New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Default Re: Starbuck's Pathfinder- Wrath of the Righteous IC

Melisandre slings her bow over her shoulder, hands working as she pours a few vials together into a ceramic bottle that she holds carefully, watching ahead attentively as she tries to follow her kobold companion in the dark, alert for anything that might rush out of the dark.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Melisandre has a bomb readied for the first round.

2. - Top - End - #62

PirateGuy

After readying an oil trap, Larsaa gets his bow and a tindertwig ready, though perhaps not as quickly as he'd have liked to boast...

Spoiler
    Show
    Assuming the oil takes my 'surprise' round, and my initiative was... bad

3. - Top - End - #63
    Ogre in the Playground

Arakiel was just holding his weapon in his steady grip, ready for whatever might attack them the next time.
    LGBTinP 🏳️*🌈, Furry 🐾, European 🇪🇺 & Schizophreniac ♿, possibly a Weirdo 😜
    Fursona by Sirodbcollie from Twitter

Polter.pl RPG editor

My long signature

4. - Top - End - #64
    Titan in the Playground

Suddenly four cockroaches jump out by the garbage pile, but luckily they rolled low on init so they are slow to react to your team.

Larsaa lays down some oil, Arakiel gets their weapon out, Melisandre prepares a bomb, and the injured members ready their weapons as well.

PCs except Larsaa go first then Cockroaches then Larsaa.

Map: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...WmQ/edit#gid=0

Where are you guys on map?

5. - Top - End - #65

Melisandre whips her bomb at the cockroaches, hopefully giving time for Larsaa to light his trap.

Show

Melisandre is standing on I-11 and throws a bomb at the cockroach C3

Touch attack (2nd range increment) - (1d20+1)[21]
    Damage: (1d6+4)[5]

Scatter if missed: (1d8)[6]

Splash damage: 5, Reflex DC14

6. - Top - End - #66

Spoiler=Crit Confirmation]
    Confirmation : (1d20+1)[17]
    Damage : (1d6+4)[9][/spoiler]

7. - Top - End - #67
    Ogre in the Playground

HalflingRogueGirl

Mallory, standing just a little ahead of Melisandre, tells Aravashnial quietly, "Trouble ahead - stay up against the wall here." Mallory knows it may be a tough shot but he draws one of his kunai and flings it towards the large bugs.

Spoiler: OOC - ranged attack
    Show
    Mallory's in the J11 square on the map. Kunai is (1d20)[14] (+2 AB, -2 range) to hit for (1d4+2)[4] piercing damage against cockroach C3.
    "The words are all around but the words are only sounds, and no one ever seems to listen.
    Instead, they'll say, 'How could we have known?'" - Jack Johnson
    Currently playing as:
    Polina, Goliath Drakewarden
    And a Heroforge link for her:
    Polina Gibson

8. - Top - End - #68
    Bugbear in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

With a sigh, Rozalinda lifts her hand and points at a cockroach and lets loose another beam of frost in its direction.

Spoiler
    Show
    Roze is in - I honestly have no idea where anything is in relation to anything on this map. Firing off another ray of frost at one of the cockroaches.
    Attack: (1d20+1)[2]
    Damage: (1d3+3)[4]
    -Been forgetting to add my VMC Wizard School power of Intense Spells, derp. Wait, no, that's not valid til level 7, whoops, should be 1d3+2.
    Last edited by RelentlessImp; 2023-05-17 at 07:31 PM.
    Now if you don't mind, I am somewhat preoccupied telling the laws of physics to shut up and sit down.
    I cast irresistable phantasmal killer as a 4th level spell. No save, just die.

9. - Top - End - #69
    Ogre in the Playground

Arakiel took a swing with his weapon at the closest cockroach, but missed miserably.

Polter.pl RPG editor

My long signature

10. - Top - End - #70
    Titan in the Playground

Melisandre's burns the roaches, but Mallory's Kunai sealed the deal and C3 is dead.
    Aravashnial and Roze both fire rays of frost but both go wild (Aravashnial's excuse is he just firing blindly)

The rest of the roaches attack, Horgus is in total defensive mode with sword out, and Anevia fires an arrow C 1 downing a roach but only after it bite Arakiel
    Spoiler
    Show

C1 vs Arakiel (1d20+1)[18] Dam - (1d4)[2]
    C 2 vs Mallory (1d20+1)[3] Dam - (1d4)[3]
    c 4 vs Melisandre (1d20+1)[20] Dam - (1d4)[3]

Anevia (1d20+5)[14] Dam - (1d6)[3]

Larsaa's up

11. - Top - End - #71

PirateGuy

Larsaa puts the finishing touches on his oil patch, then looks up, having missed in his focused kobold trap-making state that his allies had all run past him and are fighting the bugs rather loudly on the other side. His toothy kobold jaw hangs open a moment.

He pauses briefly, trying to scrape a little oil back into the empty vial with his claw. Such a waste! It can't end like this! No... it's hopeless.

With a rather pathetic koboldy roar of rage he waddle-charges forward to slug one of the cursed beetles across the mandible!

(1d20+4)[19]
    (1d3+3)[4]

12. - Top - End - #72
    Ogre in the Playground

HalflingRogueGirl

Mallory suddenly finds himself surrounded by annoying bugs, though thankfully he does a little jig of disgust and successfully dodges their snapping jaws. "Eww. Ew ew ew."

Fighting somewhat defensively, he works in a rapier stab vs the bug who'd bit Arakiel. It's hard to get his buckler down low enough to be effective but he tries gamely to fend off the cockroaches.

Spoiler: OOC - Combat Expertise, flanking with Arakiel and Melisandre, and attack
    Show
    His AC is 16 this round up from 15. He'll 5'-step to space N9 so that he's also flanking the two cockroaches. Rapier vs. the C4 closer to Arakiel: (1d20+4)[21] for (1d6+2)[6] piercing damage.
    "The words are all around but the words are only sounds, and no one ever seems to listen.
    Instead, they'll say, 'How could we have known?'" - Jack Johnson
    Currently playing as:
    Polina, Goliath Drakewarden
    And a Heroforge link for her:
    Polina Gibson

13. - Top - End - #73
    Titan in the Playground

]Zarina

Zarina’s face crinkles in disgust at the massive dog sized bugs before she darts forward pushing past Horgus to protect the rotund nobleman. She slashes out with her blade seeking to slice it in half.

Show

Attack (1d20+5)[24] dam (1d8+4)[5]

Zarina
    Female CG Azatatouched (Aasimar) Swashbuckler , Level 1, Init 4, HP 11/11, Speed
    AC 18, Touch 14, Flat-footed 14, CMD 16, Fort 1, Ref 6, Will 0, CMB +2, Base Attack Bonus 1
    Finesse Longsword +6 (1d8+4, 19-20)
    Finesse Dagger +5 (1d4+1, 19-20)
    Chain Shirt (+4 Armor, +4 Dex)
    Abilities Str 13, Dex 18, Con 12, Int 10, Wis 10, Cha 16
    Condition Panache 2/3
    Thanks to Emperor Ing for the nice Avatar

14. - Top - End - #74
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler: Threat
    Show

(1d20+5)[14] dam (1d8+4)[5]

15. - Top - End - #75
    Titan in the Playground

Larsaa puts an end to C 4 with a massive punch, while Mallory ends C 2 with a twirling of his rapier stab at same time while Zarina slashes at it, pieces of the roach sent everywhere.

The threat is over.

Everyone gets 134 XP from the battle.

This smaller cavern appears to have once served as a campsite or temporary lair. A torn bedroll lies next to the cold remains of
    a fire. A pile of bones, 3 candle stubs (burn for 30 minutes), bent fish hook, 10 ft badly freyed hemp rope, and rubble lies just
    past the campsite. Another tunnel exits the room on the opposite end, it looks like it continues for a while.

Horgus, " Nasty bugs, well, guess we will have to continue on. At least we won't have to cook them since your bomb already did"

The pile of trash the cockroaches emerged fromgives off a rancid scent, particularly up close.

Prception DC 15
    Spoiler
    Show

copper brooch displaying bat perched on a mushroom, eyes are tiny amethysts

16. - Top - End - #76

Melisandre grimaces as she gingerly puts weight on her injured leg before deciding the wound is worth using one of her extracts. The healing liquid burns a little as it goes down, but deals with the wound.

Distracted by caring for her wounds, she misses the glint in the trash pile, instead smiling shakily at Horgus. ”I wouldn’t try cockroach. Filthy creatures, not even fit to eat.”

Show
    Extract - Cure Light Wounds - (1d8+1)[3]

17. - Top - End - #77
    Ogre in the Playground

- I also wouldn't eat them - said Arakiel, completely oblivious to whatever was hidden in the room - Is somebody seriously hurt? I have one more healing spell in store... - he mentioned, ignoring his minor wound.

Polter.pl RPG editor

My long signature

18. - Top - End - #78

PirateGuy

Larsaa eats the cockroaches a little more surreptitiously and quietly than the worms... it's apparently frowned on here and he wants to make a good impression.

After a moment's thinking, he takes the torn bedroll and further rips it to pieces, using the scrap cloth to soak up his spilled flammable oil as best as possible, hopefully enough for a few flaming arrows or torches. No sense letting it all go to waste...

(craft:bows if necessary - or traps or alchemy at the same bonus) (1d20+8)[11]

19. - Top - End - #79
    Ogre in the Playground

Seeing Larsaa eating the cockroaches, Arakiel raised his finger and opened mouth as if wanting to say something. Apparently, he thought better off it, cause he just shook his head after an awkward moment of silence.

Polter.pl RPG editor

My long signature

20. - Top - End - #80

BlueWizardGirl

"I'll be honest, considering what's going on up above, I fully expected worse than bugs," Roze states as she tugs her bag more comfortably onto her shoulder.
    Now if you don't mind, I am somewhat preoccupied telling the laws of physics to shut up and sit down.

21. - Top - End - #81

PirateGuy

"Be grateful! Quite homey down here really, no dragon-eaters or... lightning, there's food... I don't suppose I'd be a great crusader staying put though, let's see what's ahead!"

22. - Top - End - #82
    Titan in the Playground

Anevia just gives Larsaa a look, bugs really., "Well was it worth it?"

"Funny you mean that Larsaa, you do know of the first crusade, yeah?" says Horgus, he continued, " During the First Crusade, many unknowingly exposed themselves to fell energies and nightmarish radiations. In the years that followed, a shocking number of children born to the crusaders were freaks. Many of these unfortunates were put to death by overzealous inquisitors or even fellow crusaders thinking they were demons, but some parents led underground to raise their children."

He says this as you all walk forward toward next passage that seems to weave and flow like a snake. It may be an hour before they reach any where significant.

"Some call them mole people like the old folk tales, but I am fond of the name mongrels. Not that they all untrustworthy, they just don't have the rules of civility like us. But we may encounter them. Be on guard. They look just like just but a random part of the body is off. Like instead of a hand, they might have a lobster claw or eagle talon. Imagine wiping with that problem *he laughs* "

Anevia, " I can't counter your claim, but since they are descended from crusaders, we should be honored by their presence not revile their looks".

Horgus just shrugs.

Eventually, after that hours travel, you arrive to a further path and a side room that seems to be filled with teal light:

A single sizable 20-foot-tall building remains in the center of this 30-foot-high cave, a bunkerlike structure with no windows
    and walls of worked stone blocks. A 10-foot-long carving of a hammer decorates the building’s facade. The ruins of collapsed
    outbuildings stand to either side.

The green light seems to emanate from a species of mushroom covering the walls through chemosynthesis.

A successful DC 10 Knowledge (religion) check
    Spoiler
    Show

Reveals the symbol on the building as that of Torag.

23. - Top - End - #83

PirateGuy

(1d20+10)[14]

Larsaa will hold a claw to his jaws for quiet, and stealthily try to look inside the building.

24. - Top - End - #84
    Titan in the Playground

Zarina

The long walk had seemed oppressive to the young aasimar Even her halo dimming slightly as her thoughts dwelled on what may be happening up on the surface. She was quiet and stayed near the front of the group as they marched through the tunnels, barely raising a smile at the conversation. As they walked she did take her turn helping Arivishnal along, the poor blinded elf, slow and stumbling.

As the building hoves into view she pauses and listens carefully before scurrying forward with Larsaa trying to peek inside through a crack in the wall

Show

Stealth (1d20+5)[15]
    Perception (1d20+4)[16]

Zarina
    Female CG Azatatouched (Aasimar) Swashbuckler , Level 1, Init 4, HP 11/11, Speed
    AC 18, Touch 14, Flat-footed 14, CMD 16, Fort 1, Ref 6, Will 0, CMB +2, Base Attack Bonus 1
    Finesse Longsword +6 (1d8+4, 19-20)
    Finesse Dagger +5 (1d4+1, 19-20)
    Chain Shirt (+4 Armor, +4 Dex)
    Abilities Str 13, Dex 18, Con 12, Int 10, Wis 10, Cha 16
    Condition Panache 2/3
    [/QUOTE]

25. - Top - End - #85
    Ogre in the Playground

Arakiel was quiet the whole time. Secretly, he was afraid there would be no way out of these dungeons, but he kept those nasty thoughts for himself. He didn't want to panic, or to poison the mood of his companions.

When they encountered the building, he held his weapon more steady. He wasn't any good when it came to stealth, so he just waited at the ready for his friends to return.

Polter.pl RPG editor

My long signature

26. - Top - End - #86

BlueWizardGirl

Roze lifts a brow at the light emanating from the room, stepping towards the entryway. "Nothing evil is teal," the mage says calmly as she strides towards the entryway.

27. - Top - End - #87
    Ogre in the Playground

Since the mage was following, so did Arakiel. After all, he was much more better prepared for an eventual fight than she was. Still, he tried to be as quiet and stealthy as he could.

Polter.pl RPG editor

My long signature

28. - Top - End - #88

PirateGuy

"Nothing evil is teal any longer, you mean, you have me to thank for that! Real jerk that Krobussh, acting like his fancy scales made him Dahak on high."

Stealth apparently abandoned Larsaa hangs back a bit to support his friends with his bow if needed.

29. - Top - End - #89
    Titan in the Playground

Arivishnal smiling replies, "Are we near the surface, I feel a glow has appeared. " says as they group sees the glow from some mushrooms.

Through the cracks, Larsaa and Zarina see movement, two beings moving around one in the dark, the other seemingly carrying its own light though dimmer.

Roze and Arakiel throw caution to the wind and enter by the entrance. You see a stone bench lines the southern wall of this chamber. At the
    far side of the room, a basin of water sits atop a stone pedestal. A stone door engraved with an image of a hammer stands to the north.

What you also see is two giant insectoids about Larsaa's size flying right at them

Roll Init
    2 Fly Init - (1d20+3)[19]

Map: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...WmQ/edit#gid=0

30. - Top - End - #90
    Ogre in the Playground

Arakiel swore under his breath. Insects, again! This time flying ones! He felt somewhat angry - all the people above fought with beings from lower planes, and then here he was, attacking big flies! He took a stance, weapon ready in his hand, to strike at the moment a fly would come closer.
    Last edited by Kaworu; 2023-05-30 at 04:54 PM.

Polter.pl RPG editor

My long signature