New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Erfworld: The Gathering

Since the OoTS thread where people made magic cards based on the comic was so much fun, I figured I'd try to start one up here.

Feel free to post any Erfworld-inspired Magic Card creations here.

I'll start off with some:

Wanda - Human Croakamancer
    3RB
    3/1
    1R, Tap: Remove target creature in any player's graveyard from play. Put a 2/2 Black Zombie token into play with a copy of the target creature's triggered and activated abilities.

Arkenplier - Arifact Equipment
    Equip 2
    Equipped creature gets +2/+2, and has Protection from Zombies.
    When equipping this artifact on a creature, you may pay an additional 1WW. If you do, the creature gets an additional +2/+2 and has Protection from Creatures.
    -Edgar Verona

Paladin, Philosopher, Programmer
    R.I.P

Eye of Fear and Flame
    422 - 469

We still miss you bro.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Re: Erfworld: The Gathering

Thought I'd try the new card, reflecting Parson's Warlord-ness

Planeswalker - Parson
    Loyalty - 5
    +1 - Target creature gains +1/+1 and Haste until end of turn
    -2 - All your creatures gain +1/+1 and Lifelink until end of turn
    -8 - All your creatures gain +2/+2 and First Strike until end of turn. If any of your creatures deal combat damage to an opponent, you may untap all your creatures and take a second combat phase immediately after the first one.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Pixie in the Playground

Heh.

Sizemore - Human Dirtamancer
    2R
    1/1

RR(t): Sacrifice a land to place 2 0/1 Lesser Crap Golem tokens in play. Any Creatures blocked by Crap Golems deal no damage to players this turn. Creatures blocked by crap Golems this turn may not regenerate.
    4RR(t): Sacrifice a land to place 2 2/2 Greater Crap Golem tokens in play.Any Creatures blocked by Crap Golems deal no damage to players this turn. Creatures blocked by crap Golems this turn may not regenerate.

"If only I could, sir. Believe I'd have a legion" - Bogroll, Erfworld 0013.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Pixie in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Parson
    UW3
    Creature - Human Warlord
    1/3
    Upkeep: UW
    All of your creatures gain banding.
    0:Untap one of your attacking creatures and remove it from combat.

"The treasury puts your upkeep cost at over a thousand Schmuckers a turn" - Stanley, The Tool
    Last edited by EldritchExMachina; 2007-12-04 at 11:31 AM.
    -In contempt of rules-lawyer court.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Pixie in the Playground

Arkenhammer:

Artifact Equipment
    Cost: 4
    Equip: 3

Equipped Creature gets +3/+1.
    1B: Spawn a 1/1 Dwagon Token
    1B: Gain control over Target Dwagon (This effect does not end at the end of turn)
    Whenever the equipped creature does damage to an enemy, the Arkenhammer has a 50% chance of creating a 0/1 Boid token.

"Inconceivable!"

6. - Top - End - #6
    Barbarian in the Playground

Jillian Zamussels, Mercenary Warrior
    3RW
    Legendary Creature-Human Soldier Warrior
    5/2
    Vigilance, Haste

RRW: Jillian gains +1/+0 until end of turn for each other Warrior you control. Play this ability only once per turn.
    RWW: Jillian gains +0/+1 until end of turn for each other Soldier you control. Play this ability only once per turn.
    XRW, Tap: Search your library for a Warrior or Soldier with converted mana cost X or lower, reveal it, and put in your hand.
    Last edited by Reptilius; 2007-12-05 at 06:24 PM.
    Goblin Shaman by Simius

Creations:
    The Battle Psychic Martial Adept

7. - Top - End - #7
    Colossus in the Playground

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by greylancer View Post
    Should be a bit stronger than that, surely, and shouldn't it also have Flying?

8. - Top - End - #8
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by greylancer View Post
    Arkenhammer:

Artifact Equipment
    Cost: 4
    Equip: 3

Equipped Creature gets +3/+1.
    1B: Gain control over Target Dwagon (This effect does not end at the end of turn)
    Whenever the equipped creature does damage to an enemy, the Arkenhammer has a 50% chance of creating a 0/1 Boid token.

"Inconceivable!"
    The Arkentools look to be real old school artifacts in the fact that they should not require any specific color to be played or used. Why did you include the B mana cost?

I second the idea that dwagons should be able to fly and I'd also add a way to make them better than 1:1.
    For instance:
    2: Put a +1/+1 Arkenhammer counter on any Dwagon. This ability cannot increase the number of Arkenhammer counters present on the target dwagon above the total number of Dwagons you control.
    Knowledge, logic, reason, and common sense serve better than a dozen rule books.
    E. G. Gygax

Lawful member of the Hinjo fanclub
    Treegrappler of the Durkon fanclub

9. - Top - End - #9
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by EdgarVerona View Post
    Since the OoTS thread where people made magic cards based on the comic was so much fun, I figured I'd try to start one up here.

Feel free to post any Erfworld-inspired Magic Card creations here.

I'll start off with some:

Wanda - Human Croakamancer
    3RB
    3/1
    1R, Tap: Remove target creature in any player's graveyard from play. Put a 2/2 Black Zombie token into play with a copy of the target creature's triggered and activated abilities.

Arkenplier - Arifact Equipment
    Equip 2
    Equipped creature gets +2/+2, and has Protection from Zombies.
    When equipping this artifact on a creature, you may pay an additional 1WW. If you do, the creature gets an additional +2/+2 and has Protection from Creatures.
    A few notes on your Wanda:
    Include her last name, Firebaugh
    Make the ability you listed use Black mana.
    Add another ability:
    Black,Black,Tap: "Mind-control" any one enemy unit used in combat this turn. Place 4 Mind Control counters on that unit. That unit acts for you as long as it has Mind Control counters on it. Remove one counter each turn during your upkeep.
    Power Corrupts. Absolute power is actually kinda cool...*Evil Laugh*

"Beatings, beatings, beatings, beatings...and more beatings" -- Jillian Michaels, The Biggest Loser

10. - Top - End - #10
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ripsaw View Post
    A few notes on your Wanda:
    Include her last name, Firebaugh
    Make the ability you listed use Black mana.
    Add another ability:
    Black,Black,Tap: "Mind-control" any one enemy unit used in combat this turn. Place 4 Mind Control counters on that unit. That unit acts for you as long as it has Mind Control counters on it. Remove one counter each turn during your upkeep.
    Heh, I had forgotten her last name. =)

I agree that Black is probably the best mana for her abilities as well. I think I typo'd on the "R", because I was thinking of it as a Black ability as well.

Now that I'm looking at it, I might not actually make her a R/B creature at all anymore. I'd probably go just B.

The Mind control ability's a good idea too. =) I think I'd try to do something along the lines of the old school Mireke-whatever-her-name-was card though, to prevent someone from mind controlling the entire side. Like a limit on one unit mind controlled at a time or something to that effect.
    Last edited by EdgarVerona; 2007-12-06 at 06:49 PM.
    -Edgar Verona

Paladin, Philosopher, Programmer
    R.I.P

Eye of Fear and Flame
    422 - 469

We still miss you bro.

11. - Top - End - #11

Wanda really isn't red. He's very self controled. I think BU would fit her better. Mind controling and that.

Pink Dwagon 4RW

creature-dwagon.

Flying.

Whenever Pink dwagon attacks or blocks put two gum counters on target creature and tap it.

At the begginning of your upkeep remove 1 gum counter from all creatures.

Creatures with gum counters on them don't untap during their controler's untap steps.

WR:pink dwagon gains +1/+1 untill the end of turn.

"Don't worry that it is a dwagon, this is one of the weak kinds..."-elvish archer squad leader, last words

3/3

Well, there really isn't pink in magic so I made it red white. The freezing ability had already showed up on red coldsnap cards and is quite white also. The pump shows that it can be stronger than it may seem at first.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by EdgarVerona View Post
    Heh, I had forgotten her last name. =)

I agree that Black is probably the best mana for her abilities as well. I think I typo'd on the "R", because I was thinking of it as a Black ability as well.

Now that I'm looking at it, I might not actually make her a R/B creature at all anymore. I'd probably go just B.

The Mind control ability's a good idea too. =) I think I'd try to do something along the lines of the old school Mireke-whatever-her-name-was card though, to prevent someone from mind controlling the entire side. Like a limit on one unit mind controlled at a time or something to that effect.
    That's why I put the "Tap" in, keeps her from MC'ing too many without an esoteric card combo.

Also, put in that attacking the unit's original side takes a MC counter. It effectively immobilizes the unit, and it reverts faster if you use it offensively.

New card:
    Charlie's Archons (No Cost)
    When Charlie's Archons come in to play, each player may "bid" an amount of colorless mana not to exceed his current maximum mana pool. The high bidder takes control of the card and must pay his "bid".
    Each turn, controlling player must pay 3 colorless mana to retain control of the card. If the card becomes uncontrolled, new bids are taken.

2 R Blu G, Tap: Destroy 3 target creatures that your creatures engaged in combat this turn with toughness < [high enough to kill dwagons]. They can't be regenerated

"Leverage. Synergy. Paradigm.
    Luckily for you, they paid a lot.
    "
    -Erfworld, Page 69
    5/5
    Power Corrupts. Absolute power is actually kinda cool...*Evil Laugh*

"Beatings, beatings, beatings, beatings...and more beatings" -- Jillian Michaels, The Biggest Loser