New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Bugbear in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Default Catalogues of the enlightenment, what's your cleric level?

''this is found in planar handbook''

If I take the catalogue of enlightment feat, I get a cleric domain ability even without being a cleric

but what's my cleric level for level dependant abilities?

1 class (say all my wizard levels?) or my ECL ?

or I don't have a cleric level and level dependant abilities don't work?

2. - Top - End - #2
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: Catalogues of the enlightenment, what's your cleric level?

I think this is a situation where RaW your cleric level is 0 but the RaI was probably to just use your HD. I think most DMs would go with the later interpretation.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Fero View Post
    I think this is a situation where RaW your cleric level is 0 but the RaI was probably to just use your HD. I think most DMs would go with the later interpretation.
    I wouldnt be so sure about your assertion.

I personally go with the 0 cleric levels interpretation. Theres a lot of domains that dont scale with levels that can be used, so its not like that suddenly makes it disfunctional or something.
    World of Madius wiki - My personal campaign setting, including my homebrew Optional Gestalt/LA rules.
    The new Quick Vestige List

Quote Originally Posted by Kazyan View Post
    Playing a wizard the way GitP says wizards should be played requires the equivalent time and effort investment of a university minor. Do you really want to go down this rabbit hole, or are you comfortable with just throwing a souped-up Orb of Fire at the thing?
    Quote Originally Posted by atemu1234 View Post
    Humans are rarely truly irrational, just wrong.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Bugbear in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Crake View Post
    I wouldnt be so sure about your assertion.

I personally go with the 0 cleric levels interpretation. Theres a lot of domains that dont scale with levels that can be used, so its not like that suddenly makes it disfunctional or something.
    so if an ability adds skills to your cleric skill list, it doesn't do anything either? I really wish they had bothered to add a single sentence to clarify this

5. - Top - End - #5
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Soranar View Post
    so if an ability adds skills to your cleric skill list, it doesn't do anything either? I really wish they had bothered to add a single sentence to clarify this
    Seems like, yeah. This is why i use pathfinder’s once a class skill always a class skill system instead
    World of Madius wiki - My personal campaign setting, including my homebrew Optional Gestalt/LA rules.
    The new Quick Vestige List

Quote Originally Posted by Kazyan View Post
    Playing a wizard the way GitP says wizards should be played requires the equivalent time and effort investment of a university minor. Do you really want to go down this rabbit hole, or are you comfortable with just throwing a souped-up Orb of Fire at the thing?
    Quote Originally Posted by atemu1234 View Post
    Humans are rarely truly irrational, just wrong.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Titan in the Playground

Just to keep everyone on the same page, the feat is called Planar Touchstone. The Catalogues of Enlightenment are just one of the many options for the feat.

Complicating things even further, the feat itself gives you a process for changing which touchstone you attune to, so you can easily lose that domain granted power again, or re-gain a different one. Which could make some granted powers (like making skills class skills, assuming that works at all) even weirder.
    Time travels in divers paces with divers persons.
    As You Like It, III:ii:328

Chronos's Unalliterative Skillmonkey Guide
    Current Homebrew: 5th edition psionics