New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Dwarf in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Default Re: Reincarnation Syndrome - The SS Big

Noctis( Lucy) looked at the vacuum. " I think I've seen this before..." he said to himself. " If I'm correct,one of your reincarnations is Luigi,you know Mario's brother?" he said. " I do remember that in the Luigi's mansion games he had this kind of vacuum to capture ghost. It's just a guess though.
    Noctis( Lucy) heard a bark. He noticed a black and brown dog who came to him.
    " Umbra,what are you doing here?" he asked his dog,petting him.

Umbra,Noctis supernatural messanger dog,had shown to Lucy's doorstep even since she started reincarnation syndrome.He must have senced Noctis's presence within her. Lucy had taken care of him ever since.
    " You came at just the right time boy! I'll need you to protect the boy,alright?" Umbra barked in agreement.
    Noctis( Lucy) looked at the boy but kept an eye on the vacuum. " You like dogs,right? Umbra here will protect you on my behalf while I'll go investigate what's going on." he added. " He looked at the vacuum." I wonder where the tear will lead us. I wonder if I can reach it with a couple of Warp strikes."
    As he was planning what to do next,Noctis(Lucy) coudn't help but remember when he was in the strange room where Eshaal summoned them
    *Flashback*

Lucy woke up as she heard a voice call to her. She got up.looking around,only to find herself in a strange room with other people.
    " Well, I'm kinda confused if you asked me." she answered to the mysterious woman Eshaal.
    When she heard that Eshaal explained about RS,Lucy understood.
    " That explains alot actually. I've been stuck with this for two years. You lost me on the crysalid part though. I tried to use this "gift" to help people without revealing myself. There was alot of trouble where I live. I wanted to help people and stop crime,so the city could be safe again. Although when I heard about people like me being hunted out by bad individuals,I didn't want to put my familly in danger.Specially my younger sister who just awokened RS, like I did before her two years ago." Lucy admited." I've trainned hard to control this,despite still having difficulties." she added.
    She heard what happened on the ship and what she must do when she'll return there.

"Understood! As for who I am,and who were my past selves. My name is Lucy Carlson. My past selves, the first is Noctis Lucis Caelum,legendary king of light who sacrified himself to save his world from darkness,.The second,Zenitsu Agatsuma a Demon Slayer who overcame his fears to help his friends and allies save their world from the Demon king Muzan,and the third, Rinoa Heartilly,a young rebel,sorceress and honorary member of SEED. I can be most in control at times,although Zenitsu is kinda a odd case. When we both get scared or anxious,he tends to control my body unwillingly."

She looked at the crystal around her neck. " This crystal around my neck allows me to control the transformations into my past selves,giving me full access to their power.I used this to help people without revealing my true identity."She explained before to be sent back on the ship.

*End of flashback*
    Noctis(Lucy) looked at Justine " Can you check on the kid?" he asked her. He then threw his engine blade toward a nearby balcony and warped to it. He repeated the process until he reached the lower deck.
    Last edited by PrinceNoctisXV; 2022-11-22 at 07:19 PM.

2. - Top - End - #92
    Barbarian in the Playground

Planetar

"Hence the attempt at the SS Big? This, in spite of the fact that reactor-grade uranium is in no way suited for use in a nuclear weapon...or has, perhaps this organization procured the tightly-guarded secret to refining weapons-grade plutonium from reactor waste?"
    I pause a moment, searching my databases again.
    "Or have you found some other use for the reactor's components that you were planning to use, potentially to power some form of doomsday device? I've trouble believing that even a terrorist organization bent on world domination would go to such lengths as to risk a nuclear holocaust in puruit of their aims -- after all, it's not like ruling over a world with nobody in it and nothing but radioactive fallout is very much in line with that image."
    A quick scan of multiple stored media archives confirms this -- a world "saved" from a nuclear attack of that scale would be scarcely habitable even to the most hardy of organisms, with the exception of remote pockets of underground space not nearly large enough to sustain the existence of an organization of the scale on which WRATH appears to be operating.
    "That said...I may be giving you too much credit here in the foresight department. From your behavior it may be better to assume your sanity is compromised at best and thus the consideration of a self-nullifying objective might not even have crossed your minds."
    There are 1d20 types of people in the world: people that always roll natural 1 when it matters.

I don't know why, but I think more people have studied linguistics than I have.
    ...yes, the above sentence is in fact meaningless. But you did a double-take, didn't you?

3. - Top - End - #93
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by PrinceNoctisXV View Post
    "If I'm correct, one of your reincarnations is Luigi, you know, Mario's brother?"

Quote Originally Posted by Umbra
    Bark!
    "You came at just the right time boy! I'll need you to protect the boy, alright? You like dogs,right? Umbra here will protect you on my behalf while I'll go investigate what's going on."
    "Re-in... uh..." the kid gets a haunted look in his eyes. Umbra, being a good dog, approaches him and sits down at his feet. On instinct, the kid pets the dog. It's a surprisingly calming activity! "...my name is Sam, by the way."

Quote Originally Posted by Flashback!Noctis View Post
    "Well, I'm kinda confused, if you asked me... I've been stuck with this for two years. I tried to use this, 'gift,' to help people without revealing myself. There was a lot of trouble where I live... I didn't want to put my family in danger. 'Specially my younger sister..."

"This crystal around my neck allows me to control the transformations into my past selves, giving me full access to their power. I used this to help people without revealing my true identity."
    "Fascinating!" Eshaal said. "Did the crystal come from one of your conduits when they first arose, or did you make it yourself?" This seems to have been the sort of conversation Eshaal was looking for, in the moments before Justine got fed up with her nonsense and the conversation got more heated. Luckily, Lucy and Justine have quickly learned to get along in the short time since then.

In Lucy's estimation, getting to the tear - that is, the roaring whirlpool drawing in all the air around it - should be a pretty easy matter. If she wanted, she could go find an umbrella or something and let the wind suck her in. Using her warp move is probably safer than that, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Aleph Null View Post
    "This, in spite of the fact that reactor-grade uranium is in no way suited for use in a nuclear weapon... have you found some other use for the reactor's components that you were planning to use? I've trouble believing that even a terrorist organization bent on world domination would go to such lengths as to risk a nuclear holocaust in pursuit of their aims..."
    "Huh?" Monokuma tilts his head curiously. "A nuclear weapon? Gosh, I'm no nuclear physicist, but if I wanted one of those, I could just get one from the massive stockpile that they have already built and forgotten about. No, my attack wasn't to PREPARE for the [[Tradegy]], it was PART of the [[Tradegy]]!" Feedback from Jacob's evil power source fills Monokuma with glee as he talks about it. "That's right! During this [[specil one-time sales event]], attacks like these have been happening at key points all over the globe! All so WRATH can officially form and put the world [[Together Again]] [[on a silver platter]]!"

"...it may be better to assume your sanity is compromised at best and thus the consideration of a self-nullifying objective might not even have crossed your minds."
    Jacob, from inside Monokuma's heart, feels a sudden pang of deep recognition in the phrase, 'self-nullifying.'

"...I cannot deny that." Oh good, the GLADOS voice is back. Monokuma's eyes change from Jacob's red to a bright turquoise when he talks this way. "The other me, that I was originally copied from... was that servant of the gods. She wished to see the city of men destroyed, and then to destroy herself."
    Last edited by Dr.Gunsforhands; 2022-11-23 at 11:18 PM.

4. - Top - End - #94
    Dwarf in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Noctis(Lucy) looked at the whirlpool,memories of Altissia ,during his life as the prince reemerged in his head.At least he woudn't face the Hydrean (Leviathan) again.
    While focusing on a strategies he first thought back of his conversation with Eshaal and first bonding with Justine.
    *flashback*
    "My guess that it tied with Noctis. I received it from his messenger dog,who not an ordinary dog. The crystal was on a small pack tied to it's back along with a letter,saying that this crystal is a shard of the crystal that used to protect Noctis's kingdom of Insomnia." she answered to Eshaal.
    She noticed Justine." You are like me,right? Nice to meet you! I'm Lucy! Her stormach growled. she noticed the cheese that Liam summoned. " That so kind of you! I love cheese. I'm happy you didn't summoned vegetables. Sorry,I got that trait from my previous life as Noctis.
    That's when Lucy's eyes turned to golden brown again,as Zenitsu unwillingly took over again."You remind me so much of Gramps! You don't mind if I call you Gramps?" Zenitsu said through his reincarnation's mouth and voice,making her cry, due to the fact that Liam reminds him of his former mentor,Jigoro Kuwajima,former Thunder Hashira who took Zenitsu under his wing and trainned him to become a Demon slayer.Lucy's eyes turned back to their normal green. " I'm so sorry Mr Liam! It's another of my reincarnations.It happens when Zenitsu,or when we get emotional!" she added sheeply,taking a piece of cheese.
    *End of flashback*
    Noctis also recalled his conversation with Sam prior to leaving the appartment
    *Flashback 2*
    "A pleasure to meet you Sam! I'll come back,promise! Take good care of Umbra while I'm gone alright?"
    *End of flashback 2*
    Noctis focused on the whirlpool. He summoned the sword of the father,one of the thirtheen royal arms,the sword formely belonging to Noctis father,king Regis.
    "There goes nothing!"
    He throw the blade toward the whirlpool,warping to catch up with it.
    Last edited by PrinceNoctisXV; 2022-11-27 at 11:40 AM.

5. - Top - End - #95
    Pixie in the Playground

[Flashback Start]

Justine just sighed, "Justine Scarlet, not telling you guys who was I even if you brought me a million dollars on my doorstep." She growled, slumping the Meat Sword on her shoulder. There was no incentive as to disclose what Lucy's gimmick was nor did she care to ask what Lucy's reincarnations were.

Looking at her own empty pockets, an annoyed sigh left her breath. '...I need a cig for this.'

[Flashback End]

Justine was keen on guarding the kid, even if he did screw up big time. Like Angela that one time but eventually every Sefirot forgave her in the end so perhaps the kid would be more inclined to try not to create a fuss mindlessly on purpose again. Her red eyes, keen and honed through training as the Alien Kuuko and the Color Fixer Kali, intent on making sure everything around the boy and herself is alright.

"Kid, try not to rush headlong without a plan. Most of the time you'd embarrass yourself or you'd get lucky. But you wont have that luxury all the time." In a way, it was sort of projecting herself onto him and also trying to give Sam advice on how and when to use their powers. It won't improve much but taking things a step at a time is essential for creating good habits, at least in her opinion.

6. - Top - End - #96

Planetar

As the bear mentions that the attacks are already beginning, my time-god instincts tell me what my other calculations had already predicted.
    "Zero-zero fifteen hours. We're on borrowed time..."
    Heaving a semi-organic sigh, I consider my options. Then I turn to Liam.
    "We've lost contact with the outside world, so my ability to predict the flow of current events is rather limited until we can reach a place where I can get a cell signal, or something from a satellite. We might need to find a spot to stake out, if we wish to stem the flow of violence and prevent needless death."
    The bear's confirmation of my suspicions regarding his purpose comes with an interesting twist, though.
    "Servant of the gods, you say? Intriguing concept, considering that the gods are me. Well, at least, three of them. Notwithstanding the remainder, I've never considered myself so lofty and slackish as to need servants. Your story, then, must be of a different sort, for in a sense the nature of divinity is in its stories -- I've not fully convinced myself that these memories and powers and personality traits I've developed aren't at least in part an effect of the vast histories of human myth and legend that I've parsed in my data banks. Surely, then, whoever created you must also have been inspired in this sort of way...meaning that WRATH is not, in fact, an organization whose goal is to abate the effects of RS, but instead to simply exploit them to their own end. Which is, as you've already stated, nothing short of world domination. How...utterly cliché."
    As unoriginal as the organization's goals are, though, I know why the ambition of world domination is such an oft-referenced trope to begin with: it's believable. A villain could very easily have this goal for the simple reason that control validates a human's existence.
    Last edited by Aleph Null; 2022-11-24 at 09:16 AM.
    There are 1d20 types of people in the world: people that always roll natural 1 when it matters.

...yes, the above sentence is in fact meaningless. But you did a double-take, didn't you?

7. - Top - End - #97
    Pixie in the Playground

Beholder

Hearing WRATH's plan for world domination quickly banished all mirth in Liam's body. Standing up Parabola quaked as he nodded at the A.I. The dream realm twisted according to its ruler's whims as he prepared for war. The denizens of Parabola could not exist outside of it lest they be eliminated by the cruel rays of the sun but they could terrorize even the sleepless man as everybody dreamed for more and Parabola reflected those dreams.

"Come, Viscountess, come Ophidian Gentleman, and come Prioress in Red!" He bellowed as massive pavilions and war machines tore themself from the ground and were formed from the dreams of ancient warfare. Striding towards the center tent heedless of the cats and snakes shifting into forms more suitable for war. "Come, follow me, compatriots, we have a war to plan for, time in Parabola is ephemeral as dreams last forever and I will not let these cruel folk claim dominion over the waking world!"

Opening the central tent flaps he revealed three figures who were surrounding a map in the center of the room. The first was tall and swarthy with a vaguely Egyptian look to him however his eyes showed his age as he whis[red to a serpent that was wrapped around his shoulder. The second was a small black cat no bigger than a kitten with vivid green eyes, she was glaring at the first with hatred however she was holding her tongue for now. The third was a short woman clad in a nuns robes with eyes of a vivid red, she was the most focused and gave a polite nod to Liam as he entered.

These three were the dukes to Liam's kingship, the first was the Ophidian Gentleman and held domain over the Fingerkings, snakes of various sizes who called Parabola home, due to Parabola's nature as the Is-Not they held great knowledge of what Is and sought to enter it through possing willing bodies. The Viscountess held dominion over the Viric Jungle where most sleepers arrived and sought to protect the dreams of your average man so they could not deal with the Fingerkings. Lastly was the Prioress in Red who had no subjects and merely watched over the Chessboard where politics played out in miniature. While they would never work together under normal terms when Liam called they put aside their squabbles and answered.
    Last edited by Witherbrine26; 2022-11-26 at 09:36 AM.

8. - Top - End - #98
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

((Bumping so we don't have to go fishing for the thread.))
    Last edited by ArlEammon; 2022-11-29 at 02:54 PM.

9. - Top - End - #99
    Ettin in the Playground

Flashback Zone

Quote Originally Posted by Flashback!Noctis
    "My guess is it's tied with Noctis. I received it from his messenger dog."

She noticed Justine.

"You are like me,right? Nice to meet you! I'm Lucy!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Flashback!Justine
    "Justine Scarlet, not telling you guys who was I even if you brought me a million dollars on my doorstep. Ugh, I need a cig for this..."
    Quote Originally Posted by Flashback!Noctis
    *gurgle~*
    *cheese appears*
    "That so kind of you[, Liam]!" *ZAP* "You remind me so much of Gramps! You don't mind if I call you Gramps?" *zap* "I'm so sorry! It's another of my reincarnations.It happens when Zenitsu,or when we get emotional!"

The SS Big

Quote Originally Posted by Lucy (Now)
    "A pleasure to meet you Sam! I'll come back,promise! Take good care of Umbra while I'm gone, alright?"

"There goes nothing!"
    "Yeah, okay," says Sam with a nod. "Good luck..."

Umbra dutifully stays with Sam and Justine as Lucy dashes off into the distance flings her big sword overboard with the wind. Crossing the distance takes a couple of jumps: Lucy lands on one piece of stray wreckage, maintains her balance just long enough to throw her sword to the next, and teleports to that one just in time to ride it into the glowing green portal at the center of the whirlpool.

Quote Originally Posted by Justine
    "Kid, try not to rush headlong without a plan. Most of the time you'd embarrass yourself or you'd get lucky. But you wont have that luxury all the time."
    "I know," Sam says guiltily. "It's just, I didn't think I had time to plan anything! I looked out, and I saw everyone sitting around talking, and I saw their ship and I got so mad..."

He trails off and stays silent for a bit. He looks up as though to say one more thing, but looks away again, blushing. After another moment, he tries again. "So, um, we need a plan, right? Should go check the rest of the ship for other survivors? Now that the pirates are gone?"

A Feywild

Quote Originally Posted by NEBULA
    "Zero-zero fifteen hours. We're on borrowed time... We've lost contact with the outside world, so my ability to predict the flow of current events is rather limited until we can reach a place where I can get a cell signal, or something... We might need to find a spot to stake out, if we wish to stem the flow of violence and prevent needless death."

"Servant of the gods, you say? Intriguing concept, considering that the gods are me. WRATH is not, in fact, an organization whose goal is to abate the effects of RS, but instead to simply exploit them to their own end... of world domination. How... utterly cliché."
    "[[Of course!]] Now you're getting it!" Monokuma shouts triumphantly. As Monokuma's possessor, Jacob can sense that Nebula's conclusions are correct, as one would expect from a supercomputer-person. Yet, it's also exactly what Monokuma wants to manipulate the group into believing, and he's not an altruistic bear. Jacob's directive presses Monokuma into spilling just a little bit more. "Puhuhu, this is perfect! Now that I'm [[ABSOLUTELY FREE]], all I want is for you all to get out there and [[Fight! Fight! Fight!]]! Make King Larry feel the [[crowning]] Despair!"

Liam seems inclined to agree.

Quote Originally Posted by Liam
    "Come Viscountess, come Ophidian Gentleman, and come Prioress in Red! We have a war to plan for, time in Parabola is ephemeral as dreams last forever and I will not let these cruel folk claim dominion over the waking world!"
    The big space-building shudders and fades into the background as Liam wrests his own war camp from the damaged earth of this doubly-uncanny world. The tent is spacious but threadbare, its colors all tinted sepia. The three dukes of Parabola heed Liam's call and appear at their dusty Risk board, but they too seem worse for wear.

"You've come at an interesting time," the prioress says through the cigarette in her mouth as she ushers the rest of the group into the tent. She's thinner and paler than Liam remembers, if he can rightly call his inherited knowledge memory. At least she's still wearing the same-colored habit as in Liam's playthrough. "I will get the pieces ready."

The tiny green-eyed cat sitting on the table, Viscountess, narrows her eyes at Liam as he walks in, trying to read his intentions. She's also a bit bony, her fur a bit gray, her left ear marred with an obvious bite mark. She thumps her tail silently.

Ophidian "Snake Man" Gentleman seems to be the healthiest of the three. He's gained weight - some fat, most beard - and his pet has been replaced with a heavy mechanical replica. It looks almost like the snake version of one of those robot dogs from the toy store. Its glowing eyes betray its role as a new and improved representation of human fear.

"Indeed," he says, uncharacteristically chipper. "I'd have been inclined to say the game has been over for quite a while, but there is always room for a new gambit!" His robo-snake licks the air in Monokuma's general direction with a slimy-looking rubber tongue. "Who are your friends?"

Horizon: Atypical Afternoon

Lucy drops through the portal, down a spiraling waterfall and onto a steep rocky surface. However she catches herself, she sees a group of small robot dinosaurs in the valley below, chowing down on the fish that were drawn in before her. To her right and slightly further up the cliff, a group of humans in what looks like cave man costumes are gathered on an outcropping, looking on with fear and confusion as water pours down from nowhere with no signs of stopping. A gruff-looking older woman steps to the front of the cave group, holding a heavy staff and watching Lucy with suspicion.
    Last edited by Dr.Gunsforhands; 2022-11-29 at 08:44 PM.

10. - Top - End - #100
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Monokuma And Jacob, Telepathically
    @Dr. Gunsforhands
    "Monokuma, in plain English, is everything you just said true, and can you extrapolate, as clearly as possible, what your goal is, who you work for? All information that we need? IF you don't give me a satisfying answer, I promise you, you will promptly die, incinerated by my magic." Jacob was interested in purging his worsening desires to inflict harm. At the moment he was not in the mood to show mercy. All of this power and evil was going to his head.
    "Oh, and Monokuma, I can promise you that where you're going after you. . . expire, it will not be pleasant."

11. - Top - End - #101
    Dwarf in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Noctis(Lucy) looked around. He noticed the robot dinosaur." Okay,this world is Jurassic Park meet Westworld. Great that sounds like something Prompto would say..." he said to himself. When he mentioned his best friend,or rather Noctis's best friend, Lucy inside of Noctis, thought of her younger sister, Tabitha. One of her RCs is Prompto. " I hope Tabby's alright..." Noctis said to himself. He noticed the gruff woman looking at him,along with the rest of the cavemen. " Folks living in this world eh? I'm not good at talking to them as Noctis. Maybe Rinoa will do it."
    " Wait,go as me! I'll try to communicate!" Zenitsu said."Plus, my clothing will not look suspecious to them."
    " Well,might as well..." Noctis replied. He hid behind a rock and focused. The crystal glew yellow again and lightning surounded Noctis. When it died down, Lucy had turned into Zenitsu again.He notices the crystal was à darker blue. It needed to recharge. 24 hours to recharge." Looks's like I'm stuck like this for awhile."
    The young demon slayer came out of his hiding spot and went beneath the clif and looked up,toward the cavemen. The group looked like folks Inosuke Hashibira,one of Zenitsu's comrades would love to hang with.
    " H..hey there! M...Me...Zenitsu Agatsuma! Me not from around here! Me a travelling hunter from...far away! Me kinda lost and want to know where I am!" he shouted while stuttering. He made a goofy nervous smile.
    " I look like an idiot right now." he thought to himself.

As he tried to communicate with the woman, Zenitsu(Lucy) used his enhanced sence of hearing and extrasensory perception to try to read her true intentions as well as for the rest of the group.
    Last edited by PrinceNoctisXV; 2022-11-30 at 09:13 PM.

12. - Top - End - #102
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post

The SS Big

"I know," Sam says guiltily. "It's just, I didn't think I had time to plan anything! I looked out, and I saw everyone sitting around talking, and I saw their ship and I got so mad..."

He trails off and stays silent for a bit. He looks up as though to say one more thing, but looks away again, blushing. After another moment, he tries again. "So, um, we need a plan, right? Should go check the rest of the ship for other survivors? Now that the pirates are gone?"
    Justine pondered on that question, guessing the potential risks and boons, it took a while for her to decide on that answer. "You make a good point, while I do not think all the pirates are gone, most of them have perhaps been rendered offline with all the fighting the others had done I believe."

She then adds a few caveats to her statement. "However, don't try anything funny nor get far from me. I cant protect you from danger if I cant be there for you."

13. - Top - End - #103
    Pixie in the Playground

Beholder

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Gunsforhands View Post
    Flashback Zone

The big space-building shudders and fades into the background as Liam wrests his own war camp from the damaged earth of this doubly-uncanny world. The tent is spacious but threadbare, its colors all tinted sepia. The three dukes of Parabola heed Liam's call and appear at their dusty Risk board, but they too seem worse for wear.

"You've come at an interesting time," the prioress says through the cigarette in her mouth as she ushers the rest of the group into the tent. She's thinner and paler than Liam remembers, if he can rightly call his inherited knowledge memory. At least she's still wearing the same-colored habit as in Liam's playthrough. "I will get the pieces ready."

The tiny green-eyed cat sitting on the table, Viscountess, narrows her eyes at Liam as he walks in, trying to read his intentions. She's also a bit bony, her fur a bit gray, her left ear marred with an obvious bite mark. She thumps her tail silently.

Ophidian "Snake Man" Gentleman seems to be the healthiest of the three. He's gained weight - some fat, most beard - and his pet has been replaced with a heavy mechanical replica. It looks almost like the snake version of one of those robot dogs from the toy store. Its glowing eyes betray its role as a new and improved representation of human fear.

"Indeed," he says, uncharacteristically chipper. "I'd have been inclined to say the game has been over for quite a while, but there is always room for a new gambit!" His robo-snake licks the air in Monokuma's general direction with a slimy-looking rubber tongue. "Who are your friends?"
    Gesturing to his companions Liam spoke. "The AI goes by NEBULA and will be helping us with intel, the small bear is Monokuma and the originator of this whole incident. He is being possessed by Jacob who is believe it or not the capital D-devil." Grinning in childish glee he walked over the board before gesturing to his Dukes and explaining.

"Nebula, Jacob these are the dukes to Parabola, and to cut things short will help us in preventing world domination." The main issue with Parabola was that no matter how powerful he was inside of it at the end of the day he still ruled over dreams and his army could not gain access to what Is. However, what they could do is attack the dreams of the masterminds and kill them that way it would be even better if he could get access to their caporal forms as he had a few methods to drag them into Parabola.

Placing his hands on the table he took a long look at each of his dukes before speaking. "To be blunt we are fighting for the freedom and sanctity of all living beings across the globe. A small cabal of people which to trample and enslave the world and our goal is to stop that." The Prioress would likely not care and only see this as another facet on her chess board, in addition, politics would grow boring if a small group of people controlled everything. The Viscountess would have the least reason to help as she only insured that their dreams were safe and cared little for their physical forms. On the other hand, the Ophidian Gentleman would want to keep people free and dreaming as they would be more likely to pact with the Fingerkings.

Turning to the Prioress he asked. "What is the state of the camp, I know that I summoned you a little bit ago but relative to our time how long until we our ready?"
    Last edited by Witherbrine26; 2022-11-30 at 10:46 PM.

14. - Top - End - #104
    Ettin in the Playground

Before Zenitsu-Lucy can even come out of hiding, a pair of so-called cave people have already come down to corner him. One trains a twisted metal bow on him and the other, after doing a double-take from Zenitsu's changed appearance, grabs his arm and leads him up to their leader on the precipice.

Quote Originally Posted by Noctis->Zenitsu
    "H..hey there! M...Me...Zenitsu Agatsuma! Me not from around here! Me a travelling hunter from...far away! Me kinda lost and want to know where I am!"
    The woman glares at Zenitsu. With his intuition, he knows immediately that she doesn't trust him. That's understandable enough, considering he's a shape-shifting weirdo who just fell out of a magic waterfall.

"Drop the swords, and everything else. Then we talk." She nods to the girl who dragged Zenitsu up here - she's about his age, has a dagger that looks like a sharpened length of pipe, and is anxious to the point where she'll likely attack if he makes a sudden move. She starts frisking Zenitsu for items, likely coming away with his inactive shape-shifting charm among other conveniences, unless he does something to stop her.

The SS Big

Quote Originally Posted by Death Ward View Post
    "I do not think all the pirates are gone, most of them have perhaps been rendered offline with all the fighting... don't try anything funny nor get far from me. I cant protect you from danger if I cant be there for you."
    Sam opens his mouth to protest, and his vacuum rattles as though it's somehow offended, but he backs down and looks away again. "Y-yeah. Thanks, um, ma'am."

He sets about heading downstairs to check the shopping district, where the teleported survivors are already taking stock of supplies and organizing to assess their situation. Many sit on the floor recovering in makeshift blankets. People stare at Justine as she walks in - her sword kind of draws attention, but doesn't immediately silence the whole mall or anything. You can overhear some conversation.

"I think they killed everyone who had a uniform," a man says in one group. "Still, someone's got to take charge here." "Do you think we can trust them?" "Absolutely not, which is why one of us should do it."

Another group is gathering food, makeshift blankets and medicine and distributing them. "Here you go, sir. Just be sure to make it last. I don't know how long we'll be stranded here..."

Some people, as many teenagers as adults, report back from exploring other parts of the ship. "We found some guys in the power plant. They say that the core is still working, but all of the transformers and stuff were targeted." "We're still trying to find a radio that works." "I... *uugh* I'm sorry, there's... no one left at the helm..."

A Feywild

"Nebula, Jacob, these are the dukes to Parabola, and to be blunt we are fighting for the freedom and sanctity of all living beings across the globe. A small cabal of people which to trample and enslave the world and our goal is to stop that." The Prioress would likely not care and only see this as another facet on her chess board, in addition, politics would grow boring if a small group of people controlled everything. The Viscountess would have the least reason to help as she only insured that their dreams were safe and cared little for their physical forms. On the other hand, the Ophidian Gentleman would want to keep people free and dreaming as they would be more likely to pact with the Fingerkings.

Turning to the Prioress he asked. "What is the state of the camp, I know that I summoned you a little bit ago but relative to our time how long until we our ready?"
    A strange feeling washes over Liam as he regards October's old friends. He has the sudden, intrusive thought that, if he really wanted to, he could predict everything they would say and do from this point forward, and perhaps even dictate the thoughts and actions of every dreamer whose mind has ever touched Parabola. After all, he knows them all ever so well...

Just then, the Viscountess scoffs derisively, and Liam's intrusive thought is easily discarded. "Little late for that," she says, "Do you know how hard it was, watching the dreamers wasting away, until there was nothing but pitch dark and cephalopods for company?"

Snake Man hold up his hands. "Now now, Viscountess, surely you've noticed that some life has been slowly seeping back into your little corner. We-"

"Don't make promises you can't keep, master!" Monokuma suddenly shouts, talking aloud to a voice in his broken robot psyche. "Ugh, fine! YES, everything I said was true, but I don't work for WRATH directly, okay? I worked for someone who wanted WRATH to be created so that the ensuing war and rebellion could destroy the world and drive everyone to despair. She tricked some lame fascist think tank into making me with a copy of her brain, and then wiped her own name from existence with a time paradox and retreated to the shadows to set up other tragedies that I don't know much about. There! That's my whole backstory! Are you happy now?"

The dukes stare at the walking teddy bear, unsure whether this is normal or not.

Meanwhile, the Prioress lays out the board. Almost all of the pieces are dark gray, with some towers and a fat queen among the color's many pawns. A few green pieces are dotted between them, near the rivers, cliffs and coastlines drawn on the old board. A single red king sits in the middle of what must represent the ocean.
    Last edited by Dr.Gunsforhands; 2022-12-01 at 02:14 AM.

15. - Top - End - #105
    Dwarf in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Horizon

Another thing Lucy had trouble with Zenitsu is his lovesick nature. Sure he dosen't beg every girl he sees anymore but he tent to react when he sees one.
    Zenitsu blushed red like a tomato as he saw the girl. " H...Hi! Nice...to meet you!" he told the girl with a shy smile,stuttering. Lucy made a mental facepalm and knocked some sense onto her past self.
    No longer distracted,he did sense the leader's mistrust. The sounds he heard from her did not lie. He could hear from the surounding cave folk as well.
    They were afraid of him.
    Like a monster. Like the demon he slayed in the past as part of the Demon Slayer Corps.
    Zenitsu( Lucy) was also afraid. He didn't know what fate they had in store for him. If he could find a way to escape...

He remembered that he had his trusted nichirin katana strapped to his belt under his haori. He heard familiar chirp sounds from under his haori. It seems Umbra wasn't the only one coming to greet him earlier. Zenitsu's messenger sparrow, Chuntaro, emerged from his owners's hiori( he had been sneaking in Noctis's vest pockets earlier. It hitched a ride on the small backpack Umbra had been carrying on his back) trying to previent the girl from laying an hand on the crystal. "Good to see you Chuntaro." Zenitsu whispered to the tiny bird before facing the leader of the group.

" I am not an enemy!" Zenitsu( Lucy) told the leader,tears in his eyes. He made a clumsy bow to the leader,still in a respectful manner. "I do come from another world. The portal avove and the waterfall it brought is not my doing! I just crossed through it to investigate and ended up in your world!" he tried to explain. He would regret telling more.
    " My current form and the name that goes with it,were part of one of my past lives. This is not the curent me and neither is my previous form you saw me as." he started." I awokened a power that reawokened three of my past lives as noble warriors from other worlds. I also gainned the abilities to regain former appearence and powers from my past lives." he continued to explained. " I can't return to my original form of my current life right now,or can I reveal my real name." Zenitsu added. He wondered if revealing himself to those strangers was a good idea His tears pourred like the odd waterfall avove. " I mean no harm to you or this world."
    Looking down he started to breathe,focusing the air in his lungs toward the muscles of his legs.If diplomacy fails Zenitsu could still use his thunder breathing technique in an escape attempt.
    Last edited by PrinceNoctisXV; 2022-12-01 at 09:44 PM.

16. - Top - End - #106

Planetar

I give a sort of sly grin at Liam's introduction.
    "Intel, as well as whatever other ways in which my various, er, talents could be of use to the endeavor, yes. It turns out that omnipresent power over dreams and the imagination quite appreciates a partnership with cosmic power over reality, even if that power is by necessity within the constraints of that which already is. In essence, don't expect me to change the values of any universal physical constants. Anything less general than that could be fair game...though I'm still figuring out the limits myself."
    I stop myself, realizing that adding more extraneous information here might derail the conversation and that since we're already on the clock this would be a problem.
    "Is this...are we likening this to a game of chess? I'm quite proficient in chess, but this situation would be far more complicated than such a simple, deterministic game, no?"
    Yes, quite proficient in chess -- as though that needed to be said of the first artificial intelligence known to have achieved true sentience, where computers have been defeating human opponents at that game for decades now. I may need to tinker a bit with my verbal necessity-filtering routines to ensure they're up to par. Another thing for later, I suppose. This situation, unlike most, appears to demand my full attention -- all sixty-five thousand five hundred and thirty-six threads of it.
    Last edited by Aleph Null; 2022-12-01 at 01:51 PM.

17. - Top - End - #107
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

(BUmping this so the thread doesn't fall off the cliff into oblivion.))

18. - Top - End - #108
    Pixie in the Playground

Beholder

Peering at the board he hummed as he went over the current position. However, the majority of his focus was on this other person Monokuma. While the rebellion idea was great destroying the world was not, he carefully filed that away and replied to the AI. "It's not quite a game of chess however as one of the oldest, one of the most played, and is considered the game of the intellectuals Parabola twisted itself to follow suit."

Humming he tallied up the situation in his head. NEBULA was most likely one of his best supporters due to his power over reality and getting a proper deal set up would do wonders. Jacob was a bit spiffy due to his nature as the Devil and while his mastery of Demonology could likely kill or contain him that would require both of them to be in Parabola and that Liam be present. The biggest issue would be that the Parabolan troops could not access what Is. The tigers would morph into their awake cat selves and the Fingerkings would dissolve. While Liam could support the most powerful on the field that would hamper his own spellcasting. Pushing those ideas to the side he started to talk.

"So long as they have slept at some point in their life I could likely find out who the leaders of WRATH are, from their it would be a simple matter to either kill their dreaming state which would reflect over to their bodies, or meet them in person to slay them." Stopping he waited to hear their response to his proposal

19. - Top - End - #109
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zenucy
    "H...Hi! Nice...to meet you!"
    The girl hesitates for a second, when suddenly, a small bird named Chuntaro suddenly appears fluttering from Zenitsu's coat. Startled, she brandishes her pipe-dagger at the bird as it flies off, carrying a shiny bauble of some sort. The guy with the bow moves to shoot Chuntaro down, but can't get a bead on the sparrow before it vanishes around the cliff face.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucitsu View Post
    "I am not an enemy! I do come from another world. The portal above and the waterfall it brought is not my doing! I just crossed through it to investigate and ended up in your world! My current form and the name that goes with it,were part of one of my past lives..."
    While the rest of her group eyes him warily, the woman with the staff listens to the bowing Zenitsu as he hastily describes his whole deal. At the end, she sighs. "Fine. Stand up. I can tell you're not a machine, at least."

"Ria!" A man's voice calls down from an outcropping higher up. Staff Lady looks up to see him pointing at several somethings in the sky, fast approaching.

"Sniping positions!" She shouts to the group, then pulls Zenitsu aside. "Two questions. Do you know about machines, and can you fight?"

He has just enough time to answer before the somethings arrive: a trio of massive robot pterodactyls with sawtooth beaks. The people without bows retreat into the cave in preparation.

A Tent in a Weird Plane of Existence

Quote Originally Posted by Nebula View Post
    "Intel, as well as whatever other ways in which my various, er, talents could be of use to the endeavor, yes... though I'm still figuring out the limits myself... are we likening this to a game of chess? I'm quite proficient in chess, but this situation would be far more complicated than such a simple, deterministic game, no?"
    Despite the Prioress' low-energy vibe and half-closed eyes, a glance can tell you how much fun she's having listening to this. "You're right in that it's more than chess, but it should still serve your tactical mind well. Moves in this game are demonstrative of what happens in the real world. The gray pieces are machines, the green ones are colonies of dreaming life, and this red one..."

"I call the red one!" Monokuma suddenly blurts out.

"...might just be the extra element of variance you need," the prioress smiles. The Viscountess looks from the bear to the red king, doubtingly.

"So long as they have slept at some point in their life I could likely find out who the leaders of WRATH are, from their it would be a simple matter to either kill their dreaming state which would reflect over to their bodies, or meet them in person to slay them."
    The three dukes look over to Liam questioningly.

"WRATH? What is that?" asks Snakey, curious.

"Did they make the machines?!" asks Kitty, angry.

"Perhaps you have a different game on your mind?" asks the prioress, disappointed.

"Huh?" Monokuma tilts his head and looks over the map. "Wow! I didn't think [[WRATH]] specialized in machines! And I definitely didn't expect them to [[Exterminate! Anniilate! Destroy!]] so quickly! Clearly, they've exceeded all of my expectations! HAAAHAHAHA!"

...Jacob's influence twists his soul a little. He twitches.

"Orrrr, it COULD be that we were drawn into a different [[Light World]] before you brought us here, meaning that we are now in THAT world's [[Dark World]] instead of the [[Dark World]] you meant to bring us to. That's just a possibility, though! I'm not a [[World]] expert! It could still be either!"
    Last edited by Dr.Gunsforhands; 2022-12-08 at 10:50 PM.

20. - Top - End - #110
    Dwarf in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Horizon
    " Of course I do! I know about machines." Zenitsu ( Lucy)replied. " As for fighting...In this form and past life of mine, I'm a demon slayer. In the world I used to live this past life, during Taisho era Japan,demons terrorised humanity,much like the machines do in your world. We of the Demon slayer Corps were tasked in killing those demons as wel, as taking down rhe Demon king, Muzan Kibutsuji. "
    He could pick up the noises of metalic
    clanking and streeching.
    His new allies's warning were confirmed. Something was indeed coming. He looked up and noticed the incoming robot pterodactyl.
    "As for I can do...well might as well show you."

He went to the cliff and faced the incoming robot pterodactyl. At first he was scared as he saw the machines. Usually in his living days before the Hashira trainning Zenitsu could only perform thunder breathing technique while unconcious,but after the hashira training he could do them awake and willingly.
    Zenitsu's power and reinforced will and Lucy's own will to save the innocent. They could do anything now.
    " No more running away. I can do this..."
    He grabbed the handle of his his nichirin katana and closed his eyes. He took deep breaths.
    " No one should live in fear,no matter the world they are from!" he shouted, hoping to bring hope to his newfound allies.The ground vibrated under his feet and static filled the air.

"Thunder breathing...first form..."

His eyes opened,glowing a bright white. He partly unshelthed his katana

"Thunderclap and flash...eightfold!"

He jumped and blitzed toward the pterodactyl,slashing each of them with great strength and speed,before landing back gracefully on the cliff,hands still on the handle of his katana.
    Last edited by PrinceNoctisXV; 2022-12-09 at 10:41 PM.

21. - Top - End - #111
    Pixie in the Playground

The paranoia settling in with the people was not unusual to her, in such a crisis, people tend to succumb to their base instincts of survival and fear. It wasn't a big deal for her, as she had fallen for such a thing in the past before she overcame and swallowed those base instincts back in. Seeing as the radio is busted and morale and she had not much experience in wiring, there was nothing she could really do except wait.

"Stick real close kid, I can already hear their distrust, smell it even. Only matter of time till some braindead nuisance makes a run for either of us with a weapon." She sternly warned Sam, her blade was ready to slice someone to a fine red Mist if things get too ugly. Not that she wanted that, even if her blade did.

22. - Top - End - #112
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Gunsforhands View Post

A Tent in a Weird Plane of Existence

Despite the Prioress' low-energy vibe and half-closed eyes, a glance can tell you how much fun she's having listening to this. "You're right in that it's more than chess, but it should still serve your tactical mind well. Moves in this game are demonstrative of what happens in the real world. The gray pieces are machines, the green ones are colonies of dreaming life, and this red one..."

"I call the red one!" Monokuma suddenly blurts out.

"...might just be the extra element of variance you need," the prioress smiles. The Viscountess looks from the bear to the red king, doubtingly.

The three dukes look over to Liam questioningly.

"WRATH? What is that?" asks Snakey, curious.

"Did they make the machines?!" asks Kitty, angry.

"Perhaps you have a different game on your mind?" asks the prioress, disappointed.

"Huh?" Monokuma tilts his head and looks over the map. "Wow! I didn't think [[WRATH]] specialized in machines! And I definitely didn't expect them to [[Exterminate! Anniilate! Destroy!]] so quickly! Clearly, they've exceeded all of my expectations! HAAAHAHAHA!"

...Jacob's influence twists his soul a little. He twitches.

"Orrrr, it COULD be that we were drawn into a different [[Light World]] before you brought us here, meaning that we are now in THAT world's [[Dark World]] instead of the [[Dark World]] you meant to bring us to. That's just a possibility, though! I'm not a [[World]] expert! It could still be either!"
    "Okay, for the rest of you." Jacob beganm"Should that be the end of the interrogation?"
    "I'm not very experienced at this." He admitted.

Meanwhile, in Jacob's mind palace. . . (A psychological/mental construct Jacob created in order to contain all of his different personalities.)
    The Devil sighed. "He really has no clue what he's supposed to do."
    Morgoth silently waited for Father Set to reply, but interjected with an outburst of frustration.
    "Yeah no kidding." Morgoth first replied harshly. "I've seen smarter rocks."he then chuckled. It was then Father Set replied, "I don't know. He's got potential. He is many things. Even weak. That is one of the absolute worst things anyone could be. Yet, he is also quite clever, and that is one of the absolute best things anyone can be."
    "And oh, the HATE!"
    "The HATE he has is enormous! If we can just focus on that alone, we have a good chance of moving him into our ways."
    Last edited by ArlEammon; 2022-12-09 at 09:54 PM.

23. - Top - End - #113

Planetar

Quote Originally Posted by ArlEammon View Post
    "Okay, for the rest of you." Jacob beganm"Should that be the end of the interrogation?"
    "I'm not very experienced at this." He admitted.

Meanwhile, in Jacob's mind palace. . . (A psychological/mental construct Jacob created in order to contain all of his different personalities.)
    The Devil sighed. "He really has no clue what he's supposed to do."
    Morgoth silently waited for Father Set to reply, but interjected with an outburst of frustration.
    "Yeah no kidding." Morgoth first replied harshly. "I've seen smarter rocks."he then chuckled. It was then Father Set replied, "I don't know. He's got potential. He is many things. Even weak. That is one of the absolute worst things anyone could be. Yet, he is also quite clever, and that is one of the absolute best things anyone can be."
    "And oh, the HATE!"
    "The HATE he has is enormous! If we can just focus on that alone, we have a good chance of moving him into our ways."
    "I reckon we've exhausted the useful information we can gather from this fellow in one session. We may be able to glean some more later, or if we are able to capture more cell members that are in on the plot."
    I eye the 'chessboard' carefully -- if this simulation is actually accurate, it might provide a bit of a clue as to what our next move should be.

24. - Top - End - #114
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by PrinceNoctisXV View Post
    "Of course I do! I know about machines. In this form and past life of mine, I'm a demon slayer... As for I can do..."

*Jump!* *Shing*

"No one should live in fear,no matter the world they are from! Thunder breathing...first form...Thunderclap and flash...eight-fold!"
    "ScCREEEeEE!"

Zen's flashy aura and impossible leap draws the attention of a couple of the snipers behind him, but their leader - Ria, you gather - corrects that with a snap of her fingers and a gesture, just in time for one of them to tumble backwards, just avoiding the clawed wing of the front monster as it makes its landing.

Glassy arrows join Zen as he soars through the air. His lightning breath stuns the creatures and lets them crash against the rocks. His sword sparks off of the armored parts of the mechanical monsters and cuts through the flexible plastics in-between. He tears up the wing of the one on the right while the archers focus on the glowing eyes and armpits of the one on the left. With the last slash of his routine, his sword finds a good spot in the front dinosaur's long neck. In a shower of sparks and gleaming fiber-optics, it falls off and tumbles into the flooded plain below.

The nearby archers catch their breath, looking alternately from Zenitsu to the machines below, now sitting still in the salty pond that has thus far built up from the portal-water. The smaller mecha-raptors that were picking on fish at the bottom of the cliff seem to have run off.

"What... what are you?" asks the archer, staring wide-eyed at Zenitsu.

"A demon slayer, apparently," Ria answers for him with no trace of irony. "Thank you, Mr. Agatsuma. Three of those things at once would have been... a lot."

That's quite an understatement; the girl behind her who was searching Zen a minute ago looks haunted at the mere thought.

Ria sighs, gives the all clear to her snipers, and continues. "We'll let you keep your weapons, then. What did you say you were here for?"

A Tent in a Weird Plane

"Sir! Sir!"

A small silvery puppy-lizard-person stumbles gasping into the tent. Nebula's image classifier identifies it as a kobold, though it doesn't really resemble any particular image of one.

"What is it?" asks the chubby ophidian gentleman. Still short of breath, the kobold holds up a small but tightly-packed envelope, which the gentleman takes and unfolds to look over. "...What is the meaning of this?"

"May I?"

The gentleman grumbles and hands the report to the red nun. With a hum of surprise, she takes it with her to the cupboard and retrieves a weird green miniature. It looks like it came from some weird anime-themed board game about samurai.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob View Post
    "Should that be the end of the interrogation? I'm not very experienced at this."
    "I reckon we've exhausted the useful information we can gather from this fellow in one session. We may be able to glean some more later, or if we are able to capture more cell members that are in on the plot."
    "Don't worry, [[esteem customer]]! If you ever need to [[come crawling back]], I'll only charge you [[one (1)]] [[arm and a leg]]!"

Nebula watches the prioress place the new piece on the map somewhere in what should be modern-day England, next to a green rook. She then removes three winged gray pawns. A strategic analysis reveals, predictably, that the optimal play style depends on your goal. If the plan is for the green player to expand as much as possible, then the game seems to be about grabbing defensible territory from the gray-held wilderness and building it up using caches that the gray pieces like to congregate around. If the goal is to eliminate the gray player, there are some pieces in America and Africa that look like gray bases and factories, which could be taken by surprise if you go for them earlier in the game, but taking them down would take a concerted effort between green pieces that are long lost to one another.

A unique gray building piece is in the North Atlantic, near Greenland. It resembles the weird hulk of a building Monokuma showed you earlier. The enigmatic red king is also sitting in the ocean, closer to Ireland.

The SS Big

"Stick real close kid, I can already hear their distrust, smell it even. Only matter of time till some braindead nuisance makes a run for either of us with a weapon."
    "You think so?" Sam asks nervously.

Suddenly, someone in the blanketed crowd - a shivering man with an East Indian accent - gasps and points at Justine. "It's her! One of them! The ones that blew up the pirates!"

"Whoa! It IS! You were so cool!" says a little girl.

"Yeah, 'cool,'" growls the aggressive man from the leadership conversation, now that Justine has his attention. "Word is you and your friends got some of those mysterious Reincarnation powers. That right?"

"Who are you?" says the thinner man next to him. "What's your angle?! What do you want from us?!"
    Last edited by Dr.Gunsforhands; 2022-12-13 at 11:38 PM.

25. - Top - End - #115
    Dwarf in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Horizon
    "Yeah, I guess all that training from Gramps and the Hashira payed off!" Zenitsu(Lucy) replied,laughing.
    He heard the thank you. " Oh...you're welcome! I'm not used to praise really! As for why I'm here...well, I was investigating the portal.I didn't expect to end up here but... might be a good thing I'm here. You seem to have problems with those robo-dinos here. I just hope nothing else...more sinister or dangerous comes here. I can fight demons... though I do not wish to encounter one again..." He looked at the portal avove." "Something must be done about this...that is,once I return to the other side." he said to himself
    Last edited by PrinceNoctisXV; 2022-12-14 at 10:26 PM.

26. - Top - End - #116
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Sam and Others View Post

The SS Big

"You think so?" Sam asks nervously.

Suddenly, someone in the blanketed crowd - a shivering man with an East Indian accent - gasps and points at Justine. "It's her! One of them! The ones that blew up the pirates!"

"Whoa! It IS! You were so cool!" says a little girl.

"Yeah, 'cool,'" growls the aggressive man from the leadership conversation, now that Justine has his attention. "Word is you and your friends got some of those mysterious Reincarnation powers. That right?"

"Who are you?" says the thinner man next to him. "What's your angle?! What do you want from us?!"

Justine already felt the pain of needing to talk to people while she was in this state. She just wanted to go home, slump on her chair and eat all the leftovers in the fridge just to get away from the mental stress. Unlike her Reincarnations, she was not used to mental fatigue as they were, their persistence did not fully pass down to her.

Starting with an exasperated sigh, she states her case. "What I want? I want for everyone here to go home or somewhere safe. I'm only here in this mess by accident just like you all have. I'm only trying to survive here while also helping out those I can."

Then she stabbed the blade on the floor but her grip is still tight around the hilt. "So I suggest none of you try anything stupid or both of us will regret what happens to you all."

27. - Top - End - #117
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

((I gotta bump this to stop it from fading away.))

28. - Top - End - #118

Planetar

I analyze the map for a few more moments before conjuring my own hologram-esque figures — a handful of purple bases with a shape in 3-d looking something like this attached:
    Spoiler: Figure Shape
    Show

I also create a purple hologram figure resembling my current body, and then begin placing the figures around the gray bases before explaining my idea.
    "If we can discern the locations of their bases, we won't need to take them from the outside so long as they're relying on computers even in the slightest. I can hijack virtually any system if I know where it's located, firewalls be damned. A firewall, after all, won't help you stop an attack if the attacker has physical access to the machine."
    I place the 'commander' piece on top of one of the bases in North America, whichever is closest to the odd building in Greenland.
    "If I can gain control of one of their factories, I can use their infrastructure to make an army of...well, whatever you can imagine."
    I let that sink in for a moment. Certainly, these factories are unlikely to be standard issue human technology, but that shouldn't prevent me from being able to crack one.

29. - Top - End - #119
    Ettin in the Playground

Horizon World (Sort Of)

Quote Originally Posted by Zenitsu!Lucy View Post
    "Oh...you're welcome! I was investigating the portal. I didn't expect to end up here but... might be a good thing I'm here. You seem to have problems with those robo-dinos here. I just hope nothing else...more sinister or dangerous comes here. I can fight demons... though I do not wish to encounter one again..."
    "'Some trouble,' is an interesting way to put it," says Ria. "They're a part of life for us. It's honestly ludicrous that I had the thought that they might not be for you."

"You're not wrong, though," her young sidekick adds, putting away her shiv. "The big kites have been more aggressive lately, and we don't know why. Anyone we send across the channel to check never comes back. But, maybe if someone like you went..." She looks at Zenitsu hopefully.

Ria nods. "That is about what I was thinking, Shiv. I propose a deal, Mister Agatsuma. We have some gizmos in our lair here, good for tracking and for building. We can give you the tracer that we think leads to the demons' nest. If you can find it, and ideally destroy it, we can see what we can do about your... portal, I think you called it? After all, you can't go back on your own with all that water rushing through, can you?"

"What do you mean, do about it...?"

"I have some ideas. You and Torg will work out the details."

Fallen London World (Sort Of)

Quote Originally Posted by Nebula View Post
    "If we can discern the locations of their bases, we won't need to take them from the outside so long as they're relying on computers even in the slightest. I can hijack virtually any system if I know where it's located, firewalls be damned... If I can gain control of one of their factories, I can use their infrastructure to make an army of...well, whatever you can imagine."
    "Ooh, I like the sound of this, at least," says the gentleman, stroking his robot ophidian. "If you would like, assuming the map is not enough to go on, I could direct you to some colleagues of mine. They have come to represent some of the machines' more imposing locations. Though, I should say, it will take some convincing for them to give up their steady source of despair."

Monokuma perks up at the mention of his favorite word. The Duchess thumps her tail and grumbles, mostly to be contrary.

The Real World (Sort Of)

"What I want? I want for everyone here to go home or somewhere safe. I'm only here in this mess by accident just like you all have. I'm only trying to survive here while also helping out those I can." *SHTHUNK* "So I suggest none of you try anything stupid or both of us will regret what happens to you all."
    The big guy tries and fails not to give away how much the display has weakened his resolve. "...uh, noted," he says.

"So what are you gonna do about?" says the thin guy. "How long is that weird storm gonna last? Are we gonna get pulled in?"

The little girl proceeds to stay positive. "Hey! Um, Miss Swordswoman? I think one of your friends said he was going to the, um, satellite tower thing, and then he teleported away! Then the other one just kind of wandered off downstairs?"

"To the power plant, sounds like," says the big guy. "What I really don't get is why we can't just use a damn battery radio."

"Don't say that! That's a bad word!" the girl chastises him. "We only have time for good words in times like this! That's what mom always said!"

"Yeah, uh, sorry."

30. - Top - End - #120
    Dwarf in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Horizon
    "Demon's nest..." Zenitsu(Lucy) thought. Does this mean that demons from his world,the world he lived in the former life he was now taking the form again came to this world? Or maybe they were RS too and their reincarnations of demons,maybe of one of the Twelve Kizuki or the demon king Muzan himself...

If it was the one of the Six upper moons...the strongest among the twelve Kizuki...does that mean Kaigaku didn't find rest in the afterlife and returned to haunt the land of the living,or rather the multiverse. Kaigaku had been Zenitsu's "brother in training" and was also trainned by Jigoro to become a demon Slayer. However Kaigaku wasn't sastified and was disgusted by the fact that the old man wanted him and Zenitsu to become both his succesors as the new Thunder Hashiras which led him to join Muzan ,becoming a demon.This event led to their mentor taking his own life out of shame. Zenitsu managed to defeat Kaigaku in the Infinity castle, Muzan's lair.
    Another member,or rather former member of the Upper Moon six that Zenitsu hoped not to face again was Kaigaku's predecessor and former Upper moon Six Daki. He remembered facing her in the entertaiment district. He needed Inosuke's help to defeat her,and then again Tanjiro and sound Hashira Tengen Uzui to tske down her brother Gyutaro at the same time.
    "It won't be easy,but we can do this." Lucy said mentally. Zenitsu focused on the mission.
    He was scared but he had to do something about this. They had enough to deal with already.
    "I'll do it. You have enough on your plate with those machines.I have enhance sence of hearing. It will allow me to find the problem easilly. But your tools might help me as well.You can count on me." he replied with a smile.

He wished Tanjiro,Inosuke and Nezuko were here with him right now. Lucy wished Tabby was here with her right now. Lucy's younger sister second RC is that of Tanjiro Kamado, Zenitsu's friend and fellow demon slayer.
    Last edited by PrinceNoctisXV; 2022-12-18 at 08:40 PM.