New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Banned

Default Re: Mafia IV - Star Wars - DAY 5

Quote Originally Posted by evnafets View Post
    Its a constantly evolving circle of logic. You just have to think ahead of it, and hope that the other side doesn't think you're thinking ahead of it.

Heck Shadow, I'm surprised you lasted as long as you did.
    I know anytime I'm a "wolf" in these games you're one of the first people I want to get rid of. With two groups I was pretty certain you would have been hit WAY before this.
    Well screw you very much!
    I mean thank you very much!
    No, wait. I was right the first time.

I think the fact that I have spotty/non-existent internet access at the moment makes it so that I'm not much of a threat anyway, so that kinda explains why I was spared for a while.... maybe.

2. - Top - End - #242
    Barbarian in the Playground

BardGuy

It was a rough time in Mos Eisley... Han Solo had just been strung up by an enraged mob, and the Hutts hit Leia in the night...

Heading back to Clakdor VII with the next passing ship (back to home, bubbling swamps, and far fewer gangsters) was looking better every day: too bad the Imps still had the planet under quarantine.

In times like these, sometimes brave souls stood up to risk their lives in defense of their neighbors. Risky, that, as it often led to nighttime visitors... but if someone didn't step up soon, Mos Eisley would have a lot more graves...

It looked as though I'd misjudged that simple Bushranger droid... I'd figured him for a simple protocol model with the normal amount of nervousness that entails... Looks like he had some really good information on his hands though, and it pointed squarely at the Rodian, Dr. Bath.

Maybe this'd be enough to start a turnaround...
    "Chess, like love, like music, has the power to make men happy." --Siegbert Tarrasch

3. - Top - End - #243
    Bugbear in the Playground

The little Sith lady tries to force choke Eldritch Knight. She's only little though so it may not work

"What's in this empty box ?"
    "Youth and talent is no match for age and treachery."
    Mechwarrior by Elder Tsofu

4. - Top - End - #244
    Ogre in the Playground

The Rodian wanders back into the canteena after a night under the stars. He notices the angry looks he's receiving from the patrons.

<...What? I'm not a Hutt! Or an Imperial. For all you know, the so called 'seer' which you seem to believe could be one of Vader's droids! He could even be in contact with Jabba himself. It's a remote chance he is actually the famous 'R2D2', and if he's anything like that fool C3PO that he so resembles, he's probably got his circuit boards crossed. And anyway, he's tried to get me killed ever since I arrived, long before he could have 'processed my behavior'.

I'm not a Hutt. I can't prove it to you since I don't have any big links to power, but even if I could, would you believe me? No. Because you see the face of a Rodian and think 'don't they work for Jabba, like that Greedo fella?'. You're all thinking it. It's Speciephobia is what it is.
    >

After his rant, the Rodian scowls at the protocol droid and sits at the bar next to Eldritch Knight.

<When you prove me innocent. Make sure you make that droid into scrap metal> He motions to the barkeep to give him a Pan Galactic Gargle Blaster.

5. - Top - End - #245

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Bath View Post
    <[COLOR="Teal"]...What? I'm not a Hutt! Or an Imperial. For all you know, the so called 'seer' which you seem to believe could be one of Vader's droids! He could even be in contact with Jabba himself. It's a remote chance he is actually the famous 'R2D2', and if he's anything like that fool C3PO that he so resembles, he's probably got his circuit boards crossed. And anyway, he's tried to get me killed ever since I arrived, long before he could have 'processed my behavior'.
    Well, the quickest way to find out the truth is to lynch you. Unless you're either Luke or a Jedi (neither of which you've claimed so far), we don't stand much to lose here.
    It's unlikely that a Hutt/Imp would draw attention to himself by publicly claiming to be the seer and accusing someone of being a wolf. Especially given the fact that if he's wrong, we'll lynch him next.
    That'd be a pretty awful trade if you ask me.

Therefore the only logical choice is to kill Bath. This is the best lead we've got all game, so why should we settle for anything less?
    Spoiler
    Show

Sigatar by Crimmy

6. - Top - End - #246
    Ogre in the Playground

What if I did claim to be a role? I'd just get killed by one of the two gangs anyway, Bushranger would probably be the one baned by Luke. Bushranger could be pretty much anyone, Vader or Jabba could have approached him as a one of the other seers, so that they don't have to risk any other members of their group.

Also Bushranger has pointed at me every single round. Before anyone could make a scry. Just because he's being slightly more persistent and claims someone to be innocent, which has a very high probability of being correct, suddenly everyone believes him. It's only Bushranger's word against mine, I don't see why his is so much better than mine.

In terms of actions, there have been far more suspicious people around, such as Hero 1.0. Who as far as I have discerned has followed virtually every bandwagon so far, whilst still remaining off most peoples radar due to being a relatively new player in WW games.

7. - Top - End - #247
    Orc in the Playground

Don't get my "newness" into account. If you want to say something to me say it.
    I don't have evidence of YOU being all that innocent, and it doesn't look like it. Man, I didn't even point at you and now your naming me, which will cause heavy repercutions in the future I'm sure.
    And if I follow people's bandwagons is for a cause, for having more evidence against the accuse person. And if there was no evidence, I just chose randomly, like any other person.
    Oh geez, now I am into this argument too...

Awards:
    Spoiler
    Show

Formerly known as Hero 1.0

8. - Top - End - #248

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Bath View Post
    What if I did claim to be a role? I'd just get killed by one of the two gangs anyway,
    Which means we wouldn't waste a lynching opportunity.
    Which means the wolves would have to devote a night kill to achieve the same result.

So yes, there is definitely an advantage to revealing your role if the alternative is getting lynched.

Bushranger would probably be the one baned by Luke.
    Not if he's wrong, obviously.

Bushranger could be pretty much anyone, Vader or Jabba could have approached him as a one of the other seers, so that they don't have to risk any other members of their group.
    And he'd just have to give us their names then. We'd still lynch him, but as soon as he'd be dead and it turns out he's innocent, we'd still have killed a wolf. Trading a random innocent for a wolf is a good deal.
    Heck, even two-for-one deals are decent.

Also Bushranger has pointed at me every single round. Before anyone could make a scry. Just because he's being slightly more persistent and claims someone to be innocent,[ which has a very high probability of being correct, suddenly everyone believes him. It's only Bushranger's word against mine, I don't see why his is so much better than mine.
    His claim is a risky one. He claims to have scried you during both the first and second night phase, and both scries turned up the same result: you're a Hutt.
    So..
    - either Bushranger is telling the truth, and we kill a Hutt.
    - or Bushranger is lying, we lose a random innocent and then kill him tomorrow.

In a worst-case scenario, that's a 1-for-1 trade, which is an acceptable loss.
    Unless, like I said earlier, you're one of the remaining power roles (and there aren't much left now that Han and Leia are dead).

In terms of actions, there have been far more suspicious people around, such as Hero 1.0. Who as far as I have discerned has followed virtually every bandwagon so far, whilst still remaining off most peoples radar due to being a relatively new player in WW games.
    The real 'bandwagon joiner' award goes to crimsonmage actually, but hey, why bother with 'suspicions' when you can rely on leads that will lead to a wolf in just about 99% of the cases, regardless of who's lying and who isn't?

Look, we can go around and follow random bandwagons that are largely controlled by the mafia groups anyway, or follow the lead of someone who openly claims to be the seer.
    Seems like an obvious choice to me.
    Spoiler
    Show

Sigatar by Crimmy

9. - Top - End - #249
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Hero 1.0 View Post
    Don't get my "newness" into account. If you want to say something to me say it.
    And if I follow people's bandwagons is for a cause, for having more evidence against the accuse person. And if there was no evidence, I just chose randomly, like any other person.
    I was only using you as an example, in the, albeit few, other games I've played the Wolves managed to get get through the game unnoticed due to following bandwagons and being quiet. I'm not saying you are a wolf in this game, just that those are signs I've seen used to avoid detection, be it as a good or evil role.

Quote Originally Posted by Freshmeat_ View Post
    Which means we wouldn't waste a lynching opportunity.
    Which means the wolves would have to devote a night kill to achieve the same result.

So yes, there is definitely an advantage to revealing your role if the alternative is getting lynched.
    If I had one I probably would reveal it, since the last time I stayed quiet I got killed.

Not if he's wrong, obviously.
    The only way you could know if he was right or wrong would be to kill me, and then it wouldn't matter anyway.

And he'd just have to give us their names then. We'd still lynch him, but as soon as he'd be dead and it turns out he's innocent, we'd still have killed a wolf. Trading a random innocent for a wolf is a good deal.
    Heck, even two-for-one deals are decent.
    That's true. If you must, lynch me. It's just that I was enjoying the game so wanted to stay in a little longer. Ah! My selfish desires!

Look, we can go around and follow random bandwagons that are largely controlled by the mafia groups anyway, or follow the lead of someone who openly claims to be the seer.
    Seems like an obvious choice to me.
    Well it seems to me that either he is a seer with absolutely no regard for his own safety (and great faith in the baner) or someone being manipulated by a different faction, be it good or evil.

I'd rather you didn't lynch me really though.

10. - Top - End - #250
    Halfling in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Freshmeat where are you getting your information from?

I haven't had too much time to devote to this thread, but in a nutshell you seem to be saying

Bushmaster is claiming the role of r2d2/Seer
    Has scried Dr Bath (twice?!?) as a gangster

Maybe I missed something, but where did he say all this?
    Particularly the bit about scrying twice.
    By my understanding of a "Fool" role, if you attempt to investigate a target twice, you should get the same result. Otherwise it would be Waaaay too easy to determine which you were.

In the absence of any other decent leads, I'm going to see if this droid knows what its talking about. But if you're wrong droid, we'll be putting you up for scrap tomorrow.
    evnafets points at Dr Bath
    Check out past werewolf games at the Unofficial GiantITP werewolf archive
    Also wasting too much time playing Evony right now.
    I don't wanna be a llama or a duck or a wabbit.
    I wanna be a POODLE!

11. - Top - End - #251
    Troll in the Playground

<_<
    >_>

*dives for cover*

I didn't intend to have my cover so completely blown. My original point was at Dr. Bath strictly at random, because his character blew somebody's head off right away, so it was logical for the random point to be at him. If I am indeed the Seer, then I got lucky with that point when I got the results of that night's scry. If I'm the Fool, then y'all can happily lynch me.

Sorry for causing such a tempest. It was absolutely not my intention, especially not with someone I respect as much as Dr. Bath.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

12. - Top - End - #252

Well, might as well test out the Dr. Bath is Hutt theory, it's the quickest way to get this thing sorted out.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLaughingMan View Post
    He's Fleeing Coward. The man could be a cookie-baking, cancer-stricken orphan kitten and still look like a reasonable suspect.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramsus View Post
    I would advise people not to trust FC just on principle. Even if he's on your team, confirmed by the narrator.

13. - Top - End - #253
    Dwarf in the Playground

Day is about to end.
    "see the little angels rise up high, how do they rise up, rise up, how do they rise up high?"

14. - Top - End - #254
    Ogre in the Playground

what is thissssssss,i sense a bit of angersss between the clientsssssss.

Hey, you, don't leave me with my ideas Mr. Evnafetsssssss, please help me out!
    Last edited by Crimmy : Tomorrow at 26:72 DM.

Spoiler
    Show

Iron Avatarist has gone on hiatus. Give me your feedback, please
    Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #255
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: Mafia IV - Star Wars - Night 5

Fourteen Imperial All Terrain Scout Transports (AT-ST) painted in desert colors traipse through Mos Eisley each with ginormous stereo speakers blaring a singular message.

The message reverberates through the city, repeating over and over…

“Send us HWAA HUH the Princess HWAA HUH and the HWAA HUH blockade will HWAA HUH end. Send us HWAA HUH the Princess HWAA HUH and the HWAA HUH blockade will HWAA HUH end. Send us HWAA HUH the Princess HWAA HUH and the HWAA HUH blockade will HWAA HUH end. … “

The bartender nearly goes mad from the noise – especially as an errant AT-ST foot shatters one of the cantina walls. He grabs the first person he sees, and drags them to an imperial station to turn them in.

He walks up to several Imperial Agents guarding one of several hundred checkpoints in the town. An AT-ST is standing guard while the troops mill around it’s feet.

“Hey! I’ve got the princess!”

He no sooner makes that announcement when the AT-ST fires at him BEEW BEEW BEEW!

After a few moments of stunned silence – the bartender destroyed by anti-tank laser cannons while the hapless customer stands next to the smoldering remains – a hatch on the AT – ST opens up, the sounds of a party inside, and reggae music playing.

“Sorry, my bad! I have this terrible twitch reflex. Sorry!” and the hatch closes again.

Spoiler
    Show

Lord Magtok was autolynched. Magtok was a Rebel/Villager

The bar patron forces a smile at the remaining troops, and turns around to walk back to the bar. As he passes an alley way, he is grabbed….

“…Put this wig on him!...”

And immediately turned over to the next guard station as Princess Leia, where the guards take the rodian away for “questioning”.

They take the rodian inside an a containment center, and shoot him. Twice.

Spoiler
    Show

Dr. Bath was lynched. Dr. Bath was a Huttese Gangster.]

NIGHT 5 BEGINS NOW
    NIGHT 5 ENDS AT 8:00 CST (-6 GREENWICH MEAN TIME) TUESDAY DEC 18, 2007
    Last edited by Andre Fairchilde; 2007-12-17 at 09:44 PM.
    "see the little angels rise up high, how do they rise up, rise up, how do they rise up high?"

16. - Top - End - #256
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: Mafia IV - Star Wars - NIGHT 5

All inputs are in, post forthcoming as soon as I write the bloody bloody death scenes.

17. - Top - End - #257
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: Mafia IV - Star Wars - NIGHT 5

In orbit…

Haaawch. Pffffft. Haaawch. Pffffft.

“Droids? You mean to tell me that you cannot deal with a pair of lowly droids?

I want them destroyed. Now!”

Meanwhile on a slave barge cruising the sand dunes of Tatooine…

“Look… all I know is that Jabba said to use thermal detonators, LOTS of thermal detonators. At least I think he said ‘thermal detonators, LOTS of thermal detonators.’ It was either that or thermal daiquiris LOTS and lots of thermal daiquiris. Whatever, I just work here…"

A short time later…several Imperial Troopers are seen in a secluded docking bay somewhere in Mos Eisley spaceport. After several minutes, some Hutt gangsters slink in through the back.

“Did you bring the droids?”

“What droids? All we heard was ‘lots of daiquiris’, so here we are. We brought rum…”

“…what kind of rum?”

Later:

“Yeee’rrrre all swell! Ya know..ya know..ya know that? Swell! I don’t *hic* I don’t care what Jabba says. Those white outfits are…um..whatzit? Swell!”

“Yeah! And…why can’t we all be friends and rule the thingy, planet, without the..you know the word I’m looking for…big shots?

Spoiler
    Show

No night kills tonight.

Luke Skywalker protected someone from two attacks! What a jedi! Somehow, he managed to get both the Imperials and the Hutts to drink themselves into oblivion.

DAY 6 STARTS NOW!
    VOTING ENDS THURSDAY DEC 20 AT 9:00 CST OR -6 GMT

(In other words, 48 hours after this post).
    Last edited by Andre Fairchilde; 2007-12-18 at 08:27 PM.

18. - Top - End - #258

PaladinGuy

Default Re: Mafia IV - Star Wars - DAY 6

Woohoo! We got us one hot baner!
    I wanna be a POODLE!

19. - Top - End - #259
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

Nice work, baner dude.

I believe it's time to go back to the debate about who is more likely to be a bad guy, Eldritch Knight or me. Clearly I find that EK's a bit more suspicious to me than I am. Though I have to admit that evnafets has earned himself a spot on my radar as well, if only because he opted to point at me over EK the other day.

Decisions, decisions. I think this day I will not accuse Eldritch Knight of being involved in deadly tomfoolery hereabouts.
    Last edited by Zeb The Troll; 2007-12-20 at 01:54 AM.
    Want to meet some of the most awesome people on the internet? Come to the Baltimore/DC Area RenFest Meetup 2012!

20. - Top - End - #260

BardGuy

Even after several people had pointed at Dr. Bath, and Bushranger had gone to great lengths to try to convince people,Timberwolf still pointed at EK... Am I the only one who finds this slightly suspicious?
    Last edited by Shishnarfne; 2007-12-19 at 03:02 PM. Reason: Changed point
    "Chess, like love, like music, has the power to make men happy." --Siegbert Tarrasch

21. - Top - End - #261
    Dwarf in the Playground

Hmmm... Zeb seems to think that I am one of the bad guys. The only way I could prove my innocence 100% is postmortem. I think it is more likely that he is trying to get me eliminated before I become a threat. The only thing I've done which seems suspicious is point at Shadow over two consecutive days, correct? If you evaluate my past history with Shadow, this loses a great deal of its suspiciousness as he or I have always had a 'rivalry', I suppose you might say.

As such, I will point at Zeb as he seems set on eliminating me from the game, when I have proved a resourceful player in the past.

22. - Top - End - #262
    Troll in the Playground

B-RGR looks like he didn't have the best of nights, and doesn't actually say much of anything, at least for the moment. However he does agree that between Zeb and Eldrich Knight, if one of the two must go, it should be the latter.
    Last edited by The Bushranger; 2007-12-19 at 02:51 PM.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

23. - Top - End - #263
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

"The crimson mage you pointed aafter the big reveal and not at Bath. Why?"
    Last edited by Emperor Demonking; 2007-12-20 at 11:13 AM.

24. - Top - End - #264
    Ogre in the Playground

Iffff you're only asssssking why, let me tellsssss you that i didn't wantssssed to be autolynched, ssssso i just voted rondom, without readingssssss

but if you don't thinksssss it'sssss true, then i don't knowsssss how to convince youssssss, ain't that rightssssssss Mr. evnafetssssssss? Mr. Raissssser
    Last edited by Crimmy; 2007-12-19 at 04:07 PM.
    Last edited by Crimmy : Tomorrow at 26:72 DM.

Spoiler
    Show

Iron Avatarist has gone on hiatus. Give me your feedback, please
    Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #265
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Quote Originally Posted by The Bushranger View Post
    B-RGR looks like he didn't have the best of nights, and doesn't actually say much of anything, at least for the moment. However he does agree that between Zeb and Eldrich Knight, if one of the two must go, it should be the latter.
    Elel will look at the nice shiny man. Whatever B-RGR is saying about Eldrich Knight the ewok feels he can trust the shiny one.
    Last edited by Lizard Lord; 2007-12-19 at 02:12 PM.

26. - Top - End - #266

PaladinGuy

CrimsonMage - why are you looking at me? Emporer Demonking is the one who asked you the question.

The droid was right. Dr Bath WAS a gangster. Plus it looks like both the Hutts and the Imperials tried to deactivate him last night. Guess we won't be needing this then * powers down laser cutting assembly *

Getting a gangster yesterday means two of them are out of action. And three imperial scumbags so far. But no big bosses as of yet. Dr Bath was proven to be a gangster yesterday. He was pointing at EldritchKnight. Would he point at EK if he was a fellow gangster?

I think on the balance of probabilities that Dr Bath's point at EldritchKnight clears him of being a gangster. Yes, it might be a cunning plan on the part of the gangsters to have one of their own point at another, but I think that is less likely. He might still be an Imperial though...
    Maybe Bushmaster can scry EK to confirm this?

I think we want to focus on who WASN'T pointing at Dr Bath yesterday. They may have been trying to turn the vote.
    The most obvious one that strikes me is Pwenet. He has been voting day on- day off, keeping a low profile. Plus he pointed at EK.

That'll do for now
    evnafets points at Pwenet
    Last edited by evnafets; 2007-12-19 at 02:42 PM.
    I wanna be a POODLE!

27. - Top - End - #267

I guess it's time to steer this in a direction that's more likely to lead us to wolves. But first: introductions.

As a handful of you already know, I'm Luke Skywalker.
    I suspected for a few days already that both mafia groups were aware of my identity. The imperials attacked me not too long ago, and the Hutts probably scried me somewhere along the way. Yesterday night's events prove that theory.
    In any event, unless a wolf feels suicidal and actually wants to refute my claim, this means that - as of now - I'm the sole person who can be trusted 100%, having been attacked by both mafia groups already.

Now then... it's time to start a few bandwagons of our own - the kind that no mafia group can possibly derail without painfully exposing their own members in the process.
    I'm in contact with the masons, the seer and the fool right now - and probably two devil proxies (!) (posing as seers) as well. In other words, enough information to lead us straight to the real suspects.

And today, the finger of suspicion points towards Raiser Blade.
    Last edited by Freshmeat; 2007-12-19 at 04:54 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Sigatar by Crimmy

28. - Top - End - #268
    Troll in the Playground

B-RGR, hearing Luke's speech, raises a metallic finger at Ra1ser in agreement.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew

29. - Top - End - #269

This Dr.Bath was an Imperialist! Before I could ask him about the Falcon the security guards took him away. That was an very unfortunate event. But today I got a information from a guy on the street. He said he was sure that Raiser B1ade saw Chewbacca a month ago. I have to ask him about this. But where can I find him?
    Avatar by the great Lord Herman. Many, many thanks!
    Empress Catherine by Dr. Bath!
    Castaras made the PiratZarrrrr. Thank you very much!
    Special thanks to Banjo1985 for the Catstronomer.

Squid Bones: They exist!

Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #270

BardGuy

Well, if you think that Raiser B1ade is worth looking into, that seems fairly credible to me...