New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: (IC IV) San Francisco by Night: A Requiem in Fog

Anna Wu

"I would never presume to ask, not until we knew one another better. The favor would be to you, to track down any subjects who might escape from Oakland into San Fran," Anna said, "but as you mentioned, it's getting close to dawn, and we should all be on our way."

She turned off the recording and exchanged contact details with Fort.

"I wish we had met under better circumstances," Anna said sincerely, "Is there anything else to mention, off the record?"

Assuming there's nothing, and Karl has finished staking Saul, she'll send a message to the others: "You all get Saul to Tony, I need to hunt. Now."

Anna will use obfuscate to depart the property and walk towards the Rack, but keep her eyes open for any kine who happened to be alone. She fully intended to maintain her invisibility while feeding this time, as she was now desperate for blood.
    Last edited by Thundercracker; 2023-09-11 at 06:12 AM.
    TC for short

"I like the sense of chaos this game provides. OOC, I like that I cannot know every available avenue, but that I can pursue whatever avenue I so choose. IC, I like that what I am doing has consequences. It's very very real." --Noedig

2. - Top - End - #242
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

With an internal sigh at the fact that the Prince seemed willing to protect his ghoul after all, Rachel will choose to help Billy to his feet. To the Prince, 'My apologies sir.' Her Beast was angry at being challenged but she is used to dealing with Elders. Now she doesn't have the ghoul to bully Rachel just looks impassive. She could understand the impulse to be furious at someone for touching their property.
    The Prince allows him a slight smirk at Rachel's deference, and curtly nods his head, now again refusing to look in her direction.

I would never presume to ask, not until we knew one another better. The favor would be to you, to track down any subjects who might escape from Oakland into San Fran," Anna said, "but as you mentioned, it's getting close to dawn, and we should all be on our way."
    The Prince shrugs. "I don't... tightly regulate the Kindred of my city like that. Oakland is a Republic. As long as they pledge their allegiance to the city, my citizens are allowed to come and go as they please," he says dispassionately adding, "but thank you. If there is anyone whom I need detained escaping my city, I will be sure to speak with your Prince as I have in the past."

"I wish we had met under better circumstances," Anna said sincerely, "Is there anything else to mention, off the record?"
    The Prince shakes his head in the negative, still refusing to make eye contact, but he will say, "No. But I hope Saul is not too much trouble." He looks down at the torpid corpse one more time, before reaching down to his Ghoul and offering the man a hand up. By now the cut is almost fully healed across his face. "Unless there is anything else?"

(OOC: Happy to end the scene here. I think this can also be a chance for beats. In regards to Anna hunting, there is very minimal time to hunt before sunrise. This isn't to say she can't attempt it, but it will be at a significant penalty, especially if she is hoping to get to her haven before sunrise. Can discuss in the OOC or discord further.)
    Spoiler: Games I am Currently Running
    Show
    San Francisco by Night (Vampire the Requiem 2E)

New Bedford by Night (Werewolf the Forsaken 2E)

New Orleans by Night (Changeling the Lost 2E)

3. - Top - End - #243
    Titan in the Playground

Anna Wu

“A republic. That’s very interesting,” Anna said. It was something she would have to look into further.

“I will convey your concerns regarding Saul to D’agnostino,” Anna said, “if you’ll excuse us, we need to prepare him for transport.”

If Karl has not yet managed to stake Saul, Anna will help him, then recover her sword. She sends the audio file to Tony, and also two messages: “we will bring Saul to you. Was a busy evening, have blood/herd prepared please, very thirsty. Saul is down because he refused request to come peacefully.”
    “Reggie Fort expressed wishes that Saul is not dealt with too harshly.”
    Last edited by Thundercracker; 2023-09-12 at 10:15 PM.
    TC for short

"I like the sense of chaos this game provides. OOC, I like that I cannot know every available avenue, but that I can pursue whatever avenue I so choose. IC, I like that what I am doing has consequences. It's very very real." --Noedig

4. - Top - End - #244
    Ettin in the Playground

Rachel smirks at the idea that Oakland was a Republic. Presumably Fort was still just as firmly in charge of his territory as any other Prince. Calling it a Republic was branding.

She will assist the others with Saul.

5. - Top - End - #245
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Unimpeded, Reggie Fort gathers his ghoul and quickly leaves the premises, leaving through the kitchen and out into the yard through which the group came.

Karl is able able stake the torpid body without help if he so chooses.

Moments later the sound of a car engine comes from the garage by the alley, and The Prince of Oakland is gone.

Rather than a reply text, Anna's phone begins to ring; the screen simply displaying "Unidentified number".
    Show

6. - Top - End - #246
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Bennosuke View Post
    Unimpeded, Reggie Fort gathers his ghoul and quickly leaves the premises, leaving through the kitchen and out into the yard through which the group came.

Karl is able able stake the torpid body without help if he so chooses.

Moments later the sound of a car engine comes from the garage by the alley, and The Prince of Oakland is gone.

Rather than a reply text, Anna's phone begins to ring; the screen simply displaying "Unidentified number".
    Anna picks up the call.

“Yes,” she said.
    TC for short

7. - Top - End - #247
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Tony's voice is a guitar string stretched to almost snapping. "Anna, what the hell is happening?" he says; it's less of a question and more of a curse, "tell me exactly what happened? Christ, it's almost dawn! Fort is gone?" Each question tumbles out as his voice stretches louder and and more strained. "Because it sounds to me that the Prince of Oakland helped orchestrate a series of attacks in our city! Agh, tell me you are somewhere private!"
    Show

8. - Top - End - #248
    Titan in the Playground

Tony's voice is a guitar string stretched to almost snapping. "Anna, what the hell is happening?" he says; it's less of a question and more of a curse, "tell me exactly what happened? Christ, it's almost dawn! Fort is gone?" Each question tumbles out as his voice stretches louder and and more strained. "Because it sounds to me that the Prince of Oakland helped orchestrate a series of attacks in our city! Agh, tell me you are somewhere private!"
    “We’re at Saul’s haven. He’s staked and we’re going to bring him to you now,” Anna replied, “Fort is gone. It does seem like he conspired with Carthians here to launch a series of attacks, yes, though of course he denied everything. It’s important that we question Saul and get him in record to find out who else was involved…. If that means dominating him or blood bonding him to someone I think we should do it.

…Tony, I need blood, can you arrange that to be waiting for me when we get there?”
    Last edited by Thundercracker; 2023-09-13 at 09:23 PM.
    TC for short

9. - Top - End - #249
    Ettin in the Playground

Overhearing some of this, Rachel will ask 'Problem?' in Anna's direction. She'll wait for the conversation to finish.

10. - Top - End - #250
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

(OOC: Can we assume this is on speaker phone so that the other PCs can participate?)

“We’re at Saul’s haven. He’s staked and we’re going to bring him to you now,” Anna replied, “Fort is gone. It does seem like he conspired with Carthians here to launch a series of attacks, yes, though of course he denied everything. It’s important that we question Saul and get him in record to find out who else was involved…. If that means dominating him or blood bonding him to someone I think we should do it.
    There is a pause where you can almost hear Tony's stressed and tired brain thinking. He was right, the sun was almost up and the tempurature had seemed to already rise inside Saul's haven by a good fifteen degrees since they first broke in. Finally he says, "Fine, bring him over here, if you think you can make it in time. Hurry! We can deal with waking him and interrogating him tomorrow." Tony seems to growl into the phone and mutters something about how this was going to mess even more up with The Carthians.

But when Anna brings up her need to feed, something in the tone of Tony's voice changes. "I can make sure there's someone to feed on when you get here," he says, something low and almost hungry in his voice, "but it is going to cost you. The vessels here are all my Sire's and he wouldn't just approve of someone else suckling on his herd, even in a situation like this." Tony pauses for a moment, but before Anna can get a word in, he says, "It will cost you a minor boon. And no killing the vessel."
    Show

11. - Top - End - #251
    Ettin in the Playground

Rachel will interject at the end. She had recognised the look of hunger in Anna but normally considered it none of her business to interfere with another Kindred's hunting. To Anna, 'If we had more time I'd offer to help you out.' She leaves the point that she wouldn't charge anything for doing so unsaid. 'As it is I may have to leave you here unless you have a place for me to sleep?'

12. - Top - End - #252
    Titan in the Playground

(OOC: Can we assume this is on speaker phone so that the other PCs can participate?)

There is a pause where you can almost hear Tony's stressed and tired brain thinking. He was right, the sun was almost up and the tempurature had seemed to already rise inside Saul's haven by a good fifteen degrees since they first broke in. Finally he says, "Fine, bring him over here, if you think you can make it in time. Hurry! We can deal with waking him and interrogating him tomorrow." Tony seems to growl into the phone and mutters something about how this was going to mess even more up with The Carthians.

But when Anna brings up her need to feed, something in the tone of Tony's voice changes. "I can make sure there's someone to feed on when you get here," he says, something low and almost hungry in his voice, "but it is going to cost you. The vessels here are all my Sire's and he wouldn't just approve of someone else suckling on his herd, even in a situation like this." Tony pauses for a moment, but before Anna can get a word in, he says, "It will cost you a minor boon. And no killing the vessel."
    Anna motioned Rachel nearer so she could hear through the earpiece.
    "What do you mean mess even more up?" Anna asked, "have you spoken to Bobby at all?"
    TC for short

13. - Top - End - #253
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

The Prince's childe lets out an all too mortal sigh and replies, "Look. It's probably better to discuss this in person. Get here and bring Saul and we can debrief. Your haven is still in Seacliff, right? We'll be able to finish everything, and you'll be able to get home before the sun if you hurry."
    Show

14. - Top - End - #254
    Titan in the Playground

The Prince's childe lets out an all too mortal sigh and replies, "Look. It's probably better to discuss this in person. Get here and bring Saul and we can debrief. Your haven is still in Seacliff, right? We'll be able to finish everything, and you'll be able to get home before the sun if you hurry."
    “Bringing Saul right now this close to dawn will cost a minor boon,” Anna said, “how about an offset.”
    TC for short

15. - Top - End - #255
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

"I... what?" D'Agostino's voice comes through with a mix of confusion and anger, "you know I speak for The Prince of the city right now!"

(OOC: Give me at Presence + Persuasion/Intimidation -3 roll please)
    Show

16. - Top - End - #256
    Ettin in the Playground

Rachel just looks amused at Anna trying to get something out of this. Given the time it was only fair.

17. - Top - End - #257
    Titan in the Playground

"I... what?" D'Agostino's voice comes through with a mix of confusion and anger, "you know I speak for The Prince of the city right now!"

(OOC: Give me at Presence + Persuasion/Intimidation -3 roll please)
    "Tony, if I don't feed right now, there's a chance I'm not waking up in ten hours," Anna said, "as the Prince's voice, after everything I've done tonight, put off previous engagements, fought off a betrayal by the Sheriff, wiped out the ghouls who attacked the Spear _and_ covered it up for the kine, uncovered this Carthian plot, subdued Saul before he fled, and faced down Reggie ******* Fort, I'm _asking_ for an offset, so I can deliver Saul to you now."

Spoiler
    Show

Presence + Persuasion: (2d10)[9][8](17)
    10 again: (2d10)[4][2](6)
    Last edited by Thundercracker; 2023-09-16 at 07:18 PM.
    TC for short

18. - Top - End - #258
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

"****ing fine!" Tony screams, his voice giving out as he finishes, that metal string finally snapping, "It's offset, whatever! Just get over here." With that, The Prince's childe hangs up on the group.

(OOC: Two successes. Nice)
    Show

19. - Top - End - #259
    Ettin in the Playground

'Good work. He seems a little out of his depth doesn't he.'

20. - Top - End - #260
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Haval View Post
    'Good work. He seems a little out of his depth doesn't he.'
    “Let’s go,” Anna said, “I’m starving.”
    TC for short

21. - Top - End - #261
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Victor pulls his phone out of his pocket and checks the time. "Uh, do you need me to stay with you," he asks, discomfort bordering on anxiety legible on his face, "It will be hard for me to get to my haven in time for dawn... unless you are gonna let me crash at your place?" He makes eye contact with Rachel and nods his head, as if to say, "what are you gonna do?"
    Show

22. - Top - End - #262
    Titan in the Playground

Victor pulls his phone out of his pocket and checks the time. "Uh, do you need me to stay with you," he asks, discomfort bordering on anxiety legible on his face, "It will be hard for me to get to my haven in time for dawn... unless you are gonna let me crash at your place?" He makes eye contact with Rachel and nods his head, as if to say, "what are you gonna do?"
    “No, do what you need to do,” Anna said, “we’ll catch up tomorrow. Thank you for tonight.”
    TC for short

23. - Top - End - #263
    Ettin in the Playground

Rachel meets Victor's eyes and shrugs before replying. 'I think that's my cue to go as well then, but I would appreciate being kept in the loop. Even if I assume that Tony has nothing against me personally.'

24. - Top - End - #264
    Titan in the Playground

Anna Wu

"I mean, unless you _want_ to crash at our place," Anna added, "it's up to you."
    TC for short

25. - Top - End - #265
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Thundercracker View Post
    Anna Wu

"I mean, unless you _want_ to crash at our place," Anna added, "it's up to you."
    'Perhaps that would be better.'

26. - Top - End - #266
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Victor takes one last glance down at the torpid body of Saul and with a shiver says, "Well, get home safely. See you tomorrow I guess?" Following any discussion of the following evening's plans, he will let himself out of Saul's haven, letting himself out through the back.

When Anna offers to let Rachel stay with them, Gabe will give his Sire an uncomfortable glare, but knows better than to say anything.

Assuming little further discussion ensues (OOC: just trying to move things forward, but feel free to timewarp further conversation if desired), the group regather at the car; likely exiting through the back as well to minimize drawing attention to themselves. By now it's a little after 5AM. Though the sky is still mostly dark, the skin of the Kindred pricks with the tingling awareness of the rising sun; an unnatural sensation of a growing heat imperceptible to any mortal. Though it is still dark out, the city is starting to wake up; the rare kine passes them on the street, out for an early workout, or getting on the road to beat traffic. Fortunately a little extension of Obfuscate helps keep eyes off of Saul's "dead" body. Once in their car, the coterie drives cross the city as the sky turns from a near starless black, slowly to an ever lightening navy.

The group make good time, arriving in the Seacliff neighborhood with little traffic. Still the sky is almost a dark indigo by the time they pull up to Tony's haven. At the gate, they are greeted by a pair of tired looking Ghouls, who state that the master, is awaiting them, and quickly aid them in carrying Saul through the garden. The doors open to a familiar and luxurious entranceway where Tony is anxiously standing, heavy bags under his eyes. "What took you so long?" he mutters, though the question is clearly rhetorical. He waves them inside in a hurried motion, and says "Alright, one more time from the top tell me everything, and tell me quickly!"

(OOC: Feel free to be brief or handwave the summary of the night)
    Show

27. - Top - End - #267
    Titan in the Playground

Victor takes one last glance down at the torpid body of Saul and with a shiver says, "Well, get home safely. See you tomorrow I guess?" Following any discussion of the following evening's plans, he will let himself out of Saul's haven, letting himself out through the back.

When Anna offers to let Rachel stay with them, Gabe will give his Sire an uncomfortable glare, but knows better than to say anything.

Assuming little further discussion ensues (OOC: just trying to move things forward, but feel free to timewarp further conversation if desired), the group regather at the car; likely exiting through the back as well to minimize drawing attention to themselves. By now it's a little after 5AM. Though the sky is still mostly dark, the skin of the Kindred pricks with the tingling awareness of the rising sun; an unnatural sensation of a growing heat imperceptible to any mortal. Though it is still dark out, the city is starting to wake up; the rare kine passes them on the street, out for an early workout, or getting on the road to beat traffic. Fortunately a little extension of Obfuscate helps keep eyes off of Saul's "dead" body. Once in their car, the coterie drives cross the city as the sky turns from a near starless black, slowly to an ever lightening navy.

The group make good time, arriving in the Seacliff neighborhood with little traffic. Still the sky is almost a dark indigo by the time they pull up to Tony's haven. At the gate, they are greeted by a pair of tired looking Ghouls, who state that the master, is awaiting them, and quickly aid them in carrying Saul through the garden. The doors open to a familiar and luxurious entranceway where Tony is anxiously standing, heavy bags under his eyes. "What took you so long?" he mutters, though the question is clearly rhetorical. He waves them inside in a hurried motion, and says "Alright, one more time from the top tell me everything, and tell me quickly!"

(OOC: Feel free to be brief or handwave the summary of the night)
    “Need blood first, or I’m going to drain Saul and that won’t be good for anyone,” Anna said.

She started with the attack by Murat, then moved on to the highlights of the evening.
    “I was already exhausted by that point, and didn’t want to risk starting a war trying to take Reggie in,” Anna said, “we’ve got to get Saul’s testimony on everyone who was involved.”
    TC for short

28. - Top - End - #268
    Ettin in the Playground

'Does Reggie Fort have a history of interfering in San Francisco?' Rachel asked.

29. - Top - End - #269
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Haval View Post
    'Does Reggie Fort have a history of interfering in San Francisco?' Rachel asked.
    “He bankrolls and provides political support for Bobby Hutton,” Anna replied, “though I don’t recall anything like this… then again, I haven’t been around all that long. I find it hard to believe Bobby is involved though. I mean he’s already Primogen, he’s got a lot to lose if it goes wrong.”

She looked to Karl.

Edit: Anna sent a message to Saul’s phone: you should have agreed to come in for questioning. My advice at this point is to be honest and come clean.
    Last edited by Thundercracker; 2023-09-19 at 10:05 PM.
    TC for short

30. - Top - End - #270
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

"We suggested that Fort meet us later to give his side of the story, which he'll no doubt lie about, but he could also give us useful information if prompted. I think there's little doubt he's behind everything that's happened, but under the circumstances it might be better to let that slide for now in favor of getting our fires put out."
    "No man is an island, entire of itself, every man is a piece of the continent, a part of the main... Any man's death diminishes me because I am involved in mankind, and therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls, it tolls for thee." -John Donne-
    Guides, tables, and other useful tools for 5E D&D