New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Bugbear in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Default Re: Me, Maw-self, and I OOC

Just had this thought, if they are going to the lumbar yard it almost definitely the place where Max had worked previously. Soooo does his boss know about his condition.

Let's first learn more about him and then come up with the chance that he knows about Max. Going back to UNE: but my dice are in the other room soo I'm just gonna roll here.
    His name is Noah. (Just picked it randomly out of a list of names. It popped out and I like it. so

NPC Modifier (1d00)[1]
    NPC Noun (1d00)[1]

NPC Motivation Verb (1d00)[1]
    NPC Motivation Noun (1d00)[1]

SMH... Those are d00 rolls. not d100 rolls. That kind of makes a difference... Let's try again. (This is what I get for being lazy and not going to the other room for my dice/phone.)
    Last edited by Albinobrow; 2022-12-15 at 10:10 PM.

2. - Top - End - #62

DwarfBarbarianGuy

NPC Modifier (1d100)[50] Conservative
    NPC Noun (1d100)[24] Caretaker

NPC Motivation Verb (1d100)[66] Persecute
    NPC Motivation Noun (1d100)[75] Atrocities?!

Oh ok, so not only is this guy a conservative caretaker, his motivation is to persecute atrocities! He doesn't do it outwardly being conservative or at least not trying to make it public. But with that it's a sure thing that Noah knows. In fact, I think that Noah hired him to help give Max a drive, a purpose. A simple way that he can use his abilities (namely his strength) to help people, even if he's not good at interacting with people. It also is a way for Max to use his eating abilities helping with the scrap lumbar or other construction parts that are no good.

Noah, also has seen the news reports of the turmoil that those, like Max have either caused, or have been targeted for, and it is something that he simply does not stand for.

Yeah no roll needed there. He absolutely knows, and wants very much to help Max out.
    Last edited by Albinobrow; 2022-12-15 at 10:17 PM.

3. - Top - End - #63

DwarfBarbarianGuy

One thing I'd like to add is that a lot of the "GMing" has been done through the Chaos Cypher System Emulator. With the 2nd edition of Mythic out, I intend to use that for these next scenes and see how I like that. No continuing post yet tonight. New schedule at work and I must sleep. But I haven't forgotten true believers!

4. - Top - End - #64

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Alright! It's time to come back to this. Let's talk about The new Mythic GM emulator.

It categorizes things into categories: characters and threads. For the most part I've already done the characters.

Our PC is Max. And here is a list of NPCs:
    1. NHS
    2. Stephen
    3. Earl
    4. Entropy
    5. Noah
    6. Bank Robbers
    7. Police

Now the threads I have are as follows:
    1. Find out why NHS is after him.
    2. Get Stephen back safely.
    3. Find a place to stay.
    4. Defeat Entropy.

5. "Can't leave" the Arbor Apartments.
    6. Overcome bank heist.
    7. Get to hardware store

So as we make our rolls against the Fate Chart, any changes to any NPCs or threads will also be rolled randomly based off these lists here. Now one thing that I have been using from the Mythic system is the idea of exceptional yes or no. But before I was using a roll of 1 and 20 for those. Here everything is based of a roll of d100. So depending on the chaos factor and the certainty of the potential outcome will determine if it is to be an exceptional yes or no.

As the opportunity comes up I'll describe it further
    Last edited by Albinobrow; 2023-04-11 at 11:42 PM.

5. - Top - End - #65

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Alriighty! Time for a bank heist! Firstly, how many robbers are there? 1 will be level 4 with 15hp and attack as lvl 5 due to his high tech weapon, and the rest will be level 3. (1d4+2)[6] Of course, max number rolled...

Also, what is the likelihood of them trying to jack Noah and Max's car to make a run for it? It is right there... Chaos is a 5 currently (translated the Average rating from Chaos System to Mythic 2e.) I think this is very likely. (1d100)[37] So this on this new emulator equals a yes. Not an exceptional yes, but a yes nonetheless.

How does Max respond?? Will have to sleep on this for next time..
    Last edited by Albinobrow; 2023-04-10 at 10:32 PM.

6. - Top - End - #66

DwarfBarbarianGuy

So, I'm torn on how Max responds. I think it's nearly certain that he cooperates and gets out of the car. Unless something were to happen to Noah. So I think the question then is, does Noah cooperate? And what likelihood is there that one of them attacks Noah in some way? That one honestly I'm calling 50/50.

As for Noah cooperating, I think it's very likely that he does. He still has that whole "hitman" thing we don't know much about yet. I'm inclined to think that neither Noah nor Max want to let out their secret.

So we have three rolls here:
    Does Noah cooperate? (1d100)[63] 75 or lower for yes
    Does Max cooperate? (1d100)[57] 85 or lower for yes
    Do one of the three robbers attack Noah? (1d100)[30] 50 or lower is yes

Now the last roll is irrelevant if either of the first two rolls are a No. The robbers will attack if provoked.

Ok so all are yes, Max and Noah cooperate, but one of the robbers still chooses to attack Noah. Nothing unexpected happens as we rolled no doubles.
    Last edited by Albinobrow; 2023-04-11 at 08:40 PM.

7. - Top - End - #67

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Alrighty, so it's on like Donkey Kong now! Max is ready to take these guys down! I'm going to start writing that out, but won't finish the fight for a while. Might only work on a few rounds a night.

One thing is certain though, Max is going to eat the money to add to his Devour Pool, and use Amazing leap to jump a long distance away. Right into the bed of the truck!

Oh! Or better yet, it's not that far off, He'll jump in front of the truck and push to stop it dead in its tracks. That is normally a difficulty 10, I'm trying to "push" it an immediate distance (-1 difficulty) in the opposite direction of it's momentum (+1 difficulty). So the target is a 30... Dang. Can he achieve that? Two power shifts in strength bring it to an 8, effort can bring it down again to 7.

You know what, I have 4xp to use. And I think this would be awesome! Incredible even! I'm going to spend the 4 XP to advance his effort. Narratively wise, it makes sense. He's out for revenge, and he is NOT going to let them get away! So another level of effort takes the difficulty to level 6 and Max has an ability called Incredible Action that lets him automatically succeed on a level 6 or less Difficulty task once per day. The caveat is that it triggers a free GM intrusion when I do that. And I have an idea what that should be.. Ok, let's type it out and make it so!

8. - Top - End - #68

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Do the men in the bed of the truck fly out of the bed when it comes to a stop? I think it's very likely, (1d100)[82]
    But what about the big guy? The leader who is also in the bed? I can see it going either way. 50/50 (1d100)[66]

Surprisingly no they are all still in the bed of the truck. That 66 for the second roll would have triggered a random event but our chaos again is only 5. So nothing new there.
    Last edited by Albinobrow; 2023-04-11 at 10:47 PM.

9. - Top - End - #69

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Now here's another question. What now?!
    Max has stopped the truck from going anywhere.

Are the police nearby? 50/50. It's in the city so I can see either way. (1d100)[5]
    Does Max go after these men while they're down? I'm leaning only towards likely on this. I don't think it's necessarily in his nature, but he is mad! (1d100)[72]

Oh I think this actually works out great for us! Not only are the police nearby, it's an exceptional yes! I think that on the other side of the block is a gas station, and [roll]1d2+2[/roll] patrol cars are parked there with [roll]1d3+3[/roll] officers just inside that watched the whole thing. They'll come out and clean everything up.

Max is going to run away. He doesn't want to be questioned, he doesn't want to be involved. Noah is already involved. He is going to run, to the hardware store.

Wait I think I've gotten my names mixed up.. Give me a second.
    Last edited by Albinobrow; 2023-04-11 at 10:57 PM.

10. - Top - End - #70

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Take 2:
    Oh I think this actually works out great for us! Not only are the police nearby, it's an exceptional yes! I think that on the other side of the block is a gas station, and (1d2+2)[4] patrol cars are parked there with (1d3+3)[5] officers just inside that watched the whole thing. They'll come out and clean everything up.

Yup, I've been calling Earl "noah" this whole time. Noah is the guy who owns the hardware store.

That's what happens when I'm away for a while. But That'll actually close that scene! Chaos is definitely going up to 6 after that. Police will handle the robbers and take care of Earl who can make a statement. I think the next scene is when Earl leaves from dealing with all that, and ends up at the hardware store ultimately to search for Max. And let's Noah what's goin on. So they'll both come looking for Max on the roof, because Noah knows that's his hiding spot.
    Last edited by Albinobrow; 2023-04-11 at 11:08 PM.

11. - Top - End - #71

DwarfBarbarianGuy

But new scene! Let's test the scene. Rolling a d10 vs the chaos factor 6.

(1d10)[6]
    Oh man, that's an even within the chaos factor now that it went up. An interrupt scene.
    Last edited by Albinobrow; 2023-04-11 at 11:09 PM.

12. - Top - End - #72

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Random event focus (1d100)[78] Oh man, PC negative..
    Let's look at the nature of what's negative.
    Last edited by Albinobrow; 2023-04-11 at 11:31 PM.

13. - Top - End - #73

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Event action 1 (1d100)[30] Deny
    Event action 2 (1d100)[16] Conflict

This sounds like it should be good, but it's supposed to be negative. My mind goes to maybe he doesn't make it to the hardware store. Or he's stopped along the way? Someone else on a roof maybe?
    Last edited by Albinobrow; 2023-04-11 at 11:38 PM.

14. - Top - End - #74

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Is there someone on the roof of one of the taller buildings that keeps Max from getting to Noah's Hardware store? I'm not totally convinced so I'll say 50/50. (1d100)[47] Easily a yes on chaos 6. The question now is, who?
    Last edited by Albinobrow; 2023-04-11 at 11:41 PM.

15. - Top - End - #75

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Our PC is Max. And here is a list of NPCs:
    1. NHS
    2. Stephen
    3. Earl
    4. Entropy
    5. Noah
    6. Bank Robbers
    7. Police

I'm gonna roll a d5 ignoring the option of Stephen or Earl. (1d5)[1]

I was afraid of that. It's the NHS. Ok, gonna deal with what that means/looks like later
    Last edited by Albinobrow; 2023-04-11 at 11:43 PM.

16. - Top - End - #76

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Ok first things first. How many people are here? I'm thinking at most it's 4, minimum 2. (1d3+1)[4] And 4 total.
    And are they here to observe? I think it's nearly certain (1d100)[19] Just shy of a critical yes, but a yes none the less.

So since they're mainly here to observe, I still think they're armed but A) they aren't ready for a fight and b) they don't have special equipment. Probably just a pistol and maybe a police style baton. These guys are lvl 2 and observe/attack as lvl 3. 6hp each. One hit from max and they're asleep, but there are 4 of them so there's that.
    Last edited by Albinobrow; 2023-04-15 at 03:25 PM.

17. - Top - End - #77

DwarfBarbarianGuy

So here's a questions we'll let the fate chart decide: If the NHS was observing Max in all this, are they ready to jump him as he jumps up there? Or does he surprise them? I can see it going either way 50/50. Now being at chaos lvl 6, 50/50 is not truly 50/50, it's actually a 65% chance for yes. so let's see!

(1d100)[14] so it is a yes! Though I realize I didn't clearly define that as a yes or no question...
    Last edited by Albinobrow; 2023-04-15 at 10:39 PM.

18. - Top - End - #78

DwarfBarbarianGuy

So let's do it this way. 1 or 2?
    If 1 NHS surprises Max, if 2 Max surprises them.

(1d2)[1]

Oof, they surprise him. alrighty, so they act first!
    Last edited by Albinobrow; 2023-04-15 at 10:40 PM.

19. - Top - End - #79

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Agent 1 (1d20)[19] Miss, and minor effect!
    Agent 2 (1d20)[2] HIT!
    Agent 3 (1d20)[15] Miss!
    Agent 4 (1d20)[10] Miss!

These are defense rolls against each agent, they attack as lvl 3 but Max is trained in Spd defense so it's a wash. 6 or better and that agent misses.

First is a miss and Max gets a minor effect too! We'll say since it was a defensive roll that the minor action gives Max an asset on his next action against Agent 1.
    Last edited by Albinobrow; 2023-04-15 at 10:47 PM.

20. - Top - End - #80

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Max will then move into range for Agent 1 and attempt a solid punch. Aiming for 3 or better on a d20 since it's eased.

(1d20)[7] Hit! Agent 1 is downed. now back to defense
    Last edited by Albinobrow; 2023-04-15 at 10:49 PM.

21. - Top - End - #81

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Agent 2 (1d20)[17] Zip
    Agent 3 (1d20)[7] Zilch
    Agent 4 (1d20)[11] Nada!

This was a good defensive round for Max this turn, he's going to continue moving in!
    Last edited by Albinobrow; 2023-04-15 at 10:51 PM.

22. - Top - End - #82

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Agent 2 hit him last so he's going there. I'll use effort on the attack, he's pretty mad he got hit by him. So again aiming for 3 or better. Also with Might edge at 2 it only cost 1 Might point to add edge this round.

(1d20)[9] Another agent down!
    Last edited by Albinobrow; 2023-04-15 at 10:53 PM.

23. - Top - End - #83

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Agent 3 (1d20)[16] Miss
    Agent 4 (1d20)[5] Hit against Max, another 3pt dmg

I guess we'll aim for 4 now
    Last edited by Albinobrow; 2023-04-15 at 10:54 PM.

24. - Top - End - #84

DwarfBarbarianGuy

I think I will go ahead and use effort to hit once more. So aiming for 3 or better.
    (1d20)[13] hit!

One more agent to go!
    Last edited by Albinobrow; 2023-04-15 at 10:55 PM.

25. - Top - End - #85

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Agent 3 (1d20)[13] aiming for 6 or better. And he's out! All hostiles on rooftop are neutralized! Though I'm curious what info, if any got back to Entropy and the dept they work for...
    Last edited by Albinobrow; 2023-04-15 at 10:57 PM.

26. - Top - End - #86

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Alrighty, that brought his might down to 7, using those 3 devour points to recover 3 might, and at least one recovery roll

1 Action (1d6+1)[4]
    1o minutes (if needed) (1d6+1)[4]

Cool. i'll use both rolls to bring him back to full pools. Also gonna give 2 XP for the cool way of over coming those robbers, and another 2 for finding and overcoming hte agents. So 4 total XPs.
    Last edited by Albinobrow; 2023-04-15 at 11:13 PM.

27. - Top - End - #87

DwarfBarbarianGuy

And with that we go into a new scene. I believe...

28. - Top - End - #88

DwarfBarbarianGuy

So couple quick questions, does he see Earl down below still? I think it's very likely that he does. Seeing how fast this all happened: the robbery, the car jacking, the car stopping/wrecking, and Max running from police. (1d100)[35]

29. - Top - End - #89

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Ok yes he is there. What does it look like to Max? I dunno! Let's find out!

(1d100)[19] Close
    (1d100)[55] Misfortune (This doesn't generate a random event since it isn't a Fate Question or new scene already.)

Ok so yeah it's pretty standard, talking with police making a statement. Trying to get on with his day. The car jacking robbers are taken away into custody. Earl's truck will need to be towed.
    Last edited by Albinobrow; 2023-04-16 at 06:44 PM.

30. - Top - End - #90

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Last thing, does Max continue to the hardware store? I think it's a certain thing (1d100)[68]

Yeah, he goes to the hard ware store and finds Noah, maybe waits for Earl there.
    Last edited by Albinobrow; 2023-04-16 at 06:47 PM.