New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 18 of 46 FirstFirst ... 891011121314151617181920212223242526272843 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #511
    Orc in the Playground

Flumph

Default Re: Order of the Stick Trivia XXIV: What do I need a twenty for, anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Miel View Post
    Does it? Are you sure there aren't any other paranoid redheads in the story?
    (Beyonce meme voice) GIRARD DRAKETOOOTH??
    >>softly open our mouths in the cold

2. - Top - End - #512
    Bugbear in the Playground

BardGuy

Default Re: Order of the Stick Trivia XXIV: What do I need a twenty for, anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Miel View Post
    Does it? Are you sure there aren't any other paranoid redheads in the story?
    Now that you mention it, I'm not sure there are any non-paranoid redheads in the story. Other than Penelope. No, that wasn't an attempt at an answer.
    I predict that Belkar will not die evil.

Typically editing my trivia questions to add hints approximately 12, 24 and 36 hours after posting them.

3. - Top - End - #513
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ruck View Post
    This question and line of conversation has me wondering if there's a redheaded Lucky Charms leprechaun, or Trix rabbit...
    Quote Originally Posted by Goosefarble View Post
    (Beyonce meme voice) GIRARD DRAKETOOOTH??
    A distinct possibility, yes

Quote Originally Posted by enq View Post
    Now that you mention it, I'm not sure there are any non-paranoid redheads in the story. Other than Penelope. No, that wasn't an attempt at an answer.
    There's also pudding guy.

48 hour answer:

Spoiler
    Show

Girard thinks the Paladins and the baddies are after his Lucky Charms.
    https://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0890.html

So, OQ.
    Last edited by Ron Miel; 2023-07-30 at 01:01 PM.
    -.____________________
    ./___________________()-------Ron Miel
    |...___________________--------sits down
    |..| |_________________()-------and starts
    |..|/__________________--------singing
    | ___________________()-------about gold

4. - Top - End - #514

BardGuy

Find me an inanimate object being proclaimed (or at least called) a ruler.

Spoiler: First hint
    Show
    It's not clear if the object was royalty before it was repaired too.
    Last edited by enq; 2023-07-31 at 03:03 AM.

Typically editing my trivia questions to add hints approximately 12, 24 and 36 hours after posting them.

5. - Top - End - #515
    Firbolg in the Playground

Find me an inanimate object being proclaimed (or at least called) a ruler.

Show
    It's not clear if the object was royalty before it was repaired too.
    Door, King of Doorland (what a stupid regnal name, I must add!).

6. - Top - End - #516
    Barbarian in the Playground

ClericGuy

Find me someone actively and honestly encouraging Belkar to continue one of his shenanigans.
    If you think "interesting" is an anticlimax, I feel sorry for you because it means you don't really know about interesting.
    ~Robin McKinley

7. - Top - End - #517
    Orc in the Playground

Does Elan's remark about the use of strength-draining poison count? Open question if it is indeed valid.
    On a fateful evening, I foolishly sworn myself to follow Xykon's updated speech rule ...thing. The twelve gods know that I regretted my decision ...since then ...multiple times.

8. - Top - End - #518

BardGuy

I would say the encouragement counts, but for starting the shenanigan, not continuing it.

9. - Top - End - #519

ClericGuy

I would say the encouragement counts, but for starting the shenanigan, not continuing it.
    Enq is correct, continuing a shenanigan means the Belkster had to be doing something to begin with. Keep looking!

(Holy crap I just checked the post count, we're already a third of the way through this trivia. This one's flying fast!)
    Last edited by ZhonLord; 2023-08-01 at 06:01 AM.

10. - Top - End - #520
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ZhonLord View Post
    Find me someone actively and honestly encouraging Belkar to continue one of his shenanigans.
    Perhaps you mean the manufacturing of stakes?

Or maybe Here, with Ian?

Or Roy encouraging him to search brothels for Draketooths
    Awesome avatar (Kothar, paladin of Tlacua) by Linkele!

Quote Originally Posted by William Shakespeare, King Lear, IV.i.46
    'Tis the time's plague, when madmen lead the blind.
    My Nexus characters

11. - Top - End - #521

ClericGuy

Prepping for a vampire fight doesn't really qualify as shenanigans.

The dinosaur is a compliment for a past act, not encouragement to continue.

The brothels is him planning an activity rather than continuing something he's already doing, and it's less of a shenanigan and more a productive addition to the party's search for Draketooth. He may "get a little sumthin' sumthin' " in the process, but he's consciously, knowingly contributing to the party's goal.

I'll give an early hint: one of the definitions for a shenanigan is a "playful or mischievous act." A prank is given as an example, but there are other actions that can fall within that definition, such as messing around when others are wanting/trying to be serious.
    Last edited by ZhonLord; 2023-08-01 at 06:46 AM.

12. - Top - End - #522
    Troll in the Playground

I wasn't really buying those theories either. (Although I personally would contest that because Ian picked the lock necessary for Belkar's plan to work, it's at least a plausible theory)
    The active and honest qualifier is what makes this hard. Belkar has so many shenanigans but it's difficult to find people actually wanting them to continue.

But here's another few attempts, most of which are just as shaky.
    Roy goes along with Belkar's claims that he's gay
    a whole bunch of adventurers help him murder a kobold
    V plays along with using the kobold's head as a litter box (IMO this is the best one I've come up with so far, but it still feels like a stretch)
    And relatedly, the whole party encourages him to track down the stinky humans

My Nexus characters

13. - Top - End - #523

ClericGuy

Quote Originally Posted by bc56 View Post
    The active and honest qualifier is what makes this hard. Belkar has so many shenanigans but it's difficult to find people actually wanting them to continue.
    Yup, that's the challenge. Lots of red herrings on this one.

But here's another few attempts, most of which are just as shaky.
    Roy goes along with Belkar's claims that he's gay
    a whole bunch of adventurers help him murder a kobold
    V plays along with using the kobold's head as a litter box (IMO this is the best one I've come up with so far, but it still feels like a stretch)
    And relatedly, the whole party encourages him to track down the stinky humans
    1. Roy reluctantly plays along to not give away the familial recognition. That's not honest encouragement.
    2. That's Belkar hiring people to do his dirty work. They're not encouraging him, he's encouraging them.
    3. Still stretching, since V is more conceding to Belkar's request rather than encouraging him to do it. Also that's Mr Scruffy taking the action in question.
    4. That's not a shenanigan, that's Belkar aiding in the quest goal.
    Last edited by ZhonLord; 2023-08-01 at 10:46 AM.

14. - Top - End - #524
    Ogre in the Playground

3. Still stretching, since V is more conceding to Belkar's request rather than encouraging him to do it. Also that's Mr Scruffy taking the action in question.
    Vaarsuvius does seem to support Belkar's idea enthusiasticly enough in #835 11th, and making litterboxes from kobolds is definitely shenanigans, so this seems to be the most fitting answer so far. But if that's not it, then I'll try #1194, where Minrah supports Belkar's shenanigans of pretending to have character growth, as Lord Shojo advised Belkar in #606.

Update: hmm, maybe instead the enthusiastic supporter is Serini in the recent storylines.
    Last edited by b_jonas; 2023-08-01 at 02:48 PM.

15. - Top - End - #525

ClericGuy

Quote Originally Posted by b_jonas View Post
    Vaarsuvius does seem to support Belkar's idea enthusiasticly enough in #835 11th, and making litterboxes from kobolds is definitely shenanigans, so this seems to be the most fitting answer so far. But if that's not it, then I'll try #1194, where Minrah supports Belkar's shenanigans of pretending to have character growth, as Lord Shojo advised Belkar in #606.
    Also nope. Belkar is having GENUINE character growth at that point, he's not faking it any more. She's encouraging him to actually grow and change as a person, and how awesome it is to do so. That ain't no playful or mischievous.

Since there's been so many hits on the red herrings, here's my 24 hour hint a few hours early:

Spoiler
    Show
    It starts as a more normal action one would expect of Belkar, but once he realizes it has a fun extra effect it devolves to shenanigans. And one of the other OG party members encourages him on it, because he's having fun with it too.
    Last edited by ZhonLord; 2023-08-01 at 02:24 PM.

16. - Top - End - #526
    Firbolg in the Playground

Also nope. Belkar is having GENUINE character growth at that point, he's not faking it any more. She's encouraging him to actually grow and change as a person, and how awesome it is to do so. That ain't no playful or mischievous.

Since there's been so many hits on the red herrings, here's my 24 hour hint a few hours early:

Spoiler
    Show
    It starts as a more normal action one would expect of Belkar, but once he realizes it has a fun extra effect it devolves to shenanigans. And one of the other OG party members encourages him on it, because he's having fun with it too.
    Do it again! Do it again, Robbespierre!

17. - Top - End - #527

ClericGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Metastachydium View Post
    THERE it is. I guess I was too generous with the hint's contents though, for you to find it almost immediately after, Meta. Ah well.
    Last edited by ZhonLord; 2023-08-01 at 02:38 PM.

18. - Top - End - #528

BardGuy

Find me the same line spoken by two different people who are not their normal height.

19. - Top - End - #529
    Dwarf in the Playground

HalflingRangerGuy

Find me the same line spoken by two different people who are not their normal height.
    I'm assuming two different souls sharing the same body still count as two different people...

OQ if correct.

20. - Top - End - #530

BardGuy

Yep, that was the intended answer.

21. - Top - End - #531
    Troll in the Playground

I'll take that OQ
    What food is exported from Cliffport?
    (Slight edit for clarity)
    Last edited by bc56; 2023-08-01 at 05:12 PM.

My Nexus characters

22. - Top - End - #532
    Dragon in the Playground Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by bc56 View Post
    I'll take that OQ
    What food is exported from Cliffport?
    (Slight edit for clarity)
    Gouda. OQ.
    Cuthalion's art is the prettiest art of all the art. Like my avatar.

Number of times Roland St. Jude has sworn revenge upon me: 1

23. - Top - End - #533
    Orc in the Playground

Flumph

Find me two uncommonly coloured goblinoids. Deities don't count

24. - Top - End - #534

BardGuy

Here's one, and maybe the aquatic goblins? Considering I think they're featured only in that strip, that makes them very uncommon for the comic as a whole.

If correct, OQ unless the confirmation happens fast-ish.

25. - Top - End - #535
    Orc in the Playground

Flumph

Here's one, and maybe the aquatic goblins? Considering I think they're featured only in that strip, that makes them very uncommon for the comic as a whole.

If correct, OQ unless the confirmation happens fast-ish.
    Correct! I would also have accepted Blue Jirix

26. - Top - End - #536

BardGuy

Alright then. Find me a panel in which A requests that B do something, and B does something in the next panel that complies with what A asked as though one word was replaced with an anagram of itself.

Example
    A: I don't know how to do this, can you give me some tips?
    B: Hands over a glass of saliva, or, some spit.

The anagram-reaction doesn't have to be instead of what B requested; it can also be as well as. In the example, B could have given some tips along with the glass of saliva.

The word that is subjected to the anagram must be at least three letters long.

Show
    A has been alive for the full duration of the comic, in part thanks to an insubordinate underling or two.
    B was alive when the comic started, but is dead now.

Spoiler: Second hint
    Show
    A wants B to stop behaving in a certain way. B stops carrying something. This something would eventually become very treasured by an OotS member.
    Last edited by enq; 2023-08-02 at 04:55 PM.

27. - Top - End - #537
    Orc in the Playground

Flumph

Alright then. Find me a panel in which A requests that B do something, and B does something in the next panel that complies with what A asked as though one word was replaced with an anagram of itself.

Example
    A: I don't know how to do this, can you give me some tips?
    B: Hands over a glass of saliva, or, some spit.

The anagram-reaction doesn't have to be instead of what B requested; it can also be as well as. In the example, B could have given some tips along with the glass of saliva.

The word that is subjected to the anagram must be at least three letters long.
    Hmm, my first thought was the sextant sax tent bit, but that's over multiple pages. Hmmm.

28. - Top - End - #538

BardGuy

The added space kills the anagram anyway

29. - Top - End - #539
    Orc in the Playground

I'm pretty sure your hint means that
    Spoiler
    Show
    A is Hinjo. B might be Shojo, Miko, or another Azurite whose death was confirmed like Sangwaan or general Chang.
    On a fateful evening, I foolishly sworn myself to follow Xykon's updated speech rule ...thing. The twelve gods know that I regretted my decision ...since then ...multiple times.

30. - Top - End - #540

BardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Coppercloud View Post
    I'm pretty sure your hint means that
    Spoiler
    Show
    A is Hinjo. B might be Shojo, Miko, or another Azurite whose death was confirmed like Sangwaan or general Chang.
    Spoiler: I say to this...
    Show
    ...someone didn't dump int!