New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 17 of 44 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141516171819202122232425262742 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #481
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Tomboys and Troublemakers Part V: Zut Zut Zut and a Bottle of Bordeleaux

(1d100)[62] UcAF Aethyric Shock: The magical energy coursing through you causes you to lose 1 Wound regardless of Toughness bonus or armour

(1d10)[9] Mark
    Last edited by wilphe; 2023-07-31 at 01:16 PM.

2. - Top - End - #482
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Default Re: Tomboys and Troublemakers Part V: Zut Zut Zut and a Bottle of Bordeleaux

Iniiitiative: (1D10+7)[16]
    "Of all the words by tongue and pen, by far the saddest are "I could have been...""

"The first rule of success is to have a vision. You see if you don’t have a vision of where you are going, if you don’t have a goal for where to go, you’ll drift around and never end up anywhere...can you imagine a majority of people don't know where they are going? I knew where I was going!” – Arnold Schwarzenegger

3. - Top - End - #483
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Before combat, Regine is withdrawing behind the cover that's available, drawing out and aiming her repeating crossbow.

When the action starts, she's letting loose bolts at Magic Boi.

Attack 1: (1d100)[27] vs TN 66 36
    If fury: (1d100)[86] vs TN 66
    Damage: (1D10+2)[11]
    If fury: (1d10+2)[4]

Attack 2:(1d100)[30] vs TN 66 36
    If fury: (1d100)[82] vs TN 66
    Damage: (1D10+2)[12]
    If fury: (1D10+2)[3]

He takes 11 then 12 wounds.
    Last edited by BananaPhone; 2023-07-31 at 08:01 PM.
    "Of all the words by tongue and pen, by far the saddest are "I could have been...""

"The first rule of success is to have a vision. You see if you don’t have a vision of where you are going, if you don’t have a goal for where to go, you’ll drift around and never end up anywhere...can you imagine a majority of people don't know where they are going? I knew where I was going!” – Arnold Schwarzenegger

4. - Top - End - #484
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

(1d10+6)[11] initiative.
    Hold action for now.

5. - Top - End - #485
    Troll in the Playground

magic boi will burn one of his lucky charms to tank the 12 wounds

6. - Top - End - #486
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

He has to declare that before seeing the wounds . He's already protected by -30 to hit lol.

7. - Top - End - #487
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by BananaPhone View Post
    He has to declare that before seeing the wounds . He's already protected by -30 to hit lol.
    this is pbp. you cant declare beforehand. i will make an addendum to say the same applies to you

8. - Top - End - #488
    Ettin in the Playground

Devil

The audacity of you, BP.

The sheer audacity.

9. - Top - End - #489
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

That could be the name of the ship! The Audacious.

But come'on. She can't conceal herself, she gets -30 to hit penalty and she not only hits with both bolts but also does amazing damage only to get half of it hand-waved away by some lucky charm . Course I was going to take a swing to try and retain it lol.
    Last edited by BananaPhone; 2023-08-01 at 06:11 AM.

10. - Top - End - #490
    Ettin in the Playground

Devil

It was great shooting, Tex. Need to knock off those charms anyway!

11. - Top - End - #491
    Ettin in the Playground

Devil

Psst! Wilphe! It was Jasmine who asked for the dispel, not Regine! But there’s a lot of wind, it’s pretty loud. Might be funnier to sass the wrong gal.

12. - Top - End - #492
    Troll in the Playground

He means that it hasn't stopped Regine from hitting and that Jasmine should just suck it up

13. - Top - End - #493
    Ettin in the Playground

Devil

Quote Originally Posted by wilphe View Post
    He means that it hasn't stopped Regine from hitting and that Jasmine should just suck it up
    Oh, well.

... Well I'll just shut up then.

14. - Top - End - #494
    Troll in the Playground

prepare for trouble!

(4d10)[6][6][3][10](25)

15. - Top - End - #495
    Troll in the Playground

minor flashback

(1d100)[89]

16. - Top - End - #496
    Troll in the Playground

rolling for dark lore bad stiuff

(1d100)[37]

17. - Top - End - #497
    Troll in the Playground

hit location for disfigurement

(1d100)[100]

18. - Top - End - #498
    Troll in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

I've done my XP. I've just added it all to WS and BS so I have actually a chance to hit something.
    Clacks-Overhead: GNU Terry Pratchett

"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett
    "I will not yield to evil, unless she's cute."

19. - Top - End - #499
    Troll in the Playground

So is the Tower secure and in our hands?

What about headless and other dude?

20. - Top - End - #500
    Troll in the Playground

400 XP

Finally taking Dodge Blow CC, resisted for a long time but it now makes sense

Light's Demand

Int +5

21. - Top - End - #501
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

I was holding action with the gun, so I'd like to try and drop one of the pegasi before they fly away. Probably the one with the sorcerer.

(1d100)[49] v. 34, (1d10+4)[11] or (1d10+4)[5].

22. - Top - End - #502
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

You and your damn magic bolts bramble lol.

Exp Spending:

+2 wounds (200)
    +10 Int (200)
    Last edited by BananaPhone; 2023-08-02 at 06:41 PM.

23. - Top - End - #503
    Ettin in the Playground

Devil

Quote Originally Posted by farothel View Post
    I've done my XP. I've just added it all to WS and BS so I have actually a chance to hit something.

This is a good question - if they are alive, we will encounter them as we go down the tower. But it's also possible that Meloth, as 'master' of the tower now, can just... make ancient tree roots grow up and strangle them or something. Hopefully.

400 XP

Finally taking Dodge Blow CC, resisted for a long time but it now makes sense

Light's Demand

Int +5
    Yeah, I mean normally I'd say things like "you need to get the GM to sign off on cross class purchases" but I would be very surprised if Bramble didn't agree that, after all this time, Wighard has finally polished up his soldier footwork. If anyone has learned it by the Dodgeball method, it's Wighard.

Quote Originally Posted by dojango View Post
    I was holding action with the gun, so I'd like to try and drop one of the pegasi before they fly away. Probably the one with the sorcerer.

[roll0] v. 34, [roll1] or [roll2].
    Hooray! It didn't missfire!

My standards for that weapon have been lowered so far that it feels like a hit, just to miss!

You and your damn magic bolts bramble lol.

Exp Spending:

+2 wounds (200)
    +10 Int (200)
    They are some nasty magic bolts. I was hoping we'd be able to kill that sorcerer - he's the one with the elf-ear necklace, right? But I guess we'll add him to our list.

I dream of the day we will be able to start hunting our enemies instead of the other way around. The catharsis for strangling, say, that sniper to death will be excellent.

I have spent 300 XP on AK: History, AK: Theology, and Heal. Bertelis continues to become one of the most broadly educated men in the world, in this case mostly by his proximity to Wighard.

But they carpet bombed our ship?! Ahhh! If these jerks have diseased our crew, I'm gonna be cantankerous. I'm not wearing a mask over this helm, you hear me?! I'm not doing it!

24. - Top - End - #504
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Quote Originally Posted by MrAbdiel View Post
    I have spent 300 XP on AK: History,

I've been on too many gun sites recently (my uncle is a keen duck shooter so I was looking for a birthday gift for him, just to clarify lol) because I misread that as "AK-47 history" instead of academic knowledge.
    Last edited by BananaPhone; 2023-08-02 at 09:37 PM.

25. - Top - End - #505
    Troll in the Playground

Yeah, I mean normally I'd say things like "you need to get the GM to sign off on cross class purchases" but I would be very surprised if Bramble didn't agree that, after all this time, Wighard has finally polished up his soldier footwork. If anyone has learned it by the Dodgeball method, it's Wighard.
    I held off getting it for the longest time because it's so good but also cheesy if everyone gets it, however as 3rd melee guy I feel lack of it was holding him back

Same as I didn't buy Keen Senses until it made sense story-wise after he was temporarily blinded

His Magic and Lore were explicitly signed off.

His other CC purchases have been Animal Care and Command, the former was a familiar pre-req and the other he had done enough shouting to feel justified

He has picked a few extra spells up but those aren't really CC apart from learning Hedge Magic from Siobhan

26. - Top - End - #506
    Ettin in the Playground

Devil

I held off getting it for the longest time because it's so good but also cheesy if everyone gets it, however as 3rd melee guy I feel lack of it was holding him back

Same as I didn't buy Keen Senses until it made sense story-wise after he was temporarily blinded

His Magic and Lore were explicitly signed off.

His other CC purchases have been Animal Care and Command, the former was a familiar pre-req and the other he had done enough shouting to feel justified

He has picked a few extra spells up but those aren't really CC apart from learning Hedge Magic from Siobhan
    Yeah, no worries mate. I don't think you're the kind of player who would try to hoodwink a GM anyway so I'm not worried; but I had completely forgotten cross-class purchases were theoretically aloud so I wanted to plant a flag in it for posterity for me and the other players! I tend to lean towards career shifting for things (I went into Entertaining mostly for Trick Riding, but let it inform Bertelis' development anyway) but I know that's also harder for a wizard who has an almost bottomless well of 'wizard things' to buy to advance his primary effect. And I do not want Wighard to get splatted.

Speaking of splatted, is everyone.. okay after that magic volley? Bertelis got knocked down from 14 to 9 again, but those are not small hits on Jasmine and Regine.

I don't suppose Bertelis could hurl himself infront of one (or both) of those shots? He is coming to respect Regine, but he is feeling particularly protective of Jasmine presently.

Can I 'dodge' into it? The hit would knock Bertelis down to 3/15, making him heavilly wounded again and triggering his Fear of Death insanity. He might embarrass himself. And if he gets hit by both, it's a -2 Crit and another insanity point. And he gets to be a chivilrous knight, defender of maidens. Doesn't that sound appealing, Bramble? Eh? Eh?
    Last edited by MrAbdiel; 2023-08-02 at 11:05 PM.

27. - Top - End - #507
    Troll in the Playground

the tower is secure. mr headless and barrel boy will have been eaten by the plantlife

28. - Top - End - #508
    Troll in the Playground

Yeah, no worries mate. I don't think you're the kind of player who would try to hoodwink a GM anyway so I'm not worried; but I had completely forgotten cross-class purchases were theoretically aloud so I wanted to plant a flag in it for posterity for me and the other players! I tend to lean towards career shifting for things (I went into Entertaining mostly for Trick Riding, but let it inform Bertelis' development anyway) but I know that's also harder for a wizard who has an almost bottomless well of 'wizard things' to buy to advance his primary effect. And I do not want Wighard to get splatted.

Speaking of splatted, is everyone.. okay after that magic volley? Bertelis got knocked down from 14 to 9 again, but those are not small hits on Jasmine and Regine.

I don't suppose Bertelis could hurl himself infront of one of those shots? He is coming to respect Regine, but he is feeling particularly protective of Jasmine presently.

Can I 'dodge' into it? The hit would knock Bertelis down to 3/15, making him heavilly wounded again and triggering his Fear of Death insanity. He might embarrass himself. Doesn't that sound appealing, Bramble? Eh? Eh?
    hmm. how about no? i wanna see some fp loss

29. - Top - End - #509
    Ettin in the Playground

Devil

Can I 'dodge' into it? The hit would knock Bertelis down to 3/15, making him heavilly wounded again and triggering his Fear of Death insanity. He might embarrass himself. And if he gets hit by both, it's a -2 Crit and another insanity point. And he gets to be a chivilrous knight, defender of maidens. Doesn't that sound appealing, Bramble? Eh? Eh?
    Are you suuuure? What about with this updated offer?

30. - Top - End - #510
    Troll in the Playground

Are you suuuure? What about with this updated offer?
    fine, its your bretonnian funeral