New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: The Primeval Dark - The Immeasurable Spiral (IC)

For a Witch of Duvan, most of any third-party involvement related to planar travel would be dealt with by interfacing with her Patron, or a Teller. In the case of a Vet'Cnros like herself, this would come in the form of one of their ancestral Patrons, such as the Scion of Dark Seasons, the Mados, or the House of Black. This was under the assumption that this example was referring to a veteran Witch. One who had lived long enough to err, learn and develop a meaningful relation with her Patron. For young Veil Witches, they simply thrust their hands into the fire until they had been burned enough to learn better. In the case of Sunjath'la, they simply worked with their Patron, their House or simply filed the appropriate paperwork and dues defined by the city. Within their shared culture in Duvan, the title of 'Keeper', or more precisely, 'Ser'Yorl-Thas', was a distinction of L'Kaas, or 'social rank'. While all of these things were invented by Sunjath'la, as denizens of Duvan, Vet'Cnros observed all such honors as well. The title of Ser'Yorl-Thas was a great honor of the highest possible distinction. It was a special rank within the social ladder of the Zhen'Annu-Kaas, the 'ascendant' or 'heavenly' caste, which was populated by such beings like the Gran Hexe or the Hexen herself. Every Witch King reigned within this caste and stood at the head of Duvan culture and power. Tenebris herself was the sole holder of the 'First Title' of this caste, standing as the ultimate authority over all Witches within the plane of Duvan. As a 'special rank', the Keeper did not exist within a lateral comparison with the other title-holders within the same caste, and stood as something of a third-party. A Keeper was traditionally any Witch appointed by the Third World to see to, and administrate over a realm - or Passage in this case. It was perhaps more difficult to achieve this than winning the crown of the Hexen itself, as it was both difficult and perilous to garner the favorable attentions or beings beyond their own reality and be trusted enough by them to be given a piece of the universe to rule over as their own. This was seen as a responsibility perhaps akin to a 'lesser king', fit to rule, but not to reign over Duvan. [Stella: Knowledge Abstract - Success]

There was much that Stella had forgotten herself, but the whispers continued to fill in the blank spaces within her faded memories. Keepers represented some of the most powerful forces outside the city, and perhaps the singular most powerful force within their own domains which they ruled. Not every Passage required a Keeper, but those places of particular importance often had such a Witch appointed to it for safekeeping. B'Belka herself was the Keeper of Jun'athiel. Within this realm, she was effectively god... which made Adessa's willingness for violence all the more frightening. Unfortunately, as to the rest, with Emissary's and everything else, she hadn't the slightest idea. The Knowledge of the Abstract taught within Zhenu'Magath only stretched to the furthest reaches of the Second World and the Near-Otherworlds - those universes adjacent. Those matters beyond this, were beyond the knowing of simple Witches, or any paramortal. Similarly, her knowledge of Passages and this 'Ashurbanipal' was also lacking. Supposedly this place, a Kindler and whatever was involved here was primarily responsible for managing some things about Passages. To what extent, how, or even why, these were all beyond her knowledge. It was somehow related to laws, but Vet'Cnros ignored such trivial things. [Stella: Knowledge Abstract - Failure]

Stella was not Sunjath'la and she couldn't having ever recalled putting much attention towards remembering Sunjath'la folklore and culture. What did a Veil Witch care for such things? With the whisper's aid, she could distantly recall that the Lady of Passages belonged to a trinity of deities, sister gods. Those being Okkolah, Mados and Lane. They represented movement, energy and consciousness, respectively. Hearing it now, she did distantly remember hearing about the Lady of Passages having children, who were also gods. Yet, this was Sunjath'la faith... for whatever that was worth. One was a daughter, the other was a son, but they were twins and she couldn't tell the difference. The whispers weren't even sure where these gods were worshipped aside from the secret alter in a home the occasional Sunjath'la zealot. As for the rest... It was completely beyond her. "The Keeper of Jun'athel, B'Belka'Tevel... Is no longer within the Wild Dark. She cannot help you here. Her battle continues with the Whispering Witch. You must look for another way. This Passage, or what remains of it, still belongs to its Keeper. "[Stella: Experience Points Traded - 2,142exp] [Stella: Knowledge Abstract - Failure]

"You may beseech an Emissary, if you can afford the cost of transport for such an audience. An Emissary does not exist to oversee any one single Passage. Thus, these costs can quickly amount to significant sums. If you believe you have been wrongfully displaced by force, you can make your appeal before them. If you cannot afford this and you feel strongly of how you were wronged, you may appeal to a Justice to hear you. Though, you should be aware, wasting a Justice's time will be met with swift punishment. If deemed valid, the Justice will bring you before the Emissary to be heard. There are not many Emissaries, and their work often oversee's many Worlds and duties to the Conclave. Waiting times to be seen can be.... exceptional. As a Magister of the Conclave yourself, perhaps you might be able to mitigate this to some degree, but matters of the Conclave are not my concern." [Stella: Experience Points Traded - 1,725exp]

"Fragments are a store of wealth. An object created from the foundational substance of matter and energy which has been disassembled into its most base elements. This is the currency created by Ashurbanipal's Kindler to pay for travel throughout the Passages. It has been adopted by the Lady of Passages in turn. Thus it is a universal currency which allows all beings safe travel through reality. It is the 'energy' and 'fuel' allowing for movement throughout all Worlds. Thus, it is treated as a currency almost universally beyond the First World. Many beings possess Fragments, it can be traded and sold just as gold might. Certain beings such as the Teller, Kindlers, some Justices, Emissaries, Primarchs or the Mados itself are more than willing to trade nearly anything. From both the intangible and tangible for Fragments. It can even simply be bought with gold and silver. It merely depends on who, or what, you're speaking with. The memories of your experiences you are trading to me now are worth Fragments. Anything can be sold, it is simply a question of finding the right buyer." [Stella: Experience Points Traded - 1,309exp]

Spoiler: Character Advancement
    Show
    CHARACTER STATUS
    ⮙ Focus: 16/16 ¦ ⮙ Mana: 3/6 ¦ ⮙ Memory: 4 ¦ Spite: 1
    ※SEVERANCE EXPERIENCE: 2xp
    ※WEAVE EXPERIENCE: 175xp
    ※VEIL EXPERIENCE: 1,000xp
    Corrupted Fate (Ra'Dolfaal)

STELLA'S EXPERIENCE (204,313xp) (⮸ +250), (⮯ -5,176 Exp Cost)

STELLA'S INFLUENCES
    LEARNING ▰▱▱▱▱▱▱▱▱▱ 13% (13/100 EXP) (+4)
    INSIGHT▱▱▱▱▱▱▱▱▱▱ 8% (8/100 EXP) (+2)
    SOVEREIGNTY ▱▱▱▱▱▱▱▱▱▱ 4% (4/100 EXP) (+2)
    NOBILITY ▱▱▱▱▱▱▱▱▱▱ 4% (4/100 EXP) (+2)
    DISCOVERY ▰▱▱▱▱▱▱▱▱▱ 17% (17/100 EXP) (+3)
    TRAVEL ▰▱▱▱▱▱▱▱▱▱ 10% (10/100 EXP) (+1)
    VEIL ▱▱▱▱▱▱▱▱▱▱ 6% (6/100 EXP) (+1)
    EVIL ▱▱▱▱▱▱▱▱▱▱ 6% (6/100 EXP) (+1)
    CURSE ▱▱▱▱▱▱▱▱▱▱ 9% (9/100 EXP) (+1)
    MEMORY ▱▱▱▱▱▱▱▱▱▱ 5% (5/100 EXP) (+1)
    WORLDS ▰▱▱▱▱▱▱▱▱▱ 19% (19/100 EXP) (+5)
    ※FATE ▱▱▱▱▱▱▱▱▱▱ 3% (3/100 EXP)
    ※TIME ▱▱▱▱▱▱▱▱▱▱ 1% (1/100 EXP)
    ※FAITH ▱▱▱▱▱▱▱▱▱▱ 5% (5/100 EXP)
    ※ASCENSION ▱▱▱▱▱▱▱▱▱▱ 1% (1/100 EXP)
    ※TRANSCENDENT ▱▱▱▱▱▱▱▱▱▱ 1% (1/100 EXP)
    APPRENTICE ▰▱▱▱▱▱▱▱▱▱ 10% (10/100 EXP) (+1)
    ※DREAMS ▱▱▱▱▱▱▱▱▱▱ 2% (2/100 EXP)
    ANCESTORS ▱▱▱▱▱▱▱▱▱▱ 9% (9/100 EXP) (+1)
    ORIGIN ▰▱▱▱▱▱▱▱▱▱ 11% (11/100 EXP) (+2)
    DIVINITY ▱▱▱▱▱▱▱▱▱▱ 8% (8/100 EXP) (+1)
    ※DREAMWORLDS ▱▱▱▱▱▱▱▱▱▱ 1% (1/100 EXP)
    LEGENDS ▱▱▱▱▱▱▱▱▱▱ 6% (6/100 EXP) (+2)
    PAST-LIFE ▱▱▱▱▱▱▱▱▱▱ 9% (9/100 EXP) (+1)
    ※REINCARNATION ▱▱▱▱▱▱▱▱▱▱ 5% (5/100 EXP)
    CASTING TRADITION ▰▱▱▱▱▱▱▱▱▱ 10% (10/100 EXP) (+3)

2. - Top - End - #122
    Alchemist in the Playground Moderator

You may not be here to teach me, but every word helps further prepare me for Kathe. It was a delicate balancing act. Each time he felt like he was finally getting his feet under him, the ground seemingly gave way. Instead of me vs. you, it was us vs. them. A pyramid scheme of cosmic proportions. As their magic was not wholly theirs, neither would his magic be solely his domain. And this didn't even begin to cover what they demanded upon their arrival: Mana. Apparently this resource was precious enough as to not even be considered a bargaining chip for a serious offer. The Hexe-Cross was certainly not the person to entertain further questions.

"You are correct of course, though I am here to learn all the same. Each passing moment finds me that much better prepared for the life ahead, though that is not your burden to bear." Miryks let the Witch's words fill the air as he considered them. Her terms surprised him in its directness, a concrete offering that he could tie back to what the Kindler had begun to teach him about his reforging. Then the Kindler's perspective, who had just a moment ago cautioned him, almost

"Hexe-Cross Valdis Erthe'Anon, I will not overreach by trying to extract further concessions from you, despite the strength the Kindler suggests I have in my current position. Such greed has a way of coming back around should we find ourselves in a mirrored position in our future. If nothing else, your words with Grand Savant Vanici Viacarri Vantil have reinforced compromise is preferable to conflict, once a common goal can be identified. I am agreeable to your terms.. However," Miryks let the added word slip into the air, almost as if it were pulled along by the previous sentence. "Even here and now, I am less of myself than I was. The path that led me here demanded many things, one of which nags at me still, muddying my thoughts and thickening my tongue. I ask that you remove that thorn from my paw, as I am currently without the means to do so." It was a small thing, in the scheme of what he'd been through, but the lack was a constant buzzing in the back of his mind. Willpower, common sense, awareness, intuition. What he had prized throughout his life was now stunted, and to be made whole would be a relief, as his mind turned back to his Patron Apparent.

She who spoke of Endings. Miryks had intentionally refrained from that title, instead ceding the Patron's name to what the Hexe-Cross had used. But the Kindler had identified it as the most appropriate. I wonder if this isn't balancing the scales of a previous arrangement. There was likely a different relationship between her and the Hexe-Cross than the Magister. Perhaps even to do with the events that led to the Hexe-Cross's betrayal, or her more recent attachment to the House of Anon'ri'telba. Certainly something that provided value to the Hexe-Cross beyond his current perspective, but he was grasping at straws again. Trying to form a complete picture out of a few fleeting images wreathed in shadow. Whatever the tip of the iceberg he saw, the watery depths contained far more than he could imagine. It was a struggle to contain his curious and interrogative nature in check; at least he was hopefully safe within his own thoughts. A shiver ran down his fiery tendrils, knowing his Patron would soon become both benefactor and voyeur.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Diplomacy - (1d20+20)[25] Getting Wisdom damage healed
    Sense Motive - (1d20+18)[23] The Hexe-Cross's desperation
    Sense Doom - (1d20+36)[56] She who Spoke of Endings
    Quote Originally Posted by Peelee
    I vote we purge flat_footed.
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Kish View Post
    flat_footed, you saved London, you know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli
    Yeah Flat_footed is such a killjoy. Let's take turns talking bad about him, he'll never read this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Murska View Post
    I didn't kill anyone, except I guess I killed everyone
    Quote Originally Posted by Batcathat View Post
    flat_footed

Extended Signature

3. - Top - End - #123
    Troll in the Playground

It was hard to judge the Hexe's implied 'desperation' based on what little he knew. Perhaps it was that his existence would prove to be an opportunity, or a threat, which she could not simply turn a blind-eye to. Certainly it must have made things more difficult as a Witch who was despised by other Witches, but it seemed like she was getting along just fine as is. Perhaps it was a bit of both, and more. She had mentioned that the Patron would see that their interests would align. Thus, he could infer that there was some need for the aligning of these said 'interests'; whatever they might be. Regardless how an ageless being of another reality might define such a thing, that was less important than the fact that the need for such a thing had been communicated and framed as a necessity. Somehow, if these things did not happen, it could suggest some manner of future conflict. As formless and amorphous as such an idea might be. Be it a conflict of factions, or consciousness, it didn't matter. The only thing which did matter was that the Hexe sought some manner of assurances, and this is what form that sentiment had taken. It was a masterful play which he couldn't rightly refuse, the benefits far out-weighed any sleight but secured whatever guarantees she sought to deconflict her unknowable designs. Or at least, so he assumed. [Miryks: Sense Motive - Partial]

This mysterious Patron evidently was Kathy in nature, enough so that the Magister did not have any qualms with such a proposal. Yet, this being clearly held some relation with the Hexe-Cross, enough that the Hexe felt comfortable enough to leverage her knowledge of this enigmatic being's character and intentions as an assurance for herself. It felt as if this were some gold-standard by which the Hexe felt she had come to some degree of certainty that their business would not inevitably result in conflict. Miryks could certainly feel the multi-faceted nature of it. A being who spanned many faces of reality. It was not a goodly thing, but neither was it a mindless malevolent force. It held its own designs and those who were graced by its power were bent by its machinations for some greater purpose. It served itself, and favored those who served it while spurning those which did not. Whatever its true purpose, it certainly did not mean well for other planes which spanned the universe. This would likely be a common theme among the Witches of the Second World. [Miryks: Sense Motive - Success]

The flame took a moment to consider Miryks' words. "Hm... Very well. I will remove this 'thorn'. In exchange, you will be born of a younger age. Beginning at a third, any subsequent years you may purchase at the Kindler's cost, but this price will be paid to me... You'll grow into it." The Kindler raised a brow. "Hmph. She's crafty. While the cost might be fair if they are mine, she will take some minor, insignificant profit. Perhaps to recoup some of her investment. Primarily she means to slow you. She is aware your mind cannot be passed to an infant body. You would be five years old. Ten, if you paid every cost. Your mind would not have developed enough yet to accept your consciousness. You would quite literally need to 'grow' into your own mind. After a number of years you would reach your full cognitive potential, but it would obviously take some time. Perhaps you've just revealed a weakness? If she means to slow you, or it is a possible alternative, limiting what you can preserve from this life might also be an acceptable solution... or at least diminish your immediate impact. It's difficult to know what is her intent... It remains to be seen if she is even a friend or foe."

"Oh, I'm sure your Kindler is talking your ear off. 'Advising' you against it, but pay it no mind. I mean you no harm by it, but your many gifts will only serve as an anchor least you've the time taken to refine them and learn early. The Kindler would normally craft you a body approaching adulthood, but the magical training of children in Kathe begins at the age of five. Sometimes a year or so earlier. Do you mean to be the greatest mentally incompetent Witch in history? Leaning upon what memories the Kindler fabricates for you and the genius intellect recalling memories built around a web of lies will not avail you. You will drown yourself in a mind too vast and born of two-lifetimes. Shortcuts? Accelerated years? You will be a worm next to a true Witch. A pretender in your own skin. If you mean to make full use of your potential, you must live your life. Every moment. From the earliest memories as your consciousness begins to form, til your last." "Hmm... That is not a lie, but I cannot know the implications of a Transfigured Witch's birth in that realm. No other flame has been born into Kathe in this manner who had not already such a Witch prior..." [Miryks: Diplomacy - Success]

Show
    CHARACTER STATUS
    ⮙ Memory: 4
    ⮙ Fragments: 80,000
    ※Oneiroclast Experience: 50

MIRYKS'S EXPERIENCE (11,620xp)
    (⮸ +150xp)

MIRYKS'S INFLUENCES
    FLAME▰▰▱▱▱▱▱▱▱▱ 28% (28/100 EXP) (+1)
    TRUTH▰▰▱▱▱▱▱▱▱▱ 22% (22/100 EXP) (+2)
    DREAMS ▰▰▱▱▱▱▱▱▱▱ 29% (29/100 EXP) (+1)
    NIGHTMARES ▰▰▱▱▱▱▱▱▱▱ 29% (29/100 EXP) (+1)
    BEASTS ▰▰▱▱▱▱▱▱▱▱ 21% (21/100 EXP) (+1)
    ※CELEBRATION ▱▱▱▱▱▱▱▱▱▱ 5% (5/100 EXP)
    RITUAL ▰▰▱▱▱▱▱▱▱▱ 24% (24/100 EXP) (+1)
    DEATH ▰▰▱▱▱▱▱▱▱▱ 25% (25/100 EXP) (+1)
    OTHERWORLD ▰▰▱▱▱▱▱▱▱▱ 24% (24/100 EXP) (+1)
    SPIRITS ▰▰▱▱▱▱▱▱▱▱ 23% (23/100 EXP) (+1)
    REALITY ▰▰▱▱▱▱▱▱▱▱ 23% (23/100 EXP) (+1)
    BLACK ▰▱▱▱▱▱▱▱▱▱ 19% (19/100 EXP) (+1)
    ※OMENS ▱▱▱▱▱▱▱▱▱▱ 0% (0/100 EXP)
    DIVINITY ▰▰▱▱▱▱▱▱▱▱ 27% (27/100 EXP) (+1)
    FORBIDDEN ▰▱▱▱▱▱▱▱▱▱ 19% (19/100 EXP) (+1)
    ※DOOM ▱▱▱▱▱▱▱▱▱▱ 5% (5/100 EXP)
    INSIGHT ▰▰▱▱▱▱▱▱▱▱ 25% (25/100 EXP) (+1)
    MAGIC ▰▰▱▱▱▱▱▱▱▱ 25% (25/100 EXP) (+1)
    ONEIROCLAST ▰▰▱▱▱▱▱▱▱▱ 23% (23/100 EXP) (+1)

4. - Top - End - #124

"While she has not taken sides, the Kindler has indeed been on mine. Her voice does not malign your offer, as her words seek to teach and not direct." Just because you do not desire to provide an education here, does not mean there aren't others who have risen to the occasion. "In any case, starting this new life at the time where my schooling would begin in earnest bears closer examination." He doubted very much the risk of becoming "the greatest mentally incompetent Witch in history" if the Kindler had indeed fashioned him an adult body and approximated the memories and training of a life lived. The Magister had already promised the means, and the proper education, for him to realize his true power. His life, be it lived or implanted, seemed to be an after thought under the weight of that promise.

In truth, Miryks had not yet given thought to exactly how his new life would be formed. On some level, he had assumed he would be born naturally, albeit with the provided blessings, gifts and boons. That he would be born no younger than five, and possibly fully grown, was a surprise to him. He wondered if the magic and rite also provided the relevant memories of his upbringing to any who would have knowledge of him. Such a widespread power was beyond his ability to comprehend, and would require a frighting level of omniscience, if not omnipotence, to enact. Or at least far enough above my meager understanding as to be indistinguishable from it.

"If I had not asked for this additional consideration, a comparatively small token, would you not have considered the deal struck and departed as Grand Savant Vanici Viacarri Vantil has done? And even now, the Kindler's words seek to counsel without judgement. She freely admits her knowledge only extends so far. I would be the first flame born into Kathe without having previously been a witch. I meant what I said, the offer bears further consideration."

Not for the first time, Miryks wondered what The Magister's opinion would be. Their business concluded, it was understandable for her to have departed. Once it was clear his life would benefit Kathe, everything else seemed just a detail beneath her notice. He wondered if a delay in his life of several years or even a decade also was so meaningless to her. Also possible was the Hexe-Cross taking advantage of being the last one remaining, and playing looser with the complete truth than she would have in front of The Magister.

Show
    Diplomacy - (1d20+20)[31] Considering the offer
    Sense Motive - (1d20+17)[35] The Hexe-Cross wanting to delay my coming into my powers
    Sense Doom - (1d20+36)[46] Accepting artificial years vs. living them out
    Show
    Yeah Flat_footed is such a killjoy. Let's take turns talking bad about him, he'll never read this.
    flat_footed

Extended Signature

5. - Top - End - #125
    Troll in the Playground

The flame took a few moments to consider its predicament. As much as he tried to, he encountered the same impasse as the Kindler. He needed something more, something to further contextualize the Hexe's words. The best lies were often found in misspoken truths. It came as something as a revelation to Miryks, like some blinding flash of the obvious. Simply playing out the hypotheticals in his mind, roleplaying the whole of it in some mental dreamscape within the formlessness of his own thoughts. He was reborn. Filled with only the emptiness of a life extinguished. A flood of memories written in an unsure, unsteady hand, narrating the supposed years he'd lived within some universe, some World he could not even begin to comprehend. It would be akin to watching an elk twitch and struggle like the first-steps of a newborn calf. His form would not beget his own mind. The test of life might be open-book, but he would need to clumsily fumble through its pages with each passing moment. Would he even pass the test? The test to feign the conscious 'soul' which had lived those fake years. Would he pass their test? To become the Witch. The version of himself penned upon those pages and which lived within the minds of family and strangers? He didn't know. What if he failed? What if his unnatural, unprecedented origins were revealed? What if the sins and burdens of the life lost were unearthed? If his mortal mind's birth were revealed? Even if he could not recall much of it, at best, he would be mentally impaired by the constant strain of referencing a lifetime of choices and words which were not his. Living under the shadow of an echo of a soul who was not him. The secrets and feelings, the heart of an individual who had grown and lived in his place, until the day, the moment her existence was no longer needed. What weight might that carry? He couldn't know. No one did, because it had never been done before. There would be no Kindler to feed him a constant stream of council in the next life.

Perhaps there was more to consider than merely education. He now possessed extra-sensory abilities which verged on near-omniscience in their reach, regardless if he was even capable of understanding such things. Yet, it still did not avail him. He stumbled blindly though the rattling cage of ignorance and fragile mortal values. Maybe it didn't matter why, or if the Hexe meant to slow him at all... Strangely, the true problem might have been the challenge presented in his entire circumstance itself. "Depart? ...Perhaps. Perhaps not?" Those words seem to hang there suggestively. Hinting at an uncertainty that was tantalizing and frustrating. He couldn't be certain, but her words suggested that there may have been an alternate answer. The one which she stayed, for some reason or another. It may have been that the Hexe had some other business, or it could be that her first priority was her first offer before anything else. Regardless, it did not actually matter. If she had departed and left him to his own devices, so what? She was not gaining anything from this exchange, other than deconflicting their own future pursuits. At least as far as he knew from how things had gone thus far, He was not creating any significant return for this investment that he could see, she was merely paying to prevent him from becoming a problem. "...Then consider it. This is my offer." The bells rang again, followed by a short silver flash. Then another. "I have received two new blessing. One for the Patron. Another regressing your age." [Miryks: Sense Motive - Partial] [Miryks: Sense Motive - Partial] [Miryks: Diplomacy - Partial]

Show
    CHARACTER STATUS

MIRYKS'S EXPERIENCE (11,620xp)
    (⮸ +150xp)

MIRYKS'S INFLUENCES
    FLAME▰▰▱▱▱▱▱▱▱▱ 29% (29/100 EXP) (+1)
    TRUTH▰▰▱▱▱▱▱▱▱▱ 23% (23/100 EXP) (+1)
    DREAMS ▰▰▰▱▱▱▱▱▱▱ 30% (30/100 EXP) (+1)
    NIGHTMARES ▰▰▰▱▱▱▱▱▱▱ 30% (30/100 EXP) (+1)
    BEASTS ▰▰▱▱▱▱▱▱▱▱ 22% (22/100 EXP) (+1)
    RITUAL ▰▰▱▱▱▱▱▱▱▱ 25% (25/100 EXP) (+1)
    DEATH ▰▰▱▱▱▱▱▱▱▱ 26% (26/100 EXP) (+1)
    OTHERWORLD ▰▰▱▱▱▱▱▱▱▱ 25% (25/100 EXP) (+1)
    SPIRITS ▰▰▱▱▱▱▱▱▱▱ 24% (24/100 EXP) (+1)
    REALITY ▰▰▱▱▱▱▱▱▱▱ 24% (24/100 EXP) (+1)
    BLACK ▰▰▱▱▱▱▱▱▱▱ 20% (20/100 EXP) (+1)
    DIVINITY ▰▰▱▱▱▱▱▱▱▱ 28% (28/100 EXP) (+1)
    FORBIDDEN ▰▰▱▱▱▱▱▱▱▱ 20% (20/100 EXP) (+1)
    INSIGHT ▰▰▱▱▱▱▱▱▱▱ 25% (25/100 EXP) (+1)
    MAGIC ▰▰▱▱▱▱▱▱▱▱ 25% (25/100 EXP) (+1)
    ONEIROCLAST ▰▰▱▱▱▱▱▱▱▱ 23% (23/100 EXP) (+1)

6. - Top - End - #126

So much uncertainty. So much worry. Despite being thrown into a world more advanced than his wildest dreams dared to grasp, he was forging a path even they had not foreseen. Miryks was a butterfly, desperately flapping his wings to control the storm they would create. In the end, regardless of the Kindler's assistance, the choice fell to him. As did the consequences.

It was an old wish, echoed by millions. Go back in time with your present knowledge, and relive the decisions that most haunt you. Turn the moments of your darkest fears into your greatest triumphs. The confidence buried within that wish was intoxicating. Life would always change for the better, trading bitter regret for sweet victory. But what of the consciousness that stumbled over those decisions? The being that walked the path to become who you are today, failures and all. Would your future self so easily rend that soul from existence to seize control at a pivotal moment? What if here, and now, was the moment his future decided to drop in and subsume his existence? The thought filled him with a cold dread, but hadn't he fantasized about doing the very same?

A pang tore at the flame's heart from a memory long forgotten. The moment had cut him so deep he was surprised to learn he had forgotten the scar. There was a girl, once. The promise of love, of a family. But the price had been too steep for him, she had asked too much. In the scales of his soul, her love had not been worth the sacrifice of his art. It was all he had growing up, a treasure no one could spirit away. He hadn't trusted her, or himself for that matter, enough to lay down his brush. Miryks would be hard pressed to say he had made the correct decision, after living through so many decades of blood and bile. Love had never come knocking at his door again. For a moment, Miryks considered this wish: implanting his mind into a youthful body to take her hand and damn the brush. It wouldn't work.

The words stunned him, interrupting his thoughts as he allowed himself to take full stock of the man he was today, contrasted to the boy who still remembered red as the color of roses. He was the same person, yes, but different in all the ways that mattered. He was no longer the boy she had fallen in love with. Miryks could hardly even remember the lad himself. It would be a poor reflection of who he had been, a parody of the life and love that he had once known. Would it be the same for this new life?

"I cannot say whether or not the Kinder's prowess would be enough to make up for my own lack of experience. If am to be the first, then I will endeavor to do it right." Each option was as good, or bad, as the other. One relied solely on the Kindler. The other, himself and the promise The Magister left him with. The Hexe-Cross's true intentions were her own, and he would need to deal with their fallout if and when they ever came to light.

"The Patron, Relicuum Cas'Haphel, is agreed to."

Show
    Diplomacy - (1d20+20)[26] Accepting Patron
    Sense Motive - (1d20+17)[37] The Hexe-Cross giving the Age offer to the Kindler instead of waiting for me to accept it
    Show
    flat_footed

Extended Signature

7. - Top - End - #127
    Troll in the Playground

"The deal is struck." A small flash of pale light sparked from the Kindler's rod of bells, jumping off the candelabra and throwing itself into the burning chalice. The ghostly woman sighed. "Your haphazard haste will one day be the end of you. You need not to have accepted any terms now. Just as you did not with the Magister. Their blessings have been held by me as proxy. Only the terms of those blessings need to be negotiated for, though once they are minted and offered to me, that offer is sealed... Though, there is no limit to the amount of proposals which might be made. Do not make it a habit of jumping at the slightest provocation. Most would-be benefactors would make and mint a dozen poor offers, before a single honest deal might be proposed. If for no other purpose than just to gauge your measure. All such blessings should be held by me, for they cannot be easily removed once offered to the chalice." The Kindler's words inadvertently answered his own ponderings. He'd wondered why the Hexe had offered the blessing to the Kindler, though when he thought about it, the same had been done with the Magister. If he understood her words, benefactors made it a point to cut a deal quickly, before terms could be renegotiated further. Once the proverbial 'product' was packaged and wrapped, there was no reassembling it. A new 'product' might be argued for which provided the same thing, but it behooved the benefactor to press their advantage and make negotiations as short and curt as possible. Just like pressing and attack, keeping the enemy on their heels offered them no time to offer a well-thought counter. It was a test of acuity just as it was a test of patience, and he'd bitten the first crumb offered without a second-thought. He took a mental note that the flickering gray flame of the Hexe had not departed. "The deal does not appear to be a poor one, but you've set an unfavorable image of yourself. Impulsive. Easy to manipulate, even with a word of council in your ear. Remember, we do not know who is watching. Nor has the Hexe departed, which means she has other business with you. Her blessing was likely what she needed, but not what she wanted. Whatever the reason, she required you to agree to her initial terms with her choice of Patron. The rest is merely convenience. As that was. perhaps, her only requirement in being here, you've lost a powerful card to play in extorting more favorable terms. You've both revealed a weakness and relinquished her own. Not an ideal position. Now, she can afford to be much more ruthless in how she handles you... Know, that it benefits her, or any benefactor, to make the benefits provided within each blessing as small as possible and avoid offering more than one thing at any time. Many small bites, to devour the whole. I do not believe you will receive any fair deals without extensive negotiations now, with any benefactor. Do not make this mistake again. With blood in the water who knows what else might be drawn to the bargaining table. Now that the cautiousness held by threat of my intervention has been lessened by your display, you will appear a more lucrative target. I advise you to begin with a new base-line of rejecting any and all future offers, regardless of what it is. If they care enough the blessing will still be offered to me for holding, where we can evaluate it further at a later time." [Miryks: Sense Motive - Success] [Miryks: Diplomacy - Success]

"If you are ready, we will move onto transcribing your page and preserving what we can of your previous life. You may receive offers and utilize blessings at any time, both during this process or any other. Keep that in mind as we proceed. If you run short of resources, we may need to revisit negotiations."

Show
    CHARACTER STATUS

MIRYKS'S EXPERIENCE (11,770xp)
    (⮸ +150xp)

MIRYKS'S INFLUENCES
    FLAME▰▰▰▱▱▱▱▱▱▱ 30% (30/100 EXP) (+1)
    TRUTH▰▰▱▱▱▱▱▱▱▱ 24% (24/100 EXP) (+1)
    DREAMS ▰▰▰▱▱▱▱▱▱▱ 31% (31/100 EXP) (+1)
    NIGHTMARES ▰▰▰▱▱▱▱▱▱▱ 31% (31/100 EXP) (+1)
    BEASTS ▰▰▱▱▱▱▱▱▱▱ 23% (23/100 EXP) (+1)
    RITUAL ▰▰▱▱▱▱▱▱▱▱ 26% (26/100 EXP) (+1)
    DEATH ▰▰▱▱▱▱▱▱▱▱ 27% (27/100 EXP) (+1)
    OTHERWORLD ▰▰▱▱▱▱▱▱▱▱ 26% (26/100 EXP) (+1)
    SPIRITS ▰▰▱▱▱▱▱▱▱▱ 25% (25/100 EXP) (+1)
    REALITY ▰▰▱▱▱▱▱▱▱▱ 25% (25/100 EXP) (+1)
    BLACK ▰▰▱▱▱▱▱▱▱▱ 21% (21/100 EXP) (+1)
    DIVINITY ▰▰▱▱▱▱▱▱▱▱ 29% (29/100 EXP) (+1)
    FORBIDDEN ▰▰▱▱▱▱▱▱▱▱ 21% (21/100 EXP) (+1)
    INSIGHT ▰▰▱▱▱▱▱▱▱▱ 26% (26/100 EXP) (+1)
    MAGIC ▰▰▱▱▱▱▱▱▱▱ 26% (26/100 EXP) (+1)
    ONEIROCLAST ▰▰▱▱▱▱▱▱▱▱ 24% (24/100 EXP) (+1)

8. - Top - End - #128
    Bugbear in the Playground

Stella took a moment to let the information sink in before sorting through it all while trying to devise a way out of the current situation. The mention that the Keeper was still battling Adessa was somewhat nice to know, if both of them were still busy then she could possibly get away with doing some things. The issue of Fragments though was the biggest problem, Stella knew that she did not have any fragments and really only had the memories of her experiences that she was currently trading to be able to try and get some. Stella's mind almost missed an important bit of information, A Teller could be used for both travel and possibly to trade for some of these fragments. Looking up to Ulbeelta she figured it was worth a shot to see if he would be able to put her into contact with a Teller, "I thank you for all this useful information. I am curious now about something, Could you either put me into contact with a Teller or possibly bring a Teller here for me to speak to and possibly trade with for these Fragments? Since they are one of the typical ways that my kind would travel I believe that a Teller would be my best bet to leave this passage. I am also curious, do you know if there is a circle of black in this passage that I could access?"

Show

Know Abstract: (1d20+12)[19] or (1d20+12)[31] - Trying to think how I could use a circle of black to travel

9. - Top - End - #129
    Troll in the Playground

The great wolf's face seemed to twist into a vicious sneer from across the clutch of stars when she mentioned the Circle of Black. "A Black Circle... In L'Chandal? I'll pretend you did not utter such disgusting words. I would take great pleasure in killing any Witch foolish enough to consort with such a vile thing." Perhaps it had simply been too long since she had once been Alicia, but she did not need any whispers to remind her of those things which she already knew. The things she already learned. There were, according to what she recalled, only three Circles of Black currently in existence. They were rare and sacred places to Vet'Cnros, secret places hidden from everything. This is where new Veils were woven. Where the powers of the very same Forbidden Knowledge which nearly destroyed her long ago could be wielded. The place new magics were born. Unfortunately, the nature of Circles was of course, inherently evil, and involved long and arduous rituals to find the perfect child to murder which might appease the Pale Lady. A forgotten deity no longer worshipped by Vet'Cnros. A Circle naturally shifted a large space of reality towards imbalance, as it become aligned with the Black. Of course, this knowledge was known almost exclusively only to herself. For all intents and purposes, there were no other Veil Witches which could even create a Circle of Black... None, save for herself. After her departure from Zhenu'Magath and her trials in the L'Lotha, she had recovered the Potential which enlightened her to this forsaken knowledge long ago. It was her single largest secret she carried. For if others knew, she would become a threat to reality itself. Both feared and adored by her own people. Tirelessly hunted by all who opposed the Black. The resurgence of dead-magics long gone from the Garden which could threaten the very balance within the Three Worlds. It was certainly best that she never mentioned having come across such a gift to anyone she did not trust absolutely. This was doubly so in regard to the creature known as Ulbeelta, who existed solely for the purpose of eliminating those things which threatened the natural order, cosmic balance, the Laws and Authority of the universe... All such things were a mere nuisance to a Veil Witch. They were agents of chaos and darkness. Nothing capitalized this more than the holy ground in which they crafted their most sinister of spells. The Domain of Black. [Stella: Knowledge Abstract - Success]

"While it is 'physically' possible for a Teller to come to this place.... It will not happen. The Dark Teller, the Emissary along with most of L'Chandal are above... In the Crucible Hall. Dealing with the aftermath of your mentor's attack, and looking for someone to blame. I could send you up for a cost... But I would take care revealing your identity, though I'm sure you will inevitably be discovered. Perhaps you might resolve your business before then." [Stella: Experience Points Traded - 2,079exp]

Show
    CHARACTER STATUS

STELLA'S EXPERIENCE (204,563xp) (⮸ +250), (⮯ -5,176 Exp Cost)

STELLA'S INFLUENCES
    LEARNING ▰▱▱▱▱▱▱▱▱▱ 14% (14/100 EXP) (+1)
    INSIGHT▱▱▱▱▱▱▱▱▱▱ 9% (9/100 EXP) (+1)
    SOVEREIGNTY ▱▱▱▱▱▱▱▱▱▱ 5% (5/100 EXP) (+1)
    NOBILITY ▱▱▱▱▱▱▱▱▱▱ 5% (5/100 EXP) (+1)
    DISCOVERY ▰▱▱▱▱▱▱▱▱▱ 18% (18/100 EXP) (+1)
    TRAVEL ▰▱▱▱▱▱▱▱▱▱ 11% (11/100 EXP) (+1)
    VEIL ▱▱▱▱▱▱▱▱▱▱ 7% (7/100 EXP) (+1)
    EVIL ▱▱▱▱▱▱▱▱▱▱ 7% (7/100 EXP) (+1)
    CURSE ▰▱▱▱▱▱▱▱▱▱ 10% (10/100 EXP) (+1)
    MEMORY ▱▱▱▱▱▱▱▱▱▱ 6% (6/100 EXP) (+1)
    WORLDS ▰▰▱▱▱▱▱▱▱▱ 21% (21/100 EXP) (+2)
    APPRENTICE ▰▱▱▱▱▱▱▱▱▱ 11% (11/100 EXP) (+1)
    ANCESTORS ▰▱▱▱▱▱▱▱▱▱ 10% (10/100 EXP) (+1)
    ORIGIN ▰▱▱▱▱▱▱▱▱▱ 12% (12/100 EXP) (+1)
    DIVINITY ▱▱▱▱▱▱▱▱▱▱ 9% (9/100 EXP) (+1)
    LEGENDS ▱▱▱▱▱▱▱▱▱▱ 7% (7/100 EXP) (+1)
    PAST-LIFE ▰▱▱▱▱▱▱▱▱▱ 10% (10/100 EXP) (+1)
    ※REINCARNATION ▱▱▱▱▱▱▱▱▱▱ 5% (5/100 EXP)
    CASTING TRADITION ▰▱▱▱▱▱▱▱▱▱ 12% (12/100 EXP) (+2)

10. - Top - End - #130

His focus had wavered, just for an instant, and the Kindler was ready with a fresh reprimand. Miryks had allowed his concentration to fall onto the regression and he had accepted the Patron prematurely as a result. Now things were going to be that much harder.

"An offer could always be improved, I suppose you are correct, Kindler. I'll consider my words to better match my intention behind them." Not accepting the Magister's offer had been as much a happy accident as it was a tactful decision. Once her offer had been tendered to the Kindler, she had departed. The Hexe-Cross was already demanding his attention, and so it had been far easier to accept things as they were and move on without a word of agreement from himself. It seemed as if his subconscious was better at this than he was when he tried. He was rapidly finding a way to lose with the winning hand, and he had better get out of his own thrice-cursed way.

In truth, it wasn't the Hexe-Cross that had distracted him, but his own thoughts. The more he considered forcing his mind into another's life, the less he liked it. Miryks couldn't have cared less if it was someone else's dilemma, or was an unobtainable exercise of his own invention, but this was a cold truth he was facing up to. The thought of taking over a child's life was distasteful, eclipsing the loss of his own masculinity to better adhere to the power structure of the witches."But yes, let us continue."

He would have to be careful now, to the point of obstinance if the Kindler was to be believed. He was again reminded her influence was arguably worth more than his own instinct. Miryks's own understanding couldn't hold a candle to hers, uncharted territory notwithstanding. At least her guesses and assumptions were based on experience, while his own were little more than blind shots in the dark. And even that may be giving me more credit than I'm due..

"Though I am curious. How does assuming this new life start? Is the life lived to a point where our work comes to fruition and I take over, or are the years merely simulated and implanted into a shell?" There, the thought was stated plainly now. Better to worry himself over a certainty than to fret over a possibility. The Gods knew he could ill afford to lose his concentration again once the Kinder began her work in earnest.

Show
    Diplomacy - (1d20+20)[24] Speaking with the Kindler
    Sense Motive - (1d20+17)[33] The Hexe-Cross's reactions
    Perception - (1d20+19)[33] Keeping an eye on the courtyard
    Show
    flat_footed

Extended Signature

11. - Top - End - #131

Stella silently cursed at herself at her blunder, of course Ulbeelta wouldn't like Circles of Black him being about Law and Authority of universe. Though now she did wonder what other dead-magics could she possibly learn, if she was able to learn one why not another. As she pondered this possibility, she kept listening to Ulbeelta. Bringing a Teller here would be the best option of course, but it sounded as if the Teller might be busy helping to fix what Adessa had destroyed. Stella was not certain who might be able to help her but without very many options she figured it would be best to just make her way to whatever this Crucible Hall was. Her mind turned that name over trying to find memories of what the Crucible Hall. "If the Teller can't come here then it definitely sounds like I need to go the Crucible Hall... What is the Crucible Hall exactly? Though, if the Teller is assisting with fixing everything, it might be best to see my options once I arrive. Is there any assistance that you could provide to keep my Identity Hidden? If not that if fine and I would pay the cost for you to go ahead and send me up. If you are able to then please let me know what it would cost and I can see if I would be able to afford the price."

Show

Know Abstract: (1d20+12)[20] or (1d20+12)[28] - Trying to think of any other Dead-Magics that I could learn or remember
    Know Abstract: (1d20+12)[29] or (1d20+12)[23] - Information on the Crucible Hall

12. - Top - End - #132
    Troll in the Playground

Stella took a moment to consider other abandoned schools of magic. There were in fact... many. As time marched and the culture of the Second World changed, many practices died out as various traditions became unfashionable. Much in the same way that modern playwriters did not fumble through antiquated scripts, or poets often avoided archaic verses, much was the same in terms of magic. Magical systems were akin to languages, and while new 'words' might be born from old ones, those older words were often left decrepit and forgotten. This was capitalized when looking at Sunjath'lan casting traditions - of which, there were three. Meanwhile the Ros'wussrun refined easily a dozen or more. As Vet'Cnros, she herself was caught between the three traditions of her own kin, each secreting away their own practices from each other. Yet, all magic disciplines were drawn from, what were referred to as 'Casting Spheres'. These groups of arcane schools were categorized by their origins. Of which, there were three known. In the case of modern Vet'Cnros casting, each principle was drawn from either the Sunjath'la Sphere or the Ros'wussrun Sphere. In the case of Veils, this was from the Sunjath'la Sphere. Severance was from the Ros'wussrun Sphere. These were the two general traditions which she knew, however, there was many lost Vet'Cnros traditions which hailed from the Third Sphere, known as 'The Beyond'. Of course Stella was not sure exactly what these traditions were, as they predated her race. Yet, she knew they most certainly were a thing, though such pursuits remained as fringe-practice, or was outright heretical depending on who might overhear. To those knowledgeable of such things, speaking of such practices was incredibly rude, while to the uninitiated, responses could vary. Most usually somewhere between annoyance, curiosity or outright disgust. Witches who observed modern traditionalist values, such as certain Sunjath'la found such talk beyond offensive. These were knowings best pursued in private with likeminded students of the occult. [Stella: Knowledge Abstract - Success]

To a significant degree, she could recall that it had been herself, in her life before rebirth who had contributed greatly to L'Chandal. The Otherworld of the Crucible had, for the most part, always existed. Yet, it had been her Veil which had constructed the arcane workings which allowed the denizens who reigned behind the curtain of reality to pull their strings of various realities. Namely, World Veils, fabricating life endlessly to feed the engine which fueled the Lesser Worlds. As the Black Magister, she was the master of one of the three Order Factions of the Lesser Conclave, known as the Black Conclave. Under her guidance, her Order allowed L'Chandal to function in its modern manner, efficiently allowing the generation of energy which could be harvested and spent to sustain the Lesser Worlds of the Real. It had been a grand gift to the House of Black which had solidified their Order's favor with the House. In a way, this place had once been her home lifetimes ago... It was a strange feeling now as distant faded memories played across the back of her mind. The Crucible Hall had been a significantly large demi-plane she had assembled beneath the first-few existential phases of reality. It was where most of the internal workings of the Crucible were managed. An arcane 'engine room' of sorts, if the Otherworld were a proverbial ship. It was not a place which anyone was meant to go to, but it had been a place which she and her Magisters had most frequented. Like a tree-house squirreled away in some hole beneath existence. Due to its sensitive nature, it was also somewhat of a fortress, at least in regard to resisting instability and planar shattering. While their creations within the Otherworld had been gifted away long ago, it was not unheard of for Magisters of the Black Order to flee to that familiar haven. Remembering this now, hearing that it had now been crowded with.... whatever had escaped there, filled her with a distasteful and conflicted feeling. It had been long since she had been to that secret place. Perhaps she had left something for herself there before her revival should she ever return. [Stella: Knowledge Abstract - Success]

The great star-wolf shifted uncomfortably. It was the first time Stella had seen such an awkward gesture from the cosmic being. "No. Not fixing. That much you misunderstand. This damage could not have been wrought without the Dark Teller's meddling to begin with. Adessa has been gifted greater power than any one mortal should ever possess. The Mados has broken the balance with boons beyond sense or reason. Those who gather mean to voice their complaints. Seek restitution. Or mend this damage, but things are not proceeding well. I do not possess the means to disguise an aspect's life-essence, nor the means to alter the rules which govern an aspect. You remain the prime-aspect of yourself, though for those who had never met you, it is likely you would simply pass unnoticed. Merely the aspect of yet another Magister... It might be for the best. The Black Conclave has also been called upon to settle this matter. Many seek to blame them, or yourself. Perhaps both. It is a great crisis for all mortal life should L'Chandal remain broken, for there can exist no mortal life without it. Without the Crucible, the Lesser Worlds will inevitably perish." [Stella: Experience Points Traded - 2,088exp]

"No one knows the Halls better than you. For it was your hand which once fashioned it. The Crucible Hall is a plane tucked between the greater and lesser existential phases, whose purpose was solely to create an unbreakable bastion from which L'Chandal could be controlled and monitored. All of the inner workings of the Crucible remain there. There are untold secrets to this plane known to none save for the Black Conclave who maintained the secret of its existence until now. This is almost all that is known of this planar space... If you wish to depart. I will claim ten-thousand of your experiences in exchange." [Stella: Experience Points Traded - 1,188exp]

Show
    CHARACTER STATUS

STELLA'S EXPERIENCE (201,587xp) (⮸ +300), (⮯ -3,276 Exp Cost)

STELLA'S INFLUENCES
    LEARNING ▰▱▱▱▱▱▱▱▱▱ 14% (15/100 EXP) (+1)
    INSIGHT▰▱▱▱▱▱▱▱▱▱ 10% (10/100 EXP) (+1)
    SOVEREIGNTY ▱▱▱▱▱▱▱▱▱▱ 6% (6/100 EXP) (+1)
    NOBILITY ▱▱▱▱▱▱▱▱▱▱ 6% (6/100 EXP) (+1)
    DISCOVERY ▰▱▱▱▱▱▱▱▱▱ 19% (19/100 EXP) (+1)
    TRAVEL ▰▱▱▱▱▱▱▱▱▱ 12% (12/100 EXP) (+1)
    VEIL ▱▱▱▱▱▱▱▱▱▱ 8% (8/100 EXP) (+1)
    EVIL ▱▱▱▱▱▱▱▱▱▱ 8% (8/100 EXP) (+1)
    CURSE ▰▱▱▱▱▱▱▱▱▱ 11% (11/100 EXP) (+1)
    MEMORY ▱▱▱▱▱▱▱▱▱▱ 7% (7/100 EXP) (+1)
    WORLDS ▰▰▱▱▱▱▱▱▱▱ 22% (22/100 EXP) (+2)
    APPRENTICE ▰▱▱▱▱▱▱▱▱▱ 12% (12/100 EXP) (+1)
    ANCESTORS ▰▱▱▱▱▱▱▱▱▱ 11% (11/100 EXP) (+1)
    ORIGIN ▰▱▱▱▱▱▱▱▱▱ 13% (13/100 EXP) (+1)
    DIVINITY ▰▱▱▱▱▱▱▱▱▱ 10% (10/100 EXP) (+1)
    LEGENDS ▱▱▱▱▱▱▱▱▱▱ 8% (8/100 EXP) (+1)
    PAST-LIFE ▰▱▱▱▱▱▱▱▱▱ 15% (15/100 EXP) (+5)
    REINCARNATION ▱▱▱▱▱▱▱▱▱▱ 6% (6/100 EXP) (+1)
    CASTING TRADITION ▰▱▱▱▱▱▱▱▱▱ 16% (16/100 EXP) (+4)

13. - Top - End - #133

As memories of Stella's previous life rose to the surface, she tried to concentrate on how the Crucible would control the lesser worlds as well she rolled around what she could remember regarding the traditions she could remember. Her hand in creating the Crucible could potentially be a huge boon, but she would have to try and remember more regarding the place. Stella mulled over the memories while listening to Ulbeelta, and she could only nod as the being spoke about Adessa's power. Stella knew Adessa was powerful, and considering the current circumstances, she couldn't help but agree that maybe the Balance had been a bit broken, yet she couldn't bring herself to care about the imbalance. "Well, at least the Teller won't be against me, hopefully... The memories of the Crucible are slowly returning to me, and I hope I remember more once I get there. Your assistance has been most welcome and likely has changed things for the better. I accept the cost to send me to the Crucible and believe that I am ready to depart."

Show

Know Abstract: (1d20+12)[15] or (1d20+12)[22] - Trying to remember what I can about Severance, like what sorta effects it had.
    Know Abstract: (1d20+12)[13] or (1d20+12)[22] - Curious as to what other Magisters were in the Black Order and what I know of them.
    Know Arcana: (1d20+10)[26] - Trying to remember how the Crucible controlled the lessers (Rolled OOC)
    Spellcraft - (1d20+10)[25] - Trying to remember how the Crucible controlled the lessers (Rolled OOC)
    Perception: (1d20+10)[23] - Perception for when i get to the Crucible to see who/what i can see

Last edited by forg99rules; 2023-11-12 at 10:26 AM.