New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 21 of 23 FirstFirst ... 11121314151617181920212223 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #601
    Ettin in the Playground

Flumph

Default Re: OOC II: DH The Purity of Sacrifice

If Milo is being NPC:ed and (hopefully) being played in a more subdued fashion, then he's likely still our best bet to be our noble.

If not, Orla has the best Fel. If we present as strangers from a really rough planet that no one's heard of, she might be able to pull it off if we can make the local nobility find her sympathetic / amusing / intriguing because she's so obviously a fish out of water (she should probably act with reckless confidence, though).

Contrary to what I said before, Hound could be her hired tutor, educating her in the ways of the wider Imperium - he has the knowledge skills necessary and speaks High Gothic. That would give him a reason to hang around and constantly explaining things to her.

Marc, Arl, and Milo could take up the roles suggested earlier - arm candy (or just our noble's bonded psyker) and bodyguards.

2. - Top - End - #602
    Barbarian in the Playground

Beholder

Quote Originally Posted by Bennosuke View Post

Will take care of this now.

EDIT: On further evaluation, I can't even find the post where you requested the purchase. Would you mind giving me the post number?
    It was way back at post 996 in the original OOC thread.

https://forums.giantitp.com/showsing...&postcount=996

I will point out that you were good enough to knock off the credits... :P

As for the Hand Cannon, that was something confiscated from the dead at Ser Drimmle's home.

3. - Top - End - #603
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

There is an amusing irony in positing Orla as a noble from a really rough planet. But that'll be a lot of deceive and charm rolls at 50% odds at best.

I don't know what Ezekiels fel/social skills are, but his mannerisms, the way he dresses etc suggests they're relatively high (he strikes me as a desk-jockey socialite that got in good with the Inquisitor because of his research/organization and networking abilities, which are highly valuable for investigations). Maybe letting him do it is the safer option?
    Last edited by BananaPhone; 2024-02-10 at 02:50 AM.
    "Of all the words by tongue and pen, by far the saddest are "I could have been...""

"The first rule of success is to have a vision. You see if you don’t have a vision of where you are going, if you don’t have a goal for where to go, you’ll drift around and never end up anywhere...can you imagine a majority of people don't know where they are going? I knew where I was going!” – Arnold Schwarzenegger

4. - Top - End - #604
    Ettin in the Playground

Flumph

I posted before I was aware of the option to have Ezekiel play the noble.

Using Orla leaves the flow of the game more completely in our hands, but I agree that there are more obvious risks in doing so. On the whole, I don't have any strong preferences - I'll go with the majority opinion.

5. - Top - End - #605
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

The forum is being very buggy at the moment. Will be getting to the IC thread in a moment. And as a reminder, my post rate is going to be crud the next two weeks as I take on coverage of the inpatient unit. Pray to the Emperor for me that things go more smoothly than they did back in October.

It was way back at post 996 in the original OOC thread.

https://forums.giantitp.com/showsing...&postcount=996

I will point out that you were good enough to knock off the credits... :P

As for the Hand Cannon, that was something confiscated from the dead at Ser Drimmle's home.
    Gotcha. I'm trying to use the character box to keep tabs on ammo as they are being used to keep things from getting too bloated, but will update your character box with the 20 clips of 9 shot stub automatic ammo, and the hand cannon ammo.
    Spoiler: Games I am Currently Running
    Show
    San Francisco by Night (Vampire the Requiem 2E)

New Bedford by Night (Werewolf the Forsaken 2E)

New Orleans by Night (Changeling the Lost 2E)

6. - Top - End - #606
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Gotcha. I'm trying to use the character box to keep tabs on ammo as they are being used to keep things from getting too bloated, but will update your character box with the 20 clips of 9 shot stub automatic ammo, and the hand cannon ammo.
    Not to be a pain, but Marc's weapon kit in her character box is also very outdated. Her current weapon load out (copy and pasted from her sheet), is:

Spoiler
    Show
    Talon Mk III Autopistol, "Ketchup", 1 mag loaded and 4 spare magazines of 30 bullets each (150 in total); always has extended magazine and silencer equipped
    Stub Revolver, "His Majesty", 1 cylinder loaded and 3 spare of 6 bullets each (24 in total)
    Orthalack Armsman-10 Stub Automatic, 1 mag loaded and 2 spare magazines of 13 bullets each (39 in total)
    = 213 rounds in total.

35 spare bullets at home.

Mono-knife, "Mr Stabby", Melee, Range 3m, Dmg 1d5+2, Pen 0.

And:

Second Backpack: (maybe carried)
    5x Firebombs

She carries 1 spare reload for each gun on her belt, and the rest in First Backpack. She also has a silencer for her Stub Automatic that she carries in her coat for when it's needed.
    Last edited by BananaPhone; 2024-02-11 at 10:04 PM.
    "Of all the words by tongue and pen, by far the saddest are "I could have been...""

"The first rule of success is to have a vision. You see if you don’t have a vision of where you are going, if you don’t have a goal for where to go, you’ll drift around and never end up anywhere...can you imagine a majority of people don't know where they are going? I knew where I was going!” – Arnold Schwarzenegger

7. - Top - End - #607
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Again, the character box is more for me to actively track bullet use during combat, rather than to keep a list of every weapon you have, but I will update your character box a little with some of the changes in ammo.
    Show

8. - Top - End - #608
    Ettin in the Playground

Flumph

Having an annoyingly stressful and sleepless week so far. I'll try and get an IC reply up tomorrow evening.

9. - Top - End - #609
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Again, the character box is more for me to actively track bullet use during combat, rather than to keep a list of every weapon you have, but I will update your character box a little with some of the changes in ammo.

No worries, sorry for being a bit of a pain, but I've seen the laspistol etc there for a while and have been meaning to bring it up.

10. - Top - End - #610
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

No worries all, and hope everyone's week was okay getting better. Thank you for the patience. Getting to IC now. Just reiterating, I have one more week on inpatient and then my schedule should gradually lighten back up.
    Show

11. - Top - End - #611
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Looks like Arl and Marc are off to investigate the Rogue Trader together!

And the rest of the group are going to a fancy ball.

12. - Top - End - #612
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Yes. Does anyone want to RP further or ask questions/discuss IC or should I move things on?

If moving on, what are the first moves for the two groups.
    Show

13. - Top - End - #613
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Yes. Does anyone want to RP further or ask questions/discuss IC or should I move things on?

As Arl is the hunter of the pair, Marc'll follow his lead in going to investigate the Rogue Trader. (as he also is the one with the contact)

Marc'll get all her gear together. She'll leave her backpack full of firebombs behind though.

14. - Top - End - #614
    Ettin in the Playground

Added something to the last post. If Marcella isn't going Orla will insist on going shopping with her for bodyguard clothes first. It'll be slightly more uncomfortable to look like an Underhiver in a place like that then it will to go shopping with Marcella so she'll aim to get that over with

15. - Top - End - #615
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Quote Originally Posted by Haval View Post
    Added something to the last post. If Marcella isn't going Orla will insist on going shopping with her for bodyguard clothes first. It'll be slightly more uncomfortable to look like an Underhiver in a place like that then it will to go shopping with Marcella so she'll aim to get that over with
    Replied ;).

Poor Marc got crushed by her sense of duty. Hopefully fates are kind and reward her self-sacrifice with something spiffy in the Rogue Trader side of investigations .

16. - Top - End - #616
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Admittedly have been busy, but looking back over the IC thread and OOC thread, do people want me to move things on or do they want to go further in what is happening IC? I also think we can skip Orla and Marcella's shopping spree, unless you want to play that out as a separate ongoing scene?
    Show

17. - Top - End - #617
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Im fine with moving on.

18. - Top - End - #618
    Ettin in the Playground

Ok to move on.

19. - Top - End - #619
    Ettin in the Playground

Flumph

Also good to move on. I guess Hound will need to send his Administratum robes to the dry cleaners or something...

20. - Top - End - #620
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

... I... already posted in the IC thread
    Show

21. - Top - End - #621
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Arl and Marcella are ready to be DB Cooper.

22. - Top - End - #622
    Ettin in the Playground

Flumph

... I... already posted in the IC thread
    Then I demand you rewind!

Edit: Ugh, I haven't the stamina or imagination for writing anything at the moment. Dealing with a bit of a crisis at work. An IC post with Hound's cover story for the ball may not be up until Saturday.
    Last edited by rax; 2024-02-29 at 04:46 PM.

23. - Top - End - #623
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Then I demand you rewind!

Edit: Ugh, I haven't the stamina or imagination for writing anything at the moment. Dealing with a bit of a crisis at work. An IC post with Hound's cover story for the ball may not be up until Saturday.
    I'm sorry man. I hope work isn't spilling too much over into real life. No worries on the post rate. Everyone has been more than patient with me. I was debating between providing characters with their own cover, but I thought players might have more fun if they got to decide.

Getting to the IC thread now.
    Show

24. - Top - End - #624
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Alright, thank you all for posting. Looks like I am waiting on Arl in one scene. In the other scene, does anyone want to reply to Ezekiel, or do you want to just move on to the ball?

Also, does someone want me to decide on Father Milo's cover, or do the players want to develop this collaboratively?
    Show

25. - Top - End - #625
    Ettin in the Playground

Alright, thank you all for posting. Looks like I am waiting on Arl in one scene. In the other scene, does anyone want to reply to Ezekiel, or do you want to just move on to the ball?

Also, does someone want me to decide on Father Milo's cover, or do the players want to develop this collaboratively?
    Replied. Personal Confessor is easiest if no one has a better idea. I take it Ezekial is playing someone wealthy enough to have one of those.

26. - Top - End - #626
    Ettin in the Playground

Flumph

Hound is just waiting for Ezekiel to tell us what his cover is going to be, but Orla's popped that question so no reason for him to do the same.

As for Milo, I don't think any of us have ever seen his character sheet, so what his in game capabilities are is in fact a mystery. From an IC perspective, I agree with Haval - the logical role for him would be some sort of confessor.

27. - Top - End - #627
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Thanks for the replies. Will get something up in the IC thread now. For Milo's sheet it is linked in his character box on the first page of this thread.

EDIT: And I'm good with confessor.
    Last edited by Bennosuke; 2024-03-04 at 05:24 PM.
    Show

28. - Top - End - #628
    Ettin in the Playground

Flumph

It's linked, but I don't have permission to look at it.

29. - Top - End - #629
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Well shoot, I'm not sure of a clever way around that. Should I make my own copy of the character sheet?

EDIT: Not sure if I can get that done today regardless.
    Last edited by Bennosuke; 2024-03-04 at 05:27 PM.
    Show

30. - Top - End - #630
    Barbarian in the Playground

Beholder

Sorry to be late to the party -- My wife landed her dream job, we are moving to Maryland, trying to sell the house and the damned water heater decided to give up the ghost flooding the basement.

I will go look for the scene and post a reply.

Thank you for your patience.