New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 21 of 23 FirstFirst ... 11121314151617181920212223 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #601
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Default Re: IC II: DH The Purity of Sacrifice

Marcella

Quote Originally Posted by Bennosuke View Post
    Pip studies Arl and Marcella with narrowed eyes. His haggard face contorting into an almost comical mask of confusion and distrust. He takes several shambling steps closer to Marcella, and looks her up and down. "Yer not workin' for another Rogue Trader house or somethin', right," he croaks, half asking, half accusing. Pip even pauses to snuffle the air around the Psyker, before adding, "Cuz you got the scent of a spacer on ya. I know one when I smells one!"

Marcella shook her head.

"I was eight when they took me off the Sevastopol. I haven't been off-planet since. I missed out on the long legs I wanted," she said with a cheeky smile, holding her right hand up a few inches above her head to bring attention to her shorter than average height for a person in general, let alone a Voidborn. Additionally, twelve years during her educational and linguistical development had worn her accent down to barely existent, further lending credence to her words, all of which were true, even if she left a few things out.

"And if I was in another Rogue Trader house, I'd be doing my best to doll myself up to attract one of his sons - not slum around the docks with this guy," Marc commented with a hint of mirth, gesturing with her closest thumb to Arl.

Which is what made missing out on the Solstice Ball hurt even more, because once again, all of her words were sadly true.
    Last edited by BananaPhone; 2024-03-13 at 02:40 AM.
    "Of all the words by tongue and pen, by far the saddest are "I could have been...""

"The first rule of success is to have a vision. You see if you don’t have a vision of where you are going, if you don’t have a goal for where to go, you’ll drift around and never end up anywhere...can you imagine a majority of people don't know where they are going? I knew where I was going!” – Arnold Schwarzenegger

2. - Top - End - #602
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Pip takes one last sniff at Marcella, then replies, "Very well then," in his thin almost reedy voice. He looks her up and down, then shrugs to himself. "Right then," he says to both, seemingly satisfied, "follow me then. We'll get you aboard The Nocturne, as promised." Pip's hand floats down to squeeze the pouch of thrones he'd just gained.

Pip turns back up the alley and begins to lead the duo back towards the docking garages. Once the two have caught up, he explains how the Rogue Trader's ship has been docked for a few days now, and how security has decreased as the working crews have continued to service, refuel and restock the ship. The two will be able to enter once they are disguised as dock hands, and so their first stop will be to sneak into the crew's quarters and obtain uniforms for Arl and Marcella. Though the two have been to the docks several times now, it is clear that Pip is taking them via a route neither is familiar with. He winds in and out of rundown habs and boarded up shops. As the building become more densely populated with low cost hostels and pawn shops, Pip takes the two down a side street that terminates along the walls marking the perimeter of the dock. He stops at a pair of double doors with a sign that reads "Authorized Personnel Only", and scans an ID card sewn onto the end of his coverall sleeve. Leading the two into some sort of massive locker room big enough for a platoon, Pip grabs a pair of folded coveralls from a palate stacked with uniforms. He hands one to Marcella and the other to Arl. "Put these on," he says, and with a chuckle adds, "Up to you whether you put em on over yer clothes. They don't breathe and get hot as a sun, but ye never know if they're gonna be lice ridden."

He makes no attempt to give either privacy, though Pip's eyes seem to be not-so furtively drifting back to Marcella.
    Spoiler: Games I am Currently Running
    Show
    San Francisco by Night (Vampire the Requiem 2E)

New Bedford by Night (Werewolf the Forsaken 2E)

New Orleans by Night (Changeling the Lost 2E)

3. - Top - End - #603
    Ettin in the Playground

The way Ezekial was talking this up made Orla reconsider whether this was a good idea. Still, she ought to be able to handle a houseparty full of rich idiots who didn't even know who she was. Aloud she'll only say, 'Private lighter. Sounds expensive. I take it the pilot doesn't know who we really are?'

Spoiler: Orla's Literacy
    Show

Sometimes I post because I can't think of anything else to say.

Mechanically it doesn't make any difference. I think I'm channeling some history textbooks on literacy.

4. - Top - End - #604
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Marcella

Marcella followed "Pip", as his name was, through the grime of the space port. All the familiar sounds of her child-hood rushed back to her, and the Psyker actually found herself taking an odd comfort and enjoyment in the veritable walk down memory lane. The whirring of machines. The scent of engine grease and ozone clinging to the air. Power tools and chatter. It was just like home!

When they arrived at the changing rooms, Marcella received her jumpsuit and inspected it curiously. Pips words were true, lice weren't unknown. However, sweating like a whore in church was an equally unpleasant short-term detriment, particularly when they were here to investigate. Additionally, carrying three firearms as she was and wearing a flak coat, Marc knew that she had to choose one or the other: she could blend in, or she could stand out like a sore thumb.

Choosing the former, Marc looked around for some privacy, the wandering eyes of their companion not going unnoticed by the Psyker, who felt her skin crawl ever so slightly at the attention he was giving her. Seeing little to work with, an idea went off in Marcella's head, as she disrobed her flak coat and then strung it up between two lockers to create a make-shift curtain that would afford her the privacy to change as necessary. Satisfied and nodding once to herself, Marc slipped behind the coverings and first took off her weapon belt, her outer-thigh holsters and her shoulder holster, before ensuring the safety was on for each weapon and depositing the lot into her backpack. Then she got out of her own coveralls and changed into the navy blue coveralls provided, the larger size of the clothes rendering them somewhat loose and a touch baggy on the shorter, slim psyker.

Now that she was changed and clothed, she drew the impromptu curtain down, and folded her flak cloak neatly and placed it into her backpack, along with her weapons. Next, she rubbed some grease over her face and neck, to better mimic blending in. She knew from experience that all she really needed was to look like she belonged and to look busy, and next to no one would bother them.
    Last edited by BananaPhone; 2024-03-13 at 09:27 PM.
    "Of all the words by tongue and pen, by far the saddest are "I could have been...""

"The first rule of success is to have a vision. You see if you don’t have a vision of where you are going, if you don’t have a goal for where to go, you’ll drift around and never end up anywhere...can you imagine a majority of people don't know where they are going? I knew where I was going!” – Arnold Schwarzenegger

5. - Top - End - #605
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

To Marcella's relief, Pip does not disrupt her privacy while she changes.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Will wait to allow Wynd a chance to reply/RP but can otherwise move things forward soon.

Also, how big is Marcella's backpack???
    Show

6. - Top - End - #606
    Ettin in the Playground

Flumph

"We should work out code words and/or hand signals to discreetly alert one another if aid is required or our cover is blown and we need to beat a hasty retreat. Will the lighter remain on station or will the pilot leave once we've arrived at the party?" Hound says.

7. - Top - End - #607
    Ettin in the Playground

'Like a nose scratch or something? Anything worse then that I'm sure the trouble'll be obvious.'

8. - Top - End - #608
    Barbarian in the Playground

Beholder

Pip takes one last sniff at Marcella, then replies, "Very well then," in his thin almost reedy voice. He looks her up and down, then shrugs to himself. "Right then," he says to both, seemingly satisfied, "follow me then. We'll get you aboard The Nocturne, as promised." Pip's hand floats down to squeeze the pouch of thrones he'd just gained.

Pip turns back up the alley and begins to lead the duo back towards the docking garages. Once the two have caught up, he explains how the Rogue Trader's ship has been docked for a few days now, and how security has decreased as the working crews have continued to service, refuel and restock the ship. The two will be able to enter once they are disguised as dock hands, and so their first stop will be to sneak into the crew's quarters and obtain uniforms for Arl and Marcella. Though the two have been to the docks several times now, it is clear that Pip is taking them via a route neither is familiar with. He winds in and out of rundown habs and boarded up shops. As the building become more densely populated with low cost hostels and pawn shops, Pip takes the two down a side street that terminates along the walls marking the perimeter of the dock. He stops at a pair of double doors with a sign that reads "Authorized Personnel Only", and scans an ID card sewn onto the end of his coverall sleeve. Leading the two into some sort of massive locker room big enough for a platoon, Pip grabs a pair of folded coveralls from a palate stacked with uniforms. He hands one to Marcella and the other to Arl. "Put these on," he says, and with a chuckle adds, "Up to you whether you put em on over yer clothes. They don't breathe and get hot as a sun, but ye never know if they're gonna be lice ridden."

He makes no attempt to give either privacy, though Pip's eyes seem to be not-so furtively drifting back to Marcella.
    Arl changed into the proffered coveralls over his clothes, indifferent to Pip's presence. He took care that his weapons remained concealed from Pip's view, positioned his body to keep them out of sight.

9. - Top - End - #609
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Ezekiel nods in approval at Hounds idea, but can't help but roll his eyes a little at Orla. "You're both going to have your microbeads with you right, even if they aren't in your ear?" he asks with confidence, "so tap the comm three times for an emergency, but twice if you just want our attention. If it's safe, say where you are into the comm and we will try to come join you based on the level of urgency. Sound like a plan?"

He adds in reply to Hound's other question, "We will have the lighter on standby... though hopefully it won't come to that."

When both members are changed, Pip says, "Very good. We should be ready then." He pauses though and raises a finger. "There is one nibbler," he says, "I couldn't get you two ID badges. Just stick wit' me, and don't draw too much attention to yourself though, and it shouldn't be a problem. Got it?"

Assuming their is no major protestations, Pip will lead the two down and through the locker room away from the door they entered through. Winding a corner they come to a larger pair of double doors. In red, yellow and black, a sign above the door reads,

"Ship Bay
    Only in death does duty end"

Pip eyes the sign momentarily then leers at Marcella and Arl. He pushes the door open, and through a series of tunnels the three walk into a dock that seems like it should be large enough to house half the population of the midhive, and filled with noise. The space is half filled by a massive rectangular space vessel, towering at least two hundred meters high and likely thrice as long. It's exterior is scarred and pocked metal and ceramite, gilded and decorated richly. Hundreds of dock workers wearing the same dark blue coveralls scurry about the dock; loading crates onto and off the vessel, running auspex devices along the vessel's surface, and crawling across the vessel surface to repair damage or work on uncovered circuitry. To even be heard over the racket of workers, Pip has to practically yell, "Ready to go in, or do you need to check somethin' first?"
    Last edited by Bennosuke; 2024-03-15 at 01:45 PM.
    Show

10. - Top - End - #610
    Ettin in the Playground

Ezekiel nods in approval at Hounds idea, but can't help but roll his eyes a little at Orla. "You're both going to have your microbeads with you right, even if they aren't in your ear?" he asks with confidence, "so tap the comm three times for an emergency, but twice if you just want our attention. If it's safe, say where you are into the comm and we will try to come join you based on the level of urgency. Sound like a plan?"

He adds in reply to Hound's other question, "We will have the lighter on standby... though hopefully it won't come to that."
    Orla shrugs, 'Works for me.'

11. - Top - End - #611

Beholder

When both members are changed, Pip says, "Very good. We should be ready then." He pauses though and raises a finger. "There is one nibbler," he says, "I couldn't get you two ID badges. Just stick wit' me, and don't draw too much attention to yourself though, and it shouldn't be a problem. Got it?"

Assuming their is no major protestations, Pip will lead the two down and through the locker room away from the door they entered through. Winding a corner they come to a larger pair of double doors. In red, yellow and black, a sign above the door reads,

"Ship Bay

Pip eyes the sign momentarily then leers at Marcella and Arl. He pushes the door open, and through a series of tunnels the three walk into a dock that seems like it should be large enough to house half the population of the midhive, and filled with noise. The space is half filled by a massive rectangular space vessel, towering at least two hundred meters high and likely thrice as long. It's exterior is scarred and pocked metal and ceramite, gilded and decorated richly. Hundreds of dock workers wearing the same dark blue coveralls scurry about the dock; loading crates onto and off the vessel, running auspex devices along the vessel's surface, and crawling across the vessel surface to repair damage or work on uncovered circuitry. To even be heard over the racket of workers, Pip has to practically yell, "Ready to go in, or do you need to check somethin' first?"
    Arl nodded once, indicating that he was ready, then glanced over at Marcella questioningly.

12. - Top - End - #612
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Marcella

"Ship Bay

Marcella looked down at the floor, mostly, on their trip through the docks. When they emerged out into the cavernous shipyard where the Rogue Traders vessel was stationed, the Psyker couldn't help but look up at it and smile - the scent of grease and machinework filling her nostrils and reminding her of times gone by.

"Ready as ever!" she replied back with her usual friendly smile.

13. - Top - End - #613
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

The Interrogator nods at Orla's reply, and then poses his question to the three acolytes, "Anything else then?" He studies his company, a smaller more plaintive smirk playing on Ezekiel's lips.

"Very good," Pip hollars with a grin that exposes his yellowed misshapen teeth, "follow me. And try not to draw too much attention to yourselves." He turns and begins lumbering into the docking bay, surrounded by the near deafening noise of mechanics and haulers and other dock hands hard at work... far to busy to pay much attention to the three.

(OOC: May I get a Stealth roll from both characters at +40?)
    Show

14. - Top - End - #614

Beholder

The Interrogator nods at Orla's reply, and then poses his question to the three acolytes, "Anything else then?" He studies his company, a smaller more plaintive smirk playing on Ezekiel's lips.

"Very good," Pip hollars with a grin that exposes his yellowed misshapen teeth, "follow me. And try not to draw too much attention to yourselves." He turns and begins lumbering into the docking bay, surrounded by the near deafening noise of mechanics and haulers and other dock hands hard at work... far to busy to pay much attention to the three.

(OOC: May I get a Stealth roll from both characters at +40?)
    Arl followed in Pip's wake. doing his level best to look inconspicuous.

Spoiler: Roll
    Show
    (1d100)[54] vs 41+10+40 = 91

15. - Top - End - #615
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Marcella

Marcella followed Arls lead, trying to remain inconspicuous.

16. - Top - End - #616
    Ettin in the Playground

Flumph

"Understood, Interrogator. Then we are ready to proceed at your convenience," Hound responds.

17. - Top - End - #617
    Ettin in the Playground

Orla shrugs, 'I'd say I don't know enough about these sorts of people to know what I don't know, so let's work it out as we go.'

18. - Top - End - #618
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

"Very good," Ezekiel says, his smirk shifting into a genuine smile, "follow me then." He opens the door and leads the group out into the heat of the afternoon, his heels clacking down the flagstone walkway to the sidewalk where the promised private lighter is parked. The vehicle is an explosion of reds and oranges and gold filigree, the ship's body two rounded near-spheres joined together like the body of a massive arachnid. The smaller driver's pod is open and out front stands the valet, a severe looking man in black frock piped with blood reds. His main of greasy grey hair is tied back in a pony tail from his receding hairline, exposing an impressively wrinkled brow. As the group comes closer, the valet bows low and says, "You must be Master Jarkov. Welcome. It will be my pleasure to serve as your driver tonight." His voice is like a creaking door, and though his words are warm, his face is expressionless. "You can call me Antilles," the valet adds, rising from his bow. He moves to the larger carriage section of the lighter and opens the arched door for The Interrogator and his companions.

Ezekiel greets the driver jovially, though affects enough indifference to fit the part of a noble, and leads the group into the lighter. Soon the door is closed as the acolytes get themselves comfortable on velvet lined seats. The carriage is filled with a complex perfume, and Ezekiel looks around the group to gauge if they are sufficiently impressed. Then the lighter's engines take off and the vehicle is propelling itself up, up, up above the streets of the spire.

This high up, the group is well above the toxic smog clouds that hang around the midhive and cast the streets into a darkness fought off poorly by the street's gaslights. Here the sky is crystal blue, and looking out the window, you can see all the towers, and giant marble statues, and gardens that branch off of the hive's spire like so many branches off a tree trunk. The lighter continues to rise up and begins circling gently around the massive spire, it's crystal walls catching the light of the setting sun and throwing beams of yellow and orange and red across the sky.

Antilles is a master pilot, and the ride to the manor of Grand General Parniple is incredibly smooth. By the time the lighter sets down though, the sky has gone from blue to a dark . As a retired grand general, Parniple's property puts even Ser Drimmle's to shame. The lighter lands on an expansive lot, where many a fine vehicle has parked. From the lot, a cobblestone walkway leads through a massive garden of roses and lilies, marred only by the presence of a handful of security officers dressed in navy blue uniforms. As Antilles opens the door, the group is greeted by one such officer, who asks for proof of invitation, as well as everyone's name and identifications. "My name is Philius Jarkov, nephew of Lord Ican Jarkov of planet Corcus." replies the Interrogator, applying the affect of one bored and slightly impatient. With a gloved hand, he provides the invitations, as well as his own ID, before waving the other hand toward the acolytes, "And these are my associates." He waves the three forward, urging the group to follow suit.
    Show

19. - Top - End - #619
    Ettin in the Playground

Orla will try not to gawk too much at the lighter even as she can't help but wander how much it cost. 'You been doing this long Mister Antilles?' She assumed he was at least competent but had to wander how someone get a job like this in the first place? When she was seated she'll look for a seatbelt and a way to get the hatch open quickly if she needed. 'How often do these things crash anyway? Just out of interest.' She doesn't sound overly worried but she had never had any reason to be this high up.

On the journey Orla is very alert to any sign of turbulence but has to take in the view while she was up here. And there were supposedly planets that looked like this all the time? Didn't seem fair.

After they land Orla will endeavour to look watchful and prepared. She had seen enough professionals in this kind of role that she knew exactly how to act. After being referred to as an 'associate' she'll nod and say simply, 'Cordelia. Security.'

20. - Top - End - #620
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

(OOC: I have docked Marcella one FP. Both characters pass their stealth rolls after Marcella adds her psyker power)

The two follow Pip across the bay, weaving around a pair of hands carrying a massive crate labeled "preserved rations", as he makes his way up to the massive ship. The Nocturne is a transport vessel, large enough for maybe a hundred hands and the hauling of a whole lot of cargo. Both Marcella and Arl have been out of gravity enough to understand that the Rogue Trader's vessels were likely stationed up in orbit with this being a secondary craft likely kept somewhere on board. The thought was sobering if this massive vessel was simply a tender.

Pip waves the acolytes on as he starts to head up a ramp leading onto the Nocturne. Compared to the bright halogen lights creating a veritable sun's daylight in the bay, the belly of the Nocturne is in the shadows of dusk. Walking into the Nocturne the ship's hull dulls the racket of the docking bay, throwing distant cavernous echoes. Cast in darkness, about thirty meters inside the Nocturne, Pip turns and without the noise is forced to whisper. "Well, we're inside as promised. I can show you around a little, but otherwise you two are on your own. I don't want to know what you two do, and I don't want to get involved."

Orla will try not to gawk too much at the lighter even as she can't help but wander how much it cost. 'You been doing this long Mister Antilles?' She assumed he was at least competent but had to wander how someone get a job like this in the first place? When she was seated she'll look for a seatbelt and a way to get the hatch open quickly if she needed. 'How often do these things crash anyway? Just out of interest.' She doesn't sound overly worried but she had never had any reason to be this high up.
    The man raises an eyebrow at Orla's question. Perhaps he's never asked such a question. He shrugs the concern away and replies, "I've been flying since I had hair on my chest, and trust me, it used to be a lot darker." He chuckles, his voice is heavy with some hive cant. "And I assure you, unless The Emperor himself decides to intervene, this vehicle will not crash."

Later, the security officer gives Orla a pleasant nod of approval. She allows a curt smile then says, "May I see your paperwork as well then Cordelia."

Father Milo profers his ID, but doesn't say anything to the officer, preferring to affect an air of haughtiness.

The security officer also looks expectantly at Hound.
    Show

21. - Top - End - #621

Beholder

(OOC: I have docked Marcella one FP. Both characters pass their stealth rolls after Marcella adds her psyker power)

The two follow Pip across the bay, weaving around a pair of hands carrying a massive crate labeled "preserved rations", as he makes his way up to the massive ship. The Nocturne is a transport vessel, large enough for maybe a hundred hands and the hauling of a whole lot of cargo. Both Marcella and Arl have been out of gravity enough to understand that the Rogue Trader's vessels were likely stationed up in orbit with this being a secondary craft likely kept somewhere on board. The thought was sobering if this massive vessel was simply a tender.

Pip waves the acolytes on as he starts to head up a ramp leading onto the Nocturne. Compared to the bright halogen lights creating a veritable sun's daylight in the bay, the belly of the Nocturne is in the shadows of dusk. Walking into the Nocturne the ship's hull dulls the racket of the docking bay, throwing distant cavernous echoes. Cast in darkness, about thirty meters inside the Nocturne, Pip turns and without the noise is forced to whisper. "Well, we're inside as promised. I can show you around a little, but otherwise you two are on your own. I don't want to know what you two do, and I don't want to get involved."
    Arl nods to Pip. "You've done your part, although I'd not mind if'n you were to show us around a bit before you leave."
    Last edited by Wyndeward; 2024-03-23 at 07:46 PM.

22. - Top - End - #622
    Ettin in the Playground

Later, the security officer gives Orla a pleasant nod of approval. She allows a curt smile then says, "May I see your paperwork as well then Cordelia."

Father Milo profers his ID, but doesn't say anything to the officer, preferring to affect an air of haughtiness.

The security officer also looks expectantly at Hound.
    Orla will hand over the ID with the information she'd previously worked out with the Interrogator. There was no reason to think that anyone around here would recognise her name but she was adverse to using it in a place like this on general principles.

23. - Top - End - #623
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Marcella

The Psyker followed along, the warp rippling itself around her body and helping her veritably blend into her surroundings, almost as if she wasn't there at all. One moment she was visibly next to Arl, the next - gone. It helped keep their little trio undetected, or at least unnoticed, as stealth had never been Marcella's forte.

Nevertheless, the Voidborn loved the docking bay, the scents alone taking her back to childhood. She wore a friendly and happy smile across her pleasant features, as Pip took them beneath the belly of the huge transport ship that would be ferrying them into orbit.

Wait - into orbit?!

Marcella wondered for a moment...but hadn't the Rogue Trader been landing his ship in the wastes, outside the Hive? Curious.

"Where do you recommend staying out of sight on board during the trip into orbit?" she asked Pip quietly.

24. - Top - End - #624
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Pip shrugs at Arl's question and replies, "Is there something in particular you were looking for." However, his eyes go wide when Marcella speaks up, and he stutters, "You... you're gonna hide on the ship?"

The security officer nods approvingly at Orla's paperwork, and awaits reply from the others.

(OOC: Will give Rax another day or so to post in case he wants to do something interesting, then will otherwise just move things along.)
    Show

25. - Top - End - #625
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Marcella

Internally, Marcella was a touch worried: wasn't that the point? Had she boobed somehow and overplayed their hand? As far as she understood with Arls' intention, they were going to be infiltrating the Rogue Traders ship, and to do so, they'd need to board this transport shuttle, which Pip was supposed to help them do. Or had Arl not revealed that?

Then she recalled the leering glances from the man earlier in the change-rooms. Perhaps she could use his positive disposition towards her to deflect?

The Psyker flashed another one of her bright, friendly smiles before stifled-laughter into her open palm.

"You should see the look on your face!" she laughed gently, before sighing, "Go back into orbit? I wish mate, work keeps me here. Seeing all this stuff takes me back, you really get to miss it all" she gestures to Arl, hoping the assassin would now distract Pip with questions on what he wanted to see.
    Last edited by BananaPhone; 2024-03-26 at 04:23 AM.

26. - Top - End - #626
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Hound hands the security officer his ID, and curtly introduces himself using the name of his cover (OOC: I can't find what Hound chose for the name of his false identity?). The officer reviews the papers and hands them back to Hound politely. She then pulls a small brass whistle from a necklace around her pocket, and brings the object to her lips. Puffing her lips, the officer blows into the whistle, which lights up with green circuit inlay but produces no sound.

Moments later, a servo-skull floats towards the group, the yellow halogen lamp hanging from its mechandrite arm casting a yellow cone of light onto the ground below it. You can see that folded up behind the skull, like a deadly pony-tail, is a small las-shooter attached by a second mechandrite. "Hades shall accompany you across the garden to the mansion. Please do not stray from the path and Hades' light." The hum of the servo-skull's grav-pulsers thrum above you as the drone begins to float across the yard, as it attempts to keep it's lamp light cast over the group.

The skull traverses a path across the garden over a cobblestone walkway. Giggles and whispers seem to pour off distant shadowed corners of the garden, though this noise eventually becomes drowned out by the growing cacophony of the party going on inside the brightly it towering four story mansion.

(OOC: Anyone want to do anything before we move inside?)

Pip's glare bellies his continued suspicion, and he looks to Arl as well awaiting to be reassured that the two were not planning something outrageously stupid.

Spoiler: OOC@Wynde
    Show
    Pleasee also look at the OOC thread to weigh in on our discussion about homebrew rules, as I was hoping to get at least one more player's input.
    Show

27. - Top - End - #627
    Ettin in the Playground

To the officer, 'Does anyone ever argue with the skull?'

28. - Top - End - #628

Beholder

Pip's glare bellies his continued suspicion, and he looks to Arl as well awaiting to be reassured that the two were not planning something outrageously stupid.
    Arl turns to Pip and smiles. "Naw, Pip... What would there to be gained by stowin' away? We're jes' looking for a place to duck in case someone comes about, is all... it would be awkward to be caught without proper identification an' the like. Now, you wuz gonna show us around a bit, neh?"

29. - Top - End - #629
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

The security officer's face seems show confusion, though most of her face is hidden behind her helmet. Almost defensively she replies, "The servo skulls will direct guests to the mansion. They are programmed to fire upon anyone who attempts to leave the path, venture unaccompanied into the gardens."

Pip's face remains a mask of concern, but after a sigh he replies slowly, "Very well. Why don't I show you the cargo hold then." His eyes drift slowly between Arl and Marcella, studying each of them closely. Then he turns on his heels and begins to lead the two down the dimly lit corridor. The humor seems to have vanished from the man, as he moves silently through the ship, his foot falls echoing dully. Distant ambient noises echo back through the hall, sounds of machinery, muted foot steps, and the muffled sound of far off voices. Only half the overhead lights are running and these seem to be casting light at half power. The walls of the corridor are slick with cold condensation, and it is a good ten to twenty degrees colder the farther into the ship that Pip leads.

After a serious of turns forks through the labyrinth of halls, Pip leads the two acolytes into a large chamber, the ceiling rising nearly thirty meters, and supported by rows of brick rectangular columns. Palates and boxes line the cargo bay, covering about half the surface of the floor. Many of the crates and palate are bare or lie open and empty. The floor is marred by watery footsteps going into and out of the cargo hold. Once inside, Pip turns and says, "This is one of the busier rooms, so we won't have privacy very long here." Again he studies Marcella and Arl with suspicion, watching them closely as they move about the room.
    Show

30. - Top - End - #630
    Ettin in the Playground

Flumph

The security officer's face seems show confusion, though most of her face is hidden behind her helmet. Almost defensively she replies, "The servo skulls will direct guests to the mansion. They are programmed to fire upon anyone who attempts to leave the path, venture unaccompanied into the gardens."
    "It would appear that General Parniple is most protective of his gardens," Hound comments drily. "Have previous revellers caused much damage?"