New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 10 of 23 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: OOC II: DH The Purity of Sacrifice

What Banana said. There's no point in being mad on the Internet unless it's about politics or something.

I feel like this sort of thing is likely to happen when it's an online game where people don't know each other.

2. - Top - End - #272
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

And can't hear voice tone and body language etc.
    "Of all the words by tongue and pen, by far the saddest are "I could have been...""

"The first rule of success is to have a vision. You see if you don’t have a vision of where you are going, if you don’t have a goal for where to go, you’ll drift around and never end up anywhere...can you imagine a majority of people don't know where they are going? I knew where I was going!” – Arnold Schwarzenegger

3. - Top - End - #273
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Initiative
    Arl 14
    Father Milo 13
    Marcella 13
    Shriek 12
    Hound 11
    Orla 6
    Trask 5
    Drimmle 4

Marcella's character box is updated, she is down to 5 wounds. Banana, please double check the Homebrew rules section regarding how fettered vs. unfettered works. Marcella's Psy rating is 4, though I think she gets a boost or two. However, the threshold for Distort Vision is 8, so she'd never be able to activate it unfettered... unless I am missing something. Furthermore, you do not roll for a fettered power, that's the benefit, it's an auto activation if your psy rating is high enough. You're so powerful, you don't have to really try hard to activate the power. Thankfully, you rolled anyways, so we can count this as an unfettered roll.

While you got that Distort Vision is a Free action, I think you missed that you also get to automatically move 10 meters as part of activating the power. We've established that Trask, who was at the base of the stairs was 10m away, so getting under the stairwell is probably a half action (AB 3 = 3m per half action). So, you can get a half action back to do something if you want.

@Wynde: Shriek is engaged in melee, which would give Arl an additional -20 modifier, which would make your attack a miss. I suspect Arl would have understood this intuitively, while this being a PbP game, I wouldn't blame you for missing this. Furthermore, the rules state that at the GM's discretion, if the modifier would lead you to miss, you'd end up hitting the other combatant (Milo), and that you have to allocate at least one hit to Milo if firing at semi or full auto; pg 196. I am annoying enough to enforce this rule, since I am going to have to wait for Banana to reply anyways, I'll give you the option of deciding: Are you sure you wanna do that? I won't let you reroll if Arl targets someone else, but I'll let you use those rolls if you want to have Arl target a different target.

EDIT: Also, don't forget the second scene Arl is in, which I also replied to.
    Last edited by Bennosuke; 2023-10-06 at 04:52 PM.
    Spoiler: Games I am Currently Running
    Show
    San Francisco by Night (Vampire the Requiem 2E)

New Bedford by Night (Werewolf the Forsaken 2E)

New Orleans by Night (Changeling the Lost 2E)

4. - Top - End - #274
    Barbarian in the Playground

Beholder

Quote Originally Posted by Bennosuke View Post
    Initiative

@Wynde: Shriek is engaged in melee, which would give Arl an additional -20 modifier, which would make your attack a miss. I suspect Arl would have understood this intuitively, while this being a PbP game, I wouldn't blame you for missing this. Furthermore, the rules state that at the GM's discretion, if the modifier would lead you to miss, you'd end up hitting the other combatant (Milo), and that you have to allocate at least one hit to Milo if firing at semi or full auto; pg 196. I am annoying enough to enforce this rule, since I am going to have to wait for Banana to reply anyways, I'll give you the option of deciding: Are you sure you wanna do that? I won't let you reroll if Arl targets someone else, but I'll let you use those rolls if you want to have Arl target a different target.

EDIT: Also, don't forget the second scene Arl is in, which I also replied to.
    Hadn't twigged to the fact she was in melee... it has been something of a week here....

Failing dealing with Shriek, Arl would have "made sure" about Trask and his damned hand cannon...

Thank you!

Edit: Arl still has a half action -- what it would be probably depend on what happens to Trask.
    Last edited by Wyndeward; 2023-10-06 at 06:28 PM.

5. - Top - End - #275
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Initiative
    Arl 14
    Father Milo 13
    Marcella 13
    Shriek 12
    Hound 11
    Orla 6
    Trask 5
    Drimmle 4

Marcella's character box is updated, she is down to 5 wounds. Banana, please double check the Homebrew rules section regarding how fettered vs. unfettered works. Marcella's Psy rating is 4, though I think she gets a boost or two. However, the threshold for Distort Vision is 8, so she'd never be able to activate it unfettered... unless I am missing something. Furthermore, you do not roll for a fettered power, that's the benefit, it's an auto activation if your psy rating is high enough. You're so powerful, you don't have to really try hard to activate the power. Thankfully, you rolled anyways, so we can count this as an unfettered roll.

While you got that Distort Vision is a Free action, I think you missed that you also get to automatically move 10 meters as part of activating the power. We've established that Trask, who was at the base of the stairs was 10m away, so getting under the stairwell is probably a half action (AB 3 = 3m per half action). So, you can get a half action back to do something if you want.

Apologies, I keep forgetting that that was the fettered method. I'll make sure to remember it for next time! For future references and confirmation, she's can automatically cast anything with a PT of 8 (2 Psy Rating + 5 willpower + 1 psy Focus = 8), is this correct?

In regards to Distort Vision, the errata changed the powers description. The original Distort Vision had you project a mirror image anywhere 10 meters away, making you basicaly invisible unless detected by a Psyniscience check. The new Distort Vision is like a shimmering image like hot air above asphalt on a hot day and you impart penalties on ranged attackers. It's on page 9 of the errata.

Normally the benefit of Distort Vision over Chameleon would be that it's a Free Action to activate, so you cpuld do something else. But because of the erratas changing of psychic powers to a standard attack, so you can only do 1 a round and you cannot cast a power as a half action and an attack as a half action (like casting Unnatutal Aim and then Standard Attack with +30 to hit), it's basically inferior to Chameleon except rare circumstances...like this one, where she uses her full action to run under the stairs.

Spoiler
    Show
    So if you're annoyed at Marc always using her mind powers in combat, instead of just Unnatural Aim + Shotgun for simplicity, you've got the Errata to thank because it shafted Psyker action economy .

She doesnt have a gun (she gave it to Orla), so she's getting under the stairs and getting ready to reuse Soul Killer on Trask next round, that's her action. Or, if she can't make it under the stairs, she'll at least get out of Drimmle's line of sight while still having LoS to Trask.

Apologies for being a bit of a pain and slowing the scene down constantly with Marcs brain stuff. I hope her saving the group from the bomb and heavy stubber are acceptable apology offerings lol.
    Last edited by BananaPhone; 2023-10-07 at 05:31 AM.
    "Of all the words by tongue and pen, by far the saddest are "I could have been...""

"The first rule of success is to have a vision. You see if you don’t have a vision of where you are going, if you don’t have a goal for where to go, you’ll drift around and never end up anywhere...can you imagine a majority of people don't know where they are going? I knew where I was going!” – Arnold Schwarzenegger

6. - Top - End - #276
    Ettin in the Playground

Flumph

Potential Righteous Fury from Hound:
    (1d100)[55] vs. 84 or 94 to confirm

Extra damage if confirmed (1d10)[10], (1d10)[1], (1d10)[6] (rolling multiple dice in case the first is another 10)

= +11 damage to first round that hit, total 24 damage.
    Last edited by rax; 2023-10-07 at 10:24 AM.

7. - Top - End - #277
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Hadn't twigged to the fact she was in melee... it has been something of a week here....

Failing dealing with Shriek, Arl would have "made sure" about Trask and his damned hand cannon...

Thank you!

Edit: Arl still has a half action -- what it would be probably depend on what happens to Trask.
    Noted. I figured Arl wouldn't have been that incautious. I will resolve the attack roll against trask. It looks like Stunned gives a +20 to your attack, though he can still attempt to dodge as far as I can tell from the rules. So rolling (1d100)[31](31)

EDIT: While Trask would have barely dodged, I turned the page and read the description on 200 and in fact, he can't take a dodge action. Goodbye Trask.

Apologies, I keep forgetting that that was the fettered method. I'll make sure to remember it for next time! For future references and confirmation, she's can automatically cast anything with a PT of 8 (2 Psy Rating + 5 willpower + 1 psy Focus = 8), is this correct?
    Unfortunately, as far as we discussed, and as far as I can tell from any rule, there is no bonus from your WP, having just cross referenced the Rogue Trader book (though let me know if I am missing something). They describe your active psy rating, which I believe would factor in your psy focus, so it would (psy rating 4 + 1 psy focus)/2= 2.5 rounded up to 3. Again the idea of a fettered power was introduced in Rogue Trader, where the Navigators are at baseline already pretty powerful. That's my understanding anyways.

I'll admit I had not cross referenced the Errata. Noted.

Apologies for being a bit of a pain and slowing the scene down constantly with Marcs brain stuff. I hope her saving the group from the bomb and heavy stubber are acceptable apology offerings lol.
    No apologies necessary. I am the one repeatedly slowing things down, and paused things to confirm with both you and Wynde. Unfortunately, combat can be pretty slow to run on PBP; which is why I try not to go as heavy on it as in a classic DH game... and was not intending for this to be a combat scene.
    Last edited by Bennosuke; 2023-10-08 at 05:14 PM.
    Show

8. - Top - End - #278
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

So Arl rolls 55 vs 89 with semi auto 3 bullet. That means he gets two hits. He did not roll damage for the second hit (1d10)[10]+3
    Show

9. - Top - End - #279
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Rolling attack (1d100)[61] and damage (1d10)[6] for Milo

Will roll dodge for Shriek (1d100)[48]
    And will roll dodge for Drimmle, just in case (1d100)[7]
    Show

10. - Top - End - #280
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Last OOC post hopefully for the round. Shriek is going to use a full action to attack Milo. She has ambi, duel weapon wielder and swift attack. She gets three attacks against Milo at -10 each

(1d100)[69] with damage (1d5)[2]
    (1d100)[77] with damage (1d5)[1]
    (1d100)[75] with damage (1d5)[5]

And rolling dodge for Milo (1d100)[58]
    Show

11. - Top - End - #281
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Unbelievable, not a single hit, and I forgot to roll for drimmle. Aggh. Sorry everyone for all the OOC posts.

Drimmle's attack (1d100)[13] and damage (1d10)[7]
    Last edited by Bennosuke; 2023-10-08 at 05:37 PM.
    Show

12. - Top - End - #282
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Marc'll use Soul Killer on Shriek when able.

Casting: (1d100)[25] vs TN 60 (90 base - 30 for Pt)

So that's 60 take 25 is 35, divided by 10 and rounded down is 3, 3 times 5 is 15 overbleed points so she conjures 1 extra shard.

Damage 1: (1D10+10)[12]
    Damage 1: (1D10+10)[14]
    Damage 1: (1D10+10)[14]

So 12 and 14 Explosive damage to the head and body simultaneously to Shriek.
    Last edited by BananaPhone; 2023-10-08 at 07:21 PM.

13. - Top - End - #283
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

As it looks like Hounds shot will take out Shriek this round, could I use that roll for a Dominate attempt on Drimmle instead next round? If Shriek is still alive after Hounds 24 damage (lol), then Marc'll cast Soul Killer on her for the 12 and 14 damage. If she's been marked off the census, then Marc'll cast Dominate and got +10 to her Opposed Willpower roll: (1d100)[27] vs TN 65

Drimmle has to beat 3-4 Successes on a Willpower roll, depending on how generous Bennosuke is feeling lol. (it's just 2 off a 4th success hah)

If she wins the first thing she'll make him do is surrender and take off his ward necklace.
    Last edited by BananaPhone; 2023-10-09 at 07:03 AM.

14. - Top - End - #284
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

If I can keep the rolls I already made then Hound will instead fire at Shriek.
    To be clear, you are firing semi-auto at Shriek who is in melee?
    Show

15. - Top - End - #285
    Ettin in the Playground

Flumph

Yep. Hound's attack roll was good enough that he should hit comfortably even with the -20 penalty for firing into melee.

16. - Top - End - #286
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Very well, Hound's new roll to hit becomes Base 44 +10 semi auto -20 for firing into melee (no stun bonus, nor aim bonus because he changed target)=34. He gets one hit with two possible stray bullets.

Rolling 1d10 on a 1 or 2 he risks hitting Milo (1d10)[8]

Initiative
    Arl 14
    Father Milo 13
    Marcella 13
    Shriek 12
    Hound 11
    Orla 6
    Trask 5
    Drimmle 4
    Last edited by Bennosuke; 2023-10-10 at 10:58 AM.
    Show

17. - Top - End - #287
    Ettin in the Playground

Flumph

And Shriek dodged the hit, if I'm understanding correctly?

18. - Top - End - #288
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Yes, Shriek has Ag 46, with Dodge +10, for a TN of 56, and rolled 48 in my post above.
    Show

19. - Top - End - #289
    Ettin in the Playground

Flumph

Okey doke, I wasn't aware that she'd already successfully dodged but since the only other option was to splatter Drimmle there wasn't much else to shoot at. Shame about to Righteous Fury...

20. - Top - End - #290
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Quote Originally Posted by BananaPhone View Post
    Marc'll use Soul Killer on Shriek when able.

Casting: [roll0] vs TN 60 (90 base - 30 for Pt)

So that's 60 take 25 is 35, divided by 10 and rounded down is 3, 3 times 5 is 15 overbleed points so she conjures 1 extra shard.

Damage 1: [roll1]
    Damage 1: [roll2]
    Damage 1: [roll3]

So 12 and 14 Explosive damage to the head and body simultaneously to Shriek.
    I'll go forward with this as Marcs next action, trying to finish the last bodyguard.

21. - Top - End - #291
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Understood. Just trying to let things unfold in order, as as you've seen it can greatly effect each character's next action.
    Last edited by Bennosuke; 2023-10-10 at 04:20 PM.
    Show

22. - Top - End - #292
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Understood. Just trying to let things unfold in order, as as you've seen it can greatly effect each character's next action.
    Totally, Arl might pop Shriek lady in which case her move will be Dominate Drimmle. I keep forgetting that Arl rolled first in initiative hah.

23. - Top - End - #293
    Ettin in the Playground

Flumph

Ahem! If Hound's pistol roars, I want the money back I spent on equipping it with a silencer. Bloody thing's obviously useless!

24. - Top - End - #294
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Quote Originally Posted by rax View Post
    Ahem! If Hound's pistol roars, I want the money back I spent on equipping it with a silencer. Bloody thing's obviously useless!
    Lol. Pardon me .

Sorry everyone for the delay, but since it's Arl's turn, waiting on Wynde to declare and roll for his actions.
    Show

25. - Top - End - #295
    Barbarian in the Playground

Beholder

Lol. Pardon me .

Sorry everyone for the delay, but since it's Arl's turn, waiting on Wynde to declare and roll for his actions.
    Sorry, I was waiting for an adjudication of Orla's "request" that Ser Drimmle stand down.

26. - Top - End - #296
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Unfortunately, as Orla's intimidation requires her move action, it can't happen until her turn.
    Show

27. - Top - End - #297
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Rolling attack and damage for Milo (1d100)[14] and damage (1d10)[9]

Will roll dodge for shriek as well (1d100)[21]
    Show

28. - Top - End - #298
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Fear check for Milo at -10... base WP only 27??? Going to be a target roll of 17.
    (1d100)[93]

And will roll on the shock table in advance
    Show

29. - Top - End - #299
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Great, I didn't add the second roll script. Sorry for all the posts (1d100)[23]
    Show

30. - Top - End - #300
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

That pushes Milo up to 103, so he faints right away, and stays unconscious for 1d5 rounds (1d5)[3]. He also gains 1d5 insanity (1d5)[3], and will be at -10 to all rolls when he wakes up.
    Show