among aristocrats, something unique for this small fishing town. He holds a glass of wine in one hand and leans back in his chair. You guess that without Eda's reproachful glare, he would have his feet up on the desk.

On the other side of Eda is a human man dressed in armor. This man, Eliander Fireborn, looks more like an adventurer than a government official with scars over his exposed arms. He sits at attention, ready for the meeting and you notice that one of his legs is missing, in its place an ornately carved wooden peg leg.

"Welcome back," Eda greets you. "And thank you again for the work you have already done for us."

14. - Top - End - #344
    Colossus in the Playground

When she gets the letter, Sapphire isn't doing all that much. She's finished tending to her garden for the moment, and sees about finding someone else to look after it while she's gone. Once that's sorted, she sets out.

Later, arriving in Saltmarsh, she seeks out Wellgar. Upon finding him, she calls out "Wellgar! How you doing, friend?" and gives the man a big ol' furry hug. "Bring me up to speed-what's got the council all in a tizzy?"
    I have a LOT of Homebrew!

Spoiler: Former Avatars
    Show
    Spoiler: Avatar (Not In Use) By Linkele
    Show

Spoiler: Individual Avatar Pics
    Show

15. - Top - End - #345

Quote Originally Posted by JNAProductions View Post
    When she gets the letter, Sapphire isn't doing all that much. She's finished tending to her garden for the moment, and sees about finding someone else to look after it while she's gone. Once that's sorted, she sets out.

Later, arriving in Saltmarsh, she seeks out Wellgar. Upon finding him, she calls out "Wellgar! How you doing, friend?" and gives the man a big ol' furry hug. "Bring me up to speed-what's got the council all in a tizzy?"
    You sit down with Wellgar by his church (though it looks and functions as a lighthouse as well) on a bench that overlooks the ocean. "Well, I have gotten some more information since I sent the letter to ya. It turns out there were smugglers in the old shack, using it as a base of operations. A handful of adventurers cleared it out and took care of the problem, rescued someone the smugglers captured. I think the council sent over some guards to take a look at the building now that it was safe.

But something's going on again. The council is calling back the adventurers they hired, at least those that stuck around, and I'm guessing it has to do with that house. I'm sure they could use the extra help, if you're willing."

16. - Top - End - #346

Sapphire nods. "You know me. I'm more than willing to lend a hand when it's needed," she says. "I'll head there now-but we're going to have to catch up at some point. I'll make sure I make it back in one piece so we can do that!"

With her piece said, she stands to head for the council and their adventurers... Then stops. "It's been a while-do you have directions to where they are?" she asks, a touch sheepish. With directions procured, she then sets off, finding these new companions.

Show
    Show

Show

17. - Top - End - #347
    Troll in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Eldryn stands before the town leaders, and says, "Greetings, wise ones. I have a boon to ask of you. The prisoner known as Sanbalet has a secret, and he will only speak of it if his safety and freedom is assured. I believe the secret to be one of great enough significance that it will be worth that price. After all, though illegal, his smuggling operation he was part of did little harm of itself, and the secret may be of benefit to the town. I promised him I would speak up on his behalf in front of you, who are the only ones with the right to free him. What say you?"

18. - Top - End - #348

Eldryn stands before the town leaders, and says, "Greetings, wise ones. I have a boon to ask of you. The prisoner known as Sanbalet has a secret, and he will only speak of it if his safety and freedom is assured. I believe the secret to be one of great enough significance that it will be worth that price. After all, though illegal, his smuggling operation he was part of did little harm of itself, and the secret may be of benefit to the town. I promised him I would speak up on his behalf in front of you, who are the only ones with the right to free him. What say you?"
    Eda is the one to respond to you. "I will consider this proposition, but first we will have to deal finish dealing with the smugglers that he was associated with.

After looking into the group of smugglers you disbanded, we still have been unable to apprehend some of their operation, specifically the vessel that brings their goods to our coast.

We do not believe that the seafaring members of the operation know of the capture of their compatriots. Based on the records we found in the house, we would expect the next drop off to be at the end of next week.

I speak on behalf of the council to say that we would like this operation shut down once and for all. I hope that we can count on your aid once more to board the vessel of the remaining smugglers and end this operation."

19. - Top - End - #349
    Ettin in the Playground

AssassinGuy

"Mmmmmhm, shutting 'em down seems like a good idea."
    I like the globe warm...

If you live for people's acceptance you will die from their rejection.

Remember, no matter how hot she is, someone, somewhere is tired of her crap.

20. - Top - End - #350

With directions in mind, Sapphire reaches the council room. She knocks at the door, and when given permission to enter, opens the door and comes inside. "Good day," she calls to the council and assorted adventurers. "I am Sapphire-I believe my help is requested?"

Show
    Show

Show

21. - Top - End - #351
    Ettin in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Caspian turned slowly and looked the tabaxi up and down, "Aye lass, at this point any help would be appreciated." He extends a hand to shake in greeting.
    I like the globe warm...

22. - Top - End - #352

Sapphire extends her paw, with a firm (if not especially strong) shake. "I'm capable of quite a few things, in support of a cause. I can heal, shapeshift, summon spirits, a variety of other spells..."

Show
    Show

Show

23. - Top - End - #353
    Ettin in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Caspian returns the pressure carefully and equally with the handshake. "Dat all sounds fairly useful, 'ow do ya feel about smugglers?"
    I like the globe warm...

24. - Top - End - #354
    Troll in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Eldryn considers the request, then looks at his companions to see what they think too. "I bow to your wisdom regarding Sanbalet. That will have to wait until the smugglers are dealt with. As for that matter, I am prepared to go and fight them, though I am unsure of my companions' thoughts. But is there any assistance the town can provide? We are a small band to be fighting a smuggler crew," he says thoughtfully. He nods over at Sapphire without breaking his verbal flow, acknowledging the newcomer.

25. - Top - End - #355

Quote Originally Posted by JNAProductions View Post
    "Good day," she calls to the council and assorted adventurers. "I am Sapphire-I believe my help is requested?"
    Eda nods. "Yes, any help is appreciated. Wellgar said he might send someone along to help."

Eldryn considers the request, then looks at his companions to see what they think too. "I bow to your wisdom regarding Sanbalet. That will have to wait until the smugglers are dealt with. As for that matter, I am prepared to go and fight them, though I am unsure of my companions' thoughts. But is there any assistance the town can provide? We are a small band to be fighting a smuggler crew," he says thoughtfully. He nods over at Sapphire without breaking his verbal flow, acknowledging the newcomer.
    "Based on the records kept at the house, we believe a party of your size will be able to hold your own with them. There are not many left, just enough to man the ship that is expected to drop off the shipment.

We can send guards to help secure the house and to row you out to their ship, if you start this mission by deceiving them. But they would not fare well in a fight against anyone with your skills and I worry that sending them to fight would be sending them to their deaths."

26. - Top - End - #356
    Ogre in the Playground

Yue
    HP: 25/25, AC: 15, Resistance: Fire
    Yue has eyes that look like twin pearls, a scaly moon white hide, and wears her red hair braided between her horns in a style that only a Tiefling can achieve. She speaks with an accent of the islands in the Sea of the Dragon-Kings to the south.
    "<Sapphire, nice to meet you it is. Yue I am.>"
    ---
    "I speak on behalf of the council to say that we would like this operation shut down once and for all. I hope that we can count on your aid once more to board the vessel of the remaining smugglers and end this operation."
    "<Glad to be of help I am.>"
    Last edited by Izzarra; 2023-04-16 at 11:05 PM.

27. - Top - End - #357
    Ettin in the Playground

AssassinGuy

"Based on the records kept at the house, we believe a party of your size will be able to hold your own with them. There are not many left, just enough to man the ship that is expected to drop off the shipment.

We can send guards to help secure the house and to row you out to their ship, if you start this mission by deceiving them. But they would not fare well in a fight against anyone with your skills and I worry that sending them to fight would be sending them to their deaths."
    "I believe, if I may, the help he, and also we were referrin to was da kind like just walked through da door." Caspian interjects as he nods towards the newcomer. "No offense to dem guards, but I be a thinkin da same about 'em."
    I like the globe warm...

28. - Top - End - #358

Quote Originally Posted by Lioslaith View Post
    "I believe, if I may, the help he, and also we were referrin to was da kind like just walked through da door." Caspian interjects as he nods towards the newcomer. "No offense to dem guards, but I be a thinkin da same about 'em."
    "We have sent word to one other who may be able to aid you, though they may not arrive for a few more days. It should be before you have your encounter, though I cannot say precisely when.

You do have some time before we expect the boat to return, so if there is anything else you need from us, anything you need to do around town, or if you would like to reacquaint yourself with the house, you are free to do so."

29. - Top - End - #359
    Troll in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

"I would not like to be responsible for the deaths of your guards if it is not necessary. If the smugglers are few enough in number for us to deal with them alone, then we shall do so. They can help to row us out to the ship when it arrives. In the meantime, I might go back to the house and examine it more carefully. We only took a cursory glance at the rooms as we went through them. We might learn something helpful. And I would like to try to discern Sanbalet's secret. A clue might be there," Eldryn says with a slight bow.

When the meeting breaks up, he heads back to the house and carefully examines each room.

30. - Top - End - #360
    Pixie in the Playground

ClericGirl

(Flashback, a short while ago)

Sun has just began showning itself from beyond the horizon when a small figure jumped off one of the ships and, giving her surroundings a curious look, waved back to a sharp-eared captain, before hurrying over into the town down the pier.

Not long after, shy knocking could be heard, as a new arrival paced back and forth before the Council Hall's doors. One of the fisherman's noticed her and after a short exchange pointed towards the mansion standing right by the docks. Following directions, she ended up in front of the mansion's gates and slipped inside, as soon as servant has discovered the uninvited guest.

At last, after crossing the grand hall and chaotically explaining her familiarity with councilman, girl found herself standing before Gellan Primewater himself.

With a practiced bow, she spoke:

"It's an honor to meet you, mister Primewater, sir. My name is Eva Chevalier. It might be a little too early right now, apologies for that. Um, here-"

Eva approached councilman with another small bow of head and placed a circle of silvery metal onto the expensive table.

"My good friend, captain Silver-eye, said you could help me with settling around here and finding a job: I am a magician, kind of, th-though I didn't have any official education, you might say — I practice placing enchantments on various objects, and know a thing or two about mechanisms."