New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 43 FirstFirst 12345678910111227 ... LastLast

Thread: Darklords

1. - Top - End - #31
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Darklords

Hiram

"I thought the expression went, 'Never wrestle with a pig,'" adds Hiram, happy to see that what ever ordeals Tamis had endured as of late, they had not cost her sense of humor.

"I suggest we save that for a later time, and somewhere more 'private'!"
    "You know of some place more private than here, do you?" asks Hiram dismissively. "The reason I'm using the guildmaster's time outlining a plan is because few know the target as well, and I doubt we'll meet like this again. So. Expose the flaws of my plan now when all that is at risk is my ego.

"I think we should be a little more forthcoming about our talents. Because our mission is so secret, we can't just hire out for abilities beyond our own. I don't want to agonize over a plan for hours only to have Sonny say, 'by the way, I can walk through walls.' Can you, by the way?"
    Hiram gestures to encompass both groups. "I understand the reticence. Our patron has been known to hire some rather unsavory characters." He offers a thin smile. "I think we can trust each other-- for betraying the group would mean betraying him, and while his minions are sometimes shady, they are seldom that flavor of stupid.

"It's hard to trust someone you don't know, so let's remedy that. We could meet socially and compare battle scars, or undertake a less delicate part of this mission and maybe earn some new ones. I favor the latter, and offer this: Lets capture a few priests of Loki. It plays on the previous idea of making the high priest-- priestess,"
    Hiram nods to Arha, giving her due credit for that bit of information, "believe she is our primary target. We get some information. We get some of those fabulous cloaks and holy symbols. And we get some practice working as a team."
    Last edited by Maurkov; 2008-01-22 at 06:48 PM.
    Business Trip 6/7 - 6/18. I'll try to keep up.
    Gwydr

2. - Top - End - #32
    Ogre in the Playground

Sharon

"Why don't you start, then? Share a little more about yourself and show a sign of trust."
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------

3. - Top - End - #33

Silme couldn't resist to inject a little humor into the situation. He said, smirking, "Why don't you start, then? Show a sign of trust and all that." By the time he was finished he was grinning from ear to ear.
    Thanks to Thormag for my Legion avatar.

Current Characters:

Lily Nightingale, a.k.a. Sparrow, in V for Victory (OoC)

4. - Top - End - #34
    Troll in the Playground

Kithas

"If you had listened to the conversation better, you would recognize that Guildmaster Vito proclaimed both Hiram and I to be priests. He of the church of Power, myself of the Nine Hells. While we have heard nothing of any of you, save that Ahra has been asleep for a very long time."

5. - Top - End - #35

Hiram

"It was my suggestion. Of course I will go first. I fight conservatively, and rarely draw my blade without some magical augmentation. I have little interest in ranged weapons. As a priest, my spell selection can vary wildly, and does. I choose my summonings ad hoc, but vermin and fiendish animals predominate. My latest trick:" He looks to guildmaster Vito for permission. Then he looks at Silme, copying his posture and grin. "Dissemble." His clothing, weaponry, and features flow until he is the warrior's double.

'Silme' looks at Sharon. "Your turn."
    Spoiler
    Show
    disguise - (1d20+15)[17]
    Edit: Well, near double. Darn RNG.
    Last edited by Maurkov; 2008-01-22 at 07:59 PM.
    Gwydr

6. - Top - End - #36
    Ogre in the Playground

Sharon

Biting off a retort at the dwarf, Sharon offers Hiram a smile. "As I already mentioned," she says with a glance at Kithas, emphasizing the words, "I can cause or see invisibility, allow people to fly with my spells, or control someone's mind. I also have an array of combat magics, focusing on offensive more than defensive, including fire, ice, and electricity style attacks. I rarely miss when it counts. I can cast a large number of spells over the course of a day as well, and I'm a reasonable shot with the crossbow. Satisfied? I'm reasonably persuasive at times as well, without the use of magic."
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam.

7. - Top - End - #37
    Troll in the Playground

Kithas

"My apologies then, I had not been paying as close attention to your words as I did the Guildmasters. I am Kithas, priest of Lord Asmodeous. My magics are normally those, sadly enough, of healing. I found that it keeps those around me standing between myself and the enemy. Since the remainder of our original set seems to have toughened up, I have switched more to spells that harm and kill in an instant, or inflict death only to have the enemy rise in my favor. I also command the Hellfires of my lord's wrath."

8. - Top - End - #38

Silme holds his arms out to his sides, turning around. He says, "What you see is what you get. See anything you like?" This last comment is directed at the two new women, more to antagonize than a serious attempt to hit on them. He had many flaws, but womanizing was not one of them, much as that probably would have helped him pass the time over the last few months.

Current Characters:

9. - Top - End - #39
    Troll in the Playground

Default Vito's Interjections

Old Vito scratches his chin rapidly when Hiram mentions hitting King Omar. "Ooo! Now don't go there yet! That fool at least maintains a little stability. And I know right where he is coming from for now. All in good time my wise friend."

Vito listens intently, looking at the ground and nodding. Letting the younger ones figure it all out. He looks up at ethereal talk, "Yes... that's another thing. He has guardians in the 'other' realms that protect him. Non-mortal ones. Or at least non-material beasts. As to escape you may need Tamis to track him. He's one with the shadows. That Loki taught him more than I could do with skill in the darkness. Heck, I got to the point I could jaunt across town just jumping into one shadow. That mad-man can travel time... or dimensions. Sometimes I think he's following me always. Right now I'm putting faith in the Nine Hells and the force of Power to keep this mission right. There must be some code... I don't really like to use the term... 'law'."

When Arha sees Kithas symbol, she will note that he follows Hell's supreme arch-devil, Asmodeus. Teamed with a rare priest of Power, and that can mean a lot of evil-power!

Vito III likes Hiram more and more with each passing moment, and any bit of lost old man that might have creeped in is gone when looking at Hiram. Old Vito was at least paying homage to the Brahmin in your presence, even if Kithas got the .... shorter-end of the stick. "Yes, yes, I will help as I can. My son lives across the kingdom. He runs the guild in Eastern Kandor. I am sure that the secret high temple of Loki is there. There are a few others, including one in the underground guild city. This one yer in under Galorine."

Vito III tries to reason with Kithas in his outburst, "Sharon is a great sorceress, and currently one of the most eligible bachelorettes in the empire. If I may say so. Which is surprising, since her family is not one usually spoken of in royal courts. It has been a long while since a jewel born so low, has risen to the cream of her crop. But, I like ones like this. Meritocracy. Brother Hiram, you'd agree with this philosophy?
    This one Sonny has literally died in the service of one faction of mine or another. I owe him more than gold.
    And Lady Arha has some scary friends, so best not piss her off either. These two ladies are here for your firepower."
    He gives Arha a brief glance, with his dark eyes. His eyes are for Sharon though, as he will find a moment to look her over at any chance, not caring at all at his old man's gleeful leer.

OOC- Vito III will excuse the group, but enjoys this planning stage with you, so the old man will keep you here for hours if need be. It might be the most 'fun' he's had in a long time.
    Last edited by BlueWizard; 2008-01-22 at 10:14 PM.

10. - Top - End - #40

Hiram

"Sharon, is your mind control a charm or a domination? Either could be useful in its way. And Arha, is Dimensional Anchor in your repertoire?"
    "What you see is what you get. See anything you like?"
    Seeing the ladies reactions, Hiram lets his visage return to normal. He quietly clears his throat and looks away.

"Ooo! Now don't go there yet! That fool at least maintains a little stability. And I know right where he is coming from for now. All in good time my wise friend."
    Hiram frowns. Opens his mouth to speak and closes it again. Then he realizes source of confusion. Seldom at a loss for words, still he stumbles. "Sir. I meant sending, um, man-whores. To destabilize their relationship."
    Last edited by Maurkov; 2008-01-23 at 12:55 AM.
    Gwydr

11. - Top - End - #41
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlackDragon

Tamis

"If he doesss passs to the ssshadowsss how good isss he there? I could follow him without being ssseen, but im thinking if he hasss friendssss or ssssee'sss me, thatsss the end."

12. - Top - End - #42
    Ogre in the Playground

Sharon

"Both, although the one is more limited in uses than the other."

13. - Top - End - #43

Sonny

When the people start to mention different priests of evil mojo, shadows, discussing spells, and whoring, he sighs.

Barely audible, he murmurs - Why can't this be like in the good old times? Just simply breaking bones... Oh well...
    Troubles in Athkatla, an FR game about schemings around an ancient curse
    The messengers, a game about finding allies in times of need

Sorry about the lack of posting lately. I usually try to post once a day, but if it's server downtime, I'm in trouble.

14. - Top - End - #44
    Ogre in the Playground

Sharon

The sorceress pats Sonny's arm sympathetically.

15. - Top - End - #45
    Troll in the Playground

Arha replies, "I am a Necromancer."

"In terms of doing this job? I haven't heard that much in it's favor. It would be highly dangerous and my goal is to stay alive until and after this baby is born."

"If there is sufficient reason, then we have two items and possibly one person that the son would love to have possession of. If possible, I'd rather lure him out from behind his protections, but I don't know how well that'd work, considering he prefers to remain out of sight. Another method would be for Sharon and I to go in as double agents and set it up from the inside, possibly with Sonny as our bodyguard. Both methods are very dangerous. We'll likely have to kill Lady Ibis as well and that is not something I really enjoy contemplating. Going in the obvious way, as several of you seem to think is the way it should be done, is likely to get us killed very quickly."
    Avi by Elder Tsofu
    Inner Circle

Quote Originally Posted by Vaynor View Post
    Well you cheat, obviously. You're a druid, you can just cast Control Weather and call it a day.
    Chainmaille, Chainmail or is it Chain Mail?

16. - Top - End - #46
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlackDragon

Tamis

"I don't know alot about Ibissss. But it sssseemsss that sssshe would be the eassssier of the two to be disssposssed off. Maybe killing her will bring him out into the open more."

17. - Top - End - #47

Sonny

The thug scratches his head.

May I ask currently which side are we on, master? It was getting really confusing recently, some of your guildleaders seem to have different ideas.

Sorry about the lack of posting lately. I usually try to post once a day, but if it's server downtime, I'm in trouble.

18. - Top - End - #48

Hiram

"Arha the Necromancer, while I do not doubt you can be persuasive, there are too many ways to ferret out a double agent. Whatever risk there is in springing an ambush, the risk increases a hundred fold when you put yourself in his power. Tell me more about these things you have that he wants. We will need to draw him out."
    Gwydr

19. - Top - End - #49
    Troll in the Playground

Default Vito's Side

Vito looks suddenly at Hiram. Serious and annoyed for a moment, but then bursts into a huge grin. "Sure! The King and my son love those... with the rest of their debauched lifestyles! Yes... you do what you think is right. I get old and paranoid."

He looks at Sonny, "Good question, son! I'm on MY side! Screw all these nobles. My grandfather was a merchant man... sort of... well, you might like to call him a pirate, but it doesn't matter, they think they are above us. I am not with the King of Zhe, nor am I for the empress. I think we can have a people's revolution start. Let them pick the leader. I was placing one of my last living grand-daughters in charge over there. Though, with that evil empress using her more powerful wizard army in full force, we got our arms full. Right now, I have a truce on Zhe... that is the King of Zhe and his rightful kidnapped son. Princess Nerise's husband, I think some of you may have met her. As to Ibis and the other debauched nobles, they're likely in league with my son. My son is going all over to pull in power favors, so you be careful. You're now dealing with the emperor. His wife runs the show, and she'll burn you good alright."

20. - Top - End - #50

Sonny

Thanks, Master. I just worried we might confront someone we shouldn't. - answers the thug. - As for Ibis, she knows us already, and I suppose our actions near Nerise City were also noticed by her, and most likely, all of the noble gang. The only thing they don't know about us, that we are here.
    Last edited by amanodel; 2008-01-24 at 12:13 PM.

21. - Top - End - #51

Hiram

"I'm jealous. While we were slaughtering gnomes in caves, it sounds like you got to rub elbows with some very interesting people.

"As for who we may have to insult or crush in the execution of our mission, the answer is many. Many powers are invested in Vito IV; some as a gamble, others as a hedge. Our task is a secret one, however, so such insults will remain anonymous. Unless you screw up."
    Gwydr

22. - Top - End - #52
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlackDragon

Tamis

"Well im getting bored now.

Sssso do we have a plan? Or are we going to pick off his ssssupportersss till he comess out to play himssself?"

23. - Top - End - #53
    Ogre in the Playground

Sharon

"If we're going to work together, it would help to know what you look like," Sharon says to Tamis, gesturing to the deep hood.

24. - Top - End - #54
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlackDragon

Tamis

"Ssso be it. I mussst warn you to brace yourssself and not to be too alarmed at the sssight."

Giving the new three a moment to collect themselves as well as motioning to her old friends that they should as well, she pulls back the hood.

Underneath you see the graceful elegance of an elf. A female one and one who is fairly good looking ((16 CHA currently))

Yet there is something wrong, where the light touches the skin you can see it plainly but where there is a shadow cast across her she seems to fade back into it. Now noticing this the gazes that travel the rest of her body are met with this same thing. If your looking directly at her you can see her and where it would be in the shadows but when you look away and look back, she has faded again.

Pulling her cowl back over her head she says

"I presssume that, that will not be necessssary. Again. Ever. But now you underssstand how I can track him accrossss the plane of sssshadow i sssupossse"

25. - Top - End - #55
    Troll in the Playground

Kithas

"That has to be..." Kithas says slowly, considering his words. the most interesting conversion I have ever seen. Would you mind if I asked you a few questions later, Tamis? Nothing too personal, but I am very intrigued."

26. - Top - End - #56
    Ogre in the Playground

Sharon

The sorceress laughs. "That isn't nearly enough to be even slightly alarming. Not after what I've been through. Go through a few squid-god temples, and not much gets to you after that." She looks to the guildmaster. "Is your son in Megna currently, then?"

27. - Top - End - #57

Sonny

Looking at the elf, Sonny scratches his head again. He remains just as calm as Sharon next to him.

Just be careful with that shadow thingie, girl. It can turn really awkward.

Sonny has a different view of shadows than the vast majority of the thugs. He debates wether to tell his own experience with the materialness dark existence, but he decides not to speak about that, not to sound so eager-beaver.

But you can put your hood down when in between us, if you'd like to. To the three of us, it's kinda usual. We've been to a lof of places between 'rubbing elbows?'. And perhaps even the preachers of the Nine Hells present in the room wouldn't be shocked in terror.

Sonny winks playfully at Tamis, and green flames cover his winking eye for half a moment. Probably no other than the elf girl saw this.

28. - Top - End - #58
    Troll in the Playground

Kithas

Smiling oddly, Kithas nods. "I wouldn't be shocked by much, unless you suddenly declared yourself a follower of Pelor or one of his ilk."

29. - Top - End - #59
    Troll in the Playground

Arha has very little reaction to Tamis' look. She turns back to her natural look, red hair, green eyes and pale skin, "I've already been offered a position in Megna with Lady Ibis. I was planning to introduce Sharon to her one day. I've had many lucrative opportunities in Megna because of Lady Ibis. This doesn't mean I'm unwilling to kill her, it simply means I'm waiting to see if there is an option that seems like it will actually work. If and when I reappear in Megna, she will no doubt be notified and she'll be very curious."

"As for the items...One is already in our possession, the other is possibly in our possession. Both are powerful artifacts and many people are very anxious to get their hands on them. It may draw him out, but I doubt he would come alone. He doesn't seem the type to leave his allies at home."

She turns to the guildmaster, "Would we have to travel overland to get to where your son is? I hesitate to undertake a long journey at this time. I will only become more pregnant in the next 4 months and it will begin to impede my ability to move quickly."
    Avi by Elder Tsofu
    Inner Circle

Quote Originally Posted by Vaynor View Post
    Well you cheat, obviously. You're a druid, you can just cast Control Weather and call it a day.
    Chainmaille, Chainmail or is it Chain Mail?

30. - Top - End - #60

Silme looks at Tamis with mild interest, then says, "After the last bit of news we had, this isn't all that shocking. To be frank, the news of my father's sword is the first thing to shock me in a decade."

Current Characters: