New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 89101112131415161718
  1. - Top - End - #511
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Default Re: (IC IV) San Francisco by Night: A Requiem in Fog

Julian shrugs, "I assume then we'll want to check out the loading bay first then, if that's the way we expect them to come in. We'll want to lure them a little further into building from that entrance, and seal it off behind them. I suppose if we can find a narrow spot to make your explosives pay off, all the better... assuming you still want to detonate explosives inside The Elysium."

Gabe nods his head at this, but of course his eyes go to Anna and Karl for final say.
    Spoiler: Games I am Currently Running
    Show
    San Francisco by Night (Vampire the Requiem 2E)

New Bedford by Night (Werewolf the Forsaken 2E)

New Orleans by Night (Changeling the Lost 2E)

2. - Top - End - #512
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Bennosuke View Post
    Julian shrugs, "I assume then we'll want to check out the loading bay first then, if that's the way we expect them to come in. We'll want to lure them a little further into building from that entrance, and seal it off behind them. I suppose if we can find a narrow spot to make your explosives pay off, all the better... assuming you still want to detonate explosives inside The Elysium."

Gabe nods his head at this, but of course his eyes go to Anna and Karl for final say.
    "We should head out there and start getting set up, but I'm pretty sure that place hasn't been Elysium since the ex-Prince tried to burn everyone alive and blow up his chopper," Anna said, "should we confirm it with Tony?"
    TC for short

"I like the sense of chaos this game provides. OOC, I like that I cannot know every available avenue, but that I can pursue whatever avenue I so choose. IC, I like that what I am doing has consequences. It's very very real." --Noedig

3. - Top - End - #513
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

The the group fully assembled, unless anyone has anything else to discuss, the gathered Kindred trickle back to their cars to head to the Opera House.

At this point, Karl and Anna have not stopped at their haven to pick up their equipment, which I recommend doing.

For the player characters, please summarize whatever steps you take before departing for the Opera House and detail where you are parking and how you are going to sneak in your armory. I may require an appropriate stealth roll depending on what action you are taking and what Disciplines you are using.
    Show

4. - Top - End - #514
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Thundercracker View Post
    "We should head out there and start getting set up, but I'm pretty sure that place hasn't been Elysium since the ex-Prince tried to burn everyone alive and blow up his chopper," Anna said, "should we confirm it with Tony?"
    Rachel would also like to know that. 'Technically I'd say we would be breaking the rules just outside the border but it's not an argument I'd be comfortable making in front of the Prince.'

5. - Top - End - #515
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

"Technically we'll only be breaking Elysium if Nova makes an attempt to murder the Prince within it. And that's an argument I AM willing to make before him. In a sense this location is a trial for her."
    "No man is an island, entire of itself, every man is a piece of the continent, a part of the main... Any man's death diminishes me because I am involved in mankind, and therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls, it tolls for thee." -John Donne-
    Guides, tables, and other useful tools for 5E D&D

6. - Top - End - #516
    Titan in the Playground

As the group broke up, Anna headed to the haven to pick up supplies, like extra kevlar vests for their allies, and also a drone they could use to watch from above. On the way, she gave Daniel a call.

"Hey, just wanted to check in. Are you up to anything tonight? Or just staying in?" Anna asked. She wanted to get an idea of whether Daniel would be anywhere near the vicinity of the Opera House.
    TC for short

"I like the sense of chaos this game provides. OOC, I like that I cannot know every available avenue, but that I can pursue whatever avenue I so choose. IC, I like that what I am doing has consequences. It's very very real." --Noedig

7. - Top - End - #517
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Daishain View Post
    "Technically we'll only be breaking Elysium if Nova makes an attempt to murder the Prince within it. And that's an argument I AM willing to make before him. In a sense this location is a trial for her."
    'Then I am happy to take your word for it.'

Rachel doesn't have many preparations she needs to make. She's fairly sure only Victor knows about Lucy, and her Kindred contacts are honestly in a better position to take care of themselves then Rachel is. She does intend to find a large, possibly armed, man to dominate at some point before the ambush, but that could wait for the moment.

She'll go to her car where she could have some privacy and reach out to Thomas Greenlief on Pulse. 'Got a minute.' Thomas was at least someone in the Carthians who might be willing to talk to her, but with her luck at the moment there was every chance he was already working closely with Nova.

8. - Top - End - #518
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

It takes less than two rings for Daniel's phone to pick up. "Anna?" he says with surprise and excitement, "Oh hey! What's up? It's been a bit!" He sighs before replying to Anna's question. "Not much. Why, were you... hoping to meet up?" There was hesitance in the man's voice, but also something eager.

(OOC: Let me know if you want to RP getting back to the haven separately. Probably will need to interact with Frank and lock down the haven?)

It rings and rings, before Greenfield finally picks up. The man's voice is flat, carrying the affect of someone who is busy or maybe just not interested. When he picks up he says, "Hey Rachel. Sure. What's up?"
    Show

9. - Top - End - #519
    Ettin in the Playground

It rings and rings, before Greenfield finally picks up. The man's voice is flat, carrying the affect of someone who is busy or maybe just not interested. When he picks up he says, "Hey Rachel. Sure. What's up?"
    'This isn't personal business otherwise I wouldn't waste your time. Given the way things are going Mother wanted some of us in the circle to reach out to anyone in your group who might be willing to answer the phone.' She didn't particularly want to invoke Mother Blackstar's name in case it got back to her but the lie didn't work as well otherwise. 'How do you feel about the Lancea in San Francisco? Or does that even need to be asked?'

10. - Top - End - #520
    Titan in the Playground

It takes less than two rings for Daniel's phone to pick up. "Anna?" he says with surprise and excitement, "Oh hey! What's up? It's been a bit!" He sighs before replying to Anna's question. "Not much. Why, were you... hoping to meet up?" There was hesitance in the man's voice, but also something eager.

(OOC: Let me know if you want to RP getting back to the haven separately. Probably will need to interact with Frank and lock down the haven?)

Anna Wu

"Hey yeah, sorry, been busy. I've been meaning to catch up, but not tonight, still busy, you know, but I have a few minutes so just checking in I guess," Anna replied, "how've you been? What's new and exciting? How's Ariel?"
    TC for short

11. - Top - End - #521
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

'This isn't personal business otherwise I wouldn't waste your time. Given the way things are going Mother wanted some of us in the circle to reach out to anyone in your group who might be willing to answer the phone.' She didn't particularly want to invoke Mother Blackstar's name in case it got back to her but the lie didn't work as well otherwise. 'How do you feel about the Lancea in San Francisco? Or does that even need to be asked?'
    "The Judges," Greenlief asks, using a rather pejorative term for The Spear, "I'd say their claim to the Mission is tenuous at best, and they generally think their corpse stench smells of roses... but I can't say I have problems with any individual member of the Covenant." There is a hesitancy in his voice, or maybe just a measured self restraint typical of one well versed in Kindred politics. He pauses for a moment before asking, "Why?"

"Oh, good to hear from you too," Daniel replies, his voice a mix of poorly restrained emotions. He chuckles then says, "Ariel's out at the moment. But things are good!" Was he trying to convince himself of that, "We've actually started talking dates of the wedding and all. Haven't been able to come to a decision, but you know, I guess we're really gonna make it happen!"
    Show

12. - Top - End - #522
    Ettin in the Playground

"The Judges," Greenlief asks, using a rather pejorative term for The Spear, "I'd say their claim to the Mission is tenuous at best, and they generally think their corpse stench smells of roses... but I can't say I have problems with any individual member of the Covenant." There is a hesitancy in his voice, or maybe just a measured self restraint typical of one well versed in Kindred politics. He pauses for a moment before asking, "Why?"
    'Because, in spite of everything, sometimes we can come together for our mutual benefit.' At least he didn't seem completely unwilling. 'Which in this case might include helping the Cartheans get what they want at the Lancea's expense. I'm not going to commit anyone to anything of course, but with the Prince gone for the moment perhaps we could consider getting the right people in a room together to see if we can work something out.'

Spoiler: ooc
    Show

Manipulation 3 + Subterfuge 3 + Misdirection specialty 1
    (7d10)[5][2][2][1][2][2][4](18)
    Any 10s
    (7d10)[10][9][4][3][8][10][3](47)

Wp used for no successes in the ooc

13. - Top - End - #523
    Titan in the Playground

"Oh, good to hear from you too," Daniel replies, his voice a mix of poorly restrained emotions. He chuckles then says, "Ariel's out at the moment. But things are good!" Was he trying to convince himself of that, "We've actually started talking dates of the wedding and all. Haven't been able to come to a decision, but you know, I guess we're really gonna make it happen!"
    "Wow, that's so... crazy," Anna said. Part of her wanted to murder Ariel, but then Daniel would be latching on to her again and if they were in close proximity for any real length of time, he was sure to pick up on her nature.

"This is for the best, really," she thought.

"So what kind of planning have you done so far? Is it as 'exciting' as the movies make it out to be?" she asked.
    TC for short

14. - Top - End - #524
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Thomas pauses before replying, and when he does his voice is filled with hesitation. "I suppose," he says, "but what exactly are you thinking?"

(OOC: I feel like the dice rollers have been terrible lately. That brings Rachel to 3/6 WP)

Daniel chuckles, though there is nothing pleasant in his laughter. He responds, "Eh, more like expensive and stressful." He pauses for a moment before adding, "... But I'm sure it will all be worth it in the end, right?"
    Show

15. - Top - End - #525
    Titan in the Playground

Thomas pauses before replying, and when he does his voice is filled with hesitation. "I suppose," he says, "but what exactly are you thinking?"

(OOC: I feel like the dice rollers have been terrible lately. That brings Rachel to 3/6 WP)

Daniel chuckles, though there is nothing pleasant in his laughter. He responds, "Eh, more like expensive and stressful." He pauses for a moment before adding, "... But I'm sure it will all be worth it in the end, right?"
    Anna laughed.
    "You're asking the wrong girl!" she said, "why, what does your gut tell you?"
    TC for short

16. - Top - End - #526
    Ettin in the Playground

'Well that depends on what other people are up to at the moment. Are you in contact with Nova or anyone around her at the moment?'

17. - Top - End - #527
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Daniel pauses a moment before replying. He takes a big sigh, then says quickly, "I don't know." This is punctuated by another big mortal breath in and out. "I mean, it kind of feels like it's a little soon, you know," He adds, pausing again before continuing, "I mean, don't get me wrong... I want to and all. But... oh I don't know. I mean, a lot of guys feel this way, right?" Daniel's voice was spilling over with emotion; crackling with frustration, rippling with fear, popping with embarrassment. Then sharply Daniel says, "I'm sorry. I shouldn't be unloading on you like this. It's totally not fair."

Greenlief chuckles mirthfully. "Is anyone really in contact with Nova? She's a hard one, if you know what I mean." The man's voice is still stoney and guarded. He pauses for a moment then asks, "So what is it you're getting at Rachel?"
    Show

18. - Top - End - #528
    Ettin in the Playground

Greenlief chuckles mirthfully. "Is anyone really in contact with Nova? She's a hard one, if you know what I mean." The man's voice is still stoney and guarded. He pauses for a moment then asks, "So what is it you're getting at Rachel?"
    'Perhaps.' Rachel conceded. 'But I'm sure she has people in the Cartheans that she's close to. It's not like anyone can make it to Sheriff without allies, and maybe one of them might be more willing to talk.' Rachel will get to the point. 'If the rumours about what Nova might be planning are true it's felt in the Circle that Nova might be willing to consider other business with the Lancea when she's done. If things don't work out for Nova or none of her people want to talk to the Circle then I can't say we didn't try.'

19. - Top - End - #529
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

"Eh, Nova's not the easiest to get along with, even for a Rabble," Thomas Greenlief replies flatly, "and becoming Sheriff didn't really do her any extra favors." He pauses for a moment before adding, "The fact that she made it to Sheriff without many allies... other than her pack of ghouls, is a testament to just how god damn scary Nova is." He sighs, a rather mortal affectation, that is meant to show impatience. "Wanna come out and tell me what it is you're after Rachel? No offense, but it sounds like you're looking to ask me for a favor."
    Show

20. - Top - End - #530
    Ettin in the Playground

**** it. 'You ever known honesty in anything to be rewarded Thomas?' Rachel asks somewhat rhetorically. 'But how about this then. Do you have the contact details of anyone who might be close to Nova, and if you do what might I need to do for you in return?'

21. - Top - End - #531
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Karl decides to leave coordinating people to the others and work on the ambush site. After a quick stop at the haven to pick up gear, he heads for the opera house.

Leaving the car in the nearest parking area, Karl sticks to the shadows as he approaches the fire damaged building. First things first, he needed to assess the building's layout, and find out how the damage changed it, especially in regards to access points...
    "No man is an island, entire of itself, every man is a piece of the continent, a part of the main... Any man's death diminishes me because I am involved in mankind, and therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls, it tolls for thee." -John Donne-
    Guides, tables, and other useful tools for 5E D&D

22. - Top - End - #532
    Titan in the Playground

Daniel pauses a moment before replying. He takes a big sigh, then says quickly, "I don't know." This is punctuated by another big mortal breath in and out. "I mean, it kind of feels like it's a little soon, you know," He adds, pausing again before continuing, "I mean, don't get me wrong... I want to and all. But... oh I don't know. I mean, a lot of guys feel this way, right?" Daniel's voice was spilling over with emotion; crackling with frustration, rippling with fear, popping with embarrassment. Then sharply Daniel says, "I'm sorry. I shouldn't be unloading on you like this. It's totally not fair."

"Yeah..." Anna replied, "I mean... you're the one who asked her, right? You bought the ring and everything? Then again, I guess it's better to think about this now than after you sign the paperwork... have you hit any red flags? How does she treat her parents?"
    TC for short

23. - Top - End - #533
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

**** it. 'You ever known honesty in anything to be rewarded Thomas?' Rachel asks somewhat rhetorically. 'But how about this then. Do you have the contact details of anyone who might be close to Nova, and if you do what might I need to do for you in return?'
    The question causes Greenlief to chuckle. He pauses for a moment before replying though. "I suppose," he says slowly, "though I guess it all depends on what you mean by close. And ****, if I know where this is going, I think I'm gonna ask for a Minor Boon. AND, you gotta swear to leave me out of all of this, once I help." He pauses again, and when he speaks, again is clearly measuring his words, "But to be clear... you're looking to... get her gone, right? I suppose it matters in terms of who I send your way."

(OOC: Increasing the cost due to the failed roll earlier)

Karl makes a quick stop at the haven to pick up gear. Attempting to spend as little time there, and making no further efforts. He avoids much interaction with Fred, who can probably tell something is up.

About twenty minutes later he's parked out by the Opera House. By now, much of the fire damage to the exterior has been repaired, though there is one strip of the towering stone building that still has gaffing up for repairs. The exterior is surrounded by black chain-link along all sides but the front. It looks like there's no major change to access points. He does identify a pull up in the back of the building, where large swinging doors in the fence can open in to allow a car or small hauler to roll up to what looks like a large service elevator. There is one small door on the side of the building with nondescript sign reading "Boiler". Otherwise the only way in or out is through the large main entrance.

Daniel replies with a noncommittal "yeah yeah" to the question about if he proposed, and it's clear there might be more to it than that. But his reply becomes more emphatic when Anna starts asking about red flags. "What? No! No red flags! Ariel's great! She is great with her parents too," he replies sincerely, though he adds, "I mean, for an American... if you know what I mean. And she's met mine and all. They aren't thrilled with a white girl, but like, we can make that work." Daniel pauses again, sighs, and apologizes. "I'm sorry. I didn't mean to have a conversation like this. I'm sure it's not really fair to you."
    Show

24. - Top - End - #534
    Ettin in the Playground

The question causes Greenlief to chuckle. He pauses for a moment before replying though. "I suppose," he says slowly, "though I guess it all depends on what you mean by close. And ****, if I know where this is going, I think I'm gonna ask for a Minor Boon. AND, you gotta swear to leave me out of all of this, once I help." He pauses again, and when he speaks, again is clearly measuring his words, "But to be clear... you're looking to... get her gone, right? I suppose it matters in terms of who I send your way."
    'Lets say close enough that they might be involved with anything that Nova might be planning, or at the very least aware of it.' On the boon, 'Assuming I'm still alive I'll be happy to help you with whatever business you want. I do seem to be in demand at the moment, but I'll try to make time for you. Leaving your name out of anything I might be doing goes without saying.'

She would prefer not to confirm or deny anything she might be doing with Thomas' information, but since he asked. 'On the other thing, I'm just a go-between. Because of that there are things I can't really speak to about anything that might be going on while the Prince is out of town, but I'm sure you can read between the lines.'

25. - Top - End - #535
    Titan in the Playground

(OOC: Increasing the cost due to the failed roll earlier)

Karl makes a quick stop at the haven to pick up gear. Attempting to spend as little time there, and making no further efforts. He avoids much interaction with Fred, who can probably tell something is up.

About twenty minutes later he's parked out by the Opera House. By now, much of the fire damage to the exterior has been repaired, though there is one strip of the towering stone building that still has gaffing up for repairs. The exterior is surrounded by black chain-link along all sides but the front. It looks like there's no major change to access points. He does identify a pull up in the back of the building, where large swinging doors in the fence can open in to allow a car or small hauler to roll up to what looks like a large service elevator. There is one small door on the side of the building with nondescript sign reading "Boiler". Otherwise the only way in or out is through the large main entrance.

Daniel replies with a noncommittal "yeah yeah" to the question about if he proposed, and it's clear there might be more to it than that. But his reply becomes more emphatic when Anna starts asking about red flags. "What? No! No red flags! Ariel's great! She is great with her parents too," he replies sincerely, though he adds, "I mean, for an American... if you know what I mean. And she's met mine and all. They aren't thrilled with a white girl, but like, we can make that work." Daniel pauses again, sighs, and apologizes. "I'm sorry. I didn't mean to have a conversation like this. I'm sure it's not really fair to you."
    "Well you know what they say, she doesn't have to be perfect, just someone you can tolerate for the rest of your life," Anna said, and then she laughed, "whatever you decide to do, I've got your back. I just wanted to call and check in and make sure everything's good. Does she care that we still talk?"
    TC for short