New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Bugbear in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Default Re: Starbuck's Pathfinder- Wrath of the Righteous IC

Annoyance flickers across Roze's face from the dead spider releasing worms. She snaps her fingers once and points a finger at one of them, speaking a single arcane word and releasing a beam of frosty blue at one of the worms.

Spoiler
    Show

Casting ray of frost at one worm.
    Attack: (1d20+1)[16] Damage: (1d3+2)[4]
    Now if you don't mind, I am somewhat preoccupied telling the laws of physics to shut up and sit down.
    I cast irresistable phantasmal killer as a 4th level spell. No save, just die.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Barbarian in the Playground

Seeing Zarina slash the first worm deeply heartens Melisandre, even as Roze casts something that freezes a chunk of the other. "Don't worry, we look to have this in hand." she reassures her erstwhile patients. She takes aim with her bow and looses an arrow at the same target as Roze.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show

[roll=Shortbow (Point Blank Shot)]1d20+4[/roll] - [roll=Damage (Point Blank Shot)]1d6+1[/roll]

* post roll count doesn't match database

3. - Top - End - #33

Show
    I swear, GiTP has the worst dice roller.

Shortbow (point blank shot) To Hit- (1d20+4)[6]
    Shortbow (point blank shot) Damage - (1d6+1)[6]

4. - Top - End - #34
    Ogre in the Playground

HalflingRogueGirl

Mallory quickly overcomes his initial revulsion and steps forward to stab at the worm the arrow missed with his sword, making it a little worm kebab. "Die, worm!"

Spoiler: Skewering with his rapier
    Show
    (1d20+2)[19] for (1d6+2)[4] piercing damage.
    Last edited by Archemist; 2023-05-05 at 11:33 AM.
    "The words are all around but the words are only sounds, and no one ever seems to listen.
    Instead, they'll say, 'How could we have known?'" - Jack Johnson
    Currently playing as:
    Polina, Goliath Drakewarden
    And a Heroforge link for her:
    Polina Gibson

5. - Top - End - #35
    Ogre in the Playground

Arakiel thought for a moment. He wanted to run at them worms, sure, but also, he had a blind person to take care of. After a few seconds, he positioned himself in away which made for the opponents to be unable to attack the elf, even if they would like to - not without overcoming the warpriest first.
    LGBTinP 🏳️*🌈, Furry 🐾, European 🇪🇺 & Schizophreniac ♿, possibly a Weirdo 😜
    Fursona by Sirodbcollie from Twitter

Polter.pl RPG editor

My long signature

6. - Top - End - #36
    Titan in the Playground

Zarina acts quickly and pierces the neck of the wormy creatures, its foul blood spewing forth.

Roze's ice hits the other but does not stop it crawling forth slowly. Melisandre's arrows hit too high and hit the ceiling. Then Mallory jabs their rapier through the creature's chest.

The Two of strangers are happy to see Arakiel defend them (Aravashnial is still blind).

After the fall of the beasts, suddenly silver flakes are visible that were missed before. These scales are about the size of one's hand. You can feel they were connected to the dragon that saved you. They still feel like they hold power.

Everyone roll 1d10 -1 to see which scale you find.

Aravashnial pipes in with a quizzical, "What's just happened? Care to clue me in?"

Everyone receives 67 XP for the battle.

7. - Top - End - #37

PirateGuy

"Ah, giant worms! Good eating on those, my clutch-siblings would fight over them like you wouldn't believe. Anybody care to share one?

And... dragon scales. A last memento from one who saved us, I suppose."

(1d10-1)[0]

8. - Top - End - #38
    Ogre in the Playground

- They were enemies. Some kinda worms. We dealt with them - explained Arakiel. He moved forward, slightly surprised to find a dragon's scale. It was pretty, to be sure. Could... could he keep one of them?

(1d10-1)[9]
    Last edited by Kaworu; 2023-05-06 at 01:10 PM.

Polter.pl RPG editor

My long signature

9. - Top - End - #39

Melisandre considers the kobold’s declaration and then shrugs. ”Sure, I’ll give it a try.”

After sliding Anevia’s bow into her grasp, the tiefling picks up a scale at random, running her fingertips over its surface.

(1d10-1)[6]

10. - Top - End - #40
    Ogre in the Playground

HalflingRogueGirl

Mallory takes a couple deep breaths to re-center himself, then examines the scales.

Spoiler: OOC - dragon scales
    Show
    (1d10-1)[5]
    "The words are all around but the words are only sounds, and no one ever seems to listen.
    Currently playing as:
    Polina Gibson

11. - Top - End - #41

PirateGuy

Admiring the dragon scale and chowing down on giant worm, Larsaa (with his mouth quite full) starts putting plans together for the trek forward. "Mmmph... sho, a compromish - I'm quiiighte schneaky, and

gulp

I might see foes before they see me - I'll go first, just a short distance ahead, in earshot should my friends' help be needed unex-crunch-pepcedly. No foolish heroicsh, promush."
    Last edited by Paddywagon Man; 2023-05-07 at 01:37 AM.

12. - Top - End - #42
    Titan in the Playground

Zarina

Zarina looks down at the worms and uses a corner of her cape to clean the ichor off her blade. Seeing glimmering scales she picks one up then gasps as she realises the draconic source. “It is hers…” she speaks, rubbing the smooth silvery surface and pausing in contemplation for a moment.

As the others start speaking she trots across back to them, halo flaring with golden light. She looks at the three injured and a then offers Aneiva a help up. “we have to move out, here Aneiva, lean on me and we’ll find you a better splint or walking stick when we can.”- she suggests as they get ready to move out of the cave

Show

Zarina
    Female CG Azatatouched (Aasimar) Swashbuckler , Level 1, Init 4, HP 11/11, Speed
    AC 18, Touch 14, Flat-footed 14, CMD 16, Fort 1, Ref 6, Will 0, CMB +2, Base Attack Bonus 1
    Finesse Longsword +6 (1d8+4, 19-20)
    Finesse Dagger +5 (1d4+1, 19-20)
    Chain Shirt (+4 Armor, +4 Dex)
    Abilities Str 13, Dex 18, Con 12, Int 10, Wis 10, Cha 16
    Condition None
    [/QUOTE]
    Thanks to Emperor Ing for the nice Avatar

13. - Top - End - #43

BlueWizardGirl

Roze sighs as the last of the worms falls and steps forward to check the scales, giving them a close examination.

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d10-1)[1]
    Now if you don't mind, I am somewhat preoccupied telling the laws of physics to shut up and sit down.

14. - Top - End - #44

Melisandre chews a bite of one of the giant worms far more unobtrusively than the kobold crunching away happily at their meal. Meaty, a little salty, and an oddly nutty aftertaste. It wasn't the worst thing she had ever eaten, though she imagines that the source would make most people squeamish. Maybe if the thieflings raised the giant worms and sold worm slices in the slums? Most people there won't turn down food of any type as long as it was affordable.

Turning her attention to Larsaa's proposal, the tiefling nods her agreement. "I don't need light, so I can go ahead of the halos. If the kobold runs into something, I can whip up something explosive to distract it."

15. - Top - End - #45
    Titan in the Playground

Melisandre and Larsaa chew on freshly killed maggots, before venturing forth to scout. They note there are two exists of the room: One North and one South. There was another path East but the cave in makes that way unlikely without days of moving rubble.

To the "South" they see that not far ahead the path is blocked by a ledge that is some 14 feet off the ground. If the ledge could be scaled, perhaps the path could be used. But it would be difficult to scale it with a broken leg... Wait, what's this? There seems to be a backpack just at the top of the ledge!

To the "North", the path continues onward, winding a bit out of their view. But as if you pause at the entrance to the path you can hear... Squeaking? Crunching? Some kind of noise down the path that's most likely coming from something alive.

Anevia, happy for Larsaa's makeshift splint and Zarina 's hand, responds quickly, and is efficient. "I'm a fair shot with a bow, and can hold my own with a short blade... On a good day," she amends, looking down at her leg. "I've also spent my fair share of time dealing with tripwires and poisoned darts. So if you need a set of eyes and hands to make the path safe from traps, I'm your gal. Can't say I'm much for scouting right now, though. Thanks for the assistance"

16. - Top - End - #46
    Ogre in the Playground

HalflingRogueGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Starbuck_II View Post
    To the "South" they see that not far ahead the path is blocked by a ledge that is some 14 feet off the ground. If the ledge could be scaled, perhaps the path could be used. But it would be difficult to scale it with a broken leg... Wait, what's this? There seems to be a backpack just at the top of the ledge!

To the "North", the path continues onward, winding a bit out of their view. But as if you pause at the entrance to the path you can hear... Squeaking? Crunching? Some kind of noise down the path that's most likely coming from something alive.
    Mallory weighs their options. "My vote is to try to climb. Getting back to the surface means going up, and I'd rather not meet more of those worms... delicious as they seem to be." He shudders at the continuing crunching noises. "I'm not great at climbing, but I'm willing to try, or help one of you."
    Currently playing as:
    Polina Gibson

17. - Top - End - #47

Melisandre waves a hand uncertainly. "I agree with you, and I want to see what's in that bag up there. But unless one of you has a rope handy, I doubt we can get Horgus, Anevia or Aravashnial up that wall. None of them are fit to climb on their own, though if we can loop a rope under their arms we'd be able to pull them up.

Without a rope, I'd say whoever is best at climbing should grab the bag and toss it down, but we'll need to make our way north."

18. - Top - End - #48

BlueWizardGirl

Roze tilts her head to the side as she studies the scale she picked up, sliding her backpack off of her shoulder and tucking the scale safely away in it. At the question of rope, however, she withdraws a coil of silken rope from within the bag, holding it up.

"Really? Just me? Did none of the rest of you have it drilled into your heads by your parents how useful having a bit of rope at all times was?" she asks, confused.

19. - Top - End - #49
    Titan in the Playground

Zarina

Zarina nods to Aneiva, "Not so much scouting for a long while I suspect" then helps her hobble to the others. As they find the small cliff, Zarian is quick to volunteer. "I can have a try. If someone can give me a bost on their shoulders its only a short cliimb. Just be ready to catch me I fall"

Assuming someone boost her on their shoulders she'll reach out and try to climb the last few feet and pull herself up

Show

If Take 10 will do it = 11 then do so, otherwise (1d20+1)[14] + (1d6)[3] panache

Zarina
    Female CG Azatatouched (Aasimar) Swashbuckler , Level 1, Init 4, HP 11/11, Speed
    AC 18, Touch 14, Flat-footed 14, CMD 16, Fort 1, Ref 6, Will 0, CMB +2, Base Attack Bonus 1
    Condition Panache 2/3

20. - Top - End - #50
    Titan in the Playground

Zarina doesn't notice any danger, though the source of the backpack seems to have been from above.
    She succeeds at climbing up the ledge.
    Bits of rubble on the ground and an odd crack in the ceiling seem to indicate that a rift opened here, and the backpack fell through it before the ceiling closed again. A closer inspection of the crack in the ceiling reveals a thin line of blood. It seems that the owner of the backpack might have been caught in this rift as it closed... Zarina has no reason to think that the rift is unstable or that a cave in might happen. The bag itself seems innocent enough, with no apparent traps.

Inside the backpack is a collection of standard adventuring gear (10 rations, Flint/steel, caltrops, 2 flask oil, 12 arrows, CLW potion, Lesser restoration potion). The pack itself is very well-made (masterwork).

However, this is a dead end, another victim of cave ins/rock slides.

(you can jump down or try to climb down)

Anevia yells, "So, did you find the way out?"

21. - Top - End - #51
    Ogre in the Playground

HalflingRogueGirl

Quote Originally Posted by RelentlessImp View Post

Roze tilts her head to the side as she studies the scale she picked up, sliding her backpack off of her shoulder and tucking the scale safely away in it. At the question of rope, however, she withdraws a coil of silken rope from within the bag, holding it up.

"Really? Just me? Did none of the rest of you have it drilled into your heads by your parents how useful having a bit of rope at all times was?" she asks, confused.
    Mallory says defensively, "Well, who brings rope to a festival? If it weren't for the tournament events I wouldn't even have my armor on. And that's a lucky thing, especially if we have to go down that other tunnel."
    Currently playing as:
    Polina Gibson

22. - Top - End - #52
    Ogre in the Playground

Arakiel just coughted, kinda embarassed. He really should have some rope with him, but he had none. Such a shame!

Polter.pl RPG editor

My long signature

23. - Top - End - #53

Melisandre scratches the back of her neck, looking contemplative. ”I don’t even know why I had my camping gear with me. It was supposed to be a holiday and here I am with armor, a bow and a backpack on. I just had a weird feeling this morning.”

24. - Top - End - #54
    Ogre in the Playground

HalflingRogueGirl

Mallory offers an arm to Aravashnial, saying, "My arm is just to your right if you want me to guide you."

If the sneakier members of the party head down the North tunnel, he'll follow, towards the middle of the group.

25. - Top - End - #55
    Titan in the Playground

Zarina

Zarina checks the bag reporting the contents before dropping the bag down to the others. [B]“nothing in there I need, but at least we have some potions to heal ailments should we meet something untoward a.”[/B

Lowering herself down as far as she can she goes to gently drop the last 8 ft or so landing gently. Then looking about she nods “I’m happy to leads us out. Follow me, if we walk in the inheritors light she will protect us.”

Show

If Take 10 will do it = 16 then do so, otherwise (1d20+6)[19]

Zarina
    Condition Panache 2/3

26. - Top - End - #56

PirateGuy

Larsaa doubles back to converse with the group after his brief reconnoiter.

"Good to have some rope. I brought wire! But you're all a bit too big.

Sounding like more snacks or spiders ahead - I might sneak past alone but not with the lady's bad leg and the double-big fellow. Think I'll lay some burny oil down in their path, light it up if they attack us, should give some cover for bowshots and maybe split them up if there's enough to outnumber us. Any of you got magic fire? In a bottle or from your fingers? Or will my tindertwig need to do it?"

27. - Top - End - #57
    Ogre in the Playground

- I cannot cast magical fire - answered simply Arakiel.

Polter.pl RPG editor

My long signature

28. - Top - End - #58

PirateGuy

Not EVEN a problem friend! Tindertwigs I trust! Now, anybody with a bow and good dark sight get ready to start shooting, maybe the arrows chase 'em off, maybe I light up a good blaze in their trail if they don't!"

He stealthily heads back down the North tunnel again ahead of the group, as close to the insectile sounds as he feels safe in getting, a vial of oil in his hand ready to create a fiery roadblock.

29. - Top - End - #59
    Titan in the Playground

"Thank for the assistance, Mallory was it?" He takes the hand to walk, " You know, I used to be called Fastball Aravie, a nickname because I used to quick on my feet in casting spells. Back when I could see you see. "

He rubs his beard with his other hand, " Now back then I'd carry a turnip on my belt, it was the fashion back in the day when I was younger. Oh, how I could go for some belt turnip right now, it would really hit the spot. Now, Sam, code name, can't be revealing all my secrets, I say Sam, how was my belt. We used to all carry turnips, but mine was the prized turnip looking best, Prestigidation to keep it clean and colored just right. He would say the best turnip he'd ever seen.
    Now what was I talking about?
    Oh, right, he'd say Fastball Aravie, still mastering the conjuration spells, and I'd beam as they were my specialty. But it isn't easy to control a summon without my eyes sadly."

Horgus rolls his eyes, " This is what I had to deal with till you guys came to save us."

The group maneuvers on ahead, peering carefully down the north-eastern tunnel. It's somewhat difficult to manevuer through the small area, especially for Aravashnial as he's guided by Mallory. After a very short distance, the tunnel opens back up into a smaller cavern than the one you came from. It appears to have once served as a campsite or temporary lair. A torn bedroll lies next to the cold remains of a fire. A trash-heap of bones, broken equipment, and rubble lies just past the campsite. Another tunnel exits the room on the opposite end. The chittering noise is clearly coming from the trash-heap, which moves a bit as something crawls within it.

Everyone roll Init
    Enemies: (1d20+1)[8]

Map:
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...WmQ/edit#gid=0

Hopefully I worked out settings so it is viewable.

30. - Top - End - #60

BlueWizardGirl

Init: (1d20+1)[14]