New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 12 of 21 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #331
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

Default Re: IC Rise of the Grand Admiral - Episode I - Finishing the Fight

moving towards the top to the stairs peeking out and looking around for the droids.

2. - Top - End - #332
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by samduke View Post
    moving towards the top to the stairs peeking out and looking around for the droids.
    From the top of the steps and immediately inside the bedrooms, there are no droids in line of sight. Blaster fire and shouting continues from outside.

(Still player actions, make your moves)
    TC for short

"I like the sense of chaos this game provides. OOC, I like that I cannot know every available avenue, but that I can pursue whatever avenue I so choose. IC, I like that what I am doing has consequences. It's very very real." --Noedig

3. - Top - End - #333
    Bugbear in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Coralej extends his senses through the force to see whether there's more droids active on the balcony.

Spoiler: OOC/roll
    Show
    DC 15+5=20 use the force to sense surroundings through total cover as a swift
    (1d20+14)[21] use the force
    If it needs perception (1d20+8)[18]

If there's no active droids he'll continue heading upwards, if there are active droids he'll ask the clones with us to correct that.

4. - Top - End - #334
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder999 View Post
    Coralej extends his senses through the force to see whether there's more droids active on the balcony.

Spoiler: OOC/roll
    Show
    DC 15+5=20 use the force to sense surroundings through total cover as a swift
    [roll0] use the force
    If it needs perception [roll1]

If there's no active droids he'll continue heading upwards, if there are active droids he'll ask the clones with us to correct that.
    Through the swirls and eddies of the Force, you spot the wreckage of two destroyed droids, and four still standing, one on each side of the window, including one B2 super battle droid.
    The clones come up behind you.
    "Uhh, anyone got a grenade?" one of them asks.
    TC for short

"I like the sense of chaos this game provides. OOC, I like that I cannot know every available avenue, but that I can pursue whatever avenue I so choose. IC, I like that what I am doing has consequences. It's very very real." --Noedig

5. - Top - End - #335

RedWizardGuy

"No grenades here, apparently explosives still require some sort of license despite joining the military."

In light of OOC discussion make that:
    Coralej pulls out one of his frag grenades and hands it to the trooper who asked.
    Last edited by Thunder999; 2023-10-05 at 11:38 AM.

6. - Top - End - #336
    Titan in the Playground

"No grenades here, apparently explosives still require some sort of license despite joining the military."

In light of OOC discussion make that:
    Coralej pulls out one of his frag grenades and hands it to the trooper who asked.
    "Wizard," the clone says and they rush up to the left window, "here comes the popper!"
    One tosses the grenade through, and the explosion makes your ears pop. Two of the clones then jump through the window and onto the balcony. Through the right window, a B2 droid abandons its cover by the window to turn its wrist blasters on the clones on the balcony.

Spoiler
    Show
    You can see a single B2 battle droid through the right window. There are currently two clones next to the left window, and two on the balcony. It's a move to get up to the window, and a move to get onto the balcony.
    Last edited by Thundercracker; 2023-10-10 at 01:07 AM.
    TC for short

7. - Top - End - #337
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

Quote Originally Posted by Thundercracker View Post
    "Wizard," the clone says and they rush up to the left window, "here comes the popper!"
    One tosses the grenade through, and the explosion makes your ears pop. Two of the clones then jump through the window and onto the balcony. Through the right window, a B2 droid abandons its cover by the window to turn its wrist blasters on the clones on the balcony.

Spoiler
    Show
    You can see a single B2 battle droid through the right window. There are currently two clones next to the left window, and two on the balcony. It's a move to get up to the window, and a move to get onto the balcony.
    Cora following the lead of the clones moves up next to the clones at the window and then attempts to shoot the b2 that is through the right window

Hvy Blaster Pistol set to ION

Attack
    (1d20+3)[15] -5 non prof. (range 0 to 80)

Damage
    (3d8+2)[13] Ion x2 crit

(48 shots remaining)

8. - Top - End - #338

RedWizardGuy

Seeing the B2 still up, Coralej reaches out with the force to lift it up and crush into the scrap it should be.
    If it's still up, he'll try to move into some cover if there's any to be found.

Spoiler: ooc
    Show
    Force Grip
    (1d20+14)[25] Use the Force vs Fortitude
    (2d6)[9] damage at DC 15, (2d6)[8] more at 20, (2d6)[8] more at 25, (2d6)[10] more at 30

9. - Top - End - #339
    Titan in the Playground

Seeing the B2 still up, Coralej reaches out with the force to lift it up and crush into the scrap it should be.
    If it's still up, he'll try to move into some cover if there's any to be found.

Spoiler: ooc
    Show
    Force Grip
    [roll0] Use the Force vs Fortitude
    [roll1] damage at DC 15, [roll2] more at 20, [roll3] more at 25, [roll4] more at 30
    The droid crumples before it can unload on the clones on the balcony, and sparks fly from its shoulder as it deactivates and falls over. The two clones quickly finish off the other B1 on the balcony.
    "Balcony clear!" comes the call, though the firefight continues outside as you can still hear the echoing report of blaster rifles and the thrum of Sadaki's lightsaber.

You are on the second story, and obvious exits are the two bedroom windows to the balcony, or back downstairs to the street.
    Last edited by Thundercracker; 2023-10-13 at 01:18 AM.
    TC for short

10. - Top - End - #340
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

Watching the B2 crumple, Cora switches her blaster back to kill, then looks out the window to see if there are any droids left out on the balcony.

11. - Top - End - #341

RedWizardGuy

Coralej calls over "That was just a warm up, we've got a roof to clear."
    And starts making his way further up the stairs.

12. - Top - End - #342
    Titan in the Playground

Watching the B2 crumple, Cora switches her blaster back to kill, then looks out the window to see if there are any droids left out on the balcony.
    One of the clones shoots a downed B2 droid in the processor core of its head, finishing it off. All of the enemy droids on the balcony appear to have been destroyed, but there is still fighting going on outside.

You're on the second story, where there are two bedrooms overlooking a balcony. Obvious exits are out a window and onto the balcony, or back downstairs.
    Last edited by Thundercracker; 2023-10-13 at 09:12 AM.
    TC for short

13. - Top - End - #343

RedWizardGuy

Coralej will head out onto the balcony to see what's there to do.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    oops, missed that the stairs were down somehow.

14. - Top - End - #344
    Titan in the Playground

The balcony is littered with a half-dozen damaged and destroyed droids. On a similar balcony of the adjacent building, one droideka destroyer is perched near the lip (providing cover from the ground) and blasts away at the hover sled, while Sadaki stands on the hood, defending it as best he can. A second faces the window and is engaged in a firefight with clones of the 501st as they try to make their way up the steps.

The two droideka do not appear to have noticed you yet.
    TC for short

15. - Top - End - #345
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

Seeing the 60ft distance between the two balconies, Coralej its to far to jump, I can attempt to shoot one from here or we need to get closer

(1d20+3)[13]
    (4d6)[17]
    Last edited by samduke; 2023-10-15 at 06:49 AM.

16. - Top - End - #346

RedWizardGuy

Coralej will begin heading back down on the inside, because the droids are just too far for him to do anything.

17. - Top - End - #347
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

quickly heading back down the stairs behind Coralej to the door that leads out, peeking outlooking for the entrance to the other building

18. - Top - End - #348
    Titan in the Playground

From your vantage point inside the ground floor of the building, you can see the firefight continuing outside. There are two buildings to your right. Flashes of blaster fire can be seen on the ground floor of the second building, where the clones are engaging the droids. The nearest one, which is currently quiet, is 40' door to door. You should be able to quickly run from one door to the other, assuming it's open. If you get stuck on the street though, you might be subject to fire from the droideka currently attacking the hover sled and the Jedi.
    Last edited by Thundercracker; 2023-10-16 at 10:07 AM.
    TC for short

19. - Top - End - #349

RedWizardGuy

Coralej sprints for the door to the next building and tries to get inside.

20. - Top - End - #350
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

waiting a few seconds for coralej to get into the building, then sprinting across right into the building hoping to not be spotted.

21. - Top - End - #351
    Titan in the Playground

waiting a few seconds for coralej to get into the building, then sprinting across right into the building hoping to not be spotted.
    When you get there, you find the front door is broken and easily push your way inside. The clones follow your lead. With six of you on the ground floor, it’s a bit tight. One of the clones stumbles over something, eliciting a grunt from someone who had been crouched between a couch and a coffee table.

The group quickly uncovers a man and a woman hiding in the darkness. The clones aim their blasters and start shouting commands at them, and the two (likely) Separatists rise to their knees and put their hands up. They both appear to be human.

“Don’t shoot! We’re not soldiers!” the man says.

The firefight continues to rage outside.
    TC for short

22. - Top - End - #352
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

Ignoring the couple as the clones have them, looking around for the stairs up, once found heading up blaster pistol at the ready

23. - Top - End - #353

RedWizardGuy

Coralej calls over to the clones "Odi, keep an eye on those two, everyone else, keep moving up." and also heads up the nearest stairs, there's droids to scrap after all.

24. - Top - End - #354
    Titan in the Playground

Coralej calls over to the clones "Odi, keep an eye on those two, everyone else, keep moving up." and also heads up the nearest stairs, there's droids to scrap after all.
    Odi trains his rifle on the two Separatists.
    “Down on the ground, don’t move,” he says.

The rest of the party climbs the steps and finds the two bedroom doors at the top shut. You’ll have to pass through at least one of them to get to the balcony.
    TC for short

25. - Top - End - #355

RedWizardGuy

Before picking a door Coralej reaches out with the force to sense what lies behind the doors.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    That's DC 20 to Sense Surrounding to ignore total cover, just like last time
    (1d20+14)[25] Use the Force
    and (1d20+8)[12] perception

26. - Top - End - #356
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

Cora Readies a Frag grenade, waiting at the door with coralej

27. - Top - End - #357
    Titan in the Playground

On the other side of the door, the Force swirls and eddies. You can sense a bedroom, lingering feelings of routine, drudgery, and dreams, but there don’t sense any danger.
    TC for short

28. - Top - End - #358

RedWizardGuy

Corlaj opens the door and leads the way forward.

29. - Top - End - #359
    Titan in the Playground

Corlaj opens the door and leads the way forward.
    The door opens into a vacant bedroom. Though the decor is slightly different, the layout is the same, with a window at the far side which leads out to a balcony above the front door. The firefight continues to rage outside.
    TC for short

30. - Top - End - #360
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

peeking out towards the balcony trying to get a good view of where the enemy are at

Perception: (1d20+6)[9]