New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Halfling in the Playground

Default Re: Mafia IV - Star Wars - Day 1

A T3-M4 rolls into the cantina, the head swiveling around and taking in the surroundings.

Whirrr-bip bip bip beep bip bip whirr whee-bip bop bip bip bip bip zhirr bip biii.

The T3-M4 rolls off into the corner, bumping into timberwolf once before settling down, a red light blinking once every 10 seconds or so.
    Last edited by Endeavourl; 2007-12-01 at 11:26 PM.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Orc in the Playground

A green-skinned Twi'lek strolls into the cantina. She's dressed in simple gear that looks like pilot's leathers. She sits down and orders a drink.
    If I knew the shipping lines would be put into lockdown when I touched down on this planet, I'd have refused the job. Looks like I'm stuck here until the Empire gets whatever it is they want here.
    She sighs, and drinks from the dirty mug, noticing androgial's game of cards going on in the corner.
    I don't suppose I could join, as I don't have any of Tatooine's bloody Hutt money. Just Credits. Not that a traveler like me would be welcome even if I did. mumble mumble gripe. Stuck on a bloody planet that doesn't take Credits. And due for another job in three days. Bloody Imperials.

Dwagons!

V is SO AWESOME.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lizard Lord View Post
    An ewok carrying a small tube that looks like a light saber hilt walks into the room. He immediately notices the shining protocol droid and walks over to it, staring at it intensely.
    B-RGR looks down at the Ewok. Well! At least not everyone in here is dangerous and alarming!

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

4. - Top - End - #34

After hearing the loud announcement, Kasz just shrugs and sits at the end of the bar rolling some dice and taking a sip of his drink. He looks at them before beckoning at Cult_of_the_Raven. "Want to play some Klondike?"

(My star wars knowledge is trivial, so don't mind me)
    Last edited by Kasz; 2007-12-01 at 11:55 PM.
    I lived through the Invasion of the Zombies and all I got was this lousy signature thingie made by a lazy narrator. Go me!
    I fought The Mysterious Circle of Shadowy Chairs in Discworld I (Dei in Machina) till the end, won the game and survived and all I got is this lousy signature line.

5. - Top - End - #35
    Dwarf in the Playground

A man cloaked in brown enters the Mos Eisley Cantina, and orders a Correllian Ale. He then moves to a corner and sits quietly, surveying the situation.

6. - Top - End - #36
    Orc in the Playground

The Twi'lek smiles, briefly, and hops over to the table where Kasz sits.
    I think I'll take you up on that offer. My name is Raven Var. I'm a freelance pilot. I touched down on this planet bringing a parts shipment for a podracing guru, when the imperials locked the airspace.
    Anyway, deal the cards.

Dwagons!

V is SO AWESOME.

7. - Top - End - #37
    Bugbear in the Playground

Soft and quiet. The hand is a blur. The autotool is held in the palm, concealed.

He brushes by the droid, stumbling slightly. A curse directed at the mechanical bucket of bolts for being in his way.

The autotool is no longer in his hand.

As he moves across the cantina floor, his good eye remains focused on his objective. The other, a milk-white orb, twitches in the wreckage of the eye-socket; the med-droid had done a poor job repairing the extensive damage and he didn't have the credits to have the eye properly regenerated yet. Soon, though. Soon.

Seeing the Twi'lek and companion with a deck of cards, he pulls back a chair, sets in, and slaps some credits down. "Perhaps when you're done this round, we can play a real better's game - like Pazaak," he rumbled under his breath at Kasz."
    Catatar made for me many years ago ... pretty sure by banjo1985
    Werewolf Awards: 'Best Narration: Helgraf'
    Rabbit says stuff that makes me blush.

8. - Top - End - #38

Ah a pilot, too bad you had to come now it seems, getting grounded. Well my name is Kasz I'm just a mechanic.

Kasz looks up a Helgraf, Oh I don't mind what we play, Though to make it interesting, Three way Pazaak, not only one but two people to contend with it's fine with me after we play a round of Klondike just to test the waters.

Kasz passes out 5 dice to each player before rolling 5 himself, place your bet, you beat the dice you get double back, though don't place too much, save it for later.

Dice
    Though Klondike is a pure chance game it's simple.

(looks like that's not how to use the board dice roller, oops)
    Last edited by Kasz; 2007-12-02 at 02:10 AM.
    I lived through the Invasion of the Zombies and all I got was this lousy signature thingie made by a lazy narrator. Go me!
    I fought The Mysterious Circle of Shadowy Chairs in Discworld I (Dei in Machina) till the end, won the game and survived and all I got is this lousy signature line.

9. - Top - End - #39
    Ogre in the Playground

Captain Pickard remains where he is, looking around at the different alien species in utter disbelief.

"Captains log: This place is crazy. I will use this opportunity to test Jordi's Chameleon Biosuit, to see whether I can integrate more effectively with this strange local populace."

Pickard touches a button on a metal device on his wrist. He glows white for a few seconds, then reappears. It seems as if the chameleon suit has decided to disguise him as Chewbacca.

"GWAAAARRRGH!"

Translation: "Damnit, why can't I morph into something that can talk! Eldritch Knight, help me!"

Excellent Elan & Yoshi avatar by Mr Saturn

10. - Top - End - #40
    Barbarian in the Playground

PirateCaptain

The four players look over at the other gamblers but its andro who speaks.

"Sorry but this pot is too high to allow new players in on but you three are welcome to join us for the next game." with that he knocks on the table signifiying his hand is ready for the reveal. A Full dark side court. which wins the whole pot. the other three shake their heads and leave heading out into town. Andro takes a moment to look around the room his glance landing on Fleeing Coward looks like a hutt to me but then who am i to judge others.

"Sabbac Anyone?"
    This is my BRUTE'S MINICITY

11. - Top - End - #41
    Ogre in the Playground

A Rodian is sitting in the corner, wearing a tatty jacket and baggy trousers. Around his waist is a belt which carries a large assortment of both high and low-tech weaponry and tools.

"Banchuuna P'naka oo'chana yllk." He is talking in Huttese to a slightly drunk moisture farmer,
    "But Greedo did shoot first! It was on the vidicast. And you know it's true."

"Chakpa nu'bana kunpa!" the Rodian replies.

"Take that back! You know as well as I do that Han is a good man! I'll take you down, Bug-face!" The moisture farmers stands up and leans over the table to grab the Rodian. A laser shot is heard and the farmer slumps forward. The canteena falls silent for a moment, then resumes it's usual state of noise and illegal trade.

"P'nacha tuool'ka Kasz no'loko." <I'll see if I can sell his stuff to Kasz>
    The Rodian starts rummaging in the farmers pockets for credits and anything of value.
    Last edited by Dr. Bath; 2007-12-02 at 09:22 AM.

12. - Top - End - #42
    Troll in the Playground

The protocol droid looks up. Oh my, somebody - he points in the direction of Dr. Bath - shot someone! Oh dear!

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

13. - Top - End - #43

The bartender glares at the protocol droid (Bushranger).

Hey, we don't serve your kind here.
    Last edited by Lord Magtok; 2007-12-02 at 10:27 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson
    Unhooded Magtok avvie by urodivoi

14. - Top - End - #44
    Dwarf in the Playground

(Game Masters Note - if you decide not to play - that is Ok.

Just PM both me and ER and we'll readjust the role into the game.

Please let us know before the Day 1 Night phase ends (which HAS NOT STARTED YET).

Also - an announcement.
    For all you Excel spreadsheet users out there, Zeb the Troll has joined the game. He has taken EmeraldRose's position.)
    Last edited by Andre Fairchilde; 2007-12-02 at 11:30 AM.
    "see the little angels rise up high, how do they rise up, rise up, how do they rise up high?"

15. - Top - End - #45
    Troll in the Playground

My deepest apologies kind sir, but I was instructed by my master to await his arrival at this location. Oh dear, but the Imperial blockade means he will have difficulty in arriving! I assure you I will not cause any trouble for you. He then wanders off to a dark, unobtrusive corner...

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew

16. - Top - End - #46
    Ogre in the Playground

Having pilfered anything of value from the moisture farmer the Rodian, who looks surprisingly silimar to Greedo, although his skin colour is slightly greener, sidles up next to the protocall droid. "Ba'choona bampo fassa, Blo'nanka tukulo Droid'." <I saw you pointing at me earlier, I wouldn't advise making me an enemy droid.>

He pulls an ominous looking tool from his belt. It looks designed for cutting metal.

<But I think we could get along fine. If you're willing to help me...>

17. - Top - End - #47
    Troll in the Playground

The droid, having gone into a sleep mode in the corner, says nothing.

(And he also hears no-tink. No-tink!!! )

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew

18. - Top - End - #48

A strange winged alien, with blue skin and teeth that look like they could strip the flesh off a man's arm in under a second if that man tried to punch him in the face, is sitting in the corner.

"Hmm", he mulls to himself, "if that man is speaking Huttese, doesn't that make him a member of Jabba's gang?". He looks away from The Rodian (Dr Bath) in case he draws attention to himself.
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    Damn Jontom and his twisting logic that make sense.
    Quote Originally Posted by banjo1985 View Post
    Nothing personal JX, I just know how completely devious and brilliant you are at these games when you have the time to devote to them.
    Quote Originally Posted by banjo1985 View Post
    All I'll say is that Jontom is a master at these games ... the blue guy with the spiky teeth can be very persuasive.

Evnafet's GitP WW archive is here.

19. - Top - End - #49
    Ettin in the Playground

Walking back into the bar, the mysterious cloaked figure looks around too see if there is anything interesting to do. Obviously not finding what it was looking for outside, it notices Kasz and the others who turn him away from their game of cards. It approaches Kasz and says to him:

"This game of yours looks interesting and I wish to try. What are the stakes?"
    Adrie, half elven bard. Drawing by Vulion, avatar by CheesePirate. Colored version by Callos_DeTerran. Thanks a lot, you guys.
    This place is not a place of honor…no highly esteemed deed is commemorated here… nothing valued is here.
    "There will come a day so dark you will pray for death. On that day your prayers will be answered."
    Book of shadows, book of night, wake the beast and banish light.

20. - Top - End - #50

A young boy, no older than 15, wearing a blue t-shirt and jeans, suddenly appears out of thin air. He holds in his hand a baseball bat and yo-yo, but that doesnt change the fact he's now in a giant space-ship hangar.

Gah! Why does Zoda keep having to do this to me! I swear! One single little incident and suddenly he's trying to kill me! WHY!
    Shouts Mike Jones, hero of the NES game Startropics.
    Wait... I'm not on Miracola anymore, am I? And what is that Rodian-Bath thing speaking?

21. - Top - End - #51
    Orc in the Playground

A grizzled man with dark hair and plain colored clothes looks over at the now dead moisture farmer. That's only the third one...It seems the bar is behind its dead costumer quota for the day. He then looks over at the protocol droid, The Bushranger. I can't stand protocol droids. I didn't think they were allowed in here. The man turns back to his drink.
    Last edited by Ominous; 2007-12-02 at 04:43 PM.
    May your last breath also be your mintiest.

22. - Top - End - #52
    Orc in the Playground

"And who is that one? says the hooded man pointing at Travelling Angel. "Surely is some suspicious individual."

Awards:
    Spoiler
    Show

Formerly known as Hero 1.0

23. - Top - End - #53
    Ogre in the Playground

((Rodians apparently speak Huttese now, at least that's what Greedo speaks, and I have nothing else to base it off. Unless Wikipedia lied to me.))

"An'chaka mol'kju puunta!" <What are you looking at, boy?> the Rodian strides over to 'Mike Jones'.

"Ak'pana pk'nokte fluuba. Baul'ko pusa nomgra." <Don't fear what you don't know. Otherwise you'll have reason to fear it.>

24. - Top - End - #54
    Dwarf in the Playground

(Game master clarification. I had at least one question, and wanted to try to clear it up.

The wolves in this game - the Imperial Agents, and the Huttese Gangsters winning conditions are as follows:

The Imperial Agents must eliminate the Huttese Gangsters AND equal/outnumber the Rebels (Villagers) to achieve their win.

The same in reverse is for the Huttese Gangsters:
    The Huttese Gangsters must eliminate the Imperial Agents AND equal/outnumber the Rebels (Villagers) to achieve their win.

The optional mission rules - the pursuit of the Lovers - is not so much for the win, but to ensure they don't *lose*. If the wolves kill their targets - they don't automatically win the game. If they achieve their objective but are still wiped out - their side finishes the game with a Draw.

We wanted to throw in some more Star Wars-like rules for Han and Leia - and I personally despise the traditional "Lovers" role.

Please pm me with any questions.)
    "see the little angels rise up high, how do they rise up, rise up, how do they rise up high?"

25. - Top - End - #55
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Elel, the ewok will at Kireny Slane (Traveling Angel, wondering why everyone is so mad at that one.

26. - Top - End - #56

Figran D'an is still wondering at why there are any droids at all in the cantina.... the electric field should have stopped them....

However, he decides that he doesn't like the look of the blue, winged-thing in the corner.... Jontom Xire

TRAF Awards

Spoiler
    Show

Thanks Banjo1985 for Count Catula!

27. - Top - End - #57

Sitting alone in the corner of a bar, the cloaked figure says nothing. It simply raises its hand and points at Kasz.
    You haven’t got a womb. Where’s the fetus gonna gestate; you gonna keep it in a box?
    Don’t fear the darkness, fear what it hides.

Spoiler
    Show

Avatar and sig picture by kpenguin.

28. - Top - End - #58
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lizard Lord View Post
    Elel, the ewok will at Kireny Slane (Traveling Angel, wondering why everyone is so mad at that one.
    Long story, but the Cliff notes version is that she was born to two Imp intel agents, became a prodigy, infiltrated an elite Rebel squad (under the name Lara Notsil), had a change of heart, but was discovered, then she faked her own death to sneak away and become Kirney Slane. On top of this, many Rebels know the full story.

See why people are suspicious?

((other reason: I hadn't posted yet))

29. - Top - End - #59
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Mafia IV - Star Wars - Day 1 Please Move

Quote Originally Posted by Vampiric View Post
    Inspector Tiger sketch? I can sort of remember the sketch, but I thought it was called something else.... Also, I can't remember any tigers...
    ((It's called the Agatha Christie Sketch))

The green man walks around, looking carefully at everyone in the room.

"As I was saying before, nobody must leave the room, I must ask of you. Powerful, the Dark Side is, and suspicious, I am, of everybody in this room, of having embraced the Dark Side. Of Zeb the Troll, suspicious particularly, I am."
    So I herd you liek Mudkipz by Mr. Saturn
    Spoiler
    Show

Many thanks to both Mr Saturn and B-Man for their avatars!! Antiform Sora, Haloween Sora, Majora's Mask Link, Wolf Link & Midna, KH Sora and Christmas in July Sora

I was a Custom Title ITP!
    Lucky "Guess the Number" quote:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Xykon_Fan View Post
    Great, Radikal fixed the dice...and by fixed, I mean "broke beyond repair and cheats irreparably."

30. - Top - End - #60
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

A beleaguered traveller walks in to the cantina and takes a seat near the gambling. It's always piqued his interest but he was never any good at it. So he watches closely, hoping to learn some new trick or strategy.

Hey, did you (pointing at Cult of the Raven) just switch out dice? Is that allowed?
    Want to meet some of the most awesome people on the internet? Come to the Baltimore/DC Area RenFest Meetup 2012!