New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Starbuck's Pathfinder- Wrath of the Righteous IC

Larsaa opens the door with a very noisy creak, inside a noise echoes outward, "Will you lot keep it down as I pray to the great inevitable Deskari!"

Broken stone benches line this narrow room. The air is cold and stale, and thick layers of dust cover the floor, benches, and a
    large altar at the far end of the room.

The shrine’s priest dwells here still, seated on one of the benches facing the altar, his back to the PCs. There are numerous insects pinned to the walls, dead, blood leaking out of them.

"Once, I worshipped Torag, but he has abandoned me so I seeked the truth. Bugs, they are eternal, now matter what they will remain. Go away, submit, or be destroyed, this is your only warning."

If you choose to attack, you have surprise rd before rolling initiative, but you may parley (try at least) or close the door, your choice.

2. - Top - End - #122
    Titan in the Playground

Zarina

Zarina scowls at the mention of bugs and deskari. She strides towards the dwarf, "Your filth have defiled the city above. You have defiled the Temple of the forgefather. TUrn and face your doom." She holds out her blade ready to step forward to strike when this fool of a dwarf turns to face her. Even with his apparent evil she couldn't strike him down without giving him fair warning.
    Thanks to Emperor Ing for the nice Avatar

3. - Top - End - #123
    Barbarian in the Playground

PirateGuy

"Is this really-truly a job for a blade? This dwarf could have been your companion, he simply lost hope! Anevia lost hope without us chopping her! Perhaps instead of your doom, friend dwarf, you should see hope in your heart again! Help is here, and a fellow friend of Torag - this Deskari is not!"

4. - Top - End - #124
    Ogre in the Playground

Arakiel just hold his weapon - personally, he did not believe in any "hope" for the evil priest, but didn't want to argue either.
    LGBTinP 🏳️*🌈, Furry 🐾, European 🇪🇺 & Schizophreniac ♿, possibly a Weirdo 😜
    Fursona by Sirodbcollie from Twitter

Polter.pl RPG editor

My long signature

5. - Top - End - #125
    Titan in the Playground

The old priest turns his head and slowly his body, his arm holding a jeweled Warhammer, "Why should I trust Torag again? I worked for years carefully crafting this temple to him. I just wanted him to appear and say, 'Good job, Hectorium", but nothing. I defending this temple from demons, bugs, and raiders for more years. Slowly I just decided he was abandoned me so I abandoned him."

His face is gaunt and sullen, his eyes are mirky and grim, looking at Zarina, "With that Torag finally noticed me by taking my powers. This temple is now my duty and grave, so I figure if I get recognized by Deskari he will empower me and give me purpose again.
    Why do you persecute me?
    "

6. - Top - End - #126
    Ogre in the Playground

- What you say is wrong - said Arakiel simply. He didn't want to go into a dispute with him, but told him what he thought was true. He was still ready to attack, but didn't want to strike first.

Polter.pl RPG editor

My long signature

7. - Top - End - #127
    Titan in the Playground

" What Arakiel says is right, " replies Anevia," you expected too much of Torag, he has thousands of followers. He probably didn't even notice till he stopped feeling your worship. You got scared and angry so you stopped worship. But that didn't help now you feel no divine power. Just a stupid pity party. You were scared."

"I... was scared. I lost wrong as that kobold said... But what good would it do to return... Would Torag even accept me after I ruined this place with bug guts..." he looks to Larsaa, Zarina, and Arakiel for an answer.

8. - Top - End - #128

Melisandre looked around the temple before shrugging to the old priest. "Torag is the called the Father of Dwarves, isn't he? I'm guessing like a stern Dad, he's disappointed with the mess you made, but he still loves you. Cleaning the temple will take a lot of work, but he'll feel your dedication when you make things right."

The tiefling is surprised that they talked the old dwarf down, but he looks to be more in the grips of despair than a dedicated demon cultist.

9. - Top - End - #129
    Ogre in the Playground

HalflingRogueGirl

Mallory also expresses surprise. "You're making the right choice here."
    "The words are all around but the words are only sounds, and no one ever seems to listen.
    Instead, they'll say, 'How could we have known?'" - Jack Johnson
    Currently playing as:
    Polina, Goliath Drakewarden
    And a Heroforge link for her:
    Polina Gibson

10. - Top - End - #130
    Ogre in the Playground

- Hm... - Arakiel was thinking aloud, being in kinda thoughtful mood - I really do not know. But... I am a person of faith too. And I believe not only in my god, but also in some... general principles, you could say? I think the concept of forgiveness is one of them. Among other things, which are equally important.

Maybe you could say a prayer and try to find out? - he tried to smile, hoping his face war working alright. He felt kinda... awkward?

Polter.pl RPG editor

My long signature

11. - Top - End - #131
    Titan in the Playground

"Appreciate that, I'll try. If you ever need me, I'll be here guarding the shrine. Here is a potion for you each to stay healthy. I'll try to clean up the bugs in time."
    He hands you each a potion of healing then goes back to his shrine praying.

The group decides to rest a few hours. The trio gets out some food to eat, well Arivishnal waits as other hand him food. Horgus has resigned to resting so might as well eat.
    Spoiler
    Show

If you are helping him clean, let me know.

12. - Top - End - #132

PirateGuy

Larsaa will certainly help with the cleaning! He's pretty full already but it wouldn't do for it to all go to waste, so he'll stuff some of the bugs in his pack, a couple in his mouth and maybe burn the rest of the mess if the dwarf has no plans of his own for it.

13. - Top - End - #133
    Ogre in the Playground

HalflingRogueGirl

Mallory will help with the cleaning - especially as an elf, he's never one to want to bed-down in a messy place. He'll also glance around with Detect Magic before settling in, just in case we've missed something here.

He'll volunteer for a watch shift also, though underground it'll be easy to lose track of time. He takes out some parchment and an inkpen and writes what appear to be some diary-like notes about the day while there's still torchlight.
    "The words are all around but the words are only sounds, and no one ever seems to listen.
    Currently playing as:
    Polina Gibson

14. - Top - End - #134
    Ogre in the Playground

Arakiel also wasn't above helping, especially since there were a matters of religious faith we were talking about. Also, he wanted to keep an eye on that priests just in case, but he doubted he would do anything icky.

Polter.pl RPG editor

My long signature

15. - Top - End - #135
    Titan in the Playground

You team rests and cleans the temple, returning it to its former glory.

You feel the god's smiling because you suddenly all feel blessed by them. They are pleased you un-desecrated once Torag's holy chapel.

Spoiler
    Show

You all gain effects of bless spell for 24 hours and each gain 100 XP. And we can count that as light resting for regaining spells/1 hp/LV per day.

Hectorium greets you after cleaning, "I don't have anything left but my offer to call on me if you ever need me."

Horgus, "Yes, we will do that. Come on team, I want out of this cavern of horrors."

Taking over an hour of travel back down the path, you come to an area that is covered in cave paintings and carved stone figures.
    These Stone figures are carved into the walls of this cavern. Each depicts a different crusader clad in armor and wielding weapons, but their carved stone features contain expressions of sadness.

DC 15 History
    Spoiler
    Show

An examination of the armor portrayed on the statues and successful DC 15 Knowledge (history) check indicates that the soldiers depicted were from the First Crusade

You aren't sure, but there is some thing making light in a hole in the wall (could be more fungi, fire, or something else), 60 feet away.

16. - Top - End - #136

The tiefling is surprised when she feels a warm glow of divine approval pass through her after the party helps clean the chapel. "I expected divine approval to be more abstract than practical here. Either way, thanks, Nethys." she murmurs.

Once the party moves out and arrives at an area filled with statues, Melisandre readies her bow. "I see some lights ahead. No way to tell if they're natural, cultivated or artificial." she whispers to the others.

17. - Top - End - #137
    Ogre in the Playground

- It could be enemies - said Arakiel cautiously - Or maybe way forward. Let's come on, but carefully, shan't we? - he proposed.

Polter.pl RPG editor

My long signature

18. - Top - End - #138

PirateGuy

Larsaa, being blessed with darkvision out to about 60 feet himself, squints to see if he can't make out what might be shedding this glow.

(1d20+3)[6] Perception

19. - Top - End - #139
    Titan in the Playground

Zarina

Zarina had helped clean the temple, still surprised at the Dwarf's change in mind. As they got ready to leave she approached the old dwarf and knelt down to be face to face with him and offers a hand. "I am sorry. I forgot the tenants of my own faith that forgiveness can never be overlooked. I am glad you have turned away from the Locust Lord and gone back to the Dwarf Father. I wish you well." With a brief shake of the hand and nod of the head she rejoins the other.

Walking her natural halo flares and flickers keeping a steady light s she keeps a hand on the hilt of her longsword and spends much of the walk speaking and assisting the limping Aneiva. "So Aneiva, what did you do before falling down here with us? You said you were a scout did you?".. Though the conversation fades as she sees the cavern, the light and the frescoes. Advancing she has a look to see if she can recall what they are

Know (history) (1d20+4)[19]
    Thanks to Emperor Ing for the nice Avatar

20. - Top - End - #140
    Titan in the Playground

"I appreciate the assistance all this way, you didn't need do so, I would be slower but eventually I'd catch up", Anevia gives a small bow.

"Err, yes, 'ell, I was once a treasure hunter one could say, I've been around a few tombs. Lately, I've joined the war effort with the Eagle Watch, my new team. We have a few of my old adventurer teammates in the group, which is good because that makes it more relaxing, they get my inside jokes, but the few, well... they have sticky fingers and I had bail them out of jail. But they do good spy work so they are needed."

As you near the pathway to light and see the strange figures, "my order is from Andoran, knights there are usually more about freeing slavery, but they felt that the greater threat to freedom wasn’t Andoran’s clashes with Cheliax, but rather the Abyssal rift spitting demons into world. Demons bad you see.", she says with a wink

Larsaa
    Spoiler
    Show

You can barely see a camp-fire ahead along with what you think is a bedroll along with a stone table. However, you are too far for anyone to see like whether there are people, traps, or monsters waiting.

21. - Top - End - #141
    Ogre in the Playground

- To the brave belongs the world - Arakiel translated literally a saying from Celestial into Common, and then went forward - Who are you? A friend or a foe? We come in peace - he accounced himself and his companions.

Polter.pl RPG editor

My long signature

22. - Top - End - #142

PirateGuy

Larsaa will quietly work his way closer to the campfire, trying to keep out of sight, despite being unsure whether any opposition lies ahead or not yet.

(1d20+10)[19] Stealth

23. - Top - End - #143
    Titan in the Playground

Map: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...WmQ/edit#gid=0

Sadly, Larsaa was spotted by something as a mini black mass pound and try to grab him. To Larsaa, it looks like a hideous octopus, its thin, hook-lined tentacles connected by a fleshy web but it flies somehow not swims. Its tentacles seem to squeeze him tight like an anaconda to tenderize him before devouring him.

Combat begins: roll Init, surprise round over
    Spoiler
    Show

Slam - (1d20+3)[17] dam - (1d4)[1]
    If hits, grappled (1d20+5)[22] constrict - (1d4+4)[5]

Init - (1d20+6)[11]

24. - Top - End - #144
    Ogre in the Playground

- Damn - Arakiel sweared under his breath, and then ran towards Larsaa, with his weapon at the ready, so he could attack the... octopussy-thingy?
    Last edited by Kaworu; 2023-07-20 at 04:32 AM.

Polter.pl RPG editor

My long signature

25. - Top - End - #145

PirateGuy

"OW! OOOOOOOOOW! Get it oooooff!"

Larsaa is very hurt!

(1d20+2)[10] Init

26. - Top - End - #146
    Titan in the Playground

Init Order:
    Mallory
    NPCs
    Octopus thingy
    rest of PCs

Horgus draws his blade and moves closer, can't let the little guy die on his watch.

Anevia shoots an arrow hoping to kill it

Waiting for Malory
    Spoiler
    Show

attack - (1d20+5)[19]

Dam - (1d6+3)[6]

27. - Top - End - #147
    Ogre in the Playground

HalflingRogueGirl

Mallory steps up and attempts to poke at the thing that jumped on Larsaa.

Spoiler: OOC - rolls
    Show
    (1d20+2)[13] for (1d6+2)[7] piercing damage. Sorry to keep you waiting!
    Currently playing as:
    Polina Gibson

28. - Top - End - #148
    Titan in the Playground

Map: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...WmQ/edit#gid=0

(Sorry for delay, it has been hectic. My mom is still recovering from her heart surgery [taking some of my time taking care of her], and now dad fell at PX. He was stubborn and not taking his medicine, in hospital IVing his medicine; so I've not been on much)

The Octopus-like thing drops Larsaa after being poked turns jet black (for those with darkvision, those without it appears as if the light spell has shut off and it is invisible) those than can still see it see its dripping blood from its gashes and slashes as it flies away to hide in ceiling but suddenly, another octopuses slams down on Mallory from the sky. Horgus swipes at it with an AOO but to no avail, missing it.

Assuming creature 2 hits Mallory, it wraps its tentacles around the her.

Mallory may make an AOO on either creature (since she has one, she must choose).

Spoiler
    Show

Attk - (1d20+3)[11]
    Dam - (1d4)[3]
    Grapple - (1d20+5)[10]

Other PCs turn

Then Round 2

29. - Top - End - #149
    Ogre in the Playground

HalflingRogueGirl

Mallory takes a stab at the descending inky creature before it hits him. He sidesteps at just the last minute and it thankfully doesn't grab him.

Spoiler: OOC - rapier AoO
    Show
    (1d20+2)[14] for (1d6+2)[5]

30. - Top - End - #150

Melisandre mixes something together and drinks it down, face twisting in disgust as she swishes it in her mouth for a moment before spitting it out at the flying monster that was failing to hide itself from her darkvision. The [Adhesive Spittle] flies through the air unnaturally and splatters across the thing's wings, hardening and interfering with their movement.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show

Melisandre casts Adhesive Spittle on the flying invisible enemy. The ability auto-hits, and acts as a tanglefoot bag with a DC 15.

The flyer has to pass a DC 15 Reflex check or lose flight and fall to the ground.

While the Adhesive Spittle is active, it has a -2 penalty on attack rolls and a -4 penalty to Dexterity (so also -2 AC)

Breaking free is a DC 15 Strength check or by dealing 15 damage to the goo with a slashing weapon. Even if free, movement/flight is half speed.

The effect lasts for (2d4)[7] rounds.