New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 39 of 51 FirstFirst ... 14293031323334353637383940414243444546474849 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,170 of 1513
  1. - Top - End - #1141
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: Cataclysm (AD&D Ravenloft -> PF1 Conversion) INC Thread

Fishing a small vial from her pockets, Akla approaches the injured man. "Here-drink this and it will help with your injury."

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Offering a Cure Light Wounds vial.

(1d8+5)[9] if the man accepts.
    I have a LOT of Homebrew!

Spoiler: Former Avatars
    Show
    Spoiler: Avatar (Not In Use) By Linkele
    Show

Spoiler: Individual Avatar Pics
    Show

2. - Top - End - #1142
    Bugbear in the Playground

Grey - HP: 43\43 - Conditions: Dazzled - Active Effects: None

---------------

When Grey sees one of the locals running towards them with a sword in hand, the shadowy man rests one hand on the dagger he carries; then, Grey scoffs "Another lawman seeking help. Guess I'll have a career cut out for me if I ever return to Neverwinter." he says, mildly annoyed. But as soon as he has finished the sentence, Grey puts a smile on his face and speaks again in Kartakassesse "Lead the way, friend. By the way, who's this Janocos fellow we have to apprehend?"
    "Rabbit has Brain. That's why he never understands anything."

3. - Top - End - #1143
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

The man looks at Akla, judging your stance and body language before taking the potion and drinking it without further question, the wound on his head closing.

"thanks."

He looks up to Grey.

"Hes a murderer, killed 3 men. Was set to face trial next week."

He begins leading the group back and into the building he came out of. his room contains a small, very worn table surrounded by several chairs. People seem to have left the room in a hurry, for the chairs have been knocked over and a deck of cards has been scattered across the table and floor. Several mugs of beer rest atop the table, two of which have been overturned, filling the room with the pungent aroma of hops and barley. A small fireplace is set in the wall opposite the table. While it may once have held a fire capable of warding off the chill that permeates this place, it holds nothing now but smoldering embers. A pair of thick oak doors has been set into the north wall. They look strong enough to keep even the strongest of men at bay. A second set of doors, far less formidable looking, leads out of the jailhouse to the east which you have entered from. A single window placed beside the entrance allows just enough light into the room to make it gloomy without a fire in the hearth.

Lastly, a light weight door leads off to the west. It is set on hinges that allow to open in either direction and has no latch or locking mechanism. He points to the double doors in the northern door.

"Head that way, ill open the doors from the mechanical room, it works in sections so you will have to move as a group"

Spoiler: ooc
    Show
    map on Roll20. You are moving into area 1 on the map. North is set to the right instead of the Top.
    Last edited by Darius Vibrtrar; 2024-01-05 at 09:21 PM.
    Festival of Heroes:
    Umbear: 14 ft tall Ogre, Odd assortment of Clothing and Armor. Greenish/Grey Skin. Tusks.

4. - Top - End - #1144
    Ogre in the Playground

- Is there anything else we should know? - Helen asked, before parting with the watchman. She still didn't know many things and to be honest, she did not like acting on such a brief notice, even though she understood their circumstances.
    LGBTinP 🏳️*🌈, Furry 🐾, European 🇪🇺 & Schizophreniac ♿, possibly a Weirdo 😜
    Fursona by Sirodbcollie from Twitter

Polter.pl RPG editor

My long signature

5. - Top - End - #1145
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

"Dont let him get his mits on you, he's strong."

He gives Helen a nod, directing you again to go through the northern double doors before he goes through the western doors.
    Festival of Heroes:
    Umbear: 14 ft tall Ogre, Odd assortment of Clothing and Armor. Greenish/Grey Skin. Tusks.

6. - Top - End - #1146
    Spamalot in the Playground

"Was set to face trial?" Rose asks. She seems to be skeptical of the situation. "So.. wait, I'm a few steps behind here. Is Jaconos still in there roaming about, and you want us to capture him?"
    Digo Dragon - Artist
    D&D 5e Homebrew: My Little Pony Races

7. - Top - End - #1147
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

A voice can be heard from a metal tube seen poking out from the base of the wall, the voice echos with a metallic echo.

"Was, if you can subdue him, still will. If you have to kill him, you have permission to use any force at your disposal. If you fail.... he might escape and kill more."

There is a short pause.

"There are two guards currently working on holding him back, I don't know how long they can keep him in his cell, please hurry."
    Festival of Heroes:

8. - Top - End - #1148
    Firbolg in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

At the approach of the jailer and the party's sudden conscription into the effort to manage a dangerous prisoner Cheyanne scowls unhappily. "What happened to not trusting these people?" she asks herself as she follows along outside. Once it becomes clear that the PCs will be stepping in to help, regardless of anyone's misgivings, she forcefully-but-gently pushes to the front of the group and begins moving forward steadily. "Don't push recklessly - listen, keep your eyes peeled, and whoever is in the back, ensure we can get back out again! I don't fancy being accidentally locked inside here..." she directs seriously.

Spoiler: Mechanics
    Show
    Moving at half-speed, at max. She will take an action each round to listen and/or look for signs of danger - Perception: (1d20+9)[18].

9. - Top - End - #1149

Grey - HP: 43\43 - Conditions: Dazzled - Active Effects: Bless (50 rnds.), Cloak of Darkness (1 hr.)

---------------

"Well, at least the fellow is a murderer. Doing the guards' job for a pickpocket would've ruined my day." Grey mutters, still bothered to have to help the law again. When the party enters what looks like a prison, he sighs and calls the shadows of this place - first the shadows coalesce around his body to form a cloak, then start following the others in what might look as an attempt to help them "Ready. And by the way, I am not overly concerned if the fellow leaves this place feet first. Not going to risk my life just to give him a chance to sweet talk a judge." he finally says, now grim and focused.

Spoiler
    Show
    Grey takes two rounds to cast Bless and Cloak of Darkness.

10. - Top - End - #1150
    Ogre in the Playground

- Who is our main fighter? - Helen tried to keep her head on her shoulders - I have got mage's armor and protection from evil, wait literally a few seconds! - she shouted, grabbing fastly her pouch with magical components and preparing herself for the incantations.

Polter.pl RPG editor

My long signature

11. - Top - End - #1151

NecromancerGuy

"I'll take a buff or two, but do it quietly - I want to surprise him if we can..." responds Cheyanne grimly.

12. - Top - End - #1152
    Troll in the Playground

Imp

Ted draws his flail and equips his shield, leaving the huge axe he carries on his back in its place.

”Subdue I think I can do.”

13. - Top - End - #1153

"I've got some tricks that can help-something that'll stagger him and do some damage," Akla says.

Show
    I have Frost Bombs, for 3d6+5 damage and DC 18 Fort Save or staggered for one round.

Show
    Show

Show

14. - Top - End - #1154
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Spoiler: Cheyanne
    Show
    you can hear fighting

As your group prepares for battle you can sense that pronging your preparations will have consequences.

Spoiler: ooc
    Show

Okay, you guys can have 2 rounds of prep before we start, if you want more, you'll have left the guards alone too long and one of them won't be able to help much.
    Festival of Heroes:

15. - Top - End - #1155

NecromancerGuy

"There's fighting ahead - come on!" says Cheyanne, suddenly moving faster as she steps deliberately forward towards the sounds she heard. As she goes she draws her Sansetsukon (three-piece-staff) and readies herself for combat.

16. - Top - End - #1156

Quote Originally Posted by Darius Vibrtrar View Post
    "Was, if you can subdue him, still will. If you have to kill him, you have permission to use any force at your disposal."
    Quote Originally Posted by Bunny Commando View Post
    "Ready. And by the way, I am not overly concerned if the fellow leaves this place feet first."
    "Well, that answers the next two questions I had," Rose comments quietly to just those nearest her.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaworu View Post
    - Who is our main fighter?
    "That would be Cheyanne and Ted," she tells Helen.

Well if the party is getting involved with a dangerous murderer, then there's no holding back on power. Rose casts Mage Armor on herself and then follows the party in, keeping towards the back so she can cast spells as needed. She draws her sword as she walks along, because if something sneaks up from behind to attack, she is going to stab it back.
    Digo Dragon - Artist

17. - Top - End - #1157
    Ogre in the Playground

Helen wasn't thinking too much and cast both of her spells onCheyanne - Ted with his great axe seemed treatening enough.

Spoiler
    Show

I cast Mage's Armor and Protection from Evil on Cheyanne.

Polter.pl RPG editor

My long signature

18. - Top - End - #1158

Grey - HP: 43\43 - Conditions: Dazzled - Active Effects: Bless (49 rnds.), Cloak of Darkness (1 hr.)

---------------

"Right behind you." Grey says in response to Cheyanne, dagger in hand he briskly follows the unarmoured warrior down the corridors towards the fighting - now that a battle looks inevitable, Grey has lost all friendliness and warmth he had shown until now, there's only the cold professionalism of someone used to employ violence whenever is needed.

19. - Top - End - #1159
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

As the party passes through the double doors they find a hallway lined with cells. Bars line the edges of the cells giving an open air model so you can see all the way to the back of the cell and into its adjacent neighbor.

The hall is segmented by barred sections to prevent even the guards from moving unsecured through the jail. Once you reach the furthest you can go, next to the furthest bar door, behind you a bar begins to slide down from the ceiling, preventing your immediate exit, while the door slides down, you can hear mechanical cranking as gears are rotated. Once the rear door is down, the forward door is raised, and you are able to move to the next section.

This process is repeated 4 more times as you make two left turns to the furthest cell in the far back of the jail, the most secure area with the most bars preventing the escape of Jaconos Hanabara.

Turning that second left gives you insight of what the situation is. As the last portcullis opens before you with a creak of turning gears, you begin to feel an awareness that something is watching you. The door on the last cell has been torn open by some great force. Several of its bars are bent and twisted, as if someone had taken a great hammer to them, and it dangles upon only one of its three hinges. Many deep, parallel gouges are carved into the wooden furniture, making it look as if someone had slashed it repeatedly with a very sharp knife.

As you peer into the pitch black cell two evil yellow gleaming eyes look back at you. The hair on the back of your neck stands up as you realize the eyes are too far apart and round to belong to any human. From this seemingly endless patch of dark- ness, a guttural growl issues forth to fill the room. Faster than your eyes can follow, a huge grey wolf-like creature springs forward and attacks one of the two guards between you. There is murder in its eyes and blood on its claws.

[Roll initiative in OCC]
    Last edited by Darius Vibrtrar; 2024-01-10 at 09:36 PM.
    Festival of Heroes:

20. - Top - End - #1160

NecromancerGuy

Spoiler: Cheyanne's Status, Round 1
    Show
    Cheyanne Julus
    Female Lawful Good Half-Orc Monk/Paladin/Champion of Irori, Level 3/2/0, Init 5, HP 52/52, Speed 40 ft
    AC 31, Touch 20, Flat-footed 29, CMD 31, Fort 18, Ref 15, Will 16, CMB +8, Base Attack Bonus 4
    Sansetsukon +13 (1d10+4, 19-20/x2)
    Double-Chained Kama +7 (1d6+3/1d6+3 or 1d6+4, 20/x2)
    Siangham +7 (1d6+3, 20/x2)
    Bracers of Armor (+2) or Mage Armor, Amulet of Natural Armor +2 (+4 Armor, +2 DEX, +6 CHA +3 Natural AC, +6 Smite Evil)
    Abilities Str 16, Dex 14, Con 14, Int 14, Wis 10, Cha 23
    Condition Mage Armor, Protection from Evil (included in above stats), Smite Evil (+6 to hit, +2 Damage, included in the underlined items above)

"Stand down, murderer, lest you die here and now!" shouts Cheyanne as she leaps into the cell, her three-section-staff striking from above her head!

Show
    Cheyanne activates Smite Evil on the Werewolf (swift action), moves adjacent (move action, since we're 10-ft away), and attacks with her Sansetsukon:
    (1d20+13)[15], (1d20+13)[16] (19-20/x2), (1d10+6)[7] bludgeoning damage, (1d10+6)[7] critical strike damage. This attack pierces any DR the werewolf has.

21. - Top - End - #1161
    Troll in the Playground

Imp

”I was wrong!” Ted admits.

Using his flail to subdue a human criminal had been his plan - a plan that now looks naive.

Trying a new ability, he casts a ray at the wolf, drops his flail and draws his axe.

OOC: Drawing a weapon and removing a shield are each move actions, so he couldn’t have used the axe this round

Ray of Enfeeblement ranged touch (1d20+8)[18]; no AOO as wolf is flat footed
    (1d6+2)[8] Str penalty, Fort half DC 13

22. - Top - End - #1162
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

As Cheyenne whollops the beast with her staff, Ted summons a sickly ray that causes the murderers muscles to miniaturize. The canine snarls at the pair of them but has a guard within his grasp, and attacks the guard.

(1d20+5)[25] claw
    (1d4+3)[6] damage

(1d20+5)[17] claw
    (1d4+3)[6] damage

(1d20+0)[3] Bite
    (1d6+5)[10] damage

The guard is clawed deeply as his uniform is stained red.

"You think calling strangers will save you two? I think I'll have my breakfast now" The murderer snarls at the two guards.

[Helen, Akla, and Rose are up]
    Last edited by Darius Vibrtrar; 2024-01-12 at 08:41 PM.
    Festival of Heroes:

23. - Top - End - #1163
    Ogre in the Playground

Helen was thinking frantically. She hadn't had Magic Missile prepared, but also didn't think it would have helped her right now. There was, however, something she COULD do...

Half believing it will not help, half hoping it will, she did cast a Glitterdust at the werewolf.

Polter.pl RPG editor

My long signature

24. - Top - End - #1164

Akla hurls one of her bombs, carefully directing the explosion so that her allies remain unharmed.

Show
    (1d20+7)[16] to-hit, against Touch AC
    (3d6+5)[17] Cold Damage on a hit, and a DC 18 Fort Save to avoid being staggered on his next turn.

Show
    Show

Show

25. - Top - End - #1165

Rose

"A... werewolf? Geez, the jailor could of at least warned us about this," Rose growled. She slips a pinch of butter pinched from the previous breakfast and makes a 'wax off' motion to the ground while muttering an incantation. The ground under the werewolf grows greasy and slick, making it difficult to keep their footing.

(Reflex save DC 16)

Spoiler: Grease spell
    Show
    Grease
    School: conjuration (creation)
    Casting Time: 1 standard action
    Components: V, S, M (butter)
    Range: close (25 ft. + 5 ft./2 levels)
    Target: one object or 10-ft. square
    Duration: 1 min./level (D)
    Saving Throw: see text; Spell Resistance no

DESCRIPTION
    A grease spell covers a solid surface with a layer of slippery grease. Any creature in the area when the spell is cast must make a successful Reflex save or fall. A creature can walk within or through the area of grease at half normal speed with a DC 10 Acrobatics check. Failure means it can’t move that round (and must then make a Reflex save or fall), while failure by 5 or more means it falls (see the Acrobatics skill for details). Creatures that do not move on their turn do not need to make this check and are not considered flat-footed.

The spell can also be used to create a greasy coating on an item. Material objects not in use are always affected by this spell, while an object wielded or employed by a creature requires its bearer to make a Reflex saving throw to avoid the effect. If the initial saving throw fails, the creature immediately drops the item. A saving throw must be made in each round that the creature attempts to pick up or use the greased item. A creature wearing greased armor or clothing gains a +10 circumstance bonus on Escape Artist checks and combat maneuver checks made to escape a grapple, and to their CMD to avoid being grappled.
    Digo Dragon - Artist

26. - Top - End - #1166
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

The anthropomorphic wolf is first covered in glitter, blinding him. Then a precise explosion covering him in frost, filling him with a fell frost chill to his bone, causing him to shiver so bad he is staggered, and then grease below his paws causes him to slip and fall prone on the ground. The guard who had been screwed, spends his time trying to clean glitter from his own eyes and screaming.

"AAAAH! I CAN'T SEE!"

The other guard takes advantage to attack the flopped and weakened prisoner.

"Get back in your cell!"

(1d20+4)[22] wooden club
    (1d4+2)[6] damage

[Grey is up, then Cheyanne and Ted once Grey posts]
    Festival of Heroes:

27. - Top - End - #1167

Grey - HP: 43\43 - Conditions: Dazzled - Active Effects: Bless (48 rnds.), Cloak of Darkness (1 hr.)

---------------

Even though Grey follows he does not look that enthused "Never trust a lawman." he says to Rose and the others, waiting for the right moment to strike - or more aptly, to push the werewolf back in his cage. Shadows come to life and try to grab the humanoid beast, squeeze him and push him back inside the cell in a rather gruesome spectacle.

Spoiler
    Show
    Grey casts Boneshaker, Fortitude vs. DC 16. If failed, Jaconos takes (5d6)[17] damage and is moved 5 feet inside the cell; if successful, damage is halved and movement is negated.
    Last edited by Bunny Commando; 2024-01-14 at 01:16 PM.

28. - Top - End - #1168
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

The murderers bones rattle as him body jumps and writhes, skittering back inside the cell as his claws dig as the stone floors. The broken cell door still hangs on one of its three hinges.

[Cheyanne and Ted are up]
    Festival of Heroes:

29. - Top - End - #1169

NecromancerGuy

Spoiler: Cheyanne's Status, Round 2
    Show
    Cheyanne Julus
    Female Lawful Good Half-Orc Monk/Paladin/Champion of Irori, Level 3/2/0, Init 5, HP 52/52, Speed 40 ft
    AC 31, Touch 20, Flat-footed 29, CMD 31, Fort 18, Ref 15, Will 16, CMB +8, Base Attack Bonus 4
    Sansetsukon x2 +12 (1d10+4, 19-20/x2)
    Double-Chained Kama +7 (1d6+3/1d6+3 or 1d6+4, 20/x2)
    Siangham +7 (1d6+3, 20/x2)
    Bracers of Armor (+2) or Mage Armor, Amulet of Natural Armor +2 (+4 Armor, +2 DEX, +6 CHA +3 Natural AC, +6 Smite Evil)
    Abilities Str 16, Dex 14, Con 14, Int 14, Wis 10, Cha 23
    Condition Mage Armor, Protection from Evil (included in above stats), Smite Evil (+6 to hit, +2 Damage, included in the underlined items above), Flurry of Blows

"Fiend! No mercy for the unrepentant" Cheyanne spits, clubbing at the werewolf viciously with the two ends of her staff.

Show
    Cheyanne uses Flurry of Blows, 5-ft steps adjacent (if necessary), and makes a full attack with her Sansetsukon:
    Strike 1 - (1d20+12)[26] to hit, (1d20+12)[24] (19-20/x2), (1d10+4)[8] bludgeoning damage, (1d10+4)[6] critical strike damage.
    Strike 2 - (1d20+12)[15] to hit, (1d20+12)[26] (19-20/x2), (1d10+4)[5] bludgeoning damage, (1d10+4)[13] critical strike damage.
    These attacks pierces any DR the werewolf has.

30. - Top - End - #1170
    Troll in the Playground

Imp

Ted drops his shield and moves next to the wolf. He allows the rage he feels to overtake him, making him a bit more reckless but also allowing him to put more force into the swing of his huge magic axe.

OOC: Attack (1d20+15)[20], damage (4d6+11)[23] w/AS