New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Titan in the Playground

Default Starbuck's Pathfinder- Wrath of the Righteous OOC

16:
    Spoiler
    Show

1. What game system are you running (D&D, Call of Cthulu, Palladium, GURPS, etc.), and if applicable what edition (Original, Classic, Revised, 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 5th, 10th, etc.)?
    Pathfinder.

2. What 'type' or variant of game will it be (i.e. "Shadow Chasers" or "Agents of Psi" for d20? What is the setting for the game (eg. historic period, published or homebrewed campaign setting, alternate reality, modern world, etc.)?
    Pathfinder
    3. How many Players are you looking for? Will you be taking alternates, and if so, how many?

5-6.

4. What's the gaming Medium?

OOTS
    5. What is the characters' starting status (i.e. experience level)?
    6. How much gold or other starting funds will the characters begin with?

Starting wealth by class
    7. Are there any particular character classes, professions, orders, etc. that you want... or do not want? What are your rules on 'prestige' and/or homebrewed classes?
    Anything in PF Paizo books.

Chained Summoner is allowed, but please keep stats of summons ready if summoning.

8. What races, subraces, species, etc. are allowed for your game? Will you allow homebrewed races or species? 'Prestige' races or species?
    All core races and other races (both Featured and Uncommon) are allowed. Any others, ask.

9. By what method should Players generate their attributes/ability scores and Hit Points?

20 point buy for attributes.

HP are maximum at first level, then
    d6 = 4/level
    d8 = 5/level
    d10 = 6/level
    d12 = 7/level

Characters can also have 2 Traits max. 1 must be from player’s guide; an additional third if choose a drawback.

10. Does your game use alignment? What are your restrictions, if so?
    Alignments preferred Good, but Neutral allowed. Evil discouraged due to actions needed to take in this game. But technically, any allowed

11. Do you allow multi-classing, or have any particular rules in regards to it?

Multiclassing will be permitted as per the CORE rules.

12. Will you be doing all of the die rolling during the course of the game? Will die rolls be altered, or left to the honor system? If players can make die rolls, which ones do they make, how should they make the rolls, and how should they report them?
    Players make their rolls.
    I will do secret rolls and NPC.

13. Are there any homebrewed or optional/variant rules that your Players should know about? If so, list and explain them, or provide relevant links to learn about these new rules.
    To simplify combat/save time for PbP, when something is unclear or dependent on something else, players should write “if, then” actions (e.g. if the sleep spell works on X, I attack Y. If it doesn’t, I attack X.

Background skills, except Knowledge skills, can add to Lore but normal skill points needed for Knowledge.

All Fighters get Combat Stamina feat
    Stamina regains for non-combat: 1 returns each minute.
    Bonus Feats: Point Blank Shot automatically, also Power Attack, Deadly aim, and TWF without Prerequisites granted as soon as any have +1 BAB. If already have feats, can get a new one.

Hero points are in play or you can get a bonus feat at start.

14. Is a character background required? If so, how big? Are you looking for anything in particular (i.e. the backgrounds all ending up with the characters in the same city)?
    A paragraph minimum. The background should declare how your char came up with the class and his personality. Basically what you did before you came to Kenabras.

15. Does your game involve a lot of hack & slash, puzzle solving, roleplaying, or a combination of the above?
    Combination, but mostly hack/slash
    16. Are your Players restricted to particular rulebooks and supplements, or will you be allowing access to non-standard material? What sources can Players use for their characters?Anything in PF paizo books.

Kenabres
    Spoiler
    Show

Since the first days of the Worldwound, Kenabres has answered the call to action demanded by the coming of the fiends. We opened our gates to refugees despite the danger. We tracked down demons hiding in the guise of men and set them alight with righteous flame. Still, the tide of fiends never ceases. They surge pitilessly toward our shining border, that churning throng of creatures clamoring for virtuous blood. Kenabres is the bulwark behind which we throw our weight. The wardstone is our shield and also our greatest weapon. As long as Kenabres stands, we will keep the demons trapped, and our crusaders shall ride forth and put an end to their foul existence.”
    —Onevere Worin, City Defender of Kenabres

Kenabres is a city of glory, but not one of spotless virtue. The Mendevian Crusaders riding out from the city have slain countless demons, and many of them have been carried back to town on their shields to be interred in the catacombs beneath the Cathedral of Saint Clydwell. However, some of these same crusaders—many of them even immortalized in the Hall of Heroes—spent years hunting supposedly demon-tainted faiths and burning at the stake cultists and innocent Mendevians alike. The frequency and intensity of these pogroms have diminished, but the dark history of Kenabres remains ever-present in the minds of its leaders and many of its citizens.

Kenabres hosts camps of crusaders who have come from all across the continent to battle demons. Though many
    of these crusaders are pure-hearted and noble of spirit, others are little more than fortune-seeking mercenaries.
    Still, none can deny the good deeds done by the knights of Kenabres under the direction of their zealous, strategically brilliant leader Hulrun.

The town relies on complex water pumps to bring water up to the city. These have been sites of attack in the past, so a famed stoneworker created a powerful shield around the pumps.

History: After the worldwound opened, Kenabres was a haven for refugees. That is, until the Red Morning (4607 AR), when it was discovered that one of the refugees was actually a lilitu demon named Minagho. After entering town, the demon reverted and slaughtered 62 citizens before disappearing in a puff of smoke. Since then, entrance to Kenabres has been difficult for all. There have since been several crusades against the demonic powers of the Worldwound. The first crusade, started by the church of Iomedae, began in 4622. This crusade brought over 2000 crusader immigrants to Kenabres. In the second crusade (4638), Kenabres was a well-established launching point for attacks. As such, when the wardstones were established, Kenabres was chosen as one wardstone site. For some time, there was turmoil from within the city as Hulrun Shappok lead an inquisition against possible internal threats. Many evil cultists were found, and burned at the stake... as were many people who may have been innocents. This fervor lead to the start of the Third Crusade, and Hulrun took over the position of prelate of the city. During the intervening time, the Fourth Crusade has started and waned onward, a constant war with no end in sight and faltering morale.

Notable people (dead or alive):
    Spoiler
    Show

Lord Hulrun: Ruler of Kenabes, presumed dead
    Terendelev: Silver dragon that helped protect Kenabres, presumed dead

Party:
    Gyrfalcon's Melisandre Taravan (alchemist)
    Imp's Rozalinda (Sorcerer)
    Kaworu's Arakiel Vessard (Warpriest)
    Paddywagon Man's Larsaa (Vigilante)
    Archemist's Mallory (Inquisitor)
    Drk Zarina (Swashbuckler)

Uderground Battle map: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...WmQ/edit#gid=0

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Starbuck's Pathfinder- Wrath of the Righteous OOC

Placeholder For Zarina and her character sheet

Zarina
    Thanks to Emperor Ing for the nice Avatar

3. - Top - End - #3
    Bugbear in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Guess I need to buy equipment now.

Rozalinda for posterity.

Rozalinda will be speaking like this.
    Last edited by RelentlessImp; 2023-04-25 at 01:41 AM.
    Now if you don't mind, I am somewhat preoccupied telling the laws of physics to shut up and sit down.
    I cast irresistable phantasmal killer as a 4th level spell. No save, just die.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ogre in the Playground

HalflingRogueGirl

Great to see you all!

Here's Mallory Wright, elven inquisitor, at Mythweavers.

His backstory is on the sheet but also here.
    Spoiler: Mallory backstory
    Show
    Mallory Wright is an Elf who's been living among the humans in the north for quite a while now. He has always been a peace-loving sort, but the real downside of moving into human lands and caring about sharing the wonders of elven culture... is that many of his friends have died over the years, and more than a few at the hands of demons. Whether his own parents and scattered elven band, the Sarkorians, innocent civilians in Drezen, or zealous crusaders, the demon incursion has just brought ruin to everyone and everything he's known. Kenabres has seemed like a bastion of security so far, but Mallory has found himself looking over his shoulder a lot lately.

Mallory isn't his real name, of course. He's tried to take on some of the human styles and culture while living among them. "Wright" even started out as a pun on "Write" since with his calligraphy skills and artistic eye, it felt like that's all the humans wanted him to do for them at first.

He's been happy as a confirmed bachelor given everything - he's tried not to get involved at Court or attract too much attention. Politics is for other people, right?

But he's about to be all-in on Liberty and Equality and he's a blossoming freedom fighter and liberator, thanks to demon invaders and some nudging by his deity. He's professed belief for a long time and even has a thematic set of Rosewood armor he keeps watering, but soon it'll be personal.

Here's a heroforge portrait of him also.
    Spoiler: Mallory in action
    Show

As an aside, one thing I think is funny is our set of races/alignments/deities:

Aasimar swashbuckler of Desna (CG, Dreams/moon)
    Aasimar warpriest of Sarenrae (NG, Sun)
    Aasimar vigilante of Tsukiyo (LG, moon)
    Elf inquisitor of Milani (CG, Hope)
    Human sorcerer (N, atheist)
    Tiefling alchemist of Nethys (N, Magic)

Definitely some room there for roleplay and reconciling some differing approaches.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Barbarian in the Playground

Melisandre Taravan will "Speak in red. Which I can tell you, doesn't make being a tiefling any easier. And then I end up in a team with not one, not two, but three angel-born. Maybe I can hide behind all those wings..."

Melisandre is NG herself, even if her diety is N. She follows Nethys in his aspect of seeking knowledge.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ogre in the Playground

Hi :)

I am writing from my phone, I will edit this post later with my character sheet :)

EDIT:

My CS

My backstory

Arakiel will speak in Golden Rod
    Last edited by Kaworu; 2023-04-26 at 10:58 AM.
    LGBTinP 🏳️*🌈, Furry 🐾, European 🇪🇺 & Schizophreniac ♿, possibly a Weirdo 😜
    Fursona by Sirodbcollie from Twitter

Polter.pl RPG editor

My long signature

7. - Top - End - #7
    Titan in the Playground

I'll post In Character tomorrow, so be ready

IC: https://forums.giantitp.com/showthre...e-Righteous-IC

8. - Top - End - #8

PirateGuy

Didn't check this for a couple days sorry, happy I got in!

Larsaa will speak in green... and don't let three Aasimar both you too much Melisandre! Larsaa isn't even aware he is one, and I'm sure most humans will view the extra special kobold as... a kobold.
    Last edited by Paddywagon Man; 2023-04-27 at 06:30 AM.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Ogre in the Playground

HalflingRogueGirl

I suppose Mallory will speak in Medium Blue, since that hasn't been claimed yet.
    "The words are all around but the words are only sounds, and no one ever seems to listen.
    Instead, they'll say, 'How could we have known?'" - Jack Johnson
    Currently playing as:
    Polina, Goliath Drakewarden
    And a Heroforge link for her:
    Polina Gibson

10. - Top - End - #10
    Ogre in the Playground

Hi people :D

Just wanted to mention that our GM posted IC :D I just realized by some lucky chance, LOL? xD

Polter.pl RPG editor

My long signature

11. - Top - End - #11
    Ogre in the Playground

HalflingRogueGirl

For the record, the IC is here: https://forums.giantitp.com/showthre...e-Righteous-IC (So folks don't have to navigate to it the long way.)

Exciting!
    "The words are all around but the words are only sounds, and no one ever seems to listen.
    Currently playing as:
    Polina Gibson

12. - Top - End - #12

Hey RelentlessImp, how are you doing 1d4+3 with magic missile? Given it does Force damage, it should only do 1d4+2? Or do you have something to convert spell damage to fire?

13. - Top - End - #13

BlueWizardGirl

Orc Bloodline is +1/die for all damage spells, Blood Havoc is another +1/die for bloodline spells or any spells I have Spell Focus for.
    Last edited by RelentlessImp; 2023-05-01 at 01:59 PM.
    Now if you don't mind, I am somewhat preoccupied telling the laws of physics to shut up and sit down.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Titan in the Playground

Everyone roll Init, while magic missile normally can't hurt corpses, it seemed thematic to let it blow a hole in it.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Titan in the Playground

Zarina initiative (1d20+4)[17]

16. - Top - End - #16

BlueWizardGirl

Initiative: (1d20+1)[11]

17. - Top - End - #17
    Ogre in the Playground

HalflingRogueGirl

Mallory's initiative roll: (1d20+2)[13]

Compiling the IC and OOC results:

19. Arakiel
    18. Melisandre
    17. Zarina
    13. Mallory
    12. Larsaa
    11. Roze
    3. Enemies

Updated with Kaworu's roll also.
    Last edited by Archemist; 2023-05-03 at 01:32 AM.
    Currently playing as:
    Polina Gibson

18. - Top - End - #18
    Ogre in the Playground

Hi people!

Sorry for being late : < The early May is always a time of national celebration in Poland (Day of Workers, then our national flag day, then the anniversary of the first Polish Constitution) and I was too busy with family gatherings to post. Sorry again : <

Polter.pl RPG editor

My long signature

19. - Top - End - #19

PirateGuy

How strict are we about initiative between players? It seems we've slowed down quite a bit already with just the first initiative roll, do we want to institute some kind of time limit or allow PCs to jump over each other to speed things up, so long as they're both before the enemy?

20. - Top - End - #20
    Ogre in the Playground

HalflingRogueGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Paddywagon Man View Post
    How strict are we about initiative between players? It seems we've slowed down quite a bit already with just the first initiative roll, do we want to institute some kind of time limit or allow PCs to jump over each other to speed things up, so long as they're both before the enemy?
    Yeah, we'd all kinda jumped the gun a bit, too, before the Initiative rolls had been called for. So it's a little hard to tell where we're at in the order.
    Currently playing as:
    Polina Gibson

21. - Top - End - #21

PirateGuy

I'm just hoping we can progress soon, what's holding us up right now?

The PCs are all before the bad guys so would doing player initiative out of order to speed things up be ok?

22. - Top - End - #22

Mostly we need to know what the battlefield is like and what we're facing. If its just one corpse worm, then it's pretty easy to deal with.

Otherwise, I suggest that for battle that once all PCs have submitted their actions for the round that the GM makes changes as needed. So if there are two enemies and three PCs say 'I attack A' and A dies, the other two automatically attack the next closest enemy.

23. - Top - End - #23
    Titan in the Playground

Sorry, I was waiting for Init. This battle is two wormy creatures as a introduction to seeing how you function in battle. Not super hard.

This is mostly theatre of mind, we will do battle maps later.

Also my mom is in hospital and I was focusing more on that than this. Sorry for wait.

24. - Top - End - #24
    Titan in the Playground

Sorry to hear that about your mother, all the best for a speedy recovery

25. - Top - End - #25

No worries Starbuck - your family is most important. I hope your mother is doing well.

I also knew the dice would do that. "We're doing fine! *twang* Ignore the fact I missed!"

26. - Top - End - #26
    Ogre in the Playground

I am sorry for your mom Buck : <

If somebody wonders, my character is just gonna be a living shield.

Polter.pl RPG editor

My long signature

27. - Top - End - #27
    Titan in the Playground

Okay with that, the worms are wasted.
    Zarina insta killed one, and the other you guys slowly killed.

I'll post IC update tomorrow.

28. - Top - End - #28
    Titan in the Playground

Each scale is usable once/day +1/4 levels

Larsaa finds the Scale Cloudwalking: levitate as Swift action, pillar of roiling cloud rises below, provides 20% concealment below
    Arakiel find Scale of Grace: swift action, casts Grace, allowing to moving 20 ft and attack a creature previously beyond reach, you can treat any strike as a flat footed for AC purposes.
    Melisandre finds Scale of Ice breath: Standard action, this scale can be used to cast Intensified Burning Hands (using your HD as caster level, Max damage 10d4), but instead of fire, this ability only does Cold Damage.

29. - Top - End - #29

PirateGuy

The powers seem very cool!

Holding a smokestick in his mouth and getting a tindertwig ready in his off-hand Larsaa will start moving stealthily in the direction the vermin came from, to start looking for a way out - slowly, to not leave the party or wounded far behind. (1d20+10)[21] (Stealth)

Edit - also, do we intuitively know what our scales do and how to use them or do we need to test them out or identify them first?
    Last edited by Paddywagon Man; 2023-05-07 at 01:50 AM.

30. - Top - End - #30
    Titan in the Playground

Zarina’s scale (1d10-1)[9]