New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: OOC II: DH The Purity of Sacrifice

Quote Originally Posted by BananaPhone View Post
    Did Interrogator Ezekiel say how he wants/prefers Drimmle to be handled?

Like, whether he wants him arrested and brought back, or interrogated on the spot and executed/disappeared if he's guilty etc?
    milo would prefer the old shoot and scoot, but again, hes not the boss

2. - Top - End - #32
    Troll in the Playground

@bennosuke

can milo do a terminator and put the lasgun in a box of something to get it up to the upper hive

also, i will buy a flak face shield and tuck it in my bag for when i get up to the upper hive
    Last edited by bramblefoot; 2023-08-21 at 05:51 PM.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

I have updated Milo's character box with the 600 spent XP.

@Banana: In short, Drimmle either needs to be appeased and turned into a guaranteed ally, or taken care of quickly and as clandestinely as possible.

@bennosuke

can milo do a terminator and put the lasgun in a box of something to get it up to the upper hive

also, i will buy a flak face shield and tuck it in my bag for when i get up to the upper hive
    Keeping a weapon in a piece of luggage is very viable, though of course may draw a little more attention. Milo has already spent his time on the Inquiry for the wrist flamer, so he has no time to go looking for custom specialty tactical armor.
    Spoiler: Games I am Currently Running
    Show
    San Francisco by Night (Vampire the Requiem 2E)

New Bedford by Night (Werewolf the Forsaken 2E)

New Orleans by Night (Changeling the Lost 2E)

4. - Top - End - #34
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Bennosuke View Post
    I have updated Milo's character box with the 600 spent XP.

@Banana: In short, Drimmle either needs to be appeased and turned into a guaranteed ally, or taken care of quickly and as clandestinely as possible.

Keeping a weapon in a piece of luggage is very viable, though of course may draw a little more attention. Milo has already spent his time on the Inquiry for the wrist flamer, so he has no time to go looking for custom specialty tactical armor.
    oki doki

its in a large deep box marked stryrenefoam

5. - Top - End - #35
    Barbarian in the Playground

Beholder

@Bramble: It's only been a handful of days in-game since the group last got their paychecks. Milo never got a second month's salary. Is that maybe where the confusion is?

I guess Banana beat me to this

@Banana: Milo has used 150xp on Pistol Training (Bolt). Please let me know if and how you want to spend the rest of his XP. In regards to the "disguised" bolt pistol, this seems unlikely since bolt weapons are proportionally larger than their counterparts, already harder to find "rare". I'm not opposed to adding more weapon rules, though not sure there is a major point. Can I ask where you got those from?

@Wynde: That's one heck of a success. Can you narrow it down a little in regards to what he is looking into???

@Rax: Subtracted 60 thrones from character box.

@All: Will try to get an I post up this afternoon moving things forward. Thank you for the patience.

I was looking for leverage on the named players in the case, primarily Drimmle, but also the Rogue Trader, who might be untouchable, but the folks downstream from him most likely are not.

6. - Top - End - #36
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

@Bennosuke

Marc will have cast Call Item on her gun. So overtly, she'll appear completely unarmed.
    "Of all the words by tongue and pen, by far the saddest are "I could have been...""

"The first rule of success is to have a vision. You see if you don’t have a vision of where you are going, if you don’t have a goal for where to go, you’ll drift around and never end up anywhere...can you imagine a majority of people don't know where they are going? I knew where I was going!” – Arnold Schwarzenegger

7. - Top - End - #37
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Awareness: (1d100)[1] vs TN 43

Eagle-eyed Marcella.
    Last edited by BananaPhone; 2023-08-21 at 07:47 PM.
    "Of all the words by tongue and pen, by far the saddest are "I could have been...""

"The first rule of success is to have a vision. You see if you don’t have a vision of where you are going, if you don’t have a goal for where to go, you’ll drift around and never end up anywhere...can you imagine a majority of people don't know where they are going? I knew where I was going!” – Arnold Schwarzenegger

8. - Top - End - #38
    Troll in the Playground

zamn

awareness roll for milo

(1d100)[98]

i do not kno de wae
    Last edited by bramblefoot; 2023-08-21 at 07:48 PM.

9. - Top - End - #39

Beholder

I think you missed some consumables from out last purchase:

https://forums.giantitp.com/showsing...&postcount=996

Basically, when I bought the stub automatics, I bought 180 rounds of vanilla ammunition.

10. - Top - End - #40
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

I was looking for leverage on the named players in the case, primarily Drimmle, but also the Rogue Trader, who might be untouchable, but the folks downstream from him most likely are not.
    Very good. Do you want to RP through finding the information, or do you want me to PM you what Arl finds???

@Bennosuke

Marc will have cast Call Item on her gun. So overtly, she'll appear completely unarmed.
    Noted. Just confirming, she can activate this without a roll?

Will resolve awareness rolls in IC thread.

I think you missed some consumables from out last purchase:

https://forums.giantitp.com/showsing...&postcount=996

Basically, when I bought the stub automatics, I bought 180 rounds of vanilla ammunition.
    My bad. Looks like 116 thrones spent. Will check and update your character box.

IC post coming now.
    Show

11. - Top - End - #41
    Ettin in the Playground

Flumph

Hound is bringing his knife and his new stub automatic, both of which should be easily concealable under his flak cloak and Guilder robes.

Awareness test (in case it still matters) (1d100)[29] vs. 60 (Per 40, Awareness +20)

12. - Top - End - #42
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Hound picks up on the same concerning monitoring as Marcella, maybe slightly slower than she does.
    Show

13. - Top - End - #43
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Noted. Just confirming, she can activate this without a roll?
    Hah, believe it or not I was going to add last night before your IC post that Marc dyed her hair and eyes to avoid being noticed, too late now I guess lol.

She does indeed need a roll. She'll do that fettered version, rolling against half her pay rating so she doesn't risk warp phenomena: (1d100)[3] vs TN 70

14. - Top - End - #44
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Nice roll at least.
    Show

15. - Top - End - #45
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Suspiciously nice.

16. - Top - End - #46
    Troll in the Playground

to quote jontron

i dont like where this is going

17. - Top - End - #47

Beholder

Very good. Do you want to RP through finding the information, or do you want me to PM you what Arl finds???.
    I think I would like to RP through finding the information, so long as it doesn't hold up the main IC action.

18. - Top - End - #48
    Troll in the Playground

@bennosuke

milo has a silencer on the orthlack according to me sheet

just an fyi

19. - Top - End - #49
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Milo and Orla seem on board with the idea (correct me if I'm wrong), that just leaves Hound and Arl if either of them has opposition to it.

If Hound/Arl are on board/don't mind, I'll leave the action here for Bennosuke's next post. If they're not, like Hound has opposition to the idea IC (and he's the one Marc would most listen to), then feel free to ignore this;

Spoiler
    Show

Action: After we walk past the next spy-goon we observe, Marc will cast Dominate on him/her and get them to follow us as we turn down an alley and into the back-streets.

Psy Roll: (1d100)[69] vs TN 90
    Opposed Willpower Test: (1d100)[45] vs TN 75 (55 will base + 20 for overbleed)

If this goes forward IC, he/she needs to beat 3 successes on an opposed willpower roll, otherwise they're following us along, completely under Marcs mental domination. She'll walk them along behind them, then when they'redown an alley and around a corner she'll get them to open the arms and let themselves get frisked for comms devices, ID, weapons etc
    Last edited by BananaPhone; 2023-08-23 at 01:45 AM.

20. - Top - End - #50
    Ettin in the Playground

On board with it, just expecting it to go wrong in some way.

If Marcella dominates someone, Orla will be looking for somewhere to hide where she can observe anyone else who might be following them.

21. - Top - End - #51
    Ettin in the Playground

Flumph

Hound thinks it would be better if Marc can just read one of the watchers' minds while we remain out in the open doing our thing, and I posted to that effect before reading this OOC conversation.

Of course, that depends on whether Marc can do that. If not, then this plan is the next best thing, though I would worry if the Dominate power is detectable by sight, for instance if the victim moves stiffly or otherwise in an unnatural fashion. There's also the risk that the other watchers will react to one of their own taking an unannounced walk, but I suppose we can't have everything.

22. - Top - End - #52
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Unfortunately not. She can read minds from a distance now, but it requires 4+ successes on a Mind Scan power roll, then the mind reading power is an 'extended action' meaning she can't do anything else, and that requires successive rounds of opposed willpower rolls. So basically she'd stop in the street to *Puts hand to head* nyoing-nyoing-nyoing.

As far as I can read, Telepathy discipline doesn't give off any visual cues that it's being used (unless power entries denote as such), though those it is being used against are sometimes are aware of it. If she gets the Dominate off on one of the spies, she has to split her and their actions; so they'd each take a half action move each round as we head down an alley or something, basically looking like they're moving at very leisurely paces.
    Last edited by BananaPhone; 2023-08-23 at 05:10 PM.

23. - Top - End - #53
    Troll in the Playground

@bennosuke

can i ask when our next paycheck is?

24. - Top - End - #54
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

So Mr GM, I think we're all on board the "Uno Reversi" mind-enslavement of the next spy we pass. As above, he or she will need to beat 3 or 4 successes on an opposed willpower roll.
    Last edited by BananaPhone; 2023-08-24 at 05:49 PM.

25. - Top - End - #55
    Troll in the Playground

@bennosuke

Tech use (200)
    Concealed cavity (100)
    Stealth (100)
    Disguise (100)

milo will pick up these skills.

26. - Top - End - #56
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

So, just as a course of action:

1. Marc 'nabs' the next spy they pass, using Dominate, she gets them to follow the group, then down an alley and around a corner, off the main streets.
    2. Marc mind-scans the spy and learns what they know. She then tells the party all the necessary details.
    3. Arl/Milo toss the spy over a railing to dispose of the body. (hopefully after frisking them and removing all good items, like comms, ID, any weapons etc if we're really lucky we'll get their microbead that the spy team is using to communicate)
    4. Hound, Orla and Arl use the information given to decide how to proceed next, using their combination of book smarts, street smarts and assassin training. (not saying Milo can't contribute mind you, bramble, just given that he's still a priest and all atm, I figured those three would be better suited IC and Milo can take notes from Arl for his own change to assassin career.)

Sound good?

@Bennosuke

Just out of curiosity, but if Marc has someone under Dominate, meaning she controls them completely, and she then Mind Scans them, given her control over their mind, as long as she makes the roll with the penalty from sustaining multiple powers, can she force them to botch or waive their opposed willpower rolls? So basically mind controlling them into completely opening and surrendering their thoughts to her?
    Last edited by BananaPhone; 2023-08-24 at 10:08 PM.

27. - Top - End - #57
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

I think I would like to RP through finding the information, so long as it doesn't hold up the main IC action
    Okay, I will run a time warped scene in the IC thread along with the main thread.

milo has a silencer on the orthlack according to me sheet

just an fyi
    Okay.

@bennosuke

can i ask when our next paycheck is?
    Probably another three weeks out.

So Mr GM, I think we're all on board the "Uno Reversi" mind-enslavement of the next spy we pass. As above, he or she will need to beat 3 or 4 successes on an opposed willpower roll.
    Noted. Sorry, been a busy couple of days. IC post coming after this. Rolling that contested action, let's say against 35 (1d100)[72]

@bennosuke

Tech use (200)
    Concealed cavity (100)
    Stealth (100)
    Disguise (100)

milo will pick up these skills.
    Noted an approved. I have updated your character box. Please update your character sheet.

Just out of curiosity, but if Marc has someone under Dominate, meaning she controls them completely, and she then Mind Scans them, given her control over their mind, as long as she makes the roll with the penalty from sustaining multiple powers, can she force them to botch or waive their opposed willpower rolls? So basically mind controlling them into completely opening and surrendering their thoughts to her?
    I don't think she can force them not to resist her psychic attacks further, but I'd be okay with her having a bonus of let's say +10 for already having some psychic telepathic control over them, making it easir to mind scan. So still resisted, but +10
    Show

28. - Top - End - #58
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

I don't think she can force them not to resist her psychic attacks further, but I'd be okay with her having a bonus of let's say +10 for already having some psychic telepathic control over them, making it easir to mind scan. So still resisted, but +10
    Awesome, sounds pretty fair for risk/reward.

29. - Top - End - #59
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

The environment that we're in atm, I'd imagine, is very similar to the Lord Inquisitor short animated movie that came out a few years back, particularly from about the middle onwards.

Just in case anyone wants some more more atmosphere.

30. - Top - End - #60
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by BananaPhone View Post
    The environment that we're in atm, I'd imagine, is very similar to the Lord Inquisitor short animated movie that came out a few years back, particularly from about the middle onwards.

Just in case anyone wants some more more atmosphere.
    push comes to shove, pop a frag in the pram, and roll it down the way