New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Bugbear in the Playground

Lord Fullbladder, Master of Goblins's Avatar

Default Re: Nexus of the Future I - Floating Dreams of Riches - Starts 12/15/2007

"By the Crab, this is what I've been talking about, boy!"

The old pseudo-religious figure Fin decreed to be a preacher, Fullbladder, lets out one more explosion of his dark humour as the president(?) walks away.

He then heads for the bar, still with that devious little twinkle in his eyes. As he crosses the threshold he lights another cigar.

"Well, let's say we gather up a huntin' party to find that li'l beasty, eh? We're all gonna die, might as well die with a harpoon in our hands."
    The above post sponsored by Fullbladder Manufacturing.
    And so begins the Age of Extinction! The Year of the Dinosaurs! And the Reign of the Predacons!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Avatar Credit: Kalirush, Lord Herman, Stoneburr, Simius Dr. Bath, Abardam, Fayt, Keris Rain, The Extinguisher, Qwernt, Kwarkpudding, Tiffanie Lirle, Djinn in Tonic, Coplantor, Crown of Thorns, and many more
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Festy View Post
    Fullbladder's awesome.

2. - Top - End - #92
    Barbarian in the Playground

BardGuy

Default Re: Nexus of the Future I - Floating Dreams of Riches - Starts 12/15/2007

A young, neatly trimmed man looks up from his chess set. He looks around nervously, "What? Aliens? How did this happen?" He turns to Dr. Bath and asks, "Would you care for a game of chess to calm the nerves?", nearly knocking over half the set with his jitters....
    "Chess, like love, like music, has the power to make men happy." --Siegbert Tarrasch

3. - Top - End - #93
    Firbolg in the Playground

The automated voice blares once more, "The Shop has run out of the following items: Personal Clone; Poison Tooth; The Machine and Head-inna-Jar. Hurry before the shop runs out of goods."

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by V'icternus View Post
    Why is it that you now scare me more than the possibility of nuclear war?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Bath View Post
    To compare [Curly] to the beauty of the changing seasons or timeless stars would be an understatement.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    But Koorly is the sweetest crime.

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!

4. - Top - End - #94

Monsieur Légume Pourri walks in just in time to witness the battle between Pwenet and Curlykitgirl. He takes a closer look with his monocle, adjusts his bowler hat, and then nods approvingly.

"Ah! Cabaret!" he says with a thick French accent.
    "Very chique."
    Spoiler
    Show

Sigatar by Crimmy

5. - Top - End - #95
    Ettin in the Playground

Coming on board with nothing but clothes on his back and a matching backpack, Rudy looks at the obviously loaded French man and darkly mutters to himself:

“Damn French parasites, taking good space on ship an acting like you own the place. I hope aliens get you soon enought.“

With that, he pulls a bottle of whisky out of his pocket and takes a big swing and jells to Frenchman:

“Hey Frenchy, be careful not to get anything from us normal folk! Like a fist in the face, for example!“
    Adrie, half elven bard. Drawing by Vulion, avatar by CheesePirate. Colored version by Callos_DeTerran. Thanks a lot, you guys.
    This place is not a place of honor…no highly esteemed deed is commemorated here… nothing valued is here.
    "There will come a day so dark you will pray for death. On that day your prayers will be answered."
    Book of shadows, book of night, wake the beast and banish light.

6. - Top - End - #96

"QUOI?! How rude!" Monsieur Légume Pourri says, his face clearly reddening with anger.
    "When the Rear Admiral is done with his performance I'll ask him personnellement to remove you from the upper decks. I thought this ship was named The Fl-... The Flo..."
    Monsieur Pourri stutters for a moment, scratches his nose, realizes he's making a fool of himself and then hastily adds: "Bon. What I meant to say was: this ship isn't named Les Misérables, so off with you, beggar."

"Incroyable..." the strange Frenchman mutters as he walks away, shaking his head. "Vraiment, incroyable..."
    Last edited by Freshmeat; 2007-12-15 at 01:16 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Sigatar by Crimmy

7. - Top - End - #97
    Ettin in the Playground

“Ohoho, you'd like that, wouldn't you now Frenchy?! Well let me tell you this! Try anything and you'll find yourself following our late captain out in the space faster than you can drink this fancy champagne of yours! The last thing I'll have it some French scum telling me where to go and what to do! Why, if it wasn't for the America back in the old days, France probably wouldn't exist as long as it did. We saved your ass in WW II, don't you forget that! Now go of and do... whatever you rich bastards do. Just looking at you makes me sick!“
    Adrie, half elven bard. Drawing by Vulion, avatar by CheesePirate. Colored version by Callos_DeTerran. Thanks a lot, you guys.
    This place is not a place of honor…no highly esteemed deed is commemorated here… nothing valued is here.
    "There will come a day so dark you will pray for death. On that day your prayers will be answered."

8. - Top - End - #98
    Dwarf in the Playground

Wakes up from the cryosleeping chamber thingy
    How long have I been asleep?...
    looks at the time and calender
    2 months!? God danggit! I missed my entire vacation!
    Looks out the window/See though thing
    Why are we in space...
    Mumbles as he goes through the door
    Awards
    Spoiler
    Show

Zombie Invasion
    I lived through the Invasion of the Zombies and all I got was this lousy signature thingie made by a lazy narrator. Go me!
    Nexus of the Future

9. - Top - End - #99

"Your pig-state knows nothing of the perils La France has been through!" the stubby Frenchman says, now clearly getting mad. "We 'Frenchies' may not have had the fancy guns, fancy tanks and fancy avions your country had back then, but our great nation has come a long ways since then. And we've always kept our dignity! Something I'd never expect a tick..., no wait... pick, pas non plus... chick?...
    Err... REDNECK!...Yes, I never expect a redneck like you to understand that!"

Monsieur Légume Pourri snorts and walks away, but turns around one last time.
    "But remember...", he says, while looking proudly at the crowd of onlookers and gesturing confidently like the great Napoleon certainly would have done in a very similar fashion.

When alien butts rear their ugly heads, we Frenchies will always be there to kick them!
    Last edited by Freshmeat; 2007-12-15 at 02:21 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Sigatar by Crimmy

10. - Top - End - #100
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shishnarfne View Post
    A young, neatly trimmed man looks up from his chess set. He looks around nervously, "What? Aliens? How did this happen?" He turns to Dr. Bath and asks, "Would you care for a game of chess to calm the nerves?", nearly knocking over half the set with his jitters....
    "Chess? CHESS?!" roars the slightly demented man, "You need to find the celestial Cetacea (whale) and the path to inner safety. Take this, it might help," the man, known as 'father' Bath, pulls a book out of his robe and gives it to Shishnarfne.

It is a ragged leather bound volume, which is covered in barely legible scribblings, although it appears that only half of it is actually finished.

"It's a good read." Father Bath nods and walks off to accost some of the other inhabitants of the ship, namely Emperor Demonking.
    Last edited by Dr. Bath; 2007-12-15 at 02:04 PM.

11. - Top - End - #101
    Ettin in the Playground

Flashing half crazy smile towards the French, Rudy yells at him:

“Dignity! He said DIGNITY! I laught at your dignity! Will it feed children when they are hungry? Will it provide warm clothes for them when they are freezing? NO; IT WON'T!! So take your dignity and shove it where the son doesn't shine, it isn't useful for anything else. And don't even get me started on your “great nation“! I'm rather a redneck than eat frogs, as you no-good-for-nothing bushwack do! Just be happy I don't have my gun on me, or you would now have two butt holes! Bah, why I'm still speaking to you, I feel dirtier just by doing it. Get out of my sight!“

Taking another wild swing from his bottle, Rudy walks away, by now cleary already a little drunk.

12. - Top - End - #102
    Ogre in the Playground

Dewy C. Howe wanders the halls of the ship once more, before stumbling on the grisly scene that lay before him. Trying not to be sick, he stumbled back to his room before emerging once more, armed with a new line of products to sell to those in need.

Barf bags! Get your 100% sanitary barf bags! Never be embarassed by hurling all over the floor again!
    He looks over at Fullbladder as he wanders by, and pounces on the potential customer.

Hey, interested in anything? Tee-shirts, coffee mugs, anything you want, you name it, I got it! Get your souvineers while they last!

13. - Top - End - #103

The automated voice says, "The following items are now out of stock: Scanner, Personal; Clone, Personal; Tooth, Poison; Machine, The; Head-inna-Jar and Force-inna-Box. All other stock is limited. If you wish to purchase a memento please hurry as stocks are running out fast. Have a nice day."

Spoiler
    Show
    To compare [Curly] to the beauty of the changing seasons or timeless stars would be an understatement.

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!

14. - Top - End - #104

Lord Fullbladder, Master of Goblins's Avatar

Fullbladder's cigar rolls to the other side of his mouth as he turns and looks, eyes slightly glassy, at Mr. Howe. (first day retaliation point, of course)

"D'ye have jelly from the eye of the Great Celestial Crab, grandam of all that is? Or one of the most ancient Radios, passed down from the gods themselves to heroes of old? How 'bout the Last Will an' Testament of good King Arthur, hmm? Have you any of these things, spiritual as they may be?

"We flee the cradle even as the bough breaks, and you, unhappy with survivin' another few days, find it necessary to peddle your wares to the lucky and unfortunate both? Well, to each his own."
    The above post sponsored by Fullbladder Manufacturing.
    And so begins the Age of Extinction! The Year of the Dinosaurs! And the Reign of the Predacons!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Avatar Credit: Kalirush, Lord Herman, Stoneburr, Simius Dr. Bath, Abardam, Fayt, Keris Rain, The Extinguisher, Qwernt, Kwarkpudding, Tiffanie Lirle, Djinn in Tonic, Coplantor, Crown of Thorns, and many more
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Festy View Post
    Fullbladder's awesome.

15. - Top - End - #105

Zar Peter is standing at the bar, raising a glass of vodka and talking to the barkeeper.

I always used to fly in this ship on holidays, you know. First class! VIP! And now? A refugee flight. Even here I have to see drunk people. Another Vodka, please. And they don't know how to behave. The smell is awful. Aw, I hope we will find our new planet soon. I can't stand this ship anymore.
    [whisper]Have you heard of this alien incident? I think this Mr. Draken was involved.[/whisper]
    Avatar by the great Lord Herman. Many, many thanks!
    Empress Catherine by Dr. Bath!
    Castaras made the PiratZarrrrr. Thank you very much!
    Special thanks to Banjo1985 for the Catstronomer.

Squid Bones: They exist!

Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #106
    Pixie in the Playground

Strolling through the halls of the ship, paying no mind to anything around, is sharply dressed fellow. "I say, just what is all this ruckus about? You there" *points at Keris Rain*"Explain!

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

17. - Top - End - #107
    Dwarf in the Playground

Vavaara wanders into the Dining Compartment where most everyone else has congregated and heads straight for the bar. Once there, she calls over the barkeep. "Hey, mistah, can I get some service here?" she calls. Getting his attention, she orders a tall glass of milk and a cookie and sits back, listening to the secretive and paranoid talking of those around her.
    Last edited by Vavaara; 2007-12-15 at 05:50 PM.
    Big thanks to Kwarkpudding for my Gladiator Tam Avatar!
    Spoiler
    Show

Avatars: Xssar, Mechafox, Andre_Fairechilde, Moi

18. - Top - End - #108
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zar Peter View Post
    Zar Peter is standing at the bar, raising a glass of vodka and talking to the barkeeper.

I always used to fly in this ship on holidays, you know. First class! VIP! And now? A refugee flight. Even here I have to see drunk people. Another Vodka, please. And they don't know how to behave. The smell is awful. Aw, I hope we will find our new planet soon. I can't stand this ship anymore.
    [whisper]Have you heard of this alien incident? I think this Mr. Draken was involved.[/whisper]
    What?! Preposterous! I tell you my good midget, I am no foul monster and I am sure you aren't either, but I hold my suspicions high against this Vavaara individual, yes, most definitelly something about that one doesn't smell good to me.

Draken takes a sniff in the air.

Or it might be my cat, not sure, but something definitelly smells odd.
    Last edited by Draken; 2007-12-16 at 02:30 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

19. - Top - End - #109

after several hours of showering, primping and preening, ranna decides that she is once again decent enough to venture out to the ship, feeling hungry she decides to chance upon the dining room for a light salad and a sparkling mineral water. Upon entering the scene her eyes widen

"oh gosh what on earth has happened here? this is disgusting how unclean, where's the cloth this needs a womans touch!"
    *runs off and hides*

My One And Only Trophy

20. - Top - End - #110

((**Grumble grumble** darn having to move cross country for the past two days, and missing the beginning of the game and not being able to buy a head in a jar **grumble grumble*))

That being said, I"m going to point at Ranna. People who don't use correct grammar and punctuation annoy me to no end. (What can I say, my Mom is a business/reading teacher)

This point is more or less at random.
    Last edited by purple gelatinous cube o' Doom; 2007-12-15 at 09:30 PM.
    Grinning Purple Gelatinous Cube avatar courtesy of Lord_Herman
    Attacking Cube courtesy of Sampi
    Current avatar courtesy of Rutskarn

My GiTP stuff
    Spoiler
    Show
    DM
    Currently none

Player
    currently none

Creations:
    Fimbulwight

I have my own RB thread right here.

Come and join in the newly minted Fictional Character Contest

21. - Top - End - #111
    Orc in the Playground

A mysterious man appears in the ship and sits at the cantina, there he says to Zar Peter " You are not very good at being silent, I must agree to your view, i think this guy Draken is involved".

((Sorry random point too))
    Last edited by Heroic; 2007-12-15 at 10:09 PM.

Awards:
    Spoiler
    Show

Formerly known as Hero 1.0

22. - Top - End - #112

A large silver robot appears on the ship from what looks like nowhere. He slowly makes his way over to the group, and starts to converse with the humans.

I think that EmporerDemonking was involved. Don't question the robot. The robot is always right.

With that he wanders off in a random direction.
    Last edited by Almighty Salmon; 2007-12-15 at 10:13 PM.

Awards
    Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #113
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Aemoh View Post
    "I say, just what is all this ruckus about? You there, explain!"
    "Explain?" A note of panic creeps into Keris's voice. "The rear Admiral is dead, there is an alien aboard, and everyone seems to have gone mad!"
    *Retaliation point at Aemoh*
    Last edited by Keris; 2007-12-15 at 10:28 PM.

24. - Top - End - #114

"Wait... n-note to self. The airlocks are bad...."
    MK hung around, watching the argument go on between several of the passengers of the ship, but it was treated merely as background noise. He was thinking.... thinking about the whole situation. About what to do, who to talk to... and decides that Dr. Bath may just be his best bet.

25. - Top - End - #115
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Draken View Post
    What?! Preposterous! I tell you my good midget, I am no foul monster and I am sure you aren't either, but I hold my suspicions high against this Vavaara individual, yes, most definitelly something about that one doesn't smell good to me.

Draken takes a sniff in the air.

Or it might be my cat, not sure, but something definitelly smells odd.
    Vavaara gets off of her stool and stands up to her full height of four feet and five inches and glares at Draken, who towers over her. "ME? You thinks I did that? Why, I oughta sic Mistah Bear on yah! Anyway, how do we know yous weren't involved innit? We don't even know if you REALLY own a cat!" With that, Vavaara climbed back on to her stool and resumed consuming what was left of her cookie and glass of milk, sneaking suspicious glances at Draken as she ate.

*Retaliation point at Draken*
    Big thanks to Kwarkpudding for my Gladiator Tam Avatar!
    Spoiler
    Show

Avatars: Xssar, Mechafox, Andre_Fairechilde, Moi

26. - Top - End - #116
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

"Shifnarfne we need all the doctors we can on this ship." Said Emperor Demonking drinking again. "We don't need religious zealots like Fullbladder"
    "Sorry just hear Bath is a religious zealot."
    "That Draken seems to inspire hate, I don't think that can get use we already have a hate figure."
    Last edited by Emperor Demonking; 2007-12-17 at 11:20 AM.

27. - Top - End - #117
    Troll in the Playground

((Huh, talk about blurring the IC/OOC line... ha-ha-ha))

A bleary-eyed youg fellow staggers into the light, coughing virulently. "Dey shed der be good dockterrs on that godsfersooked rock! Dey nebbah tol' mme 'twash godda ve rocked be rockshk!"

GAH! *cough-gag-choke-sneeze-gag-choke-cough* TZENGGG! 'CHOOO!

"YOU!" he points at Draken. "Saaa... CHOOO! you da one been making all daa noish!"
    Avatarcred: HELL YEAH to THE Oneris! Ma'am, thank you, ma'am.
    Previous Avatars: by Dr Bath, Strawberries, zimmerwald1915

28. - Top - End - #118
    Banned

Flumph

I point at Ranna. Clearly her lack of punctuation is because she is possesed.

29. - Top - End - #119
    Ettin in the Playground

“Not the children! Just what I needed! Beside that snooty french guy a sniveling little bastard. Get out of my way you little brat, go back to holding your momma skirt! What are you doing here all alone anyway?“

With that, Rudy starts shooin Vavaara away from him.

30. - Top - End - #120

Once more the automated voice all have come to recognise as The Shop Voice says, "The Shop has now run out of stock. I repeat, The Shop has now run out of stock. I have also been nominated by all other semi-sentient intercomumental voices and droids as the main announcer. Have a nice day aboard Nexus Ship Of Dreams.
    "As this is the first Day aboard the ship you will not be expected to return to your cabins until Tuesday, 5pm, EST."

((Day 1 ends Tuesday 5pm EST (Tuesday 9pm GMT for any Brits ) This is a special extension for Day 1 only.))

Spoiler
    Show

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!