New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 20 of 23 FirstFirst ... 1011121314151617181920212223 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #571
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Default Re: IC II: DH The Purity of Sacrifice

Marcella

Quote Originally Posted by Wyndeward View Post
    Arl pretended to think about matters for a few moments, more to placate, or perhaps annoy the Interrogator.

"To be honest, sir, I hadn't considered that I might have to speak -- usually, I can manage to slip about unremarked, if not unnoticed. That having been said, having someone who can speak the local dialect would be something of an advantage and, seeing as I would likely be outnumbered several thousand to one if matters spun out of control, a little back up would be a help."

The Pysker listened to Arl and nodded, before swiveling her eyes back to Ezekiel.

"Am I to accompany yourself, or Arl, sir?"
    "Of all the words by tongue and pen, by far the saddest are "I could have been...""

"The first rule of success is to have a vision. You see if you don’t have a vision of where you are going, if you don’t have a goal for where to go, you’ll drift around and never end up anywhere...can you imagine a majority of people don't know where they are going? I knew where I was going!” – Arnold Schwarzenegger

2. - Top - End - #572
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

(OOC: Thank you all for the patience. Post rate to start getting better now)

The Interrogator shrugs, as if the whole conversation is only a minor bother. "It sounds like you shall be assisting sir Arl then," he says casually, allowing himself to crack another grin, "Besides, it will probably be cheaper than your going undercover in a ballgown and prosthetics."

He pauses for a moment and again surveys the group. He takes a deep sigh then says, "Well then, is there anything else we want to bring up or discuss?" He looks out expectantly over the acolytes.
    Spoiler: Games I am Currently Running
    Show
    San Francisco by Night (Vampire the Requiem 2E)

New Bedford by Night (Werewolf the Forsaken 2E)

New Orleans by Night (Changeling the Lost 2E)

3. - Top - End - #573
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Marcella

Quote Originally Posted by Bennosuke View Post
    (OOC: Thank you all for the patience. Post rate to start getting better now)

The Interrogator shrugs, as if the whole conversation is only a minor bother. "It sounds like you shall be assisting sir Arl then," he says casually, allowing himself to crack another grin, "Besides, it will probably be cheaper than your going undercover in a ballgown and prosthetics."

He pauses for a moment and again surveys the group. He takes a deep sigh then says, "Well then, is there anything else we want to bring up or discuss?" He looks out expectantly over the acolytes.

Marcella nodded dispassionately, "Yes sir," her response neutral.

'You blew it! By the Emperor's arse you blew our chance to go to that ball! We could've looked a million thrones if you had've just kept your big mouth shut!'

Marcella did her best to ignore her inner monologue and disappointment, reminding herself that the mission was above her own personal desires. If the mission was best served by her assisting Arl, rather than dressing up in a lovely gown, then that's what had to be done.

"No further questions, sir."
    "Of all the words by tongue and pen, by far the saddest are "I could have been...""

"The first rule of success is to have a vision. You see if you don’t have a vision of where you are going, if you don’t have a goal for where to go, you’ll drift around and never end up anywhere...can you imagine a majority of people don't know where they are going? I knew where I was going!” – Arnold Schwarzenegger

4. - Top - End - #574
    Ettin in the Playground

'I take it Arl's thing can't wait then?' Orla had been ignoring the details of whatever the big man was up to unless she was needed to help with it.

And for questions, 'If I'm going to this party thing I'd only want to know how sneaky I'm allowed to be? Not hurting people who aren't trying to hurt me first is obvious, but if there's a reason to explore the house a bit while I'm looking for the toilet say? Of course if you're coming along I can run it by you or Hound first.'

5. - Top - End - #575
    Ettin in the Playground

Flumph

"Yes, what are your instructions for the ball, Interrogator? Do you wish us to remain on hand and observe while you seek out leads, or should we prepare to fan out and attempt to procure information by speaking to our counterparts among the retinues of other nobles?"

6. - Top - End - #576
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

The Interrogator raises an eyebrow at the questions, but nods approvingly. "Unfortunately, Lord Durchesse himself is not hosting the ball. The Lord, his family, and his associates are our primary targets," Ezekiel says in reply, "as long as you can maintain your cover, and not get caught, I will trust you to make... intelligent decisions. You do not need to stand by my side the whole evening, though I will be doing my best to keep an eye on your activities if I can." He pauses for a moment, and then seeming to quote from memory adds, "The Solstice Ball will be held at the manor of Grand General Parniple, a retired leader of The Emperor's navy in this subsector. My understanding is that Parniple has developed quiet a taste for the fine and expensive things in his retirement, and has built himself a rather lavish mansion, with a dining hall large enough to host an entire garrison of guardsmen. He is reportedly a social acquaintance of our Lord Durchesse, though how friendly the two are, I am not really sure. The party should be crowded enough to allow for some anonymity, though it may also make things more difficult, as I can't imagine many know the secret affairs of Durchesse and his cronies. It also goes without saying that some degree of discretion will be necessary to avoid drawing too much attention."

To Orla he adds, "Yes, I presume it will be rather useful gathering intel on the Rogue Trader as well. Having two avenues for potential investigation will increase our likelihood of walking away with something we can use."
    Last edited by Bennosuke; 2024-02-24 at 08:32 PM.
    Show

7. - Top - End - #577
    Barbarian in the Playground

Beholder

Arl gave a sigh of relief inwardly, grateful to have back-up for the infiltration. Marcella was sharp -- he hadn't even considered that folks might peg him as an outsider due to his accent.

8. - Top - End - #578
    Ettin in the Playground

Orla will think for a second and nod. 'If this guy's a soldier rather then just another noble he might be more likely to have other people like that as guests or working at his house. Might be easier to talk to people like that anyway.'

To Marcella, 'If you're not going I'm still going to need clothes. Maybe I can get away going in there as security looking like this, but people are going to stare and might remember me later.' Orla dresses in the mass produced clothing of a factory worker and assumed she would look out of place at a fancy party even if she left her animal fur cloak at home.

9. - Top - End - #579
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Marcella

Quote Originally Posted by Haval View Post
    To Marcella, 'If you're not going I'm still going to need clothes. Maybe I can get away going in there as security looking like this, but people are going to stare and might remember me later.' Orla dresses in the mass produced clothing of a factory worker and assumed she would look out of place at a fancy party even if she left her animal fur cloak at home.

Marcella nodded slowly, though Orla could detect a hint of sadness in her large, brown eyes.

"I can help you," she said, "I'll locate and book a tailor you, to get you custom fitted for a suit. And a hair stylist. You're going to have to bathe as well. I can work on your nails for you, they need to look clean and presentable. You're going to look very dapper."
    Last edited by BananaPhone; 2024-02-25 at 10:23 PM.

10. - Top - End - #580
    Ettin in the Playground

'We don't have to go nuts, but whatever works.' Orla looked uncomfortable. 'I'm not sure I'd know where to start. Assuming they even let me in the building in the first place.' She had noted the sad look on Marcella's face. 'Maybe if there's a next time we swap.'

11. - Top - End - #581
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Marcella

Quote Originally Posted by Haval View Post
    'We don't have to go nuts, but whatever works.' Orla looked uncomfortable. 'I'm not sure I'd know where to start. Assuming they even let me in the building in the first place.' She had noted the sad look on Marcella's face. 'Maybe if there's a next time we swap.'

Marc pursed her lips and gently shook her head.

"Nuts you must go," she responded, "though you are not to out-shine your Lord," she gestures to the Interrogator, "your appearance reflects on him: a fine suit and appearance speaks well of your employer. We will get you fitted for a tailored suit, and a hair stylist will fashion your helm into something sleek and presentable. Don't worry, I'll make the bookings; you just need to rock up," the Psyker offered a smile.

12. - Top - End - #582
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

It was several days later when Arl heard from Pip, who had sent message to Commisar's Tavern that "the bird has landed". A few communications later, Pip had agreed to meet Arl and his "comrade" the next morning at the Tavern to fulfill his end of the bargain, assumedly to get the two of them onto Cassimere's newly docked ship. Pip had of course reminded Arl of his promise for twenty thrones when they met, and the other 60, once they were aboard.

Of course the tavern would be closed so early, but a this hour most of the hive prolls would likely be busy on their way to work and hopefully there would space enough for them to meet and talk without drawing attention.

(OOC: Please describe how you are dressing and what equipment you are taking to meet Pip)

Marcella and Arl had left early to meet their contact, the morning of the ball, and though the event was still many hours away, Interrogator Ezekiel had gone door to door knocking on everyone's rooms and requesting that they gather in his study. When everyone is up and dressed, and caffeinated enough to meet, they find the Interrogator rather under dressed to his usual fashion. Wearing a pair of dirty coveralls, the Interrogator's also had a large rebreather strapped around his neck. The bulbous mask would likely cover his entire face when worn. Whether he had already gone out like that, or was planning to after the meeting was unclear. Ezekiel was busy shuffling around files on his desk and tapping through a bulky data slate.

When the group was gathered, Ezekiel will pass out the files, envelopes filled each with an individualized falsified ID card, and a small dataslate. "Your covers have been taken care of," he says hurriedly, "and the data slate has a small background on each of your covers. Thank you for your help in building them. I also have gathered a little more intel about the ball and who will be attending. The data slate has a summary of most the key players. It took me hours to gather and file everything. You will have the day to prepare, so I want you to do the best you can to memorize everything about your cover, and your role in tonight's mission. Your jobs will be to gather any information you can on Durchesse and his dealings. Figure out who might be involved with him in whatever this illicit xenos trade is, and figure what exactly they are up to. Anything goes, as long as you don't blow your cover or draw too much attention to yourselves. I will be around, but you should feel free to act on your own impulses and follow any leads you think worthwhile. Are we clear?"

(OOC: While I am framing this as the Interrogator assigning you your cover, please include in your next post a quick summary of the cover. Feel free to go into as much detail as you like, and feel free to have a little fun with it)
    Last edited by Bennosuke; 2024-02-28 at 06:01 PM.
    Show

13. - Top - End - #583
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Marcella

Over the next few days, Marcella had made good on her promise to help the more stylistically challenged among the group...mostly Orla. Milo had access to his own wardrobe, while Hound had his dress robes cleaned and pressed. That just left the Underhiver, the one most in need of the Psykers help. And so, she had booked a tailor for the ganger, along with a hair stylist, make up artist and manicurist. Giving the other woman the details necessary, Marcella prayed that it worked fine and that Orla would morph from ugly duckling, to stylish, dapper security detail.

Was Marcella vicariously living an attendance to the ball through Orla? Perhaps. But she wanted to help out all the same.

When it came time for Marcella and Arl to head off, the Psyker offered no complaints. Being only 5'4", she had limited 'real estate' across which to spread the items she thought she might need. She wore her black coveralls that hugged her figure, along with her utility belt, her flak cloak and First Backpack across her shoulders. She also sported an external holster on both of her thighs, one for her 13-round capacity semi-automatic pistol, the Orthlak Armsman, and the other for her new, dark revolver gifted to her by Arl himself. Meanwhile, she had a third over-the-shoulder holster for her uzi, keeping it snugly running down her side and next to her right arm, should she need to quickly draw the weapon up and discharge it. A spare magazine/reload for each weapon was on her belt, while the rest were clustered in her backpack, along with a few other items.

Bidding the rest of the group good luck and farewell, Marcella would accompany Arl to the meeting spot, periodically chatting along the way.
    Last edited by BananaPhone; 2024-02-28 at 07:50 PM.

14. - Top - End - #584
    Ettin in the Playground

After giving the matter some thought Orla has just the fake identity in mind for someone who would prefer not to be messed with.

House Liosan was a trading concern from somewhere corewards that shipped goods all over the sector. Their efforts had made them very wealthy and they maintained a local presence on many of the more populated worlds, including Helius. After a century or more of expansion they maintained the equivalent of a small army to protect their various interests from pirates and local criminals. They had more then enough of these men and woman that they had been known to hire them out as private security to the wealthy during their downtime.

Officially they had a reputation for being completely law abiding, albeit also likely to come down hard on anyone that managed to get in their way. Unofficially, they were understood in certain circles to occasionally trade in more illegal goods where they had essentially formed a partnership with planet bound criminal organisations in order to buy them off. As a smuggler, Orla had had personal experience of dealing with their representatives from the otherside. House Liosan hired a lot of people including sub-contracters from anyone that was useful to them, and so it wasn't completely implausible that a woman who sounded like she had come straight from the Hapheastein Underhive if you had reason to know the accent might be working for them. It was also a large enough organisation even on Helius that there was no reason for everyone who worked for it to know all of their colleagues. With any luck, the reputation of House Liosan ought to be just intimidating enough that she could gesture at that rather then have to answer any awkward questions.

With Marcella's help Orla is dressed to resemble the more upmarket end of the organised criminal gangs that she has sometimes had to deal with in the midhive. She wears a tailored black three piece suit under a new coat that is long enough to conceal various small weapons. She has had a professional haircut for the first time, and she is probably cleaner then she has ever been. This is perhaps the most money she has ever had reason to spend in so short a time frame, but she finds the clothes surprisely comfortable.

15. - Top - End - #585
    Ettin in the Playground

Flumph

Hound finds the entire concept of having to speak to people at an upper class ball distasteful, but if that's how the Interrogator wants things done, he isn't one to disobey.

For his cover, he gets his dark grey Administratum robes thoroughly cleaned and patched up. They're a suitable garment for Adept Third Class Toomes, seconded from the Divisio Recordari of whatever planet Ezekiel claims to come from to serve as his personal secretary. With his photographic memory, encyclopedic knowledge of all manner of lores, and skill as a copyist, it's a role he should have little trouble pulling off convincingly. As a concession to the role, he makes sure to shave properly and to cut his hair into an Administratum-approved buzz cut. A patch of dermaplast covers his bar code tattoo, all to make him as unmemorable as possible.

16. - Top - End - #586
    Ettin in the Playground

To Ezekial, 'Clear. Though something tells me there might be people there who aren't going to want to talk to the hired help. Not in public anyway. Speaking of which, do we need to know who you're pretending to be boss?'

17. - Top - End - #587
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Orla's question brings a broad smile to Ezekiel''s face, and for a moment it looks like he is about to reply how he thought you'd never ask. Then with a shrug meant to imply nonchalance, he says, "I will acting under the cover of Philius Jarkov, remote nephew of Lord Ican Jarkov the Great Grain Baron from planet Corcus. The role should imply power and wealth, while being remote and obscure enough to make it easy to keep cover. I have also deeply reviewed the family history and trade of the Jarkov's, and consider myself quiet the expert at this point."
    Show

18. - Top - End - #588
    Ettin in the Playground

Flumph

"Proper preparation prevents poor performance," Hound agrees sagely. "Would it be possible for us to partake of the same information you've used to build your cover, Interrogator? It would seem passing strange if your servants know nothing of your family and its business."

19. - Top - End - #589

Beholder

It was several days later when Arl heard from Pip, who had sent message to Commisar's Tavern that "the bird has landed". A few communications later, Pip had agreed to meet Arl and his "comrade" the next morning at the Tavern to fulfill his end of the bargain, assumedly to get the two of them onto Cassimere's newly docked ship. Pip had of course reminded Arl of his promise for twenty thrones when they met, and the other 60, once they were aboard.

Of course the tavern would be closed so early, but a this hour most of the hive prolls would likely be busy on their way to work and hopefully there would space enough for them to meet and talk without drawing attention.

(OOC: Please describe how you are dressing and what equipment you are taking to meet Pip)
    Arl dressed in the nondescript black clothes that he hoped would be seen as a dirtside laborer/longshoreman -- someone who would blend into the background and not seem too out of place. He concealed one of his stub automatics and a set of brass knuckles on his person -- even in the Mid-Hive, it didn't pay to be unarmed. To this, he added a proper knife openly at his belt -- more of a tool than a weapon, although it would do in a pinch.

20. - Top - End - #590
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

The Interrogator waves his hand away at Hound's question. With a sigh he replies, "Yes, yes. I have that here for you too." He removes a second dataslate, this one smaller and with a more simple set of keys, and hands them out to the group. "This has a summary of mine, and everyone else's cover. This way... if you all study the information provided, no one should shove their foot too far down their throat." He raises an eyebrow at Hound as if to say, "satisfied?".

(OOC: Good call. Hope that suffices)

Arl and Marcella arrive and Pip is nowhere to be seen, at least at first. With nothing better to do, the two attempt to stroll the perimeter of the bar's property, doing their best to appear casual. As they move around the back of the tavern, a voice calls from the depths of the alley. "Did ya bring the the money," Pip calls. Marcella immediately recognizes the rasping lilt of the man's voice as belonging to one born and raised in the depths of space. Turning their heads in that direction, a greasy man appears in a pair of navy blue workman coveralls. Pip's eyes dart back and forth up along the alley, before he asks, "Well, did ya?"
    Show

21. - Top - End - #591
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Marcella

Arl and Marcella arrive and Pip is nowhere to be seen, at least at first. With nothing better to do, the two attempt to stroll the perimeter of the bar's property, doing their best to appear casual. As they move around the back of the tavern, a voice calls from the depths of the alley. "Did ya bring the the money," Pip calls. Marcella immediately recognizes the rasping lilt of the man's voice as belonging to one born and raised in the depths of space. Turning their heads in that direction, a greasy man appears in a pair of navy blue workman coveralls. Pip's eyes dart back and forth up along the alley, before he asks, "Well, did ya?"

On the way over, Marcella had chatted to Arl in a mostly one-directional conversation. There wasn't anything grand in what she said, more like mundane things, with a mixture of her love of chemistry and medicine, as well as her newly acquired pilots license thrown in.

When they reached the area of the apparent rendezvous, however, the psyker went quiet and followed Arl's leads. Pips emergence didn't spook her, as she turned about to face him, her ears detecting the accent that was so similar to hers, only rougher and thicker, given her own had been refined by a decade in the academic cloisters of the Adeptus Psykana.

Saying nothing and watching for Arl's cues, Marcella stood by his side and peered at the newcomer. If she were introduced she would say nothing as she did not want to give away the fact that she was a fellow Voidborn. Instead would offer a bright, sweet and friendly smile and small nod of acknowledgement.
    Last edited by BananaPhone; 2024-03-06 at 07:08 AM.

22. - Top - End - #592
    Ettin in the Playground

"I will acting under the cover of Philius Jarkov, remote nephew of Lord Ican Jarkov the Great Grain Baron from planet Corcus. The role should imply power and wealth, while being remote and obscure enough to make it easy to keep cover. I have also deeply reviewed the family history and trade of the Jarkov's, and consider myself quiet the expert at this point."
    Orla will regard Ezekial with suspicion before electing not to say anything on the matter of the Interrogator's choice of name.

To Hound, 'Couldn't hurt. Though I reckon I can get away with claiming that the boss doesn't tell me anything anyway.'

23. - Top - End - #593
    Ettin in the Playground

Flumph

"I'm sure the information will be quite sufficient," Hound answers calmly.

"Yes, as locally hired help, I'm sure you could get away with being less knowledgeable about the intricacies of your employer's affairs," Hound agreed with Orla. "Such a thing would, however, be unforgivable for a private secretary. I shall begin studying immediately."

24. - Top - End - #594

Beholder

Arl fakes being surprised by Pip's arrival then fumbles into the pocket of his pants for the requisite payment, slowly counting out the thrones in worn bills and coins, the better to give the appearance of a small-time criminal. When he reaches the requisite amount he extends it to Pip using his left hand

"All there, Pip. If you have the way, I've got the means."
    Last edited by Wyndeward; 2024-03-07 at 06:57 PM.

25. - Top - End - #595
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Ezekiel listens to the conversation between Orla and Hound and nods his head with satisfaction. "Very well," he says with a nod, "though Orla, I suspect you have the time to at least do a little reading." He waves his hand at the three of them, and then says, "Make your preparations and we will endeavor to leave for the ball in about four and a half planetary hours. Think hard about how you will equip yourselves. My understanding is that most noblemen will be allowed a single side arm, but there should be no such courtesy extended to staff. I will not forbid you from bringing any weapons, but you will need to be very smart about it if you do. I would be prepared for at least a pat down when we enter." The Interrogator seems to focus this part on Father Milo of the three acolytes gathered, though he raises an eye toward Orla as well. Finally he says, "Unless there are any further questions, I shall dismiss you," and raises a hand to waive the group away.

(OOC: Happy to allow for continued RP here or in the implied down time, but moving thing along, see below)

Four and a half hours later, Interrogator Ezekiel is standing in the entryway. He is dressed in a fine evening suit complete with kelp spider's satin lapels, with a heavy dark green mantle draped over it. At his side is an ornate las pistol; one that would put Mercutio's to shame. He has trimmed and dyed his hair a jet black, and tied red and yellow ribbons through the back in what must be some Heliushean custom. He watches expectantly as the acolytes arrive, appraising their covers.

(OOC: Please describe how you have dressed, and what if any gear you are taking with you)

Arl hands over the thrones that The Interrogator had provided to Pip, who takes the money greedily and shows no shame as he counts the money up. He nods his head with approval as he is near the end of his arithmetic and mutters, "Very good, very good." Looking up at Arl he will say, "That looks like all of it." Then indicating Marcella he will ask, "Whose yer friend?" His eyes study the psyker with something more than curiosity. Perhaps he recognized her thin frame and slightly paler skin as markers of a fellow void born. Yet he awaited Arl's reply.
    Show

26. - Top - End - #596
    Ettin in the Playground

"though Orla, I suspect you have the time to at least do a little reading."
    Orla grins. 'Long as you can get someone to explain the big words to me boss. Maybe there's one of those servitors that talks around here somewhere.' If neccessary she'll get either Marcella or Hound to explain any relevent information to her later.

On the matter of guns. 'No guns. Fair enough. If there's food I'm sure there'll be knives somewhere in case the worst happens. Or I take a gun off someone else.' If she needed a gun at a house party then something had gone very wrong indeed, but Orla preferred to be prepared.

Spoiler: ooc
    Show

Orla doesn't have literacy for the record.

---------------

Orla is dressed like the bodyguard she is pretending to be. She wears a tailored black three piece suit with a black tie and a coat that's cut loose enough so as to not impede movement. Over her suit is a longer black coat and a belt holster containing a single autopistol that she's making no attempt to hide. The Interrogator had said no guns but she would expect to have to give it up on the way in. Surely it would look more suspiscious if she wasn't carrying. After her haircut her hair is shorter and tied back.

27. - Top - End - #597

Beholder

Arl hands over the thrones that The Interrogator had provided to Pip, who takes the money greedily and shows no shame as he counts the money up. He nods his head with approval as he is near the end of his arithmetic and mutters, "Very good, very good." Looking up at Arl he will say, "That looks like all of it." Then indicating Marcella he will ask, "Whose yer friend?" His eyes study the psyker with something more than curiosity. Perhaps he recognized her thin frame and slightly paler skin as markers of a fellow void born. Yet he awaited Arl's reply.
    Arl smiled. "Don' worry about Marcie 'ere... she represents an "innerested party" who contributed a bit of dosh to the pot -- I had to scrape hard to get the last bit together, so I had to come to terms with a backer." Arl intertwined his fingers and extended his arms, his knuckles cracking as they flexed. "Marcie 'ere is to make sure that I keep my mind on the business at hand and don' scamper off with the dosh."

28. - Top - End - #598
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Marcella

Quote Originally Posted by Wyndeward View Post
    Arl smiled. "Don' worry about Marcie 'ere... she represents an "innerested party" who contributed a bit of dosh to the pot -- I had to scrape hard to get the last bit together, so I had to come to terms with a backer." Arl intertwined his fingers and extended his arms, his knuckles cracking as they flexed. "Marcie 'ere is to make sure that I keep my mind on the business at hand and don' scamper off with the dosh."

Marcella didn't respond or say a word. Instead, she just rose her eyebrows and offered a friendly, sweet smile at Pip.
    Last edited by BananaPhone; 2024-03-09 at 08:34 AM.

29. - Top - End - #599
    Ettin in the Playground

Flumph

Hound is wearing his washed and patched bodyglove and Administratum robes. He's on loan to the Jarkov dynasty but not part of it, so he displays his loyalty to the Imperium before the individual noble family employing him. Since guns are forbidden, he brings only his dagger - hopefully he can claim it as a ceremonial item. As far as other equipment goes, he brings his auto-quill, chrono, a data-slate, and his medikit, in case "His Lordship" should overindulge in something that disagrees with him.

30. - Top - End - #600
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Ezekiel responds to Orla with a silent nod.

Spoiler: OOC@Haval
    Show
    Literacy test is only needed to read something difficult, and the skill is not needed to be capable of reading... though if you want to have your character as illiterate for RPing reasons, I won't fight you on it

Later on the landing, The Interrogator grins at the arrival of Orla and Hound. A grin spreads across his face as he nods with approval. "Strong work you two," he says, bringing his gloved hands together for a polite little clap.

Father Milo arrives shortly after, dressed in what must be his most expensive clerical robes. Layers of red and orange and white fabrics, shimmering silk and wrinkling crunchy linens swish with his steps and trail behind his feet. "Your confessor has arrived," he says with a wry grin, though a little of Ezekiel's humor seems to cool at the man's arrival. Seeing this, Milo raises both hands and says, "I have come unarmed and promise to behave."

Slowly the Interrogator replies, "Very well then." He takes one last moment to study the three before saying, "I've procured us a private lighter that can take us to the ball... in style. While I hope you are able to enjoy little bits of tonight, I want you all to remember that you are on a mission. Any last questions before we begin?"

Pip studies Arl and Marcella with narrowed eyes. His haggard face contorting into an almost comical mask of confusion and distrust. He takes several shambling steps closer to Marcella, and looks her up and down. "Yer not workin' for another Rogue Trader house or somethin', right," he croaks, half asking, half accusing. Pip even pauses to snuffle the air around the Psyker, before adding, "Cuz you got the scent of a spacer on ya. I know one when I smells one!"
    Show