New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Starbuck's Pathfinder- Wrath of the Righteous IC

Arakiel rushed at the thing that Melisandre attacked. It was weakened, and so it was the most obvious target.

Spoiler
    Show

Attack Roll: (1d20+3)[17]

(Potential) damage: (1d8+2)[5]

LGBTinP 🏳️*🌈, Furry 🐾, European 🇪🇺 & Schizophreniac ♿, possibly a Weirdo 😜
    Fursona by Sirodbcollie from Twitter

Polter.pl RPG editor

My long signature

2. - Top - End - #152
    Titan in the Playground

As one creature escapes, the other attacks, Mallory decides to stab this one. Wounding not killing tho, but it fails to hut her.

Melisandre covers the escaping one with a thick resin, (1d20+3)[17] failing this save it falls back to the ground, if falls damaged (2d6)[5]

But it succeeds and maintains flight, 20 ft in air.

Arakiel tries to finish off the creature off one that attacked Mallory (can't reach the flying one). Killing it.

The wounded one slowly tries to flee the area fearing for its life (slowly). You can chase it or not/sling arrows as you wish tho. It learned you aren't an easy kill for lunch.

Everyone gets 80 each

"What is that racket out there?!" A voice from within the passage says.

3. - Top - End - #153
    Ogre in the Playground

- We have been attacked - Arakiel shouted back to the invisible yet person - Are you a friend or a foe? Please, show yourself.

Polter.pl RPG editor

My long signature

4. - Top - End - #154
    Barbarian in the Playground

PirateGuy

Larsaa slowly, nervously, opens his eyes now the monster seems to be gone, but it might be a little bit before he volunteers to go first again!

5. - Top - End - #155

The tiefling releases a slow breath as the second creature flounders away from the group. While she keeps an arrow ready on her bowstring - especially with yet another stranger calling out to them - she doesn't feel the need to kill the underground predator. Instead she goes and checks on the shaken kobold, brushing his clothes off. "You look to be fine at least. Something of a turn around for them to try to eat you instead of the other way around, isn't it?"

6. - Top - End - #156
    Ogre in the Playground

The corners of Arakiel mouths moved a little, as he heard about Larsaa being eaten "for a change" or something. He coughed to hide his amusement, but then looked again in the direction of an unknown voice, full of resolution.

Polter.pl RPG editor

My long signature

7. - Top - End - #157
    Titan in the Playground

"Well, that depends on your reasons for being near my home," out comes a stocky auburn bearded dwarf. It's hair wild and unkempt. Bits of mushroom and meat bits stuck in the beard.
    He has a crossbow on his back and long dark cloak.
    His eyes scan the area, he sees the dead octopus thing, "Bring that thing inside, I have a stew that would go great with it. Oh, I have some tea on the stove, anyone want a cup?"

Arivishnal perks up, "Milthrone, is that you? "

"Arivishnal? Haven't seen you in ages.", he chuckles.

"What are you doing down here? "

"Was banished years ago, I warned them that the fabric of reality around the wardstones was breaking down and demons would pour in. They decided I was insane, but I'll prove them wrong one day"

8. - Top - End - #158

Having met another (apparently friendly) dwarf, Melisandre relaxes and puts her weapons away, helping the kobold forward towards the offer of food and tea. "Tea? That sounds lovely." she says fervently. "And given that demons are rampaging through Kenabras and the Wardstone is doing nothing at all to stop them, I suspect you might be given a second hearing, Mister Milthrone."

9. - Top - End - #159
    Ogre in the Playground

- Yup, it seems your predictions happened to us all - Arakiel admitted - And we, of course, would appreciate some tea. However, we are also looking for a way upward. Do you know anything about it? - he asked.

Polter.pl RPG editor

My long signature

10. - Top - End - #160
    Titan in the Playground

Your party comes inside to the cave, he has it set up nice with a makeshift kettle over a campfire. Nearby one chiseled table of stone is some stone teacups.
    A bedroll in one corner. On display on a makeshift shelf is 6 inch tall marvel statuette of humanoid throwing a spear.

"Sorry for the mess, I don't usually get visitors. Those Dark Mantles sell pretty good, glad you got one. They taste great too." gesturing at the flying octopus thing.

Anevia after taking a sip of tea, "Are you sure that you just spouting about demons breaking through? Seems rather extreme to banish you"

"Well, I may have proven it true by experiments...But you can't make an omelet without breaking a few eggs.
    They never would have believed me otherwise.
    They said I was dangerous and mentally ill, but thanks to you, I was proven right."
    he says while cackling.

Horgus spits out some tea back into his cup laughing, " And this is why I can't wait to get back to the surface, everything underground is just wrong."

Milthrone turns to Arakiel, "Huh? Yeah, I think by that village up ahead might be a way, I usually trade with them for supplies. Honestly without those guys, I never would have survived. I'd wager it is about a 40 minute walk from here.
    "

11. - Top - End - #161
    Ogre in the Playground

- Thank you - said simply Arakiel - We will try, of course, to get you to the surface as well, now that the truth has been shown. If, of course, there are any survivors up here... - he had fallen silent.

Polter.pl RPG editor

My long signature

12. - Top - End - #162

PirateGuy

Larsaa pipes up after a period of nervous, slightly grossed-out silence from the earlier monster attack. "It's good to know there's safety down here below, though! If we do find survivors above, maybe space can be made down here. You said there was a whole village?

Let's continue to the surface then, to shepherd whoever's left to their nice snug new cavern homes!"

13. - Top - End - #163
    Titan in the Playground

With the knowledge of the nearby village, the group travels on toward the hole in the ceiling

"A steeply inclined tunnel leads upward to the north, its walls lined with numerous nooks, handholds, and dozens of iron pitons that have been driven into the walls long ago"

This shaft leads upward at a steep angle for 60 feet.
    The cracks, handholds, and pitons—placed here years ago—allow for a character to ascend the shaft almost as if a ladder were present.

Eveyone give me an easy DC 10 Climb (three tries)

14. - Top - End - #164
    Ogre in the Playground

HalflingRogueGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Starbuck_II View Post
    Everyone give me an easy DC 10 Climb (three tries)
    Mallory Wright takes a quick survey of the slope and then gives it a good try.

Spoiler: OOC - Climb
    Show
    (1d20+1)[21] or (1d20+1)[15] or (1d20+1)[21]

Spoiler: Mallory statblock
    Show
    Mallory Wright
    M CG Elf Inquisitor (Vigilant Defender), Level 1, Init 2, HP 8/8, Speed 30
    AC 16, Touch 13, Flat-footed 13, CMD 15, Fort 2, Ref 2, Will 4, CMB +2, Base Attack Bonus 0, Action Points 1
    Finesse Rapier +2 (1d6+2, 18-20/x2)
    Close, Thrown Kunai (5) +2 (1d4+2, x2)
    Leather with thorns Rosewood Armor, Buckler (+2 Armor, +1 Shield, +2 Dex)
    Abilities Str 14, Dex 14, Con 10, Int 13, Wis 15, Cha 13
    Condition None
    Last edited by Archemist; 2024-02-04 at 07:28 PM.

15. - Top - End - #165

Melisandre helps settle the injured at the bottom of the shaft.

"It looks safe enough down here. Let us take a look around topside first, and then if someone has a rope we can loop it around under your arms and bring you up one by one. Still won't be pleasant with broken limbs, but it'll be doable." she says to them before taking a deep breath and starting the ascent. It's quickly obvious that she has no experience climbing, but she continues upward gamely.

Spoiler: Mechanics
    Show

Climbing #1 - (1d20)[8] vs DC 10
    Climbing #2 - (1d20)[19] vs DC 10
    Climbing #3 - (1d20)[5] vs DC 10

16. - Top - End - #166
    Ogre in the Playground

Arakiel did what he could to climb the slope.

Spoiler: Mechanics
    Show

(1d20+2)[3]
    (1d20+2)[15]
    (1d20+2)[13]

Polter.pl RPG editor

My long signature

17. - Top - End - #167

PirateGuy

Larsaa's not exactly the bravest, but it seems an easy enough slope... he gives a game effort.

"This kobold will help lots!"

(1d20+1)[18]
    (1d20+1)[11]
    (1d20+1)[16]

18. - Top - End - #168
    Titan in the Playground

As the group tries to climb, the area shakes, whether the area is still settling after the cave in or worse, you do not know.

Mallory climb like a pro, not missing a step. Melisandre's careful help of the injured members, causes her to almost lose her grip, but luckily she made it. Arakiel slips on a wet rock but catches himself and make it without further issue. Larsaa hops up there like it wasn't even a slope.

Anevia: I never thought such an easy task would be so difficult, but then I was never with such a sprain before.

Horgus: At least both your hands work, I had to climb with just one.

Arivishnal is helped by others as he slowly climbs very, very slowly. With proper coaching he makes it, just barely.

After a few minutes of walking, you can see a large tunnel with a broken tower in the distance.

The tunnel opens into a large cavern, about seventy feet across. Cylindrical rock formations along the walls arch up to make a domelike chamber, but the walls and floor are riddled with cracks. At the center of the cave, a stone tower that may once have reached the fifty-foot-high ceiling has collapsed onto its side.

19. - Top - End - #169

Melisandre finishes massaging her arms and looks around the large cave curiously, red eyes bright as she peers into the gloom towards the far walls. "I think its best if the injured stay here and we scout ahead. There are all sorts of cracks for creepy-crawlies to hide in, and someone went to a lot of effort to build that tower long ago."

20. - Top - End - #170
    Ogre in the Playground

HalflingRogueGirl

Mallory chimes in, "I can help scout ahead. I am curious what is in that tower."

21. - Top - End - #171
    Ogre in the Playground

- I can go too - said Arakiel - I am a powerful warrior, after all.

Polter.pl RPG editor

My long signature

22. - Top - End - #172
    Titan in the Playground

Anevia smiles then frowns, "While I would enjoy a little rest, it isn't easy limping all this way, I don't want to miss anything"

Horgus: *sigh* I'll watch the girl and the old man, go but don't forget us, we are so close to the town... we have to be. I haven't really bathed in a town in while. I miss the sensation.

Arivishnal still sees nothing, he assumed we stopping to rest and enjoys a nice seat. Pawing a few times to find a nice sturdy rock to sit on, he sits and relaxes.

Thoough, you are quite a distance, you can hear sounds of struggling and cries for help up near the tower. You can't make out exactly what is going on from the distance below.

23. - Top - End - #173
    Ogre in the Playground

Arakiel just moved faster towards the tower, guessing he and his weapons could be needed.

Polter.pl RPG editor

My long signature

24. - Top - End - #174

The tiefling hurries after, already getting the ingredients for a bomb together - so far they haven't run into anything that couldn't be helped with a healthy portion of explosives.

25. - Top - End - #175
    Titan in the Playground

When you move closer, you can see parts of the tower has collapsed and pirces of stonr are scattered scaroos the area. People or creatures, you can't be certain as you can see humaniod legs, but also lobster claws sticking out from underneath stone slabs.

In one large slab, you can see a being pinned, his two allies are trying to move it and screaming for help. That earthquake rumble earlier probably destabalized the tower.

The pinned man has goat legs and a scorpion tail, while the two alliws of his are a hunchbacked female with growths across her face that words are mumbled. While the tall man beside her has elf ears, ram horns, and half of his face lizard-like. The fingers in his hands end in raptor talons.

He turns noticing you:
    He greets the PCs in a raspy voice, speaking in strangely accented but quite eloquent Common, and asks your intentions. “Gentlemen, if intentions are ill, we ask you to move on and leave us in peace. If they are good, then perhaps you can help. As you can see, misfortune has befallen us.”

26. - Top - End - #176
    Ogre in the Playground

- Can we help you? What should we do?- quickly and simply asked Arakiel. In other circumstanced he would say his name and make a pleasant introduction, but this seemed urgent.
    Last edited by Kaworu; 2024-02-19 at 05:58 PM.

Polter.pl RPG editor

My long signature

27. - Top - End - #177

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Hi Lann. You're so awesome, Lann.

Melisandre leaves the others to confer about how best to free the unfortunate... tiefling? They certainly had mutations enough, far more then any of her fellow tieflings that she has examined in the past.

Putting her medical experience (however limited) to best use, she kneels by the trapped creature and starts examining the extent of his injuries. "Hey. How are you feeling? Can you feel your legs, feet, tail, and anything else under the slab?" she asks gently.

28. - Top - End - #178
    Titan in the Playground

Creel, the man stuck underneath cries out, "I can't feel my legs", dust flies around as he speaks, wheezing and coughng. Rumble all around him.

"Lann", replies the lizard-ish man, "I am called. We have two known options, others we would seek.
    First, we could try lifting. The more the merrier.
    Second, we could try digging a trench, that would give the slab more room to roll off. That would lower lifting required.
    "

As he speaks another mini quake causes dust to fall from surface and a stalactite to hit the ground somewhere in distance with a crash.

OOC
    Spoiler
    Show

One bomb could grant a +1d6 bonus to Lifting the slab by offsetting its weight through the explosion, but a roll of 6 results in the trapped man taking 1d6 bomb damage by rolling too close to the man.

Lifting the stone outright requires a DC 25 Str check. Up to 6 people (and now that party is temporily at 4, I'm recruiting soon, its at max), so you 4 and the two NPCs; can lift.

One person to make Strength check, the rest for aid another.

Alternatively, through digging and DC 15 Profession miner or DC 15 Know Engineering, with 10 minutes digging you can lower check required.
    However, if you fail either, rubble shifts and the stone block crushes Crel, dealing him 3d6+6 points of damage possibly killing him.

The Strength check is lowered to DC 16 though so.

A reminder, why you can attempt miner checks without ranks in it, you must have 1 rank in engineering to roll a knowledge check.

29. - Top - End - #179

Melisandre bites her lip with sharp teeth. ”That’s… not good. It’s possible you’re already dead, and the stone is the only thing keeping you from bleeding out. It’d be fast if that’s the case, but make peace with your deity before we try, yes?” she says honestly.

To the others, she gestures at the slab ”I’m no engineer, but I know my explosives. If I put a bomb under the far end, the blast will jolt that rock upwards. If most of us lift at the same time, one person can grab that fellow’s shoulders and pull him out before it lands again. It’ll be tight, though.”

30. - Top - End - #180
    Ogre in the Playground

- Hm... I don't know... - Arakiel seemed somehow worried - Maybe we should try lifting withot the bombs?

Polter.pl RPG editor

My long signature