New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 43 FirstFirst 1234567891011121328 ... LastLast

Thread: Darklords

1. - Top - End - #61
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Darklords

Hiram

Hiram studies Tamis. "Why did you let them do this to you?"

To Arha he says, "We don't have to kill Ibis if you don't want to. We just have to keep her away from the body until we can sequester the soul. You still haven't explained what you don't like about the plan. I'd like to know so that I may devise a better one."
    Business Trip 6/7 - 6/18. I'll try to keep up.
    Gwydr

2. - Top - End - #62
    Troll in the Playground

Arha feels like she's about to lose her temper, she isn't the most patient pregnant woman and just as she got rid of Olania and her damned ribbons, she gains these people. She turns to Sharon with a 'You deal with them, I simply don't have the patience', kind of look.
    Avi by Elder Tsofu
    Inner Circle

Quote Originally Posted by Vaynor View Post
    Well you cheat, obviously. You're a druid, you can just cast Control Weather and call it a day.
    Chainmaille, Chainmail or is it Chain Mail?

3. - Top - End - #63
    Ogre in the Playground

Sharon

"Your plan is too complicated," Sharon says again, speaking up for her friend. "And it chooses a number of extra targets and involves far more people than just the seven of us. Do you really want to try trusting a series of whores and hirelings for something so important? In addition, you don't seem willing to accept that we have connections that will be of benefit, either in luring him out, or setting us up on the inside to pave the way for you. Which makes it appear you don't trust us. Seems strange, doesn't it? Choosing to trust random hirelings over those the guildmaster specifically requested you work with. Arha presented you with two options that you could use to build a plan off of. We can try to lure him out, or we can try to work from the inside. Why not pick one, and build your plan off of it?"
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------

4. - Top - End - #64

Hiram

Hiram is the soul of patience. "You misunderstand. I have outlined how to kill him once he is exposed. I count on you to draw him out."

"As to the complexity, I didn't choose elements at random. Each is to circumvent likely defenses. We would simplify at our own risk. Any hirelings we use would be for misdirection only. I would hire them untraceably and would certainly not inform them of our mission. They cost us nothing and may grant an edge."

"As I stated, I don't like the idea of you becoming double agents. If anything went wrong, we wouldn't know it. So I take it you will use your connections, your trinkets, and your obvious charms to draw him out. What can I do to help?"
    Gwydr

5. - Top - End - #65

Sonny

Lady ibis knows us well, and had put trust in us. She even asked us to try to find Nerise and her husband. They are most likely dead, but noone knows for sure. If we bring informations, our intetns will be undetectable, and I'm sure that any news we will bring would cause some chaos we could use.

Elaborate planning is good, but I have some experience, and it never works.

He combs his hair with fingers. There are a lot of grey, silvery strokes in it, much more his age would indicate. He looks like he's in his late thirties, judging by his appereance.

Master, do you have some information about Nerise? Also, I would suggest leaving this trinket here. I've heard Jadis is very interested in this item, and that would draw way too much attention and fireballs upon us. I am the proof that one cannot keep an artifact for an extended period of time when amongst such great forces.

Sonny shamefully lookos at the floor, thinking on the loss of an artifact. Sharon and Arha remember the broken mirror of Freya. Even Sonny gave it to the Asgardian church back, he kept a fragment, and made an amulet out of it, which he wears around his neck. Kithas probably doesn't notice the nonmagical necklace, and even if he did, it's impossible to know it's origin without a vast knowledge on Asgardian churches.
    Last edited by amanodel; 2008-01-25 at 02:26 PM.
    Troubles in Athkatla, an FR game about schemings around an ancient curse
    The messengers, a game about finding allies in times of need

Sorry about the lack of posting lately. I usually try to post once a day, but if it's server downtime, I'm in trouble.

6. - Top - End - #66
    Troll in the Playground

Default Killing Nobles

Vito looks to Hiram seriously, "You wiping out that Tinker Gnome Factory was very important. They had AND have major plans to combat our slave-trade here in Kandor. I thank you for you actions there."

When Tamis shows herself, Vito's eyes give a little glimpse of surprise, and mutters something about, needing to speak with his wizards.

Vito shakes his head in response to Sharon's question, "No, my son is here in Galorine. Right now. Though he moves around a lot. His main mansion is in the East of Kandor."

OOC- Megna is a city in distant Kingdom of Zhe. Galorine is here in Kandor.

Vito looks at Arha's 'condition', and nods, "Let me get the wizards on this. I'll make sure they do something about that. At least maybe they can talk to someone."

Vito sniffs in annoyance when Ibis is mentioned as looking for Nerise and her brother, "Don't think about that act. Lady Ibis is just looking for a way to gain power. Her brother was her only friend over there in Zhe. She needed him to gain power. As to Lady Nerise, she is in the King of Kandor's Seraglio. Part of his 'Daughter's-of-Maura' collection. I am sure for the right price you can spend a night with her." He is amused, and seems to care little for the fate of this good noble.

"As to leaving your trinkets here, I'll gladly look after them. But, I don't know of what use mighty artifacts are collecting dust. If they break... well, the gods used them for their purpose I guess. If you want, I'll purchase them from you..." He says with a toothy charming smile.

7. - Top - End - #67

Silme reluctantly speaks up, "I agree with Sharon. We should try to keep the plan as simple as possible. Get some general all-purpose escape prevention equipment and spells. We could pitch in some money for scrolls of antimagic to prevent any magical escape, and I assure you that I could handle him once his spells were stripped away."
    Thanks to Thormag for my Legion avatar.

Current Characters:

Lily Nightingale, a.k.a. Sparrow, in V for Victory (OoC)

8. - Top - End - #68
    Ogre in the Playground

Sharon

"Thank you, Silme. I can dispel most anything that might be active. And, no offense, guildmaster, but I'd prefer we keep our trinkets with us. Having him here will make things immensely easier."
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam.

9. - Top - End - #69

Hiram

"It was my pleasure guildmaster. It is important to swat down those who would upset the order of things."

He gives the others a few minutes to talk about spells and tactics before offering any more opinions.
    Last edited by Maurkov; 2008-01-26 at 12:46 AM.
    Gwydr

10. - Top - End - #70
    Troll in the Playground

Default Tired Old Guildmaster

Those who aren't aware, will be reminded that they have a suite in the underworld. A little apartment guarded by the guildmaster's wizards.

Vito looks tired, and ready to move on. He is a busy man, but welcomes you back should you choose to leave for now. He will send an agent to give you any info, and updates that he can provide. And he'll summon this man to officially introduce him now if you want. This agent will not be part of this 'assassination' plan, but merely relaying info, in whatever form is needed. VIto thinks it best that he has nothing to do with this, and is in fact not even telling his own assassin guild.

11. - Top - End - #71

Sonny

Noticing that their master is tired, Sonny steps back, and follows the summoned man.

We'll get back to this planning tomorrow morning; we don't want to annoy our master with the petty details, and our misundersandings.

Sonny bows before Vito and follows the agent out of the master's chamber.

Sorry about the lack of posting lately. I usually try to post once a day, but if it's server downtime, I'm in trouble.

12. - Top - End - #72
    Troll in the Playground

Arha nods agreement with Sonny, "I am tired as well, and could use a rest." She follows Sonny out of the room.
    Avi by Elder Tsofu
    Inner Circle

Well you cheat, obviously. You're a druid, you can just cast Control Weather and call it a day.

13. - Top - End - #73
    Ogre in the Playground

Sharon

"Perhaps it's better if we do pick this up in the morning. But I don't think we should delay too long. Still, it's been a very long day for the three of us."

14. - Top - End - #74
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlackDragon

Tamis

"Very well sssee you all in the morning.

Ssstill I'm not all that bothered whichh we do."

With this she will pull the cowl back up about her head stride out and slip into the shadows vanishing from view.

15. - Top - End - #75

Silme nods his agreement, then leaves the room to retire to his quarters.
    Thanks to Thormag for my Legion avatar.

Current Characters:

Lily Nightingale, a.k.a. Sparrow, in V for Victory (OoC)

16. - Top - End - #76

Hiram

"Very well. Choose your spells carefully. Tomorrow could be the day."
    Gwydr

17. - Top - End - #77
    Troll in the Playground

Default Afternoon with the Guildmaster

Vito looks forward to your morning meeting, and will give you run of a nearby guildhouse, which can act as a private meeting hall for your group. Vito can't guarantee privacy there, but he tries to keep his wizards' eyes on it.

OOC- For now I will allow your PCs to go about their business...

18. - Top - End - #78
    Ogre in the Playground

Sharon

Once the group disbands for the evening, Sharon (and presumably Arha, but I won't speak for her) joins Sonny in his room. "Let's get this chest open, shall we?"

19. - Top - End - #79

Sonny

Very Well. - replies the thug, and places the chest on the floor. He inspects if there are any elaborate locks or traps on it, and then proceeds to open it.

Search - (1d20+12)[19]
    DisableDevice - (1d20+9)[20]
    OpenLock - (1d20+14)[18]

20. - Top - End - #80
    Troll in the Playground

Arha is most certainly there. She followed Sonny out of the room. Although she would prefer to cast Detect Magic on the trunk and check the trunk itself for magic.
    Avi by Elder Tsofu
    Inner Circle

21. - Top - End - #81
    Troll in the Playground

Default Moving on in Galorine

The former artifact hunters will adjoin to Sonny's room and secretly open their chest.

The rest of you go about your business...

Tamis has a brief encounter in the shadows....

22. - Top - End - #82
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlackDragon

So what do we do from now :D?

If nothing Tamis may get bored and randomly kill things

23. - Top - End - #83

We spend the morning planning our errand.

Ideally Vito III's network of spies can relay news of a public appearance of Vito IV, such as at a restaurant, brothel, or theater. We get there and go to work.

If the spies fail us, we can try to create an opportunity via social engineering, or we attack his primary residence. I really don't want to try that last one.
    Last edited by Maurkov; 2008-01-28 at 12:08 PM.
    Gwydr

24. - Top - End - #84
    Ogre in the Playground

Sharon will make a quick stop through the guild markets before meeting with everyone. (Still 10% discount off of DMG prices, Blue?)
    Last edited by DarkLadyOfTheSith; 2008-01-28 at 12:17 PM.

25. - Top - End - #85

Hiram (Blue, let me know if I'm jumping the gun.)

In the morning, Hiram invites the others to his quarters.

"I was up late worrying about operational security. Assuming neither of you," he address Arha and Sharon, "have prepared Detect Scrying, I will now look for magical sensors, and I invite any of you to do the same. When we are ready to deploy, I would like to use Status to keep track of our movements. Do the ladies use Message?"

Hiram casts and then carefully examines the room.

"Now then, I would like to use the guildmaster's spy apparatus to locate the target for us in some public place. I'm not sure how to ask without revealing more about our mission than I want them to know. I would like to know how the target travels about the city. We might ambush him as he returns to his mansion."

"Who has put more thought into the tactical execution of our mission?"

Spoiler
    Show
    Detect Magic.
    Gwydr

26. - Top - End - #86
    Troll in the Playground

Arha

"The target rarely goes out in public. He prefers to stay behind his protections."
    Avi by Elder Tsofu
    Inner Circle

27. - Top - End - #87

Hiram

Hiram looks at Arha for a moment. "Uh-huh. Anything else?"
    Gwydr

28. - Top - End - #88
    Troll in the Playground

Arha

"If you can possibly wait til I'm rid of this extra baggage..... Then I and Sharon can go out and be seen in the city, work around to meeting up with him, it shouldn't be that hard for Sharon to get noticed...."
    Avi by Elder Tsofu
    Inner Circle

29. - Top - End - #89
    Ogre in the Playground

Sharon

"We could start laying the groundwork now. I could take a stroll or two around town. Perhaps Hiram or Silme would be willing to accompany me. Get some notice. Appearing a few days later with Arha in tow would certainly make Vito four take notice. Could be a way to get in his presence with little to no fuss."

30. - Top - End - #90

Hiram

"If you can possibly wait til I'm rid of this extra baggage"
    "Do you mean months from now, or are you going to let the guildmaster's wizards 'take care of it' for you?"
    Last edited by Maurkov; 2008-01-29 at 12:17 AM.
    Gwydr